Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Gerry Corcoran

Real Name Gerry Corcoran   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Parallax Abstraction
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://geekbravado.com
Signed On Jul 12, 2002, 18:05
Total Comments 3549 (Veteran)
User ID 13614

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > No Borderlands 3 at E3?
12. Re: No Borderlands 3 at E3? May 16, 2018, 13:31 Parallax Abstraction

Cyberpunk is unfortunately behind closed doors only.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube | Mixer
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Get Stories: The Path of Destinies for Free
3. Re: Get Stories: The Path of Destinies for Free May 12, 2018, 17:08 Parallax Abstraction

I did a first impressions video of this back when it was new.

It's an interesting game where it's cartoony but deals with dark themes of war and betrayal. You end up playing the same story over many times but each time, you can unlock additional choices and places to visit. Ultimately, your goal is to make the best decisions to get the best ending.

The combat's nothing innovative but it's a really neat approach to story telling. I never finished it but did play it quite a bit after recording the video.

The devs made this free to drum up hype for the next game, Oversight, which comes out in the next week. Planning to stream it and probably do a video of that too. This was worth checking out for real money and for free, it's a no brainer.

Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Steam Survey Win7 Error Fixed
3. Re: Steam Survey Win7 Error Fixed May 5, 2018, 22:35 Parallax Abstraction

Yeah, because Valve has to give a damn about that.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > GeForce 1060 Hotfix
2. Re: GeForce 1060 Hotfix May 4, 2018, 11:36 Parallax Abstraction

Given that this was only happening with this specific version of this driver, it's more of an NVIDIA problem I'd say.

People still love to go on about how buggy AMD drivers are but in the last year, the number of driver flubs NVIDIA's made (including that one version that bricked a bunch of cards by turning their fans off) is incredible. But NVIDIA seems to get away with murder these days (said as a 1080 owner.)

Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 27, 2018, 10:58 Parallax Abstraction

Good. They're terrible routers. Need an application to manage, weak radios and they're garbage to use for gaming because you'll almost always have strict NAT with them. Good riddance. Any number of cheaper routers are substantially better.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Comments on Steam User Reviews Disabled by Default
10. Re: Comments on Steam User Reviews Disabled by Default Apr 26, 2018, 12:17 Parallax Abstraction

Such a nuanced, productive comment.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 24, 2018, 13:05 Parallax Abstraction

I'll be streaming that game on day one for sure. David Cage games often become train wrecks in spots but they're always fascinating train wrecks that no one else does. I'm looking forward to it.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 24, 2018, 12:44 Parallax Abstraction

Given how he's mismanged nearly every project Double Fine has had, to the point where they have to rely on crowdfunding because no publisher will work with them, and then have constantly mismanaged the crowdfunded projects too, I'd say there are a number of times when his career in games should have been over by now. And I say that as a huge fan of Schafer's previous work, pretty much up until Double Fine's crowdfunding era. I'm one of the suckers who put down $100 towards the train wreck that was Broken Age.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Darwin Project Goes Free-to-Play
5. Re: Darwin Project Goes Free-to-Play Apr 22, 2018, 00:04 Parallax Abstraction

Given that it started development well before Fortnite's BR mode was even announced, no, not at all. And given that Fortnite blatantly ripped off PUBF (right down to the timing), not exactly the best comparison.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
4. Re: Saturday Consolidation Apr 14, 2018, 22:53 Parallax Abstraction

It AtGames is so much as 1% involved in this project, run far, far away from it.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Steam Spy Ending Due to Steam Privacy Changes
1. Re: Steam Spy Ending Due to Steam Privacy Changes Apr 11, 2018, 10:32 Parallax Abstraction

So in addition to having a horrible to use web site, a marketplace full of shovelware and scams that makes discoverability impossible and is killing indies, with some of the worst customer support in the entire games industry, Valve has now destroyed the ability for the tools that gave a modicum of transparency into their black box to function. They could have worked on a private API to allow these places to work but didn't. It's almost like they're trying to hide away information that the big AAA publishers (who made up like 90% of Steam's revenue last year) keep trying to hide from the public.

"Our lord and saviour GabeN" is NOT your friend and never has been. Valve is in this for the money, the same as any AAA publisher people love to hate.

Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 11, 2018, 09:14 Parallax Abstraction

"Buy 4 in a RAID bundle, get 10,000 shares in the company!"  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Radical Heights Launched
13. Re: Radical Heights Launched Apr 10, 2018, 22:57 Parallax Abstraction

If this is that rank on Twitch tomorrow, I'll be amazed.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Evening Previews
2. Re: Evening Previews Apr 10, 2018, 22:51 Parallax Abstraction

Making it vertically oriented would actually be a really cool concept. If they did that, I might be interested.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 and 2 in July
3. Re: Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 and 2 in July Apr 10, 2018, 22:48 Parallax Abstraction

I'm very much looking forward to this one. I can understand those who want something new in it but a properly emulated collection is great for me.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > WBIE Hits on HITMAN
4. No subject Apr 4, 2018, 12:18 Parallax Abstraction

MT Silver wrote on Apr 4, 2018, 11:04:
Damn. I was really hoping they'd go independent from now on, since reacquiring the rights from Square.

They are independent. Warner didn't buy them, they're just putting the HITMAN games on store shelves, since that's basically impossible to do as an independent studio. IO is still independently owned and still owns HITMAN. Publishing relationship != acquisition.

Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Star Control Wars
11. Re: Star Control Wars Mar 23, 2018, 12:32 Parallax Abstraction

It's their creation but it's not their property, that's the key difference and the one that's legally important.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Star Control Wars
4. Re: Star Control Wars Mar 23, 2018, 00:03 Parallax Abstraction

jdreyer wrote on Mar 22, 2018, 19:02:
I dunno, seems like Stardock has been pretty reasonable from everything I have read.

From what I've read, Paul and Fred were getting paid royalties from the sales of SC1 and 2 on GOG and had given Stardock their blessing to make a new Star Control game (even though they don't own it any more), as long as they didn't use the original races and ship designs. Stardock agreed to this, also blessing Paul and Fred to make their own game and went on their way, then all of a sudden, Paul and Fred claimed they owned Star Control and Stardock suddenly had no rights to it and they DMCA'd the original games on GOG, even though they legally had no rights to them and even though they were still getting paid for them. And then they started writing those conspiracy theory blogs about Stardock being nefarious. Stardock only lawyered up when the DMCA was invoked, because they had to.

Not a fan of everything Brad Wardell does and honestly, I was super stoked for both the Stardock and Paul and Fred versions of Star Control as Star Control II is my favourite game of all-time. But in this case, Paul and Fred just seem to be out to lunch and someone has planted an idea in their head that if they can just make a big enough stink, they'll somehow just get the IP back.

Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Ataribox is Atari VCS
8. Re: Ataribox is Atari VCS Mar 19, 2018, 23:39 Parallax Abstraction

Modern Atari is little more than a ponzi scheme, trying desperately to find something stupid investors will throw their money behind. If this thing even comes out, it'll be a joke. I love modern retro systems but I'm not going anywhere near this thing.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Surviving Mars Begins
10. No subject Mar 16, 2018, 10:07 Parallax Abstraction

I stream multiple times a week over on Mixer. Here's the VoD from my Surviving Mars stream.

Also, I completely agree that the game is seriously lacking a good tutorial. My chat was helping me figure a lot of stuff out.

Parallax Abstraction

3549 Comments. 178 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo