Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Gerry Corcoran

Real Name Gerry Corcoran   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Parallax Abstraction
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://geekbravado.com
Signed On Jul 12, 2002, 18:05
Total Comments 3564 (Veteran)
User ID 13614

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > MudRunner 2 Announced
3. Re: MudRunner 2 Announced Aug 21, 2018, 13:59 Parallax Abstraction

ooVee was the publisher than was away with the original Spintires IP. The developer of the game went to work for Saber Interactive and they're the ones putting out the MudRunner games with Focus.

The first MudRunner had a bunch of new content and features like Steam Workshop support that the developer wanted to put in the original game and couldn't because of ooVee but that said, it didn't improve a ton and did feel more like an update. I'm hoping this comes with a ton of all-new content, as well as some engine enhancements.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube | Mixer
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 15, 2018, 23:48 Parallax Abstraction

Beamer wrote on Aug 15, 2018, 11:26:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on Aug 15, 2018, 11:16:
Fact-check links from Wikipedia

Well, this is off to a good start.

How frequently do you think Wikipedia is wrong, relative to literally any other site?
Can you cite an article that's currently incorrect?

I don't have time to go digging up one for you right now but there have been many I've seen over the years, particularly ones on current events or hot political topics, that often have constant edit wars going on.

There's a reason the majority of educational institutions will not accept Wikipedia as a valid source on academic papers.

Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 15, 2018, 11:16 Parallax Abstraction

Fact-check links from Wikipedia

Well, this is off to a good start.

Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > GOG.com Tweet Backlash
14. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Jul 19, 2018, 12:40 Parallax Abstraction

I don't know how VG 24/7 is still a thing. It's a bad site full of generally weak writers who most of the time, just regurgitate press releases. I don't know anyone who reads them. And now they're actively shunning advertisers over a tweet that was at worst, in poor taste. I don't think anyone will even notice when they go away.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Morning Interviews
29. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 11, 2018, 12:46 Parallax Abstraction

Ozmodan wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 19:55:
Verno wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 10:54:
“The whole thing was highly unprofessional,” she continued. “There was zero reason for him to be there. He wanted to vent his anger, and he had the power to command a woman to stand there while he took his feelings out on her, so he did. Then he walked out, [the manager] got my stuff from my desk and the HR person asked for my key card.”

Wow, this moron just plays the gender victimhood card at every opportunity. Unreal.

Yes, you pissed off customers on social media for no reason and he "mansplained" that you were fired for being a fucking idiot. Let us rise up against male oppression!

Who is the moron in this thread, not her! The number of asshats that play these games is phenominal and she unfortunately ran into a major asshat. She was completely right, management folded. Looks like the asshats are in charge at Arenanet. Fat change I will ever buy one of their games again!

I can't tell if you're trolling or are just that monumentally ignorant of the actual facts of this situation.

Parallax Abstraction

4. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 10, 2018, 10:29 Parallax Abstraction

If there is any chance of an article's comments being anything less than an echo chamber, Polygon will tend to just disable them.  
Parallax Abstraction

2. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 10, 2018, 09:56 Parallax Abstraction

Person with long history of toxicity continues to believe it's everyone else's fault. Shocker. I guarantee you this incident alone isn't what got her fired and that she was probably talked to about her public behaviour multiple times before.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat
25. Re: Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat Jul 6, 2018, 14:33 Parallax Abstraction

The person who was fired has a long and well-documented history of being extremely and publicly toxic (see her openly celebrating the death of TotalBiscuit for only one example.) I suspect this was just the last straw for ArenaNet, especially since she went off on a massive community advocate for their product.

And yet, an army of devs and the press are lining up to defend her and cite this at the latest example of how women are oppressed in gaming and how this was "just a misunderstanding." Bullshit. If the genders in this situation were reversed, this same army of people would be actively trying to destroy their career. The double standards and hypocrisy are bright as the sun here. If you're a piece of shit when representing your employer (especially for as long as she has been), you get what's coming to you, I don't care who you are or what gender you are.

Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 4, 2018, 09:09 Parallax Abstraction

With there was one word less in that headline.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Delayed
19. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Delayed Jun 19, 2018, 22:16 Parallax Abstraction

Do it right, not fast.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Tripwire Enters Publishing; Announces Maneater
7. Re: Tripwire Enters Publishing; Announces Maneater Jun 13, 2018, 10:34 Parallax Abstraction

FYI Blue, they're publishing Road Redemption, not Road Rage. Road Rage is a very different, very worse thing.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 8, 2018, 09:49 Parallax Abstraction

itch.io should take a look at what's in their own house before they start criticizing others.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews May 25, 2018, 11:56 Parallax Abstraction

After seeing this title, I actually tried to look into why so many Japanese games and companies insist on spelling their names in all caps and I actually didn't come up with much. It still confuses me to this day.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Apple Rejects iOS Steam Link App
11. Re: Apple Rejects iOS Steam Link App May 25, 2018, 09:13 Parallax Abstraction

And if Microsoft did this with Windows, people would be screaming bloody murder.

Microsoft was found to be an "anti-competitive monopoly" because they bundled Internet Explorer with Windows. Apple does that and far more and now they're banning apps from being allowed on their premium priced devices because they might dissuade people from buying the garbage skinner box games that little their app store. This is completely anti-consumer. Comparing this to Amazon not allowing a competing retailer to advertise on their site is a false equivalance at best.

Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black May 24, 2018, 23:18 Parallax Abstraction

I can say without question that the YouTube and live streaming I now do, I would likely have never considered doing were it not for the benefit that a few, including TotalBiscuit, provided. Love him or hate him (and believe me, I disagreed with him a lot), he gave me the confidence to find my voice and to believe that what I had to say could be of value to someone.

I've had little success on YouTube and only a bit more in streaming but these efforts have paid massive dividends in my life that have made the time, effort and money worthwhile. They've helped massively with my social anxiety, speaking ability and overall confidence, plus the knowledge I've gained from sorting out the myriad technical issues that come with this stuff have helped my career in IT as well.

None of this would have happened without people like TB making me feel that yeah, I can totally do this too. For that, I will forever be in his debt. To say that he and those like him haven't had a massive effect on the way games are covered and talked about is to deny reality. I wish his family nothing but the best in this difficult time.

Rest in peace John.

Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > No Borderlands 3 at E3?
12. Re: No Borderlands 3 at E3? May 16, 2018, 13:31 Parallax Abstraction

Cyberpunk is unfortunately behind closed doors only.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Get Stories: The Path of Destinies for Free
3. Re: Get Stories: The Path of Destinies for Free May 12, 2018, 17:08 Parallax Abstraction

I did a first impressions video of this back when it was new.

It's an interesting game where it's cartoony but deals with dark themes of war and betrayal. You end up playing the same story over many times but each time, you can unlock additional choices and places to visit. Ultimately, your goal is to make the best decisions to get the best ending.

The combat's nothing innovative but it's a really neat approach to story telling. I never finished it but did play it quite a bit after recording the video.

The devs made this free to drum up hype for the next game, Oversight, which comes out in the next week. Planning to stream it and probably do a video of that too. This was worth checking out for real money and for free, it's a no brainer.

Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Steam Survey Win7 Error Fixed
3. Re: Steam Survey Win7 Error Fixed May 5, 2018, 22:35 Parallax Abstraction

Yeah, because Valve has to give a damn about that.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > GeForce 1060 Hotfix
2. Re: GeForce 1060 Hotfix May 4, 2018, 11:36 Parallax Abstraction

Given that this was only happening with this specific version of this driver, it's more of an NVIDIA problem I'd say.

People still love to go on about how buggy AMD drivers are but in the last year, the number of driver flubs NVIDIA's made (including that one version that bricked a bunch of cards by turning their fans off) is incredible. But NVIDIA seems to get away with murder these days (said as a 1080 owner.)

Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 27, 2018, 10:58 Parallax Abstraction

Good. They're terrible routers. Need an application to manage, weak radios and they're garbage to use for gaming because you'll almost always have strict NAT with them. Good riddance. Any number of cheaper routers are substantially better.  
Parallax Abstraction

3564 Comments. 179 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo