Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 2345 (Senior)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 22, 2018, 14:05 Muscular Beaver

RedEye9 wrote on May 21, 2018, 12:51:
without a dvd drive I would have had to use another computer with a dvd drive or internet access to download the drivers and copy them onto a USB drive.
I have situations like that all the time. You should have thought about it before going there. I always do a USB stick with all necessary drivers. ESPECIALLY when its a Windows 10 system.
I didnt need a DVD drive in almost 10 years. But I still have a small USB one, just in case. Has never been used except when testing if it works.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > We Happy Few Refused Classification in AU
2. Re: We Happy Few Refused Classification in AU May 22, 2018, 11:13 Muscular Beaver

Its probably because of the drug use. But the drug used is actually bad and you only have to take it when absolutely necessary and then you even feel the negative effects.
Not to mention youre actually noticing that the drug is bad and everyone who is taking it is a lunatic and wants to kill you when they notice that you dont take it.
So its a weird reasoning and begs the question if its not something else, like its criticism of our society. But then again, its not much worse than 1984. So why isnt that banned?

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 22, 2018, 02:32 Muscular Beaver

Bumpy wrote on May 22, 2018, 00:27:
For pete's sake, the game is free. Where is the money coming from? Hats?
Back in my WoW days I shook my head at people paying lots of gold for items on the auction house, that they used just for show. And now you make billions from selling crap like that for real money.
Better than P2W, I guess...

BTW, I recently saw some Guild Wars 2 statistics, which also only sells cosmetic stuff. I couldnt believe how many people spend hundreds, if not thousands of dollars for that stuff.
I thought I was bad already, putting in ~$150 (a bit more than what I would have paid for WoW in subscription fees), but I was FAR FAR below average. Lower bottom actually.

News Comments > Battlefield V Set in WW2?
12. Re: Battlefield V Set in WW2? May 21, 2018, 19:18 Muscular Beaver

1badmf wrote on May 21, 2018, 18:55:
Wallshadows wrote on May 21, 2018, 18:15:
I'm already tired of going back to WW2 and we're not even that far in to it yet.

Maybe they'll do the History Channel's The Great Martian War. Anything.

kinda what i was hoping for too - a war on the actual fields of Mars? too apropos. maybe even a slightly terraformed mars. i liked call of duty infinite warfare don't @ me bros.
If you want PvP on Mars, try Memories of Mars.

News Comments > Battlefield V Set in WW2?
9. Re: Battlefield V Set in WW2? May 21, 2018, 18:39 Muscular Beaver

theglaze wrote on May 21, 2018, 17:48:
Why can't they just make up more interesting and completely impossible wars? Disregard the limitations of "reality", and let's have some fun!

This is a god damn video game, not a history book. How about...

Antarctica vs. Australia
New Zealand vs. Argentina
Canada vs. Mexico
India vs. Mongolia
Turkey vs. Norway
USA vs. Egypt
UK vs. Brazil
I liked cold war stuff like in Operation Flashpoint or World in Conflict.
Far too few games about the cold war.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 May 20, 2018, 20:48 Muscular Beaver

GASP!
No CSGO?
What happened? Didnt they ban enough players this week?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse May 19, 2018, 09:03 Muscular Beaver

El Pit wrote on May 19, 2018, 08:16:
It is good that he is so concerned with a postal service instead of with kids being gunned down in schools. First things first, I guess - and it is AMERICA first, not AMERICANS first...
Why do you expect him to have more responsibility about that than other presidents before him?
"HAHAHAHA! Dumbass square wheel! Look at it! Its not turning properly! HAHAHAHA! FFS, TURN PROPERLY!"

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2018, 02:22 Muscular Beaver

eRe4s3r wrote on May 12, 2018, 14:54:
Future proof that Syphilis fucking sucks, we got the god awful Lost in Space, the even worse Altered Carbon from Netflix, proof that Netflix still doesn't even come close to making good sci-fi shows, and then a big empty shitty plain of crap (in the sci-fi genre)

The Expanse is literally the only good sci-fi show on right now. How this can be canceled is absolutely beyond me.
I cant believe it either. Either SyFy is notoriously incompetent making deals like that, or has no fucking clue what a good show is.
At least theres still a chance that it gets picked up by others. But many other awesome shows didnt, so you cant be sure.
If this gets canceled and Discovery keeps going, I am losing my hope in humanity.

News Comments > Fortnite 50v50 Returns
4. Re: Fortnite 50v50 Returns May 12, 2018, 00:58 Muscular Beaver

Jivaro wrote on May 11, 2018, 22:54:
Never in a million years would I have guessed that this game would be as popular as it has become. I was sure Epic was going to flop hard with this one not so long ago. Shows what I know I guess.
I tend to judge games by their quality. How few bugs, how good the controls are, how exciting the gameplay is, etc.

Most other people dont seem to do that. I know plenty of games that deserve PUBGs and Fortnites fame much more than they do.

I mean I knew PUBG would become very popular, just like Fortnite, but I still cant put it into words why. Sure, that you can build in Fortnite and the cartooney style is a factor, but I dont think thats enough. Same with PUBG. Whats so great about them that they stay that relevant? Both these games have a horrendous netcode (same engine) and PUBG makes an effort at fixing game breaking and annoying bugs/issues as if they only have a tiny indy budget and crappy developers.

Can the sale of cheats and in-game items be the only driver? I mean even CSGO had more reason gameplay-wise to stay relevant than PUBG, because its simply very well made and there havent been many bugs or issues ever, much less game breaking ones. The netcode is good and the matchmaking as well. Only cheaters are still a problem.

Fortnite has few bugs, but still the netcode just makes me wanna barf. Are people that uncritical? Because a lot of them come from consoles who are only used to crappy P2P anyway?

Hm, its not much different in GTA 5/Online. Its still very popular, yet its netcode causes loading times that rival the actual play time (I actually think at least 1/3 of my play time is waiting on a loading screen or having to restart it because the loading screen got stuck again) and its P2W system is one of the most audacious ones, even compared to mobile systems.
So why people still like it that much?

News Comments > Another Developer Banned for Fake Steam Reviews
6. Re: Another Developer Banned for Fake Steam Reviews May 11, 2018, 05:19 Muscular Beaver

Cutter wrote on May 10, 2018, 23:49:
How is a review unfair? Unfair because it's bad? Welcome to life, sport.
Some people actually lie in their reviews.

News Comments > Wal-Mart Lists Just Cause 4, Borderlands 3, Rage 2, and More
5. Re: Wal-Mart Lists Just Cause 4, Borderlands 3, Rage 2, and More May 10, 2018, 05:16 Muscular Beaver

Creston wrote on May 9, 2018, 22:25:
Just Cause 4. Hmmm... I thought Just Cause 2 was one of the most fun games of all time. 3, on the other hand, though a better game in every technical aspect, was boring as shit because every single fucking thing on the island looked and was exactly the same. As opposed to JC2, which had completely different areas and a fantastic main city etc.

I felt the same about Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 4. 4 just was too boring. I havent touched 5 yet because of that and the videos Ive seen so far look like more of the Far Cry 4 feeling.
Open world games need to be interesting and diverse, or you wont bother with side quests.
On the other hand Andromeda was very diverse, but its gameplay and story was just sleep inducing. First game of the 4 I never completed.
Oh well, but I am looking forward to the next Tombraider game. The last one was just awesome.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Launches
15. Re: Conan Exiles Launches May 8, 2018, 22:43 Muscular Beaver

SacredGinmill wrote on May 8, 2018, 19:14:
It has a single player mode where you don't need internet.

The survival aspects are a bit weak. After an hour, you will figure out how to never starve if you don't want to.
I haven't tested the temperature aspects yet.
Just like in real life. Hunger and thirst shouldnt be an issue over the long future. That makes the game boring and tedious.

Does the single player have a story, or is it just survive and explore?

News Comments > Avengers: Infinity War Fortnite Crossover Event
11. Re: Avengers: Infinity War Fortnite Crossover Event May 8, 2018, 01:44 Muscular Beaver

loomy wrote on May 7, 2018, 22:36:
Muscular Beaver wrote on May 7, 2018, 19:47:
Children today are similarly influenced by government and media as they were in the USSR or Nazi Germany. Its really sad, but it explains the developments right now.

are you sure you're okay? there are people who can help you with this

People from CNN for example?
Please, its people like you who need help.
How I know? Because I was like you once, too, and I got help.

News Comments > Avengers: Infinity War Fortnite Crossover Event
6. Re: Avengers: Infinity War Fortnite Crossover Event May 7, 2018, 19:47 Muscular Beaver

Creston wrote on May 7, 2018, 18:33:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 7, 2018, 17:21:
but Marvel has abandoned all attempts to make the movies for comic fans anyway, soo....

Old school comics fans are too old to be wooed. They no longer buy toys. This is why Star Wars is constantly heralded as "for children", since they're the ones who buy toys. (Well, their parents, but you get my drift.)

And sadly, the toy market >>>>>>>>>>>>> the comic or movie market.
Everything is heralded "for children". Games, movies, series, music, commercials, even news are targeted at naive children now.

But can you blame them? Children are easily impressed and manipulated. They see something "awesome" and then they run to their parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts to tell them what they want and it will be bought, because parents dont have time to actually spend time with their children and instead think they can compensate it by buying them the stuff they want.
Children today are similarly influenced by government and media as they were in the USSR or Nazi Germany. Its really sad, but it explains the developments right now.

News Comments > NVIDIA Cancels GeForce Partner Program
19. Re: NVIDIA Cancels GeForce Partner Program May 5, 2018, 13:51 Muscular Beaver

Slick wrote on May 5, 2018, 04:31:
I disagree with muscular about the AMD drivers. Nvid has this rep for having "perfect drivers" while AMD has "crap drivers". But in reality they're both 50/50. I can't tell you how many times I've had to roll back nVid drivers because of crashes, flickering, not all VRAM being utilized, or other weird and by any standards "totally unacceptable" shit to the nVid fanboy, but they still have this rep like they're godlike. Reminds me of how people think Valve is the best company for gaming and defend it to the death. The truth is always a bit murkier.
They are hardly perfect drivers. I know plenty things they lack and where they suck. Simplest thing would be a fucking pivot function.
But AMDs are worse, and I mentioned an example. Still lots of artifacts in less known games. Plus they really have issues far more often that Nvidias drivers have. Its not unusual that people dont use newer drivers because they dont work properly anymore, break a function, crash a game, etc. Happens with Nvidia from time to time too, but not like that.

As for technical issues with the Nvidia driver: Nothing a fresh install with DDU hasnt fixed. If you cant get your problems like that under control, its likely a hardware problem, a background program is interfering (Riva Server is often a culprit) or your Windows is shot (latter is not unlikely, because of the crappy upgrades MS does twice a year). I had that once. Sent in the card, got a new one and all worked fine.

News Comments > NVIDIA Cancels GeForce Partner Program
9. Re: NVIDIA Cancels GeForce Partner Program May 4, 2018, 23:37 Muscular Beaver

BIGtrouble77 wrote on May 4, 2018, 23:30:
I couldn't believe the apologists that came out last time I criticized this program. Nvidia is not a good steward to PC gaming.
Who is?
Pretty much every corporation is scummy in some way.
I still rather take their products than lower performing ones that produce artifacts in not so well known games.
I wish there was a good alternative. One where I dont have to pay $300 extra if I want something like GSync in my monitor.
There isnt.
Maybe Intel will be some day, but we already know their support and their drivers are even worse than that of AMD.

News Comments > Daybreak Layoffs Amid Questions About Russian Oligarch Ties
20. Re: Daybreak Layoffs Amid Questions About Russian Oligarch Ties Apr 27, 2018, 16:40 Muscular Beaver

Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 14:39:
I find it funny how the US has lied, cheated, stolen, bribed, assassinated, and generally messed with every country in the world, but when we find out someone is doing it back to us we lose our shit.

Alo cheesed that we will never see the new EQ.

Thats why the term whataboutism was invented. If youre getting caught in your hypocrisy, just cry "thats whataboutism!"

News Comments > Comments on Steam User Reviews Disabled by Default
13. Re: Comments on Steam User Reviews Disabled by Default Apr 26, 2018, 12:45 Muscular Beaver

Since so many people talk shit in their reviews, there should always be a possibility to set it straight. Just like on Amazon.

I am seeing a lot who dont care about these reviews or the replies on them anyway. So I dont know why they even bother jumping in this discussion.

News Comments > PC Building Simulator Builds Real Audience
2. Re: PC Building Simulator Builds Real Audience Apr 25, 2018, 21:36 Muscular Beaver

Maybe this game is exactly what the PC community needs. More people will learn how to build their own little PC and not having to buy that overpriced Alienware and whatnot crap.  

News Comments > PUBG Weapon Balance Plans
1. Re: PUBG Weapon Balance Plans Apr 23, 2018, 10:29 Muscular Beaver

"Were going to change a lot of stuff!"
Famous last words.

2345 Comments. 118 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo