Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jedi

Real Name Jedi   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname JediPunisher
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 3, 2002, 22:42
Total Comments 361 (Amateur)
User ID 13530

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > Marvel Ultimate Alliance Ports Criticized
18. Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliance Ports Criticized Jul 27, 2016, 17:03 JediPunisher

I enjoyed Marvel Ultimate Alliance on the 360.
It's sad that the PC port is a mess, but if you want to play console games, you should buy a console.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization VI Preorder Bonus
2. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization VI Preorder Bonus Jul 21, 2016, 21:45 JediPunisher

Whoop Dee Doo! Woohoo The Aztecs FREE for my preorder! W00t

Of course, the Aztecs were a standard civilization in every previous Civ game... and on day one without a preorder.
I had already planned on preordering Civ6 (I've played them all), but this crap is making me think twice... What other standard civilizations are not included in the base game? Why not release a new civilization as a bonus... the Atlanteans perhaps?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 25, 2016, 23:36 JediPunisher

*must resist tasteless joke about robots jumping and 8-inch floppies*  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
10. Re: Morning Interviews May 3, 2016, 17:13 JediPunisher

Beamer wrote on May 3, 2016, 16:21:
JediPunisher wrote on May 3, 2016, 15:58:
I wouldn't mind another WWII CoD.
Even better, a time traveling CoD. One minute we're playing with muskets, pistols and sabers... the next with WWII rifles and SMGs... modern assault rifles... even blasters and plasma-sabers.

How about where you're fighting WW2 with blasters and plasma sabers. Not like in recent Wolfensteins with alt-history, but you have those weapons and no one else does.

And in MP, for every prestige you could pick a modern or future weapon to keep throughout history.
Sorry newb, your single shot musket is no match for my blaster rifle.

But honestly, I think I'd be satisfied with 10 seconds of ghosting to avoid being spawn shot.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
5. Re: Morning Interviews May 3, 2016, 15:58 JediPunisher

I wouldn't mind another WWII CoD.
Even better, a time traveling CoD. One minute we're playing with muskets, pistols and sabers... the next with WWII rifles and SMGs... modern assault rifles... even blasters and plasma-sabers.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 3, 2016, 15:35 JediPunisher

I triple boot Windows 10, Windows 7, and XP...
I use Windows 7 daily, and only boot Win10 or XP when I have to.
IMHO Windows 7 > 10 > XP > 8

News Comments > Quantum Break PC Issues
19. Re: Quantum Break PC Issues Apr 8, 2016, 14:07 JediPunisher

As I've said many times...
It's best to play console games on a console, and PC games on a PC.

As a long time PC gamer, I used to spend thousands to keep my PC at the top of the performance heap... but it's just not worth it anymore.
Between the XBone and Windows 10, we can all thank Microsh!t for killing gaming on the PC.

News Comments > Day of the Tentacle Remastered Released
18. Re: Day of the Tentacle Remastered Released Mar 22, 2016, 16:05 JediPunisher

I remember this as a fun game, although I'm a little foggy on the details... it was obviously inspired by the movie Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.
I wouldn't mind playing it again, but I'll wait for a sale on this remastered edition.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
11. Re: Sunday Consolidation Mar 7, 2016, 16:22 JediPunisher

YES, you should upgrade your XB1 with a SSD or at least an SSHD!

I have both a 1TB Seagate SSHD and a 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD on my XBone... When I first installed the SSHD I did a few load tests, here are some examples: GTAV SP = 106s --> 61; MGSV:TPP = 102s --> 79s; Forza6 Menu = 48s --> 30s, Monza Short 23.5s --> 17s
I misplaced my SSD benchmarks, but it is noticeably faster than the SSHD. On average, games load in half the time on the SSD versus the stock drive.

But there's another important reason for an SSHD or SSD upgrade... Open world games such as GTAV and Fallout 4 run with fewer framerate hiccups and less texture pop-in due to faster texture streaming. Happy

Important: MOVE your games to the external drive... If you copy them, it can actually slow load times as the XB1 appears to read and verify both copies.

This comment was edited on Mar 7, 2016, 16:39.

News Comments > PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Rises
18. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Rises Jan 28, 2016, 15:05 JediPunisher

Tumbler wrote on Jan 28, 2016, 13:54:
I was shocked how many podcasts I heard praise this game in the game of the year choices. I have a very hard time believing it can stand beside games like MGS V, witcher 3, and others.

I remain highly skeptical.

I'm currently playing Rise of the Tomb Raider on the XB1 (about 2/3 complete) and while it's no Witcher 3 or MGSV, it is the best Tomb Raider I've ever played. It is more open world than the last game and has upgradable weapons and equipment including bows with fire/poison/exp arrows, pistols, rifles, shotguns, etc. This game feels as much like FarCry as Tomb Raider and is fairly lengthy... well worth $60. Also, actress Camilla Luddington does an excellent job as Lara Croft.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
4. Re: Saturday Previews Jan 9, 2016, 22:57 JediPunisher

...you get your hands on the controller. I played the PC port...
Corrected Wiseguy

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Update Next Week
5. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Update Next Week Dec 11, 2015, 17:47 JediPunisher

I'm still waiting for the single player Hot Coffee DLC.  

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Deluxe Edition
8. Re: Far Cry Primal Deluxe Edition Dec 5, 2015, 11:28 JediPunisher

UbiBlog has details on a Far Cry Primal Deluxe Edition, and just what will make this version of their upcoming first person melee game so darned deluxe...
Corrected.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 4, 2015, 14:50 JediPunisher

Snake may not can travel by magic balloon, but he can ship himself from place to place in a cardboard box... Which isn't stupid at all. Rolleyes2  

News Comments > No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support
15. Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 19, 2015, 22:22 JediPunisher

This is sad... Arkham Knight is a fantastic game, the best of the Batman:Arkham series, and deserves better.
After WBIE released the half-assed PC port, I picked up the Xbox One version and had absolutely no issues, other than it being 900p/30fps.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 4K Trailer
9. Re: Just Cause 3 4K Trailer Nov 18, 2015, 14:36 JediPunisher

Looking forward to playing this in 4K on my XBone! Winkrazz  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One
88. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 16:41 JediPunisher

We should ignore ALL user reviews of any game (positive or negative) until a few days after release. It would be great if a site such as Metacritic offered a way to filter out early reviews, or provide a graph of positive/mixed/negative versus time. Between the paid reviews and the haters who don't even own the game, the overall user score is not to be trusted for at least a week or two after release.

Can anyone really judge a 300+ hour game like Fallout4 in 2 hours of gameplay? It seems plenty of people on Metacritic can... 129 ZERO star user reviews on the first day of release, with that number declining significantly each day thereafter: 129, 83, 35, 20,

News Comments > Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access
68. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 14, 2015, 14:54 JediPunisher

Well, I,m afraid there will be 1 million disappointed backers when this game is finally released. The truth is Chris will never have to enough money to finish his game, but he'll have plenty of cash for those perfect 10 review scores.  

News Comments > Need for Speed PC Needs More Time
18. Re: Need for Speed PC Needs More Time Sep 15, 2015, 17:02 JediPunisher

InBlack wrote on Sep 15, 2015, 03:26:
Need for Speed 2 was the last good NFS game. 'Nuff said.

Agreed! But back then it was still a PC game. I played the 3D accelerated version of N4S2SE and it was so good that I bought one of those expensive Trustmaster racing wheels. I remember the cars handled very well, less arcady... but the series was all downhill from there.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 14, 2015, 18:36 JediPunisher

The truth is, the Kinect failed because the Wii simply works better.
Not to mention that hardcore gamers look at it and scoff.

361 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo