Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 2768 (Senior)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Denuvo Hates Your PC (Now Proven by Science)
20. Re: Denuvo Hates Your PC (Now Proven by Science) Dec 28, 2018, 08:26 Muscular Beaver

WaltC wrote on Dec 27, 2018, 12:50:
Denuvo is a case of not seeing the forest for the tree. They will never know how many more copies their games might have sold sans Denuvo from the start, and in true bean-counter style--they don't seem to care. "Nothing says, 'I don't trust you,' like Denuvo."
Why would they care?
Why would tobacco firms be interested in studies that prove that tobacco is causing lung cancer?
I am always amazed how massively people underestimate the spread of corruption. Corruption is everywhere!

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tim Sweeney on the Epic Games Store
7. Re: Tim Sweeney on the Epic Games Store Dec 28, 2018, 08:23 Muscular Beaver

but the problem could eventually be solved through federated or decentralized software update tools

Wait wait wait, do I understand that right that they are planning an updater and launcher for the updaters and launchers?

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

News Comments > On ATLAS Delays
13. Re: On ATLAS Delays Dec 23, 2018, 02:36 Muscular Beaver

Cutter wrote on Dec 22, 2018, 17:50:
El Pit wrote on Dec 22, 2018, 16:13:
Oh, come on, guys, this is by the folks who worked on ARK. This game will be in "early access" until hell freezes over with the developers adding new stuff and dlcs instead of fixing bugs!

Exactly. I checked ARK out again a couple of months ago and there are still bugs there - that are well known - from beta. Game looked and played zero different from 2 years ago. Really regret giving these assholes dime one.
I never understood whats so great about ARK. Its DayZ with dinosaurs that look like reskinned EverQuest models.

News Comments > Activision Pressuring Blizzard to Cut Costs?
10. Re: Activision Pressuring Blizzard to Cut Costs? Dec 22, 2018, 03:44 Muscular Beaver

recall2000 wrote on Dec 22, 2018, 02:01:
Creston wrote on Dec 21, 2018, 21:36:
Fucking suits and their idiocy. The amount of assholes that have failed upward in the US is truly staggering.

Believe me, the US doesn't have a monopoly on that; the UK business world is full of c**ts in charge that think they know best because they have "manager" in their job title. Pretty sure you could ask anyone from anywhere and it would be a similar story :/
Blizzard North did Diablo 2. They pretty much died after Diablo 2, yes. Only very few of them stayed at Blizzard.
Blizzard went through a lot of such phases. Another was 2008 when the Activision merger happened. The next thing coming out from them was Cataclysm in 2010, which felt as if a completely new development team had taken over WoW.
Blizzard have only been disappointing for me since then. Not holding my breath for anything good coming from them anymore.

News Comments > Last Year: The Nightmare Awakens
1. Re: Last Year: The Nightmare Awakens Dec 19, 2018, 02:00 Muscular Beaver

My hopes were really high for this game, but oh boy, the devs really messed this one up.
First off the gameplay is really bad. It doesnt make sense. You get killed but then you can get rescued (???). The killer can switch killer types all the time and can get killed pretty easily. The maps arent creepy/dark at all. Theres barely any content. Theres no progression system.
The graphics are really nice, but the animations are pretty bad.
Even if you play it with friends only, it becomes boring really quickly.
And then they made the huge mistake to release this game on Discord only, a shop nobody knows about yet.

Im a big fan of asymmetric games, but this is not how they are supposed to be. Too symmetric to be asymmetric and the weak side is far too strong to make this game be considered a horror game. Youre not afraid of the killer at all.

This comment was edited on Dec 19, 2018, 02:13.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 16, 2018, 12:39 Muscular Beaver

I guess Rockstar had a banning wave again.  

News Comments > BELOW Rises
4. Re: BELOW Rises Dec 15, 2018, 12:28 Muscular Beaver

Had my mouse hovered over the buy button, until I read the negative reviews.
No thanks, not interested in boring walking simulators.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
18. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 14, 2018, 18:27 Muscular Beaver

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 14, 2018, 10:48:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 14, 2018, 05:53:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 13, 2018, 21:05:
Is it true that you have to have a lobotomy to be in congress. Or is it just a requirement for Ohio republicans.

Little known fact; If you watched 1000 videos a day it would take 158 years to view all those removed youtubes.

California Democrats pretty much just won the jackpot of stupidity (and fascism):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59pMnfYstZY

Don't even bring up that Dem's are fascism, when there is a group going around throwing people out of the country that don't look like them, pray like them etc. There is only one group right now that deserves that moniker because of their direction actions currently.
Which group is that?
Are you another one who doesnt get its only about illegals, not anything racist?
What is it with you guys always seeing racism everywhere? Projection?

10. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 14, 2018, 05:53 Muscular Beaver

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 13, 2018, 21:05:
Is it true that you have to have a lobotomy to be in congress. Or is it just a requirement for Ohio republicans.

Little known fact; If you watched 1000 videos a day it would take 158 years to view all those removed youtubes.

California Democrats pretty much just won the jackpot of stupidity (and fascism):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59pMnfYstZY

News Comments > DayZ Hits Version 1.0 - Celebrates With Free Weekend
6. Re: DayZ Hits Version 1.0 - Celebrates With Free Weekend Dec 14, 2018, 04:19 Muscular Beaver

Played it 2016 the last time. Read through a few pages on the Steam forums and after seeing a few Twitch streamers playing it, I wont be installing it.

Not much has changed at all (aside from the graphics). People are still complaining about old bugs and the clunky combat and many new ones and new old ones that I thought were long fixed (at least when I played it). They even seem to have messed up keybinds and removed some content. Still a lot of lag (zombies will still not instantly fall over, just like players, after fatally hit). A few really annoying things also instantly caught my eye/ear. Zombies get stuck everywhere. The sounds of them are much more repetitive than before and every few seconds you hear a fucking rooster blaring out, everywhere on the map (rooster plague?).

Honestly, aside from a bit improved graphics, it still seems like the alpha I played over 2 years ago, plus a few very annoying bonus bugs. I didnt imagine them getting much work done in 2 years, after they havent done much until 2016, but I never thought they would be getting even slower, while suddenly audaciously going through alpha and beta in a heartbeat.

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
7. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Dec 13, 2018, 06:33 Muscular Beaver

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 13, 2018, 04:50:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 13, 2018, 01:31:
So DLSS crops the picture and makes it brighter?

Funfact - FF15 is not deterministic, if you play the same scene at the same day the same way you will get completely different light and clouds every single time, and clouds affect illumination. So I'd bet this was not intentional.

Even so, something seriously wonky is going on with DLSS, like the reflection in the water is PITCH BLACK (lower left) which doesn't happen in the game
Youre right, so it also moves clouds around. Interesting.

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
4. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Dec 13, 2018, 01:31 Muscular Beaver

So DLSS crops the picture and makes it brighter?  

News Comments > Car Wash Simulator Announced
1. Re: Car Wash Simulator Announced Dec 11, 2018, 21:35 Muscular Beaver

First DLC will be called "Karate Kid".  

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 10, 2018, 21:37 Muscular Beaver

Creston wrote on Dec 10, 2018, 21:29:
Yeah, how long is it going to be before we just call a spade a spade, and Youtube labels him a fucking neo-nazi, which is what he is? Oh wait, I forgot, he makes them money.

If he was a neonazi, he would be a neoliberal. Or were those the neoneonazis?
Who knows in the age of definition redefinition. But their actions and hypocrisy speak for themselves.

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 10, 2018, 21:25 Muscular Beaver

1badmf wrote on Dec 10, 2018, 19:58:
do people still watch pewds? i think at this point it's obvious he's a closet white supremacist trying not to lose his entire audience.
Oh boy... Amazing how successful propaganda is still today.
Looks like its that time of the century again...

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Dec 10, 2018, 07:24 Muscular Beaver

MeanJim wrote on Dec 9, 2018, 15:52:
Some players are unhappy that a game they spent money on is now free for anyone who wants to play (even, in some cases, players who have owned the game for years and have played for thousands of hours).

I can understand this complaint if someone bought it a few days, weeks or months ago, but if you've had the game for years and played thousands of hours, STFU. You must have thought the game was worth your money at the time.
Come on. Imagine youre a cheater and had to buy the game 12 dozen times since release. All the money you could have saved! Think of the poor cheaters!

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 8, 2018, 15:05 Muscular Beaver

Cutter wrote on Dec 8, 2018, 13:23:
Doesn't AI need to, you know, actually exist before that's an issue? Computer programs can do facial recognition and all manner of biometrics but that's a long goddamned way off from "AI". I wish they would make it illegal for companies to keep using that term. I'm sick to death to seeing it in ads all the time. It's straight up lying.
Imagine AI, which acts logical and truthful, exposing the hypocrisy and PC dictatorship. Cant let that happen. So we have to have rules for it before it can happen.
AI with bias.

News Comments > Star Citizen Engine Lawsuit May End
5. Re: Star Citizen Engine Lawsuit May End Dec 8, 2018, 14:51 Muscular Beaver

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 8, 2018, 12:16:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 8, 2018, 12:11:
I would think all the publicity from this lawsuit would have given Crytek all the publicity they required from CIG.
Like I said along with every lawyer who has reviewed the case;
Frivolous Lawsuit was Frivolous
No surprises here.

O rli?
Ye rli

News Comments > Epic Games Store Launches
20. Re: Epic Games Store Launches Dec 7, 2018, 23:58 Muscular Beaver

Cutter wrote on Dec 7, 2018, 18:07:
aka_STEVE wrote on Dec 7, 2018, 15:08:
Subnautica is awesome ........

My son won't even finish his game because he gets too creeped out at the deep depths with some of the freaky creatures...

It is awesome. I've had a lot of jump scares in the deep myself. Even in the Titan sub I don't want to come close to the big nasty fuckers down there. Can't wait for the new biome.

Same for me. Never dared to completely explore the game deep down below.
Cant wait for Below Zero.

News Comments > DayZ Leaves Early Access Next Week
8. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Dec 7, 2018, 17:57 Muscular Beaver

Kajetan wrote on Dec 7, 2018, 04:00:
The game therefore isnt full of shitbags.
Im not sure, are you talking about DayZ?
Its shitbag heaven!

2768 Comments. 139 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo