Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1978 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dean Hall's New Multiplayer Game
11. Re: Dean Hall's New Multiplayer Game Sep 14, 2016, 14:50 Muscular Beaver

My personally most hated developer. He not only messed DayZ up (given, after creating it), but he also messed ArmA 3 up, maybe even the whole future of that franchise.  

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Video
20. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Video Sep 12, 2016, 18:51 Muscular Beaver

I pretty much only played it because of the stupid jokes. I heard the first few phrases like "who wants some wang" with that douchey voice and I was hooked. The game didnt disappoint in that aspect till the end. The gameplay itself could have been better, but I liked the sword and I dont think I ever switched weapons more often than in this game, which was kinda fun.  

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Video
7. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Video Sep 12, 2016, 11:34 Muscular Beaver

Pretty underwhelming.
What really bothers me is the "clusterfucking" of sounds. In a fight you just hear so many equally loud sounds mixed together, which just hurts your ears and makes the weapons seem weak, since they dont have a distinct and powerful sound. They did the same shit in Doom too. Dont let this be a new thing...

News Comments > DOOM Update Plans
23. Re: DOOM Update Plans Sep 12, 2016, 05:12 Muscular Beaver

Jerykk wrote on Sep 11, 2016, 23:02:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 10, 2016, 05:23:
Very forgettable game.
Felt like a stereotypical console game with its crappy controls and mechanics. Even the singleplayer was not that great, because of the typical console stuff. Doing the same things over and over again, pinata-mobs, non-interactive surroundings, forced upgrades that shouldnt be there at all in that way, since it felt like you only got what other games give you from the start, and that god damn hand-holding to find your way through the levels, AKA green beacons that show you where you need to go. Oh yeah, and not being able to switch task... really... I know its a Bethesda game that always have issues with that, but seriously, this is 2016...

Crappy controls? DOOM controlled great. It felt like Q3 multiplayer, only in SP. Piniata mobs? Did you play on Easy or something? Enemies have plenty of health and do plenty of damage on the highest difficulty setting. Non-interactive environments? You mean, aside from the plentiful amount of secrets that can only be found by exploring the levels and interacting with them?

I swear, people will bitch about everything these days. DOOM is in no way a stereotypical console game. What other console shooters play like DOOM? It's run 'n gun instead of cover-based, has a ton of verticality and speed, has health and armor pickups instead of health/shield regen, lets you carry every weapon at the same time, rewards weapon switching, has levels with tons of secrets that aren't easy to find, has powerups, etc.

The multiplayer is a waste of time but the SP is great. Are there some concessions for accessibility and broader appeal? Sure. The execution system does make the game easier but it also keeps the pace up so you focus more on killing and less on running away so you can find health pickups. What's sad is that a lot of people act like they want a straight-up remake of the original Doom but if that actually happened, they would just complain that it's more of the same. Remember the RoTT remake? 'nuff said.

Yes, shitty controls. AKA predefined animations that cant be cancelled or manipulated in any way, huge hitboxes of mobs, autoaim for ledges in jumps, predefined jumping spots, even though you can jump high enough to reach others easily, etc.
Yes, pinata mobs. AKA the mobs that break up and give you tons of candy, AKA ammo and health, when you hit them or saw them in half.
Yes, non-interactive environment. AKA stuff that doesnt break or move when you hit it, is just there to be pretty. Couldnt even flush a toilet. There were no physics. Not even explosions worked properly to blow mobs back, prolly because of that stupid pinata stuff, not to mention lack of rocket jump.

I swear some people have no idea what the other guy is talking about, yet feel the urge to spew out BS and just invent accusations just for the heck of it.

And no, I dont want a remake of it. I want a game that uses todays possibilities and is not held back by weak consoles and their shitty controllers. If I want the original I can play the dozens of remakes.
I want something new, improved. But that was just a generic console shooter that people like you think was a PC game because it was a little faster than usual and threw more mobs at you.

Yeah, totally not a console game. At least P2P tell you something? Lack of LAN support? Forced achievements? But its nothing new that people have forgotten how real PC games are, after we mostly get console ports anymore.

Oh and I forgot something: The music. Doom was also very popular because of its music. I remember them saying they would have a new awesome soundtrack that will continue there where the original let off. I really was excited about that, slaughtering mobs while a nice typical Doom soundtrack is playing, gives you goosebumps. But thats not even music you hear most of the time, plus its always the same repeated crap.
Yeah, the "music" reacts very well to things happening in the game, and changes accordingly, but its still just a few tracks. I cant even say what genre it is. Dubstep? Not sure, maybe a few samples. Metal? Maybe a few accords. Its just some made up crap with random sounds.

Oh and maybe you remember me being excited while other people here already said "its going to be crap". I praised and defended it against the trolls actually, because it simply looked very promising.

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 2016, 05:21.

News Comments > BioShock: The Collection PC Upgrades Detailed
22. Re: BioShock: The Collection PC Upgrades Detailed Sep 10, 2016, 18:48 Muscular Beaver

MajorD wrote on Sep 10, 2016, 14:02:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 10, 2016, 09:53:
MacLeod wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 23:16:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 21:50:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 21:31:
If you don't get the copy i wouldn't sweat it.
From what I've seen the pc remastered rereleased version don't look that different from the original, another reason why it's probably free if you own the game

Any comparison shots remaster vs normal version yet?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bioshock/comments/4qio3c/bioshock_remaster_comparison_screenshots/

Thanks for those, the comments in that thread align with my thoughts.
I did not see where it said if those were console or pc shots. In a few days we will know

To me, it looks like nothing more than a SweetFX/ReShade injector version.

Different textures and higher polygon models are there too.

News Comments > DOOM Update Plans
16. Re: DOOM Update Plans Sep 10, 2016, 05:23 Muscular Beaver

Very forgettable game.
Felt like a stereotypical console game with its crappy controls and mechanics. Even the singleplayer was not that great, because of the typical console stuff. Doing the same things over and over again, pinata-mobs, non-interactive surroundings, forced upgrades that shouldnt be there at all in that way, since it felt like you only got what other games give you from the start, and that god damn hand-holding to find your way through the levels, AKA green beacons that show you where you need to go. Oh yeah, and not being able to switch task... really... I know its a Bethesda game that always have issues with that, but seriously, this is 2016...

News Comments > EverQuest Expansion Announced
9. Re: EverQuest Expansion Announced Sep 2, 2016, 20:06 Muscular Beaver

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 11:25:
another expansion? holy shit...

I've been thinking how much I miss this game recently but I'm sure it won't be what I remember. Vanilla EQ ruled.

Then try Project 1999. Its not vanilla (its at Velious), but its pretty much feels exactly like back in the days. Even the people are as nice.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
21. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 28, 2016, 18:17 Muscular Beaver

NMS is actually pretty good... for testing overclocked PCs. Seriously. It will test stability very well. If it crashes, its not stable.
The game itself is laughable though. Its more like a technical demo, because after the 10th planet youve seen them all and did pretty much everything you will ever do.

News Comments > Halo 5: Forge PC Specs
10. Re: Halo 5: Forge PC Specs Aug 27, 2016, 17:28 Muscular Beaver

OS: Windows 10 Anniversary Edition Version 1607 or later
Fuck you MS, seriously. That is the worst update you ever done, so many things broken, so many systems destroyed and needing a fresh installation, that I wont ever install that crap (yes, I actually have a choice, since I have a bug that prevents showing that update). I rather will change back to Windows 7 or 8.1 instead and screw DX12.

Man, I so wish there was an alternative. MS is going completely crazy. Its more than time to turn your back to them.

News Comments > Depth Free Weekend
3. Re: Depth Free Weekend Aug 19, 2016, 07:26 Muscular Beaver

Another similar game also has a free weekend: Dead by Daylight.
Tried it yesterday, super fun. Even though it has a lot of bugs and balancing problems, and obviously now issues with overcrowding this weekend.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers & Mobile GPUs
32. Re: New GeForce Drivers & Mobile GPUs Aug 18, 2016, 04:50 Muscular Beaver

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 23:37:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 19:39:
The thread explains that it happens mostly at high framerates, 70+ FPS, vsync and some other things. Also some Windows versions seem to be fine.
It also explains that Nvidia always had problems with DPC latency, yet it never was that big of a problem that you could either see or hear it. That is only happening with Pascal.
So yeah, the average user wont see it, most actually dont even realize, even if they have that problem. My friend for example bought a 1080 and has that problem, but he didnt even notice it until I pointed out the obvious. Was quite funny, and now hes mad as hell at Nvidia, even more than I was at the 4 GB lie of my 970. But Im not going to pay that much money to be an average user or ignore stuttering/crackling.

If that were to happen to you. Since you mention things like vsynch which I don't use, other things and some windows version. I'm confident my game is smooth in appearance and feel, unless there is something really less visible. But fine don't buy the card, thanks for the heads up though.

As I said, some report it. Some report it happens even with Vsync off at high FPS in games like CSGO. You can go check your DPC latency yourself with listed tools and need to understand what it is. High DPC latency is never good and WILL sooner or later make problems. I had my fair share with that before, even without Nvidia cards. The whole system will slow down and other problems will arise.
If I had a latency of over 250Ás (Nvidia cards always cause a DPC latency of about 150), I would be worried. But I guess some people just like to waste money for extremely fast stuff, only to have it crippled by things like that...
Not to mention tolerating shit like this, tells them to keep doing it in the future.
It is unacceptable, and it doesnt matter if you "feel" it or not. Its there and its a problem.

28. Re: New GeForce Drivers & Mobile GPUs Aug 17, 2016, 19:39 Muscular Beaver

The thread explains that it happens mostly at high framerates, 70+ FPS, vsync and some other things. Also some Windows versions seem to be fine.
It also explains that Nvidia always had problems with DPC latency, yet it never was that big of a problem that you could either see or hear it. That is only happening with Pascal.
So yeah, the average user wont see it, most actually dont even realize, even if they have that problem. My friend for example bought a 1080 and has that problem, but he didnt even notice it until I pointed out the obvious. Was quite funny, and now hes mad as hell at Nvidia, even more than I was at the 4 GB lie of my 970. But Im not going to pay that much money to be an average user or ignore stuttering/crackling.

25. Re: New GeForce Drivers & Mobile GPUs Aug 17, 2016, 06:12 Muscular Beaver

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 03:31:
Simon Says wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 23:31:
Any words if these fix the DPC latency and stutter issues people are having?

Top of the morning to you, Sir!

They fixed that about a month ago and every (beta) driver release since then has had it incorporated, of course.
Wrong. Not to mention you didnt seem to have read your own link properly, especially the last few sentences, where he clearly says its not completely fixed.
People still having massive problems and the "hotfix" didnt do crap in most cases:
overclock.net
Thats the sole reason I didnt buy a 1070 yet.

This comment was edited on Aug 17, 2016, 06:24.

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Sequel Plans?
27. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Sequel Plans? Aug 15, 2016, 19:17 Muscular Beaver

I hope it will be more something like Redemption. I really liked the story being part in medieval ages and part in modern ages.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 15, 2016, 12:22 Muscular Beaver

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 15, 2016, 07:48:
DangerDog wrote on Aug 14, 2016, 22:54:
No Man's Sky, so good people bought it twice.
Aside from the technical issues the game is fun
Yep. For a few hours. Ive never had a full price game that got boring that quickly.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Launch & Workarounds
52. Re: No Man's Sky Launch & Workarounds Aug 12, 2016, 18:01 Muscular Beaver

Feels exactly like I predicted. Completely sterile and after a few planets you feel extremely stupid, since what you do is the same all the time. I dont even see the point in playing.
Reminds me very much of the driving around on planets in Mass Effect 1. They were pretty much all the same too and extremely boring after a while.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2016, 17:29 Muscular Beaver

Scheherazade wrote on Jul 16, 2016, 13:38:
Oh well. Looks like this time the Turkish military failed to preserve secularity in Turkish government.

Wonder how much more totalitarian/churchy/rightwing the Turkish government will become before it happens again.

-scheherazade

Doubt it will happen again. Erdogan replaced most high figures already years ago, but now he is going to exterminate the rest.
At least the western countrys governments showed whats going on with them, calling his rule democratic and supporting him, congratulating him "preserving democracy".
Still not enough people understanding whats going on, or who simply dont care, until its too late (for them).

News Comments > Microsoft Improving UWP Gaming
18. Re: Microsoft Improving UWP Gaming May 11, 2016, 08:15 Muscular Beaver

Burrito of Peace wrote on May 11, 2016, 07:53:
DangerDog wrote on May 11, 2016, 04:23:
Can only hope that Vulcan takes off in a big way.

I think we'll see that. Most notably, UE4, Source 2, and id Tech 6 already natively support it and Unity is working on supporting it as well. You've also got Intel, AMD, and Nvidia supporting it as well as all the tiny SOC companies (ARM, Samsung, and Qualcomm). So, for games, that covers the entire spectrum.

I was watching a development video where someone was using UE4 and explaining that, by using Vulkan, they could simultaneously release on Windows, Linux, and Android because the pipeline in UE4 could spit out executables and binaries simultaneously.

I really hope it will happen, because I am seriously getting sick of Microsofts new developed control mania. It hurts everyone except themselves.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine This Month?
9. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine This Month? May 9, 2016, 15:23 Muscular Beaver

Hopefully they fix the wind vegetation animations/wind sounds with this expansion, so I can finally start playing this game without feeling completely dizzy.  

News Comments > DOOM @ 200 FPS Under Vulkan
6. Re: DOOM @ 200 FPS Under Vulkan May 9, 2016, 10:54 Muscular Beaver

CJ_Parker wrote on May 9, 2016, 10:34:
200fps is not really surprising given the horrible console port garbage visuals. What's next? "News" that Pacman runs at 500fps on Vulkan? Yawn.

That would be pretty bad.

This comment was edited on May 9, 2016, 12:39.

1978 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo