Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xil

Real Name Xil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Xil
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 29, 2002, 19:42
Total Comments 462 (Amateur)
User ID 12935

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2016, 11:51 Xil

Naa today is Iceland day, man where they happy to have won last night  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 28, 2016, 11:50 Xil

Because every terrorist keeps a detailed account on twitter:

Thank you @TerroristPalls for the explosives, crossing the border in 2 days #BlowUpStuff

Its just another way for big brother to increase it's profile on normal people

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Mark Zuckerberg tapes up his webcam Jun 22, 2016, 11:47 Xil

Well if he is so privacy minded he should cancel his facebook account too.  

News Comments > PlanetSide 1 and Legends of Norrath Closing
6. Re: PlanetSide 1 and Legends of Norrath Closing Jun 18, 2016, 00:40 Xil

Rigs wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 23:17:
So, for someone that's just recently gotten into RPG's in a major way (was always a sim/strategy/wargamer), would you recommend Evercrac...I mean, Everquest? I know it's old, I know it's history. I was around when it started but never felt much need to play it until I got onto this RPG kick last year (helped by Fallout4, Wasteland2, DwarfFortress, The Witcher3 et al.) but seeing how it IS an older game and seemingly legendary in it's genre, I thought maybe I'd jump in to see what it was all about while I still had the chance. Curiously enough, I was interested and signed up for the Everquest Landmark thing which apparently bit the dust. And for some reason, I have absolutely no urge to play WoW whatsoever. Medieval setting with magic, fine. Fantasy setting with medieval and magic on-top, not quite my cup of tea. I tend to go with the more 'realistic' of the fantasy types. If that makes any sense...I guess it stems from my 'Realist' roots, I can't get my mind to just forget the fact that anthropomorphic ninja pandas are a thing and just go with it... *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

To get the best experience in EQ you need to group, yes yes some classes can solo some stuff but tbh grouping is a must and that takes time... as does the grinding so exp and for rare drops, so be prepared to put a lot of time into the game

But yes the memories will never be replaced, trying to get a part of your rogue epic in Plane of Hate (at lvl 50 as it was back then) is an experience I will never forget

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine This Month?
1. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine This Month? May 9, 2016, 10:32 Xil

Sooooo looking forward to this  

News Comments > DOOM @ 200 FPS Under Vulkan
4. Re: DOOM @ 200 FPS Under Vulkan May 9, 2016, 10:28 Xil

yuastnav wrote on May 9, 2016, 10:25:
What I actually really want to see is other developers embrace the Vulkan API because this could lead us away from the Direct3D monopoly. I don't know how easy or how difficult it is to code for it, I just hope that people don't skim over it because it's so low-level.
Would be nice to see more big budget games on Linux, you know.

What I understand is that it's as low level as DX12 but it's not platform specific.

News Comments > Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Paused
14. Re: Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Paused Apr 29, 2016, 11:46 Xil

Jamil20 wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 10:31:
Do people get their money back?

on a KS the money only gets taken from your creditcard the at the end of the kickstarter and IF it reached its goal. In this case neither of the 2 will happen

ps: some indiegogo projects (or all, am not sure) these limits do not exists and you pay the moment you donate

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2016, 11:57 Xil

Congratulations !  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 27, 2016, 11:51 Xil

nin wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 10:41:
My God-Awful Year With the Apple Watch.

I can't help but think that wound was self inflicted?

no no no !! peer pressure, he had to !!... aaaah nm its a apple watch, yup self inflicted

News Comments > Dark Souls III Sales Record
4. Re: Dark Souls III Sales Record Apr 18, 2016, 11:42 Xil

Love it, simple as that. I don't feel its as hard as DS or DS1 or maybe I got better at it, who knows, but having a blast as it is  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 6, 2016, 12:21 Xil

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 6, 2016, 11:30:
Powerusers do not use Chromium...

none the less I feel they made a good browser, it will cater for many of the old Opera 12.x users.

News Comments > Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die
95. Re: Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die Mar 5, 2016, 02:01 Xil

I sort of stopped reading after 3 pages here, but there seem to be some questions about steamOS, maybe its been answered in the other 4 pages but if not here goes.

SteamOS is nothing more then a Linux distro which has Steam auto starting in big picture mode. It does handle closed drivers a bit easier out of the box then most of the Linux distro's

You can also easly install Steam on Linux like you can on windows. In my case am running OpenSuSe tumbleweed with steam installed.

So you have a choice, download SteamOS iso and install that on your pc, which will turn it into a Linux distro focused on Steam.

Or you download any other Linux iso and install that on your machine and you turn it into a Linux distro which is more general (with libre office and the desktop of your choice like KDE or Gnome, etc. etc) and you install Steam on it.

News Comments > Psychonauts 2 Funded
7. Re: Psychonauts 2 Funded Jan 7, 2016, 08:42 Xil

Cpmartins wrote on Jan 7, 2016, 03:49:
Gaming journalism, by non-gaming journalists
Enough fucking said I say.

Saw that a while ago, its does not really change the fact the game is funded and if that funding is enough or not.

However it does make you think twice (or even more often I hope) about Fig and what it sort of promesses

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition for Linux & OS X
16. Re: Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition for Linux & OS X Dec 25, 2015, 04:38 Xil

WaltC wrote on Dec 24, 2015, 15:47:
I can't understand why anyone with more than a purely casual, take-it-or-leave it attitude about games would voluntarily confine himself to OS X or a Linux distro.

I kicked Windows out of the house about 6 years ago and been running opensuse on all systems at home.

As a gamer I have to agree it was difficult but often I get pretty far using Wine and I come to live with the fact that big AAA games simply won't come out and thus I get them on the PS4 if I really want them.

I got to admit I also no longer have the erge -like when I was younger- to get every game when it comes out so I had no big issue waiting for DoS. I got 304 Linux games under Steam out of the 442 in total I have on Steam. They all run and I do wonder if those 140 windows only once still work under windows 10 as they where all bought in the WinXP era. So personally I don't see any need to go back to windows.

Not sure why you mention second-rate ports, DoS what this thread is about is far from that and I am pretty sure I got the same experience you got, albeit a bit later. But in general there are bad ports, but you learn to avoid them quite easly

As for the GPU drivers, the Nvidia drivers are pretty damn good under linux as they share a big code base with the windows drivers, with Vulkan around the corner it will only get better.

For none game-ing people its a lot easier, if I look at my mother (78) she is running it on her laptop and browses/email/libre office away like she does not know any better, she loved KDE5, prints via Wifi to her HP5520 and I see no issue there to ever install windows there either.

So to each it's own I guess, like you can't understand why people would game under linux I can't understand why people are windows fanboys, but hey such is life.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 23, 2015, 11:37 Xil

The Juniper VPN backdoor- Buggy code with a dose of shady NSA crypto.

best case against government backdoors ever

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 11, 2015, 11:36 Xil

ldonyo wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 09:46:
James Comey is an idiot. It doesn't matter what you call them or what they look like, back doors are back doors. If they are present, the FBI won't be the only ones that use them. Hell, they won't be the first ones to use them and the black hats that do will probably be able to keep the FBI out for good. This whole idea is just plain bad.

Governments and Terrorist both use fear to push their agenda thru.
Each time something bad happens and the general population is in shock there are people on government levels will go "we can ride this wave...." /sad

News Comments > Thanksgiving Consolidation
8. Re: Thanksgiving Consolidation Nov 27, 2015, 11:54 Xil

30 mil units so far  

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Update
25. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 19, 2015, 11:52 Xil

Razumen wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 10:12:
Honestly, anyone that tries to argue that this game is a fraud is just a blatant troll at this point.

What do you call something that will never reach what was promised ?

My english is not good enough but I am sure there is a word for it.

Forget about kickstarter, forget about donations, virtual ships for 100 of dollars, simply look at what was promised, the whole list and if you got a bit of sense you know it won't all make it into the game. Sad part is they already sold all those promises to their backers.

News Comments > Styx: Shards of Darkness Announced
6. Re: Styx: Shards of Darkness Announced Oct 14, 2015, 12:16 Xil

NetHead wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 11:09:
I enjoyed the first one, it wasn't perfect but was fun and satisfied the stealth itch.

totally agree

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 7, 2015, 12:03 Xil

umm what worried me the most about that article where the comments underneath it.... is there some sort of special group of people who read the washington post or am I missing something here ?  

462 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo