Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xil

Real Name Xil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Xil
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 29, 2002, 19:42
Total Comments 471 (Amateur)
User ID 12935

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 27, 2017, 11:57 Xil

PHJF wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 10:22:
Nice, according to police the OTHER vehicle was at fault for the collision (shocking), but Uber is suspending testing because of course this will be bad publicity for autonomous cars.

Even if the other driver was at fault, its also a question of determining if a human driver in the uber car would have seen it coming and reduced speed or intervened in any other way. (and yes I know there is a driver in the uber car but I can imagine he will not be as focused on driving as a real driver).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > WWE 2K17 Released
2. Re: WWE 2K17 Released Feb 8, 2017, 11:57 Xil

upcoming payable DLC:

Playable WWE Goldberg with Blue and Red tights

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 30, 2017, 11:39 Xil

Slick wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 09:43:
I don't understand how that "game mode" article got published.

There's no system specs, no "how much other shit is running concurrently" specs... no lots of stuff that would make it a compelling article. Instead it's just: "the new feature totally sucks /article".

I'm imagining that if you're running on an already tuned gaming PC, then you're probably not going to see any improvement. However, if you're playing on a bloated system with 40 extra non-system processes running in the background, then this *might* make some difference? Especially (mostly) for RAM-starved systems.

Again, all I care about is if it affects the DPC latency, but I'll just test that myself when it comes out, lest I be seduced by the technical mastery of this article.

Well look at it from another point of view. MS has been hyping this feature as games (some site say mostly windows store games) run faster.

Now if MS would have said it gives you faster games on an old pc or on a new pc with more then 40 services running then I agree with you, but they did not.

Its simply a before and after on the same PC test and it turned out disappointing after all the hype about it.

News Comments > Dark Souls III Ringed City DLC in March
3. Re: Dark Souls III Ringed City DLC in March Jan 23, 2017, 12:02 Xil

Enjoyed the first DLC, so all hyped for this one  

News Comments > Windows 10 Game Mode Plans
37. Re: Windows 10 Game Mode Plans Jan 14, 2017, 06:18 Xil

Slick wrote on Jan 14, 2017, 03:28:
Xil wrote on Jan 14, 2017, 02:49:
Avus wrote on Jan 14, 2017, 02:32:
My Windows 10 already has a game mode, it is called Steam. It also has a secondary game modes they are Origin and Uplay...

What I read on other sites it seems this will only work for UWP games. So probably not your steam collection then

Source?

http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-reveals-game-mode-windows-10-xbox-one-improvements-and-more

Given the fact we know that Game Mode is a UWP feature, we previously speculated that it might be restricted to games in the Windows 10 Store.

News Comments > Windows 10 Game Mode Plans
29. Re: Windows 10 Game Mode Plans Jan 14, 2017, 02:49 Xil

Avus wrote on Jan 14, 2017, 02:32:
My Windows 10 already has a game mode, it is called Steam. It also has a secondary game modes they are Origin and Uplay...

What I read on other sites it seems this will only work for UWP games. So probably not your steam collection then

News Comments > The Dwarves Released
9. Re: The Dwarves Released Dec 2, 2016, 11:57 Xil

I am enjoying it a lot, but then not sure if we got the same taste  

News Comments > Windows 10 Adds Offline Gaming
27. Re: Windows 10 Adds Offline Gaming Oct 30, 2016, 03:03 Xil

Cutter wrote on Oct 29, 2016, 14:23:
Agreed. What I'd really like to do at this point is swtich to Linux for general OS work stuff and SteamOS for games and kick MS to the fucking curb entirely.

There is no real reason that your not being able to do that.

There are plenty of flavors of Linux and the different desktops, but if your switching from Windows then I would recommend KDE as that is the closest to windows compared to Gnome or Unity.

My personal favorite is opensuse with KDE, but choose as you please, from ubuntu with unity to fedora with gnome, its all free and all testable in a virutalbox on your windows install

News Comments > Dark Souls III: Ashes of Ariandel in October
1. Re: Dark Souls III: Ashes of Ariandel in October Aug 24, 2016, 11:53 Xil

Droooooool  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2016, 11:51 Xil

Naa today is Iceland day, man where they happy to have won last night  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 28, 2016, 11:50 Xil

Because every terrorist keeps a detailed account on twitter:

Thank you @TerroristPalls for the explosives, crossing the border in 2 days #BlowUpStuff

Its just another way for big brother to increase it's profile on normal people

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Mark Zuckerberg tapes up his webcam Jun 22, 2016, 11:47 Xil

Well if he is so privacy minded he should cancel his facebook account too.  

News Comments > PlanetSide 1 and Legends of Norrath Closing
6. Re: PlanetSide 1 and Legends of Norrath Closing Jun 18, 2016, 00:40 Xil

Rigs wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 23:17:
So, for someone that's just recently gotten into RPG's in a major way (was always a sim/strategy/wargamer), would you recommend Evercrac...I mean, Everquest? I know it's old, I know it's history. I was around when it started but never felt much need to play it until I got onto this RPG kick last year (helped by Fallout4, Wasteland2, DwarfFortress, The Witcher3 et al.) but seeing how it IS an older game and seemingly legendary in it's genre, I thought maybe I'd jump in to see what it was all about while I still had the chance. Curiously enough, I was interested and signed up for the Everquest Landmark thing which apparently bit the dust. And for some reason, I have absolutely no urge to play WoW whatsoever. Medieval setting with magic, fine. Fantasy setting with medieval and magic on-top, not quite my cup of tea. I tend to go with the more 'realistic' of the fantasy types. If that makes any sense...I guess it stems from my 'Realist' roots, I can't get my mind to just forget the fact that anthropomorphic ninja pandas are a thing and just go with it... *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

To get the best experience in EQ you need to group, yes yes some classes can solo some stuff but tbh grouping is a must and that takes time... as does the grinding so exp and for rare drops, so be prepared to put a lot of time into the game

But yes the memories will never be replaced, trying to get a part of your rogue epic in Plane of Hate (at lvl 50 as it was back then) is an experience I will never forget

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine This Month?
1. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine This Month? May 9, 2016, 10:32 Xil

Sooooo looking forward to this  

News Comments > DOOM @ 200 FPS Under Vulkan
4. Re: DOOM @ 200 FPS Under Vulkan May 9, 2016, 10:28 Xil

yuastnav wrote on May 9, 2016, 10:25:
What I actually really want to see is other developers embrace the Vulkan API because this could lead us away from the Direct3D monopoly. I don't know how easy or how difficult it is to code for it, I just hope that people don't skim over it because it's so low-level.
Would be nice to see more big budget games on Linux, you know.

What I understand is that it's as low level as DX12 but it's not platform specific.

News Comments > Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Paused
14. Re: Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Paused Apr 29, 2016, 11:46 Xil

Jamil20 wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 10:31:
Do people get their money back?

on a KS the money only gets taken from your creditcard the at the end of the kickstarter and IF it reached its goal. In this case neither of the 2 will happen

ps: some indiegogo projects (or all, am not sure) these limits do not exists and you pay the moment you donate

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2016, 11:57 Xil

Congratulations !  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 27, 2016, 11:51 Xil

nin wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 10:41:
My God-Awful Year With the Apple Watch.

I can't help but think that wound was self inflicted?

no no no !! peer pressure, he had to !!... aaaah nm its a apple watch, yup self inflicted

News Comments > Dark Souls III Sales Record
4. Re: Dark Souls III Sales Record Apr 18, 2016, 11:42 Xil

Love it, simple as that. I don't feel its as hard as DS or DS1 or maybe I got better at it, who knows, but having a blast as it is  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 6, 2016, 12:21 Xil

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 6, 2016, 11:30:
Powerusers do not use Chromium...

none the less I feel they made a good browser, it will cater for many of the old Opera 12.x users.

471 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo