Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1967 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend
3. Re: Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend Oct 27, 2016, 22:13 Muscular Beaver

Holy crap. What happened to that game? Did they mess up the balance like in NS1?

EDIT: Yeah, I just read some reviews... died exactly like NS1 did... devs having no clue about balance and hackers hackers hackers.

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 2016, 22:23.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Uwe Boll Ending Film Career
26. Re: Uwe Boll Ending Film Career Oct 26, 2016, 19:41 Muscular Beaver

Kxmode wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 18:30:
One down. A few more to go.
Yeah, lets hope Abrams is next.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Released
11. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 21, 2016, 12:37 Muscular Beaver

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 12:17:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 12:03:
Quboid wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 11:53:
TotalBiscuit's comments on the single player have put me off, they seem to have completely missed the style of WW1.

Well, its pretty obvious also if you watch some gameplay videos.
Feels more like a mix of WW1 and WW2, leaning stronger to WW2. Fictitious.

Note: the Western Front from September 1914 to the start of 1918 was not what the rest of the war looked like. The Battle of the Somme is perhaps the strongest image of WWI which survived to present, but focusing only on the Somme neglects the rest of the war, and creates a skewed image. The Eastern Front, the Italian and Roumanian Fronts, and the Western Front in 1918 can be characterized by mobility, encirclement, infiltration, breakthroughs, and great tactical innovation. Yes, trenches were involved everywhere -- just like trenches are still dug today for prepared defensive positions -- but the classic image of massed infantry charges across no-man's land under withering machine gun, mortar and artillery fire is something that only applies to parts of the war.

Sorry, this is a pet-peeve of mine. If you're interested in a more general vision of the combat experience of WWI, and the tactical lessons the US Army was drawing from them in the 1930s, check out the superb Infantry in Battle.

Thats not what I mean. I know very well that it wasnt just trench warfare. But getting thrown into the game with everything developed already, not getting shown how much that war changed war, that is just stupid. For example in 1914 planes were barely able to climb without stalling, dogfights were extremely difficult and not many tactics were developed yet. But in this game you get the best planes instantly, tanks are common (which they werent even at the very end, especially on the German side), no special tactics or spectacular operations are shown or used (and there were so many, which, as I said, created completely new warfare). You dont see it. If you dont have a clue about the weapons, it feels like a WW2 game.

Multiplayer also doesnt feel like WW1. The levels arent created well enough to give you that feeling. Again, it feels like WW2.

I mean, I dont know if you do, but I know games like Wings, Red Baron and other WW1 games. They mostly got the feeling of that war very well, but this game feels so generic, without soul. Almost like a SW Battlefront mod.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Released
7. Re: Battlefield 1 Released Oct 21, 2016, 12:03 Muscular Beaver

Quboid wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 11:53:
TotalBiscuit's comments on the single player have put me off, they seem to have completely missed the style of WW1.

Well, its pretty obvious also if you watch some gameplay videos.
Feels more like a mix of WW1 and WW2, leaning stronger to WW2. Fictitious.

News Comments > Red Faction Leaves German Index
5. Re: Red Faction Leaves German Index Oct 20, 2016, 19:30 Muscular Beaver

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 20, 2016, 19:15:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Oct 20, 2016, 19:05:
For anyone interested what German bureaucrats consider too dangerous:
http://www.blood-is-red.de/mw/index.php?title=Liste_indizierter_Spiele

Too dangerous for minors.. anyone else can still buy it.. it's just not advertised and as such, stores without age check (like Steam) also have a problem ;p
Yeah. But its still very interesting what kind of games they put on that list. Blue Max for example, or A-10 Tank Killer.

News Comments > Red Faction Leaves German Index
3. Re: Red Faction Leaves German Index Oct 20, 2016, 19:05 Muscular Beaver

For anyone interested what German bureaucrats consider too dangerous:
http://www.blood-is-red.de/mw/index.php?title=Liste_indizierter_Spiele

News Comments > DOOM Free Update 4
15. Re: DOOM Free Update 4 Oct 20, 2016, 18:37 Muscular Beaver

Pr()ZaC wrote on Oct 20, 2016, 15:23:
Angrius Maximis wrote on Oct 20, 2016, 13:43:
My biggest waste of money game wise in 2016 was this turd
I don't know what B's readers saw in this game. I felt levels, gameplay and enemy mechanics getting old fast for a '16 game.
Blame the demo if you feel I'm wrong.
I would have much more fun with a BLOOD remake. It would have been more refreshing.
A Blood remake would be killer. But it really would need to be like the old one, or better, on the humor and the choice of weapons. Ive never laughed so much in a shooter in multiplayer as in this game. It was glorious.

News Comments > DOOM Free Update 4
14. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 20, 2016, 18:33 Muscular Beaver

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Oct 20, 2016, 14:56:
Angrius Maximis wrote on Oct 20, 2016, 13:43:
My biggest waste of money game wise in 2016 was this turd

Huh? Best shooter campaign I've played in a long time. Multiplayer does suck though, I'll give you that.

What? I already forgot what the story was. Seriously.
It was a very bad console port, played like it was changed to M/KB on a weekend, not to mention all these stupid aids everywhere. Are console players really that unable to play games that they need that much help to complete it?
Extremely forgettable game. Graphics were nice, though.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 16, 2016, 21:41 Muscular Beaver

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 20:19:
Dev wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 15:33:
Ozmodan wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 12:56:
Tried that Shadow Warrior II game, did not like it. Waiting for civ 6.
Given that it has a 93% positive review score with 2500+ reviews, looks like you are in the minority.

I'm curious, what didn't you like about it?

Well to start with the controls are horrid and it looks like something a bunch of high school kids made. Even the kids did not like it, they played it for 3 days and shelved it. I can't help people have such poor standards.
The controls? Are they not consolish enough?
One of the best direct controls Ive played for a long time. I dont get stuck, I dont fail because I didnt press a button long enough or too long and the engine allows fast gameplay (180 FPS with everything on max on my 1070).

As for visuals, its surely not the prettiest out there, but its also no full price title. The graphics are good enough. The best thing about this game is the humor anyway. And right at the start of it, I was not disappointed. That stupid douchebaggy voice with jokes that just fit the voice makes even meh jokes much funnier than they really are. It actually seems funnier than the first one.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption Tease?
11. Re: Red Dead Redemption Tease? Oct 16, 2016, 18:04 Muscular Beaver

nin wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 15:41:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 15:22:
Maybe they were so impressed by the PC sales for GTA5, that they decided to really do a PC port. Would be awesome.

Considering it's all x64 now...seems like a no brainer.

I meant the first one.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption Tease?
8. Re: Red Dead Redemption Tease? Oct 16, 2016, 15:22 Muscular Beaver

Maybe they were so impressed by the PC sales for GTA5, that they decided to really do a PC port. Would be awesome.  

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Resparks Inferno
6. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Resparks Inferno Oct 14, 2016, 22:01 Muscular Beaver

Dacron wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 19:30:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 19:27:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 18:00:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QtSNbYlaZE
Some very bad changes, like the Banana.

What's wrong with it? The removal of the columns on the inner side?

There is also a wall on the CT side of the corridor, looks like it will help T's advance.

But I think that is a good thing, the CTs held the banana, fell back to the site and had great positions on both, the new maps looks like the banana will be less defensible, easier for Ts to set up on, but still defend-able from site as CTs.
Well, there kinda was always a wall. But the pillars are gone. They were good cover and you were often able to fool CTs going through there. In their announcement they even said they wanted it that way, so its easier to defend for CTs. Makes no sense, since that was always a bad choke point, one of the reasons why it was unbalanced. If they dont want Ts to go there, just remove it, ffs.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Resparks Inferno
3. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Resparks Inferno Oct 14, 2016, 18:00 Muscular Beaver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QtSNbYlaZE
Some very bad changes, like the Banana.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Released
13. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Released Oct 13, 2016, 21:37 Muscular Beaver

Bumpy wrote on Oct 13, 2016, 17:35:
This looks overall impressive and better than Doom 2016.

Wish I still loved FPS but I just can't muster the enthusiasm to play this genre any more.

It sure as hell doesnt look nearly as good as Doom. But it has much better gameplay.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch Update
21. Re: Into the Black Oct 13, 2016, 04:28 Muscular Beaver

Kxmode wrote on Oct 13, 2016, 01:18:
NegaDeath wrote on Oct 13, 2016, 00:17:
I remember a time a few years ago we were celebrating the new golden age of space sims. Elite Dangerous! No Mans Sky! Star Citizen! X Rebirth! Man that did not turn out like expected. At least one of them worked out ok.

Ironically, I heard only great things about the Death Star DLC for SW:BF. It's not even a space sim. lol. Check out this gameplay footage in glorious 4K, 60FPS (the commentary isn't too bad)! Also, I recommend viewing in Chrome.
Kinda funny to hear, looking at the abysmal controls that game has for fighters.

News Comments > Hitman Season Finale Details
1. Re: Hitman Season Finale Details Oct 12, 2016, 14:23 Muscular Beaver

Do they really have success with those disconnected feeling episodes?  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
25. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 10, 2016, 19:56 Muscular Beaver

jdreyer wrote on Oct 10, 2016, 16:36:
Nope, but I know at least it will be an educated, informed, and considered decision.
Why is it so god damn hard to learn from RECENT history for some people?
I guess if you have to live in Syria, Yemen, Iraq or Libya for a few months you will learn. Well no, I am not even sure about that. This stupidity really boggles my mind. I seriously dont find words for it anymore. No godzilla face palm, nothing will make it better. What the hell is wrong with people like you??? This cant be explained by a low IQ!!!

News Comments > Mafia III Patched
24. Re: Mafia III Patched Oct 9, 2016, 23:17 Muscular Beaver

Tried to change keymapping, crashed every time when I wanted to bind body drag to B. When I chose another key after 4 tries, my custom keymap still didnt work properly. 2 or 3 keys simply didnt work and they were not conflicting.
Uninstalled, got a refund. I am so fucking sick of these shitty console ports...
Oh and this was after the patch.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Advertising Investigation
22. Re: No Man's Sky Advertising Investigation Sep 29, 2016, 06:51 Muscular Beaver

Cutter wrote on Sep 28, 2016, 23:44:
heroin wrote on Sep 28, 2016, 23:12:
I remember those game boxes in the late 80's, early 90's. I think I hardly had brain cells when I used to play King's Quest, Police Quest, Space Quest - but I specifically remember the game boxes for Gold Rush & Hero's Quest (Quest for Glory) - (and I think the original Monkey Island) having better graphics on the box than what I was able to get out of my Tandy 2000 and being a bit disappointed. Once I started playing though... completely immersed, lol!

I miss game boxes. It was super awesome when they came with something like cloth maps or posters or what not. The excitement of waiting for the release. Driving to the mall and buying it. Driving home and opening it. Going through an actual manual and checking out what else was in there as you were installing the game. Then finally launching it for the first time. And when it was really great like Civ or Ultima or something you totally forgot to eat, only got up for bathroom breaks and snacks, and finally realized you had been playing all night and had to go to work in a few hours.

I still have my original Ultima Online Cloth map here. Wonder what thats worth now.

News Comments > Oculus Facing Political Backlash [Updated]
108. Re: Oculus Facing Political Backlash [Updated] Sep 24, 2016, 20:48 Muscular Beaver

Quboid wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 16:26:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 15:58:
DV wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 10:59:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 10:17:
The hypocrisy in this thread and on this topic in general is sickening, to say the least.

Thank you. I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing it in this thread.
Like always, they dont seem to care. Its like theres a huge competition going on whos the biggest hypocrite. The term hypocrite seems to be a compliment to them.

Who is "they"? People are rarely aware of when they are being hypocritical by their own interpretation, never mind yours. I have no idea who you mean.
Thats exactly the problem. If you cant recognize obvious hypocrisy anymore, then nobody can explain it to you, because youre most likely ignoring it on purpose, because youre biased. And Im surely not going to get into this brainless flamewar by trying to. People need to realize it themselves, even friends telling it them will make most people tick out and rather end the friendship, than admit it.

1967 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo