Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 2161 (Senior)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks
41. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 13, 2017, 07:12 Muscular Beaver

Slick wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 20:34:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 19:32:
Slick wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 18:14:
you cranky old people honestly just like bitching, admit it.

Not really. Most have realistic wishes.
But I think we can say the same about you, just replace the bitching with trolling.

so "realistic wishes" mainly means that you "wish" that the game that exists is something completely different, specifically catered towards your personal tastes. And I'm the one that's trolling?

I'm sorry that you didn't get what YOU wanted. But being mad at an arena-style shooter for being an arena-style shooter is dumb.

You might as well get mad at Starcraft for not having more trading card game elements. That's not what the game is.

Learn to critique things on their own merits, and not just impose your selfish views on what YOU want. Although I know that's probably impossible for some people on here to even consider.

When the world revolves around what only you want, and shits on media that isn't specifically catered to you, congrats, you're the troll.

Arena style shooter? No. Its a dumbed down shooter, made for console controllers. PC players want something that fits their gaming machine. Its really that easy. All these RPG elements and cards and whatnot, simplified controls, nobody really wants that, not even most console players. See how successful that game is with exactly that. Nobody is playing it anymore. Games like that normally were played for years, if not decades.
I am sorry that I criticize commercial games whichs goals are only to sell as many units as possible due to a huge PR campaign (thats actually the biggest part of the game), and doesnt care about gameplay.
We are voicing our opinion and you are trying to silence people by attacking them with bullshit and personal attacks. That is trolling par excellence. And of course you wont admit it. When does a troll ever do that? lol...

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

37. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 12, 2017, 19:32 Muscular Beaver

Slick wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 18:14:
you cranky old people honestly just like bitching, admit it.

Not really. Most have realistic wishes.
But I think we can say the same about you, just replace the bitching with trolling.

36. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 12, 2017, 19:31 Muscular Beaver

DarkCntry wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 17:08:
CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 15:02:
* any lamer who thinks he's clever by cracking the "joke" that I'd be the first to go, puuuuhhhlease... predictable dumbass "joke" is predictable dumbass "joke", capisce?

I don't know about saying to euthanize yourself first would be the joke, I mean, after-all, everything you've posted has already proven you to be the most apt at being an actual joke that no one really needs to make one about you.

It's 2017, are we still using "lamer"?

Muscular Beaver wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 16:58:
The negativity is very often confirmed, especially from us old school gamers, we would love to see games become more complex instead of getting dumbed down.

As much as I enjoy a deeply intricate game with deeply intricate systems, we are a slowly dying breed of a time past. I don't fault any company for maximizing their income by following market trends...nor do I fault consumers for purchasing things they want as long as it is within their means to do so legally.

In other words, progress is going to happen even if you don't agree with it or even see it as 'progress'.

There are enough people who want something like that, and believe it or not, the average console gamer isnt too stupid to play complexer games. Yet we dont want games where you have to deal with every little thing. Just things that challenge us more.

Progress is subjective. But there are occasions when it isnt. Following your logic we could be playing Pacman 236251, because its so popular.
Progress for most big developers is better graphics. No innovation. New genres actually are made by tiny devs, but more likely by players who mod an existing game. Oh wait, but these awesome progressive console ports cant even be modded...

30. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks Apr 12, 2017, 16:58 Muscular Beaver

Rigs wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 11:30:
See, this is what drives me nuts about gamers today...you guys have no clue what's in the game at this point, only that it has a story underpinning and covers all three trilogies...and has 'heroes', like the first. The game could literally have everything you're all complaining about wanting but you don't know. Yet we'll complain anyway. I'm guilty of it too but I think that for this industry to return to what it was back in it's heyday, we need some optimism and enthusiasm. I'm not saying to go out and pre-order but maybe be a little excited about things. I constantly (constantly) hear people wanting another Tie Fighter, including myself, and this could be a big step to that. It looks like it's going to have more focus on space combat.

I have the smallest bit of hope that EA heard all the complaints about the first and is going to change it. And for once, I'm going to go in excited to see what they'll give us this time instead of grumbling about it. Will I be disappointed? Probably. But fuck, I'm tired of being down and negative about this shit all the time. The mood is always 80% 'It's gonna fail - hard!' and 20% 'Well it might rock'. We need to change that.

=-Rigs-=
The negativity is very often confirmed, especially from us old school gamers, we would love to see games become more complex instead of getting dumbed down.

8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks Apr 12, 2017, 11:19 Muscular Beaver

It really hurts to see such awesome trailers and then instantly realize that the real game will just be another gameplay-failure like the last one.
What would I give for a real successor of the old ones, improved in gameplay (imagine Jedi Knight-like controls for characters with a light saber in a game like this), or even a remake of X-Wing...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 10, 2017, 07:08 Muscular Beaver

deleted  

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 10, 2017, 07:04 Muscular Beaver

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 9, 2017, 17:54:
Kobalt wrote on Apr 9, 2017, 17:37:
Like the moba genre pre dota 2, it's becoming increasing ridiculous that no major studio has made a battleground game(the division dlc doesn't count). EA already has the tech, increase the map size and player count in battlefield(maybe tone down the physics to compensate) and they would be good to go.

What do you mean, like a 100+ player DM(single elimination or otherwise) style game in a Battlefield engine variant?

I know PUsB (tm) is popular at the moment, but is this really a new genre? There's that and H1Z1:KotK right? Technically both by the same guy?

I've watched some videos of PU BATTLEGROUNDS, and the formula seems more than a bit rough around the edges... spawn, loot guns, walk around a LOT, brief period of fighting, death/victory, repeat ad nauseam. My opinion, of course; clearly it's crazily popular.
PUBG is a lot of fun. Mainly because every type of player can have their way. Rambos can go bonkers in a crowded place and hope for the best, tactical people can chose their approach properly and shy ones can just stay back and let the others do the work for them. Theres also the option to go stealth. Mainly in cities, though. Not to mention the team aspect, which is a lot of fun.

The game just has a lot of bugs and technical issues. Also hackers and exploiters are becoming a real problem.

News Comments > BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character
23. Re: BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character Apr 6, 2017, 12:18 Muscular Beaver

After so many years companies still havent learned not to tread into the political trap. Why is that so hard?  

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Apr 1, 2017, 06:48 Muscular Beaver

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 20:41:
It's just so not.... Rocksteady. I've tried a few times but can't quite ever find a reason to finish it and go back to Arkham Knight.
Its a bit different. Mostly the controls. But I completed it and its worth it. Just another part in this awesome series, even if its from a different dev.

News Comments > Mad Catz Closed
19. Re: Mad Catz Closed Apr 1, 2017, 06:06 Muscular Beaver

Had several overpriced mice from them. $100 for crap like that, that broke very early or had issues from the start. No loss seeing them go.  

News Comments > The Witcher Sells 25M Copies
23. Re: The Witcher Sells 25M Copies Mar 30, 2017, 14:20 Muscular Beaver

Nullity wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 14:17:
Creston wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 13:28:
Nullity wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 13:09:
Good news! They've already confirmed they have another Witcher game planned.

They have? News to me. Source, please?

I can't remember where I read it, so I've been doing a bit of digging. This is about as close as I can find (with a bunch of other similar articles), which means it looks like everyone was jumping the gun a bit, including myself.

I apologize for getting everyone's hopes up.
In any case, I highly doubt they wouldnt do another Witcher game.

10. Re: The Witcher Sells 25M Copies Mar 30, 2017, 12:05 Muscular Beaver

Cutter wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 11:57:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 10:55:
If only they would fix the weird wind effects. They just drive me crazy, cant play it that way.

In the words of The Dude, "What the fuck are you talking about, man?" What wind effects?
Even when calm, vegetation moving around as if a storm is inbound, yet the sound effect is that of a normal breeze.

EDIT: Oh, I just saw, someone finally made a mod that fixes it (would have loved to get sound that fits the movement instead, but this is nice too):
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1853/
Guess I will have to find time to play it now.

This comment was edited on Mar 30, 2017, 12:30.

3. Re: The Witcher Sells 25M Copies Mar 30, 2017, 10:55 Muscular Beaver

If only they would fix the weird wind effects. They just drive me crazy, cant play it that way.  

News Comments > Dean Hall's Stationeers Revealed
1. Re: Dean Hall's Stationeers Revealed Mar 30, 2017, 10:54 Muscular Beaver

An early access gamer by Dean Hall?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
No.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Tease
16. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Tease Mar 30, 2017, 08:21 Muscular Beaver

Slick wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 01:24:
The Half Elf wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 00:15:
After Mass Effect Andromeda how can it get worse... oh wait.. it's EA.

I've been playing ME:A all week, not sure what you mean by "worse". The game is pretty decent, it's ME.
Here we go again...

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 26, 2017, 18:04 Muscular Beaver

Played the alpha and beta. These guys really do work, so you wont have to be afraid of it never getting completed. Its also a lot of fun, so much fun that I can actually laugh when someone kills me (and that is sometimes even funnier, since you can talk to your enemies via voice chat, begging for your life, taunting them, etc).
Havent bought it yet, since I am busy with something else, but I will.

News Comments > Arma 3 Free and Paid DLC Plans
6. Re: Arma 3 Free and Paid DLC Plans Mar 23, 2017, 09:09 Muscular Beaver

Still less content after 4 years than ArmA 2 had after 2...  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches
36. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches Mar 21, 2017, 15:44 Muscular Beaver

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 12:26:
What is wrong with people that they have to whine about animations in a bioware game? Just so you know, I am laughing at anyone that thinks that is important.

I will bet Bioware is loving all the complaints, free advertising for a game that will probably set records.
Yeah! Its like complaining that your new Ferrari is built like a Fiat and smells like manure! How dare they!

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews
20. Re: New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews Mar 9, 2017, 14:27 Muscular Beaver

Nullity wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 13:15:
Creston wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 12:53:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 12:34:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 12:10:
$700 for a card that is still not fast enough for 4k or high quality/resolution VR...

Buy two!

They don't do SLI anymore, do they?

Yes, but only 2. Any more than that may technically work, but is no longer supported and performance scaling is basically non-existent.
What? Wasnt it like the 1060 cant do SLi, the 1070 can only do 2 and the 1080 can do 3 or 4?

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews
8. Re: New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews Mar 9, 2017, 12:10 Muscular Beaver

$700 for a card that is still not fast enough for 4k or high quality/resolution VR...  

2161 Comments. 109 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo