Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 2158 (Senior)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fortnite 50v50 Playlist Launches
16. Re: Fortnite 50v50 Playlist Launches Dec 9, 2017, 04:29 Muscular Beaver

Osc8r wrote on Dec 9, 2017, 03:33:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 9, 2017, 00:58:
Osc8r wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 15:32:
Uhhh...

Console players don't team up against PC players - if they did, console players would get absolutely wrecked even with their aim assist. There's already enough complaints about kb+ms users on console being unfair.

Cheaters were a massive problem about 2 months ago, hardly ever see one now with their introduction of Battle Eye and suing attempts.

Not sure why you guys feel the controls are sluggish on a PC, they feel perfectly fine to me. Only thing I hate is the random bloom when firing certain weapons - but they are working on that as well.

50 v 50 is a nice change of pace but they need separate buses and team colours for a start.

All in all i'm having a lot of fun. Just hope they continue with their frequent updates and introduce a new map soon.
Watch H2O Delirious play it with a console controller and get 20 kills a round, even though hes not a try hard player. I want to see you against him or better players that also use a controller. This whole game is made for console controllers, all the delays, sluggishness and inconsistencies play into the hands of console players and close the gap between m/kb and controller and beyond. You can even detect people hiding due to the aim assist.

If I was a console gamer, I would love this game. But as a PC gamer it just makes me nervous and insecure, because its so inconsistent.

Watch ninja play on a PC and get 30 kills solo in squads, then tell me which one looks like they are playing in slow motion against a bunch of 8 year olds who's only other game to their name is minecraft.

Building quickly is key to winning in this game, and controllers simply can't compete.

I don't find anything clunky about the controls or experience any delay. The only real issue is bloom / rng - which is what makes fights so inconsistent with certain weapons.

That said it's not an e-sport game by any stretch, it's more of a casual take on the BR genre and I think they're doing a pretty good job so far.

-edit- after playing 50 v 50 some more I can't say I'm a big fan. Not enough loot, endless rezzing, and it's pretty much who has the bigger deathball wins.
Ninja is full try hard. And he doesnt do so many kills as you describe consistently. And I dont know how, but Ive never seen such bad players in a game he is facing all the time. Your point is null.
You obviously dont even know the videos I am talking about. People with controller can build very quickly. Ever heard of the XBox elite controller?

I also call BS on you saying you dont have delays on simple (UI) actions, like drinking a jelly when you just picked it up or similar.
Everyone has those.

This comment was edited on Dec 9, 2017, 04:44.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Fortnite 50v50 Playlist Launches Dec 9, 2017, 00:58 Muscular Beaver

Osc8r wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 15:32:
Uhhh...

Console players don't team up against PC players - if they did, console players would get absolutely wrecked even with their aim assist. There's already enough complaints about kb+ms users on console being unfair.

Cheaters were a massive problem about 2 months ago, hardly ever see one now with their introduction of Battle Eye and suing attempts.

Not sure why you guys feel the controls are sluggish on a PC, they feel perfectly fine to me. Only thing I hate is the random bloom when firing certain weapons - but they are working on that as well.

50 v 50 is a nice change of pace but they need separate buses and team colours for a start.

All in all i'm having a lot of fun. Just hope they continue with their frequent updates and introduce a new map soon.
Watch H2O Delirious play it with a console controller and get 20 kills a round, even though hes not a try hard player. I want to see you against him or better players that also use a controller. This whole game is made for console controllers, all the delays, sluggishness and inconsistencies play into the hands of console players and close the gap between m/kb and controller and beyond. You can even detect people hiding due to the aim assist.

If I was a console gamer, I would love this game. But as a PC gamer it just makes me nervous and insecure, because its so inconsistent.

5. Re: Fortnite 50v50 Playlist Launches Dec 8, 2017, 12:41 Muscular Beaver

HoSpanky wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 11:20:
Due to popular demand, the hitching and second-long lags in PVE have been reintroduced. That super great feeling of missing headshots due to the game becoming unresponsive for quarter-second sections of time is back! Epic felt that their customers were making too many accurate shots or wall placements after "the smoothness" patch, and has brought back this unpredictable "feature". They've also added random disconnects from matches, and CTDs that haven't been around for a long time. Also, placing a trap may also place a random wall segment, often right in the path you intended to leave open!

Also, to address the annoying leeches who join matches and do nothing the entire time (but still get rewards at the end), Epic has introduced a feature called "you can't see your teammates on the map anymore". This will keep you from noticing who doesn't move for an entire match, lowering your personal frustration. Also, required objectives will occasionally not show up on the map anymore, making time-constrained matches even MORE exhilarating!

So many new fun additions!
I think the whole game is made to troll PC players. They even have to play against autoaim console/controller players.
I mean the game is really nice, but the controls are just so unbelievably sluggish, inaccurate, delayed... just weird. It just feels like a full blown console game without any effort put into the PC version.

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Desert Map Details
10. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Desert Map Details Dec 6, 2017, 23:55 Muscular Beaver

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 15:46:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 13:39:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 10:56:
Those are the first screenshots I've seen of the new map... I'll definitely be playing it to death (pun intended). Kind of sick of the Eastern European feel the existing map has.
Doesnt feel anything like eastern Europe. Have you ever been there?
Are you serious? You don't think it has a Chernobyl vibe?
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=russia+chernobyl&ia=images
Because it has a power plant on it? What?
No, they failed miserably to catch an atmosphere like that, if that even was their attempt. Its still a nice map, though.
It actually feels like the artificial and specifically built set of a tournament like that. Not even close like a real abandoned island. All the towns and other buildings look far too unrealistic for that.

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Desert Map Details
3. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Desert Map Details Dec 6, 2017, 13:39 Muscular Beaver

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 10:56:
Those are the first screenshots I've seen of the new map... I'll definitely be playing it to death (pun intended). Kind of sick of the Eastern European feel the existing map has.
Doesnt feel anything like eastern Europe. Have you ever been there?
Chernarus in ArmA 2 feels like East Europe, and even like central Europe, but the existing one feels more like a mix of many or like none, but sometimes like North America. The only thing feeling eastern European about it are the cars and the T3 helmet.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 3, 2017, 23:15 Muscular Beaver

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 3, 2017, 16:54:
There's the old CS:GO. Must have been another ban wave. Probably for PUBG also.
Well, GTA5 is banning like crazy as well. So the top 3 are most likely at the top because of the cheaters... Ok, maybe not PUBG, but who knows.

News Comments > DayZ Beta and Release Planned for 2018
19. Re: DayZ Beta and Release Planned for 2018 Dec 2, 2017, 03:52 Muscular Beaver

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 23:15:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 22:08:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 10:59:
aka_STEVE wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 10:44:
Maybe they could also team up with Star Citizen for a zombie mod in space for simultaneous release ....????
Buy a your own plot of land and help keep it zombie free.
I thought dayz was pretty much dead, like it's native inhabitants.
5 to 8k players peak every day.
http://steamcharts.com/app/578080
https://steamdb.info/app/578080/graphs/
I know, but because PUBG has over a million, doesnt mean all other games that dont are dead. DayZ has a healthy playerbase. You can call it dead once it reaches low 100s.

News Comments > DayZ Beta and Release Planned for 2018
17. Re: DayZ Beta and Release Planned for 2018 Dec 1, 2017, 22:08 Muscular Beaver

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 10:59:
aka_STEVE wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 10:44:
Maybe they could also team up with Star Citizen for a zombie mod in space for simultaneous release ....????
Buy a your own plot of land and help keep it zombie free.
I thought dayz was pretty much dead, like it's native inhabitants.
5 to 8k players peak every day.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 30, 2017, 17:31 Muscular Beaver

Im not quite sure how you can even get addicted to such things. I mean, every time I feel the urge to pay for shit like that, because a game makes me get stuck (in a grind), to force me to pay for quicker and frustration-free progression, I just think about that all that I am paying for is literally a changed value in a line of code and then I quickly calculate (and I am not that great at math) how much I would spend if I kept doing it so it actually gets me somewhere and often get into the hundreds, if not thousands of dollars.

So they design their game to get me frustrated, and then expect me to pay a premium to not be frustrated anymore, and of course who wants to be frustrated again at some point, so they force you to keep paying over and over again to not get frustrated again! Who the hell likes to be manipulated like that and supports it by paying for it?

This always makes obvious that I am getting fooled and would only hurt myself paying for stuff like that. And no, I thought like that even when I was a teenager still, because that started back in the first MMOs already, where you could buy in-game currency or items from private sellers. It was obvious back then already.

And this guy mainly paid for skins! Skins! WTF? Why? How?

News Comments > PUBG Map Reveal Next Week
2. Re: PUBG Map Reveal Next Week Nov 30, 2017, 14:28 Muscular Beaver

Desert map? The original one feels like a desert already in some parts.  

News Comments > EA Still Wants Microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront II
45. Re: EA Still Wants Microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront II Nov 29, 2017, 23:16 Muscular Beaver

So after 6 and a half years theres still not a single game from EA which caused me to install Origin?
What a shocker. I am actually thankful, that they do their best that it stays that way.

News Comments > Nioh Mouse Support This Week
17. Re: Nioh Mouse Support This Week Nov 27, 2017, 18:31 Muscular Beaver

Beamer wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 15:28:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 13:58:
Beamer wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 13:25:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 13:13:
After all these stupid artificial small delays in controls (holding a button to do something, delay when actually moving, making strafing less useful by making it slow, delays when switching weapons, etc), added to make console players look better, I am not surprised something like this is happening to games nowadays...

How does this make console players look better?
Does lesser control somehow not hold them back, too?
And, given that there is no cross-platform, where is one able to compare console vs pc players in a way that these inferior controls would make console players look better?

Sometimes I think some people have no clue what they're talking about and just want to rag on the issue they find most bothersome. At least CJ admits he just singles out Microsoft at inappropriate times to be a troll. You are being genuine in your misunderstanding of poor game design and hatred of console players.
If youre a PC gamer from the 90s or 00s on, you would know exactly what I mean.
Console gamers are not used to a mouse. You would be surprised how many even play shooters on the PC with a controller. Even many Youtubers and Streamers admit to it and explain it exactly like I do.
And of course it makes it better for them, because they have more time to react. PC players can react far quicker, but not with artificial delays. Then they are almost on the same level as console gamers.
Take Fortnite for example. Play it as someone who plays CSGO. You will instantly notice all the artificial delays, how sluggish it feels and how weird the aim is, and then check how players play it with a controller. How well they can aim (often not even aiming where mouse players would normally aim) and owning mouse players hard.

As for it being irrelevant if there is no crossplay... Do I really have to explain to you that the vast majority of PC games are console ports? Since when are they modified heavily to make them better on PC? Ever noticed the horrible controls on PC in even GTA games? Why dont they improve them? They have all the money in the world for that tiny adjustment. Because they have to be comparable, or ore people would stop buying console games, if the controls are far better on PC.

But please, keep trying to explain your inability to comprehend simple facts by blaming others...

You know that every single poster here was a PC gamer in the 90s and 00s. This place is almost exclusively men in their mid-30s and above who grew up on shareware. Playing the "if you were a blah blah blah" card is absolutely pathetic here.

Console gamers are not used to a mouse, this is true. But how having more convoluted controls on the PC makes them look better still isn't explained by you. I mean, hell, you're already assuming they're playing on the PC, I think, which would make them PC players. Console players are, you know, playing this on their console.

You've effectively described shitty ports, which everyone knows exists, yet said they exist due to "making the console player look better." Nothing you've explained comes close to pointing towards this being a deliberate decision to make console players look better.

You're desperately trying to blame console players instead of ineffective/lazy devs and a reduced incentive to polish PC ports. Seriously. Reread what you wrote and tell me how "making console players look better" explains any of it.
Nah, not pathetic, I just tried to show you how out of touch you are. I know very well that you call yourself one of us. Thats the point.

No, not to make them look better, to save money, to make them feel better. I even told you an example which you blatantly ignored.

I explained to you how PC and consoles are tied together nowadays, which automatically explains what I said. You just didnt understand it, didnt want to understand it or youre as bad at reading and comprehension as you are at noticing when someone tampers with your controls.

If you seriously think I am blaming console players, then you didnt get anything. I am blaming "PC players" like you, who accept getting dumbed down console ports and have forgotten what real PC games are and the exact lazy, manipulative and greedy developers/publishers that do crap like that. And that sure as hell isnt a new topic either. Yet here you are, acting as if I am the first person ever noticing it, just like someone who just started playing games. Ironic, isnt it?

And now proceed to save your face, ignoring and deliberately misunderstanding the topic completely to make me look bad. I am done wasting time with you.

7. Re: Nioh Mouse Support This Week Nov 27, 2017, 13:58 Muscular Beaver

Beamer wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 13:25:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 13:13:
After all these stupid artificial small delays in controls (holding a button to do something, delay when actually moving, making strafing less useful by making it slow, delays when switching weapons, etc), added to make console players look better, I am not surprised something like this is happening to games nowadays...

How does this make console players look better?
Does lesser control somehow not hold them back, too?
And, given that there is no cross-platform, where is one able to compare console vs pc players in a way that these inferior controls would make console players look better?

Sometimes I think some people have no clue what they're talking about and just want to rag on the issue they find most bothersome. At least CJ admits he just singles out Microsoft at inappropriate times to be a troll. You are being genuine in your misunderstanding of poor game design and hatred of console players.
If youre a PC gamer from the 90s or 00s on, you would know exactly what I mean.
Console gamers are not used to a mouse. You would be surprised how many even play shooters on the PC with a controller. Even many Youtubers and Streamers admit to it and explain it exactly like I do.
And of course it makes it better for them, because they have more time to react. PC players can react far quicker, but not with artificial delays. Then they are almost on the same level as console gamers.
Take Fortnite for example. Play it as someone who plays CSGO. You will instantly notice all the artificial delays, how sluggish it feels and how weird the aim is, and then check how players play it with a controller. How well they can aim (often not even aiming where mouse players would normally aim) and owning mouse players hard.

As for it being irrelevant if there is no crossplay... Do I really have to explain to you that the vast majority of PC games are console ports? Since when are they modified heavily to make them better on PC? Ever noticed the horrible controls on PC in even GTA games? Why dont they improve them? They have all the money in the world for that tiny adjustment. Because they have to be comparable, or ore people would stop buying console games, if the controls are far better on PC.

But please, keep trying to explain your inability to comprehend simple facts by blaming others...

This comment was edited on Nov 27, 2017, 14:11.

4. Re: Nioh Mouse Support This Week Nov 27, 2017, 13:13 Muscular Beaver

News Comments > Black Mesa Delayed
10. Re: Black Mesa Delayed Nov 25, 2017, 22:03 Muscular Beaver

Oh god... I played Black Mesa right when they released the first part. It was good for the time back then, but it feels ages ago. Nowadays I wouldnt want to touch it in that style. Much less pay for it (I recently learned that they made it a commercial project and had to laugh quite a bit).  

News Comments > More Boxing with Loot Boxing
13. Re: More Boxing with Loot Boxing Nov 24, 2017, 08:32 Muscular Beaver

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 24, 2017, 03:41:
DangerDog wrote on Nov 23, 2017, 15:09:
Good luck with the protest, will especially enjoy seeing how this impacts mobile gaming.

They've been around for such a long time but it took a Star Wars game to push people to the breaking point?

This year more games with lootboxes than the entire years previously combined, so yeah, this year has been QUITE different and that's why it explodes. It has nothing to do with the star wars game, it's the *mass* of lootboxes and micro-transactions everywhere that triggered it.

Its a disease on mobile games. Has been as long as I can remember.
Even very good games make you quit the game very early, because you simply cant continue without paying for them, most of the time hundreds of dollars, unless you start massive grinding, which is even worse on mobile devices than it ever was on PC (ok, some games already got their mobile system on PC, like the Wargaming games: World of Warships, World of Tanks, etc, which is pure cancer actually - no game ever drove me as mad as World of Warships).

If this is starting on PC games as well, even for paid games, then its good its faced with shit storms (even if they are overdone), before it can establish itself fully.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2017, 11:57 Muscular Beaver

Holy crap... I actually dont want to know what else they have been hiding from us about Fukushima. I feel like a Soviet citizen, when I read revelations like this. And its not the first one, nor the only topic where we get lied to.  

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 20, 2017, 10:26 Muscular Beaver

Primalchrome wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 09:39:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 19, 2017, 20:39:
Holy shit... So many cheaters now and the lag issues arent fixed either...
How is this so successful?
By 'lag' do you mean performance of your machine? It is *far* from optimized, but if you have a decent machine you should have fair performance. If you're running a lower end rig....it can be pretty rough. As for the cheaters, it's worse if you play during the 'Chinese evening'. That said....I have a few hundred hours in the game and have only ever run across a handful of actual cheaters using hacks. A lot of people howl about hax just because of situational awareness or better gunplay...
Nah, my PC is very fast. Its actual server lag, as reported thousands of times by other players as well.
I know what a human player can do and what they cant. Ive played shooters for 25 years. Also I played the alpha and beta of this game and there were no cheaters whatsoever. They only started to pop up with the public release and even then they werent nowhere close as numerous as they are now. I played for almost 200 hours before I stopped.

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2017, 10:41.

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 19, 2017, 20:39 Muscular Beaver

I recently played PUBG again after a few months of pause because of those massive lag issues.
Holy shit... So many cheaters now and the lag issues arent fixed either...
How is this so successful?
I even prefer to play Fortnite instead, even though I hate its sluggish console controls.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints
92. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints Nov 19, 2017, 06:59 Muscular Beaver

Kxmode wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 00:56:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 22:11:
And as a veteran gamer (although I think everyone here is a veteran gamer) I think games should be fun, not work

I agree with that. There's a balance to know where fun becomes work and visa versa. I will say that there are things I would love to have in a game that the work to obtain has rendered all but impossible. Case in point, a GW2 legendary. I still don't own one. However, I've never felt compelled to complain to ArenaNet about the difficulty of obtaining a precursor, nor the time associated with creating one. For those that do have one, they remain scarce, and for that reason, they have high value. If Anet were to ever make them common they would lose their value. That will happen with those unlockable heroes and skills in SWBF2 multiplayer.
And yet legendaries in GW2 are only cosmetic. Not even vaguely comparable with this.

2158 Comments. 108 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo