Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KS

Real Name KS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KS
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 16, 2002, 21:20
Total Comments 562 (Apprentice)
User ID 13644

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
14. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 1, 2016, 10:11 KS

Apparently it was an official decision, and therefore a government action. I'd love to see a discrimination lawsuit because only males were present -- none had a vagina, after the government checked.

That it was canceled after the lone female dropped out because the remainders were male should make it a slam dunk.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battleborn Launch Trailer
11. Re: Battleborn Launch Trailer Apr 29, 2016, 13:38 KS

> WHOLE STARS (and only 1 left!)

Sorry, any organization so powerful they can take, and put to use one star, much less 40,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars, isn't something a few planet-bound people with guns can handle.

For that matter, if there was even the remotest chance of loss, just let the universe keep its one star. The rounding error in success doesn't even show up.

I just wanna know if it is a good game. Lately these seem to be MOBA grandchildren, FPS with classes which have clawed back around to old Team Fortress, but the classes are a unique hero name to let u no ur spechul.

This comment was edited on Apr 29, 2016, 13:48.

News Comments > Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Paused
20. Re: Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Paused Apr 29, 2016, 12:53 KS

John Romero: "Turns out our demo, where you run around shooting frogs, sucked to the test players. I wish I had known this six months ago!"

That's a little secret for the older readers.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 28, 2016, 14:06 KS

I'd still like to see a Supreme Court ruling that "cloud" and other online storage has 4th Amendment protections as your "papers", where people have an expectation of privacy. This already applies to your phone.

That some 3rd party holds your info, and therefore "you have no (4th Amendment) expectation of privacy" has always been a bit of government sophistry.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 27, 2016, 19:41 KS

I thought the Supreme Court ruled you couldn't be forced to reveal your password, but apparently that was a physical combination lock.

As for the other two issues, the powerful are clamping down harder and harder.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2016, 12:40 KS

Story: Reebok's "Alien" Shoes Won't Fit Women.

And the low rider panties and belly wifebeater are only available in men's 3x, 4x, and 5x sizes, too.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2016, 16:26 KS

It is heavy industry that lets us look out on the Earth from our air conditioned homes and cars and think it cute and quaint, rather than the festering, infection-laden, dirt-floored, disease-overrun, death-from-mosquito-bite-infection, 5'1" adult male, hunter-gatherer, starvation-wracked, starvation month cycled, s***hole wolf or lion or tiger bite you of an existence masked by the window pane holding the cold air in and horse pile-picnicking gnats out.

This comment was edited on Apr 22, 2016, 16:33.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2016, 13:22 KS

Jamil20 wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 10:06:
If you put it up to a vote, it would be Boaty McBoatface on the bill.

Hehe pretty much.

I have no problems with an abolitionist being so honored. I would also like to see some scientists so honored in the future, too.

Aaron Burr, not so much.

News Comments > Ubisoft to Punish The Division Exploiters
6. Re: Ubisoft to Punish The Division Exploiters Apr 18, 2016, 14:38 KS

Kxmode wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 11:36:
The game came out over a month ago. Why are they just now getting around to doing this?

And was it obviously an exploit?

I remember EverQuest having a dungeon with a bridge in it, and running over the bridge then jumping down (and the monster wpuld run back off the bridge and around and down rather than jumping) was an "exploit."

Meanwhile in most games, that is strategy. Of course, "zoning" to flee a fight you were losing was considered an exploit at first, too.

News Comments > Beamdog on Siege of Dragonspear Complaints
40. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 7, 2016, 17:26 KS

Primalchrome wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 16:55:
Devinoch wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 16:13:
"Extremist." God knows when people having equal rights became extremist.
Kind of like how people label sexual practices as political. Or even better...as a choice. I've often wondered how much homosexual sex these nutbag fundamentalists have to engage in before they *chose* women instead. Never had one admit that he consciously chose women over the sweet taste of a man... >shrug< Then again, I live in a state where oral sex between a man and a woman is actually illegal. ROFL. Backwards rednecks.

Properly speaking, when creating a government and granting it a limited list of powers, who grants it the power to regulate adult sexuality to begin with?

People shouldn't even have to rely on "born that way" just to be free.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 5, 2016, 14:53 KS

I disagree about Internet -- it's a proper noun name of a definite thing. Shall we not capitalize White House?  

News Comments > Overwatch Widowmaker Cinematic
11. Re: Overwatch Widowmaker Cinematic Apr 4, 2016, 13:23 KS

Task wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 12:34:
The game itself looks fun, but my interest in multiplayer gaming is diminishing. Theyll definitely capture a younger audience. And now for satire:

Interviewer Chris for PNN asks Trumper and Hitlery VP, "Should women cosplayers be punished for Tracer butt posing?"
"Look, There has to be some form of punishment,” Trumper says seriously.
"Agreed, those girls can't do that!" Hitlery yells maniacally.

"We don't want the youths of today learning the bad things of the past -- the only skin we want the modern young man seeing is the 'skin' on the surface of burst organs!"

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 24, 2016, 15:07 KS

"We know we promised you this extraordinary surveillance power was for the emergency of terrorism, but we're gonna use it for normal crime, so suck it."  

News Comments > BioWare Teases Missed Teaser T-Shirt
7. Re: BioWare Teases Missed Teaser T-Shirt Mar 21, 2016, 14:52 KS

"Space of Spacecraft"

"This is not World of Warcraft in space!"

"It's much more sophisticated."

My bet is a MOBA as described. I thought this was out already. What is Heroes then? Nahhh, I don't wanna know.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2016, 15:41 KS

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 18, 2016, 15:30:
KS wrote on Mar 18, 2016, 15:23:
Beamer wrote on Mar 18, 2016, 15:02:
Cutter wrote on Mar 18, 2016, 13:46:
At its core, cultural appropriation is treating cultures like a pick-and-mix grab bag of ideas for the dominant majority culture (almost always white)

That's that article in a nutshell. White liberal guilt hipster denounces Whitey as the source of all that's bad in the world. Gee, shocker. Rolleyes

This guy said it really well....

That's how cultural exchange works - you use bits and pieces from other groups of people and fuse it with other stuff. Sichuan cuisine, for example, exists because somebody brought hot peppers from the Americas over to China, where they were promptly assimilated and woven into the cuisine. Or think of fusion cuisine in general, like the food trucks that combine Korean and Mexican food around here.

It only feels like appropriation to me if you're actually claiming to be the original source of something. But I read a lot of broad accusations of it.

And this guy....

I've heard Mexican people saying they don't give a flying fuck if others want to celebrate Día de Muertos. And here we have Halloween parties, completely out of context.

I'm from Argentina. One of the latest winners of the Tango World Cup was a japanese couple. You won't hear ANYONE complain about japanese people "appropriating" our culture. On the contrary, people here are happy our stuff is known all over the world. Even Schwarzenegger doing random shit to the tune of Por una Cabeza in True Lies is only ever seen as funny. I don't think I know ANYONE who was offended by that.

Exactly. Man, this new bullshit PC era so needs to fucking die...yet again.

I can't believe I'm responding to you, but you picked the beginning sentences and ignored the rest.

Cultural appropriation is taking someone's culture and treating it like a costume or a gimmick. There's a stark difference between that and exchanging ideas, such as your sichuan example.

It is called borrowing an idea. It is one thing to make a racist portrayal, and quite another to borrow a colorful attire because it looks nice. Or cool. Or scary.

There is nothing wrong with that. It is a made up offense that people have to be "educated" to take offense at, and only then can you play an asinine guilt game with the "offenders" of the newly-educated "offendee".

YES!

Cultural appropriation is basically a bullshit excuse for angry people to get "offended" and worked up over. You A) Have no right to not be offended, despite what a lot of people think and B) actually have to choose to be offended. Which is a lot more work that just ignoring things that probably have nothing to do with you in the first place.

It is racist to say I cannot put on a headdress because I am not an American Indian (and I never have) but that I am permitted to put on a top hat and tails because I am a white guy and that's my culture!

Shall I rage around demanding no non-whites wear that? Oh, how racist the Japanese ambassador was during WWII, wearing such?

WTF people! This is a completely fraudulent meme born of runaway white man's guilt.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2016, 15:23 KS

Beamer wrote on Mar 18, 2016, 15:02:
Cutter wrote on Mar 18, 2016, 13:46:
At its core, cultural appropriation is treating cultures like a pick-and-mix grab bag of ideas for the dominant majority culture (almost always white)

That's that article in a nutshell. White liberal guilt hipster denounces Whitey as the source of all that's bad in the world. Gee, shocker. Rolleyes

This guy said it really well....

That's how cultural exchange works - you use bits and pieces from other groups of people and fuse it with other stuff. Sichuan cuisine, for example, exists because somebody brought hot peppers from the Americas over to China, where they were promptly assimilated and woven into the cuisine. Or think of fusion cuisine in general, like the food trucks that combine Korean and Mexican food around here.

It only feels like appropriation to me if you're actually claiming to be the original source of something. But I read a lot of broad accusations of it.

And this guy....

I've heard Mexican people saying they don't give a flying fuck if others want to celebrate Día de Muertos. And here we have Halloween parties, completely out of context.

I'm from Argentina. One of the latest winners of the Tango World Cup was a japanese couple. You won't hear ANYONE complain about japanese people "appropriating" our culture. On the contrary, people here are happy our stuff is known all over the world. Even Schwarzenegger doing random shit to the tune of Por una Cabeza in True Lies is only ever seen as funny. I don't think I know ANYONE who was offended by that.

Exactly. Man, this new bullshit PC era so needs to fucking die...yet again.

I can't believe I'm responding to you, but you picked the beginning sentences and ignored the rest.

Cultural appropriation is taking someone's culture and treating it like a costume or a gimmick. There's a stark difference between that and exchanging ideas, such as your sichuan example.

It is called borrowing an idea. It is one thing to make a racist portrayal, and quite another to borrow a colorful attire because it looks nice. Or cool. Or scary.

There is nothing wrong with that. It is a made up offense that people have to be "educated" to take offense at, and only then can you play an asinine guilt game with the "offenders" of the newly-educated "offendee".

It is a grotesquely racist concept.

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 2016, 15:36.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2016, 15:10 KS

In Superman's defense, ice and rocks are warmer and softer to him than the best bed in the world is to Batman.

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 2016, 15:19.

News Comments > Diablo II Patch Adds OS X Support
6. Re: Diablo II Patch Adds OS X Support Mar 11, 2016, 13:01 KS

Yeesh I loved it but don't even know where my discs are anymore.

I assume a 63 fire trapsassin is still on their server somewhere. Alls I was doing was Pindleskin runs anyway.

News Comments > Book of Demons Announced
2. Re: Book of Demons Announced Mar 11, 2016, 12:56 KS

Current hack & slash games employ countless statistics that change the mechanics by a percentile in a continuous fashion. Book of Demons features multiple discrete player and monster mechanics that can be combined in a virtually infinite number of interesting ways to create near endless replayability.

This could be interesting. Wrist bracelet "upgrades strength by 3 points AKA 0.02% damage" is the lazy devs' easy-balance design. God how I miss City of Heroes where you could slot entire extra powers into other powers.

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Online Anniversary & Patch
8. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Anniversary & Patch Mar 1, 2016, 22:31 KS

Tried going back last month, my highest character was 22 with Tier 2 greensteel weapons.

Everybody runs everything on ultra mega hyper elite legendary, just one step below the highest setting, and blows through stuff that three-shots me in my pitiful 65 AC armor.

My healer can heal but is so wimpy even with a similar AC she has to avoid getting hit more than once. I have fearsome armor, and get yelled at when things hit me and run away. Seems this slows down their murder wave of destruction.

Most of the good stuff is sold on a second auction house for crystals alternate money that you can buy. Fortunately it is pretty cheap, but I haven't used it yet.

Of course, nobody needs healing because they can all heal themselves, not sure how, I am guessing everyone has UMD up to enough for major cure wants.

562 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo