Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KS

Real Name KS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KS
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 16, 2002, 21:20
Total Comments 615 (Apprentice)
User ID 13644

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 19, 2018, 20:28 KS

This is stupid. *I* am paying the ISP for access at a certain data rate. If they are lying and deliberately slow down anybody, put them in jail for fraud.

It is that simple.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries Destruction Trailer
9. Re: MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries Destruction Trailer Apr 18, 2018, 13:33 KS

If your leg is destroyed you may not have the stamina or speed to get back to your dropship in time, for example.

You're doing it wrong.

You lose the leg, and your mech has to hobble/jump like robots with one leg humans actually make do.

Animate that and forget about game design where "lost leg" = 50% speed and 50% stamina. That is from an era where actual loss of leg computation and mechanical action was impossible so must be crudely simulated via those numbers.

News Comments > Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA Released
18. Re: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA Released Apr 17, 2018, 14:06 KS

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 23:33:
Cutter wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 23:21:
I never bother with games if I can't even understand what the hell the title is supposed to mean. What the fuck does that title mean? Is it even English?

Lacrimosa is neither english nor a word, apparently. The title makes zero sense, Lacrimosa doesn't mean anything.

It's probably a play on lachrymose, given to sadness or tear-inducing. So Dana is having a rough time in this game.

News Comments > BATTLETECH Trailer
15. Re: BATTLETECH Trailer Apr 11, 2018, 15:45 KS

Loved Battletech back on the Sega Genesis and Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries on the PC. Neither were turn-based.

My favorite thing to do in Mercs was get in the zipper and issue the Atlases D and K to my wingmen and let them chew down the enemy as they always, always came after "me". Stupid AI, so use it to your advantage.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 6, 2018, 11:52 KS

In theory, reducing sanctions on the Russian elites put on them because Putin is a dictator in exchange for whatever (election astroturfing troll help, business deals in Russia for Trump, or ???) was the tit-for-tat goal.

Regardless of that tit-for-tat's veracity, how's the sanction reduction working for them?

News Comments > WoW Expands in August
7. Re: WoW Expands in August Apr 5, 2018, 13:21 KS

So, after defeating the Iron Horde or whatever it was named, a multidimensional Horde taking over other planets, you went on to fight the Legion, an even tougher and much larger multidimensional demon faction that had taken over thousands of worlds. Not only were they way tougher, they were without number, on a planetary scale.

Your only hope was to find an incredible legendary weapon then energize it over a year to indescribable heights.

Against all odds, you succeed and can eventually lay waste to the unending waves of demons.

Azeroth is saved!

But wait. There are these two other lands with trolls and animals and whatnot running around that can paste you, and thus the Legion no problem?

So Azeroth was never really in danger? Once the Legion invasion got to these lands, the rats would eat them alive and filter back into legion worlds, eating demons as they went?

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 4, 2018, 16:51 KS

He shouldn't obey EU law in America. He should obey US law. This is, by the way, the big company defense when hiding data in Ireland or Europe, that they have to obey the law over there, where the data is.  

News Comments > THE KING OF FIGHTERS '97 GLOBAL MATCH
1. Re: THE KING OF FIGHTERS '97 GLOBAL MATCH Apr 4, 2018, 16:37 KS

How about THE KING OF PRODUCERS 2018!

We're not a hunter-gatherer society anymore, so beating the crap out of someone so you can take their stuff..

Ahh to hell with it.

News Comments > Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth Book 3 Released
1. Re: Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth Book 3 Released Mar 29, 2018, 15:47 KS

Altogether, The Pillars of the Earth trilogy adapts classic adventure mechanics to tell the tale

xxxXXXStriderXXXxxx walked up behind the mage, who was casting a spell and had no armor on, much less a helmet, and, with both his massive hands gripping the huge axe's oak shaft, angrily swung down directly on the skull of the unwitting squishy with all his considerable might, which would allow him to overturn a small car in another reality, not that he knew what a car was.

Nothing happened. The mage had a tiny scratch and hadn't even interrupted his delicate hand movements.

"WTF!" he wtf'd.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2018, 14:35 KS

Visiting Star Threw Comets And Asteroids Off Their Orbits...

[12 popups blocked]
[Tab crashes]

Scammy site.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 22, 2018, 14:30 KS

The math errors were actually embedded hacks to siphon off fractions of bitcoin.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 21, 2018, 13:01 KS

Much of this business didn't even exist 20 years ago. It isn't replacing anything. It is new products and new wealth and new jobs generated from it.

"Pay their fair share" should be illegal from the lips of politicians, who should stand up and forthrightly say, "Thank you for advancing society and creating jobs by taking advantage of freedom. Now pay me a big chunk of it so I can go buy more votes handing it out."

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 20, 2018, 12:39 KS

Sadly, the only solution to the growing, AI-powered panopticon abuse may be to have everyone access it so we can watch government as easily as they watch us.

I'd rather goodbye to public privacy than have it faked with government-only access.

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 20, 2018, 12:35 KS

We need warrantless access to combat terrorism!

(Actually use it to spy on political opponents.)

We don't need any stinking 4th Amendment!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2018, 16:11 KS

jdreyer wrote on Mar 18, 2018, 15:44:
KS wrote on Mar 18, 2018, 14:49:
Cutter wrote on Mar 18, 2018, 13:07:
"I'm livin' on the air in Cincinnati...Cincinnati WKRP...."

Always loved WKRP as a kid.

That intro song itself was confusing. The show was nominally about Andy, the manager, settling down at WKRP, but Johnny Fever was the main DJ he convinced to re-ignite as the one "living on the air."

I wish Netflix would secure this, Taxi, and Barney Miller.

I don't, not after how Arrested Development turned out.

I meant just the reruns, yikes!

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2018, 14:49 KS

Cutter wrote on Mar 18, 2018, 13:07:
"I'm livin' on the air in Cincinnati...Cincinnati WKRP...."

Always loved WKRP as a kid.

That intro song itself was confusing. The show was nominally about Andy, the manager, settling down at WKRP, but Johnny Fever was the main DJ he convinced to re-ignite as the one "living on the air."

I wish Netflix would secure this, Taxi, and Barney Miller.

News Comments > Senator Presses FTC and ESRB on Loot Boxes
16. Re: Senator Presses FTC and ESRB on Loot Boxes Feb 15, 2018, 14:45 KS

Saying you never lose because you always get something (when it is always one or two special things among hundreds) is like saying you never lose a car lotto for a Ferrari because everyone is always guaranteed at least a Matchbox car. For which you paid $15 for the ticket.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Combat Improvement Plans
6. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Combat Improvement Plans Feb 8, 2018, 17:52 KS

MacLeod wrote on Feb 8, 2018, 13:54:
Bill Borre wrote on Feb 8, 2018, 10:37:
Wasn't Everquest II doing that years ago?

Yes. Heroic Opportunities. AKA that thing nobody did in groups because it would require you to use specific abilities that would ruin your own rotation to complete.

(Though they did come in handy when duoing)

Or "combos" within a generic mmorpg class, dictating several moves or you suck, restricting rather than enhancing your choices.

Get a clue game designers!

News Comments > Warparty Announced
2. Re: Warparty Announced Jan 15, 2018, 15:01 KS

legendary strategy epic Warcraft III
old school RTS grandeur

These two do not go together. Warcraft III was a sloppy amalgam of a then-faddish hero unit RTS with even newer squad-based RTS gameplay (i.e. very limited numbers of units) clumsily shoehorned in at the last second.

News Comments > ESA Rebukes President Trump
102. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 17:04 KS

Countries with overbearing dictatorships and massive corruption may be shitholes, but the President doesn't get to say that. And especially in the context of people trying to flee same.  

615 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo