Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 1967 (Pro)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > No Man's Sky Foundation Update Live
19. Re: No Man's Sky Foundation Update Live Nov 28, 2016, 00:45 Muscular Beaver

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 27, 2016, 12:08:
Still trying to save face after your horrible lies?

You would have to be a fucking idiot to give these guys more money in the future. Even if they decided to implement all the features they promised over the next 2 years.

You know what they are.
Are you really surprised companies are exploiting idiots like those?
Look at several early access games. They have been in alpha for years, yet have achieved only minor stuff, are still as buggy as when they were released to the public and charge an insane price for that is offered. Yet you still see hordes of fanboys defending what they do blindly. Even simple critical questions trigger them.
I would exploit the crap out of people like those too. They dont deserve better.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dying Light Community Bounty
10. Re: Dying Light Community Bounty Nov 26, 2016, 10:44 Muscular Beaver

Loved the original game. The expansion was not that great. Too much driving around.  

News Comments > Chris Taylor Leaves Wargaming
16. Re: Chris Taylor Leaves Wargaming Nov 23, 2016, 22:41 Muscular Beaver

Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 22:40:
swaaye wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 13:15:
There are ways to make the Forged Alliance AI run just fine with even 1500 units at its disposal. Sorian AI for one, but also be sure to disable land and naval expansion bases. Those kill game performance. Each expansion base is an entire new AI that persists even if you wipe out its units.
I have been playing this game since release and still do. And no, it doesnt help much at all. The thing that really helped most is just getting a faster CPU. But it will still slow down sooner or later to a crawl with lots of AI on huge maps.

15. Re: Chris Taylor Leaves Wargaming Nov 23, 2016, 22:40 Muscular Beaver

deleted  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 23, 2016, 12:48 Muscular Beaver

jdreyer wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 12:25:
Angrius Maximis wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 10:16:
"Trumpís Immigration Crackdown Could Spark a Tech Brain Drain"
Another Blue fear mongering article.

Is he an illegal immigrant? Then he is here illegally. If not..what is the point of this article? Just because he is Hispanic he is scared all the sudden? And you people wonder why you lost the election

First, congratulations on your white penis!

Second, some of my foreign tech acquaintances who are here legally have already found themselves getting more racist comments since the election. This isn't some theoretical change. Trump's campaign rhetoric of deporting all the illegals and instituting things like Muslim bans and registries has brought the racists out of the woodwork. These people don't differentiate between types of brown people, they're all targets.

Third, hate crimes are demonstrably up since the election. That's just fact.

Given all this, why would you stay if you had skills and could work anywhere?

Sounds logical. Yet that doesnt mean they werent there before. They just werent as vocal, because of the cancer that is PC.
People need to grow a thicker hide again, that is obvious when you look at what they often call racism or hate crime.
If everyone is that touchy and it would go mainstream even more, we would go into a catastrophe with light speed. History has shown that more than enough times.

11. Re: Chris Taylor Leaves Wargaming Nov 23, 2016, 11:26 Muscular Beaver

Darks wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 10:06:
Suppa7 wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 08:54:
Darks wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 08:29:
SupCom 2 was not disastrous. Maybe to you, but there are many out there who really like the game.

It was a financial disaster for Square enix, and overall a bad sequel, it had lower average score then supcom. So the consensus is supcom 2 is worse then the first and its expansion.

Supcom 2 is not a bad game, but it is a bad supreme commander sequel. Supcom 2 comes off like it should have been its own game or a spin off, but a mainline sequel.

Right after supcom 2 chris taylors development team collapsed and was picked up by wargaming, aka square enix didn't want chris taylor to do supcom 3. That right there tells you a lot about how well supcom 2 did.

Im curious suppa, where are you getting your information? Because I have completely different info on what went down. You see, Chris happens to be a very good friend of mine. And your details are far from being correct. There were a lot of other things happening that caused SupCom 3 to not happen, it was not because they didn't want to do. That's all I'm going to say about it because its not my place to speak for Chris.
That means SupCom3 would have been a true SupCom again and they learned from the SupCom2 disaster? Did he also learn from the disastrous SupCom1 AI issue that kills even the fastest PC today?

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Content Next Week
5. Re: Guild Wars 2 Content Next Week Nov 16, 2016, 18:43 Muscular Beaver

I really dont care what the pretty polygons and textures look like. If the fight mechanic is different from the other fights, its good enough.

However, this game is really weird for me. Somehow I really like it. The graphics are awesome, the atmosphere, the seasonal events, etc. Then when I play I feel so god damn epic with all the abilities, awesome looking armor, pretty animations. But then I suddenly feel weak, because you are. Even with max equipment. You can still have issues in high level zones, because you are not that strong, roaming trash mobs are extremely annoying because they can overwhelm you and even just killing one of them takes far too long. Equipment really doesnt change that much anyway, even when going from full greens to full pink.

And then you think by changing your spec you might be better, but you wont because the spec always feels like youre missing out on awesome stuff. Youre always thinking "oh man, I just want one/two/three more points to spend". But you cant.

And then theres the content. Playing through GW2 the first time was one of the best MMO experiences I ever had (far better than WoW). The voice acting, the zones, the characters. Simply awesome. But theres not much of it. After the second level 80 you have seen it all.
Theres so much space left on the map, but there are no zones there. They should have added much more content in all these years.

Ive only come back twice to this game, and always only for a few weeks. No other MMO I know is that boring that quickly.
Yet I always feel like I really want to like it, need to like it, since it has so much potential. But then reality strikes again and I stop playing again.

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2016, 18:51.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers & Warning
10. Re: New GeForce Drivers & Warning Nov 15, 2016, 23:09 Muscular Beaver

Darks wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 22:00:
Said it before, NVidia has been fucking up a lot lately on their drivers. No idea whats going on with them. Disappointing!
They are prolly looking at Microsoft and think to themselves "if they can be that audacious and incompetent, we can too!"

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
14. Re: Sunday Metaverse Nov 14, 2016, 05:04 Muscular Beaver

Kajetan wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 04:13:
Simon Says wrote on Nov 13, 2016, 16:47:
Sure... just forget about Abby Martin who was hosting Breaking the Set on Russia Today and who condemned the Russians actions in Crimea/Ukraine. Probably one of the most critical investigative journalist left on the whole world right now. And what did she get for her "insubordination" from RT? Congratulations and the support of the Russian Gov... That's right.
And when will Putin allow critical journalism in Russia?
He does. Its just there are not many that read their western propaganda. Most are NGOs nobody cares for in Russia. The critics you mention are a very small minority. The real opposition is far far FAR worse than Putin and nationalistic. Hes also not against gay people, as the western MSM want you to believe. Read that law for yourself and think about what happened in the 90s to Russia, AKA get a clue what that law tries to fix.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend; New Content Next Week
1. Re: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend; New Content Next Week Nov 11, 2016, 07:20 Muscular Beaver

Ive only been watching this game in streams. I liked it, but not enough to buy it. But I always wondered why it has such a small player base, since its pretty much a massively improved CSGO.
After installing the free weekend version I now know why: Uplay is required.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 9, 2016, 21:53 Muscular Beaver

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 21:37:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 20:53:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 19:40:
Russian Hackers Will Try to Impact More Elections After Trump's Win.

Lovely.
Haha, yeah, since its the bad Russians who are to blame, instead of the people exposed in those hacks.
If we, as so called democratic and free countries, need god damn Russians (!!!) to get the truth to the public, the problem is our system.

Killing the messenger has become trend again lately. Also shows where were really headed.

I would response but it would be a waste of my time. Suffice to say I think you are absurd. On multiple levels. Feel free to call me a sheeple, or whatever the preferred tagline is for people who aren't moronic enough to take RT at face value.
What does that have to do with RT? Are you blaming them now for the leaks? Are you denying facts, just because they involve Russians in one way or the other? "Its all Russian, so they must be all in it"? Are you seriously dodging a discussion because you, for whatever reason, think I watch RT all day long, believe everything they say and call everyone sheeple and whatever else your messed up stereotyping holds? I think you should look in a mirror before you attack other people. But thanks for exposing your massive hypocrisy. That indeed makes a discussion completely pointless.

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 2016, 22:05.

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 9, 2016, 20:57 Muscular Beaver

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 20:50:
It's concerning when you're global allies greet an election result with shock and horror, while your global adversaries greet it with delight and congratulations to the victor.
The only problem is that youre seeing those countries as your adversaries. That is the only reason the world is in that mess right now. Russia didnt expand towards NATO/EU. Russia didnt start several wars in Africa and the Middle East.

3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 9, 2016, 20:53 Muscular Beaver

jdreyer wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 19:40:
Russian Hackers Will Try to Impact More Elections After Trump's Win.

Lovely.
Haha, yeah, since its the bad Russians who are to blame, instead of the people exposed in those hacks.
If we, as so called democratic and free countries, need god damn Russians (!!!) to get the truth to the public, the problem is our system.

Killing the messenger has become trend again lately. Also shows where were really headed.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 13:13 Muscular Beaver

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 13:09:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 12:46:
Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 12:43:
Can you abdicate your race and sex? I'm not enjoying being associated with the group (white males) who elected this... person.
That sounds more racist than anything Trump ever said.
Yes, I am a white male who is racist against white males, well done.
There never were black people who were racists against blacks?
Hmmm... I guess the moon is a square then. Always learning something new!
And sorry, I am only making fun of you now, because once I detected hypocrisy in someone, I know its useless to have a real discussion with him/her.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 12:46 Muscular Beaver

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 12:43:
Can you abdicate your race and sex? I'm not enjoying being associated with the group (white males) who elected this... person.
That sounds more racist than anything Trump ever said.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 12:18 Muscular Beaver

nin wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 11:28:
Feels like a funeral today.

Really? Feels like early Christmas here! Less wars (maybe even no new ones at all), more honest politics, Europes establishment also realizing they cant go on like that, and the most important thing: No criminal regime in the US.
Couldnt be happier right now! It means a lot for the whole world!

News Comments > Win10 Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Refund Over Player Counts?
25. Re: Win10 Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Refund Over Player Counts? Nov 8, 2016, 18:36 Muscular Beaver

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 8, 2016, 17:29:
I use Start10 to replace the default Start Menu. Microsoft desperately needs to hire some decent artists and designers, as it's pretty obvious the icons were designed by talentless managers who've never used a graphic design program before.
The design is the least problem I worry about. The whole OS is completely broken, you have to be afraid every patch that your system wont break or gets massively damaged and you always have that bad feeling in the back of your head about privacy, even if you turned everything off.

News Comments > Win10 Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Refund Over Player Counts?
14. Re: Win10 Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Refund Over Player Counts? Nov 8, 2016, 13:54 Muscular Beaver

The first and last Windows Store game I got was Gears of War 4. It came with my new graphics card. I sold it. Not going to ever buy a Windows Store game.  

News Comments > Diablo III Classic Diablo Mode & Necromancer Announced
33. Re: Diablo III Classic Diablo Mode & Necromancer Announced Nov 6, 2016, 05:13 Muscular Beaver

shiho wrote on Nov 5, 2016, 03:38:
Yifes wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 21:27:
And anyone complaining about the art direction of D3 must have forgotten just how colorful and cartoonish Diablo 2 can look.

First link is showing that Diablo2 has colors. Congratulations.
Second link shows promo art. Congratulations once again.

Meanwhile back in the real world, there was a 50000+ people petition to Blizzard to make Diablo3 look like an actual Diablo game. A similar petition was done when they tried to pull the same shit with Starcraft 2, and they listened.

With Diablo 3, they ignored the petition, and it is one of the least visually appealing games I've ever seen. It looks like a rainbow was gutted violently, its innards spilled onto a paper-mache world, and then someone generously covered it with a thick layer of piss.

And let's face it, that someone was Jay Wilson.
They actually mocked the critics with their rainbow level.

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend
14. Re: Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend Oct 29, 2016, 21:56 Muscular Beaver

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Oct 28, 2016, 10:01:
There's a lot of hate in this thread for the game, but I think the devs have done quite a good job of cleaning up the engine and load times, and the game plays as smoothly as can be now, with hardly any hackers at all. I can only remember one time ever seeing a hacker in over 4 years of playing this, actually.
How? Because they arent rage hacking?
Rage hacking always is only a tiny minority. The real hackers try to hide it well.

1967 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo