Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1902 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Interview
1. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Interview Dec 20, 2008, 17:11 Muscular Beaver

I am really thrilled about this game and hope a game will finally come in reach of the Baldur's Gate series, but I doubt they will be successful judging by the past few RPGs by Bioware which were nowhere near as massive as BG.

Do you guys think there will ever be a game again as massive and immersive as the BG and IWD series? 100 hours gameplay? Atmosphere that you dont want to stop playing anymore? Lots of places to explore and a nice story? Finally some controls that arent as clumsy aand clunky as NWN 1 & 2?

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 2008, 17:12.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Spore De-Authorization Tool
35. Re: Spore De-Authorization Tool Dec 19, 2008, 05:25 Muscular Beaver

It's stupid to say that DRM does more against piracy than a previous copy protection does, except maybe pre-release pirating, depending on how its done, but we all know how this was done with Bioshock, where the game won't be installable anymore once the servers go down. Everyone with a little far sight should know that.

It's the pirates that keep laughing at the publishers and enjoy DRM-less and bloatware-less games while publishers torture their customers even more and of course lose some of them on the way.

It's simple logic if you know how DRM works and if you ever had problems with them. If you can't understand that, then maybe you should grow a little older and get more experience how things work.

Your main point is bullshit, because it simply doesn't work and only harasses the honest buyers. That's what you don't understand.
Like someone here already said before - more or less: It's like putting chain mail on your clients to protect YOURSELF against fire.

News Comments > Spore De-Authorization Tool
33. Re: Spore De-Authorization Tool Dec 19, 2008, 03:57 Muscular Beaver

Well, you gotta be real thick if you think that DRM stops more casual pirates than a normal copy protection. Also to think that DRM stops piracy to an extend where publishers actually sell more games is real thick too.

How about telling us how many actually were driven to pirate this game because of this DRM? How many pirated it out of protest? How many didn't buy or pirate it out of protest?
You can't say either, so please STFU.

This whole DRM is only there because they need to assure their stock holders and investors. It's a placebo, nothing less.

Oh btw, it's spelled 'you're'. Pretty embarrassing when a German has to tell you that, huh?

This comment was edited on Dec 19, 2008, 04:05.

News Comments > Sacred 2: Fallen Angel Content Patch
10. Re: Sacred 2: Fallen Angel Content Patch Dec 18, 2008, 09:40 Muscular Beaver

Well if you think that a game without anything to accomplish keeps people playing, then youre a special kind of guy I guess. I really wonder why the Diablo series has an awesome story then if thats so unimportant.

*shrug* guess I woke up a fanboy again.

News Comments > Sacred 2: Fallen Angel Content Patch
8. Re: Sacred 2: Fallen Angel Content Patch Dec 18, 2008, 05:26 Muscular Beaver

I played Sacred 1 for a little while, but it never showed a bit of story that was fun to complete (same with Titan Quest), so I quit it after a few hours. Thats why I think Diablo 2 is still superior. Especially in a hack n slash game its important to have a good story to keep people playing...

Does Sacred 2 have a good story this time?

News Comments > Need for Speed in Trouble?
31. Re: Need for Speed in Trouble? Dec 14, 2008, 03:27 Muscular Beaver

Nice. Maybe now this ricer hype will decline a bit and cars will look pretty again. TFATF was prolly the biggest contributer to this... trend, but NFS surely did its part.

Maybe, at some time, we will see a part like NFS1 again. That game was fantastic.

News Comments > Empire: Total War Multiplayer Plans
2. Re: Empire: Total War Multiplayer Plans Dec 13, 2008, 13:35 Muscular Beaver

Wow, thats an awesome idea and Ill gladly wait another few months for that. All I need now is Rome 2 with such a multiplayer.  

News Comments > Steam European Currency Conversion Beta
3. Re: Steam European Currency Conversion Beta Dec 12, 2008, 16:11 Muscular Beaver

Paid with PayPal anyway, so it doesnt really matter.
Once they allow wire transfers from Europe, I will be happy. Credit cards are not very common here.

This comment was edited on Dec 12, 2008, 16:13.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Patched, Scout Update Next
29. Re: TF2 Patch, Scout Next Dec 12, 2008, 15:58 Muscular Beaver

Dam you god me zere. I cen never hide enyvere. Zeres alweys som wery klever kid who unweils my tru aidentity. Bropaply has somfing to do wiz zoze stupit puperty hormons. Meks zem smell mee or somfing. Ail be schure to only talg to mature spezimän vrom nau on.

Blues, plees cen you tschange my name intu somfing difrent, now zat ai em exposet?
zenk you.

This comment was edited on Dec 12, 2008, 16:00.

26. Re: TF2 Patch, Scout Next Dec 12, 2008, 13:16 Muscular Beaver

Right, Im sorry I mixed the german (my native language) version and english version up.

Credibility gone because of that. Great reason. Looks to me like you only waited for a childish reason like that. How old are you? 12?
Thank god youre not the site owner or I might have been banned too...

This comment was edited on Dec 12, 2008, 13:17.

24. Re: TF2 Patch, Scout Next Dec 12, 2008, 09:27 Muscular Beaver

I already deinstalled it. It just wasnt any more fun after the graphics and sounds were nothing new anymore. I always laughed my ass off when some pyro tried to tell me something, but even that was old after a while. I had such a blast as engineer, spy, soldier and demo back in TFC for years, but in TF2 most of the funny things all were removed. The biggest loss are the lack of grenades IMO. But I also miss some abilities from different classes a lot. Spy is no real fun anymore at all (no tranq-gun, no feign death, no hallucination grenades, etc) even though I had the funniest moments with him on TFC.
And the achievement crap is so not my thing in a shooter... reminds me too much of consoles... and WoW... and is only hurting the balance.

I never liked clan games anyway. Tried it for a while, but it was too serious for me and bunnyhopping (which was never fixed) destroyed the balance anyway. I just loved the fun about the game and how chaotic it could get.

Only things I really like about TF2 (besides the graphics and sound) is that conc grens & bunny hopping were removed and also that the pyro and scout are more usable now (but I still miss the caltrops and fire grenades).

22. Re: TF2 Patch, Scout Next Dec 12, 2008, 05:36 Muscular Beaver

Just wanted to contribute to the posts without arguments, since the ones I posted with arguments were ignored so blatantly.
But I guess even in your language we cant understand each other, so yes, I appologize.

20. Re: TF2 Patch, Scout Next Dec 12, 2008, 05:11 Muscular Beaver

TF2 is superior to TFC in every negative way possible.

Fixed and agreed.

17. Re: TF2 Patch, Scout Next Dec 12, 2008, 04:57 Muscular Beaver

Dont get me wrong, the graphics and art design is awesome (thats what actually kept me playing so "long" and made me buy this game in the first place). But the gameplay is extremely simplified. If you dont notice that, you have never played TFC for real.
TFC wasnt one of the more complex games either. And thats why I am so staggered about making this game even more simple.

TFC = Funny because you could produce all kinds of funny situations since you had lots of options to do so.

TF2 = Funny because the visuals and audio are funny.

14. Re: TF2 Patch, Scout Next Dec 12, 2008, 04:34 Muscular Beaver

Im just saying because so many people complain about dumbed down games here and how similar PS games get to console games every day, but that magically doesnt count for TF2.

Oh well, using logic on the Internet isnt the best way to go anyway.

This comment was edited on Dec 12, 2008, 04:36.

News Comments > WoW Character Re-Customization
29. Re: WoW Character Re-Customization Dec 12, 2008, 04:05 Muscular Beaver

If I could change races and sides I'd pay for it.

My saying.
I dont see it being justified to charge for cosmetic changes. Name change, ok. But not extra money for stuff that doesnt hurt server economics or balance.
Hell, in EQ 1 & 2 its a part of the UI. You can even change your clothing color there without additional charge. And everyone knows that Sony could use money much more than Blizzard.

Tell us how you really feel.

Well, hes right. Only WoW addicts dont see the obvious...

This comment was edited on Dec 12, 2008, 04:08.

11. Re: TF2 Patch, Scout Next Dec 12, 2008, 04:02 Muscular Beaver

Is this the patch that makes this game a true successor to TFC?

Because last time I played it it was so fucking dumbed down compared to TFC, that I could only keep me playing for 20 hours or so.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 360 Cheating Fix
26. Re: Left 4 Dead 360 Cheating Fix Dec 11, 2008, 10:41 Muscular Beaver

How did I help them? I never developed a hack or something. I actually was banned from steam for using it. So I might actually helped the development of VAC..

Anyway, if youre so concerned about a hacker that used a cheat 4 years ago for like 2 weeks, you can help me by sending a gun so I can kill myself. Hows that sound?

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 360 Cheating Fix
24. Re: Left 4 Dead 360 Cheating Fix Dec 11, 2008, 04:55 Muscular Beaver

I've been playing some Source mods for some time now and have noticed there are a lot of cheaters. The funny thing though is that nobody complains about them anymore. Only when some idiot pops up who does it openly (like a speedhack or other very obvious stuff) people start to cry, but even then most of them just keep playing as if they were bots.

Do people actually ignore them now or do they think that there are no cheaters anymore?
I talked to some people and they said that there are not many cheaters anymore. Funny though, I see as many as before, they just have learned to conceal it better, of course. Since years ago I used cheats for a short time too, I know what to look for.

This comment was edited on Dec 11, 2008, 04:56.

News Comments > PCGA on DRM and Piracy
13. Re: PCGA on DRM and Piracy Dec 10, 2008, 13:55 Muscular Beaver

Would YOU listen to someone who spoke to you this way?
Not all PC devs are evil. How about being supportive of those who support PC gaming, rather than tarring everyone in the industry as some evil cackling stupid 'suit'?

I would listen to anyone who critizised my products. No matter how harsh they may come at me. Angry people most of the time have a good reason to be angry and the only way to calm them down is to objectively listen to them.

People who dont listen to harsh words are normally "blessed" with an overgron ego or are simply ignorant pricks. Or both.

1902 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 52.
< Newer [ 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo