Total Posts
3071 (Veteran)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

3071 Comments. 154 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    154  ] Older

Re: Evening Tech Bits
Sep 1, 2020, 04:20
Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 1, 2020, 04:20
Sep 1, 2020, 04:20

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 31, 2020, 20:49:
Phison is kicking ass and taking names.
read speeds up to 7000 MB/s and write up to 6850 MB/s
That’s starting to embarrass my WD Velociraptor 10,000 RPM drive.
Meh. As a normal user you dont need nor notice those speeds, unless you have 2+ of them and move big files from one to the other all day long.
Whats really interesting is the 4K performance. And that isnt known yet.
I have given up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

9th Gen Intel CPUs Go on Sale for Gamer Days
Sep 1, 2020, 04:18
9th Gen Intel CPUs Go on Sale for Gamer Days Sep 1, 2020, 04:18
Sep 1, 2020, 04:18

Still a worse deal than comparable 10th generation CPUs.
I have given up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

Re: DOOM Eternal - The Ancient Gods, Part One a Standalone Expansion
Aug 30, 2020, 10:07
Re: DOOM Eternal - The Ancient Gods, Part One a Standalone Expansion Aug 30, 2020, 10:07
Aug 30, 2020, 10:07

Razumen wrote on Aug 30, 2020, 04:18:
SirKnight wrote on Aug 29, 2020, 22:32:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 29, 2020, 20:51:
I liked the 2016 DOOM quite a bit, finished it and did most of the achievements/challenges. However DOOM Eternal, I think I have like 2-3 hours in it, I'm not liking the microscopic ammo amounts and forced weapon swapping/melee kill stuff as much. Initially it seemed like a cool challenge, now it just feels annoying. I may go back to it later, trying to finish up Death Stranding right now, only I've gotten sidetracked building every possible road in the United States.

Yeah I feel the same way. Being forced to change weapons due to no ammo really killed it for me. I want to use the right weapon for the job if possible, but with Eternal that just doesn't happen. Then there's the excessive platforming which just annoyed me so bad.

I will definitely NOT be pre-ordering id's next game like I did for the past two Dooms.

It's ridiculously easy to stay topped up on ammo, they even give you recharging ammo for the chainsaw.
Not to mention the ammo limits aren't even that low. I'm convinced most people that complain about this can't aim.
I dont want to use the chainsaw for ammo all the time. I want to just shoot everything for 30 mins straight if I want to, with the weapon I want to use. Thats impossible in this game! These glory kills and and chainsaw kills get extremely boring and annoying over time (not only because their animations are always the same)! THATS the issue!

5 Simple Ways to Improve Your Wi-Fi.
Aug 25, 2020, 09:02
5 Simple Ways to Improve Your Wi-Fi. Aug 25, 2020, 09:02
Aug 25, 2020, 09:02

Use an Ethernet cable instead
Buy a new Wi-Fi router
Upgrade your internet plan

Yeah, I guess its the NYT. Nothing else to expect.

Re: Microsoft Backs Epic in Apple Dispute
Aug 24, 2020, 03:52
Re: Microsoft Backs Epic in Apple Dispute Aug 24, 2020, 03:52
Aug 24, 2020, 03:52

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 23, 2020, 23:54:
Jim wrote on Aug 23, 2020, 23:47:
Better for this fight to be fought now, rather than when apple figures out people access storefronts using safari, and since the are the ones creating safari, they should then be entitled to 30% of all storefront gross income. Yes, imagine a website having to pay a 30% markup to apple else be blocked from apple products. That is the future once apple realizes they can gouge even more.

This fight is gonna spill right over into the EU anti-trust investigation against Apple

Given the EU was already looking into the app store policies Apple is really incredibly stupid to push it this far, especially that wordpress fiasco
No, because EU courts/investigations dont work that way.

Re: Gotham Knights Announced
Aug 22, 2020, 23:33
Re: Gotham Knights Announced Aug 22, 2020, 23:33
Aug 22, 2020, 23:33

Didnt WB say they dont want to do any PC games anymore, after the Arkham Knight disaster?

Re: Morning Tech Bits
Aug 21, 2020, 01:24
Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 21, 2020, 01:24
Aug 21, 2020, 01:24

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 20, 2020, 12:27:
Interesting how just using the PCIE 4.0 spec made the AMD and Intel chips equal and how the AMD 5700XT did well against the far more expensive 2080ti.
Another nail in Intel's coffin.
What?

Re: Untitled Goose Game Adding Co-op, Coming to Steam Next Month
Aug 19, 2020, 16:58
Re: Untitled Goose Game Adding Co-op, Coming to Steam Next Month Aug 19, 2020, 16:58
Aug 19, 2020, 16:58

Could still buy it for just $6 on EGS. Not going to and if at all gonna buy it full price on Steam instead.
Not supporting exclusives.

Re: Oculus Adding Facebook Account Requirement
Aug 19, 2020, 01:44
Re: Oculus Adding Facebook Account Requirement Aug 19, 2020, 01:44
Aug 19, 2020, 01:44

Sneakycamper wrote on Aug 19, 2020, 00:13:
EUTHANIZE wrote on Aug 18, 2020, 20:42:
Guess that makes my future VR shopping a little easier.
Everyone help on this problem that Youtube is having probs atm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VaO_PnRySE
Damn, after stealing your mailboxes Trump now also hacks your PCs.

Re: Evening Tech Bits
Aug 18, 2020, 23:53
Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 18, 2020, 23:53
Aug 18, 2020, 23:53

Now they say its at $1400.
Still ridiculous.

But now I realize why there is this weird new 3090 model.
They are just redefining the designations to a step up, so they can make the top model much more expensive again, because people will think that its actually better than the 3080Ti should have been, and that the much steeper price isnt unjustified, unlike it was with the 2080Ti.
Doesnt bode well for the prices of the others either.

Re: Dead by Daylight Crossplay Begins
Aug 14, 2020, 08:45
Re: Dead by Daylight Crossplay Begins Aug 14, 2020, 08:45
Aug 14, 2020, 08:45

They think they will be able to finally fix their shitty matchmaking with this, after 4+ years?

Re: Evening Metaverse
Aug 12, 2020, 10:50
Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 12, 2020, 10:50
Aug 12, 2020, 10:50

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 12, 2020, 10:26:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 12, 2020, 10:02:
VaranDragon wrote on Aug 12, 2020, 03:18:
DukeFNukem wrote on Aug 11, 2020, 22:32:
"Facebook has removed 7 million posts for coronavirus information that wasn't aligned to their point of view". Okay, thanks. Got it. Censorship = propaganda. Facebook is now officially worthless as anything credible.

So quacks, consipiracy theorists and the like who OFTEN offer harmful opinions should get the same treatment as scientists and MDs actually working on the problem at hand?

Fuck that!

I'm sick and tired of people who think they know BETTER, after reading three fucking wikipedia articles and watching a youtube video, than people who actually went to school & university and did a lot of hard work and you know used actual scientific principles and methods as well as the actual hard work of their predecessors to form their opinions.

These egotistical morons need to get banned not only from facebook, but from every outlet of public opinion because they are even more harmful than the actual virus.
Plot twist: These "conspiracy theorists" often are scientists and doctors working on the problem at hand.

Plot twist, if you think the conspiracy theorists are 'often scientists and doctors' working on the coronavirus pandemic you are part of the extremely gullible problem with today's society. Anybody claiming masks don't help control the spread of this disease, hydroxychloroquine works, or the cherry on top, children somehow don't get sick from Covid-19, is a delusional or deliberately lying piece of shit.
Plot twist: Its not only people saying that masks dont help. Its pretty much any study and statement going against the mainstream.
Remember those 2 Californian doctors for example?
Yeah, but keep telling yourself that youre the good guys, while you act exactly like bad guys.

Re: Evening Metaverse
Aug 12, 2020, 10:02
Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 12, 2020, 10:02
Aug 12, 2020, 10:02

VaranDragon wrote on Aug 12, 2020, 03:18:
DukeFNukem wrote on Aug 11, 2020, 22:32:
"Facebook has removed 7 million posts for coronavirus information that wasn't aligned to their point of view". Okay, thanks. Got it. Censorship = propaganda. Facebook is now officially worthless as anything credible.

So quacks, consipiracy theorists and the like who OFTEN offer harmful opinions should get the same treatment as scientists and MDs actually working on the problem at hand?

Fuck that!

I'm sick and tired of people who think they know BETTER, after reading three fucking wikipedia articles and watching a youtube video, than people who actually went to school & university and did a lot of hard work and you know used actual scientific principles and methods as well as the actual hard work of their predecessors to form their opinions.

These egotistical morons need to get banned not only from facebook, but from every outlet of public opinion because they are even more harmful than the actual virus.
Plot twist: These "conspiracy theorists" often are scientists and doctors working on the problem at hand.

Re: Sunday Metaverse
Aug 10, 2020, 20:32
Re: Sunday Metaverse Aug 10, 2020, 20:32
Aug 10, 2020, 20:32

Beamer trying it again?

Sorry dude, but I was a subscriber to him for months, watched his streams every time he was on and seen hints of him abusing his dog many times live on air in tiny situations like when he was eating and the dog begged for some, or when the dog played in the background, always begging for attention. I didnt really pay much attention to it, blame it on my fandom, until I saw him putting his dog in a tiny cage in his garage every time he left the house. Yes, live on air. A really tiny cage where this big Husky could barely move in and chewed the cage every time he came into view. For sometimes many hours, because he streamed from outside his house. After that it all made sense and I instantly stopped watching and supporting him. And a few months later his (still young) dog was dead and his house mates (HIS FRIENDS, who he also often showed on stream!) actually also confirmed his abuse and how he attacked them in rage fits when they tried to help to prevent this neglect of his dog (he wouldnt let them feed him for example, and accused them that they would make him think he mistreated the dog). I watched him for months, every day he streamed. Everything that was said about him by his friends made perfect sense and fit into his character.
I didnt learn that from his ex-GF. I saw it on a news website. It was in the news and the only ones talking about it were his house mates.

And I did ignore the sexual assault claim here, because I havent even followed it much. I havent even learned about it until a few weeks ago. I saw a few conversations on twitter, with even some of his former long time friends attacking him (who also streamed and made Youtube videos with him), but I have honestly no clue about the details of what even is claimed to have happened. I dont base my opinion on Twitter conversations. But honestly, I wouldnt have much doubt he did that. Unlike you, who is still trying to get my attention, I dont care about this guy much anymore. I hear from him from time to time, especially when stuff like that happens, but I feel betrayed by him and his nice guy acting and so I try not to waste too much time thinking about him since I stopped watching him.

So, too much evidence, Mr. Cancel Culture Fake Hypocrisy Seeker.
Youre basing your assumption on your other laughable assumptions. You think I hate women and dont believe them, you think I am homophobic, you think I am, just like you (projection?), taking everything political (and no, to this date I dont know his political affiliation, he never really was political in his streams, and even if he was a liberal, I am a liberal myself - a classic one), just because you hate me and have seen a few comments from me about things that only someone who hates me could take as "evidence".
Thats why you are on ignore. You just attack me all the time because I owned you several times and exposed your disgusting hypocrisy. And now youre on a private vendetta vs me, trying to "expose" my hypocrisy all the time. But you cant really, because I am not dishonest like you and you dont even understand what hypocrisy is (as is typical with hypocrites).
I am sorry that I hurt you ego that much, but accusing me of the very things you do wont help you in any way. Your bullying fantasies are just that.

This comment was edited on Aug 10, 2020, 20:54.

Aug 10, 2020, 17:10
Re: Sunday Metaverse Aug 10, 2020, 17:10
Aug 10, 2020, 17:10

NKD wrote on Aug 10, 2020, 02:47:
They tell you exactly why you were banned when you get banned from Twitch. For someone valuable to Twitch with a lot of followers like Dr Douche, the decision to ban him probably went through a shit ton of scrutiny and had a lot of people digging for reasons NOT to ban him, and then they did it anyway. Unless he fell and hit his head and has amnesia, he's full of shit. He's going to have to go back to selling used cars or whatever his slimy ass did before Twitch.
They do not. They have a policy of not saying why they banned someone.
Many have complained about that. Still do, every day. All these reasons exposed in the media were just very obvious reasons that everyone could tell. Like showing your tits, abusing your animal, racist outbursts, etc.
Yet people who actually have abused and actually killed their animal in disgusting ways, still run their channel unchecked, like Sattelizer.
A controversial character like DrDisrespect most likely doesnt know what he did wrong. Especially nowadays where you can offend anyone of those power tripping moderators with even jokes. I dont like him either, and dont get what people see in him, basically a wrestling character for video games, but what Twitch does is ridiculous. They ruin lives with that behavior. Probably not for him, since hes already a multimillionaire, but for smaller ones it can be completely devastating. Everyone does mistakes, but they dont even issue warnings in cases where its obvious that it was just a stupid mistake.

Re: Fall Guys Sells Over 2M on Steam
Aug 10, 2020, 12:55
Re: Fall Guys Sells Over 2M on Steam Aug 10, 2020, 12:55
Aug 10, 2020, 12:55

They should thank mainly streamers. Its a game that is actually quite fun and that they can play with their viewers.

Aug 9, 2020, 19:08
Re: Sunday Metaverse Aug 9, 2020, 19:08
Aug 9, 2020, 19:08

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 9, 2020, 16:13:
I don't watch streamers at all, but when this came up last time, it was strongly suggested Disrespect was banned for his coronavirus conspiracy bullshit. The article even mentions this.
Just rumors.
It is just disgusting that you dont tell people why you banned them. How can they learn from that then?
That they deleted the transaction infos on that other case doesnt surprise me then.
They seem to have the same braindead hierarchy as Twitter. Every low employee on a power trip can just play god and then the guys in higher positions defend their mistakes to the death to not seem weak.

Aug 9, 2020, 19:04
Re: Sunday Metaverse Aug 9, 2020, 19:04
Aug 9, 2020, 19:04

I thought a majority of twitch viewers are children who use daddys card.

Re: YouTube to stop sending email notifications to subscribers for new uploads.
Aug 8, 2020, 22:38
Re: YouTube to stop sending email notifications to subscribers for new uploads. Aug 8, 2020, 22:38
Aug 8, 2020, 22:38

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 7, 2020, 22:31:
"The reason that the firm cites for the move is that less than 0.1% of the email notifications are opened."
Uh, I beg your pardon? How do they know that?
The thumbnail of the video is linked. They see when its accessed. Plus the link to the video has a unique string.
I have loading of linked pictures disabled in my email client. As I think most other people do, since its actually a default setting in most clients.
Also often I see the notification email and then simply go to my Youtube account and find the video from the email.

Whats the point of being subscribed if you wont get emails anymore? I can then just bookmark the channel. Does the same job.

If I was them, seeing that 0.1%, I would be more concerned about bot subscribers.
Because 0.1% is in no way real.

Re: DOOM Eternal - The Ancient Gods, Part One Announced
Aug 8, 2020, 20:56
Re: DOOM Eternal - The Ancient Gods, Part One Announced Aug 8, 2020, 20:56
Aug 8, 2020, 20:56

More Doom - Pinata Massacre?
No thanks.
3071 Comments. 154 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    154  ] Older