Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Anon Anon

Real Name Anon Anon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Icewind
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 21, 2002, 18:44
Total Comments 1632 (Pro)
User ID 13929

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > RAGE 2 in May
8. Re: RAGE 2 in May Dec 7, 2018, 13:30 Icewind

Darks wrote on Dec 7, 2018, 12:49:
MeanJim wrote on Dec 7, 2018, 12:18:
Pass. Only avalable on Bethesda.shit.store.

Why is it a shit store? What makes their store any different from UBI's or EA Origin or anyone for that matter?

Seriously, grow up!

Because it's yet another digital storefront that he/we have to install and hand control of our computer over to just to play one game from one publisher. EA did this and you see how much people love Origin. Ditto for Ubisoft and their Uplay garbage. I don't see how this is so hard for you to understand. Are you getting paid to defend Bethesda?

Steam and GOG. That's all we need for a healthy PC gaming ecosystem. If a developer can't suck it in, eat some of their pride, and just release their games on one (or both) of those storefronts, then they lost my money. It's bad enough I have Origin because a couple of my games require it, but I'm not installing another.

I know why they do it. Steam and GOG want a cut of the profits, and a big company like Bethesda doesn't want its money taken away. It's greed, pure and simple. Granted, Valve isn't blameless, but this isn't what this is about. It's about making things convenient for the consumer.

I was forced to use Uplay to play Far Cry 3 when it came out, and after that, I decided to never buy another Ubi game due to having to run Uplay overtop of Steam, which was ridiculous.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age The Dread Wolf Rises Teased
6. Re: Dragon Age The Dread Wolf Rises Teased Dec 7, 2018, 13:06 Icewind

Guess that pretty much confirms that http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Fen'Harel is the subject of the next game, as if we had any doubt.

I've been wondering though how different he'll be if Solas was allowed to eat up the god soul of Morrigan's baby if you performed the ritual in the first game over, say, if this didn't happen and he lacks it.

I would hope the boss fight at the end is much more difficult and has him using new/different powers if he has the soul. In my only save I took through all 3 games, he has that soul, so...

News Comments > Blizzard Reminder: Diablo Revelations Coming Next Year
10. Re: Blizzard Reminder: Diablo Revelations Coming Next Year Dec 2, 2018, 01:32 Icewind

Someone mentioned a first person Diablo, and that was already tried...it came out on Steam as a game called "Kings and Heroes". Look it up, but don't expect much.

They could've made a mint by just doing an HD remake of Diablo 2 and leaving the core gameplay and systems untouched. They could've made a proper expansion to Diablo 3 instead of just throwing out an old character with no extra story content.

I've been playing Path of Exile again since Blizzcon's Immortal announcement and having a blast. Just finished all 10 acts as a Berserker/Guardian and hit lv 78. It's not a perfect game, but it's light years beyond anything Blizzard has made since 2002.

News Comments > Obsidian Countdown
15. Re: Obsidian Countdown Nov 29, 2018, 01:54 Icewind

GothicWizard wrote on Nov 28, 2018, 22:38:
I was told by a now former Obsidian dev couple years ago they were working on a post apoc IP that Obsidian will own. So they can do their own Fallout type games w/o being at the mercy of Beth anymore.

I will be interested to see if they were correct and this is that or if this is something totally different.

I'm fine with this.

But I suppose the only console that will get it will be Xbox.

News Comments > Torchlight Frontiers Forged Class Trailer
3. Re: Torchlight Frontiers Forged Class Trailer Nov 15, 2018, 12:32 Icewind

Rhett wrote on Nov 15, 2018, 10:41:
Yeah, I saw this and I was like "why did I hate this, exactly?" - It's F2P.

I saw gameplay, and it looked like it would have been okay up until I saw that there will absolutely be microtransactions for faster leveling/more XP/more gold/etc. This is not the Diablo clone you are looking for.

Path of Exile is F2P and, as of now, still allows you to compete without being a spender of real money. I have several characters all geared up and never spent a single penny on the cosmetics.

Now, Neverwinter? ESO? Those require money, eventually. Unless you like waiting.

I say give this game a chance. If it *is* pay-to-win, then we can tear it apart.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 15, 2018, 12:26 Icewind

It's only going to get more difficult to recruit people with each generation now. A lot of factors are going into why this is so. You have the internet showing kids the true horror of war and that it only benefits the rich and they are just proxy wars for the elite. You have a more sedentary lifestyle with more kids just wanting to stay inside and play video games. You also have people wising up to the fact that the army pays about the same as a full time wal-mart job, but comes with the possibility of death or PTSD. Though, we aren't counting the black friday shoppers, of course.

All joking aside, most of these kids today are either smart enough to see what a poor option this is or they aren't physically/mentally capable of the kind of strength needed to make it in the armed forces.

I remember when I graduated - and this was the early 90s - they called me constantly asking me to join. I could barely survive waking up at 6am to go to work 5 days a week, so why they'd think I could make it in the army is beyond me.

News Comments > MS Acquires Obsidian and inXile
5. Re: MS Acquires Obsidian and inXile Nov 11, 2018, 13:59 Icewind

Fion wrote on Nov 11, 2018, 13:34:
I'm not sure what M$ is thinking here, Obsidian pretty exclusively makes cRPGs, a genre that has never done well on consoles.

Still.. sucks. Not every game of theirs was a success, but Obsidian (and many of it's developers) have been involved in making some of the best RPGs in gaming history.

Maybe they see it starting to change. Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity, and Divinity Original Sin all have console versions and apparently they did well enough to have their sequels come out (or about to come out) on the same consoles. Has to be a viable market there if these companies are willing to pump money into porting and Q&A for them.

I recently developed bad carpal tunnel in my right hand and can't play the CRPGs I always have since mouse movement gives me pain. Due to this, I grabbed Pillars of Eternity on Xbox and was amazed at how well it controlled. Same for Wasteland 2. Though Divinity Original Sin 2 has fully integrated gamepad controls on PC, most of these CRPGs do not. It's really helped me continue to play these games even though I no longer am able to hold a mouse. Good for gamers well into their 40s like myself.

Though it's not due to that, I think Microsoft just sees CRPGs moving to the console in much the same way JRPGs have begun to move to the PC. Both the PC and console are so similar now as platforms, that there exists no reason why one style of game would be considered better suited for one over the other. Especially if that rumor about the next Xbox having mouse support in games is true.

Just a thought.

News Comments > Final Fantasy XV Cancels DLC
7. Re: Final Fantasy XV Cancels DLC Nov 9, 2018, 12:06 Icewind

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 18:55:
Square has sunk so much money into very mediocre games under his leadership, with ff XV being probably the best work he was responsible (in part) for, and now they shut that down and let him go.

I think it's a good thing. Maybe they can find someone that will give their long time fans what they've been asking for, instead of the monumental money drains they've been churning out. The mmo was good after they scrapped the original one too.. but having to rebuild the game like that must have taken a tremendous amount of money and resources to what was supposed to be a already-finished game.

Give us remakes that aren't fucking Android/mobile ports. It's nice their games are coming to PC now, but most of them are pump n' dump Android ports which is just fucking sad. The amount of money they squandered by not doing their old titles justice with proper remakes is astonishing. FF7 is in the works.. but who knows if that will even come out at this point, with how endlessly teased and delayed it's been.

Either way, hopefully they do better with new leadership. Square can and should do better.

I want to get excited about the FF7 remake, but since it's going to be episodic, I'm more than likely going to wait until the whole thing has been released and then catch in on sale in a complete bundle. Even then, I worry if the gameplay will be decent, since it's going the ARPG route. I wasn't fond of 15's combat, and if FF7 is more of the same, I might just pass it.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials
5. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials Nov 9, 2018, 03:40 Icewind

I would've bought Forsaken, but from what I saw, the drop rate was not improved. I see no point in investing 3-4 hours of play just to gain 2-3 "light levels". I beat the base campaign and the first two DLC campaigns as well, and hit around light level 360. Getting to 400, so I could do the extra post-end game content they started making available, was impossible. I was gaining maybe 1 light level per day, and it was by very small adjustments to my load out. My weapons were mostly ineffective, and drops were abysmally bad.

News Comments > Rumor: Blizzard Pulled a Diablo 4 Announcement
42. Re: Rumor: Blizzard Pulled a Diablo 4 Announcement Nov 7, 2018, 03:53 Icewind

Desalus wrote on Nov 6, 2018, 19:31:
Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 6, 2018, 15:56:
Desalus wrote on Nov 6, 2018, 09:08:
Not all mobile games are hot garbage, unless I guess if you are some kind of gaming elitist.
All? Probably not all. Most? Definitely.

I agree. Most are garbage. Diablo Immortal does not look like one of those games however.

I agree, it *looks* good, but it's developer is notorious for inserting Pay2Win mechanics in their games, apparently. Now, maybe Activision/Blizzard may have told them to cut that crap out this one time...but maybe they don't care.

Truth is, we don't know yet, and won't know, so I'm waiting until it comes out to form my final opinion on it.

News Comments > HELLGATE: London Returning (Again) Next Month
9. Re: HELLGATE: London Returning (Again) Next Month Oct 24, 2018, 14:11 Icewind

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 24, 2018, 13:42:
$10 this ships with the same memory leaks.

This was my first thought when I saw the news.

All the way up to the end, Flagship Studios never bothered to compress the images used of items in the inventory grid, which still gobbled up RAM like 500 hungry instances of Chrome.

I bet they still haven't fixed that.

News Comments > Destiny 2: Forsaken Released
3. Re: Destiny 2: Forsaken Released Sep 5, 2018, 04:42 Icewind

UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Sep 5, 2018, 00:39:
fawker wrote on Sep 4, 2018, 21:50:
Fillion's back, we can call this one a true DLC.

I think you mean Nolan North

I think everyone by now knows they're the same guy.

News Comments > Shadows: Awakening Awakens
3. Re: Shadows: Awakening Awakens Sep 5, 2018, 02:04 Icewind

I played this game the first time it came out a couple of years ago and it flopped. The re-did it and swore it would be better. We'll see. I got it for free since I own the original. Not too excited to try it though. It was an incredibly slow and linear D1 clone.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 4, 2018, 15:28 Icewind

So I guess we'll just run tournaments of Mario Kart, Forza, or Madden then.

It's just an excuse for them to squash the talk of esports getting included. They want folk to stop trying and this is their way of ending it.

"Well, we'd let you in and all, but ya know, the violence in your games is unacceptable, sorry."

News Comments > Diablo III Season 14 Ends Soon
3. Re: Diablo III Season 14 Ends Soon Sep 2, 2018, 06:23 Icewind

I stopped when I hit around 440 in Paragon level, that was....season 6 I think.

I never played the seasons because I saw no point, I just took my monk and pushed him as far as I could. He can crit for about 3 billion damage, which is nice. Easily coasts through torment 10...but I don't see the point of playing anymore. I'd rather them just do that Diablo 2 remake they keep hinting at.

News Comments > RAGE 2 Trailer
7. Re: RAGE 2 Trailer Aug 11, 2018, 12:56 Icewind

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 08:40:
DangerDog wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 02:33:
Gearbox has their work cut out for them to top this with Borderlands 3

Apples and oranges. As cool as this looks, it's still a standard FPS, driven by its story/quest content and canvassing the map to tick all the boxes on your 'exploration' list . You play around with the dozen or so weapons for a while and 100% the game after maybe 50 hours, then you're done. Like Just Cause or Far Cry, etc.

Borderlands, on the other hand, is a first-person ARPG. It's Diablo with guns. Casuals will spend a few dozen hours going through the campaign once, but the randomly-generated loot and multiple character classes will keep core fans interested enough to grind through the same content over and over, for hundreds of hours.

Borderlands 2 drop rate was so F'ed that even Gearbox admitted it and spent a few patches trying to fix it and begging people to come back and try it.

This "casual" beat the campaign of BL2 once and never bothered with it. It paled in comparison to BL1's tighter/more condensed world, better designed levels, and much better drop rate. BL2 was just the developers saying "Hey, let's throw as much as we can in here and make it as big as we can, and who cares if it works, just keep stuffing as much in as possible!"

Plus, as much of a fan as I am of Borderlands 1, the cartoon aesthetic got old quick. We have 1070s or better now and that cell-shaded garbage ain't cuttin' it anymore. I want something that looks 2019, not 2009.

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Gameplay Trailer
26. Re: DOOM Eternal Gameplay Trailer Aug 11, 2018, 12:24 Icewind

I'd like the old style DOOM too, as most people here keep saying, but you can modernize old DOOM a bit by grabbing the Doomsday engine and applying all the texture packs and 3D monster/item models. It won't look as nice as this, but it's as close as you're going to get. Unless you liked DOOM 3's engine/physics and download the classic level mods for that (Which aren't as good)  

News Comments > Blizzard Teases "Multiple Diablo Projects"
14. Re: Blizzard Teases Aug 9, 2018, 05:11 Icewind

jdreyer wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 01:58:
What I'd really like to see is Diablo FPS. I want to shoot firebolts and chain lightning at demons!

Hellgate London?

That didn't go so well.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend
4. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend Aug 8, 2018, 02:53 Icewind

ItBurn wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 02:08:
My friend refuses to play MMOs. I hate them too actually, but I'm a huge Elder Scrolls fan. Do you have a way of convincing us to play this?

The entire game can be played singleplayer, as you would any other Elder Scrolls game that came before this. Then, if you *want* to co-op, you can put in for a dungeon queue and get paired with 3 other randoms for a story dungeon.

There's also "realm v.s. realm" style PvP if you want to do it, but you don't have to. Plus all the "loot crate" stuff is useless fluff that you can get for free by just logging in every day for a couple seconds during the month.

There are only 2 MMORPGs I play. One is FF14, and the other is ESO.

It's fun and you don't need to buy a monthly sub. The storyline in the Morrowind expansion is worth it, IMO. You get to see Vivec really squirm and see how the meteor got where it is, plus learn more about the past of The King of Worms and the Amulet of Kings.

News Comments > Saturday Patches
2. Re: Saturday Patches Aug 5, 2018, 04:31 Icewind

That chrono Trigger patch seems to have broken the game, according to the steam forums. Now save games don't work, two of the endings glitch, and the cinematics aren't loading.

Guessing that won't be the final patch after all.

1632 Comments. 82 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo