Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 2346 (Senior)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fortnite Battle Royale Royale's Success
8. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Royale's Success Jan 16, 2018, 05:14 Muscular Beaver

Osc8r wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 00:31:
Ranger55 wrote on Jan 15, 2018, 21:06:
BR on PC is fun... until you run into cheaters, which doesn't take very long. Although, I've found I can mostly avoid them by joining matches with PS4 friends.

3-4 months ago i would have agreed with you, but i hardly come across any stripties anymore.

Hell, i just did a quick look and there's very few public hacks that support fortnite now and the ones that do are generally detected anyway.

That's one area they have actually done a pretty good job at, but they really needed to, seeing they are F2P and were infected with them not so long ago.

PUBG could definitely learn a thing or two from Epic in this regard.

That said i'm having a break until they fix their shooting mechanics... the RNG/Bloom drives me nuts.

I also wish they'd bring back the explosive only mode, the regular mode is starting to get a stale with all the campers and base builders which they seems to be encouraging more and more with each patch.
Its a UE4 game. That means there are dozens of cheats for it. Even if you dont find them.
I just did a quick search and as I said, there are dozens of recent ones.
Not to mention, if you get banned in this game, you simply create a new account and are able to play again in a matter of minutes.

But I do agree on their RNG crap. Shortly before I uninstalled it, I shot someone with a golden SCAR 6 times from medium range and all shots missed, even though he didnt move and I aimed perfectly and even crouched while doing it. He turned around, shot at me 3 times with an M16, all of them hit and I was dead with full health and shield.
I have no issues killing people close up or with a sniper, where this RNG doesnt make much difference, but using assault rifles from medium to long range, is just cancer.
From videos Ive seen that people with controller hit far better with it than people who play with mouse/keyboard.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 15, 2018, 12:50 Muscular Beaver

Sepharo wrote on Jan 15, 2018, 12:03:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 15, 2018, 09:55:
For example, if you see some player standing on a hill in PUBG, picking off 5+ other players one by one all around them, then you know they are hacking, because every other person wouldnt be able to spot all the people around them and would very quickly be picked off themselves because of that and thus they wouldnt even dare exposing themselves like that.

But this is exactly how Fugglet and Shroud play. Would you ban them for being too good?
https://www.youtube.com/user/Fugglettv

Like he will climb to the top of a hill, jump up and down to draw shots, and then, assuming he has the Kar or a sniper rifle from a drop, headshot the responders one by one.
Of course there can be situations where there are simply really bad players around them. But that would be rather rare, because especially in a game like that everyone instantly looks in the direction of a gun shot and goes for it.

Accusations of cheating against the named players are nothing new. On Youtube there are quite a few fishy videos of them doing stuff like that. Maybe we will see them in one of those "Top 5 Streamers exposed as cheaters" video at some point.

Especially in the case of Shroud its very fishy. He doesnt have a very consistent gamestyle. But sometimes its like a switch he flips and suddenly he is god.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 15, 2018, 09:55 Muscular Beaver

Jagacademy wrote on Jan 15, 2018, 09:23:
Numinar wrote on Jan 15, 2018, 03:26:
PUBG getting pretty comfortable up there. It sucked last week, but the last few days feel cheater free (Had one or two suspiciously accurate shooters but that might be more of the fact that people with 4000 hours of CS have jumped on).

Getting some good seconds and 3rds though. Getting over trigger panic and making that last kill is so hard for me still but it's getting better and better, I'm making the other dudes bleed 3/4 of their health now whereas before I would just get rolled.

It is super incredibly obvious when someone is cheating, it should never come down to "Hmm, maybe this person is just good." You'll watch the Death Cam and see them firing into the ground over and over again, since many of the cheats circumvent line-of-sight mechanics. Aimbotting is common as well, in which you'll see their reticule snap straight to someone's head, kill them in 1 second, instantly snap to another head, kill them in 1 second, etc. If you keep an eye on the killcam (edit: killfeed) as well, it is easy to spot cheaters, as their name keeps popping up with kill after kill.

In 3rd person, cheating is an epidemic in this game. I've had days when it was every other match, sometimes game after game after game. Switched to 1st person, and almost never see a cheater, so that works for now.
You can easily spot rage hackers and hackers who use a hack for the first time. But multihacks have been around for decades and people have learned to hide them very well (they even have learned how to hide them on LAN tournaments!). Theres still ways to spot them, but it needs people who know how these hacks work and how people act who use them, how skilled people act and how unskilled ones with a hidden hack act.
For example, if you see some player standing on a hill in PUBG, picking off 5+ other players one by one all around them, then you know they are hacking, because every other person wouldnt be able to spot all the people around them and would very quickly be picked off themselves because of that and thus they wouldnt even dare exposing themselves like that. Another good sign is when people run around fdoing headshots all the time, but dont even have their aiming leveled to headshot while they are running. They more or less look to the ground all the time and then suddenly they look up and do a headshot.

Aimbots have evolved too. They now snap more "humanly possible" and they pretty much always had an option to put them to a percentage level when they should activate, so that sometimes the cheater actually uses his own aim (and yes, if you use shit like that, you actually learn to aim better), and have a deadzone, to make it look less suspicious.

News Comments > PUBG China Cheating Backlash Heats Up
18. Re: PUBG China Cheating Backlash Heats Up Jan 13, 2018, 06:07 Muscular Beaver

Heres actually an analysis of PUBG and Fortnite and comparison to other games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwZ_NUruGTM

Explains why Fortnite also feels so weird.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 12, 2018, 14:45 Muscular Beaver

Ah, our morally superior heroes are active here too. How surprising!  

News Comments > ESA Rebukes President Trump
67. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 13:33 Muscular Beaver

Beamer wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 13:12:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 13:07:
Yifes wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 13:02:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 12:56:
It really feels like they are religious fanatics, doesnt it? And when you talk to them, its even more obvious. Facts dont count for them. Their hypocrisy is astounding, even more so how they can ignore it and still claim they are in the right. Some of them are so crazy and illogical that I am really scared of them.

These people prove that the saying "The path to hell is paved with good intentions", is absolutely true.

That's a perfect description of the right. Religious indoctrination, ignoring facts in favor of faith and dogma is exactly how the conservative voter base conditions their children. I mean, you have people believing that the Earth is 5000 years old, denying fossil evidence and evolution; it's not a long stretch for them to deny all evidence and believe the bullshit coming out of Trump's mouth.
Thanks for confirming my points. Facts dont matter, you cant argue with them, because they will just twist everything to their liking. And thats why I dont argue with people like you anymore. Its literally useless and seems to make you people tick out even more, because truth and facts are triggering you...

What facts?
Give us facts and see how we respond.

Generally, you give opinions like "immigrants are bad!" That isn't a fact!
You're also bad at recognizing things. I remember you claiming NBC said "all" gamers were racist. They didn't do this.

Also a fact: you once claimed that you *need* to call people "fags" and the n word in games in order to prevent damage to yourself and those around you. That... is kind of scary and really should be your signature. People should know that about you.
Oh I have. Esecially to you. And I remember very well how you reacted to them. You dont remember? I am not surprised.

57. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 13:07 Muscular Beaver

Yifes wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 13:02:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 12:56:
It really feels like they are religious fanatics, doesnt it? And when you talk to them, its even more obvious. Facts dont count for them. Their hypocrisy is astounding, even more so how they can ignore it and still claim they are in the right. Some of them are so crazy and illogical that I am really scared of them.

These people prove that the saying "The path to hell is paved with good intentions", is absolutely true.

That's a perfect description of the right. Religious indoctrination, ignoring facts in favor of faith and dogma is exactly how the conservative voter base conditions their children. I mean, you have people believing that the Earth is 5000 years old, denying fossil evidence and evolution; it's not a long stretch for them to deny all evidence and believe the bullshit coming out of Trump's mouth.
Thanks for confirming my points. Facts dont matter, you cant argue with them, because they will just twist everything to their liking. And thats why I dont argue with people like you anymore. Its literally useless and seems to make you people tick out even more, because truth and facts are triggering you...

52. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 12:56 Muscular Beaver

Linthat22 wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 12:31:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 12:26:
The 25th Amendment
https://www.needtoimpeach.com
It is time for patriotic Americans to do the right thing.

Nice try, but won't happen. People are so brainwashed that Trump is crazy that they can't see all the good he's doing. Keep repeating leftist garbage.

17. Re: PUBG China Cheating Backlash Heats Up Jan 12, 2018, 12:52 Muscular Beaver

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 10:42:
NamecaF wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 22:39:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 20:54:
That they don't region lock means they allow 300+ pings to play together? How is that working? Magic rubber bands?

Yep. I take it you've never played the game.

yea, hence I am asking. Haven't played a game where anyone had 300ms ping since.. the 90ies. In BF1 average pings are in the 10s to 70s, if you spike above 100 often you get canned.

So this is a genuine question. Is it rubber banding or is it the Battlefield method (high tick-rate bubbles around players) and "prediction ghosting"

What are the tickrates? I assume if 300ms is allowed tickrates are horribly low, probably sub 10 (per second) ?
Ive heard people say 10 to 17 Hz.

12. Re: PUBG China Cheating Backlash Heats Up Jan 12, 2018, 04:16 Muscular Beaver

Rhett wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 23:06:
VPNs will be banned in China next month supposedly. Not great for their country or anything, but... Yeah. PUBG is filled to the brim with a lot of toxic, racist, xenophobic people.

Chinese players have invaded every country's server, making most of the game modes highly unenjoyable (at least, third person I guess - I/my squad plays first person and we don't really see cheaters oddly enough) primarily due to the cheating. Apparently a good majority of them will TK/grief non-Chinese players that end up in their squads as well (you can queue to fill in a squad of randoms). It's pretty nuts.
Even if they block Chinese players, all in all Russian and Turkish players arent that much better in that aspect. I guess in the USA youre shielded from them quite well, but here in Europe you have to deal with them in almost every game, unless it offers servers that are located in their own country.
Even before this China-crap, I played PUBG on NA servers, because there were far too many cheaters from said countries on European servers.

11. Re: PUBG China Cheating Backlash Heats Up Jan 12, 2018, 04:12 Muscular Beaver

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 20:54:
That they don't region lock means they allow 300+ pings to play together? How is that working? Magic rubber bands?
With a proper netcode people with high ping would be the only ones suffering from it. But this netcode is not "proper".

News Comments > PUBG Testing New Crates
24. Re: PUBG Testing New Crates Jan 10, 2018, 16:04 Muscular Beaver

SimplyMonk wrote on Jan 10, 2018, 14:19:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 10, 2018, 02:39:
If youre so concerned about getting money with cosmetics, then do it like GW2 does.

I guess you having been paying attention to GW2, but just recently the ran a loot box for mount skins. That being said, there isn't a good deal of difference between some of GW2's offerings, which do have a few loot box mechanics, and this. I think the main thing is that GW2 does a much better job of policing them game and combating cheaters/farmers as they directly hurt their bottom line.

GW2 still has issues with cheaters and farmers, but they aren't as prevalent because it is harder to turn a profit and make lucrative.
You should read the comment properly you try to reply to.
I have been playing GW2 lately, yes, and the difference is that you cant sell that "loot box" for real money or farm for it. You actually have to pay for it. If people are that desperate for some mount-bling, so be it. For a MMO that doesnt charge monthly fees thats a good system. It doesnt change anything about the balance, doesnt give you any advantages, doesnt make you progress faster or even skip it, and doesnt attract cheaters and farmers. I myself have put as much money into that game as I would have paid monthly fees on other MMOs. I see no problem with that. But of course there are also people who overdo it.

Any online game has cheaters and any MMO with an economy has farmers. Its the number of them I am talking about. In GW2 both are virtually non-existent, because its a good system.

22. Re: PUBG Testing New Crates Jan 10, 2018, 02:39 Muscular Beaver

SimplyMonk wrote on Jan 9, 2018, 15:29:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 9, 2018, 14:31:
Never liked those either because of the same reasons.
And yes, acceptance of them has enabled even more audacious stuff, like this.

How is this audacious? These are cosmetics items that probably wouldn't even be made if they didn't supply an additional revenue stream to the game. The model is fair and you have all the information you need to make decisions if you want to participate or not.

RNG didn't give you the item you wanted? Well go trade your item in for cash and buy the one you want at the market determined price. Don't want to deal with loot crates at all? Fine. Just go buy the items outright from other players.

There is as much gambling in this system as you are willing to accept. With how things are setup, the prices will stay fixed to supply and drop rate based on market pressures. It is almost no difference than if they sold the items in a store for a fixed price except if you want to gamble a little and get lucky you can.
Look at the amount of Chinese cheaters/farmers and you know why.
If youre so concerned about getting money with cosmetics, then do it like GW2 does. That way at least the cheaters/farmers stay out and everyone has the same chance/work.

Games like these have created an industry which promotes cheating and gambling. Of course you will see it more often, if you accept it in one case.

Overon and thecakeisalie have explained it well enough as well.

12. Re: PUBG Testing New Crates Jan 9, 2018, 14:31 Muscular Beaver

SimplyMonk wrote on Jan 9, 2018, 13:56:
These are cosmetic item crates that have their contents and drop rates fully displayed and are part of a system that allows open trading.

If you are going to get up in arms about this, I don't know what to tell you except ask how that fight of yours against Magic: The Gathering is going and every TCG ever released? Not well I imagine, but I guess they haven't caused the downfall of society either.
Never liked those either because of the same reasons.
And yes, acceptance of them has enabled even more audacious stuff, like this.

News Comments > Paladins Battlegrounds Announced
25. Re: Re: Paladins Battlegrounds Announced Jan 5, 2018, 20:24 Muscular Beaver

Sepharo wrote on Jan 5, 2018, 13:53:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 5, 2018, 05:07:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 5, 2018, 03:22:
Mac wrote on Jan 5, 2018, 02:27:
Kxmode wrote on Jan 5, 2018, 01:09:
Remember when WOW was the game getting clones virtually every month? War. War never changes.

You know what they say. Don't mess with a Blizzard!

You mean Blizzard never took any ideas from Everquest when creating WoW? Surely it could be argued that WoW is more of a clone of Everquest, and therefore all future MMO's with the same mix should be called Everquest clones rather than WoW clones? Lets be fair, Blizzard has innovated very little, but what they do is add a special sauce and sell it to the masses.

Last I checked they didn't have a Battle Royale mode in any of their games, so just Player Unknown to upset with this one ...

You may not have caught it in Blue's description or heard of it before but this Paladins game was a pretty direct rip of Overwatch. Now they're just adding a BR mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2gBkqP4V9Y

Please...
https://www.reddit.com/r/Paladins/comments/53qusf/a_brief_history_of_paladins_as_response_to/
Blizzard is known to copy from other games (and even other completely different IPs and then call it homage) a lot.

The character class section of that post is a huge stretch. Those videos dont show Reinhardt and Torbjorn clones to the degree that they're in Paladins. I played Global Agenda and it's not anywhere close to the Paladins - Overwatch comparison. Also as the youtube comments point out with the GA tank-with-shield video they customized the character to get him to even that sort of resemblance and build... unlike Paladins and Overwatch where is a stock character.
As always, pointless to argue with you, since you simply ignore facts.

23. Re: Paladins Battlegrounds Announced Jan 5, 2018, 13:11 Muscular Beaver

Kxmode wrote on Jan 5, 2018, 11:29:
yuastnav wrote on Jan 5, 2018, 09:28:
Kxmode wrote on Jan 5, 2018, 05:47:
So much butthurt over something so derivative. Anyone remember Tribes? Who cares who copied who. What matters is which game you enjoy most.

I miss Tribes. :/

Unfortunately it was abandoned.

I LOVED Tribes. Shazbot!

Yep, but after so many tries, starting with Tribes 2, and them always failing at capturing the speed of Tribes 1 (except the beta of Tribes 3, which for some reason was completely different than the final version), I gave up for good now.

15. Re: Re: Paladins Battlegrounds Announced Jan 5, 2018, 05:07 Muscular Beaver

Sepharo wrote on Jan 5, 2018, 03:22:
Mac wrote on Jan 5, 2018, 02:27:
Kxmode wrote on Jan 5, 2018, 01:09:
Remember when WOW was the game getting clones virtually every month? War. War never changes.

You know what they say. Don't mess with a Blizzard!

You mean Blizzard never took any ideas from Everquest when creating WoW? Surely it could be argued that WoW is more of a clone of Everquest, and therefore all future MMO's with the same mix should be called Everquest clones rather than WoW clones? Lets be fair, Blizzard has innovated very little, but what they do is add a special sauce and sell it to the masses.

Last I checked they didn't have a Battle Royale mode in any of their games, so just Player Unknown to upset with this one ...

You may not have caught it in Blue's description or heard of it before but this Paladins game was a pretty direct rip of Overwatch. Now they're just adding a BR mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2gBkqP4V9Y

Please...
https://www.reddit.com/r/Paladins/comments/53qusf/a_brief_history_of_paladins_as_response_to/
Blizzard is known to copy from other games (and even other completely different IPs and then call it homage) a lot.

7. Re: Paladins Battlegrounds Announced Jan 4, 2018, 22:02 Muscular Beaver

Game Whining Corp.
Est. 1996
"OMG, another Doom clone! Wah wah wah."

News Comments > ESA Takes on WHO Over "Gaming Disorder"
5. Re: ESA Takes on WHO Over Jan 2, 2018, 20:58 Muscular Beaver

Comet wrote on Jan 2, 2018, 19:45:
I completely agree with the WHO assessment.
Games are addictive and we all know that.

If they weren't people wouldn't invest so much time playing them almost on a daily basis.
With that said, as pointed out by NKD, TV disorder should be included as well.

There is a question that needs to be posed.
If everyone on the planet is addicted to something, do we still consider it an addiction?

The way I see it any form of entertainment can provoke a disorder.
It's not about video games.

It's TV disorder, it's Internet addiction.Social network addiction, sugar addiction.

Is it OK for people to watch reality TV all day?

Instead of labeling game, TV disorder or something just use a single term such as "entertainment disorder" that encompasses them all because the results and the symptoms are precisely the same.

Everything can be addictive. It just depends on the person. Some drink alcohol, some smoke, some do drugs, some play video games all day long, some drive cars all day long, some are addicted to sex, some to food, etc, etc.
These organizations need to learn that the problem behind the addiction is the real issue. We know that since the Vietnam war, that showed that addicted persons would almost instantly stop using drugs, once the psychological issues were solved.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2017, 20:24 Muscular Beaver

So you guys here let yourselves get divided and conquered too, I see. Sad to see it happening to the USA as well. Well, you still have a chance to let common sense get back its power, but when I see people riding that "RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA" fake news train, and see them spewing out their massive hypocrisy, just because they seemingly want to prove they have the moral superiority (oh look, how many times did we see that shit in history hit the fan?), my hopes are very low.  

2346 Comments. 118 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo