Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1967 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ] Older >

News Comments > Savage 2 Patch Plans
3. Re: Savage 2 Patch Plans Jan 28, 2009, 10:51 Muscular Beaver

I tried it recently and could only play like 5 mins on each game because the sides were completely unbalanced because one side was always tearing apart the others sides base in no time because of uber units that only people who paid for it could play.
Dunno how those dickheads got the idea to add payable or unlockable content to a game that relies on balance. If everyone had to pay that would be good enough, but letting people play on it who cant play the game normally is completely retarded.
I liked Savage 1, but this one I uninstalled again pretty quickly.

This comment was edited on Jan 28, 2009, 11:00.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > F.E.A.R.2: Project Origin Pre-Purchase
7. Re: F.E.A.R.2: Project Origin Pre-Purchase Jan 27, 2009, 08:57 Muscular Beaver

Maybe, if they put out a patch before release. I really hated the stuttering in the demo.  

News Comments > PC Resident Evil 5 Confirmed?
47. Re: PC Resident Evil 5 Confirmed? Jan 26, 2009, 20:43 Muscular Beaver

Funny, I tried Lost Planet a few weeks back and instantly brought it back to the shop (thankfully no problem here in Germany).
I was so angry that I cant remember exactly what made me so mad about it, but I remember it was about the controls.

News Comments > On Fallout 3
6. Re: On Fallout 3 Jan 26, 2009, 20:34 Muscular Beaver

Its really funny, but since Morrowind I disliked all of their games. I really cant explain why. I am asking that myself all the time.
I think they are somewhat sterile or have a crappy story or something, but I cant really pinpoint it. Its pretty weird.

This comment was edited on Jan 26, 2009, 20:36.

News Comments > UT3 "Titan Pack" Plans
7. Re: UT3 "Titan Pack" Plans Jan 26, 2009, 20:25 Muscular Beaver

Is it worth it?
I was thinking about buying it for quite some time since I would love to play a very fast MP shooter again.

News Comments > On PC Gaming
7. Re: On PC Gaming Jan 26, 2009, 20:18 Muscular Beaver

They can keep their shitty console ports. Seriously fucking sick of all that crap.

Looks like the US PC game industry is dying since they only care for money now (consoles). But I'll gladly pay good money to the (east) european developers who are just starting to make awesome PC games because they know its the ultimate gaming platform and have fun doing their work.
Just look at CD Projekt Red, Bohemia, Crytek or Techland. Those guys make very good games and they dont complain about bad sales (except Crytek, but thats prolly because they are part of EA).

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 2 Trailer
8. Re: F.E.A.R. 2 Trailer Jan 24, 2009, 18:50 Muscular Beaver

Dont be fooled! Thats just Alma playing mindtricks on you!  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto IV Patch
28. Re: Grand Theft Auto IV Patch Jan 24, 2009, 18:48 Muscular Beaver

I recently stood before it on the shelf and wanted to try it out since there was a patch out now, but then I remembered that this Social Club crap and Windows Live shit has to be installed and the (for me aswell) important AA is nonexistant, so I just bought The Witcher EE instead.  

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Jan 24, 2009, 08:01 Muscular Beaver

I really hope they dont fuck up the balance and gameplay in NS2 as they did with all the NS1 patches.
NS1 was such an awesome game at the very beginning.
Anyway, if its good, Ill buy it.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. Movie
3. Re: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. Movie Jan 24, 2009, 06:27 Muscular Beaver

Anyone seen the "Extreme Maneuvers" Video? This game is fucking pathetic.
Seriously, I cant believe how anyone would want to play such an extremely dumbed down game. Why it got the Tom Clancy tag is beyond me.
I would have loved a semi-realistic action flight sim like Strike Commander, but this is even worse than Afterburner...

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin Demo
40. Re: F.E.A.R. 2 Demo Jan 22, 2009, 20:16 Muscular Beaver

That has to be one of the best replies I've read in here well done sir!
Right, so now we know that, we can remove the comment function on all websites and close all forums.
kthxbai.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed 2 This Year & New Ghost Recon
15. Re: Assassin's Creed 2 This Year & New Ghost Recon Jan 22, 2009, 19:56 Muscular Beaver

I dont know if GRAW was made specifically for the PC or not, but they surely felt like console games. Couldnt keep me playing.

Same to Assassin's Creed. Sure, the graphics, animations, cities were done awesome, but the game lacked a soul and good PC controls. I also didnt like the weird story. They should have simply put the whole game in the medieval age and not some memory recall bullshit. I stopped playing it after the third mission because the gameplay got extremely boring.

Yeah I really hope they learn from their failures, but honestly I doubt they will change much since those games got enough fanboys who love them without question.

This comment was edited on Jan 22, 2009, 19:58.

News Comments > The Future of Team Fortress 2
17. Re: The Future of Team Fortress 2 Jan 21, 2009, 05:12 Muscular Beaver

How about getting feign death and grenades back into play? Rolleyes  

News Comments > America's Army 3 Announced
1. Re: America's Army 3 Announced Jan 20, 2009, 10:45 Muscular Beaver

Bound by ROE?
So a typical multiplayer session will always end in who ever has the most players left that are not bored to death because no one starts to shoot?

News Comments > BioWare on PC Gaming
25. Re: BioWare on PC Gaming Jan 20, 2009, 06:20 Muscular Beaver

Someone here said a few weeks back that no console port in the last few years ever deserved the term "PC Game".
I agree 100% to that and have nothing more to say except that this "Bioware" guy talks shit.

News Comments > Valve: "Pirates Are Underserved Customers"
16. Re: Valve: Jan 18, 2009, 15:23 Muscular Beaver

Bhruic & Caveman

Its a fucking fact that there are plenty stores in every country that also sell imported games. No one has to import them by themselves. Yeah they cost about $5 more (or sometimes less than the official price on release, depending on the country) than the localized versions, but who gives a shit about $5 if he wants to play the game???
I dont fucking care what some corporate guy says, because we all know they talk shit all the time - even the ones from Valve.
He has access to sales data, but so have others who also dont have a fucking clue how to read them.

People can buy the game they want, if they want to buy it. No matter if its released 15 days later in their country. THATS a hard fucking fact.

Last time I checked, Valve wasnt a japanese company, btw.

Of course they sell more games if they release them on Steam sooner, not only because they are simply there sooner, but also because the hype is much stronger then and people dont know yet how this game is. But saying that people are copying the games out of frustration because they want to play the games sooner is simply stupid. Those people can have the game right at their doorstep on the American release date. I DO IT ALL THE TIME.

Also, you should think about it that Valve has no reliable way of checking how many of their American/Canadian or UK/Australian retail copies went to other countries.

This comment was edited on Jan 18, 2009, 15:52.

News Comments > Valve: "Pirates Are Underserved Customers"
3. Re: Valve: Jan 18, 2009, 12:49 Muscular Beaver

Lol, you know, you can can buy imported games too. In any country. So his theory is pretty stupid.

Pirates most of the time simply dont have enough money to buy 2+ games each month. Besides, I think a few already changed to the mentality to try it out first to see if its simply garbage with a huge price tag or if its actually fun. Most of them wont buy it if they like it (unless its a multiplayer title), but its the publishers/developers fault if they cant get demos out.

News Comments > SOE on Steam, SEGA on GamersGate
4. Re: Great... Jan 16, 2009, 17:24 Muscular Beaver

Sometimes I think about trying EQ2 again, but after a few secs I realize that I would always be the guy that hangs behind. So I dont try it again, even though it might have become better.
The fantasy atmosphere surely was the best Ive ever seen in an MMORPG, even right at release. The cities for example were really big and dense populated. Also the woods were actually dark. Even WoWs Duskwood looked like a fucking childrens birthday party on a bright summer day compared to EQ2 woods.

News Comments > Dead Space Postmortem
14. Re: Dead Space Postmortem Jan 15, 2009, 18:59 Muscular Beaver

Nice troll-answer.
If youre arguing that way we might aswell adapt to console controller schemes so that the programmers have even less work to do and PC games become even less PC-like...
Its also not only that problem.

This comment was edited on Jan 15, 2009, 19:03.

News Comments > Dead Space Postmortem
12. Re: Dead Space Postmortem Jan 15, 2009, 18:38 Muscular Beaver

the mouse problems are easily solved, the DRM issue is solved by buying through Steam and the game itself is pure win through and through.

How do I solve the problem for example not being able to put forward on the right mouse button or that I cant use the thumb buttons either?

This comment was edited on Jan 15, 2009, 18:58.

1967 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 52.
< Newer [ 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo