Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 2770 (Senior)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Reviews
14. Re: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Reviews Mar 21, 2019, 15:49 Muscular Beaver

Kain wrote on Mar 21, 2019, 15:41:
Desalus wrote on Mar 21, 2019, 14:32:

Same here. I continuously fail to understand why anyone would think these are fun games to play. After quickly dying to a boss multiple times and having to repeatedly replay the exact same section of the level I just decided these games weren't for me. I have too many other games to play and too little time to waste my time playing the same shit over and over.

The games reward patience and the ability to adapt to the various situations they place the player in. IMO the combat systems are stellar and builds are quite varied, allowing for a number of approaches to situations. The difficulty is part of the experience, the game gives you nothing and it feels very rewarding when you're able to master it. The level and art design is outstanding too, they use verticality and inter-connected design in ways that other games are only finally catching up to.

There are a billion easy to play games, this serves a niche of player that want something more challenging. They aren't meant for everyone and that's fine, its a huge market with plenty of other titles to play. They also have a pretty interesting approach to co-op/MP that I find quite fun.
Testing your patience is challenging?
Not really.
Of course you can master these games, but some people just dont see the point in a PvE game in that, especially if its story driven.

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Epic's Sweeney Calls Exclusives "PROCOMPETITIVE"
54. Re: Epic's Sweeney Calls Exclusives Mar 18, 2019, 20:45 Muscular Beaver

Kxmode wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 20:42:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 20:40:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 20:25:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 19:30:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 18:42:
Third-party store exclusives is a NEW thing that Epic has done and is trying to make a thing.

Eh, no. Discord does it too. With Last Year for example.
That just didnt create huge waves, because the game is crap.

Except Discord isn't Steam, GOG, Origin, Uplay, or EPS. Its a chatting app.
They are going the same way as EGL. It just happens that they had a chatting program to begin with.

But it's not a store. It's a chatting app. It's not the same thing.
It is a store now.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discord_(software)#Digital_distribution

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 2019, 20:57.

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

52. Re: Epic's Sweeney Calls Exclusives Mar 18, 2019, 20:40 Muscular Beaver

Kxmode wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 20:25:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 19:30:
Third-party store exclusives is a NEW thing that Epic has done and is trying to make a thing.

Except Discord isn't Steam, GOG, Origin, Uplay, or EPS. Its a chatting app.
They are going the same way as EGL. It just happens that they had a chatting program to begin with.

47. Re: Epic's Sweeney Calls Exclusives Mar 18, 2019, 19:30 Muscular Beaver

News Comments > Apex Legends Cheaters Hit With Permanent Hardware Bans
58. Re: Apex Legends Cheaters Hit With Permanent Hardware Bans Mar 18, 2019, 19:16 Muscular Beaver

Kxmode wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 19:11:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 18:54:
After some thought I think it's a missed opportunity that they didn't quarantine the cheaters on their own server instead of banning them. The comments would still be delicious, and the videos hilarious.

Something like an "Escape from New York" or "Running Man" for cheaters. That would be awesome! Even better, let regular players enter spectator mode to see the hilarity ensue. lol!
Cheaters who try to hide it tend to increase their settings more and more if they still lose. So that would probably really be funny to see how they become more and more obvious by the day and ending up as rage hackers, not realizing what they have done.

So, if you ever do something like that, be sure that they wont realize it.

News Comments > Apex Legends Cheaters Hit With Permanent Hardware Bans
53. Re: Apex Legends Cheaters Hit With Permanent Hardware Bans Mar 18, 2019, 18:23 Muscular Beaver

Creston wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 11:33:
Stop trusting the fucking client side data.

They dont. At least the good developers.
The ones that do trust the client are easily recognized: Lots of speedhackers are ruining their games and they use a P2P netcode. Yet speedhacking is easily recognized by anti-cheat programs. So if you have a game where you see speedhackers, you know the devs dont care at all or the anti-cheat they use is completely useless. An example of one that isnt able to detect speedhacks: Easy Anti Cheat.

Aimbots and wallhacks/ESPs dont modify any data of the client. So its not a matter of trusting the client or not.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
9. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Mar 18, 2019, 06:52 Muscular Beaver

Never liked 7-zip. Its clunky, OS implementation is flawed and it has problems with some archives, especially split ones.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 17, 2019, 22:09 Muscular Beaver

Rilcon wrote on Mar 17, 2019, 13:11:
Account bans maybe? I know Blizzard makes good money from people that get caught cheating and rebuy the game to get back in...
Not maybe.
Play GTA Online for a week and you will know how many cheaters there are. They are getting banned in the thousands each week. But they are back in it instantly because they are mostly from countries where GTA V is dirt cheap. Russia, China, Turkey, etc.
And us Europeans have to play with them on servers P2P sessions.

News Comments > Stream PC and Android to Xbox One
2. Re: Stream PC and Android to Xbox One Mar 14, 2019, 17:07 Muscular Beaver

Well, the big question here is latency.
How big is it? Is it low enough even in a LAN in your own home?

I already thought about doing that with an Nvidia Shield, but everyone says the input lag is massive.

So I rather use a 10 meter HDMI cable from my PC to the TV and use wireless input devices.

News Comments > Windows 7 Gets (Some) DirectX 12 Support
10. Re: Windows 7 Gets (Some) DirectX 12 Support Mar 13, 2019, 12:33 Muscular Beaver

Acleacius wrote on Mar 13, 2019, 09:49:
First thing m$ has done right since creating the xbox?
Whats right about it? Support is ending soon.
They should have done it for Windows 8.1, which still goes on for another 3 years and which is basically a Windows 7, if you just only install a Windows menu mod.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Classic Rollout Details
4. Re: World of Warcraft Classic Rollout Details Mar 12, 2019, 01:12 Muscular Beaver

Kxmode wrote on Mar 12, 2019, 01:07:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Mar 12, 2019, 00:46:
Will it be with the modern engine and models or the old one?

Old graphics and models with the modern UI. Recreated the classic content inside a modern engine. There are some limitations that the devs at present haven't been able to resolve. The UI is one of them. Personally I prefer the new UI as it works better in 4K.

Check out the full 46 minute presentation of how the classic team brought classic back from the grave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhKkP8LryYM
Aww, could have added something new playing it with new graphics.
I got my classic fix on a private server.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Classic Rollout Details
2. Re: World of Warcraft Classic Rollout Details Mar 12, 2019, 00:46 Muscular Beaver

Will it be with the modern engine and models or the old one?  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 12, 2019, 00:36 Muscular Beaver

I have a Huawei Smartphone and some apps have lost support for it all of the sudden. No reply to complaints either.
WTF is going on?

News Comments > 350K+ Apex Legend Cheaters Banned
15. Re: 350K+ Apex Legend Cheaters Banned Mar 11, 2019, 04:05 Muscular Beaver

VaranDragon wrote on Mar 9, 2019, 11:23:
Easy-Anti-Cheat is the worst anti cheat service I've yet seen. Reporting suspected cheaters is done outside of the game, through a webpage that allows no way to attach screenshots, videos or .log files to any report. I have reported a suspected cheater in SCUM and in Insurgency: Sandstorm, which both use the service, and have not even had a confirmation email that my report was even read, let alone looked into.
Agreed completely. EA using EAC is like Ferrari putting a moped engine into their cars...

News Comments > Devil May Cry 5 Released
10. Re: Devil May Cry 5 Released Mar 9, 2019, 07:48 Muscular Beaver

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 8, 2019, 17:04:
Never played any of these games because I can't stand over emotes in these Asian games. Can't remember what they're called... For example, the over acting in Final Fantasy makes me want to puke.

Also, I assume the title of these games is really poor translation?

Same way I feel. Japanese games/anime are not my thing because of it.
Some are better done, because they aim directly at a broader range than just Japanese culture, like Resident Evil, but even in those you still taste this stuff, the overacting, the weird dialogues, etc.

News Comments > Windows 10 Update May Degrade Games
14. Re: Windows 10 Update May Degrade Games Mar 8, 2019, 05:32 Muscular Beaver

Windows 10 has caused performance issues in games since the beginning. And they know that, because some of them have specifically been fixed with their patches.
Why admit only this one now? So that the other ones get ignored even more and people will start to think this abysmal performance is normal and never was better?

If your customers need to use programs like Intelligent Standby List Cleaner and others to get rid of stutters that are caused because of your incompetence, then you should start to worry. MS is starting to act like fucking politicians. They can do what they want, because even the media isnt talking about their mistakes anymore.

News Comments > Sunset for RAPE DAY on Steam
32. Re: Sunset for RAPE DAY on Steam Mar 7, 2019, 03:40 Muscular Beaver

Timmeh wrote on Mar 6, 2019, 19:11:
necrosis wrote on Mar 6, 2019, 17:22:
Timmeh wrote on Mar 6, 2019, 16:02:
With all the sjw stuff i cant believe there is anyone even making a game like this.
The "SJW stuff" is the exact reason something like this is made.

To some degree i see your point. but that seems to be covered by the gta style games of the world. This is a whole new level of vulgar insanity.
You will see much more of that, after SJW stuff has become the "rebel" culture. What else is there to rebel about for young people? It will turn around again sooner or later.
Doesnt really matter whats good or bad, since most SJWs are massive hypocrites, its only about being edgy.

News Comments > Apex Legends Boasts 50M First Month Players
33. Re: Apex Legends Boasts 50M First Month Players Mar 4, 2019, 22:51 Muscular Beaver

Osc8r wrote on Mar 4, 2019, 19:34:

IMO if i'm playing a game with one life, i want each fight to be intense, lasting and meaningful... where you have multiple opportunities to re-act and outplay your opponent, not just boom boom thank you mam. Personally i feel the COD style mechanics are the least suited to the BR genre.

/rant
Eh?
You have plenty opportunities in that game. How long have you played it? You dont really seem to know it.
The classes all have their special abilities that can give you an awesome advantage, *if* used right.
Fights are far quicker over in PUBG or Fortnite than in Apex. And then you also dont have the 2 possibilities to get rezzed, nor can you heal as fast as in Apex in any other game. You can actually make very bad mistakes and still live through them because of all your options. The tight packed map also gives you plenty of options to outplay your opponents or to run and lick your wounds (or get your teammates back).
If you think this is CoD style, then theres nothing to change your mind, since you already ignore all reason.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
7. Re: Sunday Metaverse Mar 4, 2019, 16:59 Muscular Beaver

Don't be evil.  

News Comments > Apex Legends Boasts 50M First Month Players
22. Re: Apex Legends Boasts 50M First Month Players Mar 4, 2019, 16:48 Muscular Beaver

Osc8r wrote on Mar 4, 2019, 16:11:
Looks like is it's slowly losing it's lead on Twitch, so maybe people are starting to get bored of it already?

Not my cup of tea, just felt like a new Blackout map.
More like time of day dependent.
Fortnite is starting to be mainly non-english speaking channels. Same thing happened to PUBG.

2770 Comments. 139 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo