Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KS

Real Name KS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KS
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 16, 2002, 21:20
Total Comments 575 (Apprentice)
User ID 13644

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2017, 14:20 KS

VaranDragon wrote on May 20, 2017, 11:37:
Im going to make an educated guess and say that it's not an alien megalithic structure that's causing the dip in the star's brightness.

You obviously haven't seen my ex wife!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
10. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 20, 2017, 14:15 KS

jdreyer wrote on May 20, 2017, 14:01:
Creston wrote on May 20, 2017, 12:36:
Cutter wrote on May 20, 2017, 12:02:
And as always when robots replace all these people who's going to have any money to buy anything? It's self-defeating. That was one of the major reasons for the downfall of Rome. There were so many slaves in the empire that citizens couldn't find work. And that started the whole downward spiral of bread and circuses.

So we're all going to be gladiators for the robots? :o

No, we're going to be batteries. Duh.

In any case, I do agree that it's so short-sighted the way every single corporation RUSHES to automation. Have fun not selling anything and watching all your robots just sitting there doing nothing.
Well, this is the result of largely unregulated capitalism. We have a concentration of wealth that we've not seen since the robber barons 120 years ago. Basically, only government can overcome this trend, as it's in each individual corporate interest to be as efficient as possible, and robots are cheaper and more efficient that people for most jobs. Right now, laws are 98% correlated to what companies want, and only 50% (random chance) to what people want.

At minimum we need:
- Complete ban on corporate lobbying
- Total public funding of all elections
- Double the capital gains tax to help fund Medicaid/Medicare for the increase in the roles that job loss will create
- Remove the $100K cap on the payroll tax funding Medicare.
- A 30 hour workweek, to spread remaining work among more people.
- Increase the minimum wage to $16 per hour
- Subsidize retraining programs

That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there's a bunch more stuff that can help ameliorate this situation.

"I hate capitalism!!!" he typed out onto his iPhone, and pressed SEND, where it went out on the Internet, which was turned from a university toy into a massive, high-speed, worldwide phenomenon by trillions of dollars of private investment, and his message was read by dozens around the world, on other phones, and computers, and tablets like Star Trek had, these driven by still more trillions of dollars of private investment, where, had it been up to a government official rubbing his chin and pondering the next step, we'd still have vacuum tube TVs, and only that because of previous, un-stepped-upon capitalism.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
2. Re: Saturday Mobilization May 20, 2017, 14:07 KS

Why would Netflix care? They want their app spread around freely. It requires a paid account to use.  

News Comments > Prey Released
21. Re: Prey Released May 5, 2017, 17:35 KS

Shut off the artificial gravity and blow them into space.  

20. Re: hyperbole much Feb 3, 2017, 15:58 KS

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 2, 2017, 10:46:
"nightmare inducing"?? it looks like a segway crossed with a coat rack

got some really pathetic chickenshits out there, i guess

And the Segway was built on the same guy's earlier super-wheelchair that lifted up on two wheels to climb up stairs.

This is literally going backwards to 15 years ago.

News Comments > The Red Solstice Free Weekend
2. Re: The Red Solstice Free Weekend Feb 3, 2017, 15:05 KS

Wanna try it but Steam is down atm.  

News Comments > Avengers Game Revealed
4. Re: Avengers Game Revealed Jan 26, 2017, 15:30 KS

Has the MOBA fad run its course?

That's pretty much all we need to ask.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 25, 2017, 11:24 KS

A long time ago it occurred to me it could not be the equatorial trench because it was far too small. Thb I had no idea where it actually was, either, because I also didn't pay attention during the meeting.

All 6 times.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2017, 13:30 KS

The NHL is a doubly terrible joke as the regular season weeds out only a few teams and almost everyone goes to the playoffs.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 11, 2017, 19:43 KS

I'd be like one day and out, retired.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2017, 13:58 KS

His checkboxes are a means to an end, not the end itself. The end is whether you like the movie or not. If you like it, but check no boxes, then the movie wins, not the boxes.

If you believ in The Boxes so much you start raging during the movie, you have a problem.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 9, 2017, 15:36 KS

Didn't they just add a phone to a souped-up Palm Pilot? Which is to say, add a phone to an iPod?  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
20. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 14, 2016, 21:15 KS

Cutter wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 13:20:
Pigeon wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 11:53:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 11:28:
I read it and it lines up with what I have suspected all along that we, the US, is on the losing side of the "cyberwar".

Our politicians are too clueless to understand the breadth of the problem, and too willing to use the results for political leverage. Honestly they didn't even need the details, just putting forth a vague implication that wrong doing had occurred based on out of context statements. What was actually the worst thing in those emails? Probably Donna Brazile leaking a debate question to Hillary's aide and that was the least focused on aspect.

Exactly if this was going the other way the GOP would be screaming bloody murder for the next 4 years. Ultimately it really doesn't matter than Giant Douche beat Turd Sandwich because they're two sides of the same corporate coin.

It's small consolation, but at least you get Mr. Garrison and Caitlyn Jenner as the president and VP for the next 4 years.

Buckle up, buckaroos!

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Knights of the Eternal Throne Launches
9. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Knights of the Eternal Throne Launches Dec 3, 2016, 11:51 KS

Btw this isn't the first Star Wars game to let you sit on the galactic throne. Knights of the Old Republic did, too, if you followed the dark side in your final choice. Though admittedly the game then ended and you didn't get to enjoy your powahhhhhhh!  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Knights of the Eternal Throne Launches
7. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Knights of the Eternal Throne Launches Dec 3, 2016, 11:38 KS

Frijoles wrote on Dec 2, 2016, 20:15:
Jumped back in to this after a year or so of not looking at it. Had no fucking clue what I was doing or how it worked. The biggest problem I have returning to games like this, especially F2P MMOs, is all the shit in my bags. And since it's F2P, bag space is extremely limited while they give you a whole ton of shit to fill your bags. The easy solution is to delete/sell everything. Instead I just quit. These games really need a "hey, welcome back, let's do a tutorial".

And give me bigger bags, dammit.

I came back earlier this year and did the previous chapters. There is no reason at all for crafting. My main does lightsaber hilt crafting, and I have crafted precisely 4 high end hilts, one for me and 3 for sale on the AH.

Just buy end stuff on the AH and use greens/blues that drop on your way up, maybe supplementing from AH from time to time.

I had massive amounts of stuff clogging my storage and nothing was ever needed.

Anyway, the storyline is a pretty good single player game, with each chapter being about 5-10 hours.

I don't know how this multiplayer mission thing will be (hated and refused to grind pvp portions of building your resistance base) but making MMORPGs solo easy is a seemingly intractable problem.

News Comments > Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series Announced
4. Re: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series Announced Dec 2, 2016, 17:36 KS

I saw that in the theater 6 times. There are only 5 other movies I have ever seen 2x.

Star Wars back in '77 (member Chewbacca?)
The Force Awakens
Aliens
Batman (Keaton)
Watchmen

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2016, 10:10 KS

Man Of Steel 2- Henry Cavill will soon return as Superman, co-star Amy Adams confirms script in works.

"In the first movie, Superman learned the valuable life lesson that, sometimes, you must kill. In this sequel, he learns another life lesson, that sometimes you must torture, maim, and fail to pay your taxes."

News Comments > Portal/Half-Life Movie News Nears?
16. Re: Portal/Half-Life Movie News Nears? Sep 29, 2016, 14:25 KS

Member Westworld?

I member!

Member Yul Brynner's face ripping off?

I member!

Member when Half Life first came out, the intro animation?

I member! Too bad you didn't get to drive the spider Cat!

Oooh, the spider Cat!

I member!

News Comments > No Man's Sky Advertising Investigation
28. Re: No Man's Sky Advertising Investigation Sep 29, 2016, 10:02 KS

The game reminds me of some of the more horrific science fiction I have read where the universe is choked with a variation on the grey goo scenario.

Evidently someone in the distant past sent self-replicating murder drones out into the cosmos (or maybe self-replicating murder drone factories) and now everywhere is reduced to a hunter-gatherer existence, dodging the murder drones.

I would like to capture 10 murder drones and use them to defend me from other murder drones.

Tracking and disabling the murder drone factories would give you something to work towards.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 26, 2016, 12:39 KS

If they have any balls they will fight it on first amendment grounds.

"You are not permitted to say what a person's actual age is."

Sorry, no.

575 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo