Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Roceh

Real Name Roceh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Roc
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 21, 2002, 06:29
Total Comments 5 (Suspect)
User ID 13907

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Uru: Ages Beyond Myst Gold
3. Re: Across the country Oct 15, 2003, 13:18 Roc

Using a 3D Engine instead of video this time i see, looks nice. Notice there using Havoc physics engine as well, might be the first fun myst game =P

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Red Orchestra UT2003
2. No subject Oct 10, 2003, 17:41 Roc

Wow! Mighty impressive for a first beta. Although i can see the realism stuff scaring some people off, i found it fun. Sort of the Americas Army of WW2 FPS's.

News Comments > Call of Duty Demo Today - No Exclusive
98. Demos will become Betas Aug 29, 2003, 08:12 Roc

This won't stop Fileplanet exclusives, they'll just call the demos Exclusive Betas in the future.

News Comments > Battlefield 1942 Gold (Really!) & Ship Date
13. No subject Aug 27, 2002, 16:19 Roc

This worldwide release date or just US?

News Comments > Battlefield 1942 MP Demo
190. No subject Aug 21, 2002, 02:33 Roc

Theres two things that worry me about bf1942, the dedicated server and lock in to gamespy arcade. The dedicated server currently is a bit of a CPU hog, it pretty much takes a whole top spec PC to run it decently. If you look at most of the people who host game servers out there they tend to have 4 or 5 game servers on 1 pc. I think we will see a distinct lack of servers out there on release compared to other FPS's. Also the lack of any linux server reduce's the number further. Most of the complaints about netcode have probably because the bf1942 server is running on a pc that cant handle it, regardless of net connection it is running on. When you do get a good server hitscan weapons feel a lot better. Combine all this with EAs determination to lock us in with Gamespy Arcade, which i find to be probably the worst server browser on the market and you've got a lot of frustrated gamers. Theres been quite a large thread on EAs board about ASE(All Seeing Eye Browser),

http://boards.ea.com/messages?14@@.ef78649!ticket=107ba6e61fc3a8296&decode=602

Many people have also emailed them with little response, I hope EA come out and confirm that ASE will never be supported, silence just hurts them more.

5 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo