Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Fort Collins, CO 03/24

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 2005 (Senior)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Trailer
45. Re: Mass Effect 2 Trailer Jun 2, 2009, 10:43 Muscular Beaver

I wouldnt have missed it, because of that end.
Anyways I am sorry if I insulted you, but you paid it back to me already I see. Very mature. So somehow its still fitting, it seems.
I only remember my childhood and my friends back then and that was the only time when we liked brainless achievements like that. We even created them for ourselves to see who was better. If you can keep yourself entertained by something like that... alright. But its still a stupid addition to PC games. No matter if a port or not. It simply feels like a gap filler. A very cheap gap filler.

My opinion is still that consoles are kiddy tools. I have no respect for them and I have yet to find a single game on them that would have me seriously interested for a longer time.
I know we are all pressing buttons, but its the way we press them and especially the content makes a huge difference. Imagine Mass Effect with real PC-like content and gameplay. It would have been much more challenging and would have actually been right at the side of baldurs gate in my all time best RPGs book.
Seriously, if there wasnt such a huge difference, I would play console games. But I dont. Even PC games that feel like console games because they are a port are not bought by me. Regrettably those are getting more and more. Mass Effect was a real downer for me because it looked so fucking promising and then in the middle of the game without warning (though I had my suspicions but hoped that Bioware wouldnt be that audacious) I got a shovel in my face by Bioware.
I am still mad and that game is long sold again.

This comment was edited on Jun 2, 2009, 10:45.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Trailer
43. Re: Mass Effect 2 Trailer Jun 2, 2009, 04:44 Muscular Beaver

I fucking loved Mass Effect. The music, the atmosphere, the characters, the story, THE GALAXY MAP. That is up until I was confronted with the end of the story after only 15 hours. Wow, I got so mad back then. IMO they destroyed so much potential with such a short story. After a few months I loaded a mid-game save and started doing all side missions. God they were so boring and all looked the same. I was happy that I played it the first time without most of them, because I doubt I would have completed the game if I did them back then.

The game was also far too easy from about 50% of the plot. At that point you could just run and gun. I dont want to imagine what would have happened if I spent more time leveling character and equipment in the side missions. God, I guess I would have sent hate mails to Bioware.

Make Mass Effect 2 a true PC game with a long story (at least 50 hours of game) nice and varied side missions which are also connected to the main story, many places to explore and this game will be one of the best games ever. Oh and remove those idiotic childish achievements for console kiddies. Yeah its cheap "content", but it also makes a game look indeed very cheap and uninspired.

This comment was edited on Jun 2, 2009, 04:52.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Announced
71. Re: Crysis 2 Announced Jun 2, 2009, 04:10 Muscular Beaver

Loved the SP of Crysis and Warhead. Could have been longer though.
But I really get shivers when I read that its being done for consoles aswell. Thats not a good omen. Crysis was pretty simple already... if its getting even simpler (and shorter) because of consoles, then they can kiss my ass.

News Comments > On ARMA II Bugs
47. Re: On ARMA II Bugs May 30, 2009, 03:57 Muscular Beaver

Sure, the bugs are probably horrible, but theres something you guys forget all the time: BIS is very small and doesnt have much money. They are doing a hell of a job for the size of that team. It will be patched, but it will take longer than a multibillion company would take.

And seriously, I rather have a developer that still does PC games (though buggy for a few months) than some POS company like EA, Ubi etc that only do simplistic console crap and port it to the PC with a DRM.

News Comments > Diablo III Bestiary Update
5. Re: Diablo III Bestiary Update May 24, 2009, 03:38 Muscular Beaver

That's rather strange, especially given you didn't care for the first two, the latest one will largely be a rehash of those.

With new improved... graphics?

News Comments > AvP Trailer, Details
25. Re: AvP Trailer, Details May 21, 2009, 10:50 Muscular Beaver

Thank god.  

News Comments > AvP Trailer, Details
18. Re: AvP Trailer, Details May 21, 2009, 03:36 Muscular Beaver

The main reason why I didnt like AvP2 as much as AvP was because the sounds werent nearly as good or as original as the ones in AvP. Especially the weapon sounds were completely different. Just not like the movies. Also the predator wasnt as cool anymore. There were a lot of small details that they didnt do like they were in the movies.

The campaigns were awesome, though. I will never forget when I had to run out of the facility and when I looked back while running away I saw dozens of aliens chasing me.

Oh and the Multiplayer sucked horribly. The netcode was a total disaster. I never had a ping below 350.

News Comments > ARMA II Next Month
30. Re: ARMA II Next Month May 19, 2009, 07:59 Muscular Beaver

Cant wait for this.

Sure, Arma I and OFP were buggy as hell, but I still played them like theres no tomorrow because they were so awesome. Even big bugs couldnt hurt the fun I had with them, and thats when you know that a game is truly awesome.

Also this is one of the now very rare TRUE PC games. I rather have a buggy PC game than a pristine console port.

This comment was edited on May 19, 2009, 08:01.

News Comments > NWN2: Mysteries of Westgate This Month
34. Re: NWN2: Mysteries of Westgate This Month Apr 21, 2009, 07:43 Muscular Beaver

Loved NWN2 and MotB. Storm of Zehir was crap, but that wouldnt hold me off to buy this addon too.
What really holds me off is the DRM. Ive been very sensitive to not let such crap on my computer and being raped by it while pirates enjoy their DRM-less game.

This wont be any different. If at all, its even more worth not buying it because nobody should be handcuffed by a DRM in a fucking $10 addon.

Its getting out of hand...

News Comments > New Assassin's Creed II Altair Ego
15. Re: New Assassin's Creed II Altair Ego Apr 11, 2009, 17:24 Muscular Beaver

Im wondering why no one mentioned the extremely boring gameplay and sterile game world and shitty controls for a PC game.

I know some of you will prolly spout their drool against their monitors now after reading sterile gameworld, but it actually was sterile. Yeah the cities and stuff were crowded, but it felt extremely artificial. The whole game actually did. Immersive my ass. I uninstalled it after the 3rd mission because I couldnt stand cities or even alleys that all looked alike, extremely predictable AI and repetitive gameplay. Didnt even bother to get all towers or flags because I would rather complete all e-peen achievements in WoW than do it in such a game, where its even more retarded and boring.

It prolly was a decent console game, but surely not a good PC game.

News Comments > Gold - NWN2: Mysteries of Westgate
7. Re: Gold - NWN2: Mysteries of Westgate Mar 6, 2009, 08:46 Muscular Beaver

I liked NWN2 and Mask of the Betrayer a lot. I loved BG and IWD, and NWN2 felt like it continues where they let off (NWN1 was a horrible experience which I uninstalled after a few hours of playing it).
Storm of Zehir, on the other hand, was the biggest POS expansion Ive seen in a long time. Felt like playing Zelda (that idiotic map view) with no story at all. Never completed it.

Heres hoping this one comes at least close to MotB.

News Comments > Diablo II Patch Plans
4. Re: Diablo II Patch Plans Mar 4, 2009, 08:37 Muscular Beaver

I would like to add a reequest for this patch to teach other game companies to run theirs like Blizzard.

Is pretty obvious that you dont play WoW.

News Comments > Duke3D a Good Old Game
48. Re: Duke3D, Good Old Game Mar 1, 2009, 19:09 Muscular Beaver

I want Blood!
Too bad they never released the source code of it, so there are no mods for it. And since Atari and Monolith share the IP now, I doubt it will ever be released.
Too bad, one of the funniest game I've ever played.

News Comments > TF2 Cheats Disciplined
70. Re: TF2 Cheats Disciplined Mar 1, 2009, 18:41 Muscular Beaver

PC gamers using cheats to circumvent idiotic and childish console style achievements that, besides the natural low skill, gimp new players too.
Yup. Very bad offense! Hang em! Or better, force them to play on a console!

POS dumbed down game. Still waiting for someone to make a TFC mod for TF2. Until then it stays uninstalled. FF sucks.

BTW, theres a similar thing happening in Savage 2. People not being able to access good units. It totally destroys balance, gameplay and thus fun.
Whoever invented this unlocking and achievement crap in multiplayer needs to die a horrible death. It was prolly some dumbshit console freak.

This comment was edited on Mar 1, 2009, 18:46.

News Comments > New Age Of Chivalry
5. Re: New Age Of Chivalry Mar 1, 2009, 17:00 Muscular Beaver

Chivalry is far too slow and feels pretty sterile to me.
PVKII is an unbalanced POS and will drive you mad if you want fair games, but its a fun POS if you dont take it too seriously.

News Comments > EFF versus DRM
10. Re: EFF versus DRM Feb 15, 2009, 10:56 Muscular Beaver

theyarecomingforyou,

nice one sided view. Have you ever been a customer? I doubt it.

News Comments > EFF versus DRM
7. Re: EFF versus DRM Feb 14, 2009, 18:31 Muscular Beaver

DRM only hurts sales. Nothing else.
For example I would never ever buy music with DRM because I also want to listen to it in my car and on generic MP3 players/computers.

News Comments > New Blizzard MMO Gearing Up?
12. Re: New Blizzard MMO Gearing Up? Feb 13, 2009, 01:12 Muscular Beaver

Nice.
But I would be happier if they get some good support in WoW going before jumping to the next game. They even axed account phone support completely and now you have to wait 3+ days for a reply and cant talk to a supervisor anymore.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Origins
26. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Origins Feb 13, 2009, 00:49 Muscular Beaver

I am not going to pretend it was ZOMG BEST GAME EVAR! or anything, but Mass Effect was hardly meh. Pretty good actually.

Yeah, if you like dumbed down controls and gameplay, repetitive scenery (rooms), idiotic implementation of side missions and a game value of 10-20 hours.
Sorry, but for former BioWare standards, Mass Effect was far closer to meh than to pretty good or decent.

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 2009, 00:50.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
49. Re: Ships Ahoy - F.E.A.R. 2 Feb 11, 2009, 05:23 Muscular Beaver

eRe4s3r,

I tried a few of the newer ones a few months back (24"s), and they all failed.
The Hyundai 241D had a pretty good black (for a LCD), but it had ghosting and flickering light textures when moving and also input lag.
The others all had shitty black. But the worst of all, the typical motion blur of LCDs is always there, no matter which one you buy.

I sent em all back and bought a used Sony GDM FW900 for only about half of a "good" TFT. The best CRT ever made. I love this thing and noticed how much better I play with it compared to a TFT.

2005 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 52.
< Newer [ 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo