Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1927 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ] Older >

News Comments > WoW Death Knights Expand
31. Re: WoW Death Knights Expand Jan 9, 2009, 15:58 Muscular Beaver

I dont hold grudges, I had a nice time with my friends in that game and thats that. I just find it fascinating how Blizzard fucks up so much with their huge budget (I also knew right from the start that everyone would play a DK when they announced it and that would have huge impacts on the game since finding a group or getting guild groups together would be far more difficult, not to mention the PvP issue) and how people can blindly defend this game as if its their family. Thats also why I still talk about it with my friends.

Of course balancing has to be done all the time in such a game, but thats not the point. The point is how its done. I could be done far better, yet all the millions dont allow them to invest in better balancing? I mean look at the patches. Even critical bugs often take weeks if not months to get fixed. In other MMOs (with FAR FAR less budget) something like that get fixed in a matter of days.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: WoW Death Knights Expand Jan 9, 2009, 15:38 Muscular Beaver

fair and balanced = more time consuming?

Sorry, but dont you like to play fair and balanced games?

21. Re: WoW Death Knights Expand Jan 9, 2009, 15:20 Muscular Beaver

Coming here and whining about how the developers of the most successful MMO ever "don't know" about their game (while amusing) is pointless. Clearly a lot of people disagree with you.
Whining? What the hell is whining to you? I only stated my opinion and that of many others and was stating facts. Its a fact that Blizzard fucks up shit pretty often in that game, even though there are plenty of good suggestions in the forums they still have to use stupid solutions that turn out to be failures. And then they spend months and months on them to "tweak" em, only to introduce new talents and stuff to make their solution completely useless.

If you cant handle peoples opinions, you shouldnt visit internet forums. But let me guess, youre one of those Blizzard fanbois who thinks just because the game sells good it has to be good and everything is well in that game?

Oh and Dagok: There is a good reason that people complain about overpowered classes. Especially now since everyone has 1 of each class anyway, people can judge pretty well which class is unbalanced and which is not. Blizzard on the other hand doesnt seem to have a clue.

This comment was edited on Jan 9, 2009, 15:29.

8. Re: WoW Death Knights Expand Jan 9, 2009, 12:54 Muscular Beaver

True. Why do quality and well thought out stuff if you get the same money with crap.
Especially now with all the addicts they can actually do what they want, no matter how crappy it is.

After what I heard (and still hear) from my friends who still play, I am really happy that I quit that game about 1 year ago.

6. Re: WoW Death Knights Expand Jan 9, 2009, 12:41 Muscular Beaver

Well, I dont know how long you guys have been playing, but after a year everyone should notice that Blizzard has no clue about how things in their game works and so their ideas and fixes often make things bad or worse.  

News Comments > On Mass Effect 2
15. Re: On Mass Effect 2 Jan 8, 2009, 15:49 Muscular Beaver

Your squad members were equally retarded.
Right, totally forgot about that. I never really used the tactial screen, because the AI followed none of your orders anyway. It even switched back to pistol all the time when I told it to use shotgun or rifle. Movement was also horrible. I told em to take cover over there and then they just stood there and did nothing (besides dying from enemy fire).
Horrible, horrible.

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision
2. Re: NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Jan 8, 2009, 15:42 Muscular Beaver

And what about 120 Hz CRTs?  

News Comments > On Mass Effect 2
11. Re: On Mass Effect 2 Jan 8, 2009, 14:07 Muscular Beaver

Level "design" was horrible. Same rooms, same enemies, enemies always in the same rooms, combat system at the start too frustrating and at the end far too easy. The last half of the game was so easy, I could run through it blindly and just keep shooting without my gun overheating and enemies falling over just because they saw me.
If they get that fixed and also add a far longer campaign and side quests that are actually tied to it and are not completely optional, then I will buy this game. But on ME1 I feel like I was screwed over. Looked awesome at first but after a few hours it was just meh.

btw, they already stated that there will be a PC version, eventually.

I like the Anakin Skywalker and Darth Vader analogy. Fits perfectly and will most likely happen to Bioware.

This comment was edited on Jan 8, 2009, 14:09.

News Comments > TribesNext
45. Re: I totally agree.... Jan 7, 2009, 19:25 Muscular Beaver

I dont know what you guys are talking about classic. It did indeed tweak the game a little towards T1, but it came nowhere near it.
It still felt like T2 - slow, clunky and far too easy.

40. Re: I totally agree.... Jan 7, 2009, 11:39 Muscular Beaver

Yeah its sad that devs always feel forced to "improve" a game with crap that isnt necessary.

There were 2 vehicles in T1, but one of them was completely useless. The other one was well balanced because it was extremely fragile.
For me (and almost all other T1 fans I know) the best thing about Tribes was the extremely fast gameplay (skiing) and the jetpack. In T2 they added so many powerful vehicles and forced people to use them, that skiing and the fast gameplay suffered from it and so damaged one of the best parts of the game.

I'm all for changes, but they should under no circumstances harm any other parts of a game. And in no way one of the best parts.
They were so fucking lucky that T1 had the skiing bug (I doubt even a 1/100 of the players would have played the game if there was no skiing), and then they destroyed that luck by nerfing skiing. Utterly stupid, retarded and other stuff that come to mind.

News Comments > No PC LotR Conquest Demo
10. Re: No PC LotR Conquest Demo Jan 7, 2009, 05:49 Muscular Beaver

I want to say EA turned them into crap, but DICE and Bioware and others are still doing well under their umbrella.

BioWare is declining too.
Just look at Mass Effect. A perfect blinder that can even fool people who only play it for a few hours (like testers) because it delivers an awesome atmosphere, but after a few more hours of playing you realize that its extremely cheap and repetitive. The main plot (and game) can be completed (even accidentally) in less than 10 hours. Thats fucking pathetic for a RPG.

37. Re: TribesNext Jan 7, 2009, 05:40 Muscular Beaver

Ok, I understand perfectly T1 players to not like T2 and T3.
But seriously, why do T2 fans dont like T3??? T3 was much better than T2 in almost all aspects.
I didnt like it because it was just too much of T2 and only little of T1.

And yes I agree with Jerykk, T2 vehicles destroyed the original experience and also the game was dumbed down a lot to make it more appealing to more players.
There were a few things I liked about T2, like the medium and heavy armors not being able to ski as fast as lights or (sometimes) the mobile base - not because of the missile launcher, but because of the station, but those were all minor points that couldnt keep me playing.
All in all I would say T2 was much more chaos, than the sometimes brilliant executed tactics in T1 (mostly because of the vehicles and missle launchers). You could completely outsmart your enemy in T1. In T2 that wasnt possible, unless you faced complete idiots.

2. Re: TribesNext Jan 6, 2009, 11:09 Muscular Beaver

I wish they would do a graphics update or something like that fpr Tribes 1. Tribes 2 is simply too slow and easy.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Strike Fighters 2
13. Re: Ships Ahoy Jan 5, 2009, 07:41 Muscular Beaver

As I said, if you turn everything on/off its pretty realistic and I can tell because I drive a high power car myself. If everything is set to arcade, yes, then its somewhere between arcade and sim (still MUCH more sim than any NFS - even 1 or Porsche).
I am talking about physics btw. These weird japanese races for example are nowhere near realism.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Strike Fighters 2
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Strike Fighters 2 Jan 5, 2009, 03:31 Muscular Beaver

Realism on games is a curious thing.
I like realism too, but for example too much realism in a race game makes it far too hard since you cant see where the next corner goes or cant feel the car reacting to your steering like you do in real life.

I guess thats also why I never really played much Falcon for example and dont like the super realistic version of GRID or GTR Evolution.
Its simply so complicated that its unrealistic again.

News Comments > Cancelled Stormbirds Revealed
9. Re: Cancelled Stormbirds Revealed Jan 4, 2009, 07:04 Muscular Beaver

I would call strike commander an arcade flying game not a flight sim. Were there more than like 3 gauges to look at in the cockpit for that game? Falcon 3 was a flight sim but not strike commander...

Still more realistic than HAWX and prolly this game since it was supposed to go in the ring against HAWX.

News Comments > Space War Commander & Demo Launch
15. Re: Space War Commander & Demo Launch Jan 2, 2009, 05:36 Muscular Beaver

Looks like some cheap flash game. Why should I pay for a flash game?  

News Comments > Fallout 3 Postmortem
36. Re: Fallout 3 GOTY! Dec 30, 2008, 22:36 Muscular Beaver

Looks like many here forget that this game is just another game designed for consoles.
If it was only made for the PC, I have no doubts that it would have been much more close to the first 2 parts.
They had to dumb so much down for the consoles.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Retrospective
13. Re: Baldur's Gate Retrospective Dec 24, 2008, 07:53 Muscular Beaver

Eh, BG1 had the (unnecessary) free-roaming world map that added a lot of weight. BG2 was a far better narrative thanks in part to the greatly reduced world map. That's why BG2 is pretty much unanimously agreed to be the better of the two.

I disagree strongly. BG1 seemed much more massive because of that fact. You could always take different routes to your destination and always see something new and do lots of sidequests. Or if you were in the mood just go strolling around and explore.
It actually made me sad that that wasnt there in BG2 anymore.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Retrospective
7. Re: Baldur's Gate Retrospective Dec 24, 2008, 03:34 Muscular Beaver

Paranoid Jack:
If BG and IWD couldnt keep you playing, nothing would. There has never been a better story or atmosphere. These games were and still are some of the best RPGs ever made.
You really missed something.

Thanks to some mods you can play BG1 with the BG2 engine and choose more resolutions. And all of the games (BG and IWD series) work on my Vista 64. I am still playing them from time to time. Right now I am about 2/3 done with BG1 + expansion and still need to play BG 2 and IWD 1 & 2 + expansions.
The awesome thing is that the graphics still look very nice (except maybe the characters). If a 3D engine would have been used for these games, I doubt I would have played em more than once and they would look horrible now.

This comment was edited on Dec 24, 2008, 03:39.

1927 Comments. 97 pages. Viewing page 52.
< Newer [ 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo