Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 2161 (Senior)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 20, 2017, 10:26 Muscular Beaver

Primalchrome wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 09:39:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 19, 2017, 20:39:
Holy shit... So many cheaters now and the lag issues arent fixed either...
How is this so successful?
By 'lag' do you mean performance of your machine? It is *far* from optimized, but if you have a decent machine you should have fair performance. If you're running a lower end rig....it can be pretty rough. As for the cheaters, it's worse if you play during the 'Chinese evening'. That said....I have a few hundred hours in the game and have only ever run across a handful of actual cheaters using hacks. A lot of people howl about hax just because of situational awareness or better gunplay...
Nah, my PC is very fast. Its actual server lag, as reported thousands of times by other players as well.
I know what a human player can do and what they cant. Ive played shooters for 25 years. Also I played the alpha and beta of this game and there were no cheaters whatsoever. They only started to pop up with the public release and even then they werent nowhere close as numerous as they are now. I played for almost 200 hours before I stopped.

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2017, 10:41.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 19, 2017, 20:39 Muscular Beaver

I recently played PUBG again after a few months of pause because of those massive lag issues.
Holy shit... So many cheaters now and the lag issues arent fixed either...
How is this so successful?
I even prefer to play Fortnite instead, even though I hate its sluggish console controls.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints
92. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints Nov 19, 2017, 06:59 Muscular Beaver

Kxmode wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 00:56:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 22:11:
And as a veteran gamer (although I think everyone here is a veteran gamer) I think games should be fun, not work

I agree with that. There's a balance to know where fun becomes work and visa versa. I will say that there are things I would love to have in a game that the work to obtain has rendered all but impossible. Case in point, a GW2 legendary. I still don't own one. However, I've never felt compelled to complain to ArenaNet about the difficulty of obtaining a precursor, nor the time associated with creating one. For those that do have one, they remain scarce, and for that reason, they have high value. If Anet were to ever make them common they would lose their value. That will happen with those unlockable heroes and skills in SWBF2 multiplayer.
And yet legendaries in GW2 are only cosmetic. Not even vaguely comparable with this.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Launches
78. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Launches Nov 19, 2017, 06:31 Muscular Beaver

Slick wrote on Nov 18, 2017, 19:23:
Great reddit post that sums up all the bullshit with this "movement"

There are real problems with progression, but that has spawned this cascade of lies, disinformation, and FUD across the galaxy. It's staggering. Anyone who enjoys the game gets downvoted into oblivion and harassed, having people PM them spoilers or threaten to dox.
That guy is talking about "armchair lawyers", while not even realizing that Belgium is actually investigating this game as gambling. BS like that alone disqualifies this as a "good post".

And if you do shit, dont be surprised that it gets blown out of proportion. I mean, do you criticize stuff like that when its going against Trump, he gets attacked massively for stupid jokes, for example? I didnt think so.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 18, 2017, 06:21 Muscular Beaver

RSS didnt do it well either. Aside from the consolish controls, the main reason why I never bought it after trying it on free weekends. Nothing to be proud of.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Living World Return Nears
5. Re: Guild Wars 2 Living World Return Nears Nov 16, 2017, 19:18 Muscular Beaver

Wash Washburne wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 17:06:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 09:40:
Wash Washburne wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 07:56:
After a very long time of absence, finally jumped back in with PoF expansion, bloody brilliant, many changes and improvements, absolutely love how mounts changed the dynamic of traversing the world, can't say I'm a fan of Heart of Thorns, however do like how it brought in gliding and all the different mastery chains. Kinda excited and rather interested to see how will this episode effect the world of Guild Wars.
Same here.
The way mounts have been implemented, is probably the best way ever in an MMORPG.
I still was disappointed by the lack of content. Its really not that much and wont keep you busy for long. The thing that really keeps you playing is still getting every character equipped with ascended gear and exploring all the zones completely with every character. Achievements too, to some extend. And that all is a huge grind. A lot seem to enjoy the huge grind for legendary stuff, which are essentially only skins, which almost all look ridiculously overdone.
So I already know I will stop playing it again at the latest in a few weeks.

They should make more useful and stronger (for combat) mastery abilities. And the build system is still far too complicated. You actually need to fucking study the game for days and weeks to find the build that is best or suits you best. And for that I never had the patience. Im still playing what might be a really crappy build (and theres not an easy way to even measure how good or bad it is), and coming back to the game after years, makes it extremely hard to find a good build for every of your several level 80 characters.

Also its far too melee-centered. As a glass cannon ranged youre still SOL and need better reactions than in an FPS, and most of the time its simply impossible to avoid everything and not at least get downed (and lose all the charges you get from sigils).

For some one that is slowly grinding all the achievements in PvE, there is still enough content to explore, however I see where you coming from, perhaps they are saving it for Living World.

Stronger combat mastery would be fantastic, some of the hoards in HoT are very annoying, pretty much why I don't get to spend too much time in there.

Haha, one day some one in the map chat was complaining about getting one shotted in WvW events, while some other person chimed in: "Welcome to Build Wars!!!" haha, I don't do any PvP myself and my builds are very generic, even in PvE get my ass handed to me on regular basis, haha and probably wouldn't last very long in WvW.

I get my fun in taking down big ass monsters that jump maps

Kxmode wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 13:45:
Been with GW2 since the beginning. It remains the only MMO I still play today.

P.S. Griffon mount is so much fun!

I've yet to unlock it myself, just about to master Skimmer hehe
Yeah, I gave up on PvP/WvW very quickly. Though WvW has its own pros. Totally different than the other PvP. But not planning to play that seriously either.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Living World Return Nears
2. Re: Guild Wars 2 Living World Return Nears Nov 16, 2017, 09:40 Muscular Beaver

Wash Washburne wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 07:56:
After a very long time of absence, finally jumped back in with PoF expansion, bloody brilliant, many changes and improvements, absolutely love how mounts changed the dynamic of traversing the world, can't say I'm a fan of Heart of Thorns, however do like how it brought in gliding and all the different mastery chains. Kinda excited and rather interested to see how will this episode effect the world of Guild Wars.
Same here.
The way mounts have been implemented, is probably the best way ever in an MMORPG.
I still was disappointed by the lack of content. Its really not that much and wont keep you busy for long. The thing that really keeps you playing is still getting every character equipped with ascended gear and exploring all the zones completely with every character. Achievements too, to some extend. And that all is a huge grind. A lot seem to enjoy the huge grind for legendary stuff, which are essentially only skins, which almost all look ridiculously overdone.
So I already know I will stop playing it again at the latest in a few weeks.

They should make more useful and stronger (for combat) mastery abilities. And the build system is still far too complicated. You actually need to fucking study the game for days and weeks to find the build that is best or suits you best. And for that I never had the patience. Im still playing what might be a really crappy build (and theres not an easy way to even measure how good or bad it is), and coming back to the game after years, makes it extremely hard to find a good build for every of your several level 80 characters.

Also its far too melee-centered. As a glass cannon ranged youre still SOL and need better reactions than in an FPS, and most of the time its simply impossible to avoid everything and not at least get downed (and lose all the charges you get from sigils).

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 13, 2017, 09:58 Muscular Beaver

NewMaxx wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 07:12:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 02:08:
I cant believe how CoD is that successful... Its one of the worst games I have seen in a long time.

You'd think so but then Angry Joe gave it a 6/10 and if you check out the other games he gave that score (e.g., Destiny 2), it's not really a bad rating. How he can give that to a game with zero authenticity, braindead mechanics, and social lootboxes is beyond me. Personally I found it so repulsive that I may never play the series again.
He sometimes rates really weird. Ive also seen games he hated with a passion, which actually were really good.

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 13, 2017, 02:08 Muscular Beaver

I cant believe how CoD is that successful... Its one of the worst games I have seen in a long time.  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Nov 12, 2017, 02:41 Muscular Beaver

That game still looks pretty nice today. 10 years later!
Even some games today dont look that good.

I enjoyed it a lot back then, even though I only played it with 15 to 30 fps. Loved the different ways you could choose to complete a mission. Crysis 2 and 3 werent that great anymore. I didnt like the urban maps.

News Comments > Videogame Voice Actor Strike Ends
6. Re: Videogame Voice Actor Strike Ends Nov 8, 2017, 15:20 Muscular Beaver

Linksil wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 15:03:
I'm sorry but one of the first things I do is turn down the music and turn on subs because VA'ing in video games is still horrible. Unless it's an import. I thought they already got paid per session, but I guess not.

I'm confused by some of the stuff that the management tried to get in but didn't. Most of it seemed like common sense to have. Fining someone for being late or not even giving a damn/distracted during a VA session seems like a no brainer. I know if I show up to work and I don't do my job, they send you home and I don't get paid. Also it looks like the agents don't have to submit progormers for the non main character voices, but the studios can't find subs that arn't in the union. That seems way to constrictive. Maybe it just means that if your staff does voices you have to pay them like the normal VA's?

I don't see anything about royalties.

NOW they just need to start paying the real people behind the games like programmers and artists better.
Someone has never heard foreign voice acting.
American voice acting is glorious compared to other countries. And that is probably because VA there are treated even worse than in the USA.

News Comments > Total War: ROME II - Empire Divided This Month
1. Re: Total War: ROME II - Empire Divided This Month Nov 8, 2017, 15:17 Muscular Beaver

Have the bugs and design flaws in this game ever been fixed?  

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Launches
18. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Launches Nov 2, 2017, 22:38 Muscular Beaver

jdreyer wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 17:19:
Saboth wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 15:42:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 15:40:
It's a pretty sweet product, almost a 1080, but $50-100 less. Looks like the sweet spot is 1440P.

My regular 1070 already handles any game at 1440 maxed out though...

I could have sworn I heard Nvida say they'd never make a XX70ti.

They probably did say that, not expecting AMD to be able to pull off Vega as well as they did.

As for your non-Ti 1070, I'm sure it's fine, but you'd get another 7-8 frames with a Ti. But a 1070 Ti isn't quite there to power 4K at max detail at 60 FPS. Thus 1440P.

Also, what CJ said.
Even a 1080 Ti isnt up to the job 100% for 4k and 60+ FPS.
GPUs are very far behind of our current needs right now.
I think in 1 to 3 generations we can safely make 4K standard, but right now, its just not possible.
Pascal is far over a year old now too, so I would wait with buying a new one, until Volta comes out (slated Q4 2017).
Hopefully with Volta we will see mainstream cards that are able to handle 4k at least as well as a 1080 Ti.

I will do it as I have done so for a few years now: Get the new mainstream one as soon as the prices have settled from the first hype, and sell the old one while its still worth something.

News Comments > Ubisoft Denies Denuvo Slowing Assassin's Creed: Origins
40. Re: Re: Ubisoft Denies Denuvo Slowing Assassin's Creed: Origins Nov 2, 2017, 12:43 Muscular Beaver

Beamer wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 12:09:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 08:54:
Beamer wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 08:45:
LittleMe wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 02:22:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 01:47:
NamecaF wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 00:55:
Rigs wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 23:52:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 23:10:
Most of the complaints appear to come from people with hardware specs like two 1080TIs and an i7-4770K.

#RichWhiteBoyProblems

Hmmm, I seem to remember when Ubi said it was essential to have always-online DRM and that it 'enhanced' the experience. Crazy

=-Rigs-=

Fuck off racist

Please take your snarkodetector in for calibration. It seems to be off.

NamecaF's comment was pertinent considering what's happening today. Seemed like NamecaF delivered poetic justice to me. As we all know, all white people are racist and it's perfectly fine to attack and slander white people based on the color of their skin. Oh wait that's racist.

NBC news called all gamers racist recently in their propaganda hit piece. The wound is sore and soft and Rigs hit it. Not Rigs' fault but really, don't go there. No I don't expect Blue to post the link since it so clearly exposed the alt-left lies so here it is anyway.

Isn't there some Flat Earth rumor you should be off believing?
Of course you're also concerned about racism against white people, and of course you also say something dumb like NBC called "all" gamers racist. Does NBC say "all?" No. But you're so desperate to be offended you hear it.

Gamers like their hardware to be ugly and full or idiotic lights. Do all gamers like this? No. But no one gets angry when it's said, people just acknowledge that yes, there are gamers who do. And, if you go to reddit, there are lots of gamers who are into white power politics. If you go onto literally any voice chat there are gamers screaming it all day long. But if someone says out loud that gamers do this, someone like you doesn't go "yeah, why do you hear this stuff more while gaming than anywhere else," you go "HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE ALL GAMERS OF THIS!"

I generally find those that get most angry at this tend to also be the ones screaming the n word in every game they play. It's not a perfect correlation, but fairly close. The "how dare they call me deplorable" people typically end up being the deplorable people.
You fling around quite a lot of stereotypes for a morally superior person.
Just the usual hypocrisy on the way to hell, paved with good intentions...

What stereotypes?
I spent a lot of time over the summer playing CS:Go. I got called the f word or n word pretty much nonstop. That never, ever happens to me anywhere else. But I didn't play a single round of CS:Go in which someone didn't call someone else that.

I don't feel this is a controversial statement, it's more factual.

Seriously, what stereotypes do you think I mentioned?
I have been playing CSGO since 2012 and have never even once heard that word. Others, yeah. But what makes you think video games are free of assholes that often use words they dont really mean, because they are insecure little children? Quite the opposite actually. In the 90s I learned that already. You havent learned that even now, it seems. Deal with it, if you want all people to be the same, all you will get is a society like in 1984. If youre too sensitive, ignore people like them, they shut up as quickly as they started spewing out BS like that. And sometimes you actually make friends with them and they turn out not being that bad and had only a bad day or whatever. Happened quite a few times to me. I got to know my best friend out of a situation like that, when we clashed in a game and he thought I am an asshole and vice versa, at first.
Of course if youre anti social and stereotype everyone, like... well... you just did, you wont make friends easily period. And you asking for stereotypes you mentioned makes it obvious again, that you have no clue what youre even saying. The hypocrisy... Normally I would say youre very young, but you cant be. So its obvious and I wont waste more time with you.

31. Re: Re: Ubisoft Denies Denuvo Slowing Assassin's Creed: Origins Nov 2, 2017, 10:46 Muscular Beaver

Numinar wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 09:34:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 08:54:
Most of the complaints appear to come from people with hardware specs like two 1080TIs and an i7-4770K.

#RichWhiteBoyProblems

Hmmm, I seem to remember when Ubi said it was essential to have always-online DRM and that it 'enhanced' the experience. Crazy

=-Rigs-=

Fuck off racist

NamecaF's comment was pertinent considering what's happening today. Seemed like NamecaF delivered poetic justice to me. As we all know, all white people are racist and it's perfectly fine to attack and slander white people based on the color of their skin. Oh wait that's racist.

NBC news called all gamers racist recently in their propaganda hit piece. The wound is sore and soft and Rigs hit it. Not Rigs' fault but really, don't go there. No I don't expect Blue to post the link since it so clearly exposed the alt-left lies so here it is anyway.

Of course you're also concerned about racism against white people, and of course you also say something dumb like NBC called "all" gamers racist. Does NBC say "all?" No. But you're so desperate to be offended you hear it.

Gamers like their hardware to be ugly and full or idiotic lights. Do all gamers like this? No. But no one gets angry when it's said, people just acknowledge that yes, there are gamers who do. And, if you go to reddit, there are lots of gamers who are into white power politics. If you go onto literally any voice chat there are gamers screaming it all day long. But if someone says out loud that gamers do this, someone like you doesn't go "yeah, why do you hear this stuff more while gaming than anywhere else," you go "HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE ALL GAMERS OF THIS!"

I generally find those that get most angry at this tend to also be the ones screaming the n word in every game they play. It's not a perfect correlation, but fairly close. The "how dare they call me deplorable" people typically end up being the deplorable people.

Is it hypocrisy? I meet trolls and white supremacists all the time in games that allow people to communicate freely (My first abuse ever was being called 'fucking dinosaur' in Halo 2).

In real life I (Almost) never meet anyone like this. Conservatives and racists maybe, but nothing like what happens online for whatever reason. I don't know how serious they are being but I don't see a reason not to take people at their word.

The stereotypes are awful, and our communities are getting stained by these pricks. My personal theory is that since gaming culture is global, you see more of the backwards ass thoughts that still dominate most the planet when it comes to views on race and gender combined with anonymity that lets closet assholes be their true selves but that is just me being a little bit racist/bigoted myself maybe.

Unlike twitter, the insane bullshit you say in an MP game is not broadcast to the whole planet or even recorded. Some people see that as a license to go full cunt.
Stereotyping other people is a main part of racism, yet these hypocrites use stereotypes just like any racist and dont even realize it. Same mentality, just a different color. And history has also proven that these people are just the same in just a different color.
Extremists are extremists.

27. Re: Re: Ubisoft Denies Denuvo Slowing Assassin's Creed: Origins Nov 2, 2017, 08:54 Muscular Beaver

#RichWhiteBoyProblems

=-Rigs-=

Fuck off racist

19. Re: Re: Ubisoft Denies Denuvo Slowing Assassin's Creed: Origins Nov 2, 2017, 02:51 Muscular Beaver

#RichWhiteBoyProblems

=-Rigs-=

Fuck off racist

Ugh. Tough to even watch.
Its really getting out of hand... Its like a civil war is being fought just with lies and propaganda...

Thanks for linking that here, because it would have passed by me completely.

18. Re: Re: Ubisoft Denies Denuvo Slowing Assassin's Creed: Origins Nov 2, 2017, 02:26 Muscular Beaver

NKD wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 02:17:
Basically after a string of Denuvo-protected games getting cracked instantly, the pirates ran into issues with this particular combination of VMProtect and Denuvo. Now the rumor is spreading that it's causing massive performance issues or something, the sole source being a pirate working on cracking it.

The thing is, the only thing they've shown is that the DRM exists and does something. They haven't proved that the instructions its calling are computationally expensive, or even to what percentage of the CPU time is being spent on it. There are literally no numbers from the original source, so who knows where the 30-40% CPU usage came from.

It's just dumb speculation.
Actually it was that very cracker who talked about 30-40%.
That new Denuvo versions at least can cause massive amounts of CPU usage has been proven already with the Rime disaster. And when you read about that, then its very likely, that Ubisoft tried something similar, by increasing the checks per minute, to make it harder to crack, and will lower it in a later patch, when the release hype is over. Of course then the issues will most likely be solved.
How they put it with their stupid "30 FPS" phrase, makes that even more likely.

Youre a long time PC gamer, you should know that many people (even devs) have said before that DRM systems are a pain to implement and cause lots of bugs and performance issues.

14. Re: Re: Ubisoft Denies Denuvo Slowing Assassin's Creed: Origins Nov 2, 2017, 02:13 Muscular Beaver

If the DRM shipped with the game, then I haven't noticed any performance issues, other than a weird cutscene bug that I was able to correct. UbiSoft is saying why people are experiencing problems. They optimized the game for medium ranged systems (their most significant potential customer base); not low or ultra machines. Most of the complaints appear to come from people with hardware specs like two 1080TIs and an i7-4770K.
People (with all kinds of PCs, incl. mid-range) have been complaining about unnecessary high CPU usage and low FPS, even with 4-core CPUs, compared to other games with the same engine. And they say 30 FPS is ok and you say its about the GPU and Hyperthreading?
Has deflection become an accepted way of discussion lately?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 1, 2017, 07:24 Muscular Beaver

I noticed some devices not having an TOSlink connector anymore. Those are the ones I dont buy.
If they think they need to save on it, they are dead wrong. It has many advantages over analog and metal connections that I dont want to miss anymore.

2161 Comments. 109 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo