Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Anon Anon

Real Name Anon Anon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Icewind
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 21, 2002, 18:44
Total Comments 1600 (Pro)
User ID 13929

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Nears 500K Sold
16. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Nears 500K Sold Sep 19, 2017, 05:36 Icewind

OpticNerve wrote on Sep 19, 2017, 03:26:
These guys deserve the best. You can tell from their Kickstarter Update videos that Swen (and the team) have a lot of enthusiasm for the RPG genre and are trying to put out the best RPG possible. Who knew that an isometric, turn-based RPG would get so much praise and fan-fare?

Larian is basically the CDProjekt of Isometric RPGs. Lately the Europeans have been kicking the shit out of the US when it comes to quality and memorable RPGs.

Who knew? I did. I've been clamoring for turn-based CRPGs - a revival of them - since 2006 when I used to post youtube videos of the goldbox games and people thought my idea of bringing that into the modern age was an old man's cranky wish and nothing more. Most of the Codex was wishing for it too.

As for Europeans suddenly kicking the shit out of the US...they've been doing it since Gothic 1.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Nears 500K Sold
4. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Nears 500K Sold Sep 18, 2017, 22:06 Icewind

Cram wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 20:08:
Grats all around. Now, can you please....please finish the 'Divine' Divinity storyline.

This.

I would love to see the dragon knight (which the character plays) from Ego Draconis team up with the player hero for a final drawn-out, and suitably epic battle with Damian and his forces.

The ending to Divinity 2, at least the expansion ending where you freed Lucian, was amazing...and I feel let down that after 3 more games, we still don't know what happens next.

News Comments > Dishonored: Death of the Outsider Released
5. Re: Dishonored: Death of the Outsider Released Sep 15, 2017, 12:03 Icewind

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 10:54:
Easy fix: Postpone Divinity OS 2. It will get the inevitable Enhanced Edition and it will only get (even) better with each patch. Focus on XCOM and this critter here.

Even easier fix: Turn off the computer and get laid more. Fuck the fall release mania and relax. All of these games ain't goin' nowhere.

But the computer and the games I have on it are how I *escape* from the wife. You mean I should shut it off and spend time with her?

**** that.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Released
10. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Released Sep 15, 2017, 04:06 Icewind

Osc8r wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 02:31:
Awesome sh*t. Just hope the AI offers some challenge all the way through this time round.

I just hit level 5 and escaped the prison side of the island, and to me, the AI feels more suicidal. Not smarter, just more uncaring.

I was in a fight with two boss characters with heavy armor, and while plugging away at one of them after backing her into a corner, she threw a firestorm grenade onto a group of oil barrels, killing her and cutting half my party's HP down.

I won the battle without anyone dying, but that move shocked me.

They all seem to be more nuts now, which kind of makes it easier, I've noticed, since enemies won't really take advantage of choke points or lure you into areas the way ToEE always did.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailer
5. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailer Sep 13, 2017, 12:15 Icewind

MindStalker3 wrote on Sep 13, 2017, 12:08:
Does anyone know if this will be on XBox One for Split Screen on-couch co-op anytime soon.

Should be, since both the PS4 and XB1 got the previous game in the series.

Though the PC version has full controller support and a very nice GUI that is built around controller play.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends
4. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends Aug 20, 2017, 12:46 Icewind

NewMaxx wrote on Aug 20, 2017, 12:09:
We hope to see you again in the Mass Effect universe.

Hmm, yes, maybe try hiring people based on merit rather than their SJW credentials next time.

(I realize this may "trigger" some people; let me just say I pre-ordered the game and enjoyed it but not without much lamentation)

As someone who interviews and hires people for my company, I can tell you that these millennials work very cheaply.

I'm betting that revolving door of cheap, wide-eyed, day-dreaming millennial fresh meat is too tantalizing for BioWare to abandon.

The culture there is dead anyway, since the people who were around during the days when "CRPG" meant something are long gone.

News Comments > Prey Trial Version Released
28. Re: Prey Trial Version Released Aug 17, 2017, 04:24 Icewind

Been waiting for a sale, but this will help me determine if it's worth it before the price cut.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 9, 2017, 02:24 Icewind

loomy wrote on Aug 8, 2017, 19:13:
neonazi wannabes are just emboldened by the traitor president. normal people don't care to be around crazies who spend their free time thinking about harassing and oppressing other people. the psychos need to go back to hiding their antisocial beliefs if they want to keep their jobs. news at 11

Icewind wrote on Aug 8, 2017, 12:13:
Not so much an anti-diversity letter as it is an examination and rejection of far-left politics and a wish to reclaim liberalism by making it about reason and logic, not guilt-driven compassion.

hate to break it to you but the letter you're talking about is ALL about the author's demented emotions. he uses no reason or logic, just rationalization of the torment of his childhood. he's as irrational and out of control as the most PMSing woman I've ever seen. it would be funny if he wasn't such a disgusting excuse for a man

The very first sentence you typed, where you just label everyone who doesn't agree with you and accept the new brand of liberalism and progressive politics as a Nazi is proof of how little you'll bring to this discussion.

Read the same exact points the google developer wrote about in this article, which received no backlash and was written by a woman:

[url=]http://www.pbs.org/newshour/making-sense/truth-women-stem-careers/[/url]

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 8, 2017, 12:13 Icewind

Not so much an anti-diversity letter as it is an examination and rejection of far-left politics and a wish to reclaim liberalism by making it about reason and logic, not guilt-driven compassion. The author is a liberal himself, and like many of his kind, he's grown tired of the faux compassion that the far-left has shown "PoCs" by coddling them, even when it sabotages a workplace and lowers the collective talent level by passing up skilled candidates in favor of quota-filling "PoCs"

But people will read into it what they want, and the world will keep on going. Just another man fighting the brick wall that is upper middle class liberal guilt.

News Comments > Grimoire - Heralds of the Winged Exemplar Takes Flight
3. Re: Grimoire - Heralds of the Winged Exemplar Takes Flight Aug 5, 2017, 12:17 Icewind

I'm actually into EoB-esque step movement dungeon crawlers and this looks decent, but that price is a huge turn-off. I could afford it, sure, but $40 for a dos-era Wizardry clone - regardless of depth or length - seems a bit severe. Legend of Grimrock was 19.99 when it came out, and while it was only a 15 hour game, it was a highly produced and polished 15 hour game.

Give it time to patch up and get put on a 50% steam sale, and I'll buy it.

News Comments > Blizzard Dropping XP and Vista Support
13. Re: Blizzard Dropping XP and Vista Support Jul 20, 2017, 16:15 Icewind

Up until two months ago my only PC was a desktop I built in 2008 Which was running Vista 64. I had upgraded the GPU (From an ati 4870 to a 6950) in 2011, but never got around to getting Windows 7, since for some reason, Vista ran very well for me. Bought a laptop recently that has win10 on it and I have since switched to that, and thank goodness I did, or else I'd be SOL when it comes to Blizzard games.  

News Comments > Might & Magic SHOWDOWN Shutdown
8. Re: Might & Magic SHOWDOWN Shutdown Jul 18, 2017, 01:10 Icewind

I didn't even know this existed.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2017, 23:49 Icewind

A female Dr. Who isn't retconning, since the Master - his arch nemesis - regenerated as a female too. However, I do think that the timing of this smacks of capitulation, "let's get more females into the fandom" manipulation, and a passionate attempt to appeal to the "diversity or death" crowd.

I stopped watching a few episodes into Capaldi's Who though, since he was by far the least exciting Dr Who since the series' revival began.

I'll tune in for a few eps and see if Whittaker is any good, but the whole situation seems like an attention grab to me. Especially after the ratings during Capaldi's reign went down.

News Comments > Ni no Kuni II: REVENANT KINGDOM Delay
2. Re: Ni no Kuni II: REVENANT KINGDOM Delay Jul 14, 2017, 02:39 Icewind

I consider this a good thing, since between Stormblood, Elex, Zodiac Age, and possibly Battle Chasers, my time is already being eaten up by gaming.

Push it back even further. I might not finish this backlog until the summer of '18

News Comments > Diablo III Season 11 This Month
9. Re: Diablo III Season 11 This Month Jul 6, 2017, 21:41 Icewind

D_K_night wrote on Jul 6, 2017, 15:06:
WaltC wrote on Jul 6, 2017, 11:39:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 6, 2017, 10:13:
Yeah, Spectral -- it gets a lot more hate than it deserves. Even though I'm not happy with the on-line requirement, I've gotten over it over time...

I didn't buy it--don't want it--when developers start designing the DRM into the structure of their games, I'm out--just not interested. Still actually enjoying Diablo II & expansion, although I discovered that the last so-called patch for the game that Blizzard released--1.14, believe--actually renders my copies unplayable--and it adds nothing of interest to me, but 1.12/13 work fine, however. Under Win10x64 build 16232, RX 480 8G. D3 and the last SimCity both thought that they'd be cute by building DRM into the structure of the game--making the online component a requirement and ruining or else cutting out the single-player aspect completely--no thanks. Don't miss them at all. I buy all of my games--if developers want to punish me for doing so, fine--but I will not buy the games that do so.

Sure then you can stay with your cartridge and disc games, meanwhile the rest of us are gaming in pleasure.

Online DRM has long ceased to matter, especially in multiplayer titles like D3. Fine fine fine Simcity shouldn't have it, other strictly single player content shouldn't have it, but sorry to say - your complaint there feels like something that's 10 years old.

DRM has long ceased to matter? It's that thinking that causes people to dismiss things like Denuvo as being benign.

As for being in "Gaming Pleasure", we non-DRM folks are too. Missing a few triple-A titles that come from the same cookie cutter formulas aren't going to be missed.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 29, 2017, 01:18 Icewind

He's partially right though. At least in some places, Amazon doesn't have to apply sales tax to purchases. That's starting to change though. I know a while back they finally started charging sales tax on amazon purchases in my state, which resulted in me just saying the hell with it and getting Prime.

Edit:

Actually it looks like all states forced them to comply, so Trump needs to hit the google before talking

proof

News Comments > Destiny 2 Weapon Recoil Follow-up
7. Re: Destiny 2 Weapon Recoil Follow-up Jun 24, 2017, 00:13 Icewind

OldDirtyEwok wrote on Jun 23, 2017, 22:13:
Creston wrote on Jun 23, 2017, 22:01:
I still don't know why people still call them ports, current consoles are PCs, only the controls differ.

When the lead version is a small form factor PC with hardware from 4 years ago, most don't feel comfortable calling them anything other than ports. Sloppy ones at that.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Launches
18. Re: Steam Summer Sale Launches Jun 22, 2017, 15:43 Icewind

FloorPie wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 15:36:
Icewind wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 15:33:
Acleacius wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 15:00:
Well, Search is dead for the moment, not the error report either. Only took 59 minutes to kill Steam.

Yeah, i'm trying to bring up a list of FPS and RPGs on sale but it's not even loading. I get the store front and my wishlist, but even on the web I can't access it.

Want to see if they've put Doom 4 on sale yet.

For games I own but want dlc etc, I've been pulling them up via community hub then clicking store page there.

Doom is $14.99.

Thanks, because everytime I try to search it or get past the age gate it locks up. I'll buy it whenever it lets me.

Dishonored for 2.49 is a must grab too.

News Comments > No Recoil for Destiny 2 Guns on PC?
23. Re: No Recoil for Destiny 2 Guns on PC? Jun 22, 2017, 15:38 Icewind

They make force feedback mice?  

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Launches
15. Re: Steam Summer Sale Launches Jun 22, 2017, 15:33 Icewind

Acleacius wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 15:00:
Well, Search is dead for the moment, not the error report either. Only took 59 minutes to kill Steam.

Yeah, i'm trying to bring up a list of FPS and RPGs on sale but it's not even loading. I get the store front and my wishlist, but even on the web I can't access it.

Want to see if they've put Doom 4 on sale yet.

1600 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo