Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for MyRealName

Real Name MyRealName   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MyRealName
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 23, 2002, 18:03
Total Comments 787 (Graduate)
User ID 13980

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2019, 18:58 MyRealName

Fucking social media. When exactly is this age of self-fueled drama and outrage set to end, the willful taking of issue with every single new thing that comes along just for the sake of riding on the bandwagon with the rest of the snowflakes?

I mean,
A male getting a female an exercise bike is certainly offensive...unless you figure maybe it's for both of them and she really, really, really wanted one. Clearly she doesn't need to lose weight, so why jump to that assumption? Have you heard that fit people exercise, too?

And,
Being "nervous" about such a thing is certainly offensive, too, isn't it?...unless it's nervous excitement for something she's been looking forward to forever. Maybe she fights depression or has type 2 diabetes or arthritis or heart disease, all of which can benefit from exercise. In which case you should STFU and stay out of her medical business.

And,
Using a very attractive and fit woman (and man) for advertising is certainly offensive...unless you realize that advertising has always used attractive people (even when they're meaning to be "unattractive") and no one would be inspired to get fit by an unfit person, unless of course they came with a before/after progress display wherein they've become... surprise... more attractive.

Talk about reading offense into everything. Anyone who doesn't appreciate how exercise changes your life is someone who has never done it and knows nothing about it. Stop being so damn delicate and go move your offended precious fat lazy ass. If you stick with it for more than a day, you might just learn that exercise does in fact change your life.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

General Discussion > Feedback on responsive layout

26. No subject Nov 6, 2019, 19:02 MyRealName

I'm personally finding the font very hard to read. Too crammed, not enough blank space, too much white per blue.

Doesn't feel like Blue's after all these years, but I suppose that'll pass. I don't imagine "hard to read" will pass, though. Is it possible that sites allow users to choose among a selection of fonts and that gets saved in the cookie? Not sure.

Edit: old versus new
https://imgur.com/aOBpQFa

News Comments > No EGS Exclusivity for EVERSPACE 2

21. Re: No EGS Exclusivity for EVERSPACE 2 Oct 7, 2019, 19:08 MyRealName

Hm. EGS / Steam with DRM, or cheap (and maybe even free, like I got the first one) without DRM from GoG... Decisions, decisions.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews

1. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 17, 2019, 19:25 MyRealName

Re...re-boot? I mean, that's all the Rage these days, isn't it?  

News Comments > System Shock 3 Trailer

23. Re: System Shock 3 Trailer Sep 11, 2019, 19:56 MyRealName

No, just highly unfortunate...;)
I'd actually suggest quite the opposite! I'd love to have them still before me as fresh and new, yet-to-be-played. Jump in!

As for SS3, I do have to admit to having very serious concerns. Ultima Underworld constitutes one of my oldest and favorite games. It and Doom are what brought me to PC from Commodore 64. I play Thief to this day (literally--not two hours ago, I finished a play-through of the Grand Hotel of T2X with my preschooler) and I've pretty much loved everything (up till closing) from the Neurath / LG team. SS2 ranks up there with my faves as well, and SHODAN remains my phone's lock screen to this day.

Then along comes Otherside. Although I haven't played Ascendant, I don't think I ever will. It looks like saggy ass and the reviews aren't pretty either. I will likely never touch it out of fear that it will tarnish my memories.

And now they have SS3 in their hands.

My hopes:
1. Mr. "You can't make games for MIT grads" Spector has realized how wrong he was, has grown a bit, and can get his head (back) in the game.
2. Otherside have hired some competent artists. Apologies to those working on Ascendant, but it is butt ugly. Proportions of characters, animations, world design--all of it is so terrible and amateurish that I was just one of many calling it out since day one. It never improved.
3. That they don't succumb to the lure of the cinematic route, but rather let the gameplay do the talking as they did with SS2.
4. That they (this feels really weird saying this about a System Shock title, but here goes) don't go so overboard on gore factor (as this video starts to suggest) at the expense of what makes Shock what it is. Blatant gore is always inferior to well-delivered psychological horror.
5. That SS3 doesn't ultimately establish Otherside as the "Ruiners of Nostalgia"

News Comments > Into the Black

2. Re: Into the Black Jul 25, 2019, 21:03 MyRealName

"The woman was not arrested."  

News Comments > What Happens to Purchases if Google Kills Stadia?

28. Re: What Happens to Purchases if Google Kills Stadia? Jul 19, 2019, 19:28 MyRealName

Eventually all of our games will be safely in the cloud too

What arrogance. As if the entire consumer-level hardware market (not to mention the interest in it) will just dry up and die. Just like PCs did, right? Oh, and all independent developers will just quit doing what they love to do. And all hacker types who move in step to defeat this type of nonsense every single day. And all retro collectors will forgo their passions. Etc., etc. Everyone who loves machines and tech will simply bow to the cloud. Right.

Google, since you track everything, track this: Eat shit.

News Comments > etc., etc.

2. Re: etc., etc. Jul 15, 2019, 23:00 MyRealName

Follow up: Steamies crawl out of the woodwork to complain that the award was "too exclusive."

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse

12. Re: Microsoft is about to shut off its ebook DRM servers Jun 30, 2019, 20:15 MyRealName

BILLION dollar corporation
Trillion, actually, by market valuation.

Keep supporting DRM, folks! Thumbsup

News Comments > Starbase Video

3. Re: Starbase Video Jun 27, 2019, 22:01 MyRealName

This looks like it might be a riot. I hope they offer it on platforms other than just that monopoly site.  

News Comments > Tim Sweeney on EGS' Impact

79. Re: Tim Sweeney on EGS' Impact Jun 26, 2019, 21:22 MyRealName

Glad to see a few rational voices have stepped forward to balance this ongoing spectacle with a bit of sanity. I'll only add that anyone (and there have been several) who boldly states "I don't care what the dev gets!" or similar is, with respect, rather shortsighted and selfish. It's not about compassion, but you do at least love games, don't you? That is why you're here, right? Rethink your asserted stance on a developer's cut and I'm sure the problem will become clear--even for you.  

News Comments > WHO Recognizes "Gaming Disorder"

9. Re: WHO Recognizes May 26, 2019, 20:24 MyRealName

Nope. Only if they similarly recognize "Television Disorder", "Gardening Disorder", "Forum Participant Disorder", "News Follower Disorder", "Music Lover Disorder", "Netflix Disorder", "Beer Disorder" (well, maybe not that one), "Lego Disorder", "Socializing with Friendly People Disorder", "Daily Routine Disorder", "Hobby Disorder", "Doin' Lots of Shit You Like Because Life is Short Disorder", and so on.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10

1. Re: Steam Top 10 May 26, 2019, 20:18 MyRealName

SEE? ALL CAPS = WIN.  

4. Re: Steam Top 10 May 19, 2019, 23:08 MyRealName

As it continues to happen, I'm left wondering if so too many use ALL CAPS on the assumption it makes their titles stand out against other titles.

PAY ATTENTION TO US! NOT THEM! NO, NO!--US! YES, THAT'S BETTER. WE'RE BETTER!

What's even more troubling is if it's actually working.

News Comments > etc.

3. Re: etc. Mar 28, 2019, 20:14 MyRealName

Notch stole it from Zach, anyway.  

News Comments > How Do You Know Mr. Blue? Demo

5. Re: How Do You Know Mr. Blue? Demo Feb 21, 2019, 20:22 MyRealName

Two sentences, two out-loud laughs (second louder than the first). Well done, Mr. Blue, well done.  

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 27, 2019, 21:04 MyRealName

Frijoles wrote on Jan 27, 2019, 13:01:
TOO MANY CAPS THESE DAYS.

YES. RAMPANT CAPS, COLONS/SUBTITLES, AND RE-USE OF NAMES.
MARKETING FOLK HAVE ALL THE RIGHT MOVES. BOW TO THEM.

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 20, 2019, 18:30 MyRealName

FROM THIS LIST, IT WOULD APPEAR ALL-CAPS IS DEFINITELY THE WAY TO GO.

YOU WILL PAY ATTENTION TO OUR PRODUCT ABOVE ALL OTHERS.

PLEASE DISREGARD THE OTHER ALL-CAPS TITLES.

I REMEMBER WHEN CAPS WERE MOSTLY FOR ACRONYMS.

THOSE WERE THE DAYS.

News Comments > Epic Launching App Store

14. Re: Epic Launching App Store Dec 31, 2018, 21:29 MyRealName

Here's hoping they take on Amazon publishing next.  

787 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >