Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Anon Anon

Real Name Anon Anon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Icewind
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On August 21, 2002
Supporter -
Total Comments 1700 (Pro)
User ID 13929

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.

2. Re: etc. Mar 23, 2020, 12:58 Icewind

Of course Gamestop is closing *now*....they already sold DOOM and Animal Crossing, so now they can close and count that money they made by endangering people with those long lines and crowded stores. Good show, Gamestop. You got the best of both worlds...stay open during a quarantine, and yet pretend you're the good guy by announcing you're shutting down AFTER you made your money.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue

31. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2020, 03:23 Icewind

I'm a janitor at a large hospital here in the northeast, and when I was in there Friday (weekend off) we had run out of beds that night. The good thing is, we haven't had any positive cases of COVID yet. We've all been pulling overtime shifts and covering for single people who have to stay home with their kids now that the schools are closed.

What's crazy is that we've run out of hand sanitizer and it was told to us friday that the hospital knows how to - and - is going to start mixing its own and sending it to us to use in the dispensers next week. The N95 masks are on lockdown too.

Also, a doctor got in trouble for stealing a case of toilet paper out of one of our supply closets.

Good times.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

14. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 4, 2020, 15:29 Icewind

Beamer wrote on Mar 4, 2020, 13:56:
Icewind wrote on Mar 4, 2020, 13:48:
Isn't Coronavirus less lethal than the flu? 2.5% death rate? This is being blown out of proportion just in time for the election. I'm not worried. This same thing happened with SARS.

>>SARS had a fatality rate of 9.6% compared to coronavirus fatality rate of 2.1%

Yeah, I'm not too concerned.

No, the flu is a 0.1% fatality rate.

Yes, SARS is much higher. But the fatality rate of being struck by a meteor is far higher than the fatality rate of driving without a seatbelt or driving while extremely drunk. Does that mean you shouldn't bother buckling your seatbelt or stopping yourself from driving drunk?

No, because far more people get into accidents in the latter situations, so while more people survive those situations, you're much more likely to be in one.

Same with this. Given what we know from other countries, you're significantly more likely to get coronavirus than you were to get SARS. So while it's less fatal, it infects far more.

And this isn't about you. Do you have friends or family with young children? With old parents? The fatality rate jumps to 15% for those.

Precautions by our government cost us very little. If they save some lives, why are people so angry about them and politicizing them?

But even when infected, unless you're immunocompromised, very old, or very young, you aren't going to experience anything more than a simple cold.

I have zero problems with the government coming in and taking precautions, never said anything to the contrary. My problem are all these doomsayers on social media, forums like this one, and on television. I've grown tired of hearing about the new "scary big thing" to piss and moan about every year that turns out to be a big "nothing burger", as a man once put it.

I stopped watching the news to get away from "Trump 24/7" and started watching ESPN and MLB Network....then I had to go back to regular news because all the sports anchors yapped about every day was Kobe and the Astros scandal....now here I am following the news and seeing people froth at the mouth over a 2.1 mortality rate head cold.

I'd rather the news explain why most of February was a warm 70 degrees.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

9. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 4, 2020, 13:48 Icewind

Isn't Coronavirus less lethal than the flu? 2.5% death rate? This is being blown out of proportion just in time for the election. I'm not worried. This same thing happened with SARS.

>>SARS had a fatality rate of 9.6% compared to coronavirus fatality rate of 2.1%

Yeah, I'm not too concerned.

News Comments > Op Ed

16. Re: Op Ed Feb 22, 2020, 23:15 Icewind

I bought Borderlands 3 on it because I didn't feel like waiting for it as I did for Metro Exodus. I used it as a test to see how I'd like it.

I don't.

I'll be sticking with Steam from now on. Once Borderlands 3's last bit of DLC is released and I finish it, I'll never boot Epic Store up again. Just my 2 cents.

News Comments > Steam Top 10

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 17, 2020, 00:51 Icewind

I had Wolcen on my wishlist for a couple years. With it going out of Early Access I was going to buy it but I'm hearing from most of my friends list that its very incomplete, so I'm taking their advice and waiting for the inevitable Steam Xmas sale.  

News Comments > Metro Exodus on Steam

22. Re: Metro Exodus on Steam Feb 16, 2020, 03:58 Icewind

Bought the gold edition today and played it for a few hours until I got to the open part after the train. Not too bad. Feels and moves just like the first two. Story seems a bit far fetched, but whatever. Could be enjoyable. Glad I waited, tbh.

I bought Borderlands 3 on Epic and regretted it. Been having numerous problems with the Epic launcher, including insane load times even after several re-installs. No such problem with Steam, ever.

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski Says LawBreakers Too "Woke"

39. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Says LawBreakers Too Feb 6, 2020, 01:28 Icewind

Only reason I didn't buy it was that it had no single player campaign.  

News Comments > Phantasy Star Online 2 Coming to Steam

1. Re: Phantasy Star Online 2 Coming to Steam Feb 4, 2020, 12:53 Icewind

I hope they support this in the US better than they did Phantasy Star Universe and the original PSO. The vast majority of the content for PSU was Japanese-only, and the excuse they gave as they slowly metered out the levels, weapons, and spells were that they were afraid hardcore US players would burn through the new content too fast and leave. Well, when the servers dried up 2 months after launch, I guess they left anyway, since people got tired of running the same 3 dungeons and using the same 3 weapons.

Don't even get me started about all the holiday quests Japan got for PSO but American fans had to *hack* into the game with gameshark codes.

But hey, it's F2P, so nothing lost if they do abandon it.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2020, 13:21 Icewind

I made the mistake of watching Shannon and Skip on the Super Bowl pre-game special today. Skip Bayless has left me dumbfounded by making the argument that Dak Prescott is a better QB than Patrick Mahomes. He argued this for a good 15 minutes.

I need an aspirin.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2020, 15:43 Icewind

People will flame me for this, but it's because they don't like "little guys" like you, Blue, getting too much power. They probably saw the site as a threat to their corporate buddies. I say this because I used to work for a very large site that got big very quickly in the first half of the previous decade, and when we started ranking high in alexa, Google did the same exact thing to us. Exact.Same.Wording. They never reinstated our account again, even after we *hired* an ex-google employee who knew the people in the ad department. It eventually stunted the site and caused everyone to give up on it and another group took it over. God knows how many times they've done that before.  

News Comments > Knights of the Old Republic Remake/Sequel Rumor

9. Re: Knights of the Old Republic Remake/Sequel Rumor Jan 24, 2020, 12:53 Icewind

This must be why they threatened the guy doing the UE4-based remake of KOTOR, Apeiron.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance

2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 23, 2020, 11:56 Icewind

Maybe someone should've told Verizon there is already a long-running and very popular privacy focused search engine which has been in existence for years: Duck Duck Go.  

News Comments > Google Stadia Exclusive Game Plans

1. Re: Google Stadia Exclusive Game Plans Jan 22, 2020, 10:57 Icewind

Exclusive to Stadia? I'm sure that'll go over well.  

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed

8. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed Jan 16, 2020, 21:38 Icewind

I thought April seemed a bit "soon". Might as well do the extra work and release it closer to the holidays. Makes sense from a business perspective as well as a customer service one.  

News Comments > Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls Found

9. Re: Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls Found Jan 16, 2020, 14:39 Icewind

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 16, 2020, 07:06:
Icewind wrote on Jan 16, 2020, 02:15:
...even if you guys are turned off by the art style...

I'm not turned off on it...it's objectively bad and a blatant pandering to a specific market of fucking incel weebs.

I'm sure D.W. Bradley doesn't give a shit because he got his money out of it but I agree, how the mighty have fallen. It's like if Dungeon Master or Bard's Tale suddenly were released with chibi shit and every character says "uWu" every other sentence.

Funny you should say that since there was a console exclusive Dungeon Master spin-off for the Turbografx-16 that had anime cutscenes. I bought that back in the day and it's actually quite good.

I think it was Class of Heroes, or maybe Sword City, that allowed you to switch the portraits in the game from anime to "standard PC style". To be honest, Wizardry should have done it here as well.

News Comments > Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls Found

3. Re: Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls Found Jan 16, 2020, 02:15 Icewind

Not a new game. Came out on PS3's digital store (digital only title) back in...2011 or so. I beat it back then. Was fairly good, even if you guys are turned off by the art style. I grinded for the Muramasa ninja blade right before the last boss too. DLC was horrible though, nothing but anti-magic rooms and invisible teleporters.

Edit: A better trailer was the one from 2011:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxOD6kk-Ksc

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions

1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 10, 2020, 11:26 Icewind

As a lifelong Eagles fan, I knew Ajayi would blow it. When I heard the news about this on the local station a week ago I laughed and told my friend "Watch him get injured in that too" and well, just look.

He was a fragile primadonna, and while gifted, had zero work ethic and a bad attitude. I didn't like when the Eagles picked him up and paid him this season to sit on the bench for the last 4 games, especially when Boston Scott and Miles Sanders were already tearing things up and didn't need the help. Waste of money.

News Comments > Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls for Windows this Month

9. Re: Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls for Windows this Month Jan 4, 2020, 11:14 Icewind

I beat this one on PS3 back in 2012. Nice game, regardless of how this trailer makes it look. As a hardcore, longtime Wizardry fan who grew up with the series, I can tell you that it's quite good. Same quirks too, like the 1 in 65,535 chance to drop Murasama sword at the bottom level, the OHKO enemies, the blind teleports, etc. Very fun game.

News Comments > Final Fantasy VII Remake PC Clues?

6. Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake PC Clues? Jan 3, 2020, 16:56 Icewind

Not shocking. Most devs use the consoles and the money they get from timed exclusives on the console, to work on a PC version. Especially Square. Square has done this with nearly everything now. Developers love double-dipping, and it would shock me more if we DIDN'T get the remake by next year, tbh.  

1700 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >