Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 2328 (Senior)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Fortnite Passes 7 Million Players
10. Re: Fortnite Passes 7 Million Players Oct 5, 2017, 13:42 Muscular Beaver

Is it just me or does this game look and feel like WoW in F2P mode for a mobile device?
Even these stupid presents and "free" stuff you get, is exactly the same as you know it from mobile device games.
That alone causes me to avoid this game. I feel so fucking insulted by games like those.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 3, 2017, 07:57 Muscular Beaver

Interesting, these 2 articles about fake news. I was there from the start and read all "news" and rumors from questionable sources, but not once did I read what they claim to be such a huge deal.

Then I read on one of those articles that Sputnik is a "Russian propaganda site", while citing 2 articles from them. Too bad those 2 articles only cited Reuters and other "credible" sources.

lol... this is getting ridiculous to a point where I think Orwell handed them a manual...

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
21. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 30, 2017, 12:11 Muscular Beaver

NicklePop wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 16:21:
Because anti-fascists are the actual fascists lol...

"Liberals" who are anything but require thought assimilation, or you're "racist, sexist, bigot, homophobe" (etc, etc)

It is 1000 times more scary seeing them "protest" and actually talking, if youre stupid enough to try a discussion with them, than Trump.
They make their real mentality very obvious, yet democrats, the media, and other neoliberals at least tolerate them, but also try to make their mentality mainstream.
George Orwell is rotating in his grave.

News Comments > Intel's "Best Gaming Processor Ever"
48. Re: Intel's Sep 26, 2017, 17:18 Muscular Beaver

theglaze wrote on Sep 26, 2017, 03:05:
Wetworks wrote on Sep 25, 2017, 21:31:
especially with newer games taking advantage of more cores and threads

I've been hearing that since they introduced quads, and the fact is still only a minority of titles even make use of 4 cores.

And for a minority of streamers broadcasting the latest whatever, I bet a 8700k is dope!
2 more cores wont be that much better for streamers.
8-10 needed there. Or even more, if you can afford it.

News Comments > Intel's "Best Gaming Processor Ever"
7. Re: Intel's Sep 25, 2017, 12:13 Muscular Beaver

Ozmodan wrote on Sep 25, 2017, 12:06:
Rofl, the I7 7700 still is king when it comes to games, many benchmarks I have seen prove it. And it is A LOT cheaper!
Well, this CPU has a lower frequency, so of course its slower in games. But who in their right mind doesnt overclock to 4.5+ GHz anyway?
7700k vs. 8700k is a $10 difference...
Its just that you have to deal with new mainboards and their always unstable firmwares again, even though not much has changed since Z170.

I would get a 8700k in a heartbeat, but I am just sick of changing my mainboard again. Not because its too expensive, but its far too much work getting the overclock working again and waiting for a working firmware, for not that much more performance.

News Comments > PUBG vs Fortnite
39. Re: New AMD Drivers Support Dual Vega GPUs Sep 25, 2017, 11:11 Muscular Beaver

Razumen wrote on Sep 24, 2017, 21:06:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 22, 2017, 21:11:
Alamar wrote on Sep 22, 2017, 11:35:
Did PUBG do anything original? Serious question... No interest in it, and didn't even know Fortnite had a Battle Royale mode, which as a game concept has been around since what, the first generation of shooters?
?
Battle Royale is pretty new. And the guy who created PUBG was pretty much the father of it. So no, theres not much new in it, except some details. But why should it be a concern, if that guy invented that game type anyway? He knew what the other games/mods lacked and he made it better. He succeeded like a boss.

Lol, Battle Royale is not new, as a gameplay mode it's existed in countless games, mods, and other things way before PUBG. There's even a Japanese movie made in 2000 that is the inspiration for most of these games. It's only recently become so popular because the a popular developer finally came up with a combination of mechanics (scavenging, open world) that appeals to a large amount of people. Nothing in PUBG is really new, and the developer certainly didn't create the genre, though I do give him credit for HOW he's made the game.
Nope sorry. Its pretty new. The first one was a DayZ/Arma 2 mod. That is pretty new as a genre.
And yes he created the genre. The others werent called battle royale and they lacked important parts of what defines battle royale. Its that simple

News Comments > PUBG vs Fortnite
33. Re: New AMD Drivers Support Dual Vega GPUs Sep 22, 2017, 21:11 Muscular Beaver

Alamar wrote on Sep 22, 2017, 11:35:
Did PUBG do anything original? Serious question... No interest in it, and didn't even know Fortnite had a Battle Royale mode, which as a game concept has been around since what, the first generation of shooters?
?
Battle Royale is pretty new. And the guy who created PUBG was pretty much the father of it. So no, theres not much new in it, except some details. But why should it be a concern, if that guy invented that game type anyway? He knew what the other games/mods lacked and he made it better. He succeeded like a boss.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Trailer
2. Re: Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Trailer Sep 19, 2017, 14:12 Muscular Beaver

That is the most pathetic launch trailer I have seen in a long time.
Their announcement trailer was much better.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 16, 2017, 11:20 Muscular Beaver

DangerDog wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 21:17:
poor youtube tubbies, can't make any money playing games all day.

Your envy is showing.
With that attitude you would need to also be against any other entertainers or any people who have a job that is also their hobby.

News Comments > Wild West Online Closed Alpha
8. Re: Wild West Online Closed Alpha Sep 15, 2017, 21:07 Muscular Beaver

Moog wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 15:51:
As much as I'd love a Western MMO, I'll be avoiding this one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDY6z2W-qjQ
Looked interesting, until I saw that video.
Thanks for probably saving me some headache.

News Comments > Dead by Daylight Free Weekend
1. Re: Dead by Daylight Free Weekend Sep 15, 2017, 07:19 Muscular Beaver

Another one with a chainsaw?
No wonder they need to put it on free and 50% lower again, with all their bugs from 1.5 years ago and still horrible balance. Not to mention the bad gameplay design that literally promotes griefing and exploiting and the incompetent developers that always promise to do something about all that, but never do and instead make it worse with every patch. Most likely because they know how their game attracts toxic people and they would lose a huge chunk of their player base, if they would remove those griefing options or would ban people exploiting and ruining the game for honest people.

Games and devs like these, when looking at their player count, really let me lose faith in humanity.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass for Free
5. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass for Free Sep 13, 2017, 11:27 Muscular Beaver

It really was fun for the first 2 hours. Then you realized how bad it really is and youve only been playing it for that long because its Star Wars.
Ive never played an open Beta that shortly.

News Comments > PUBG Status Update
2. Re: PUBG Status Update Sep 12, 2017, 13:43 Muscular Beaver

Primalchrome wrote on Sep 12, 2017, 13:11:
it's just as pain in the ass OP mechanic like skiing was in Starsiege : Tribes.
???
Skiing (which was actually a bug) made that game!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2017, 14:26 Muscular Beaver

jdreyer wrote on Sep 10, 2017, 13:09:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 10, 2017, 12:45:
I am astonished you found 3 videos on Videosift that arent political bullying.
That site has turned into an extremist echo chamber, its tragic to see.
LOL. I just went there to verify. There were a couple of videos out of the top 20 that we're political, but the vast majority were nonpolitical.

As for the popularity of political videos in general, you may have noticed that we are currently living through a contentious political period.

That most of the popular political videos have a liberal bent, well liberals are simply better at producing viral content. The Daily Show, SNL, Colbert Report, etc, etc, there are simply no conservative equivalents.
Oh so it has some days where there are not over 60% one sided political crap videos? Might be from time to time, I dont visit that site anymore, since I left it because of so much crap like that over the tiniest of things. I want to go there to have fun, to be entertained, not to be confronted with childish political conflicts that already ruin everyones daily life.
But your political orientation is obvious, so I am not surprised you try to defend it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2017, 12:45 Muscular Beaver

I am astonished you found 3 videos on Videosift that arent political bullying.
How that site turned into an one-sided political echo chamber, was tragic to see.

News Comments > Arma 3 Laws of War Released
11. Re: Arma 3 Laws of War Released Sep 8, 2017, 13:40 Muscular Beaver

jdreyer wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 13:09:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 05:31:
yuastnav wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 02:46:
They should get onto ARMA4 though

Oh, how I wish they finally would. I cant stand these fantasy weapons and vehicles.
Not to mention in ArmA 4 Dean Hall wouldnt be present to ruin the animations and other things.

Hey, I heard CoD is doing WW2 this year. No fantasy weapons there.
Yeah. No.

8. Re: Arma 3 Laws of War Released Sep 8, 2017, 10:41 Muscular Beaver

Numinar wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 09:41:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 05:31:

Oh, how I wish they finally would. I cant stand these fantasy weapons and vehicles.
Not to mention in ArmA 4 Dean Hall wouldnt be present to ruin the animations and other things.

I agree with this except animations, and maybe I'm too dumb to notice but A3 seems to move and feel way better than the older games.

Well, some animations are ok. But the most important ones (movement) are ridiculously stiff and unnatural. ArmA 2 running animations were spot on. ArmA 3 running animations look like from previous generation games (before ArmA 2).
Playing 3rd person is eye torture in ArmA 3, because of how your character moves and how the camera is anchored. That felt so much better in ArmA 2.

5. Re: Arma 3 Laws of War Released Sep 8, 2017, 05:31 Muscular Beaver

News Comments > Ark Expansion Announced
8. Re: Ark Expansion Announced Sep 4, 2017, 06:18 Muscular Beaver

I tried this game recently, after it went final.
I was very disappointed. Everyone said its very beautiful. But it isnt. It looks cheap. You have to turn up the resolution scale to max for it to look bearable in the distance. My PC can handle it, but then its still not that pretty. Yeah, some dinosaur models look awesome, until they start moving.
Some of the worst animations Ive seen in such a long developed and popular game. Looks super "pretty" when half of a giant dinosaur suddenly hangs in the air, because it turned on a hill. Or when you see half a Megalodon pop out of the water all the time, because its stuck on a reef or is "hunting" birds on the surface. Not to mention you running through the jungle and suddenly a big ass dinosaur spawning right in front of you, or you going along the beach and suddenly a big dinosaur popping up out of thin air on the other side of the coast.

Also its just more of the same stupid base building goal. If I want something like that, I play Minecraft. I think even Conan Exiles is a better game like that.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 3, 2017, 19:36 Muscular Beaver

Dont trust Google on anything anymore.
They are going mental right now. They are so fucking crazy they even hit their supporters in their rage.
No idea where it ends, but I know where its heading right now. Orwells 1984 seems to be their Bible.

2328 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo