Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 2765 (Senior)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jun 20, 2018, 22:40 Muscular Beaver

Its tragic what happened with Star Wars. Just like Star Trek.

@RedEye9
Youre really starting to become a full blown political troll. Arent you active on Videosift as well? Your blabbering sounds familiar.

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PUBG Celebrates 400M Players with Sale & Event Pass Plans
13. Re: PUBG Celebrates 400M Players with Sale & Event Pass Plans Jun 20, 2018, 05:01 Muscular Beaver

Sepharo wrote on Jun 20, 2018, 02:45:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jun 20, 2018, 00:58:
Its shocking that other, much smaller companies, make BR games in a few months that are more polished than PUBG is with much more money.
Realm Royale, and even Fortnite, for example.

It really depends on when you do the measuring.

On one hand you have Bluehole, a mobile game developer who decides to strike out of their comfort zone and try for a PC game, 3rd person shooter. Starting with 35 working on the game and later expanding to 70 after success.

On the other you have Epic... a pioneer with a long history in the shooter genre... not much more needs to be said there, we're all familiar with Epic.
And then Hi-Rez a company with many polished AAA PC games under their belt including shooters Global Agenda and Tribes Ascend.

Also both Fortnite: Battle Royale and Realm Royale are reformulations of existing titles Fortnite: Save the World and Paladins.

Yes PUBG has a lot of bugs and Epic and Hi-Rez have better polished entries in the genre, but being shocked about that doesn't make any sense for someone who should know the history of these companies.
Those were just examples, and yet they made much more oeffort to polish their games. PUBG didnt. They didnt want to. Have you looked at the other BR games lately? Cuisine for example? Even that one is more polished (and beautiful) than PUBG. TABG is on a good way too, though bugs arent such an issue there since its simply hilarious.

They simply dont have their priorities straight. After such a long time and so much money, they could have fixed them 10 times. But they didnt and are still not making ANY indication that they want to. THATS what I am talking about.

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

12. Re: PUBG Celebrates 400M Players with Sale & Event Pass Plans Jun 20, 2018, 02:46 Muscular Beaver

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 20, 2018, 01:45:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jun 20, 2018, 00:58:
Its shocking that other, much smaller companies, make BR games in a few months that are more polished than PUBG is with much more money.

PUBG STILL has bugs and other issues from the Alpha and Beta which they completely ignore.

Dude, if you landed a surprise hit like PUBG and got showered with absolutely in-fucking-sane amounts of money like these guys did... seriously, would you work on the game or would you rather take a really long vacation with hookers, blow and pina colada?

Yeah. Exactly.
I wouldnt, and they didnt. They just dont care. I noticed after just 100 hours that they arent improving this game technically at all. I stopped. So I dont know why so many people still stuff their money in these guys throat. Most people really are just numb, it seems.

9. Re: PUBG Celebrates 400M Players with Sale & Event Pass Plans Jun 20, 2018, 00:59 Muscular Beaver

dubfanatic wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 21:41:
Cutter wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 21:39:
400m? That sounds like totes bullshit to me. I know it's crazy popular atm but 400 million unique people have bought this? No way. Very odd considering that whilst the reviews on Steam are mixed they still tilt to mostly negative overall.

Half of those are probably cheaters buying a new account after getting banned.
Half? I like your optimism.

8. Re: PUBG Celebrates 400M Players with Sale & Event Pass Plans Jun 20, 2018, 00:58 Muscular Beaver

PUBG STILL has bugs and other issues from the Alpha and Beta which they completely ignore.

News Comments > LawBreakers Goes F2P; Ending in September
25. Re: LawBreakers Goes F2P; Ending in September Jun 14, 2018, 03:20 Muscular Beaver

Slashman wrote on Jun 13, 2018, 18:06:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jun 13, 2018, 17:49:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 13, 2018, 15:48:
Sepharo wrote on Jun 13, 2018, 13:36:
And when he started this BR clone 4 years ago... what would he be cloning?

Good point, hard to see in the future but there were examples of this from quake 3 arena "last man standing" mods back in the day. I remember playing something similar to a battle royale back in Quake 2.

Obviously this is early 2000 and it took till ~2016ish with PUBG and The Culling to really catapult this genre.
The Culling? The Culling never really started. And now its dead. Stupid devs again. The players told them what they want, but they ignored them.

I think players underestimate how difficult it is for developers to change direction and alter all their future plans regardless of the wants of the majority of players. Not getting it right the first time is a near-certain death-knell.

That's not really anyone's fault. Hindsight is 20-20 afterall. This is the risk of trying to make a multiplayer only game.
The thing is that the game at one point was like the players wanted it. But the devs decided to change it (it really wasnt huge changes, easily reversible, but they made the game a lot worse) and stick with it.

News Comments > LawBreakers Goes F2P; Ending in September
15. Re: LawBreakers Goes F2P; Ending in September Jun 13, 2018, 17:49 Muscular Beaver

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 13, 2018, 15:48:
Sepharo wrote on Jun 13, 2018, 13:36:
And when he started this BR clone 4 years ago... what would he be cloning?

Good point, hard to see in the future but there were examples of this from quake 3 arena "last man standing" mods back in the day. I remember playing something similar to a battle royale back in Quake 2.

Obviously this is early 2000 and it took till ~2016ish with PUBG and The Culling to really catapult this genre.
The Culling? The Culling never really started. And now its dead. Stupid devs again. The players told them what they want, but they ignored them.

News Comments > Steam Ending Windows XP and Vista Support
22. Re: Steam Ending Windows XP and Vista Support Jun 13, 2018, 09:17 Muscular Beaver

With the new Update to Windows 10, which added simultaneous audio output over different physical outputs, like it was in Windows XP, I cant really see much reason to still use XP either. Maybe some old devices still only have 32 bit drivers, but you can use a Windows 7 or 8.1 32 bit version for that.

HOWEVER, there still needs to be done a LOT of work on Windows 10. For example, the pretty much ancient (but still current) USB Audio Class 2 is STILL not working properly again, while it worked fine in Windows 7.

News Comments > Win10 Exclusive Gears of War 5 Announced
14. Re: Win10 Exclusive Gears of War 5 Announced Jun 12, 2018, 02:24 Muscular Beaver

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 12:13:
This always works so well for them. Remember what a big hit....uh....ANY Windows Market game was?

Yeah, me either.
Sea of Thieves? Gears of War 4?
Well, thats actually questions, because I couldnt find any sale numbers that show console and PC versions broken apart. I guess that is in their interest to mix PC and console together, so nobody sees how big of a failure the MS Store is on PC?

News Comments > Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed
16. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed Jun 10, 2018, 06:31 Muscular Beaver

Looks like BR is the new FFA/DM.  

News Comments > EA Announces Origin Access Premiere
7. Re: EA Announces Origin Access Premiere Jun 9, 2018, 22:59 Muscular Beaver

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 21:29:
One may hate EA to the point they won't play their games, your choice and I won't argue how you got there.

But if you are ok enough with them and like their products and what they have on the Access list (not all are EA games anymore), what a bargain.

Its not that I hate EA, its just that almost all the games they publish suck. And the few that are interesting still dont get bought by me, because of Origin.

The last 2 EA games I tried were Star Wars Battlefront Beta and Andromeda. Both were such a huge disappointment, that I lost interest completely in EA games.

And of course, I would whip myself if I were to support subscription practice like that, because if it was successful, others would do the same. Ive learned that from my Steam mistake.

News Comments > Blizzard Reveals "Unannounced Diablo Project"
21. Re: Blizzard Reveals Jun 6, 2018, 09:39 Muscular Beaver

Rhett wrote on Jun 6, 2018, 09:34:
A lot of stuff in Diablo 3 is now archaic and feels dated... it really needs a new sequel. I know Diablo 2 HD is most likely coming out, wonder if this is that or not.
Didnt they add a Diablo 2 mode in Diablo 3 in one of the last patches?

News Comments > Blizzard Reveals "Unannounced Diablo Project"
3. Re: Blizzard Reveals Jun 5, 2018, 22:34 Muscular Beaver

Diablo open world game.  

News Comments > HITMAN 2 Reveal Thursday?
3. Re: HITMAN 2 Reveal Thursday? Jun 5, 2018, 04:42 Muscular Beaver

So is WB Games actually still supporting the PC or, like they said after the Arkham Knight debacle, they wont do stuff for the PC anymore?  

News Comments > Vampyr Launch Trailer
6. Re: Vampyr Launch Trailer Jun 1, 2018, 20:35 Muscular Beaver

Kinda looks like these old Dracula point and click adventures they sold in droves in the 00s. I hope I am wrong.
The hipster haircut/beard in that time doesnt get my hopes up...

News Comments > Sea of Thieves The Hungering Deep Launches
2. Re: Sea of Thieves The Hungering Deep Launches May 30, 2018, 07:42 Muscular Beaver

So basically an early access game marketed like a final release.
Well, as long as people keep paying for that in droves, who can blame them?

44. Re: Into the Black May 30, 2018, 06:35 Muscular Beaver

Orogogus wrote on May 30, 2018, 04:20:
Muscular Beaver wrote on May 29, 2018, 17:27:
I tend to see the less hypocritical side as the lesser evil. Not to mention that the "alt-right" theme is massively pushed by the MSM, which makes it much less believable anyway. Sure there are sick fucks, but I dont see a few Nazis or other white supremacists as a huge threat to society, because they simply are very few and their disgusting acts towards other people are rare. But the media is putting it as if the whole right is like them and its a new threat the whole world must be afraid of like 1939.
On the other side the leftist lunatics are extremely numerous because their agenda is being pushed in universities and makes very obvious that they are EXTREMELY hypocritical. They dont care about the human/social rights and tolerance stuff they talk about. Quite the opposite. Just like before in history. We should have learned from history thousands of times by now. But most people still fall for their lies.

The intolerant left doesn't seem substantially more hypocritical to me than the Christian right that doesn't love its neighbors, and has no truck with turning the other cheek. Setting aside the alt-right, scrolling through the comments on any Fox News article doesn't suggest a great deal of good will towards men. On any given day it's not hard to find people high-fiving over someone else's death or misfortune, it's just usually not someone as well-known as TotalBiscuit.
They arent all Christians. As I said, they have some sick fucks as well. But from my experience the media and the left is overstating the problem to make themselves look more "humane" and as the solution to the problem.

The real problem is that left extremism has become mainstream.
A few years ago I still called my mentality left-like, but nowadays I dont dare say that anymore, because now the left stands for completely crazy extremism, neoliberalism and neoconservatism. And those crazy people are being supported by the establishment, to use them as their proxy army against their political opponents. Why they allow that, if they are true leftists, is clear. They arent.

I dont have an issue with people who are "high-fiving" over someones death who caused a lot of death and/or misery for the whole society or world. Would you have said someone is bad to high five about Hitlers death? Would you condemn someone for high-fiving when W. Bush or Cheney dies?
For example even people on the right are obviously waiting for McCain to die and are cheering for it. Is that so bad, after what he has done in his life? Vietnam hero my ass.
You cant compare that with a fucking Youtuber/Streamer who at worst threw some pissy words at people who attacked him.

This comment was edited on May 30, 2018, 06:57.

42. Re: Into the Black May 29, 2018, 17:27 Muscular Beaver

eRe4s3r wrote on May 29, 2018, 14:50:
Beamer wrote on May 29, 2018, 08:48:
Verno wrote on May 29, 2018, 08:40:
Haha some of those tweets are so crazy it just boggles the mind.
"TotalBiscuit was responsible for the murder of trans people" yeah wow. People go on about the alt-right but god damn, the far left radical ideologues are absolutely bonkers and scare me way more.

Both sides managed to spend time tweeting about how awful he was. Places like Kotakuinaction had plenty decrying him.

Difference is, the ones listed here are people in the industry, supposed to be adults, whereas the alt-right ones are probably often HS kids to be that immature about this. The devs doing it are just so much worse.

Worse? I think both sides are equally disgusting, the difference is one has their "progressive" ideology pushed by EA and the other does not. Guess which one.

And for the record, that's exactly why I am GLAD to have downvoted the BF5 trailer. Yeah it's a stupid sign of resistance but EA is doing another Andromeda with BF5.
I tend to see the less hypocritical side as the lesser evil. Not to mention that the "alt-right" theme is massively pushed by the MSM, which makes it much less believable anyway. Sure there are sick fucks, but I dont see a few Nazis or other white supremacists as a huge threat to society, because they simply are very few and their disgusting acts towards other people are rare. But the media is putting it as if the whole right is like them and its a new threat the whole world must be afraid of like 1939.
On the other side the leftist lunatics are extremely numerous because their agenda is being pushed in universities and makes very obvious that they are EXTREMELY hypocritical. They dont care about the human/social rights and tolerance stuff they talk about. Quite the opposite. Just like before in history. We should have learned from history thousands of times by now. But most people still fall for their lies.

37. Re: Into the Black May 29, 2018, 08:09 Muscular Beaver

Wow... many devs and others actually shitting on his grave...

oneangrygamer.com

mm-champion.com

WTF is going on with these people?

News Comments > Wargaming Seattle Closing
4. Re: Wargaming Seattle Closing May 25, 2018, 05:24 Muscular Beaver

"Waiting for Wargaming Seattle to come back to their senses and do a real Supreme Commander successor."

Well, shit!

2765 Comments. 139 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo