Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 2343 (Senior)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM Movie Reboot
8. Re: DOOM Movie Reboot Apr 21, 2018, 04:06 Muscular Beaver

It really wasnt that bad. I recently saw it again and I was still entertained. Had it been released last year, it would have even made that year better in terms of movies. Unbelievable how many turds they made 2017.  

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans?
29. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans? Apr 19, 2018, 10:16 Muscular Beaver

Creston wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 22:09:
I give all this Battle Royale bandwagon jumping one hundred fucking dismissive wanks.
Im am trying to imagine a "fucking dismissive wank". I cant. Especially the first and last word dont compute together.

News Comments > DOOM Vinyl Soundtrack Preorders
5. Re: DOOM Vinyl Soundtrack Preorders Apr 18, 2018, 14:33 Muscular Beaver

Nullity wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 12:40:
This game and soundtrack were just badass metal AF. As soon as those new 144Hz 4k IPS monitors get released (supposed to be this month - hurry the hell up), I plan on headbangin' my way through it again.
Really? I found that soundtrack to be very disappointing actually.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
28. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 17, 2018, 09:03 Muscular Beaver

TheVocalMinority wrote on Apr 17, 2018, 08:49:
Probably wasting my time but freedom of speech is a human right - it does not exist because of legislation but, if you believe such things, exists as a right bestowed by simply being human. The constitution of the USA does provide some protections to freedom of speech but does not define that right.

Censorship, which is being discussed here can certainly impact free speech. Due to the size and influence of Facebook this is, arguably, a free speech issue. Like it or not for many people Facebook is the internet and to some extent it has become an electronic public square, but privately owned.

I think it was Chomsky who said you either believe in free speech or you do not. There are many commentators here who do not believe in free speech.

And no, numbnuts, all this does not mean I agree with this Spencer character or like what he stands for.
These corporations would not exist without free speech. Period. Yet now they want to limit it and claim they can because they have the right to do so and are morally superior.
Maybe they can according to laws, but that doesnt make it right. Its clear where they are headed.

27. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 17, 2018, 08:59 Muscular Beaver

jdreyer wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 21:13:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 18:12:
"It's not fascism when we do it!"
Every hundred years or so the same shit...

I'm sure you realize that Facism has yet to be around for even one hundred years.
I do. But it or similar existed long before that without clear definition in a term.
But you trying to use that in your argument only confirms why its so useless to argue with you guys. You could just as much argue about my grammar. And everyone knows what that means for a discussion, if that happens.

This comment was edited on Apr 17, 2018, 09:14.

14. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 16, 2018, 18:34 Muscular Beaver

I was just trying to put it into words that would be understandable nowadays.
Does "We are the good guys, they are the bad guys!" work better? No? Not even after the Syria attack and the Skripal case?
I guess you simply had a bad history teacher then. A little hint: Even the Nazis thought they were the good guys.

Lets try again:
The road to hell is paved with good intentions?
No?
Oh well, Im not here to argue with you guys anyway. I know how useless it is on this topic, because of mentioned phenomenons.

11. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 16, 2018, 18:12 Muscular Beaver

"It's not fascism when we do it!"
Every hundred years or so the same shit...

News Comments > Arma 3 Patch and Tanks DLC
5. Re: Arma 3 Patch and Tanks DLC Apr 12, 2018, 16:53 Muscular Beaver

Yawn...

Still vvv

28. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 11, 2018, 08:28 Muscular Beaver

More to think about:
https://consortiumnews.com/2018/04/10/taking-the-world-to-the-brink/

26. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 10, 2018, 19:20 Muscular Beaver

Flatline wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 18:59:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 16:43:
Saboth wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 16:29:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 13:29:
I find almost all news agencies have their own "agenda" when it comes to reporting the news.

I don't care if they have an agenda or not. If someone is going to call CNN, MSNBC, The Washington Post and the rest "fake news", whoever said that is going to have to have some real facts to back it up. And no, 1 or 2 misreported or wrong stories out of thousands does not constitute an untrustworthy news source.
I am pretty sure you would see that differently if you were one of the relative of people who died in wars that were supported and even only enabled by these very media corporations.
Their agenda becomes obvious in times like these. Like today. Or like 1 year ago, when they suddenly all cheered for Trump because he attacked Syria, only to go back to childish and unfounded attacks when it was clear he wouldnt invade.

I think you're confusing pundits and talking heads for real journalism. Even at CNN & MSNBC there's significant journalism going on. You just have to dig for it and get past the bobbleheads that have to find 24 hour news content.

There were plenty of people associated with major news sources flying the warning flag when Trump bombed the Syrian airfield.

There's good journalism going on at these places. You just have to dig past the bobblehead crap which in the end is op-ed and not reporting.

Having to fill 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with content that by it's nature is variable is difficult and honestly probably a terrible idea to begin with.

It might be doable if the news channels actually reported on more than domestic news but... *shrugs*
List them. And then list the other side. Count them. And list the topics, how important they were. And most important, list the things they simply left out.
I dont expect you to do that. But you would be shocked, unless youre a psychopath.

Youre not getting the point. They are manipulating the public into wars. They always have. Thats not the job of the media. Its the opposite.
These are news about millions of lives. Literally. And they dont do their job and so millions of people die. And its not only in the USA. Its the exact same thing in Europe. And when you look at those media corporations they are either affiliated with the government and/or have transatlantic ties.

Its all very obvious, but most people refuse to see it, because they dont want to be the bad guys.
Thats natural, but then dont be surprised when some people call you what you are: Part of the problem, because you keep letting them do this shit and even support it by downplaying it and completely denying the shit they do.

24. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 10, 2018, 16:43 Muscular Beaver

Saboth wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 16:29:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 13:29:
I find almost all news agencies have their own "agenda" when it comes to reporting the news.

I don't care if they have an agenda or not. If someone is going to call CNN, MSNBC, The Washington Post and the rest "fake news", whoever said that is going to have to have some real facts to back it up. And no, 1 or 2 misreported or wrong stories out of thousands does not constitute an untrustworthy news source.
I am pretty sure you would see that differently if you were one of the relative of people who died in wars that were supported and even only enabled by these very media corporations.
Their agenda becomes obvious in times like these. Like today. Or like 1 year ago, when they suddenly all cheered for Trump because he attacked Syria, only to go back to childish and unfounded attacks when it was clear he wouldnt invade.

22. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 10, 2018, 15:38 Muscular Beaver

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 14:26:
Beamer wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 13:40:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 12:13:
Beamer wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 11:21:
WaltC wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 11:10:
CNN calling out Facebook for hosting a fake page is pot calling kettle black...;) Unlike CNN's deliberate, calculated fake news, FB simply hosted the page. It is true, however, that FB made no effort to verify the page as legit, even though it was a FB page seeking donations. Not surprising as FB never questions much of anything tied to "liberal" political causes, fake or otherwise.

Everyone, it's ok. WaltC made is obligatory single political post in a topic, spewing out talking points he will never, ever source. He won't cite a single thing to prove his claim, which in this case should be easy, as if CNN has so much "fake news" it would only take him a moment to post a few examples.

And he won't be back. He fires and forgets. Sometimes, I'm under the impression his doctors only allow him a few moments of internet time per day before putting him back in the padded room, so there's no way he can reply.

In fairness, he's not the only one to make super conservative claims then never come back when asked to cite them, he's just the most consistent.

WaltC sources his information from the only organization he trusts...Al Jazeera.

Did you ever watch Al Jazeera?

I did and do, along with the BBC, and as many other world news outlets that are not US based that also have an English speaking or reading version. I do not disagree with anything you said. I made the comment about Al Jazeera because WaltC is very likely to be the kind of person who thinks that Fox News really is "fair and balanced". To the point where any international news agency would be wrong or flat out lying because they're "furrin'".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL_9Epa_sLI
How times change, huh?

News Comments > Quake Champions April Update Plans
8. Re: etc. Apr 10, 2018, 09:33 Muscular Beaver

Jerykk wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 23:09:
Good to see them still supporting this though I can't really see its player base growing much. There's simply too much competition in the multiplayer shooter space. CS, PUBG, Fortnite, BF, CoD, Crossfire, etc, all competing for your time.
Not really. This is a quick arena shooter. Something very different from those you mentioned.
They just messed it up. It was too consolish from the start and this stupid unlocking and classes has no place in a game that should be all about skill.

News Comments > Boss Key Strives for Radical Heights
20. Re: Boss Key Strives for Radical Heights Apr 10, 2018, 04:45 Muscular Beaver

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 23:53:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 20:14:
These poor guys. Always a day late and a dollar short.

I am not liking that aesthetic. No one is nostalgic for the 80s, so if you're going to use that setting, you'd better do a fantastic job, a la Stranger Things.

There are also 2 different types of nostalgia, and Stranger Things has very little to do with the 80ies aside from aesthetics Speech and behavior are modern. It's the best of 2 worlds imo. Kids in the 80ies talking like kids from the 80ies would have been completely alien to a modern audience.

It didnt impress me much. Sure, I watched all the seasons, but I would rather watch GoT 5 times than this again or even the next season. It feels sterile. The characters are stale, bland and artificial for the most part. I normally like rehashed 80s stuff.

But bland artificial characters seem to be the zeitgeist. It started with The Walking Dead and now every second series has characters like that. Writers obviously dont learn much about humans anymore.

News Comments > Boss Key Strives for Radical Heights
19. Re: Boss Key Strives for Radical Heights Apr 10, 2018, 04:38 Muscular Beaver

Honestly, this looks like it was made in the early 00s at best.
And they said they tossed it out in just 5 months. It really looks like that.

News Comments > GTA5 the Most Successful Media Title of All Time
15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 9, 2018, 15:01 Muscular Beaver

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 12:53:
Even though it took over a year to show up on PC, this game is perhaps the best port to ever come from console as well. Wish they would have shown the same love to GTA IV on PC, it's still a fucking mess.

For that the controls are far too crappy. So many buttons that wouldnt be needed, if it was done a bit more intelligent. And the thing is, they keep adding more buttons that make no sense. And then you cant even double-assign them.
The spongy walking design is also horrible. I cant count how many times I missed a ladder or door, because the character had to do half a turn instead of just stopping on the spot.
The cancer of consoles...

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Planning Content Plans
7. Re: Sea of Thieves Planning Content Plans Apr 6, 2018, 13:05 Muscular Beaver

Cutter wrote on Apr 6, 2018, 12:31:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Apr 6, 2018, 11:14:
Prez wrote on Apr 6, 2018, 10:55:
Jesus tap-dancing Christ - why would you release a game that has almost nothing to do in it beyond look at the pretty waves and not have at least begun work on adding content? How in the hell could anyone have thought that was a good idea for anyone, the players, the developers, the shareholders... My god you really have to wonder about the games industry these days.

For $60 at that.

Well it's an MS game, isn't it? That pretty much says it all right there. Sounds like they had nothing but an idea. Pitched it. And inexplicably MS gave them a pile of money to do it. You don't turn down free money, you fake it.

I guess so. You can just change the company name if it goes wrong...

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Planning Content Plans
3. Re: Sea of Thieves Planning Content Plans Apr 6, 2018, 11:14 Muscular Beaver

Prez wrote on Apr 6, 2018, 10:55:
Jesus tap-dancing Christ - why would you release a game that has almost nothing to do in it beyond look at the pretty waves and not have at least begun work on adding content? How in the hell could anyone have thought that was a good idea for anyone, the players, the developers, the shareholders... My god you really have to wonder about the games industry these days.
For $60 at that.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Apr 6, 2018, 02:34 Muscular Beaver

Nothing is more frustrating than finding good equipment over days, if not weeks and then dying to a stupid bug or crappy controls that should have been fixed years ago.
Thats what killed the mod and thats what killed the stand alone.
Also meeting another player means one of them dies. The community is just too toxic nowadays. Theres not enough gain in making friends and too much risk, and thus this game attracts assholes like shit attracts flies.

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Patch
4. Re: Sea of Thieves Patch Apr 5, 2018, 07:12 Muscular Beaver

J wrote on Apr 5, 2018, 05:38:
Cue token 'No Man's Sea' reference.
Or how about "is this the patch..."?
Is it time yet?

2343 Comments. 118 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo