Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for KS

Real Name KS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KS
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 16, 2002, 21:20
Total Comments 741 (Apprentice)
User ID 13644

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed Sep 21, 2019, 08:39 KS

El Pit wrote on Sep 20, 2019, 17:40:
Creston wrote on Sep 20, 2019, 13:46:
El Pit wrote on Sep 20, 2019, 12:31:
Don't keep that money - give it to your God ChrisT Roberts!"

Fixed that for you. Such a missed opportunity.

Damn! Thanks, mate!

Fyi that is the Christ in Christopher. And remember that, next time someone looks oddly at Mexicans naming kids Jesus.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Best Games of the Century List
14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2019, 13:56 KS

Blue wrote on Sep 19, 2019, 13:48:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 19, 2019, 13:26:
No Quake, Half Life, Doom, Duke Nukem, Unreal or Counter-Strike in the top 50, blasphemous.

Wrong century.

Indeed. Total Annihilation is 22 years old now, too.

Sacrifice squeaks in though. Best game evah.

At least the confused Frankenstein monstrosity of Warcraft III isn't in there.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 3, 2019, 13:22 KS

Foldable phones (screens) are a solution in search of a problem. Whatever benefit won't be worth the stress crease lines that will eventually appear.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
42. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2019, 08:41 KS

bigspender wrote on Aug 24, 2019, 03:45:
This Daily Pill Cut Heart Attacks by Half. Why Isn’t Everyone Getting It

Because cholesterol based heart disease is now well established as a food borne illness. Don't give yourself heart disease and you won't need a statin, and all of its dangerous side effects....

Don't eat saturated fat or cholesterol (basically animal products (esp dairy) & coconut oil & palm oil) and you will never ever get eschemic heart disease, and you will never need this pill.

It's done wonders for Kevin Smith and Penn Jillette in recent times. Enjoy your bean burritos and vegetable curries from any region of the world.

As a medical treatment, "You should lose weight" has a 98% failure rate.

41. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2019, 08:40 KS

NKD wrote on Aug 23, 2019, 23:32:
1badmf wrote on Aug 23, 2019, 20:13:
Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 23, 2019, 18:04:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 23, 2019, 17:59:
Why 16 months.
Actually, counting it out I was off by one, it is 17 months -- Jan. 20, 2021. I don't think even Moscow Mitch can hold out for four years.

frankly, i double dog dare him to obstruct a supreme court confirmation for FOUR YEARS. the balls on that dude.

There needs to be something done about that, at some point. The Senate shouldn't be able to put off a vote indefinitely. We need some court precedent that says that the Senate failing to hold a vote within a reasonable time period is essentially approval of the nomination.

But that's not going to happen because both parties want to keep that option open, should they need it. Dumb cunts.

The courts couldn't do that anyway because they can't order congress to vote on something (the constitution explicitely goves congress the power to make its own rules) and it couldn't approve a nominee because of no vote because the constitution doesn't give the judicial branch that power. The president nominates and congress advises and consents.

It would have to be an amendment, and you are right, no one will approve it because congress wants more power, not less, even as they rarely use it.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 16, 2019, 12:55 KS

The panopticon is inevitable. The only solution is to give access to everyone so we can spy on politicians spying on us.  

News Comments > Destroy All Humans! Collector's Editions
2. Re: Destroy All Humans! Collector's Editions Aug 12, 2019, 13:54 KS

I was ready to pay $200 for a Mechwarrior Online special edition so I could start the game with my own Atlas. Fortunately I found out in time it was one of these lazy MMOs with no single player content, only PvP arenas.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2019, 13:49 KS

The kid who sits in front and asks questions with one minute left in class.

If you raise your hand at 11:59 a.m. and say the words, “Going back to something you said earlier,” be prepared for everyone in the room to hate you.

You think that's bad, try the same situation at work in a large room with 40 or more people and an "important" speaker, and there's oodles of assholery trying to get some face time as an important, thoughtful question asker.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 9, 2019, 17:34 KS

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 9, 2019, 11:28:
Instead of a one time $15 purchase you're now offered a discounted subscription. Won't be long before the os is subscription based.

The long-term plan is worse than that. Ultimately you will subscribe and everything, os too, will run out of the cloud. Their multiple desktop thing on Windows is forward-designed to pull out of a VM in the cloud, and you can "resume your work" on any machine this way.

All subscription of course.

News Comments > Cliff Empire Rises
6. Re: Cliff Empire Rises Aug 8, 2019, 14:48 KS

I would think the caldera of a volcano (or a bowl valley in the mountains) might be above 300m, but would slowly gather up the heavier poison air via stray gusts, like rain gathers up as puddles.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 7, 2019, 15:37 KS

1890s
Thatcher: Charles, I happen to know this little newspaper enterprise of yours lost a million dollars last year.

Charles Foster Kane: Yes, I lost a million dollars last year. I expect to lose a million dollars this year. I expect to lose a million dollars next year. You know, Mr. Thatcher? At a million dollars a year, I'll have to close this place...in 60 years. (cue horns wah wah wah wah waaaaaaaah)

Tiktok is valued at $75b, is spending $3m-day on US

"At 3 million dollars a day, we'll have to close this place...in 68 years." Wah wah wah wah waaaaaaah

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2019, 12:14 KS

I had heard New York had great Chinese food. I don't live in NY but a local Chinese restaurant advertises "New York style Chinese food".

Based on the two times I ate there, I conclude "New York style" means "flavorless mush".

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 22, 2019, 12:30 KS

Microsoft's goal is to turn your home PC into a modern dumb terminal with your stuff in the cloud. Wouldn't you like to be able to log into your desktop from anywhere and there it all is?

Oh, and them scanning everything you do to advertise to you.

Yeah no thanks. Maybe you have to grow up like a borg baby surrounded by omnipresence everywhere.

News Comments > EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 5 on Steam
3. Re: EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 5 on Steam Jul 11, 2019, 14:08 KS

From a dramatic point of view, if they are pretending to be cell cameras or something, probably wouldn't be cruising right up and by the monsters as if on a trolly cam.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 3, 2019, 18:01 KS

Kings had queens and mistresses. How dare Blizzard try to hide this!  

News Comments > Spaceland Announced
5. Re: Spaceland Announced Jun 28, 2019, 18:29 KS

In Spaceland, battles are quick, with no time wasted deciding on character costumes, load-outs, and other nitty-gritty details

"Thank you, come again!"

"But if you just..."

"Thank you, come again!"

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Videos of organs being harvested from living children are big on Facebook now. Jun 19, 2019, 13:43 KS

theglaze wrote on Jun 19, 2019, 11:30:
Gojo wrote on Jun 19, 2019, 10:45:
What. The. Fuck.
I've been on the interwebs since the early 90's and have seen all kinds of depravity. Goatse, tub girl, 2 girls 1 cup, and even the infrequent foray to liveleak. I know there's worse stuff out there, but this... holy shit! Just reading this is going to mess with me for years when I'm drifting off to sleep. Yeesh.

I'll quote the only lines someone actually needs to read from this article:

Delete it.

Delete Facebook now.

It's kind of sad the article was about the difficulties moderators suffer rather than the videos themselves.

Anyway facebook disappearing won't solve the problem as all major web sites will suffer the same fate. Once a video is in the system, the computers can handle additional uploads, but they have to be classified by a human the first time.

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Jun 13, 2019, 15:30 KS

Tip: "Hit triangle key repeatedly to grunt for half an hour to power up your super attack, and watch it bounce off the bad guy who will sigh and not even give a funny quip but rather a variation of 'Pathetic!' "  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 12, 2019, 03:28 KS

NKD wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 23:51:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 21:31:
Russian Doll? I felt the show had a definitive arc. How do you even have more story after that?

Evidently the creators made it with a 3 season arc in mind, but I'm as confused as you are.

This is the Disney channel model -- three seasons and out.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 7, 2019, 12:20 KS

I still can't get over that people earn millions just streaming themselves playing video games.  

741 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo