Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KS

Real Name KS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KS
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 16, 2002, 21:20
Total Comments 546 (Apprentice)
User ID 13644

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M?
40. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M? Jan 4, 2016, 16:45 KS

Did anyone see Battlefront's new advertising?

"29 years before The Force Awakens, you can run around magnitudes more dominant than Rey over Stormtroopers!"

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Conan Game Planned
24. Re: New Conan Game Planned Dec 18, 2015, 16:08 KS

This was the first SJW-approved game because women weren't second class citizens, forbidden by men from taking off their tops, too.

I hope social justice doesn't go in reverse.

News Comments > Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets
30. Re: Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets Dec 17, 2015, 13:34 KS

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 17, 2015, 10:47:
DS admitting he is wrong? Please, you want some elves for that fanciful fantasy?

That's pretty damn impressive, but personally I don't care about planets with nothing interesting on them (See Elite Horizons or even KSP) to me that is super lazy game development. Procedural content is not real content, its just fluff that hides that there is nothing underneath the surface of a game in terms of content. But then some people love that in elite.. just hope SC is not going that route. And hey, as KSP shows us, handcrafted height-map based planets (so no caves or arching rock formations) with zero detail ain't better either...

Procedural planets are just the start. Go read Reamde from Neal Stephenson. In there, they have a massive virtual world where planets are not just procedural in a fractal sort of way, but generated from real-world physics, lava and volcanism and plate techtonics, with real, natural depositon of resource veins, and populated by real functioning ecosystems and evolution.

Imagine a still better world where there is a nation of a hundred million orcs, and they are resource hungry and nasty and spreading. No "spawn points", real virtual organisms breeding and spreading and harvesting and building and...harvesting you because you are in the way.

Where is that freaking game? Screw spawn points and theme parks and tank/heal/dps and magically reapearing resource nodes and inability to climb anything.

News Comments > WoW Banhammer
2. Re: WoW Banhammer Dec 17, 2015, 12:58 KS

Gameplay has not evolved from the tank model in well over 20 years. Which would matter if games weren's solo oriented, making bots even easier.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 16, 2015, 13:16 KS

Pigeon wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 09:43:
nin wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 09:30:
I get to do something cool later today, though mentioning it in advance is not really playing it cool.

STAR WARS??!?

but I'll fill you in tomorrow, at which point it will probably be a "so what?"

Ok, maybe not!

So I'm just setting myself up here. That's me... living on the edge.

You and Aerosmith are going to go see Star Wars together?!

Steven Tyler could go dressed as a hippie Admiral Ackbar. He wouldn't even need makeup to give him a big fish mouth.

Plus he is well-acquainted with traps!

This comment was edited on Dec 16, 2015, 13:22.

News Comments > Modded Star Wars Battlefront 4K Footage
47. Re: Modded Star Wars Battlefront 4K Footage Dec 11, 2015, 17:14 KS

Wouldn't you need a 4k monitor to really see a difference? Otherwise you're just taking the 4k output and downsampling one way or the other to your own monitor.  

News Comments > Oriental Empires Announced
10. Re: Oriental Empires Announced Dec 7, 2015, 14:38 KS

Oriental food is usually found in the ethnic foods aisle.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2015, 12:09 KS

"...and tell them how to bring those sons of bitches down!"  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2015, 16:19 KS

Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 11:09:
Last time I was in the hospital and they needed to get blood, the nurse walked up with THIRTEEN freaking vials. I asked her if she was going to sell them on the black market or something.

Good god, that beats my 8 vial story.

News Comments > Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo
27. Re: Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo Dec 4, 2015, 16:15 KS

I don't view that as downsides. If they make the world right, you will have a couple of minutes of warning incoming.

If people can just appear, then the world is not built right, and it becomes like every other game out there.

Imagine being an RAF pilot during WWII -- and you get that warning. Now how stupid would such a world game be if Nazis were just miraculously there over the airfield?

In lieu of knowing how twitchey gameplay will be ("Hit him with your 2s hold!!!") this is the only thing keeping my interest open.

News Comments > Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo
21. Re: Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo Dec 4, 2015, 13:36 KS

The video has nothing about gameplay. Is it twitchy stuff? Do you get a 2 second microhold on your opponent, and other modern twitchy combat BS?

Or do you just fly around guns blazing?

24. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2015, 18:51 KS

Jamil20 wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 10:54:
A doctor's time is apparently more important than yours. They overload their schedules, so you end up waiting 30 minutes in the big waiting room, then another 30 minutes in the small waiting room. They keep all the waiting rooms stacked, so they can see as many patients in an hour to make that fat dough.

God forbid you're late to an appointment though, they'll charge you for wasting the doctor's time.

Well, with very few exceptions, a doctor's time is more important than yours.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 2, 2015, 13:34 KS

Quake III Arena started the downfall of PvP-only releases of big games  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 2, 2015, 13:18 KS

"Hackers hit Greek banks"

Masked gunman steps up to the teller. "Give me all of Germany's money!"

Oops, sorry, thought this was slashdot.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2015, 18:52 KS

Flatline wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 14:45:
KS wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 14:36:
The mistake was turning Khan from a charismatic leader to an autistic serial killer assassin.

Well, after the much bigger mistake of using him at all. Lens flares and shiny flashey things for the younger generation, and nostalgia romps for aging Trek fans in their prime earning years.

Yeah the problem was "going there" to begin with. It basically reads like bad fanfic, and ignores that at this point in time it's Space Seed that you should be paying homage to, not 20-years-later Wrath of Khan.

Then the writer of the script basically totally lost what TWOK was about, then decided to basically break the 4th wall by building up Khan's big "reveal", which obviously means nothing to Kirk because they haven't met yet.

Also, the idea that Khan's blood is somehow a super cure-all that even basically cures death sort of changes the entire Star Trek universe right? I mean, a scalpel to damage his spinal column and then you hook him onto life support and drain that motherf*cker and use his blood to cure billions. Even the vulcans would be all "the needs of the many etc..."

It was just... a painful movie all over.

Well, that I cannot remember that ending I guess says a lot as to the quality of moviemaking. Meanwhile I know Guardians of the Galaxy by heart because I saw it 6 times.

All I remember of Trek II was Hannibal Lecter behind his glass prison, and the unfettered, unbridled stupidity of "We made a evil Enterprise two times as big, wif batman armor, we did!!!1!111".

To some writer's credit, Kirk did make a joke about feeling duped by Khan as they ran with him somewhere. At least someone realized the personality change.

This comment was edited on Dec 1, 2015, 19:05.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2015, 14:36 KS

The mistake was turning Khan from a charismatic leader to an autistic serial killer assassin.

Well, after the much bigger mistake of using him at all. Lens flares and shiny flashey things for the younger generation, and nostalgia romps for aging Trek fans in their prime earning years.

Awww, maaaannnnnn. V-ger's still on the way, and the whales. Spock should go back in time and get lots of whales to deal with the latter. Better yet, don't be afraid to screw with the timeline as clearly one where Vulcan is destroyed is one of the nightmare wrong ones that must be reversed.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront 40-Player Battle Shown
30. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 40 Player Battle Shown Dec 1, 2015, 08:51 KS

"Wait! Stop! Stop!"

"What?"

"Why are we fighting when we could be using robots? And our armor is so terrible it just takes 2 shots whizzing by us four feet away to kill us!"

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2015, 15:58 KS

Waching Luke hold his own, for a while anyway, in Empire was awesome. Watching him upset, in the literal definition, Vader in Return, such that he falls on his can down the steps, was beyond awesome.

The power of the fight comes from their near godlike warrior status, where the blade cuts anything and no bullet can touch them, and not wire fu and windmilling fury.

Understated action, go for it

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 2015, 16:10.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 30, 2015, 15:07 KS

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 2015, 15:45.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
6. Re: Saturday Previews Nov 28, 2015, 18:03 KS

"Then a pirate ship appears and blows the rescue ship away!"

That's not really what pirates do. That's what griefers, and 40 year old AI do.

546 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo