Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KS

Real Name KS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KS
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 16, 2002, 21:20
Total Comments 653 (Apprentice)
User ID 13644

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > GOG.com Tweet Backlash
15. Re: GOG.com Tweet Backlash Jul 19, 2018, 13:04 KS

Never hoida 'em. But their reactionary scorched-earth virtue signalling in favor of dialog and discussion gives me hope for humanity  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wow Subscriptions Now Include All Expansions
29. Re: Wow Subscriptions Now Include All Expansions Jul 18, 2018, 16:53 KS

Some of the previous expansion continents are now auto-level of monsters to you, so you can choose which to go to to level rather than being stuck on fixed progression, i.e. must go to this one for 10 levels, then that one.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2018, 17:42 KS

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 10:18:
Brevity: Growing up I remember MSG in the spice cabinet. It was the go to ingredient in the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.

My wife took chicken fry oil and made gravy. "This is how Kfc does it", and it was identical. I was disgusted but not so much I stopped guzzling it.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
19. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 13, 2018, 17:16 KS

Suppressing fake news from randos is one thing, from a known major source is something else.

Suppressing Infowars may make certain politicians happy, but the average person looks askance at a company hiding things like that, and that sentiment has nothing to do with the truthiness of Infowars.

Facebook has to weigh pleasing politicians and some customers (who largely don't read it anyway) vs. pissing off a lot of others who feel manipulated by a too-big company holding hands with (opposing) politicians.

As facebook's primary battle is fighting distrust for various reasons, banning Infowars is hardly helping.

tl;dr "Trust us, we're hiding this for your own good!" doesn't help facebook's trust problems.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2018, 17:28 KS

Summer or winter is determined by the angle of the sun, not distance.

I wonder if there's some lower-order tidal tugging trying to align aphelion with summer/winter tilt.

It would have to be pushing one way or the other weakly.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2018, 16:38 KS

Believe it or not, Toys R Us was put out of business by Walmart the same way Toys R Us put mom and pop toy stores out of business in the 1970s.

Don't cry for them.

Similarly big drug chains like CVS are whining about Walmart and Meijer's having pharmacies with higher volume price advantages when they in turn put the corner drug store largely out of business (poor Mr. Gower.)

News Comments > More on Esports and the Olympics
4. Re: More on Esports and the Olympics Jun 27, 2018, 14:49 KS

Imma guess the free condom bowl won't get much use in their dorm.

Oops, sorry. Thought this was slashdot. Nm.

News Comments > Neverwinter: Ravenloft Launches
3. Re: Neverwinter: Ravenloft Launches Jun 26, 2018, 17:10 KS

These are the people who shut down City of Heroes so they could repurpose the servers to help with the initial crush of Guild Wars 2, giving out some FUD about not selling it unless it could get proper care (so for some reason the devs actually running it who wanted to buy it weren't caring enough.)

Never give up, not even in the face of Armageddon.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Welcome Back Weekend
5. Re: World of Warcraft Welcome Back Weekend Jun 22, 2018, 20:00 KS

Just remember there's an undiscovered continent on Azeroth with rats that could solo the Seat of the Pantheon.

Azeroth was never in danger of defeat by the Legion.

News Comments > Overwatch Tease
1. Re: Overwatch Tease Jun 22, 2018, 11:02 KS

When everybody is a hero, nobody is a hero.

Also, how heroic is it to do heroic deeds when you have 0% chance of staying dead?

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Delayed
14. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Delayed Jun 19, 2018, 18:14 KS

1. Fix the weight issue where replaced items in slots left their weight counting against the mech's total, slowly disabling it over a number of missions. (Yes I know no code remains. I'm being sarcastic.)

2. Make the AI better than "everone gang up on the player and ignore his AI wingmen."

3. Suggestion: Hard mode with no jump jets.

Never felt right to me.

News Comments > WHO Classifies "Gaming Disorder"
20. Re: WHO Classifies Jun 18, 2018, 14:28 KS

Alamar wrote on Jun 18, 2018, 14:20:
I wonder how soon I can apply for government assistance for my disability... Which would give me more time to game... : )

That is the complaint about the law as it is -- Congress just blanket applied social security disability and various Titles and whatnot to just "Do what the doctors say" in their various handbooks of diseases.

This allows for lawsuits for things that may be pushed in under pressure from lawyers rather than proper medical analysis. And of course allows Congress to hide from votes to authorize a new handbook of diseases, hiding from voters being their favorite sport.

13. Re: George Lucas Jun 15, 2018, 15:50 KS

The death of fantasy is in trying to explain in detail how magic works.

It just does. It's bad enough people are beclowned explaining the force, such as light saber use in terms of precognition (as opposed to, say, the magic of the Force guiding you as it flows through all living beings etc.)

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 8, 2018, 14:52 KS

I have no problems with ads. I have problems with ads that take over the browser, create popups, lock up the CPU, and so on.

If it were just ads in the page or before a video, we wouldn't be here

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 7, 2018, 16:03 KS

Whoa, he was the main Lollipop Guild guy. That's my favorite Munchkin.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization May 31, 2018, 16:53 KS

What's the point of them? If government can track you at its whim is the real driving force, why?

Thieves will have workarounds almost instantly.

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed May 31, 2018, 16:51 KS

Isn't this how Barbi programs? Sliding together others' work like Lincoln Logs then patting oneself on the back and calling it a night?  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 25, 2018, 18:06 KS

Tipsy McStagger wrote on May 25, 2018, 15:25:
jdreyer wrote on May 25, 2018, 12:01:
Capitan wrote on May 25, 2018, 11:42:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on May 25, 2018, 10:46:
All 3 of those idiots need some jail time. I don't think 10+ years or anything but even 1-2 years is good enough shock that others can be deterred from it.

Those 3 idiots have killed a person so why shouldn't 10+ years be okay as penalty? Prolly those 3 knew that guy had a violent personality and played on that in the prank. Personalty I think those dumb bastards can sit there in jail and rotten away their lives.

Of course, we can discuss and have opinions about police SWAT should have more margin before they shoot but that's another question

Jail time, absolutely. They took intentionally dangerous actions that resulted in the death of a human being, even if their intent was only to scare.

The thing I worry about 10 years is this: they'll go in as misguided punks, but they'll come out as criminals after being exposed to prison. Prison should be more about rehabilitation and reintegration as productive members of society, and less about punishment. I feel 10 years hard will have the opposite effect. I guess it depends on where they end up tho.

Someone died yes, but it's not like the 3 are directly responsible. Some trigger happy police officers (for good reason) and an idiot who failed to fully comply is to blame.

So yes, there's some debate here but like Jdreyer said.. If you put them in long enough they will come out worse than before.

In many states, death during a felony makes the felons guilty of murder, which includes a getaway driver, your felon buddy who shot at police and got killed in return, and a random bystander accidentally shot by police. All murders by the felons.

This is not a joke, and assholes who swat people need to have the poop scared out of them.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
11. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 24, 2018, 13:08 KS

He might have a case if he maintained it was his original private account and nothing more. But apparently he's made statements it's official for him-as-president, which converts it to a government-run open forum (it was already open, but government-run means they (that particular account) can't practice viewpoint descrimination.)  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
8. Re: Morning Mobilization May 24, 2018, 12:57 KS

jdreyer wrote on May 24, 2018, 12:33:
Simon Says wrote on May 24, 2018, 10:51:
If Apple made a car, you'd have to return it to Apple to get it repaired...

And an oil change would cost $300. Also, all the parts would be glued together, not bolted.

Car makers are halfway to non user-changeable batteries. Fuel pumps and fuel filters are now located inside tanks so you have to lift the car and remove the tank for close to a thousand dollars instead of a quick, sub-$100 self-repair.

653 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo