Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 2067 (Senior)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
16. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Jan 26, 2017, 06:22 Muscular Beaver

Redmask wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 06:17:
It doesn't get reset every patch, you're just grasping at straws. Sorry that you can't use Google, perhaps you would be interested in a console product where you can turn off your brain and still get your fisher price enjoyment.
I have to redo it every patch. Every single one. Some other tweaks are not getting reset every patch (only at certain ones), but this one does. Even if I remove it completely, it will be in there again.

Read the several threads about this problem, which you can find with Google.

But I like how you guys defend or downplay shit like that, which would still be ridiculous if you could permanently turn it off. "Oh, but you can just manually remove it...!" You dont get it! Thats the fucking point! You have to manually turn off all that shit! I have never wasted so much time on Windows installations! Never! Even with these small programs that make it easier, youre still spending too much time on it. This OS is a disgrace.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Jan 26, 2017, 05:56 Muscular Beaver

jimnms wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 03:07:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 02:25:
ventry wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 17:44:
Well no.
I had this problem over a year ago.
However I used my brain for cognitive thinking and not for being a pissy win 10 crybaby.
Took all of 20 minutes to solve and has never been a problem since.
So, like Verno said: Fuk orf.
Too bad it comes back every patch.
So please let the world know how you permanently fixed it, Mr. Ultra Brain, or "fuk orf"!

It took me 30 seconds on Google and find these:
How to permanently stop Windows 10 reboots after installing updates
Disable automatic reboots after installing updates in Windows 10
Conclusively stop wake timers from waking Windows 10 desktop

Good job, too bad its something entirely different, or, as I said, will be reset every patch.

12. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Jan 26, 2017, 02:25 Muscular Beaver

ventry wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 17:44:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 15:18:
Verno wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 10:48:
I can't understand anything you post Luke, go learn the English language if you want to post on an English forum otherwise fuck off.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3gd066/computer_wakes_up_every_night_from_sleep/
http://superuser.com/questions/970884/windows-10-keeps-waking-up-at-night-source-unknown-what-to-do
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2752535/windows-wake-sleep-mode-night.html

Understand now?

Well no.
I had this problem over a year ago.
However I used my brain for cognitive thinking and not for being a pissy win 10 crybaby.
Took all of 20 minutes to solve and has never been a problem since.
So, like Verno said: Fuk orf.
Too bad it comes back every patch.
So please let the world know how you permanently fixed it, Mr. Ultra Brain, or "fuk orf"!

Not to mention the point still stands. You took 20 mins to fix one tiny thing that defines "winspy10". Congratulations?

This comment was edited on Jan 26, 2017, 03:01.

9. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Jan 25, 2017, 15:18 Muscular Beaver

Verno wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 10:48:
I can't understand anything you post Luke, go learn the English language if you want to post on an English forum otherwise fuck off.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3gd066/computer_wakes_up_every_night_from_sleep/
http://superuser.com/questions/970884/windows-10-keeps-waking-up-at-night-source-unknown-what-to-do
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2752535/windows-wake-sleep-mode-night.html

Understand now?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
99. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jan 23, 2017, 02:57 Muscular Beaver

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jan 23, 2017, 02:32:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 23, 2017, 02:04:
Saboth wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 21:30:
So Sean Spicer (Trump's press secretary) just had a press conference where he literally yelled at the media for accurately reporting the fact Trump had about 60% fewer in attendance at his inauguration than Obama did in 2009. Photo evidence proves about 1/2 as many showed up as Trump prepared for. Thousands of people on the ground confirmed the numbers. He is using the number of Metro riders as proof X amount of people were at the inauguration, but Trump protestors were also using the Metro yesterday and today. In fact, many estimate the number of protestors today dwarfed the number that turned out for Trump's big day. Sad to see the *White House Press Secretary* yelling at the media for reporting facts on Trump because it bruises Trump's fragile ego.

Yeah, kinda stupid statement. I would have put it better:
"Look at the weather and compare it to Obamas inaugurations."

Obama's 2009 inauguration was in the high 20s. Trump's was high 40s, with some light rain.

http://wtop.com/weather/2017/01/inauguration-weather-friday-years/slide/1/
Rain at those temperatures can mess you up really badly.
I shouldnt have to tell you that.

97. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2017, 02:13 Muscular Beaver

jdreyer wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 16:02:
Quboid wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 11:58:
I hear "alternative facts" is their latest name for lies.

I reject reality and substitute my own.
Hehe, yeah, I love how suddenly the government is criticized for its lies (and pretty irrelevant ones at that). I wish the oh so morally superior left would have done that in Obamas legislation too. Would have saved hundreds of thousands, if not millions of lives in the Middle East/North Africa/Ukraine and problems (terror attacks, exhaustion of social systems, splitting of societies, more dying foreign and domestic people) for western countries resulting from that.

This comment was edited on Jan 23, 2017, 02:26.

96. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2017, 02:04 Muscular Beaver

Saboth wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 21:30:
So Sean Spicer (Trump's press secretary) just had a press conference where he literally yelled at the media for accurately reporting the fact Trump had about 60% fewer in attendance at his inauguration than Obama did in 2009. Photo evidence proves about 1/2 as many showed up as Trump prepared for. Thousands of people on the ground confirmed the numbers. He is using the number of Metro riders as proof X amount of people were at the inauguration, but Trump protestors were also using the Metro yesterday and today. In fact, many estimate the number of protestors today dwarfed the number that turned out for Trump's big day. Sad to see the *White House Press Secretary* yelling at the media for reporting facts on Trump because it bruises Trump's fragile ego.

Yeah, kinda stupid statement. I would have put it better:
"Look at the weather and compare it to Obamas inaugurations."

95. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2017, 02:02 Muscular Beaver

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 19:25:
El Pit wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 14:44:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 14:27:
I would have voted for Bane if he had run against Merkel..... that's how disillusioned I am of politics. I thought Trumps election speech was something straight out of a Game. And it's problematic no doubt when video game "speeches" resonate with me far more than real speeches. COD had a few of those, and the trailer they released with the general giving his speech imo could have been 1:1 Trumps election speech.

Weird time to be living in

Go and watch some old speeches by Helmut Schmidt. They prove that not all politicians produce only mindless drivel.

https://youtu.be/aMxJ0Kn1r6o

To all non-German speaking guys here, this is a speech by one of the most intelligent politicians EVER. Unfortunately it is in German, so you might want to skip it.

Unfortunately the party that the SPD now is would never produce a politician of this level, not after SchrŲder ruined that party. And my favorite politician speeches are still from Gysi... sadly he was in the wrong party. I mean just look at our next chancellors... Merkel or Gabriel, that's like pest or cholera. None of them can incite any emotions, none of them have the gravitas for giving speeches, speeches which would be absolutely vital in todays time to give the German population some guidance and vision for the future.

As I said, I would vote Bane over Merkel, I wouldn't even think twice if that were a choice during election. Sadly it is not. ^^ The only realistic other choice is the cash-bag Gabriel, a politician who lives and breaths for industry interests, and doesn't know what voters are unless he needs to be elected. Bah
Sahra Wagenknechts speeches are much better than anything Gysi ever said. Actually Gysi went even more bonkers than Merkel in the refugee crisis. But too bad the rest of her party doesnt support her much.

94. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2017, 01:54 Muscular Beaver

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 13:34:
Trump's speech was interesting as a display of how little can be said in an hour long speech. And he doesn't consider himself a politician...

Recently heard some people didn't know/realize the reason they were able to get health care insurance was because of the ACA. For reasons beyond my understanding some people didn't make the connection between the two. On the one hand pretty astounding, on the other a great example of how clueless the general public is.

Only time will tell how much damage Trump can cause. I'm trying to hold out hope the anti-Trump people are overly worried. However, optimism is not my strength...
I have a few really poor friends in the US and they all tell me its too expensive for them.
Funny, huh...

News Comments > Windows 10 Game Mode Plans
40. Re: Windows 10 Game Mode Plans Jan 14, 2017, 07:54 Muscular Beaver

Avus wrote on Jan 14, 2017, 02:32:
It also has a secondary game modes they are Origin and Uplay...
No. Thats just malware.

News Comments > Windows 10 Update Breaks Multi-Monitor Support
35. Re: Windows 10 Update Breaks Multi-Monitor Support Jan 12, 2017, 07:14 Muscular Beaver

Kxmode wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 03:26:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 00:45:
Please. Let. Windows 10. Die.

The only thing I hate is their draconian update. This thread is a perfect reason why. Besides that, I think Windows 10 is one of Microsoft's best operating systems to date. I've only experienced one BSOD, and that was because my RAM blew up.
I havent experienced one BSOD since Windows 2000, that wasnt caused by hardware failure. Windows 10 is not more stable than 7 or 8 or whatever. Its actually less stable because of all these problems with patches and upgrades.

News Comments > Windows 10 Update Breaks Multi-Monitor Support
22. Re: Windows 10 Update Breaks Multi-Monitor Support Jan 12, 2017, 00:45 Muscular Beaver

Please. Let. Windows 10. Die.
It still amazes me how they just keep going with crap like this. People tell them to go back to a normal update system, tell them to fix their shitty upgrades that break computers all the time, but they just wont listen.
What the hell is wrong with them? What the hell is wrong with people actually defending this shit?

News Comments > Blizzard Celebrating 20 Years of Diablo
7. Re: Blizzard Celebrating 20 Years of Diablo Dec 30, 2016, 08:24 Muscular Beaver

Wait what? Their Diablo 1 mode only has the cathedral?  

News Comments > Vaporware Awards
22. Re: Vaporware Awards Dec 27, 2016, 15:14 Muscular Beaver

Cutter wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 15:08:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 15:01:
I dont get all the hate.
GTA 5 took 7 years to complete on the PC. Star Citizen is at least as big, if not much bigger. So of course it will take at least as long.
But I guess now I know why publishers dont announce games that early... because of whiners who cant even put 1 and 1 together.

Apples and oranges, buddy. Does Rockstar ever ask anyone for dime one? CR asked for money for a WC type game and has blown it off. Rockstar actually delivers the game you know they're making. And lastly, they have a successful track record, wildly successful.
He said from day one that they are going to expand this game as much as the money allows it to. It was always going to be massive, not just a "WC" game. Also CR didnt have the money to back it from the start. Thats why it grew slowly, when they realized they get much more money than needed for what you call a "WC game". It was known from the start, yet people like you still whine like it wasnt.
I rather wait a long time than see another early access shit game that will cut down their development team, once they got all the money.

News Comments > Vaporware Awards
18. Re: Vaporware Awards Dec 27, 2016, 15:01 Muscular Beaver

I dont get all the hate.
GTA 5 took 7 years to complete on the PC. Star Citizen is at least as big, if not much bigger. So of course it will take at least as long.
But I guess now I know why publishers dont announce games that early... because of whiners who cant even put 1 and 1 together.

News Comments > Crytek Closes Five Studios; Sells Warface?
29. Re: Crytek Closes Five Studios; Sells Warface? Dec 21, 2016, 13:53 Muscular Beaver

Beamer wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 13:51:
Prez wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 13:07:
The Crysis games were love 'em or hate 'em kind of games - personally I loved them - but there's no question Crytek made some incredible tech. It's a shame nothing really interesting beyond the Crysis series made use of it. Unless I'm missing something? (And no, I'm not counting Star Citizen because from what I've read CIG has retooled it to the point that it is practically a new engine.)

I also loved Crysis. I think I played 1 & 2. Maybe 3? I remember getting a little tired of it in the middle of the second game, with some tedious passages.

Then again, saying that, I remember the end of the original Far Cry, where you had a sequence requiring you to fight something like 6 rocket mutants at once. I had to "cheat" by pushing a chair in the path of an auto-close door so I could run back halfway through for ammo and health. It... it just wasn't remotely fun.

edit - This part here, if I recall. Not even fun to watch. And wow, I don't remember Far Cry looking that awful.
Loved Crysis 1, but 2 and 3 were just boring. I actually had to force myself to complete them. I already forgot their plots again.

News Comments > On Sale
17. Re: On Sale Dec 19, 2016, 07:01 Muscular Beaver

sir wrote on Dec 18, 2016, 12:55:
$2500!? We could almost buy our own ship for that
Im pretty sure a modeller would make you at least 3 ships for that amount of money.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 16, 2016, 20:23 Muscular Beaver

Simon Says wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 18:50:
The US tasting a very mild version of its own much more drastic medicine which it has forced down the throats of countless other ( mostly centrist and left, social democrat'ish, leaning ) countries in the last century at an average of 1 every 28 months?

Cry me a fucking river. Forget the messenger, look at the fucking data. Stop pulling another Snowden on this one US citizens.

Oh please, this is all made up. The most they "manipulated" was with their RT station telling more truth than our MSM does nowadays.
Neocons and neolibs just going crazy in this second cold war.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 8 Ends Soon
4. Re: Diablo III Season 8 Ends Soon Dec 16, 2016, 20:20 Muscular Beaver

Is the Diablo 1 mode live yet?  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
26. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 14, 2016, 08:02 Muscular Beaver

jdreyer wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 22:42:
Here's an article on what the pilots who fly the F-35 actually think of it.

A taste:

I was conducting a strike mission and Red Air was coming at me. In a 4th Gen fighter you must do a whole lot of interpretation. You see things in azimuth, and you see things in elevation. In the F-35 you just see the Godís eye view of the whole world. Itís very much like you are watching the briefing in real time.

I am coming in to perform the simulated weapons release, and Red Air is coming the other direction. I have enough situational awareness to assess whether Red Air is going to be a factor to me by the time I release the weapon. I can make the decision, Iím going to go to the target, Iím going to release this weapon. Simultaneously I pre-target the threat, and as soon as I release the A2G weapon, I can flip a switch with my thumb and shoot the Red Air. This is difficult to do in a 4th Gen fighter, because there is so much manipulation of systems in the cockpit. All while paying attention to the basic mechanics of flying the airplane and interpreting threat warnings that are often very vague, or only directional. In the F-35 I know where the threats are, what they are and I can thread the needle. I can tell that the adversary is out in front of me and I can make a very, very smart decision about whether to continue or get out of there. All that, and I can very easily switch between mission sets.
Nobody questions that the electronics in the F-35 are very advanced. Its still a plane that wasnt necessary, since you could simply upgrade older planes with stuff like that or make a new simpler one. Stealth is overrated and this plane tries to do too many jobs at once. Thats why its mediocre at best.

I recently saw a picture of a F-35 flying side by side with a F-16 at low speeds. The F-35 had to fly a far higher angle and to the eye it seemed like it was very close to stalling. The F-16 went pretty much straight.
I thought that picture revealed how bad the aerodynamics of that plane really are.

2067 Comments. 104 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo