Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1911 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Counter-Strike Bans Made Permanent
10. Re: Counter-Strike Bans Made Permanent Jan 7, 2016, 03:35 Muscular Beaver

Sepharo wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 18:01:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 06:49:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 00:41:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 23:00:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 21:29:
Counterstrike is like professional cycling... I just asume everyone is cheating.
A lot are cheating. I was in Overwatch once and saw whats really happening, but I also noticed that cheaters, who try to hide it, and which are the vast majority, are not getting banned. You see that on how Overwatch works. Only if there is a more or less consensus on that the player cheated, he will be punished and you will get a message that he was. But most people only report the real obvious ones, the ragehackers and very often you dont get a message for cases where the hacker hid it well, because people just dont have the experience to see it. Thus the ones trying to hide it (but obvious to people with experience) are not getting banned!

Also CSGO being that long one of the top selling games, makes it obvious that still a lot of people are getting banned and buying a new one. And I can confirm that too. There still are a lot of ragehackers, or people who dont hide it very well.

And this here is one of those people in denial about how good people can get at CS. All those years yelling "hacker" at anyone doing decent has left you unable to distinguish reality. Hiding behind "experience" as if you're the only one able to distinguish a real hacker, your vote counts more than the others huh?

Though it must be shitty believing that everyone is subtly hacking all the time.
Oh they're just so good at hiding it!

Youre an idiot. I never said there cant be good players. Actually there are a lot of submissions where someone just is good. As I said, people just lack experience to judge whats cheating and whats not. And youre obviously one of them, and thus part of the problem since you think its not a huge problem. And no, I dont think I know it best of all. There are actually a lot of guides out there to teach people how to spot cheating. Just take a look at one and be surprised. You might turn into the person you think I am.

You said this:
I was in Overwatch once and saw whats really happening, but I also noticed that cheaters, who try to hide it, and which are the vast majority, are not getting banned.

There is no training or experience that makes you able to see subtle cheaters better than someone else to the degree to which you're describing. It's not something that can be quantified or stated authoritatively like you're trying to do. You are most likely accusing people of cheating who don't. I've seen it for 15 years now, admins and others who claim to have all this experience in detecting cheats, banning innocent people. Great aim, map awareness, perfect timing... these can all fool people into thinking that someone is wallhacking or aimbotting... they'll say it's subtle, they're toggling it, they wrote their own hack that's so good it's nearly undetectable... but the simple truth is that they're most likely not hacking, they're just good. Are there hackers like the ones you describe? Of course, but they're not common and far from "the vast majority". Basically I take issue with your certainty and the idea that out of everyone who watched and said "no hacks" somehow you're the right one by going against that. Could not those people also have the experience and finely honed hacker sniffing skills as yourself?

You assume too much. You have no clue whats going on and just because of one sentence that didnt AT ALL say what you claim youre attacking me. WTF is your problem?
I have been playing shooters for 20 years competitively. I know my way around and since I took a look at multihacks before I know EXACTLY how they work and how to spot them. Again: Read those guides, they will open your mind, but more importantly stop being so god damn presumptuous. I didnt say anything you claim, that "vast majority" was the vast majority of the cheaters! THE VAST MAJORITY OF CHEATERS ARE TRYING TO HIDE IT!!!!!!!!! GOT IT????
There are different cheaters! Do you fail at differentiation too and then blame other for seeing only black and white because you are actually only seeing black and white???
My god... seriously, get your act together, you sound like an angry 14 year old, which you surely arent.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Counter-Strike Bans Made Permanent Jan 6, 2016, 06:49 Muscular Beaver

Sepharo wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 00:41:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 23:00:
Counterstrike is like professional cycling... I just asume everyone is cheating.
A lot are cheating. I was in Overwatch once and saw whats really happening, but I also noticed that cheaters, who try to hide it, and which are the vast majority, are not getting banned. You see that on how Overwatch works. Only if there is a more or less consensus on that the player cheated, he will be punished and you will get a message that he was. But most people only report the real obvious ones, the ragehackers and very often you dont get a message for cases where the hacker hid it well, because people just dont have the experience to see it. Thus the ones trying to hide it (but obvious to people with experience) are not getting banned!

Also CSGO being that long one of the top selling games, makes it obvious that still a lot of people are getting banned and buying a new one. And I can confirm that too. There still are a lot of ragehackers, or people who dont hide it very well.

And this here is one of those people in denial about how good people can get at CS. All those years yelling "hacker" at anyone doing decent has left you unable to distinguish reality. Hiding behind "experience" as if you're the only one able to distinguish a real hacker, your vote counts more than the others huh?

Though it must be shitty believing that everyone is subtly hacking all the time.
Oh they're just so good at hiding it!

Youre an idiot. I never said there cant be good players. Actually there are a lot of submissions where someone just is good. As I said, people just lack experience to judge whats cheating and whats not. And youre obviously one of them, and thus part of the problem since you think its not a huge problem. And no, I dont think I know it best of all. There are actually a lot of guides out there to teach people how to spot cheating. Just take a look at one and be surprised. You might turn into the person you think I am.

4. Re: Counter-Strike Bans Made Permanent Jan 5, 2016, 23:00 Muscular Beaver

This comment was edited on Jan 5, 2016, 23:06.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Refunds
28. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Refunds Nov 1, 2015, 11:06 Muscular Beaver

HoSpanky wrote on Nov 1, 2015, 09:01:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 1, 2015, 05:44:
Asmodai wrote on Oct 31, 2015, 19:04:
https://youtu.be/j30PKp_Wub0?t=327

Everyone should run screaming to get their refunds...

The things he shows there have been a disease of "PC" games for a long time. Ever since console ports started. Most games are massively dumbed down nowadays and coupled with extremely shitty controls. Most people have adapted (or actually play with a controller on the PC - LOL). I refused to. Yet I still breeze through those games, because they are so dumbed down so it actually doesnt matter if you do lots of mistakes due to the horrible controls.

Did you masturbate while writing all this? Oh MAN are you proud of yourself for not "dumbing down" and using a controller!
No idea what youre on about. Feels like some idiot just yelled at me for stopping at a stop sign, since he doesnt get what that sign says. Youre probably projecting too much of your own feelings/actions on others.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Refunds
23. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Refunds Nov 1, 2015, 05:44 Muscular Beaver

Asmodai wrote on Oct 31, 2015, 19:04:
https://youtu.be/j30PKp_Wub0?t=327

Everyone should run screaming to get their refunds...

The things he shows there have been a disease of "PC" games for a long time. Ever since console ports started. Most games are massively dumbed down nowadays and coupled with extremely shitty controls. Most people have adapted (or actually play with a controller on the PC - LOL). I refused to. Yet I still breeze through those games, because they are so dumbed down so it actually doesnt matter if you do lots of mistakes due to the horrible controls.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Launches
35. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Launches Oct 24, 2015, 03:11 Muscular Beaver

Vall Forran wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 12:14:
El Pit wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 10:21:
ArenaNet: "Thank you, Guild Wars 2 veterans for your money when you bought the base game! And here is our middle finger to you! We'll give the base game FOR FREE to our new fans! And we won't even offer a rebate on the expansion to our veterans. How do you like that?"

Me: "Easy. I won't buy your expansions. How do you like that?"

Because paying $50 for a game with free content included with no sub fee -- not to mention it's been out for 3.5 years -- isn't value enough? Rolleyes

Thing is pretty much noone played it that way. Even I paid $100 additionally to the $50 the game cost, albeit I only played it like 1 year combined. Thats pretty much like a subscription game.
I know people who have spent $500 or more, who have played 3 years. Yet I dont have a problem with that. ANets approach is very good, its a good game and they deserve at least as much as a normal subscription of $15 a month would pay. Its just that your argument is irrelevant because of this fact.

News Comments > More Star Wars Battlefront Beta Servers
20. Re: More Star Wars Battlefront Beta Servers Oct 10, 2015, 15:58 Muscular Beaver

This game has such horrible controls... is this what shooters have become? Fucking cooldowns? Controls often not reacting when spawning? Those ridiculous flight controls? You have to unlock stuff first??? lol?

Nice setting, cool graphics, but thats it. That gameplay is an abomination. Its very obvious its a crappy console port.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Specs; No Microtransaction Plans
43. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Specs; No Microtransaction Plans Oct 7, 2015, 09:09 Muscular Beaver

InBlack wrote on Oct 7, 2015, 03:01:
Bard wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 16:50:
InBlack wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 09:59:
Whats up with the half a MB/s internet connection?? I don't remember the last time a game needed that much bandwidth. Mega fail netcode?

Sounds like sufficient bandwidth for decent fidelity. God knows it's been ages since a game with more than 24 players had enough bandwidth.

Except that the original Battlefront (or Basically Battlefield reskined) game which came out ten years ago supported more players than this game at release, had bigger maps, used more vehicles, etc. etc....

So yeah, Ill stand by my original assertion. Fail netcode.

Yeah well, we all know from ArmA 2 & 3 for example what happens if you try to press all that new stuff that was added to games in the last 10 years and dont improve the net code. I wish those games had 512 kbit requirement...

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns in October
21. Re: Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns in October Aug 30, 2015, 06:10 Muscular Beaver

Nah, leveling in GW2 wasnt great. It was far too quickly. I am at the point where I think that leveling that takes a long time is the best leveling, because that means the game has to deliver lots of content. Racing through levels like in GW2 is boring.
I remember playing GW2 for the first time and thought "wow what a huge world, so much to explore", especially when looking at the map. But it turned out only a small fraction of the map was actually playable and after your first level 80, you had seen almost all of it. I still could make another 80, but it became very tedious at the end.

I played it again from time to time, even got a full set of ascended gear, but its still boring. The world is very small, you can get ANYWHERE in just a matter of seconds, which makes it feel even smaller and its pure grinding for money and resources (unless you buy in game money, which will actually make you play the game even less) once you reach level 80. An expansion wont change much.

News Comments > Alien Isolation 2 Hint?
9. Re: Alien Isolation 2 Hint? Mar 11, 2015, 08:28 Muscular Beaver

DangerDog wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 14:44:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 11:57:
Let's hope they make the Alien even smarter

player controlled alien vs two or four other players.
That would be awesome!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2015, 09:18 Muscular Beaver

I think we all should have the same time! And where I live it should be like it was!  

News Comments > New Guild Wars 2 Cameras to Include First-Person
20. Re: New Guild Wars 2 Cameras to Include First-Person Feb 26, 2015, 16:57 Muscular Beaver

Fion wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 12:18:
Wow this is as much asnd more camera changes that the community has been requesting for some time. Glad to see it finally coming.

And Wtf_man, your talking about the level 80 zones collectively called Orr. You may be interested to note that the whole 'monster density problem' was toned down a little some time ago and there are half a dozen zones for level 80 in the game these days. Though if you do your personal story it'll always take you there, it's entirely optional.

When did they change that? Last time I played (I think right when the marionette event got released) it was still like 2 months after release.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
45. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 24, 2015, 08:15 Muscular Beaver

Verno wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 09:16:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 09:05:
I dont get how CS:GO stays up there that long. Im getting the feeling its because of banned hackers that are buying a new one twice a week...

It's just very popular. Low barrier of entry, lots of community additions to the game and its an FPS. Not much else to it.

So were many other FPS games. They didnt stay on top for 3 years, not even close.
The only similar inflation Ive seen in an FPS was on Americas Army. And we all know it was a cheaterfest, you couldnt find a single server without a cheater.

37. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 23, 2015, 09:05 Muscular Beaver

I dont get how CS:GO stays up there that long. Im getting the feeling its because of banned hackers that are buying a new one twice a week...  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Lost Contact Found
3. Re: Alien: Isolation Lost Contact Found Feb 10, 2015, 11:18 Muscular Beaver

I just wish they would have added all these DLCs into the main story from the start, which would have made the game even more awesome than it already is. I cant stand these standalone crap missions. I just cant find a reason to play them. Just for the challenge? Hardly.  

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 25, 2015, 21:21 Muscular Beaver

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 12:40:
JohnBirshire wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 12:09:
How frickin hard is it to make this type of game that doesn't suck?! Every other genre has games that don't suck, but this genre can't manage a single one.

The problem, in my worthless opinion, is that the genre itself sucks super-ass. Zombie games... seriously, how retarded is that? It's neither funny nor scary nor... anything. It's just outright dumb and retarded.
The only place for zombies should be in CRPGs around crypts and graveyards.

'cept for that: Fuck zombies! [or what's left of them ]

Scary is relative.
I find zombie games very scary because thanks to my parents I was allowed to watch zombie movies from the 70s with them when I was like 4. Now Zombies freak me out completely. Even in DayZ I jump out of my chair when one aggroes that I didnt see. Having zombies and a player on my ass at the same time makes it almost impossible for me to concentrate on the player.

News Comments > DayZ Early Access Sells 3M
19. Re: DayZ Early Access Sells 3M Jan 25, 2015, 01:14 Muscular Beaver

On the other hand I tried the DayZ ArmA 2 mod again and am impressed. Lots of bugs fixed, lots of new content and features added.
The general consent seems to be that DayZ mod is far better than SA. Yet I dont see that many servers anymore (unless you count Epoch, which I dislike).

Oh and H1Z1 looks far too childish to me. You constantly feel like youre in a cage, even though its a sandbox game. Guess its the horrible view distance.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
10. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 20, 2014, 11:10 Muscular Beaver

Redmask wrote on Dec 19, 2014, 22:44:
It just makes you look like some hillbilly holding up a misspelled protest sign.

So does you defending the gubment. There. I said it again and Im pretty sure you will find other things to stroke your ego to.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder)
40. Re: Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder) Dec 11, 2014, 02:53 Muscular Beaver

Overon wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 18:21:
I saw videos of dumb A.I. This harder difficulty won't make the A.I. smarter. A.I. is the one glaring area where games have not gotten better in.
Physics and effects either. Still childishly overdone.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Dec 6, 2014, 08:25 Muscular Beaver

Creston wrote on Dec 6, 2014, 00:56:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 22:57:
At least they leave their paws off the real Star Trek universe then.

The real Star Trek universe has basically been dead and buried for over a dozen years. It's somehow much better if nobody ever tries to do anything in that anymore?

At least not someone like Abrams who admitted himself that he never was into it nor understood it.

1911 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo