Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 2080 (Senior)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Quake Champions Early Access Next Week
12. Re: Quake Champions Early Access Next Week Aug 18, 2017, 06:46 Muscular Beaver

Played the beta.
Perfect game to train your reaction time.
But not much more than that. I never was much into these kind of games.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Specialization Diaries
1. Re: Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Specialization Diaries Aug 16, 2017, 11:19 Muscular Beaver

I might have actually bought it this time, but if I have to buy the last one too still... nope.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch Plans
4. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Plans Aug 9, 2017, 10:39 Muscular Beaver

I dont even know why I still bother reading their announcements...  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 8, 2017, 19:49 Muscular Beaver

loomy wrote on Aug 8, 2017, 19:13:
neonazi wannabes are just emboldened by the traitor president. normal people don't care to be around crazies who spend their free time thinking about harassing and oppressing other people. the psychos need to go back to hiding their antisocial beliefs if they want to keep their jobs. news at 11

Icewind wrote on Aug 8, 2017, 12:13:
Not so much an anti-diversity letter as it is an examination and rejection of far-left politics and a wish to reclaim liberalism by making it about reason and logic, not guilt-driven compassion.

hate to break it to you but the letter you're talking about is ALL about the author's demented emotions. he uses no reason or logic, just rationalization of the torment of his childhood. he's as irrational and out of control as the most PMSing woman I've ever seen. it would be funny if he wasn't such a disgusting excuse for a man
People like you just interpret into it what they want. He even knows that, thats why he wrote that appeasing introduction. Not even that worked, because reason and logic never works on people like you.
Its a very simple matter actually, but since its a political matter for some (IMO its actually religious, because it lacks any hard backing from science, logic or any real liberal standpoint to discriminate the majority, the people who work hard to get to their goals, to have "anti-discrimination" measures).
Its like killing your dogs, just so you can take in some cats to impress your cat loving and dog hating GF.
Its disgusting because its fascism and hypocrisy.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Boasts 20M Players
21. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Boasts 20M Players Aug 7, 2017, 08:30 Muscular Beaver

deleted  

20. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Boasts 20M Players Aug 7, 2017, 08:23 Muscular Beaver

ItBurn wrote on Aug 6, 2017, 11:10:
Here's a video of Mack, which like you guys, thinks that the game is P2W, but has no idea what he's talking about: Mack's vid

It's one of his worse videos ever. Comments are blocked.

Here's a response video which makes a detailed case on why he's factually wrong: response video
I couldnt care less about the opinion of fanboys. Of course they will defend their game, no matter what and ignore facts and make crap up.
Im too old and too experienced to fall for shit like that. Ive seen even much more obvious P2W games being defended by people like you as "not P2W", so I know how you guys tick.
Regrettably for you, I played it myself. Ive seen it. Sorry, dude.

19. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Boasts 20M Players Aug 7, 2017, 08:21 Muscular Beaver

ItBurn wrote on Aug 6, 2017, 10:58:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 6, 2017, 05:49:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 5, 2017, 17:39:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 5, 2017, 12:54:
Hornet303 wrote on Aug 5, 2017, 12:46:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 5, 2017, 11:58:
I would actually play that game, if it wasnt such a grind/p2w.

Have you done any research? How are considering it P2W? I bought the game in December 2015 and never paid a dime. The grind? If you want new operators and dont want to pay for them, the grind is real.

I've unlocked all but 1 operator by grinding. Honestly, there are operators that I've never played that I unlocked. People having new operators do not have any advantage over the people who have the stock OPs. I personally really like this model. The game gets supported by skins and season passes, but the maps and operators are obtainable for playing a game that I really enjoy. All new maps are playable by everyone.
Well you said it yourself. The operators. Thats why I used a slash.
Some are so good, they are better than the others and make you win more easily. Some are so bad that you dont even want to play them ever, but you have to sometimes if someone else takes your favorites and you only have a very limited selection anyway. So its good to have that buffer. Thats P2W, if you dont want to grind like a madman (and really get crazy in the process, because of what I said).
I actually played it on free weekends.

Siege isn't pay to win. It's just not. Is it grindy? If you want to unlock everything, absolutely, but you really don't need to.
Easy way to find out if a game is P2W or not.
You and your opponent just got the game. You have no money, your opponent has all the money he likes. He buys everything this game offers to buy. You cant buy anything. Who has an advantage?
Its simple really. The things you can buy arent only cosmetic, or are comfort options, like in games like Guild Wars 2 or CSGO. They are making you better at this game, because you buy things that are easier to play, are stronger, give you advantages, while your opponents have to unlock those things one by one for months or even years, depending on how much they play. Period.

It's true that you can buy things that affect gameplay. If this is your definition of P2W, I can't really discuss this with you, but here's where you go wrong: "you buy things that ... are stronger, give you advantages". This is false. Every operator has strengths and weaknesses. You absolutely don't need to unlock them all. I personally only use 3-4 of them in defend and attack scenarios. The starting operators are extremely solid. It's like buying heroes in mobas, you don't need them all. You need to know their strengths and weaknesses, and this comes with experience in the game, the only real thing that affects your performance.
The fact of the matter is, that especially those higher (more expensive) operators are much stronger than the ones you get for free, ESPECIALLY if youre a new player. Thats why they are played all the time, if available. Sure, pros will do the best combination of operators, which include quite a few free ones, but that doesnt mean the other ones arent better. Streamers and Youtubers have actually gotten quite some criticism when they always play these premium ones, because it makes it too easy for them, and thus boring to watch.

If you think thats not the case, then I question your ability to analyze properly.

15. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Boasts 20M Players Aug 6, 2017, 05:49 Muscular Beaver

ItBurn wrote on Aug 5, 2017, 17:39:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 5, 2017, 12:54:

Have you done any research? How are considering it P2W? I bought the game in December 2015 and never paid a dime. The grind? If you want new operators and dont want to pay for them, the grind is real.

I've unlocked all but 1 operator by grinding. Honestly, there are operators that I've never played that I unlocked. People having new operators do not have any advantage over the people who have the stock OPs. I personally really like this model. The game gets supported by skins and season passes, but the maps and operators are obtainable for playing a game that I really enjoy. All new maps are playable by everyone.
Some are so good, they are better than the others and make you win more easily. Some are so bad that you dont even want to play them ever, but you have to sometimes if someone else takes your favorites and you only have a very limited selection anyway. So its good to have that buffer. Thats P2W, if you dont want to grind like a madman (and really get crazy in the process, because of what I said).

Siege isn't pay to win. It's just not. Is it grindy? If you want to unlock everything, absolutely, but you really don't need to.
Easy way to find out if a game is P2W or not.
You and your opponent just got the game. You have no money, your opponent has all the money he likes. He buys everything this game offers to buy. You cant buy anything. Who has an advantage?
Its simple really. The things you can buy arent only cosmetic, or are comfort options, like in games like Guild Wars 2 or CSGO. They are making you better at this game, because you buy things that are easier to play, are stronger, give you advantages, while your opponents have to unlock those things one by one for months or even years, depending on how much they play. Period.

5. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Boasts 20M Players Aug 5, 2017, 12:54 Muscular Beaver

1. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Boasts 20M Players Aug 5, 2017, 11:58 Muscular Beaver

News Comments > Battlestar Galactica Deadlock This Month
11. Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock This Month Aug 3, 2017, 05:37 Muscular Beaver

Timmeh wrote on Aug 2, 2017, 17:06:
ooooooooook...

I just watched the video... honestly...

WTF are you people talking about?

Not even one single thing you people are bitching about is true of this video. The Battlestar moves like a Battlestar not a viper. there was no texture flickering. there was a couple spots where a blinking light gave than impression... but it was a BLINKINKING LIGHT not the entire video like you people are making it sound like.

Blues posters are almost always so COMPLETELY FULL OF SHIT.

just.. @#$*ing dude... *sigh*
#1 Get your eyes checked.
#2 Get glasses.
#3 Get a chill pill.
#4 Dont choke on it.
#5 Watch the trailer again (with your new glasses).
#6 Apologize or just scurry away silently.

News Comments > Battlestar Galactica Deadlock This Month
3. Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock This Month Aug 2, 2017, 13:58 Muscular Beaver

Meh. Graphics from 2005, flickering textures, Battlestars that are as agile as a Viper, jerky controls... No thanks.  

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Ban Change Plans
3. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Ban Change Plans Jul 29, 2017, 12:20 Muscular Beaver

Stream sniping is sooooo rare and so fucking hard to pull off with the delay, its really not a huge issue. Most of the time the streamers even accuse people who simply didnt snipe at all and their "loyal" viewers just jump on their train.  

News Comments > DOOM Patch; Free DLC; Price Drop; Free Weekend
18. Re: DOOM Patch; Free DLC; Price Drop; Free Weekend Jul 20, 2017, 06:58 Muscular Beaver

This game was such a disappointment.
Multiplayer aside, which sucked in any case, the single player was also meh-worthy.
The graphics were nice, but the music was boring and most of the time didnt fit to this kind of action packed gameplay, and the sounds of the weapons made you fall asleep because of how quiet they were and their sounds not having a "kick".
Levels were also streamlined with these stupid beacons that showed you the way or where to jump, climb, etc. Consolitis.

Could have been so much more with just some little tweaks.

News Comments > AMD Threadripper Pricing Unveiled
12. Re: AMD Threadripper Pricing Unveiled Jul 14, 2017, 12:54 Muscular Beaver

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 14, 2017, 10:59:
If that's your only reason not to buy Intel cpu's you really need to read up on this entire new platform for far better reasons not go intel this generation.

But basing it on TIM vs iridium solder is silly. Ryzen is simply a good CPU, but it's a total shit-show for overclocking due to the way it's built (glued together die collection, as Intel calls it ,p). They (AMD) probably didn't even have a CHOICE but to go for iridium solder in order to reach boost clocks and IPC they wanted. Even if you delid the Ryzen and apply the *BEST* possible cooling connection (liquid metal) the CPU is hugely temp limited, the difference to solder is like 2 to 3C only. Internally Probably because the interconnect gets hotter than the chips but that's my speculation

Either way, it's never as simple as "They should just do it"
There are always engineering and business reasons behind it.
"Only" reason? Theres many problems connected to it. The heat also increases power consumption and the mainboards are overheating too.
Reason enough to not buy that, and I am saying that as someone who is normally delidding every CPU anyway. But a $1000 CPU with crappy TIM? Nope.
And its not like I am going to buy an AMD instead. I will just wait one more year and hope Intel gets their shit together.

News Comments > AMD Threadripper Pricing Unveiled
9. Re: AMD Threadripper Pricing Unveiled Jul 14, 2017, 09:39 Muscular Beaver

Theo wrote on Jul 13, 2017, 16:27:
Creston wrote on Jul 13, 2017, 14:39:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 13, 2017, 13:03:
Intel is having a hissy fit.

This from a company that launched their Kaby Lake X series not with solder on the die, but with fucking thermal paste, so they could save... what, 40 cents per $1000 processor? Fuck Intel with a boiling hot glue gun.

They've been doing this for YEARS.
But not on the Enthusiast CPUs. They were always soldered. Doing it on them is new and cheap and stupid and pathetic and just unworthy. They deserve every bit of shitstorm coming at them.
I was going to buy a 8 core or 10 core SLX, but after I learned this and how hot they run, so that overclocking is virtually impossible without at least watercooling... nope.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
7. Re: New GeForce Drivers Jun 30, 2017, 15:22 Muscular Beaver

Creston wrote on Jun 30, 2017, 09:54:
PacoTaco wrote on Jun 30, 2017, 05:22:
Looks bad, pass.

I think it actually looks very cool, it's just so hyper quick that I'm going to give it a pass. I no longer have those levels of twitch reactions that I could play this.

It seems like a good, fun game, though. Not sure there'll be enough room for this alongside Overwatch, but the $30 sale price will likely help quite a bit.
You will get them back if you play it for a few days or weeks.
I am not really interested in it, since it doesnt seem like anything new.

News Comments > Bohemia Interactive Releases Free Game and Free Arma 3 DLC
7. Re: Bohemia Interactive Releases Free Game and Free Arma 3 DLC Jun 23, 2017, 13:58 Muscular Beaver

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 23, 2017, 09:48:
Operation Flashpoint was the shit back when it first came out. It was buggy as hell, but it was fun as hell (when it worked). First time a game actually made me feel like I was part of a "real", "large" combat operation.

Great campaign, with some truly innovative design.
The huge (for those times) view distance impressed me the most. I remember standing on a mountain for the first time and seeing all the villages in the distance. It was awesome and I was hooked. Still today thats is the best part of ArmA. If the day is rainy and I want to go out, I simply fire up ArmA 2 and take a stroll in Chernarus. Still beautiful.
Too bad they took this fantasy shit approach in ArmA 3. Not my kind of game.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Jun 22, 2017, 05:13 Muscular Beaver

This only targets specific types of aimbots.
These people will simply use other ones now.

News Comments > HITMAN Free Sample [Updated]
22. Re: HITMAN Episode 1 for Free Jun 21, 2017, 09:02 Muscular Beaver

Jerykk wrote on Jun 20, 2017, 23:52:
Quinn wrote on Jun 20, 2017, 14:21:
Jerykk wrote on Jun 20, 2017, 12:28:
Quinn wrote on Jun 20, 2017, 11:26:
*the suits sitting around the table*

Suit 1: Lets make it episodic. Shit seems so sell.

Suit 2: Yes! And lets remove any sense of a real story. That shit is expensive.

Suit 3: Yes! And lets show the players all the ways they can assassinate their target, so we can fill up that storyless void with useless replayability. Because achievements!

Suit 4: No idea why we'd do that but these pathetic, completionist fuckers swallow everything as long as it keeps them away from facing real life. So yes!

Suit 2: No reason to be so cynical, Laurens, but yes!

*and HITMAN 2016 was born*

Genuine question: Have you actually played HITMAN 2016? If you have, you would know that it has just as much story as Blood Money, Contracts, Silent Assassin and Agent 47. There is an overarching storyline that is conveyed through cutscenes between missions. All of the missions tie into the storyline as well.

In fact, one could argue that it has more story because they've really fleshed out the targets, NPCs and environments. There's plenty of backstory and side-story to discover in each level, which is part of the reason why the game has so much replayability.

Finally, you might be the only Hitman fan (are you actually a Hitman fan or did you only play Absolution?) that complains about replayability. Seriously, replayability is one of the pillars of the series.

In any case, it's cool of IO to do this, though the headline is misleading. They aren't giving the full Episode 1 for free, only the tutorial levels. Paris is not free.

I only played episode 1 but I have all the eps. I loved all Hitman games, except for Absolution. Hated how the disguise system did a 180 and those FUUUCKING assassination "achievements". Fuck that "these are the ways you can somehow get to kill your targets!". Lazy as fuck not to let those ways to kill be told within context -- eavesdropping etc.
Especially loved Blood Money.

HITMAN is too much like Absolution, I thought?

You really should play through all the episodes. HITMAN shares much more in common with Blood Money than Absolution.

I could explain the story in one short sentence. I dont call that a story. It doesnt even have a conclusion and you dont even know it is a story until you complete the last mission or so.

Welcome to the Hitman series..? I feel like you haven't played any of the previous games. The story has always been light, with little to no connection to the actual missions. HITMAN is no different in that regard, except now, each level has tons of mini-stories. Without a doubt, HITMAN has more writing than any of the previous games. It's just that most of the storytelling is done through the environment and NPCs, rather than cutscenes. In previous games, most of your targets were pretty shallow. They didn't have much depth in terms of personality, relationships, history, etc. In HITMAN, each target has plenty of all those things and it's only through repeated playthroughs that you can learn them all.

It's bizarre how some people believe that the previous games were story-driven. Only Absolution was story-driven and the game suffered for it. In every other game, the story has always been placed firmly in the background and served as context more than a driving force.

Previous games had a story, as small as it was. But this one is as non-existent as the Doom one (the original one). Actually even less, because sometimes you dont even know why youre there or why youre doing it.

2080 Comments. 104 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo