Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 2118 (Senior)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dead by Daylight Free Weekend
1. Re: Dead by Daylight Free Weekend Sep 15, 2017, 07:19 Muscular Beaver

Another one with a chainsaw?
No wonder they need to put it on free and 50% lower again, with all their bugs from 1.5 years ago and still horrible balance. Not to mention the bad gameplay design that literally promotes griefing and exploiting and the incompetent developers that always promise to do something about all that, but never do and instead make it worse with every patch. Most likely because they know how their game attracts toxic people and they would lose a huge chunk of their player base, if they would remove those griefing options or would ban people exploiting and ruining the game for honest people.

Games and devs like these, when looking at their player count, really let me lose faith in humanity.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass for Free
5. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass for Free Sep 13, 2017, 11:27 Muscular Beaver

It really was fun for the first 2 hours. Then you realized how bad it really is and youve only been playing it for that long because its Star Wars.
Ive never played an open Beta that shortly.

News Comments > PUBG Status Update
2. Re: PUBG Status Update Sep 12, 2017, 13:43 Muscular Beaver

Primalchrome wrote on Sep 12, 2017, 13:11:
it's just as pain in the ass OP mechanic like skiing was in Starsiege : Tribes.
???
Skiing (which was actually a bug) made that game!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2017, 14:26 Muscular Beaver

jdreyer wrote on Sep 10, 2017, 13:09:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 10, 2017, 12:45:
I am astonished you found 3 videos on Videosift that arent political bullying.
That site has turned into an extremist echo chamber, its tragic to see.
LOL. I just went there to verify. There were a couple of videos out of the top 20 that we're political, but the vast majority were nonpolitical.

As for the popularity of political videos in general, you may have noticed that we are currently living through a contentious political period.

That most of the popular political videos have a liberal bent, well liberals are simply better at producing viral content. The Daily Show, SNL, Colbert Report, etc, etc, there are simply no conservative equivalents.
Oh so it has some days where there are not over 60% one sided political crap videos? Might be from time to time, I dont visit that site anymore, since I left it because of so much crap like that over the tiniest of things. I want to go there to have fun, to be entertained, not to be confronted with childish political conflicts that already ruin everyones daily life.
But your political orientation is obvious, so I am not surprised you try to defend it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2017, 12:45 Muscular Beaver

I am astonished you found 3 videos on Videosift that arent political bullying.
How that site turned into an one-sided political echo chamber, was tragic to see.

News Comments > Arma 3 Laws of War Released
11. Re: Arma 3 Laws of War Released Sep 8, 2017, 13:40 Muscular Beaver

jdreyer wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 13:09:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 05:31:
yuastnav wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 02:46:
They should get onto ARMA4 though

Oh, how I wish they finally would. I cant stand these fantasy weapons and vehicles.
Not to mention in ArmA 4 Dean Hall wouldnt be present to ruin the animations and other things.

Hey, I heard CoD is doing WW2 this year. No fantasy weapons there.
Yeah. No.

8. Re: Arma 3 Laws of War Released Sep 8, 2017, 10:41 Muscular Beaver

Numinar wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 09:41:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 05:31:

Oh, how I wish they finally would. I cant stand these fantasy weapons and vehicles.
Not to mention in ArmA 4 Dean Hall wouldnt be present to ruin the animations and other things.

I agree with this except animations, and maybe I'm too dumb to notice but A3 seems to move and feel way better than the older games.

Well, some animations are ok. But the most important ones (movement) are ridiculously stiff and unnatural. ArmA 2 running animations were spot on. ArmA 3 running animations look like from previous generation games (before ArmA 2).
Playing 3rd person is eye torture in ArmA 3, because of how your character moves and how the camera is anchored. That felt so much better in ArmA 2.

5. Re: Arma 3 Laws of War Released Sep 8, 2017, 05:31 Muscular Beaver

News Comments > Ark Expansion Announced
8. Re: Ark Expansion Announced Sep 4, 2017, 06:18 Muscular Beaver

I tried this game recently, after it went final.
I was very disappointed. Everyone said its very beautiful. But it isnt. It looks cheap. You have to turn up the resolution scale to max for it to look bearable in the distance. My PC can handle it, but then its still not that pretty. Yeah, some dinosaur models look awesome, until they start moving.
Some of the worst animations Ive seen in such a long developed and popular game. Looks super "pretty" when half of a giant dinosaur suddenly hangs in the air, because it turned on a hill. Or when you see half a Megalodon pop out of the water all the time, because its stuck on a reef or is "hunting" birds on the surface. Not to mention you running through the jungle and suddenly a big ass dinosaur spawning right in front of you, or you going along the beach and suddenly a big dinosaur popping up out of thin air on the other side of the coast.

Also its just more of the same stupid base building goal. If I want something like that, I play Minecraft. I think even Conan Exiles is a better game like that.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 3, 2017, 19:36 Muscular Beaver

Dont trust Google on anything anymore.
They are going mental right now. They are so fucking crazy they even hit their supporters in their rage.
No idea where it ends, but I know where its heading right now. Orwells 1984 seems to be their Bible.

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Officially Launches
12. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Officially Launches Aug 30, 2017, 03:56 Muscular Beaver

Well, sooner than DayZ.
Congrats, I guess.

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Tops Steam Player Count
12. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Tops Steam Player Count Aug 28, 2017, 07:45 Muscular Beaver

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 28, 2017, 01:22:
8,371,417 owners

Far as I know, no other (non-free) game has this many owners

That's kinda baffling, especially since this game was made by a South Korean game studio. Not usually the ones who discover hidden / non-served market trends in the west.

Really more amazing considering it's got 65% ratings on steam. That's horrible for such a big game. Community seems really up in arms over some of the stuff the devs do as well.
I havent seen a popular early access game that wasnt trashed. However, PUBG is the best EA game Ive ever seen.
On the other hand people praise completely buggy and unbalanced "completed" games into high heaven, like Dead by Daylight.
Humans are stoopit.

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Tops Steam Player Count
11. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Tops Steam Player Count Aug 28, 2017, 07:42 Muscular Beaver

theglaze wrote on Aug 27, 2017, 20:52:
I bought this a couple weeks ago... and it ended up being my first Steam refund.

Played 5 rounds. Achieved a 3rd and a 7th. Major bugs I experienced were: right-click scope working 10% of the time, and no buildings being rendered so players and items were floating in the air.

Overall the fluidity of movement is terrible, all forms of fighting are lagged and clunky, and there's a general lack of execution in every single aspect of the game. No wonder people slammed the game for introducing micro-transaction-gambling before making it an average-quality title. I don't think the existing engine can be salvaged, or perhaps the dev will never acquire the talent to polish the game.

I only recommend this game to those anarchy-deprived persons who need a digital outlet before they do something stupid enough to land themselves in real-life jail.
Judging by the bugs you mentioned, it was far longer ago than just a few weeks. Those bugs have long been fixed.
I have been playing it since alpha and Ive never seen huge bugs that made me stop playing, except for the massive lag, which has been fixed/improved now too.
Movement is too clunky, and could be improved, especially if youre near objects and have to aim. But the game is not done yet.

I like this game. Its one of the very few competitive games that are fun to play AND to watch people play.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Aug 27, 2017, 17:41 Muscular Beaver

Scary how powerful PC coupled with fake news as a dictatorship really is.
Well, actually if you look back all dictators in history used it to their advantage. It was just a different color.
Its just shocking how willingly people submit to it, without a paranoid dictator forcing them to.
Its all about social standing, money and power. Shows what weak characters they really are and explains why there always is only little resistance, if at all.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
35. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 27, 2017, 09:54 Muscular Beaver

I admire their motivation and stubbornness to make this a reality. I am still waiting patiently, but if this keeps up, it might actually become a console game after all, because consoles have become fast enough for it, when its finally ready.  

News Comments > EA: Mass Effect: Andromeda a "Great Game" Series May Continue
17. Re: EA: Mass Effect: Andromeda a Aug 25, 2017, 12:06 Muscular Beaver

Just saw this:
https://www.memecenter.com/fun/7185519/dayum
Pretty much sums Andromeda up. What a shame, really.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 21, 2017, 06:11 Muscular Beaver

|RaptoR| wrote on Aug 20, 2017, 15:44:
Glad to see No Mans Sky up there. Game has come a long way
Whats so much better now than at release?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 21, 2017, 06:10 Muscular Beaver

Vio wrote on Aug 21, 2017, 04:57:
Really glad to see Hellblade up there, it is one hell of a masterpiece.
It was a lot of fun to play, but its ending is stereotypical for these kinds of games. Extremely unsatisfying, without going into spoilers.

News Comments > Quake Champions Early Access Next Week
12. Re: Quake Champions Early Access Next Week Aug 18, 2017, 06:46 Muscular Beaver

Played the beta.
Perfect game to train your reaction time.
But not much more than that. I never was much into these kind of games.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Specialization Diaries
1. Re: Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Specialization Diaries Aug 16, 2017, 11:19 Muscular Beaver

I might have actually bought it this time, but if I have to buy the last one too still... nope.  

2118 Comments. 106 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo