Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1902 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 19, 2016, 05:01 Muscular Beaver

So? Still feels like an early alpha. Just like Windows 10 itself.  

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak DLC Next Week
1. Re: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak DLC Next Week Mar 16, 2016, 06:30 Muscular Beaver

Its a great RTS. One of the best in the last 10 years. But its single player campaign was just too short.
I dont care much about skirmish (unless its a game like Supreme Commander) or multiplayer, so this DLC doesnt matter to me.
Make a full blown expansion, and I will buy it instantly.

Oh and how about a Homeworld 3?

News Comments > EverQuest Next Cancelled
34. Re: EverQuest Next Cancelled Mar 12, 2016, 09:33 Muscular Beaver

NKD wrote on Mar 12, 2016, 03:54:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Mar 12, 2016, 02:55:
I found EverQuest Next and Project 1999 pretty much on the same day.
I think its obvious which of both got my money and is played by me.

Neither because Project 1999 is free?
Nope. They accept donations. Better money invested than in this failure.

News Comments > EverQuest Next Cancelled
28. Re: EverQuest Next Cancelled Mar 12, 2016, 02:55 Muscular Beaver

I found EverQuest Next and Project 1999 pretty much on the same day.
I think its obvious which of both got my money and is played by me.

News Comments > Dead Island 2 Lives
3. Re: Dead Island 2 Lives Mar 10, 2016, 11:39 Muscular Beaver

Lets wait and see... and prolly be disappointed.  

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
14. Re: New GeForce Drivers Mar 8, 2016, 07:54 Muscular Beaver

I got a 970 too, and its the worst card I ever spent money on.
I cant wait for the next generation, that much I want to get rid of it. Its also loud, hot and voltage locked, on which EVGA is more to blame.

As Lord Tea I see many games that use over 3.5 GB VRAM, and some even start to slow down because of it. GTA 5 is worst so far. Its also a pretty old card and I am seeing performance issues with it in general now (or maybe also caused because the slow 512 MB are being utilized).
4 GB would have been barely enough for a card that is probably going to be 18 or 19 months old (yet many people will use it far longer than that). But it only has 3.5 GB, which is NOT enough.

News Comments > Hitman DirectX 12 Support
18. Re: Hitman DirectX 12 Support Mar 5, 2016, 20:02 Muscular Beaver

descender wrote on Mar 5, 2016, 19:52:
So it's exactly what I said it was, a poor one-sided example of DX12. Right.

You could have just agreed with me and not invent your own arguement against me as a "fanboy" so you can vent.

Nice. I am speechless at such blatant and audacious spinning of words and hypocrisy.
Pop, and youre right, huh?
I wont waste my time with you in the future. Unbelievable...

AC = Asynchronous Computing, as mentioned in this article.

14. Re: Hitman DirectX 12 Support Mar 5, 2016, 19:33 Muscular Beaver

descender wrote on Mar 5, 2016, 18:46:
"oh please" indeed. The game was developed as a showcase for Mantle and AMD was heavily involved in optimizing it for their cards already. You know... those "unfair and biased" reasons.

Maybe it's time for you to find a different way to disagree with people than to fling insults.

Or maybe its time for you to accept facts you dont like.
Hardware AC doesnt work on Nvidia cards, so of course they will have a performance hit compared to AMD cards, which have hardware AC support, no matter how much you optimize. P E R I O D.
This topic has been chewed through many times a few months ago on pretty much every hardware site, but fanboys just dont want to accept reality. Do you think I am happy about this as an Nvidia user who bought an expensive card that was supposed to be fully DX12 compatible??? Youre beating a dead horse here and attacking me for getting sick of it.
Good job.

EDIT: Oh and Nvidia was also involved a lot in its development, yet the developers stated clearly that they had problems with AC and that Nvidia pressured them to change their benchmark so it wouldnt be obvious. Thats what initiated this shitstorm in the first place. Nvidia was caught lying once again. And you would know that if you were informed or not a fanboy.

This comment was edited on Mar 5, 2016, 19:41.

12. Re: Hitman DirectX 12 Support Mar 5, 2016, 17:53 Muscular Beaver

descender wrote on Mar 5, 2016, 17:29:
I have heard that DirectX 12 uses techniques similar to AMD's Mantle so it figures Mantle-ready cards benefit. Now, does this mean that Nvidia has dropped the ball so far with DX12, or that AMD messed up DX11 and older? Market share suggests the later.

Ashes of Singularity might as well have "developed and approved by AMD" stamped on it. It's unfortunate that it's the only current benchmark of DX12 implementation, because it's a terribly one-sided example.

I wonder if DX12 will have less of the latency and lag issues that prior vsync implementations did. I'm also kind of surprised that they didn't roll up what freesync/gsync do into something universal.
What? Because Nvidias cards dont support AC hardware-side, its a one sided example? Oh please...... I mean I have a Nvidia card myself and dont like AMD cards because of other reasons, but this fanboyism is really getting ridiculous. You hear the same pathetic excuses on the 3.5 GB problem with the GTX 970...

11. Re: Hitman DirectX 12 Support Mar 5, 2016, 17:49 Muscular Beaver

Quinn wrote on Mar 5, 2016, 16:08:
DangerDog wrote on Mar 5, 2016, 15:12:
This article reports that DX12 is forcing vsync on.

What we are seeing is the first implications of a new pipeline for graphics and compositing. WDDM 2.0 (Windows Display Driver Model) is a very big shift from what existed previously with WDDM 1.3. The days of exclusive fullscreen gaming may be on the way out as Microsoft shifts developers and hardware vendors into a standard path through the OS compositor rather than bypassing it. Implications for this change are only beginning to be understood, but letís see how it affects Ashes of the Singularity today.
[url=http://www.pcper.com/reviews/General-Tech/PC-Gaming-Shakeup-Ashes-Singularity-DX12-and-Microsoft-Store[/url]

If DX12 forces on vsync, I'm extra happy I bought that 144hz monitor.

And even I with just a 75 Hz monitor am happy, because that would mean it would force manufacturers to finally bring out more high Hertz IPS monitors and that would also mean they would get much cheaper.

News Comments > Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die
57. Re: Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die Mar 4, 2016, 16:21 Muscular Beaver

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 14:02:
It affects way too many high profile businesses to be a threat so I'm really not that worried.
I thought that about Windows 10s spying. Yet it still happened and many businesses are adapting to it. They know very well its problematic, so they simply fight it with Firewalls and other bullshit like that. Just to think about it: Having to fight your own OS.

I am 100% sure that the world is starving for an alternative already. And I sure hope its coming soon.

News Comments > etc., etc.
10. Re: etc., etc. Mar 3, 2016, 13:05 Muscular Beaver

Beamer wrote on Mar 3, 2016, 12:19:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Mar 3, 2016, 12:08:
Beamer wrote on Mar 3, 2016, 11:55:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Mar 3, 2016, 11:34:
I knew from the very first footage from it that its scenery had something very familiar, even though I played FC4 only for like 3 hours before I quit it.
Really getting ridiculous.
Wait for it now, they are going to blame pirates or the theme.

Blood Dragon reused the FC3 map, I don't see anyone complaining.

And before someone says "well, that was $15," this is true, but:

a) Do you pay for a game, or a map? If the only value added is a map, well...

b) The map is the same in 2D but not at all the same in 3D. They completely changed it when you're actually in it. Just the sketch is the same

I mean, multiple games have used NYC as the map. They look the same in 2D. They don't look the same in 3D.
Youre kidding, right?
Yes, its exactly the price!
Your points are moot.

Every rock and piece of foliage is in a different place. The cliffs are different. The river follows a different path. The lakes are different sizes.

Every single polygon, every texture, every object, has been rebuilt, to the point that it's very unlikely that they merely made adjustments and much more likely they either built from scratch or modified a very early version that didn't have any detail.

I had several dozen hours into FC3 and probably a dozen in BD, never once noticed map similarities, but again, it was identical.

BD was a very special game, it didnt really matter that it was on the same map. You cant compare that with this case. And it was $15. As I said already, thats exactly the point.
I said already that I already noticed similarities just from watching a bit of gameplay footage and me not having much experience in FC4. Even a lot of animations look very similar.
Its a god damn full price game! If it was $15 or even $30 I doubt anyone would complain.

7. Re: etc., etc. Mar 3, 2016, 12:08 Muscular Beaver

Beamer wrote on Mar 3, 2016, 11:55:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Mar 3, 2016, 11:34:
I knew from the very first footage from it that its scenery had something very familiar, even though I played FC4 only for like 3 hours before I quit it.

Blood Dragon reused the FC3 map, I don't see anyone complaining.

And before someone says "well, that was $15," this is true, but:

a) Do you pay for a game, or a map? If the only value added is a map, well...

b) The map is the same in 2D but not at all the same in 3D. They completely changed it when you're actually in it. Just the sketch is the same

I mean, multiple games have used NYC as the map. They look the same in 2D. They don't look the same in 3D.
Youre kidding, right?
Yes, its exactly the price!
Your points are moot.

5. Re: etc., etc. Mar 3, 2016, 11:34 Muscular Beaver

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 6: Apex for Windows 10
14. Re: Forza Motorsport 6: Apex for Windows 10 Mar 1, 2016, 12:43 Muscular Beaver

Mordhaus wrote on Mar 1, 2016, 10:28:
IE, Please install Win10, we'll give you a free game!
Well I have it installed, but the store disabled. So still, no thanks.

News Comments > Dirty Bomb Ranked Season One Begins
6. Re: Dirty Bomb Ranked Season One Begins Feb 26, 2016, 05:57 Muscular Beaver

Good to know. Guess I will give it another chance then.  

News Comments > DOOM Uncut for Germany
20. Re: DOOM Uncut for Germany Feb 25, 2016, 13:43 Muscular Beaver

El Pit wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 13:34:
CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 13:18:
Fuck this country at the moment. Seriously.

Hello my AfD friend, you DO know that a lot more rapes in 2015 were commited by Germans than by immigrants? Yes, Cologne was horrible and the hundreds of idiots should be kicked out of the country, but you should understand that out of more than a million immigrants, there HAVE to be criminals among them. No, they are not all saints coming to Germany, just like the Germans are not all saints. But that is how it goes: less than 1% are criminals, so they ALL are criminals. That's exactly how fascism works.

About local police reports: there have been some reports that in some places, police would not report the nationality of criminals being caught to a) not feed the fires already burning (again, people will point out EVERY SINGLE immigrant commiting a crime, because not a single report goes "German Rapes Girl", but would definitely write "Immigrant Rapes Girl" if this shit happens) and b) not to be called racists themselves. But if YOU would check your own newspaper, you might find LOTS of reports by police officers themselves exposing lies about "crimes by immigrants" in their area that actually never happened. Now, some people will say that those officers are bought or put under pressure to lie, but is that not a clear sign of paranoia?

Yes, there are immigrants who will not even accept talking to a female police officer, but so are some German criminals, too. They don't think of women as equal - see, it's not an "immigrant" thing, it's a sexist thing.

Saying that the media, the police, the government are all lying is also sounding pretty paranoid. Even worse than those guys criticizing Windows 10 while using Android mobile phones.

And about those crimes: I've provided a link to a website dealing with fake reports about crimes commited by immigrants. Go, take a look, maybe some stories you heard about shit supposedly going down in your area might be wrong, too.
Oh god, you make obvious that there is no point showing you facts. Blind ideology. Nothing can punch through that. Religious people prove that every day.
Have a nice day, but dont come running here once youre confronted with cold hard reality.

17. Re: DOOM Uncut for Germany Feb 25, 2016, 13:24 Muscular Beaver

El Pit wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 12:47:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 12:11:
nin wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 11:58:
Ahumado wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 11:52:
If the country lets women get raped and attacked by immigrants then denies it happens....fake violence should be entirely acceptable.

I'll give that a 5/10...some effort to troll, but not too much.

Its funny how people dont believe that actually happens here. Well, I didnt either at first.
I assure you, it happens. A lot.
They even admit it. They say they are not reporting about it, are manipulating statistics and let them run to not strengthen the extreme right wingers in their arguments, to preserve peace.

I assure you. It does NOT happen a lot. It's about as often an immigrant commiting a crime as it is a German. Of course, nazis and fascists post lies and fake stories about crimes and even use photoshop to forge "proof photos". There are already a lot of websites in Germany dealing with this and exposing the lies, but of course that won't stop idiots from hating and lying. Like always in history, people are afraid of everything new, foreign, and strange and initially react with fear and rejection. That is why immigration and integration are processes that happen over decades and generations.

One thing, of course, is true: criminals are not bound to cultures and nationalities, there are dangerous individuals in every country, culture, and religion. If you write an article with a headline "Immigrant steals purse from elderly lady", most people will go "SEE?! These ungrateful assholes are all scumbags!". You will, of course, never read a headline "US (or German) citizen steals purse from elderly lady", because the fact that it was a fellow citizen is not newsworthy. See how it works?
As I said, they admit it themselves. There are enough articles about it in the German media. Just today a new one about exactly that. Want me to link some?
Welt.de
Youtube
Welt.de
Mainpost.de
Steinhoefel.de
Welt.de
NDR.de
Wikipedia
And much sooner:
Welt.de
In Sweden too:
Focus.de

And even the poverty report is getting attacked because it could give right wingers more facts:
Spiegel.de

Thats only a short selection.

There are also a lot of reports of police whistleblowers who explain exactly whats happening, that such behavior is wanted and forced by the politics.

I mean you can keep ignoring reality, but thats what happens. And youre only supporting it by ignoring it. You also obviously have no idea what else can be justified with such a logic.
They have done the same thing with unemployment statistics for decades too.

14. Re: DOOM Uncut for Germany Feb 25, 2016, 12:11 Muscular Beaver

nin wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 11:58:
Ahumado wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 11:52:
If the country lets women get raped and attacked by immigrants then denies it happens....fake violence should be entirely acceptable.

I'll give that a 5/10...some effort to troll, but not too much.

Its funny how people dont believe that actually happens here. Well, I didnt either at first.
I assure you, it happens. A lot.
They even admit it. They say they are not reporting about it, are manipulating statistics and let them run to not strengthen the extreme right wingers in their arguments, to preserve peace.

News Comments > Dirty Bomb Ranked Season One Begins
4. Re: Dirty Bomb Ranked Season One Begins Feb 25, 2016, 09:11 Muscular Beaver

Caladell wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 00:32:
It's free to play...
I know what you mean though. Played an earlier beta, and was completely underwhelmed.
Its infested with cheaters. 10 times worse than CSGO, which is bad already.
Too bad, because its a real cool concept and a lot of fun.

1902 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo