Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1928 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers & Mobile GPUs
32. Re: New GeForce Drivers & Mobile GPUs Aug 18, 2016, 04:50 Muscular Beaver

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 23:37:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 19:39:
The thread explains that it happens mostly at high framerates, 70+ FPS, vsync and some other things. Also some Windows versions seem to be fine.
It also explains that Nvidia always had problems with DPC latency, yet it never was that big of a problem that you could either see or hear it. That is only happening with Pascal.
So yeah, the average user wont see it, most actually dont even realize, even if they have that problem. My friend for example bought a 1080 and has that problem, but he didnt even notice it until I pointed out the obvious. Was quite funny, and now hes mad as hell at Nvidia, even more than I was at the 4 GB lie of my 970. But Im not going to pay that much money to be an average user or ignore stuttering/crackling.

If that were to happen to you. Since you mention things like vsynch which I don't use, other things and some windows version. I'm confident my game is smooth in appearance and feel, unless there is something really less visible. But fine don't buy the card, thanks for the heads up though.

As I said, some report it. Some report it happens even with Vsync off at high FPS in games like CSGO. You can go check your DPC latency yourself with listed tools and need to understand what it is. High DPC latency is never good and WILL sooner or later make problems. I had my fair share with that before, even without Nvidia cards. The whole system will slow down and other problems will arise.
If I had a latency of over 250Ás (Nvidia cards always cause a DPC latency of about 150), I would be worried. But I guess some people just like to waste money for extremely fast stuff, only to have it crippled by things like that...
Not to mention tolerating shit like this, tells them to keep doing it in the future.
It is unacceptable, and it doesnt matter if you "feel" it or not. Its there and its a problem.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: New GeForce Drivers & Mobile GPUs Aug 17, 2016, 19:39 Muscular Beaver

The thread explains that it happens mostly at high framerates, 70+ FPS, vsync and some other things. Also some Windows versions seem to be fine.
It also explains that Nvidia always had problems with DPC latency, yet it never was that big of a problem that you could either see or hear it. That is only happening with Pascal.
So yeah, the average user wont see it, most actually dont even realize, even if they have that problem. My friend for example bought a 1080 and has that problem, but he didnt even notice it until I pointed out the obvious. Was quite funny, and now hes mad as hell at Nvidia, even more than I was at the 4 GB lie of my 970. But Im not going to pay that much money to be an average user or ignore stuttering/crackling.

25. Re: New GeForce Drivers & Mobile GPUs Aug 17, 2016, 06:12 Muscular Beaver

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 03:31:
Simon Says wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 23:31:
Any words if these fix the DPC latency and stutter issues people are having?

Top of the morning to you, Sir!

They fixed that about a month ago and every (beta) driver release since then has had it incorporated, of course.
Wrong. Not to mention you didnt seem to have read your own link properly, especially the last few sentences, where he clearly says its not completely fixed.
People still having massive problems and the "hotfix" didnt do crap in most cases:
overclock.net
Thats the sole reason I didnt buy a 1070 yet.

This comment was edited on Aug 17, 2016, 06:24.

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Sequel Plans?
27. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Sequel Plans? Aug 15, 2016, 19:17 Muscular Beaver

I hope it will be more something like Redemption. I really liked the story being part in medieval ages and part in modern ages.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 15, 2016, 12:22 Muscular Beaver

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 15, 2016, 07:48:
DangerDog wrote on Aug 14, 2016, 22:54:
No Man's Sky, so good people bought it twice.
Aside from the technical issues the game is fun
Yep. For a few hours. Ive never had a full price game that got boring that quickly.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Launch & Workarounds
52. Re: No Man's Sky Launch & Workarounds Aug 12, 2016, 18:01 Muscular Beaver

Feels exactly like I predicted. Completely sterile and after a few planets you feel extremely stupid, since what you do is the same all the time. I dont even see the point in playing.
Reminds me very much of the driving around on planets in Mass Effect 1. They were pretty much all the same too and extremely boring after a while.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2016, 17:29 Muscular Beaver

Scheherazade wrote on Jul 16, 2016, 13:38:
Oh well. Looks like this time the Turkish military failed to preserve secularity in Turkish government.

Wonder how much more totalitarian/churchy/rightwing the Turkish government will become before it happens again.

-scheherazade

Doubt it will happen again. Erdogan replaced most high figures already years ago, but now he is going to exterminate the rest.
At least the western countrys governments showed whats going on with them, calling his rule democratic and supporting him, congratulating him "preserving democracy".
Still not enough people understanding whats going on, or who simply dont care, until its too late (for them).

News Comments > Microsoft Improving UWP Gaming
18. Re: Microsoft Improving UWP Gaming May 11, 2016, 08:15 Muscular Beaver

Burrito of Peace wrote on May 11, 2016, 07:53:
DangerDog wrote on May 11, 2016, 04:23:
Can only hope that Vulcan takes off in a big way.

I think we'll see that. Most notably, UE4, Source 2, and id Tech 6 already natively support it and Unity is working on supporting it as well. You've also got Intel, AMD, and Nvidia supporting it as well as all the tiny SOC companies (ARM, Samsung, and Qualcomm). So, for games, that covers the entire spectrum.

I was watching a development video where someone was using UE4 and explaining that, by using Vulkan, they could simultaneously release on Windows, Linux, and Android because the pipeline in UE4 could spit out executables and binaries simultaneously.

I really hope it will happen, because I am seriously getting sick of Microsofts new developed control mania. It hurts everyone except themselves.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine This Month?
9. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine This Month? May 9, 2016, 15:23 Muscular Beaver

Hopefully they fix the wind vegetation animations/wind sounds with this expansion, so I can finally start playing this game without feeling completely dizzy.  

News Comments > DOOM @ 200 FPS Under Vulkan
6. Re: DOOM @ 200 FPS Under Vulkan May 9, 2016, 10:54 Muscular Beaver

CJ_Parker wrote on May 9, 2016, 10:34:
200fps is not really surprising given the horrible console port garbage visuals. What's next? "News" that Pacman runs at 500fps on Vulkan? Yawn.

That would be pretty bad.

This comment was edited on May 9, 2016, 12:39.

News Comments > Overwatch Open Beta Overtime
20. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Overtime May 9, 2016, 05:29 Muscular Beaver

intermarer wrote on May 9, 2016, 02:06:
I really liked Overwatch, but it made me come to the realization that I'm getting old. I get destroyed and that is not fun.

I also question how long this will keep people entertained for. The progression system didn't do anything for me. I didn't feel like I was working towards anything.
Im getting old too, and I am getting destroyed too if I start a new game. But after a few days and a week the latest its very noticeable that my reaction time improves and I start to destroy again.
Older people just give up too quickly, because they think their age is the problem and they cant change that. Thats complete and utter bullshit. Youre never too old to learn new stuff or to train old stuff to be able to do it as good again as before.
But if you tell yourself "Im just too old", of course you will never be good again.

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Legion in August
16. Re: World of Warcraft: Legion This Month Apr 20, 2016, 02:53 Muscular Beaver

No idea what you guys are raving about again.
If people have fun playing Vanilla and other less casual expansions, then let them. And they surely arent few.

As I said, I yesterday checked these private Vanilla servers out and there are still quite a few that are up and those are PACKED with people and having queues. Even more people in the starting zones than I have ever seen on the original servers, even when the game or expansions were just released.
So obviously a lot of people want to play it like that and have a lot of fun doing so (as did I leveling to 10 in that "grindfest" so far).

An added bonus is that people are FAR FAR more friendly than on the original servers and the chat is very mature. Probably because the "mature" frustrated people like you, are not there.

I think your problem is that you cant control yourselves. Its easy to play such a game just when you have time, not level like you are on a race. You guys obviously cant do that, even today as you have "matured". You cant blame a game for your addiction. You even go as far and say the game was extremely bad with Vanilla, which means it would have never been successful. I mean I have been there myself, but I never blamed the game. I knew it was me and I just tried to compensate like the classic addict.
And seriously, if you call Vanilla WoW a grindfest, what do you call EverQuest then (which btw is also still relatively popular in the same context)?

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Legion in August
8. Re: World of Warcraft: Legion This Month Apr 19, 2016, 04:51 Muscular Beaver

Kxmode wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 22:20:
I'm sure the timing of this announcement has absolutely nothing to do with the growing vanilla moment. #Nostalrius #YouThinkYouDoButYouDont #MakeWOWGreatAgain

In other news Nostalrius' petition to Blizzard to bring back legacy servers has 175,000 signatures, and growing rapidly. Vanilla WOW team lead Mark Kern's support and comment is the second highest.

Yeah, its kinda funny how this makes me actually want to start on a private Vanilla/BC/WotLK server. I guess I will look for one right now. There should still be enough left.

News Comments > RDR2 Map Leaked?
10. Re: RDR2 Map Leaked? Apr 16, 2016, 15:35 Muscular Beaver

Tyrric wrote on Apr 16, 2016, 15:30:
I remember rage quitting a couple of times during the horse taming mini-game, and then finally passing it when I realized I had totally derped on the difference between right and left Shame
Kinda like me with the Yoga crap in GTA5.

News Comments > RDR2 Map Leaked?
4. Re: RDR2 Map Leaked? Apr 16, 2016, 13:11 Muscular Beaver

After how much cash they made with GTA5 (and continue to do so), if this doesnt get a PC port, I will be very angry.  

News Comments > Dark Souls III Released
27. Re: Dark Souls III Released Apr 14, 2016, 15:34 Muscular Beaver

Now Im not surprised anymore that I even read comments like "touchscreen is the superior input of all".
People calling M/KB bad because they have been playing too many shitty console ports that are too cheap to make proper M/KB controls...
Yeah, I think now Ive seen it all.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Content Plans
17. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Content Plans Apr 14, 2016, 12:33 Muscular Beaver

Tachikoma wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 11:46:
Retired wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 06:17:
FAIL
According to your site, BF4 - the FPS Holy Grail or something - has 20k players more (40k on Star wars).

It`s an awful game, sure, but if you want to have a go pick your argument better, don`t bleat on about only the dev and his cat playing it.
Its not "his" link. Neither is it "mine". I just posted it. But a quick Google search will make it obvious to you that BF4 is also considered very problematic in terms of players still playing since 2014, because of several issues, not to mention its over 2 years older.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Content Plans
9. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Content Plans Apr 14, 2016, 06:12 Muscular Beaver

Tachikoma wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 04:39:
12 million sold, yep, I`m sure nobody plays it.
12 million sold...
Yeah, in that context pretty much nobody plays it:
http://swbstats.com/

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Apr 14, 2016, 03:41 Muscular Beaver

ItBurn wrote on Apr 13, 2016, 23:57:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Apr 13, 2016, 18:10:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 13, 2016, 10:12:
Bloodlines is in my top 5 games of all time. It's so damn good. So damn good.
Quite a shame that I never played it due to massive bugs (yes, even with the community patches).

I don't think there are bugs left... I've done like 4 complete playthroughs with little to no bugs. If there are bugs, they are minor and inconsequential. The game is getting old though. The combat and movement isn't up to today's standards.

I didnt even get to the point of seeing any script bugs. I meant the technical ones. For example I never got the sound to work non-distorted.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Apr 13, 2016, 18:10 Muscular Beaver

ItBurn wrote on Apr 13, 2016, 10:12:
Bloodlines is in my top 5 games of all time. It's so damn good. So damn good.
Quite a shame that I never played it due to massive bugs (yes, even with the community patches).

1928 Comments. 97 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo