Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for KS

Real Name KS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KS
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 16, 2002, 21:20
Total Comments 766 (Graduate)
User ID 13644

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > On Diablo IV Leveling

33. Re: On Diablo IV Leveling Nov 21, 2019, 09:33 KS

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 21, 2019, 09:08:
KS wrote on Nov 21, 2019, 08:01:
I want my skill choices to mean something.

No matter what, it won't really mean something. Unlike your choice of whether to buy or not, which will, a little bit, for Hong Kong.
Boycotting 1 game, 1 company 1 "x", will do absolutely nothing to affect change.
That's not how it works.

Not correct. Also, you should feel cheap and soulless.

Let them know why, if you don't buy. If you do buy, let them know, too, that you don't care if they help export Chinese oppression and censorship

They will be glad to know.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Diablo IV Leveling

31. Re: On Diablo IV Leveling Nov 21, 2019, 08:01 KS

I want my skill choices to mean something.

No matter what, it won't really mean something. Unlike your choice of whether to buy or not, which will, a little bit, for Hong Kong.

News Comments > Blood of Steel Announced

2. Re: Blood of Steel Announced Nov 21, 2019, 06:50 KS

Players assume control of legendary commanders from world history including Joan of Arc, Julius Cesar and Alexander the Great, each with their own distinct weapons and personalities

Don't forget the power of government-run social media scores in controlling billions! Such power! Can't wait for that legendary hero.

News Comments > Diablo IV Leak Revisited

34. Re: Diablo IV Leak Revisited Nov 15, 2019, 07:43 KS

"Blizzard also decided at the last moment to remove the Brute-o-$$$ class, which intimidated opponents by threatening to teleport them to a reeducation camp, and was a pet class that dangled wealth in front of monsters to gain control. No reason was given."  

News Comments > Morning Previews

2. Re: Morning Previews Nov 4, 2019, 12:41 KS

jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 12:33:
Diablo 4ís world is grim, and filled with people who need you

Hong Kong is grim, and filled with people who need you

Beat me to it. My unrenewed WoW monthly expires in a few days.

News Comments > Rumored Diablo 4 Details

5. Re: Rumored Diablo 4 Details Oct 31, 2019, 13:04 KS

All this game seems to be is a W I N K to the Diablo 2 fans

How's the W I N K I N G going with fans of Hong Kong?

News Comments > Deathwing Coming to Heroes of the Storm

1. Re: Deathwing Coming to Heroes of the Storm Oct 22, 2019, 14:41 KS

Heroes of the Storm

Not to be confused with heroes of the dictatorial storm in Hong Kong.

News Comments > Blizzard Addresses blitzchung Controversy; Reduces Penalties

100. Re: Blizzard Addresses blitzchung Controversy; Reduces Penalties Oct 19, 2019, 07:05 KS

Tl;dr "We, like the NBA, have no problem helping export censorship of China beyond China's borders, for money."  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

14. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Oct 19, 2019, 06:59 KS

1. I have to watch an ad to watch an ad.

2. When he cuts into the monster, ripping superheated lacerations, why doesn't it scream and run away? I thought Lucas Arts built AI, including avoidance and lifesaving behaviors, into these things 10 years ago.

All I see is the same wiffle bat level weapons gameplay with a sword of infinity wrapper.

News Comments > Blizzard Addresses blitzchung Controversy; Reduces Penalties

38. Re: Blizzard Addresses blitzchung Controversy; Reduces Penalties Oct 13, 2019, 07:31 KS

jdreyer wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 17:04:
Quinn wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 15:27:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 15:01:
Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 14:04:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 13:54:
Imagine the uproar around here if he'd said Black Lives Matter.
No wait, that's kneeling in the nfl.

Muahhh I wouldn't give a fuck if he said that, or took a knee because you can do that kind of shit here in America.
Colin Kaepernick would like a word.

The difference is that blitzchung protested an issue based on reality; on things actually going on systematically in China and one can easily show the evidence. Colin protested a non-issue directly contradicted by factual data and originated from a racist and victimhood mindset. And for those prone to straw-man other people's arguments: I am not saying there is no police violence or that there's nothing of anything.

Pretty sure Colin is protesting a real issue.

It's not even a valid comparison. There's an infinite gulf between ejecting someone because they hurt your bottom line in a free land -- they have free speech, you have free speech, you take your chances -- and ejecting someone because they hurt your bottom line in a dictatorship that brooks no dissent.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2019, 15:11 KS

I first came around the time of Duke Nukem, and soon thereafter Quake, and mainly CTF.  

News Comments > Blizzard Hong Kong Backlash Continues

21. Re: Blizzard Hong Kong Backlash Continues Oct 10, 2019, 13:56 KS

"Dude broke the rules."

How many levels of enjoyment of Blizzard products is each silenced dissident worth?

This comment was edited on Oct 10, 2019, 14:24.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 9, 2019, 19:37 KS

The Supreme Court already nixed using passive infrared through walls without a warrant. I wouldn't expect wifi or bluetooth (already proven several years ago) to be any different.  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Faces Hong Kong Backlash

27. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 9, 2019, 18:59 KS

Cutter wrote on Oct 9, 2019, 17:18:
roguebanshee wrote on Oct 9, 2019, 16:05:
It wasn't a tweet, it was a statement made by a player during an official Hearthstone broadcast, and said player was under contract to not make potentially offensive statements for the duration of the tournament. Heck, the VoD of the series was even up on the official Hearthstone Youtube channel for a short while.

At which point Activision Blizzard likely got a strongly worded letter from either Tencent or a Chinese official.

Regardless, contract law is murky at best. The entire premise of law is predicated on what's considered "reasonable" - good luck defining that because no one has been to do it so far. At least as far as I've seen on this story I haven't seen anything - contractually - that would prohibit him from saying what he said. Just because Blizzard says that's the case doesn't make it so. And from the looks of it it will be determined in a court of law. And that being the case I'd be wagering dollars to donuts that the guy will win in this case. At any rate Blizzard has hurt themselves considerably more with their response and this will likely steamroll into something much larger. It was an entirely idiotic response on their part. Always let sleeping dogs lie unless you have no choice.

Good luck suing the guy for economic damage. You think the blowback over ejecting him hurt...

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare System Requirements

7. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare System Requirements Oct 9, 2019, 18:55 KS

They forgot one of the minimum requirements.

• Do not speak out in favor of Hong Kong protestors
  •  

9. Re: Activision Blizzard Faces Hong Kong Backlash Oct 9, 2019, 12:16 KS

We'll see how this plays out, and if nothing changes, I'm canceling my account, which has been active more often than not since World of Warcraft came out, including the last 3 years in a row = 36 * $15, and never shall their vile cloud darken my doorway again.  

8. Re: Activision Blizzard Faces Hong Kong Backlash Oct 9, 2019, 11:55 KS

"You harmed us by getting us in trouble with a murderous dictatorship, by pointing this out."

Good luck with that lawsuit.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 9, 2019, 02:22 KS

The embargo cuts off trade cold turkey, which would include refunds. Maybe they could be returned after normalization later, but for now they cannot. I wouldn't blame Valve.  

News Comments > Valve Burgled

21. Re: Valve Burgled Oct 9, 2019, 02:01 KS

What do they mean he stole games? He copied all Valve's products? He stole their Connect 4 and Electronic Battleship from the break room?

Is the former even an actual loss?

News Comments > Out of the Blue

36. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2019, 09:08 KS

NKD wrote on Oct 5, 2019, 23:27:
    UFOs aren't aliens, they are unidentified flying objects, and even then a lot of them are neither flying, nor objects, but a reflection or shadow or some other shit that no one can be bothered to try and reproduce.

There's a reason that in decades of "UFO sightings" there's never been anything resembling a clear image of a spacecraft or an extraterrestrial lifeform.

I've been saying this for a long time. When personal electronic phone cams came into mass ownership, we got tons of films of rare events like tornados, earthquakes, train crashes, crimes, and so on.

No UFOs. No Nessies. No Bigfeets. Embarrasingly, the handful of modern UFO videos continue to be grainy, blurry pieces of junk. Which should tell people something.

766 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >