User information for Dean Doucette

Real Name
Dean Doucette
Nickname
[RR]Rummy
Email
Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
We are a PC gaming clan that competes in BF1942, Desert Combat, Raven Shield, and Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. We are accepting new members but they have to be at least 25 years of age.
Signed On
August 27, 2002
Supporter
-
Total Posts
20 (Suspect)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

20 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: No subject
Jul 8, 2008, 11:47
Re: No subject Jul 8, 2008, 11:47
Jul 8, 2008, 11:47

I as much as anyone would like to see another F1 simulation for the PC especially in this climate of console arcade racing games. As gamers mature, we start to want more simulation and less arcade. There are many open-wheel mods available via rFactor and perhaps the best is CTDP 2005. The next version of this mod is expected soon with many advancements, including 6 tire choices and variable weather. It would be wise for Codemasters to examine the rFactor mods to see what makes them so great.

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 11:48.
[RR]Rummy
Clan Leader of Rummys Rampage at www.rummysrampage.com
Recruiting for BF1942, Desert Combat, Raven Shield, and Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

Re: Voice Quality
Mar 3, 2007, 21:18
Re: Voice Quality Mar 3, 2007, 21:18
Mar 3, 2007, 21:18

The voice quality in Steam games is so bad it is annoying. I always wondered why players even bother using Steam in-game voice. If only they knew how bad they sound. I have used Teamspeak 2 and Ventrilo for years and the sound quality in those two apps is far superior. It's about time Valve addressed the issue of sound quality instead of wasting time on Steam menu skins and other such frills. I have bought many games over Steam and this move will encourage me to buy more Steam games if they improve the key components of the online multiplayer gaming experience. Now if only they would sell GTR 2 and RFactor over Steam, then we would have something.

Rummy
This comment was edited on Mar 3, 21:18.
[RR]Rummy
Recruiting for BF1942, Desert Combat, Raven Shield, and Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

Re: They reduced the price for this MOD??
Oct 2, 2006, 00:06
Re: They reduced the price for this MOD?? Oct 2, 2006, 00:06
Oct 2, 2006, 00:06

I was going to respond but seems like everyone else saved me the trouble. Please, do not play the game, Zeph. Your negative attitude would shut out the sun and I wouldn't be able to see my targets.

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 00:07.
[RR]Rummy

Re: PatcH??
Sep 17, 2006, 15:39
Re: PatcH?? Sep 17, 2006, 15:39
Sep 17, 2006, 15:39

Zephalephelah:

Perhaps you should stick to arcade shooters. You're not ready for this one. If you complain about it, that shows you're not ready. When you have developed your skills a little more, then you should try it.

Rummy
This comment was edited on Sep 17, 15:39.
[RR]Rummy

Re: Spooge
Aug 5, 2006, 00:31
Re: Spooge Aug 5, 2006, 00:31
Aug 5, 2006, 00:31

Hello, Mr. Zeph. This is Agent Smith. Stop weaving and flexing so I can shoot you, Mr.Zeph.

Agent Smith
This comment was edited on Aug 5, 00:37.
[RR]Rummy

Re: Eh...
Aug 3, 2006, 11:46
Re: Eh... Aug 3, 2006, 11:46
Aug 3, 2006, 11:46

Agreed. Try this - in the Jeff Foxworthy style:

If you have ever played any of the Battlefield series games and emptied a full clip into someone's chest at point-blank range and they have not fallen but YOU have after one shot from them, then this game is for you.

If you have ever pummelled an attack helicopter with machinegun fire or from an anti-aircraft battery without even so much as scratching it, then this game is for you.

If you have ever been in DOD:S and had somebody jump up and down like some crazed crack bunny and shoot you in the head with a sniper rifle from an impossible distance while they are hopping up and down, then this game is for you.

If you have ever played in a game that has the same repetitive choke points where everyone either funnels through or camps, and you wonder what is the point, then this game is for you.

If you have ever played in a game where there are lone-wolves who fly off in the only remaining helicopter to leave four other players standing there wondering how much that other player understands about teamplay, then this game is for you.

If you have ever played in a game where players purposefully and mercilessly camp at spawn points until everyone has left the server except them, then this game is for you.

If you have ever played on a server where players are thee to purposefully annoy and upset the other players rather than realizing that they should realize that they are a member of that gaming community for that period in time and they should respect that others are trying to enjoy the small amount of time they have to play, then this game is for you.

I could go on and on, or perhaps you could add some of you own. You get the idea. It is the game for mature players who have graduated from twitch shooters and want something more challenging and more realistic.

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 11:48.
[RR]Rummy

Aug 2, 2006, 13:27
Re: No subject Aug 2, 2006, 13:27
Aug 2, 2006, 13:27

Now that's commentary! That's more like it. More useful than the ramblings...

This comment was edited on Aug 2, 13:28.
[RR]Rummy

Re: [RR]Rummy
Aug 2, 2006, 02:12
Re: [RR]Rummy Aug 2, 2006, 02:12
Aug 2, 2006, 02:12

I concede this forum to you Zephalephelah. Why I thought I could expect a sane discussion I will never know. Good luck with your gaming.
This comment was edited on Aug 2, 02:12.
[RR]Rummy

Re: Direct Link
Aug 2, 2006, 00:27
Re: Direct Link Aug 2, 2006, 00:27
Aug 2, 2006, 00:27

Zephalephelah: With an attitude like that: "Oh well, I'm sure I'll understand EVERYTHING to do with this limited bullshit mod that SOMEHOW made it to retail.", please do not try RO. We don't want people with such negative and cheat/hack attitudes to join the RO community that values realism and mature, respectful communication.

This comment was edited on Aug 2, 00:29.
[RR]Rummy

Buy it for multiplayer
Apr 29, 2006, 15:55
Buy it for multiplayer Apr 29, 2006, 15:55
Apr 29, 2006, 15:55

Red Orchestra is the pinnacle of tactical sims. This game shines as an online game. You are really missing out if you haven't tried RO online. If you want bots, play Call of Duty. The bots are good for testing the weapons before you play online. Don't forget that even though it is only 12 maps, the twelve are of the highest quality. For instance Baksan Valley is perhaps the best FPS map I have ever played. When played with other players who use the in-game VOIP and the map function to coordinate attacks and defences, this game is stellar.

Rummy
This comment was edited on Apr 29, 15:56.
[RR]Rummy

Re: bots offline
Mar 15, 2006, 14:03
Re: bots offline Mar 15, 2006, 14:03
Mar 15, 2006, 14:03

Yes, RO can be played offline with bots. Did notice that bots will walk right by me as if I am invisible. I was a little hasty in comparing bots in RO to bots in Farcry. These bots are really only good for target practise.

Played last night for two hours in multiplayer. Our assault across wheat fields was definitely a gaming moment. The guns feel so realistic. Not a bunny hopper or circle strafer to be found. Stealth is necessary as is well-timed bravado. Then there was the tank battle on another map with three of us in a tank, each manning a different position, driver, gunner, machine gunner. Oh, and then the street fighting was intense. Having to crawl on my belly to be able to acquire an advantageous position behind a knocked-out truck to take out a sniper with a carbine using iron sights.
This is the game I was hoping WWII Online and Battlefield 1942 would be. Don't get me wrong. BF2 is fun and especially Special Forces expansion pack, but I wanted realism and this feels real.

"Rummy" is my name in Red Orchestra

This comment was edited on Mar 15, 14:03.
[RR]Rummy

Re: Red Orchestra - impresses me
Mar 14, 2006, 22:26
Re: Red Orchestra - impresses me Mar 14, 2006, 22:26
Mar 14, 2006, 22:26

The bots are equal to the bots in Farcry. I have yet to encounter bots that make me go "Wow". The bots will shoot from places of concealment. Didn't see any nades being thrown. As you know, nothing replaces human hunters. The bots are useful for practising. I had the setting at "newbie" so until I test further, I'd say they are fine. Oh, and I never saw any bots getting stuck.

This comment was edited on Mar 14, 22:26.
[RR]Rummy

Red Orchestra - impresses me
Mar 14, 2006, 21:26
Red Orchestra - impresses me Mar 14, 2006, 21:26
Mar 14, 2006, 21:26

Launched Red Orchestra today and played it versus bots. On my 3.0 PIV 3.0 GHz Radeon 9800 PRO rig I was able to set everything to max at 1280x960 32-bit. Game played smooth. I was impressed by the level of detail in the levels. Maps are more intricate and open than Day of Defeat Source or Counterstrike Source. No silly pinch points. I have played both versions of Call of Duty, every version of Battlefield, and plenty of America's Army and I say that this game has found the optimum blend of fun gameplay and challenging realism. For $26 CDN this was a bargain! I will be playing this game for many months.

This comment was edited on Mar 14, 21:27.
[RR]Rummy

As mush fun as 1NSANE
Nov 4, 2004, 01:08
As mush fun as 1NSANE Nov 4, 2004, 01:08
Nov 4, 2004, 01:08

I haven't had this much fun with so many laughs since we played 1NSANE (4X4 truck racing) at LAN parties a few years ago.

My sons and I played it this afternoon and my son scored 95m on his highest jump and 205m on total of 3 jumps.

I had a tire stick in my passenger window as I went around the track. I cursed a driver that drove me off the track but then stopped cursing when I noticed it was a lucious blonde babe. I had a oil drum careen past my windshield as I drove around a corner. I enjoyed driving other drivers into log piles, etc.

Hit items to build up your nitro points. Make sure you let go of nitro well before corners.

All three tracks were entertaining. I prefer the paved track, personally, probably because I like F1.

I play it on a Logitech Formula Force GP which has force feedback and this game feels great. Not sure why others suffer with gamepads and keyboards. If you want to feel immersed in a virtual reality, drop a few bucks.

This game will be under the tree for my son on Christmas morning. I'm sure glad HE is getting this game.

[RR]Rummy
Recruiting for America's Army, Battlefield Vietnam, Raven Shield, and Pacific Fighters
This comment was edited on Nov 4, 01:11.
[RR]Rummy

Re: F**k Starforce...
Oct 13, 2004, 01:04
Re: F**k Starforce... Oct 13, 2004, 01:04
Oct 13, 2004, 01:04

Well put, Viper! That should shut up the arcade drivers. Most of the people whining have probably never even played F1 Challenge '99-'02 so they have NO freakin' idea what they are even talking about.

GTR is going to be one for the ages. To miss it is pure folly or absolute ignorance.

[RR]Rummy
Recruiting for Counterstrike:Source
This comment was edited on Oct 13, 01:06.
[RR]Rummy

Dedicated Server functionality?
Apr 14, 2004, 01:45
Dedicated Server functionality? Apr 14, 2004, 01:45
Apr 14, 2004, 01:45

Does this game support dedicated server functionality? F1 Challenge is a superb game, mostly because it is so moddable but its greatest weakness was it did not support a dedicated server option. Without a dedicated server option, it is unlikely you will find 12 racers online together without lag.

This comment was edited on Apr 14, 01:48.
[RR]Rummy

NFS for newbies
Mar 6, 2004, 01:58
NFS for newbies Mar 6, 2004, 01:58
Mar 6, 2004, 01:58

I bought a FF wheel for my first racing game, NFS-Porsche Unleashed Awesome physics! Great replays! After awhile, I wanted more realism. Discovered EA's F1 Challenge '99-'02. Now there's no going back. I laughed when I tried the NFS:Underground. All eye candy and no realism.

Do yourself a favor, graduate up to more realistic racing and your enjoyment will increase also. Did I mention the numerous mods for F1C also?

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 02:00.
[RR]Rummy

Mar 2, 2004, 21:22
Re: No subject Mar 2, 2004, 21:22
Mar 2, 2004, 21:22

See the darkness fall. That's UT2004 being eclipsed by BF-Vietnam. Let's face it. The vehicles in UT2004 are arcadish at best. Heck, they even bounce off the terrain like pinballs. It's BF-Vietnam all the way for me.
[RR]Rummy

Re: GUI VOTE button.
Aug 28, 2002, 14:02
Re: GUI VOTE button. Aug 28, 2002, 14:02
Aug 28, 2002, 14:02

Yes!!! You hit the nail on the head. Many of us agree that this is the best team game to come out in years and we have a few #$%&* out there who are starved for attention because their mommy weaned them too soon. They respond to this by teamkilling for attention or issuing viruses to the world.

Definitely need GUI VOTE button like in Return to Castle Wolfenstein to protect this game. This is the thread that needs to be seen by the developers and third-party coders.

[RR]Rummy

Splash Damage for RPG / Voting
Aug 27, 2002, 00:52
Splash Damage for RPG / Voting Aug 27, 2002, 00:52
Aug 27, 2002, 00:52

It makes sense to have splash damage for RPG rockets. When I send a rocket at someone's feet like in Unreal Tournament, the intended person is affected by splash damage. The same should be true in BF 1942 but it isn't.

The voting system should be more accessible like it is in Return to Castle Wolfenstein. There have been some teamkillers (read as "teen weenies") that deliberately disrupt the teamplay. This game could be become the ultimate teamplay game if we can protect ourselves from the teen weenies who deliberately kill their teammates. I'm referring to the #$%&* who shoot you when you get to the planes before them. Play long enough and you'' see it. A more accessible voting system must be put in

[RR]Rummy
20 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older