Kxmode wrote on Dec 30, 2019, 22:27:Thats my opinion. And I can back it up too, if you asked instead of trying to start another flame war.Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 30, 2019, 19:17:
Still havent played The Witcher 3.
Took my sweet time with part 2 as well.
I even watched the Witcher series, but I still dont feel a bigger urge to play it.
Probably because the series isnt that great.
The folks at data company Parrot Analytics beg to differ. That's the problem with people named "Beaver" on this site. Facts and numbers don't supersede truthiness and bias.
NKD wrote on Dec 27, 2019, 12:27:Whats that called? Preemptive trolling?
Reeeee how dare they release free games. By downloading free games from Epic you're (somehow) funding their stupid exclusives scheme. I'm not sure how that works, but I've been assured by TOP. MEN. that accepting free games from Epic is equivalent to looking the other way while your neighbors are hauled off to an internment camp.
You IMMORAL MONSTERS!!!
Creston wrote on Dec 26, 2019, 13:22:Dont forget the horrible horrible controls, which havent seen any improvement since GTA 5, actually have become worse in many ways.
I can see a lot of reasons why it's not super popular on PC.
1) A YEAR delay between console and PC versions, with Rockstar playing their pathetic refusing to acknowledge it game.
2) Weird EGS/Rockstar Launcher only availability at launch. Apparently when you're a studio that makes billions of dollars, you still get swayed by Tim's exclusivity money.
3) Poor state of the port at launch, and overall hefty PC requirements to get it to run well.
4) It's 100% exactly the same game as it was on consoles, other than a lot of graphical improvements. GTA5's PC release came with higher traffic density, higher population density, a FULL first person mode, etc, and it went from the shitty console era to the PC. On the flipside, the game is exactly the same on PS4/Xbone vs PC, barring that it looks a lot better. So there's probably not a lot of people double dipping.
5) Red Dead Online is just boring. I started it up once, and after an hour and a half I was still in the fucking tutorial, in the desert, with (for whatever dumbass reason) this major sandstorm going on, so it was like playing the old Turok game where three feet away from you there was fog everywhere.
400K copies on EGS, probably double that on R* launcher, another few hundred thousand on Steam, and you've got 1.5 million copies sold. Not great, but I'm not really sure what they were expecting.
jdreyer wrote on Dec 26, 2019, 14:46:Duh.Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 26, 2019, 12:56:
Now I just have to figure out why Windows always spins up my external HDD all the time, 20 times a day.
Because that's where you store your pr0n, and your computer is addicted to it.
jdreyer wrote on Dec 25, 2019, 15:05:Because 7 years and HL2 engine.Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 25, 2019, 05:03:chickenboo wrote on Dec 24, 2019, 14:09:It was darn good 7 years ago. But is it still?
I'm planning on performing a complete new playthrough since this remaster is so darn good!
Why wouldn't it be? It's an amazing story with awesome enemies and weapons.
Just replayed the original Crysis, and it was still awesome.
wrlwnd wrote on Dec 23, 2019, 11:55:Their low customer base would probably get too obvious when you want to check for reviews but nobody wrote one.
Too bad we have to go to Steam to see if it's any good. I guess having a review system is too hard to do in (almost) 2020.