Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KS

Real Name KS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KS
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 16, 2002, 21:20
Total Comments 546 (Apprentice)
User ID 13644

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > New Steam User Record
17. Re: New Steam User Record Oct 20, 2015, 17:19 KS

coolkev99 wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 18:50:
This can't be possible. PC gaming is dead.

I assume the weekend's total includes me logging in, looking for a demo, downloading it and playing it for 20 minutes they deciding as if I were Consuela.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Patches
2. Re: Morning Patches Oct 20, 2015, 17:02 KS

Basic Commendations are now called Common Data Crystals.
Elite Commendations are now called Glowing Data Crystals.
Ultimate Commendations are now called Radiant Data Crystals.

Someone needs a smakkkkkkk...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2015, 15:08 KS

So Daisy does not have a lightsaber in this movie. Though they suggest one with her staff in parallel with, indeed overlapping, the bad guy's beam. She's way too cute for that to suggest she is the series' ultimate bad guy.  

News Comments > The Age of Decadence Begins
7. Re: The Age of Decadence Begins Oct 15, 2015, 18:31 KS

"Try before you buy", 1st chapter demo. Music to my ears.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access
31. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 14, 2015, 12:39 KS

> Gary Oldman

"Who's going to be disappointed in this game?"

"Everyone."

"What do you mean 'everyone'?"

News Comments > Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access
30. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 14, 2015, 12:36 KS

What is gameplay like?  

News Comments > 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta
28. Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 13, 2015, 15:22 KS

It looked freaking fantastic. I was nonplussed over waves of wimpy stormtroopers. I liked the turret and would like more of that and fighting strategy between cover.

It had problems starting in full screen mode, but I never found out how to report a bug.

News Comments > Sir, You Are Being Hunted Adds Multiplayer
5. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Adds Multiplayer Oct 9, 2015, 13:40 KS

jimnms wrote on Oct 9, 2015, 10:25:
I remember they announced it a long time ago, but I thought they had abandoned it.

Thank you. I was unaware it had even been released. I was looking forward to a more Thief sneaking feel than brutal FPS, so was watching for it.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Begins
29. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Begins Oct 9, 2015, 01:19 KS

Ok, the turret you can place is cool; otherwise I am supposed to weave back and forth while shooting unending hordes of 2-shot stormtroopers.

I felt motion queasy within 15 minutes. It is gorgeous but I wish it had better frame rate to deal with that.

I can't figure out how to report a bug, which is why there is a beta test after all, right? Not as advertising?

A Google search suggests a Reddit thread to report the bugs on. If it is supposed to be a link back to a Star Wars thread somewhere, I can't figure out how to get there, which is why I hate Reddit.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2015, 17:51 KS

JayDeath wrote on Oct 8, 2015, 11:06:
Daniel Craig is the worst Bond yet. It's an interesting character that he plays but it's not James Bond.

Like Star Trek, it is now an action movie. Trek was thoughtful with some action but is 100% action now. Bond was intrigue with occasional fights. Fight fight fight now!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 5, 2015, 17:10 KS

"It's not a 'cap' because we don't cut you off. We just automatically increase the rate for additional data. So it's really more of a 'wallet money exfiltration procedure' than a 'cap' ."  

News Comments > Star Citizen Employee Article Follow-up
53. Re: Star Citizen Employee Article Follow-up Oct 2, 2015, 16:10 KS

descender wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 14:46:
I don't want to see SC fail, I'd much rather just be able to play an awesome space sim... but since I'm not invested in any way if it takes down "crowdfunding" with it... I'm totally OK with that.

Hopefully some of you have learned why developers should HAVE TO go through proper channels to get funding for their projects. Especially hugely overambitious projects.

What is the game anyway?

Is fighting like Eve? Star Trek Online? Star Wars The Old Republic?

Button mashing? Jammed full with crap demanding response, or is there strategic planning 5 or 10 seconds ahead?

News Comments > More QUAKEs & Wolfensteins on GOG.com
2. Re: More QUAKEs & Wolfensteins on GOG.com Oct 1, 2015, 17:46 KS

Nazi content, I'll bet.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Employees "Speak Out"
3. Re: Star Citizen Employees Oct 1, 2015, 17:43 KS

What is the game?  

News Comments > A.I. Invasion Invades
4. Re: A.I. Invasion Invades Oct 1, 2015, 14:34 KS

That doesn't bother me. What bothers me is 3 soldiers running around without (using any) cover seem to be slaughtering heavy metal in direct firefights.  

News Comments > Star Citizen's $900 Ship
71. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Sep 30, 2015, 13:58 KS

So do these $25-$100 pods come with it, or are they extra?

> not yet available to see in hangar or fight with in arena

Hehehe. In the real game, if it is destroyed, is it gone, or can you build another one? Or just claim it from your own replicator?

In a real battle, anyone with an IQ above room temperature would go after the hospital or repair ships first.

Unless they plan to introduce taunting tank ships. Hehehee. If so, enjoy your pos.

News Comments > WildStar Free-to-Play Launches
5. Re: WildStar Free-to-Play Launches Sep 29, 2015, 11:29 KS

Travel does not bother me. There is something to be said for being "way out there".

Ever more immediate button mashing "action MMO" bothers me. How in god's name did this perverted fetish get started, and one 8 or 9 figure flop after another hasn't stopped designers from doubling down on it.

A persistent world is a slow one that continues to exist. Forcing me to button mash a wiffel bat against a nonsentient bag of hitpoints misses the point.

This, like TESO, has mile after mile after mile of new areas to follow a main questline and level up. No one enjoys. Apparently content is not king after all.

News Comments > New EverQuest Expansion Next Month
10. Re: New EverQuest Expansion Next Month Sep 17, 2015, 17:16 KS

Participated in EQ Landmark closed beta. This is the adjunct to EQ Next where you can build things, like a cross between a souped up Minecraft and the old City of Heroes base builder (but outside.)

I had the better part of a castle built when my account got deactivated exactly 1 week later and I was told I needed to pay money to continue (even though I had submitted several bugs.)

Good.

Bye.

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 2015, 17:28.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2015, 13:55 KS

> Taser Impacts on Bare Skin at 28,000fps

I'm on ph and couldn't click. I am like, WHAT??? 28,000 feet per second! Those lil' metal hooks are gonna blow huge holes in someone! Oh, frames per second, high speed photography. Ok then.

News Comments > Master of Orion Video Diary
7. Re: Master of Orion Video Diary Sep 10, 2015, 16:05 KS

Pax Imperia was a year before the original Master of Orion, and Spaceward Ho!, 2 years.

These were more conquer the galaxy, with less or no "diplomacy", a big part of these 4X games (and far and away the most boring if you ask me.)

I loved the star crawl and the tech trees and outfitting new ship designs. Does Master of Orion even offer that? I bought the original and was unable to find it in there, so diplomacy-oriented that it was.

546 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo