Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 2346 (Senior)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
21. Re: Sunday Metaverse Mar 19, 2018, 21:45 Muscular Beaver

Quboid wrote on Mar 19, 2018, 18:11:
DangerDog wrote on Mar 19, 2018, 03:41:
Quboid wrote on Mar 18, 2018, 19:32:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 18, 2018, 18:48:
A far simpler question could be asked

Is Russia really the enemy or is someone trying to sabotage Russian <-> West relations

And who'd gain from this, because it sure as hell isn't Russia nor the West.

Russian politicians look good to their people in the short term. Long term, it helps Russian defence/expansion. I've seen people say NATO should be disbanded because Europe has *already* been invaded, that's hugely beneficial to any Russian hawks who want to nibble away at more of Ukraine. Also just revenge, supposedly Putin was pissed about the Panama Papers revealing his secrets.

Putin doesn't need to lift a finger to take down NATO countries, they're doing a fine job of destroying themselves.

But I'm holding out hope that the refugees will integrate into western culture, they just need to be treated with kindness and love.

We're really not. Europe's problem is that the global financial crisis has been used by right-wing agitators to further their own goals by blaming the economic impact problems on refugees, coupled with a temporary refugee crisis (of our own making). Europe's problem is a damaging reactions to largely imaginary problems.

The notion that we have already been invaded is an extreme example of an imaginary problem. You're one person who's made this claim - how literally did you mean this? I presume you don't actually think I'm living in occupied territory without noticing it, but there's no way that's an exaggeration of something with any semblance of reality. Western Europe remains one of the best, safest places to live anywhere in the world at any time in history.

The Russian government benefits from undermining this and undermining NATO. Right-wing American pundits benefit from undermining this as western Europe keeps proving them wrong on subjects like gun control, public healthcare, ultimately immigration. These people benefit from lying to you and manipulating you.
When I read stuff like yours, I am instantly reminded of Nazis and Communists duking it out on Germanys streets, both thinking they are right and wanting to save the world, by blaming the other side for BS.
Wow... it has come that far already.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 19, 2018, 11:13 Muscular Beaver

Klaus Flouride wrote on Mar 19, 2018, 04:50:
DangerDog wrote on Mar 19, 2018, 03:41:
Quboid wrote on Mar 18, 2018, 19:32:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 18, 2018, 18:48:
A far simpler question could be asked

Is Russia really the enemy or is someone trying to sabotage Russian <-> West relations

And who'd gain from this, because it sure as hell isn't Russia nor the West.

Russian politicians look good to their people in the short term. Long term, it helps Russian defence/expansion. I've seen people say NATO should be disbanded because Europe has *already* been invaded, that's hugely beneficial to any Russian hawks who want to nibble away at more of Ukraine. Also just revenge, supposedly Putin was pissed about the Panama Papers revealing his secrets.

Putin doesn't need to lift a finger to take down NATO countries, they're doing a fine job of destroying themselves.

But I'm holding out hope that the refugees will integrate into western culture, they just need to be treated with kindness and love.

The issue is the politicians are the ones that want the refugees, the average person does not.
Nobody sees refugees as problem. Its our duty to help them (actually it should be mostly UKs, Frances and US' duty, since they started these wars). The issue is that most of them are no refugees. They wont go back when the war is over. Not only because they simply stay there because of the free stuff, but also because they dont even come from war torn countries and have lied about their nationality and age, when they entered Europe.
Whats going on in the Mediterranean with the NGO-funded human traffickers, is beyond belief. Just a few years ago these people would have gone to jail for a long time for stuff like that.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 18, 2018, 21:15 Muscular Beaver

dubfanatic wrote on Mar 18, 2018, 20:38:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 18, 2018, 18:53:
Who the hell is still buying PUBG at this point, or is it all banned people getting new accounts?

Could be. The daily max CCUs have been on a downtrend since January. More people are getting fed up with Bunghole's constant screw-ups, terrible PR and inability to control cheaters than are picking the game up now. They're going to have to turn it around fast before an experienced dev house drinks their milkshake.
That would also explain why Fortnite is so popular, and gets more popular by the day. Its the only good alternative.

10. Re: Sunday Metaverse Mar 18, 2018, 19:00 Muscular Beaver

One rich spoiled douchebag giving money to his other douchebag friend.
And that makes headlines?

News Comments > Fortnite Accounts Hijacked
5. Re: Fortnite Accounts Hijacked Mar 13, 2018, 04:28 Muscular Beaver

|RaptoR| wrote on Mar 12, 2018, 23:50:
I am a Senior Network Engineer by trade. Been in the industry for over 15 years. I use Dashlane to generate passwords for all of my logins, so each one is unique and rotated quarterly.

My Epic account was hijacked last month, and I had made the unfortunate mistake of having my Paypal account linked for automatic billing. I had 3 transactions for $109.99 each (the max size of Fortnite currency that can be purchased in one go), all at 10am EST while I was at work.

I immediately opened a case, reset the account password, unlinked Paypal, and started the dispute process. Paypal denied the dispute, because to them it looked like a legit charge. 17 days passed on the Epic ticket before I tracked down their community team on Reddit and sent a PM to each and every one of them explaining what was going on. To their credit, I got the refund and hour later -- but holy shit, 17 days without so much as a "case created" email?

I attached transaction logs from Paypal, email receipts from the store, so on and so forth.

Anyway, I'm really only replying to say this:

My Epic account password was unique to Epic Games, and it was hijacked.
Interesting that PayPal would deny it. Or maybe they do that when its about big companies. They would never deny it when I was scammed by a buyer via PayPal and thus I lost hundreds of dollars.

News Comments > Arma 3 Tanks DLC Next Month
2. Re: Arma 3 Tanks DLC Next Month Mar 12, 2018, 21:10 Muscular Beaver

So 5 years after release ArmA 3 finally has as much content as ArmA 2 after 2 years.
Congratulations!
Oh wait, no, its still not enough content for simple game modes like Warfare.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
2. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Mar 11, 2018, 09:54 Muscular Beaver

jdreyer wrote on Mar 10, 2018, 18:56:
What's the over/under on when some hacker gets control of a self-driving with a woman in it, drives her to a remote location, and murder her? 2025?
Car manufacturers dont profit from that. That would actually hurt them, if it becomes public. Stuff like that will have a lot of security measures against it.

They do however profit from stolen cars, because well... a new car will be bought again, after the stolen one is gone.

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Mar 10, 2018, 20:14 Muscular Beaver

Probably the best article CNN has written in 2 years.  

News Comments > Darwin Project Early Access
6. Re: Darwin Project Early Access Mar 10, 2018, 09:48 Muscular Beaver

So many boring games lately, content-wise.
And they all are basically specifically made for streamers/Youtubers. SOS, Hunt: Showdown, this one and many others. But even as a streamer you wont get much out of them.

News Comments > H1Z1 Goes Free-to-Play
1. Re: H1Z1 Goes Free-to-Play Mar 8, 2018, 10:50 Muscular Beaver

Greene must have a big grin on his face now, because they rejected his proposed changes to the game.
And no, that doesnt mean I support him or his game.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Battles Toxic Chat
10. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Battles Toxic Chat Mar 5, 2018, 15:16 Muscular Beaver

DangerDog wrote on Mar 5, 2018, 14:49:
So they can't just create a banned word list and call it a day. This is only for text chat not voip where I would imagine is where most of the "toxic chat" is in a game like this.

Well, time to crack open the "urban dictionary" and discover some lesser known slurs to use.

like calling someone a trigglypuff
Oh, Im already inventing new insults. Problem is that people just laugh when I use them.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Battles Toxic Chat
1. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Battles Toxic Chat Mar 5, 2018, 10:30 Muscular Beaver

"What a gay round!"
*Banned for 2 days.*

Heil PC! No, not Personal Computer.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
1. Re: Sunday Mobilization Mar 4, 2018, 14:58 Muscular Beaver

Not only these ugly notches, but also the stupid protruding cameras.  

News Comments > Trump Calls Game Meeting
77. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 3, 2018, 17:53 Muscular Beaver

jdreyer wrote on Mar 3, 2018, 01:04:
ventry wrote on Mar 2, 2018, 20:57:
RedEye9 wrote on Mar 2, 2018, 14:08:
Tangerine Jesus.....Drumpf.....DOTUS...etc

Yes your name calling is sooooo next level intelligent. LARF!

I have also noticed that a lot of Americans have been referring to the "Australian Gun Buy-back" scheme.
The thing those people don't know is that it was all the "Law Abiding" Australians that handed their guns in.
The criminals kept theirs.

Right? And then they went on a murder spree for the next two decades!

Oh, wait. Murders have gone way down since then. It's almost as if reducing the number of guns in a society and strengthening the laws reduces gun deaths.
So? Homicides have gone down almost everywhere in the western countries. Even those who didnt do anything about their guns, incl. the USA). No proof at all. Right now they are increasing again, and your statistic conveniently leaves that out.

31. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 2, 2018, 10:23 Muscular Beaver

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 2, 2018, 10:17:
Ozmodan wrote on Mar 2, 2018, 10:08:

Earth to posters, if you think the democrats are any better, just read some of Schumer's or Pelosi's posts.

Whataboutism's not withstanding, last I checked neither Pelosi nor Schumer are currently sHitting sitting in the Oval Office.

But if the opposition is bad already, you know how they would be if they were in power. Much worse.
That much said, lets actually help them decide instead of "wah wah wahing" around like little children.
Love how you people always cry about things you dont like yet you dont even send a single letter to your representative.

19. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 2, 2018, 07:26 Muscular Beaver

Welcome back to the 90s.
Imagine in the 70s politicians would still think about banning Rock n Roll because of "bad influence".

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2018, 00:38 Muscular Beaver

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 25, 2018, 12:04:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 25, 2018, 11:54:

I haven't seen it yet, but I suspect I'll just come down on the "meh" side of it. People were praising the hell out of WW, but I thought it was just okay. I'm getting a similar vibe here. Will be happy to be disappointed though.
I'd be interested in your take on the movie. As for WW, even the women I associate with thought it was preachy.

Some highly acclaimed movies I just don't "get", Dunkirk is a fine example of MEH.
Dunkirk was nice. You just have to take it as what it is. A fantasy tale.
But WW was bad. It seems they are using all these superhero movies nowadays as Transformers surrogate. Too bad, because some of them were really good at first. Aliens and petty criminals have become stale enemies. Interesting how Hollywood resists with every muscle and bone to use modern enemies of society.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2018, 00:34 Muscular Beaver

mag wrote on Feb 25, 2018, 11:07:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 25, 2018, 02:55:
Perfect summary of this Black Panther hype:
https://www.memecenter.com/fun/7215979/panthers-are-like-blacks-i-wanna-hunt-them

Dude, wtf?
What? You wanna paint me a KKK member now too, because I posted that meme? Did you even read it?
lol...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 26, 2018, 00:33 Muscular Beaver

Osc8r wrote on Feb 25, 2018, 21:15:
Funny thing is, i never bought GTA or Skyrim solely because they lacked co-op. So as successful as these games are there's still an untapped market out there.
You can play GTA Online like coop. Just need friends.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Feb 25, 2018, 15:12 Muscular Beaver

Redmask wrote on Feb 25, 2018, 15:02:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 25, 2018, 14:49:
Good. As soon as it was clear that they will never fix burn in issues, OLED was dead anyway. Sad, but Im not ever going to spend that much money on devices that burn in that easily. Not even phones. Have been avoiding OLED phones like the plague since my first experience with one.
But I do realize that many people simply dont see the burn in. No idea why. Probably as subjective for some, as the dreaded 30 vs 60 FPS argument, that still pops up from time to time.

You're going to want a new TV long before you ever see burn in with an OLED. The only real exception is the people who have the OLED light at 100 and just watch CNN 24/7 or static HUD element games non-stop for literal months on end...but of course why are they buying an OLED for that purpose anyway? Get a cheap TV.

2 years gaming hardcore with my OLED and no issues with burn in. I vary up my content usage and have sane settings. By the time the actual degradation happens in 7-10 years I'm going to be drooling over the next tech and planning a purchase.
Ive seen burn in after a few weeks. Hundreds of forum posts also confirm it. I have many friends who say they dont have burn in, but when I look at their phone (one even has a TV), burn in is clearly visible. As I said, to some its very subjective. Even more so since Apple uses them. But enough people complain to make it obvious. And no, I am not going to do another 30 vs 60 FPS discussion here. Its happening in normal usage, manufacturers axe them because of it. Nuff said.

2346 Comments. 118 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo