Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KS

Real Name KS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KS
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 16, 2002, 21:20
Total Comments 554 (Apprentice)
User ID 13644

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Aug 26, 2016, 16:54 KS

Concerned with Overwatch "character origins", wtf.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Attack on Titan Released
7. Re: Attack on Titan Released Aug 26, 2016, 16:51 KS

Attention YouTube: I will not watch an ad before an ad. That is all.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
15. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 25, 2016, 09:52 KS

Religious zealotry is only a problem when they gain the reins of power. To combat this, we have the first and fourth amendments.

Here, the fourth has historically been interpreted as your personal papers in your house, with things like metadata not being considered private due to outdated rulings from the landline telephony era.

As more and more of your papers move online, you do indeed maintain your expectation of privacy, even if the papers are held in 3rd party hands and theoretically viewed by them (by way of passing through their system).

1984 is well underway. It is very American in the design of our political philosophy and constitution to flat-out deny government these powers used by tyrants.

Don't build it, and it can't be misused.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Changes
9. Re: Titanfall 2 Changes Aug 25, 2016, 09:26 KS

Mindweaver wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 08:37:
I bought the first game and played it for about 3 hours.. and I haven't touched it since.. I just couldn't justify eating up over 50gb's of my SSD for the first game. This game doesn't look much better...

That's what a dimestore HDD is for.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Aug 21, 2016, 13:49 KS

I really wanna see them open up their planet and animal generators so we can play with the parameters.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2016, 10:27 KS

The trillions of dollars is not over decades, it is for one year. This is impossible even for vast US spending. They count it by one group misstating budgets and passing the same fraud down the line and the next group repeats it. It is the same set of "mistakes" repeated over and over.

Still, tens of billions bloating to trillions emphasizes how many holes, or chances for detection there are nobody is detecting or fixing.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 15, 2016, 09:12 KS

It is vaguely like EverQuest Landmark, except you can't build anything. You can only craft predesigned objects which really just unlock new features for your gun, suit, and ship.

I cheated and watched a YouTube video of someone getting to the center of the galaxy, and the planets and tasks remain identical. It is ProgressQuest on steroids.

And for some reason most planets have uncounted billions of drones flying around getting angry if you hit a rock with your laser beam. What a horrible galaxy.

News Comments > Quake Champions eSports Support
8. Re: Quake Champions eSports Support Aug 2, 2016, 10:12 KS

So is being a Champion optional? Is it like a golf handicap for more casual players?

Will the best gravitate towards Champions to give the edge anyway?

News Comments > Quake Champions Trailer
11. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Jul 26, 2016, 08:51 KS

Champions not only captures the spirit of the original games

Yay!!!

but also brings the storied shooter into the modern era with the addition of Champions.

Huh?

Along with new insights into each of the four revealed Champions Ranger, Visor, Nyx and Scalebearer

Oh crap, another "hero unit"-based MOBA.

Let's revisit that first sentence again:

Champions not only captures the spirit of the original games

In the original games, I am the one and only hero unit, rocket jumping around like a maniac. It is my abilities that make me a hero unit, not some game designer's "balance".

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Announces New Expansion & Free Trial
4. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Announces New Expansion & Free Trial Jul 17, 2016, 16:27 KS

LOC wrote on Jul 17, 2016, 15:50:
Bucky wrote on Jul 17, 2016, 14:39:
So, as someone who loved KotOR and KotOR II, is this worth delving into as a single player experience? I have zero interest in the MMO part of it, but I wouldn't mind revisiting the world if I can do it on my own.

I'm pretty sure with the last major patch, they basically made it so you could literally bypass all the side quests and just do the main quest lines for the character you are playing. So, for solo specific stuff, you'd probably enjoy it. I did even when I did side quests. So there's that I guess?

You got to play at 12x xp rate, which was more than enough to level up following only your main class storyline.

The expansion "storytelling" is a pretty decent single-player game, but that kind of defeats the purpose of an MMORPG.

News Comments > etc.
14. Re: etc. Jul 17, 2016, 09:40 KS

Scheherazade wrote on Jul 16, 2016, 13:31:
#CulturalAppropriationOnlyExistsInTheUSAOtherPlacesAreHappyToSeeFolksAppreciateTheirCulture

-scheherazade

Cultural appropriation, as a "bad thing", is an inherently racist idea. Humans are minds, not DNA, and minds see successful ideas and learn them.

To say you can't, because your DNA is not regulation-approved, is grotesquely racist.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week
26. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Jul 17, 2016, 09:25 KS

Rigs wrote on Jul 17, 2016, 03:23:
NKD wrote on Jul 17, 2016, 00:22:
thecakeisalie wrote on Jul 16, 2016, 21:31:
I wonder how many fanatics will blame Derek Smart and everyone else they can try to find as a scapegoat instead of Chris Roberts.
Chris Roberts will go into hiding for 6 months or a year, and then he'll come back with another project and ask for more money and everyone he just ripped off with Star Citizen will pony up more cash.

No, I don't see him coming back from this if it does end up being shipped out bare-bones. He'll be this gens John Romero. It'll pretty much curb (if not outright crush) the rest of his gaming career. Maybe, maybe in a decade he might be able to come back quietly, as Romero did, working on mobile. But he'll never be able to shake off the shit storm that hits. Our Gods have failed us. Carmack, Romero, Molyneux, Garriott, Roberts, Holland..they've all fallen since their meteoric rise in the 80's and 90's. The only way any of them could ever make a comeback is by doing it the old fashioned way, a unmitigated blockbuster.

I think what it is, though, especially with Roberts, is that he's seen what little he can do and the reaction he gets from it. Pushing out dreams is so lucrative that having to actually make those dreams reality is too much effort. He got to eat his cake, he doesn't want to have to do the dishes now. The man is creative, there's no doubt about it and if he could write as well as he can world-build, he'd be a master novelist, up there with the likes of Clancy, Crichton, Clarke, Tolkien and Martin. He's good at convincing people to trust him. A master manipulator. But like George Lucas, he can't stop himself from tweaking his dream to fit everyone's tastes. And as such, it's never realized, never finished. The man probably does want everyone to have the ultimate space-trading-combat-sim but I don't think he knows where to stop. He doesn't understand that you can't please all the people all the time. Him and Peter Molyneux are two peas in a dream pod. They want everyone to have the game they've always dreamed of but it's just not possible. Even when you throw unlimited money at it. They both probably figured that with enough funds, anything was possible. 'If you wish for it hard enough, it'll come true'. And he probably thought he was on the right track, doing the right thing when everyone became ''yes' men', throwing money at him left and right and giving him praise for anything he did. That type of shit really does go to people's heads! Don't fool yourself that they have self-control. They're just as infallible has you or I.

On top of all that, Robert's probably realized that he didn't have to put as much effort into his dream machine because the competition wasn't. No Man's Sky is...well, pretty, but it looks to be a shallow experience on par with SW: Battlefront. Yet people have been going ape-shit over it since it was announced. His direct competitor, Elite: Dangerous, again, is rather shallow. Certainly nothing like what he has proposed with SC. It's a decent sim for the genre, no doubt, and I love to play it, but it's the space-trading equivalent of a walking sim. Braben and company are slowly getting it filled in some more, don't get me wrong, it's on a good track. But, as I said, it's nothing like what SC has been trying to achieve. Beyond them, what's left? EVE Valkyrie? Some indie titles with a fraction of the budget? Nothing is anywhere close to what SC] is suppose to bring to the table and Roberts knows this. He was probably waiting to see what would come out during the time of SC's development. Now that he knows there's really nothing out or on the horizon that could match even a quarter of what has been proposed, he's starting to dial down the hype, marketing and probably weeding out all the features that aren't financially viable. And it's by doing that he's probably realized that SC isn't going to be anything close to what people want.

I could be wrong but I don't think I am. I'm not happy about it. If SC becomes the Daikatana of space-trading-combat sims, it might just put a bullet in the genre before it ever got back on it's feet again.

I wondered to myself the other day what a past me would think if I went back in time to 1992, when I got my first 'modern' PC and told myself that the space-sim and flight-sim genres were cold husks, long abandoned? I'd probably cry for a pretty long time. Especially when I learned that those awesome encyclopedia-like manuals all went away! I think I might miss them more than the games themselves!

=-Rigs-=

Add a few paragraph breaks and this is a decent article for a game web site.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Jul 1, 2016, 09:53 KS

Someone Owns More Than Half of Steam's Entire Library, Just Hit Steam Level 1000

Damn. I wish I was a rich scion, with plenty of money to burn on games sitting around all day playing.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Adding Lando & Bespin
9. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Adding Lando & Bespin Jun 17, 2016, 13:40 KS

Bill Borre wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 10:16:
I miss Star Wars Galaxies.

I know. I was enheartened for a second. Then I remembered it was no more. Then I remembered they did away with the "onion" free select powers and went with pure classes, decimating my dancer, which was why I left.

News Comments > Crackdown 3 for Windows 10
10. Re: Crackdown 3 for Windows 10 Jun 14, 2016, 04:58 KS

Tachikoma wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 03:02:
ventry wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 00:14:

Your smart phone spies/collects/sends telemetry on you 24/7 despite what options you turn off.
You know that, right??

Selective caring hurts credibility.

No it does not, if you take some simple precautions (like rootin` n tootin and lil` gapps cancer surgery).

As for Crackdown, well. The enviro destruction is long overdue in gaming, though Red Faction was on the right path. But cloud dependant? This concept is so 2008.

Something from my mind reminds me of some plan to have "the cloud" perform the Herculean calculations needed for dynamic environmental destruction, but you're right. That should tuck into a small corner of a modern GPU nowadays.

Cross-platform, should be interesting if "mousers" can destroy console controllers as easily as rumoured.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
10. Re: etc., etc. Jun 10, 2016, 17:37 KS

LittleMe wrote on Jun 10, 2016, 15:02:
Task wrote on Jun 10, 2016, 14:05:
Obviously the the thief was thievish. The equivalent of Dean with a shit ton card scams on Supernatural. This may set a precedent for other cases whether you or innocent or not.

"Good afternoon. I'm Officer Nice. May I see your driver's license, registration and credit cards please?" The officer immediately swipes card on his CC swipe machine on his belt.

"Excuse me this is your wife's card. Get out of the car right now."

"I see you bought a bag of fertilizer. Care to tell me what you are going to do today?"

"We contacted your wife and she says you got into an argument and we think you are a possible threat to society. DHS van is right over there. Step inside."

You forgot the latest police awesome -- seizure not just of wads of cash, assuming they are crime proceeds, but a new device that lets them pull money out of your bank account because, hey, it doesn't matter if the crime proceeds are actually a physical wad in your car!

Seriously.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic: The GEMINI Deception This Month
4. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic: The GEMINI Deception This Month Jun 9, 2016, 13:35 KS

The only class I wanna play at this point doesn't exist: The droid mastermind pet class.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Live Action Trailer
7. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Live Action Trailer May 26, 2016, 17:07 KS

Guns remain the premeire superpower for anything this side of Superman.

Don't be afraid of people with robot arms.

This comment was edited on May 26, 2016, 17:15.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Delayed?
30. Re: No Man's Sky Delayed? May 26, 2016, 17:02 KS

Dacron wrote on May 26, 2016, 13:52:
Has it been confirmed No Mans Sky will be devoid of gameplay/story, or is this all based off speculation and humour?

Someone was speculating this delay was due to early reviews of "the tech is cool and all but where's the gameplay?"

TBH I still have yet to see an answer to my similar question directed at Star Citizen, other than it will be like Wing Commander, whatever that means.

News Comments > Spellforce 3 Details
6. Re: Spellforce 3 Details May 25, 2016, 14:50 KS

I'm tired of making Heroes in games. I wanna make the opposite, to be more reflective of my nature.

I wanna make Losers.

554 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo