Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Martin Jordan

Real Name Martin Jordan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Leiawen
Email casharelle@yahoo.com
ICQ None given.
Description I am a married 26 y/o 3DSMAX artist living in the UK. I've left the Morrowind community now due to a huge lack of time, and I spend most of my free time playing Tribes 2 and Neverwinter Nights.
Homepage http://www.angelfire.com/co/juicytriangle
Signed On Jun 12, 2002, 17:57
Total Comments 64 (Suspect)
User ID 13337

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Still More Legal Fallout
8. Re: Still More Legal Fallout Nov 12, 2009, 07:49 Leiawen

You can jump in Fallout 3...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More on Hellgate Multiplayer
41. No subject May 10, 2007, 22:26 Leiawen

Well, I hate this particular idea for a subscription model and I agree that it will totally segregate the community.

Myself and about 5 friends were planning on picking up Hellgate to play together multiplayer. Now we're going to vote with our wallets. Say goodbye to your potential $300, Mr. Roper - I'm sure there are others out there who will be making the same decision.

This comment was edited on May 10, 22:26.

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations II: Dark Avatar Patch
2. Re: I still need to buy this Mar 2, 2007, 09:09 Leiawen

I highly recommend it. This is such a well balanced and deep 4X game, and Stardock is a shining example of a development studio that knows how and when to listen to the fan community. (And when not to)

Not to mention that the AI in this game is just...brutally smart. Without cheating on its economy or its detection abilities.

News Comments > Source Engine Patches
8. Ads Apr 19, 2006, 22:49 Leiawen

Blue, put up a donation link. I've been reading this site since...god...since I was in college. Since before I was married 7 years ago. Since I was a kid. Let me send you $$$ in thanks for all the news.

News Comments > D&D Online Add-on
20. No subject Mar 14, 2006, 15:55 Leiawen

I would like to play this game, its just that it boggles my mind that it has a monthly fee in the light of non-subscription games like Guild Wars.

In all seriousness, what does DDO offer that GW does not, since as I understand it both are basically heavily instanced mission areas linked by graphical lobbys.

And is it true that there are no real outdoor areas?

News Comments > X3 Demo Hotfix
16. Re: No subject Mar 11, 2006, 23:43 Leiawen

"And when all pc games have copy protection will you no longer be a pc gamer?"

If they all came with Starforce, yes. I would not buy any more PC games.

As a consumer the only power I have is to buy, or not buy. I choose not to support this insecure, rootkit-laden software. Whether it breaks my system or not is not relevant. Its a rootkit. It has low level access to my system that NO SOFTWARE SHOULD EVER HAVE, barring device drivers.

"DRM is gonna be/is everywhere, music, movies, HD, games... I dont like it but thats the way it is."

You don't like it? So stop supporting it by buying it, and even worse, defending it on a public forum.

News Comments > SpellForce 2 Demo
72. No subject Mar 9, 2006, 20:29 Leiawen

I don't care if Starforce breaks my PC or not. No publisher is going to install a rootkit on my PC just because I may or may not be a software pirate. I will not tolerate such blatantly invasive and potentially exploitable software on a system that I find increasingly difficult to secure.

They will get no money from me.

News Comments > X3: Reunion Playable Demo
11. No subject Mar 8, 2006, 20:47 Leiawen

Fuck Egosoft and Enlight. I won't be purchasing any of their software until they stop with the Starforce bullshit.

I mean...haven't they heard of Daemon Tools? This shit does nothing except hurt legit users. *sigh*

News Comments > More on TRIBES Rumors
14. Re: How active is the T1/T2 community no Feb 19, 2006, 16:23 Leiawen

Tribes has a very active community. You'll find more T2 than T1 servers, but there are still full servers every night.

The Tribes community is one of the most loyal, rabid and insane that I have ever known.

This comment was edited on Feb 19, 16:23.

News Comments > UFO: Aftershock Demo
23. No subject Oct 14, 2005, 21:59 Leiawen

Its already gone gold. This is probably as good as it gets.
Sounds like this has many of the same problems as Aftermath. Weak sound, weak AI, etc.

I started playing the original X-Com again today. That game still kicks my ass. I just wish it had updated graphics. Hell, they don't even have to be 3D...

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - EQ2: The Splitpaw Saga
1. Once more... Jun 29, 2005, 23:08 Leiawen

Once more the vast money-making machine that is SOE puts out another paid expansion.

Ugh. I spent so much money on EQ years ago that it sickens me to think about it. Looking back I can see the whole thing was designed as a huge time sink.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dungeon Lords
1. Any word? May 5, 2005, 00:01 Leiawen

Any word on how good this is?

I was looking forward to it a lot but I was put off by the awful demo. Combat felt awful...too floaty, no weight to the attacks and the like.

News Comments > EverQuest II Add-ons Announced
1. Hmmm May 4, 2005, 23:58 Leiawen

And so the relentless tide of expansions continues. As if $15 per month wasn't enough.

Pity SOE don't take some of the staff they have working on all this money-making crap for EQ2 and put them to work elsewhere...like fixing the nightmare that is Star Wars Galaxies.

News Comments > RCT3: Soaked! Announced
5. Re: No subject Feb 7, 2005, 15:05 Leiawen

I really enjoyed playing it. I like the controls and it ran smooth as butter on my rig. (2500+ Barton, 9800 XT, 1gb Corsair RAM)

I doubt I'd pick up an expansion though, there was more than enough to keep me occupied in the basic retail game.

News Comments > EQ2 Adventure Pack
1. Here we go... Jan 7, 2005, 10:06 Leiawen

Here we go...the inevitable tide of expansions begins.

How is EQ2 doing, anyway? Whats its current subscriber base? I heard it wasn't doing so well...

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Garry's Mod
8. Re: Great fun with this mod! Jan 6, 2005, 09:50 Leiawen

Well, I've made 3 now...One is a simple fighter type thing that you sit in a 3/4 enclosed section and steer with the manipulator gun. There are two engines on the rear.

http://www.leiawen.net/fly1.jpg
http://www.leiawen.net/fly3.jpg

The second is a modification of the airboat. That flies really well, but is kind of cheating.

http://www.leiawen.net/airboat1.jpg
http://www.leiawen.net/airboat2.jpg

The third one is my current experiment. The flatform is supported by 5 engines that provide lift. Steering is acheived by the arm in the center of the platform - its attached to a wheel pivot that has 2 jets on it. The jets provide lateral thrust and the player changes the direction by pushing the arm around. This one flies pretty well.

http://www.leiawen.net/platform.jpg

Best...mod...ever...

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Garry's Mod
2. Re: Great fun with this mod! Jan 6, 2005, 00:42 Leiawen

I've spent most of the day making weird ass contraptions with this mod. Finally made my first fully controlable flying machine...She flies like a pig though.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Demo
36. Great Demo, but... Dec 20, 2004, 21:42 Leiawen

Great demo, I'll probably pick up HL2 now. On one condition:

T-t-t-that-t-t th-th-they-ey-ey-ey f-fix th-the-he st-st-st-stuttering sound and framerate problems.

News Comments > Children of the Nile Demo
3. Re: yeah Nov 19, 2004, 09:59 Leiawen

Its pretty good. My wife was a closed Beta tester and the game has come a long way in the past few months.
Its just your average city building game with a bit of warfare thrown in, much like the old Impressions games of old. (Like Pharoah, Zeus, etc)
I believe the same developers are responsible; Tilted Mill is their new company.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - EverQuest II
14. Re: General Question.... Nov 8, 2004, 13:48 Leiawen

I felt slighted.

Thats why I cancelled my EQ account after realising I'd spent in excess of $200 on a game where I spent a great deal of time sat on the ground looking at my spellbook.

Its for this reason I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of Guild Wars.

64 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo