Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KS

Real Name KS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KS
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 16, 2002, 21:20
Total Comments 679 (Apprentice)
User ID 13644

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2018, 20:24 KS

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 12, 2018, 14:22:
I hope it doesn't take a significant outbreak to wake up parents. But I wouldn't be surprised if that is what it takes. The worst thing is the kids will pay the price, the parents probably were vaccinated.

It's too bad you can't sue the liars running around saying vaccines are dangerous.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2018, 20:21 KS

There were two of those white puffball ones, the largr of which was almost as big as a soccer ball.  

News Comments > Internet Archive Launches Commodore 64 Library
14. Re: Internet Archive Launches Commodore 64 Library Oct 11, 2018, 17:06 KS

"...and we liked it!" >:-(  

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 CitizenCon Trailer
17. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 - CitizenCon Trailer Oct 11, 2018, 12:34 KS

"Do you want it NOW or do you want it AWESOME?"

I want it AWESOME and am willing to wait until some idiotically long time in the future like 2015!"

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 10, 2018, 14:02 KS

It wouldn't surprise me if our government was ok with it as long as our spies can watch everything being searched in China. "They're gonna be warrantlessly observed by their own government anyway..."  

News Comments > Skybound to Complete The Walking Dead: The Final Season
1. Re: Skybound to Complete The Walking Dead: The Final Season Oct 7, 2018, 16:37 KS

"The goal of the game," they continued, "is to successfully have Negan stand on Rick's skull while peeing onto Carl's grave, while Maggie cries furiously and Kirkman never pockets money from ad sales to women who find Jeffery Dean Morgan hot because they all left as viewers and never came back."  

20. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 2, 2018, 13:52 KS

Cutter wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 13:47:
That's still low and way off from a living wage. Min wage here is $14 and becomes $15 in January. That's only $11.71 US atm. Living wage is $20-$25 US depending where you live, and the same here.

Who said these jobs had to be living wage i.e. sole breadwinner jobs?

Is there no room in the economy for supplemental income jobs?

19. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 2, 2018, 13:48 KS

jdreyer wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 12:14:
Creston wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 11:02:
Hey, for all the shit Amazon's been (justifiably) getting lately over their work conditions and abhorrent pay, this is a good move. A lot of their workers essentially just got like a 50% pay raise.

Yeah, at least now they can (a tiny bit) justify treating their workers like shit.

Amazon is also at the front of automating warehouses. Buy goodwill now, continue developing efficiencies.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 28, 2018, 12:30 KS

I first read that as "Castratonauts is now available..." and thought, well, now that is creative indeed.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2018, 13:18 KS

I can't wait for the Citizen Kane remake! I hope they have Kane and Jedediah get in a drunken shakeycam fistfight instead of lamely digging a hole in the floor for a static shot.  

News Comments > Is The Walking Dead Undead? Should It Be?
3. Re: Is The Walking Dead Undead? Should It Be? Sep 25, 2018, 12:46 KS

"It's Rick Grimes' final season. We just pointlessly killed off Carl, too, and smashed Glenn's head in, driving still more away, and chose not to kill their killer, who is already making noises in ads that he wants to escape, Batman-idiotically-doesn't-kill-Jokerwise."

Nah, sounds like the two future episodes are guaranteed winners thanks to the show's ongoing popularity. I can't conceive why deep pockets don't wanna continue throwing millions to fertilize that inevitable money tree.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Sep 21, 2018, 17:05 KS

Never liked this kind of raiding in any game. Having to memorize strategies and details and battle stages and perform nearly perfectly and run it over and over again seems so opposite of what an adventure dungeon should be.

It's almost impossible to even go into a new dungeon without everyone else steamrolling, knowing where everything is and what to do.

I have no solution, and just lament that the joy of exploration and figuring things out is largely missing in dungeons.

News Comments > Shadow of the Tomb Raider Released
6. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Released Sep 15, 2018, 12:21 KS

KS wrote on Sep 15, 2018, 12:01:
* Apparently your birth date is required to access certain products by your local rating agency. This data is for verification purposes only and cannot be stored on our servers. We're sorry :(

Steam says that.

My local rating agency is the US Supreme Court who says they don't as it can be sold to kids.

And if they can't store it what is the point of the exercise? Are they reporting me to someone? Who? Can they store it?

Two encounters today, on this very posting, with government regulation of the Internet. And some are only just getting warmed up.

It's speech, people.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
9. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 15, 2018, 12:10 KS

It probably is illegal, and the left has only themselves to thank for it as they pushed the supremacy of federal regulations in the negative space.

They used it most recently to stop Arizona from enforcing federal immigration laws under Obama. The feds, when they choose to decide the rules, decide all the rules and no one may add to them or delete from them.

Not saying any rule or this meta rule are good or bad, but they helped make that bed and now cry when they have to lie in it.

5. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Released Sep 15, 2018, 12:01 KS

* Apparently your birth date is required to access certain products by your local rating agency. This data is for verification purposes only and cannot be stored on our servers. We're sorry :(

Steam says that.

My local rating agency is the US Supreme Court who says they don't as it can be sold to kids.

4. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Released Sep 15, 2018, 11:49 KS

I hereby propose a third button: "I am not from the EU -- Go Away".  

1. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Released Sep 14, 2018, 19:30 KS

Blues News, help! A cookie agreement with a big N on it is popping up on your site. It is scaring the hell out of me, and I don't scare easily! I have leapt Lara Croft off that super high jenga tower thingie in that one building in the original game.

Is this a blues cookie clickthrough?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 12, 2018, 17:20 KS

Windows 10 already watches everything you type, all sites you visit, Chrome or not, Incognito mode or not, and also monitors and sends back screen shots and everything else you do so it can be parsed and you thrown into a thousand and one advertising bins.

Google, Amazon, and facebook (and every single site you visit) also do this, even unto guestimating your phone number, which ties it all together with your IP in the vast advertising proclivity databases.

I fail to see how not using Chrome benefits Microsoft who monitors all your web sites and typing already.

News Comments > Pearl Abyss Acquiring CCP Games
3. Re: Pearl Abyss Acquiring CCP Games Sep 6, 2018, 12:42 KS

I ragequit Eve years back, for the second time.

I can handle the dangers of nul sec and was in a large guild, er, player corp., but when people in the extended alliance see you, log out and log back in in a station as enemies and gank you, to heck with it.

News Comments > EA Cancels Remaining Madden Qualifiers
24. Re: EA Cancels Remaining Madden Qualifiers Aug 28, 2018, 17:40 KS

jdreyer wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 17:20:
Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 17:03:
Bodolza wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 16:59:
If people realize that the 2nd Amendment is already moot, there's a chance it could get repealed.
I'd say there is basically 0% chance of that happening any time soon. Certainly not in my lifetime.

Ten years ago I would have said the same thing about gay marriage or a black president.

Those increase personal freedom and decrease government control, whether you like those ideas or not.

To overturn the 2nd involves a large increase in government control.

679 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo