Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KS

Real Name KS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KS
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 16, 2002, 21:20
Total Comments 567 (Apprentice)
User ID 13644

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2017, 13:30 KS

The NHL is a doubly terrible joke as the regular season weeds out only a few teams and almost everyone goes to the playoffs.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 11, 2017, 19:43 KS

I'd be like one day and out, retired.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2017, 13:58 KS

His checkboxes are a means to an end, not the end itself. The end is whether you like the movie or not. If you like it, but check no boxes, then the movie wins, not the boxes.

If you believ in The Boxes so much you start raging during the movie, you have a problem.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 9, 2017, 15:36 KS

Didn't they just add a phone to a souped-up Palm Pilot? Which is to say, add a phone to an iPod?  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
20. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 14, 2016, 21:15 KS

Cutter wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 13:20:
Pigeon wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 11:53:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 11:28:
I read it and it lines up with what I have suspected all along that we, the US, is on the losing side of the "cyberwar".

Our politicians are too clueless to understand the breadth of the problem, and too willing to use the results for political leverage. Honestly they didn't even need the details, just putting forth a vague implication that wrong doing had occurred based on out of context statements. What was actually the worst thing in those emails? Probably Donna Brazile leaking a debate question to Hillary's aide and that was the least focused on aspect.

Exactly if this was going the other way the GOP would be screaming bloody murder for the next 4 years. Ultimately it really doesn't matter than Giant Douche beat Turd Sandwich because they're two sides of the same corporate coin.

It's small consolation, but at least you get Mr. Garrison and Caitlyn Jenner as the president and VP for the next 4 years.

Buckle up, buckaroos!

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Knights of the Eternal Throne Launches
9. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Knights of the Eternal Throne Launches Dec 3, 2016, 11:51 KS

Btw this isn't the first Star Wars game to let you sit on the galactic throne. Knights of the Old Republic did, too, if you followed the dark side in your final choice. Though admittedly the game then ended and you didn't get to enjoy your powahhhhhhh!  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Knights of the Eternal Throne Launches
7. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Knights of the Eternal Throne Launches Dec 3, 2016, 11:38 KS

Frijoles wrote on Dec 2, 2016, 20:15:
Jumped back in to this after a year or so of not looking at it. Had no fucking clue what I was doing or how it worked. The biggest problem I have returning to games like this, especially F2P MMOs, is all the shit in my bags. And since it's F2P, bag space is extremely limited while they give you a whole ton of shit to fill your bags. The easy solution is to delete/sell everything. Instead I just quit. These games really need a "hey, welcome back, let's do a tutorial".

And give me bigger bags, dammit.

I came back earlier this year and did the previous chapters. There is no reason at all for crafting. My main does lightsaber hilt crafting, and I have crafted precisely 4 high end hilts, one for me and 3 for sale on the AH.

Just buy end stuff on the AH and use greens/blues that drop on your way up, maybe supplementing from AH from time to time.

I had massive amounts of stuff clogging my storage and nothing was ever needed.

Anyway, the storyline is a pretty good single player game, with each chapter being about 5-10 hours.

I don't know how this multiplayer mission thing will be (hated and refused to grind pvp portions of building your resistance base) but making MMORPGs solo easy is a seemingly intractable problem.

News Comments > Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series Announced
4. Re: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series Announced Dec 2, 2016, 17:36 KS

I saw that in the theater 6 times. There are only 5 other movies I have ever seen 2x.

Star Wars back in '77 (member Chewbacca?)
The Force Awakens
Aliens
Batman (Keaton)
Watchmen

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2016, 10:10 KS

Man Of Steel 2- Henry Cavill will soon return as Superman, co-star Amy Adams confirms script in works.

"In the first movie, Superman learned the valuable life lesson that, sometimes, you must kill. In this sequel, he learns another life lesson, that sometimes you must torture, maim, and fail to pay your taxes."

News Comments > Portal/Half-Life Movie News Nears?
16. Re: Portal/Half-Life Movie News Nears? Sep 29, 2016, 14:25 KS

Member Westworld?

I member!

Member Yul Brynner's face ripping off?

I member!

Member when Half Life first came out, the intro animation?

I member! Too bad you didn't get to drive the spider Cat!

Oooh, the spider Cat!

I member!

News Comments > No Man's Sky Advertising Investigation
28. Re: No Man's Sky Advertising Investigation Sep 29, 2016, 10:02 KS

The game reminds me of some of the more horrific science fiction I have read where the universe is choked with a variation on the grey goo scenario.

Evidently someone in the distant past sent self-replicating murder drones out into the cosmos (or maybe self-replicating murder drone factories) and now everywhere is reduced to a hunter-gatherer existence, dodging the murder drones.

I would like to capture 10 murder drones and use them to defend me from other murder drones.

Tracking and disabling the murder drone factories would give you something to work towards.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 26, 2016, 12:39 KS

If they have any balls they will fight it on first amendment grounds.

"You are not permitted to say what a person's actual age is."

Sorry, no.

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Sep 26, 2016, 09:30 KS

Quboid wrote on Sep 25, 2016, 16:41:
If the ghosts didn't want to be chased, they should protest peacefully. Pac-Man is like Dirty Harry, he's an anti-hero who does what's needed and if those old farts at city hall don't like it they can haul their fat asses out of their comfy chairs and see what real pacmanning is all about!

Pac-Man is a hunter/gatherer who refuses to recognize property rights of the ghosts, who planted that garden he is looting.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Aug 26, 2016, 16:54 KS

Concerned with Overwatch "character origins", wtf.  

News Comments > Attack on Titan Released
7. Re: Attack on Titan Released Aug 26, 2016, 16:51 KS

Attention YouTube: I will not watch an ad before an ad. That is all.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
15. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 25, 2016, 09:52 KS

Religious zealotry is only a problem when they gain the reins of power. To combat this, we have the first and fourth amendments.

Here, the fourth has historically been interpreted as your personal papers in your house, with things like metadata not being considered private due to outdated rulings from the landline telephony era.

As more and more of your papers move online, you do indeed maintain your expectation of privacy, even if the papers are held in 3rd party hands and theoretically viewed by them (by way of passing through their system).

1984 is well underway. It is very American in the design of our political philosophy and constitution to flat-out deny government these powers used by tyrants.

Don't build it, and it can't be misused.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Changes
9. Re: Titanfall 2 Changes Aug 25, 2016, 09:26 KS

Mindweaver wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 08:37:
I bought the first game and played it for about 3 hours.. and I haven't touched it since.. I just couldn't justify eating up over 50gb's of my SSD for the first game. This game doesn't look much better...

That's what a dimestore HDD is for.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Aug 21, 2016, 13:49 KS

I really wanna see them open up their planet and animal generators so we can play with the parameters.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2016, 10:27 KS

The trillions of dollars is not over decades, it is for one year. This is impossible even for vast US spending. They count it by one group misstating budgets and passing the same fraud down the line and the next group repeats it. It is the same set of "mistakes" repeated over and over.

Still, tens of billions bloating to trillions emphasizes how many holes, or chances for detection there are nobody is detecting or fixing.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 15, 2016, 09:12 KS

It is vaguely like EverQuest Landmark, except you can't build anything. You can only craft predesigned objects which really just unlock new features for your gun, suit, and ship.

I cheated and watched a YouTube video of someone getting to the center of the galaxy, and the planets and tasks remain identical. It is ProgressQuest on steroids.

And for some reason most planets have uncounted billions of drones flying around getting angry if you hit a rock with your laser beam. What a horrible galaxy.

567 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo