Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Anon Anon

Real Name Anon Anon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Icewind
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 21, 2002, 18:44
Total Comments 1608 (Pro)
User ID 13929

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
14. Re: Morning Metaverse May 22, 2018, 16:22 Icewind

Bodolza wrote on May 22, 2018, 15:17:
wtf_man wrote on May 22, 2018, 13:33:
Uh... California in general, is definitely far left, and mostly out of touch with the rest of the country.

Thank goodness. It's allowed us to have the 5th largest economy in the world, while still having clean air, clean water, public parks, lots of high-paying jobs, diverse communities, sane zoning laws, a rainy-day fund, and good beer.

The rest of the country should be thankful, too, since California is a donor state.

It's also allowed you to have a hepatitis epidemic in San Francisco due to people defecating on the streets, a homelessness epidemic, and a high unemployment rate.

People are fleeing California in record numbers, but you'll just call that fake news.

So, when are you guys leaving the union? Hope it's soon. We can count those electoral votes out in 2020.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released
6. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released May 9, 2018, 02:38 Icewind

i played a pre-release reviewer's build starting last month for the site I write for and after a 50 hour playthrough I only experienced a very minor bug with a NPC who was supposed to be "gone" suddenly appearing on my ship and bringing up old dialog and a CTD once while exiting the game. Nothing major. A few graphical glitches here and there but that's more of my fault for running year old nvidia drivers.

Overall, it's probably the most stable game they've launched. Which admittedly, doesn't mean much, but still.

CJ_Parker wrote on May 8, 2018, 23:06:
A few hours in and pretty good so far but like every Obsidian release it has "Bugs Bunny was here" written all over it (cue a fanboi claiming they had ZERO bugs both here as well as the release version of the original game in 3... 2... 1...).

There is one really bad crash early on if you take the "game over" path.
Yes, that's right, you can literally end the game after five minutes by being uncooperative so the crash is not really that bad as far as progression in the game goes but for many people, myself included, it crashes the game and locks up the PC so it's still kinda meh.

Other than that, my save import from the first game seems to have worked fine contrary to many other people (or maybe I just have a really bad memory and don't even get a chance to give a shit), no more crashes in over three hours, decent performance but lots and lots of little bugs and issues that add up.

There is also an official list of known major issues (um, so after having a beta and a delay, why does the game still ship with KNOWN MAJOR ISSUES in the first place, Obsidian, hm? Weeeelll?? Why??? ).

Anyway, guess I'm gonna keep playing for a few more hours, then shelve it for a proper playthrough around xmas when all the DLC is going to be included and when it is hopefully patched up really well.
It's certainly a special game that deserves to be played in its best possible state.
Well, and xmas is a much nicer time of year for such an epic RPG anyway.

So far, so good. Give it a few patches and then this is going to have the potential to be RPG of the Year award material.

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Episode 1
7. Re: Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Episode 1 Mar 28, 2018, 01:17 Icewind

pacefalm wrote on Mar 27, 2018, 23:51:
Getting a definite Ultima 9 vibe from this.

And that's not a good vibe to have.

I was on the owo boards back when it launched and I've never seen a bigger riot then what went on there.

News Comments > PC CHRONO TRIGGER Released
6. Re: PC CHRONO TRIGGER Released Feb 28, 2018, 04:12 Icewind

jdreyer wrote on Feb 28, 2018, 01:57:
MacLeod wrote on Feb 27, 2018, 21:22:
Can someone give me a remastered Chrono Cross please? I'd play the shit out of that.

Says, "updated graphics." How much more remastered do you want?

He said Chrono *Cross*, the PS1 sequel.

And for what it's worth, if you want improved graphics, play it in ePSXe with all the bells and whistles on in OpenGL mode. It looks gorgeous. About as good as a mid era PS2 game, in fact.

News Comments > Your Royal Gayness Comes Out
6. Re: Your Royal Gayness Comes Out Jan 30, 2018, 13:59 Icewind

Every indie game nowadays has to be about sexual identity.

I miss when indie games were just about shooting monsters and walking through dungeons.

If you play games to learn about the world around you, then you need to get out more. You can learn about LGBTQ issues anywhere in the real world, you don't need a game. I think these folks are all shut-ins that need a game to tell them about life.

Me? I play games to get away from all the life i'm over-exposed to on a daily basis.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 25, 2018, 12:48 Icewind

nobody expects the spanish inq...

I mean NOBODY EXPECTS THE EAGLES

News Comments > The Witcher Turning 10
7. Re: The Witcher Turning 10 Oct 16, 2017, 13:24 Icewind

I remember not being able to beat the first boss, the phantom dog, in Witcher 1. Had to restart and re-spec Geralt as a mage to better do it. I learned though. Ended up having a great time going through it a couple times. The game was clunky, but you could see how different it was and how much potential there was for more.

I hope they continue with that forward progression in their design.

News Comments > Ultima Online Turns 20
11. Re: Ultima Online Turns 20 Sep 24, 2017, 20:13 Icewind

I remember being a part of the Diablo forum community and everyone was planning a mass exodus from the game when UO launched. Sure enough, most of the people I played with in 97 went to UO when it launched in the fall. I joined a pk guild with a few other people I PK'd with in Diablo and we got into it pretty hard. Made fanfiction, wrote twisted histories of our characters, etc etc

Running around with halberds in robes, stealing houses and ganking people. Good times.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Nears 500K Sold
16. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Nears 500K Sold Sep 19, 2017, 05:36 Icewind

OpticNerve wrote on Sep 19, 2017, 03:26:
These guys deserve the best. You can tell from their Kickstarter Update videos that Swen (and the team) have a lot of enthusiasm for the RPG genre and are trying to put out the best RPG possible. Who knew that an isometric, turn-based RPG would get so much praise and fan-fare?

Larian is basically the CDProjekt of Isometric RPGs. Lately the Europeans have been kicking the shit out of the US when it comes to quality and memorable RPGs.

Who knew? I did. I've been clamoring for turn-based CRPGs - a revival of them - since 2006 when I used to post youtube videos of the goldbox games and people thought my idea of bringing that into the modern age was an old man's cranky wish and nothing more. Most of the Codex was wishing for it too.

As for Europeans suddenly kicking the shit out of the US...they've been doing it since Gothic 1.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Nears 500K Sold
4. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Nears 500K Sold Sep 18, 2017, 22:06 Icewind

Cram wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 20:08:
Grats all around. Now, can you please....please finish the 'Divine' Divinity storyline.

This.

I would love to see the dragon knight (which the character plays) from Ego Draconis team up with the player hero for a final drawn-out, and suitably epic battle with Damian and his forces.

The ending to Divinity 2, at least the expansion ending where you freed Lucian, was amazing...and I feel let down that after 3 more games, we still don't know what happens next.

News Comments > Dishonored: Death of the Outsider Released
5. Re: Dishonored: Death of the Outsider Released Sep 15, 2017, 12:03 Icewind

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 10:54:
Easy fix: Postpone Divinity OS 2. It will get the inevitable Enhanced Edition and it will only get (even) better with each patch. Focus on XCOM and this critter here.

Even easier fix: Turn off the computer and get laid more. Fuck the fall release mania and relax. All of these games ain't goin' nowhere.

But the computer and the games I have on it are how I *escape* from the wife. You mean I should shut it off and spend time with her?

**** that.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Released
10. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Released Sep 15, 2017, 04:06 Icewind

Osc8r wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 02:31:
Awesome sh*t. Just hope the AI offers some challenge all the way through this time round.

I just hit level 5 and escaped the prison side of the island, and to me, the AI feels more suicidal. Not smarter, just more uncaring.

I was in a fight with two boss characters with heavy armor, and while plugging away at one of them after backing her into a corner, she threw a firestorm grenade onto a group of oil barrels, killing her and cutting half my party's HP down.

I won the battle without anyone dying, but that move shocked me.

They all seem to be more nuts now, which kind of makes it easier, I've noticed, since enemies won't really take advantage of choke points or lure you into areas the way ToEE always did.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailer
5. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailer Sep 13, 2017, 12:15 Icewind

MindStalker3 wrote on Sep 13, 2017, 12:08:
Does anyone know if this will be on XBox One for Split Screen on-couch co-op anytime soon.

Should be, since both the PS4 and XB1 got the previous game in the series.

Though the PC version has full controller support and a very nice GUI that is built around controller play.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends
4. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends Aug 20, 2017, 12:46 Icewind

NewMaxx wrote on Aug 20, 2017, 12:09:
We hope to see you again in the Mass Effect universe.

Hmm, yes, maybe try hiring people based on merit rather than their SJW credentials next time.

(I realize this may "trigger" some people; let me just say I pre-ordered the game and enjoyed it but not without much lamentation)

As someone who interviews and hires people for my company, I can tell you that these millennials work very cheaply.

I'm betting that revolving door of cheap, wide-eyed, day-dreaming millennial fresh meat is too tantalizing for BioWare to abandon.

The culture there is dead anyway, since the people who were around during the days when "CRPG" meant something are long gone.

News Comments > Prey Trial Version Released
28. Re: Prey Trial Version Released Aug 17, 2017, 04:24 Icewind

Been waiting for a sale, but this will help me determine if it's worth it before the price cut.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 9, 2017, 02:24 Icewind

loomy wrote on Aug 8, 2017, 19:13:
neonazi wannabes are just emboldened by the traitor president. normal people don't care to be around crazies who spend their free time thinking about harassing and oppressing other people. the psychos need to go back to hiding their antisocial beliefs if they want to keep their jobs. news at 11

Icewind wrote on Aug 8, 2017, 12:13:
Not so much an anti-diversity letter as it is an examination and rejection of far-left politics and a wish to reclaim liberalism by making it about reason and logic, not guilt-driven compassion.

hate to break it to you but the letter you're talking about is ALL about the author's demented emotions. he uses no reason or logic, just rationalization of the torment of his childhood. he's as irrational and out of control as the most PMSing woman I've ever seen. it would be funny if he wasn't such a disgusting excuse for a man

The very first sentence you typed, where you just label everyone who doesn't agree with you and accept the new brand of liberalism and progressive politics as a Nazi is proof of how little you'll bring to this discussion.

Read the same exact points the google developer wrote about in this article, which received no backlash and was written by a woman:

[url=]http://www.pbs.org/newshour/making-sense/truth-women-stem-careers/[/url]

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 8, 2017, 12:13 Icewind

Not so much an anti-diversity letter as it is an examination and rejection of far-left politics and a wish to reclaim liberalism by making it about reason and logic, not guilt-driven compassion. The author is a liberal himself, and like many of his kind, he's grown tired of the faux compassion that the far-left has shown "PoCs" by coddling them, even when it sabotages a workplace and lowers the collective talent level by passing up skilled candidates in favor of quota-filling "PoCs"

But people will read into it what they want, and the world will keep on going. Just another man fighting the brick wall that is upper middle class liberal guilt.

News Comments > Grimoire - Heralds of the Winged Exemplar Takes Flight
3. Re: Grimoire - Heralds of the Winged Exemplar Takes Flight Aug 5, 2017, 12:17 Icewind

I'm actually into EoB-esque step movement dungeon crawlers and this looks decent, but that price is a huge turn-off. I could afford it, sure, but $40 for a dos-era Wizardry clone - regardless of depth or length - seems a bit severe. Legend of Grimrock was 19.99 when it came out, and while it was only a 15 hour game, it was a highly produced and polished 15 hour game.

Give it time to patch up and get put on a 50% steam sale, and I'll buy it.

News Comments > Blizzard Dropping XP and Vista Support
13. Re: Blizzard Dropping XP and Vista Support Jul 20, 2017, 16:15 Icewind

Up until two months ago my only PC was a desktop I built in 2008 Which was running Vista 64. I had upgraded the GPU (From an ati 4870 to a 6950) in 2011, but never got around to getting Windows 7, since for some reason, Vista ran very well for me. Bought a laptop recently that has win10 on it and I have since switched to that, and thank goodness I did, or else I'd be SOL when it comes to Blizzard games.  

News Comments > Might & Magic SHOWDOWN Shutdown
8. Re: Might & Magic SHOWDOWN Shutdown Jul 18, 2017, 01:10 Icewind

I didn't even know this existed.  

1608 Comments. 81 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo