Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 2412 (Senior)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend
2. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend Aug 17, 2018, 05:15 Muscular Beaver

I kinda liked it, but it has a steep learning curve.
But the ultimate nail in the coffin was for me the console controls. Holding down buttons for actions, not making efficient use of the keyboard, streamlined actions, that get you caught in an animation, etc.
Shit like that doesnt have any justification in an FPS that is about speed and accuracy.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds
27. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 16, 2018, 06:48 Muscular Beaver

Difficult decision who to root for in this.
A lying POS like Roberts or a lying POS like Yerli?

News Comments > Deathgarden Kicks Off Early Access with a Free Week
8. Re: Deathgarden Kicks Off Early Access with a Free Week Aug 16, 2018, 03:27 Muscular Beaver

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 15, 2018, 19:37:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 15, 2018, 16:58:
This game was bound to fail from day one. I think I havent seen a more boring and lack luster concept in years. Even the art design is atrocious. You feel like youre in Antifa training grounds...

But seeing how they treated Dead by Daylight, I am not surprised. They are not only completely incompetent about bug fixing and balancing, but they think their customers are total and utter morons. And they are. But you cant build a game like this on that. Dead by Daylight had the advantage of being something new. But this is not.
Honestly, the worst developer Ive been involved with (buying their crap) since the late 90s. Its also no surprise that their communities are the most toxic ones ever known to man.

Your post is a little ambiguous... are you saying we should get it?

j/k
People that I dont like should totally get it.

News Comments > Deathgarden Kicks Off Early Access with a Free Week
4. Re: Deathgarden Kicks Off Early Access with a Free Week Aug 15, 2018, 16:58 Muscular Beaver

This game was bound to fail from day one. I think I havent seen a more boring and lack luster concept in years. Even the art design is atrocious. You feel like youre in Antifa training grounds...

But seeing how they treated Dead by Daylight, I am not surprised. They are not only completely incompetent about bug fixing and balancing, but they think their customers are total and utter morons. And they are. But you cant build a game like this on that. Dead by Daylight had the advantage of being something new. But this is not.
Honestly, the worst developer Ive been involved with (buying their crap) since the late 90s. Its also no surprise that their communities are the most toxic ones ever known to man.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 13, 2018, 13:58 Muscular Beaver

Wow, neo-fascists having a hissy fit that they didnt get their will after all.
"I will hold my breath until you do what I want!"
Ok. Twitter will actually become much more civil when POS like those leave on their own.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
5. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Aug 13, 2018, 02:33 Muscular Beaver

YourNick wrote on Aug 12, 2018, 18:33:
Analogue keyboards look interesting, like the Wooting and Aimpad.

They have issues with some games, though. GTA 5 for example, where I thought it would be very useful. I will wait until those issues are sorted out (the game devs needs to adapt).

News Comments > Quake Champions Goes Free-to-Play
20. Re: Quake Champions Goes Free-to-Play Aug 11, 2018, 13:31 Muscular Beaver

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 13:28:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 13:19:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 13:10:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 13:02:
Simon Says wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 00:52:
Too bad I'm too old now to be competitive... I used to love dominating Q3A and UT using brains and lightning quick reflexes. Map control,
sound awareness, item spawn awareness, baiting with controlled items/map sections, optimizing roaming patterns etc.

Unless they got some bots fun going in the retail build, I think I'll pass. But HAVE FUN KIDS! This is a great game for 35s and younger.
I hope you mean too old as in not enough time.
Or are you like 70?
Should be no problem getting back into it and start owning again. Just need some training, as in playing 6h+ a day.
Poes Law right?
I don't think any amount of training can return the quick twitch (non carpal tunnel damaged) nerves and skills that we had in our 20's.

Because there is not one person in this photo of a recent tournament who is a day over 27.

Yeah right.
I am 41 myself and I can own 20 year olds, if I commit to it like a 20 year old who has a lot of time.
I tested it last year with CSGO for a few months. It all came back to me. The problem is most old people simply dont have enough time. They have a full time job, family and other responsibilities, or even hobbies.
I never believed this "youre to old for this and that", because most of the time its simply not true. If you believe it, its true, because you make yourself fail with a pessimistic view like that.
There's big money in competitive e-sports, that's why tournaments are packed with 75 yo's trying to supplement their social security. /sarc
Most 75 year olds look at you funny for even mentioning computer games.

18. Re: Quake Champions Goes Free-to-Play Aug 11, 2018, 13:19 Muscular Beaver

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 13:10:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 13:02:
Too bad I'm too old now to be competitive... I used to love dominating Q3A and UT using brains and lightning quick reflexes. Map control,
sound awareness, item spawn awareness, baiting with controlled items/map sections, optimizing roaming patterns etc.

Unless they got some bots fun going in the retail build, I think I'll pass. But HAVE FUN KIDS! This is a great game for 35s and younger.
Or are you like 70?
Should be no problem getting back into it and start owning again. Just need some training, as in playing 6h+ a day.
Poes Law right?
I don't think any amount of training can return the quick twitch (non carpal tunnel damaged) nerves and skills that we had in our 20's.

Because there is not one person in this photo of a recent tournament who is a day over 27.

Yeah right.
I am 41 myself and I can own 20 year olds, if I commit to it like a 20 year old who has a lot of time.
I tested it last year with CSGO for a few months. It all came back to me. The problem is most old people simply dont have enough time. They have a full time job, family and other responsibilities, or even hobbies.
I never believed this "youre to old for this and that", because most of the time its simply not true. If you believe it, its true, because you make yourself fail with a pessimistic view like that.

16. Re: Quake Champions Goes Free-to-Play Aug 11, 2018, 13:04 Muscular Beaver

Rhett wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 07:29:
Finally...

I recently spent a bit of time with the game, wanting to get my shooter reflexes back in order. 12 hours later, I came out of the game quite agitated with it, because it's still very buggy.

About 1 in 4 games disconnected me to the lobby without warning, mid-game. Maybe 1 in 5 games, everyone would jitter/stutter/teleport randomly (for a good portion of the game), which can absolutely ruin a fight. I had at least a few instances where the game crashed simply loading into a match, or the "Play" button didn't do anything and I had to restart.

I also play on a PCIE SSD and the game's loading screens/wait times actually got really frustrating too. Queue up -> select map -> map load screen -> play match -> another loading screen (several seconds) to see stats -> forced to wait up to 15 seconds before it auto-queues you up again! (AND you can't even back out of the auto-queue in this time! if you have to get up for a few minutes, you have to close the game basically!)

It is fun, but damn if those issues didn't ruin the game for me. I'm sure it could be fixed, but I'm surprised it's still got these issues.
I played in the beta and never had those issues. So they actually made the game worse? Why am I not surprised...

15. Re: Quake Champions Goes Free-to-Play Aug 11, 2018, 13:02 Muscular Beaver

Or are you like 70?

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Gameplay Trailer
27. Re: DOOM Eternal Gameplay Trailer Aug 11, 2018, 12:49 Muscular Beaver

Just like the last time, the weapon sounds feel like background noise. The whole sound stage is just completely overloaded. Its so bad that its actually extremely annoying this time.
No thanks.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
7. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 8, 2018, 02:00 Muscular Beaver

Creston wrote on Aug 7, 2018, 20:26:
Fuck you, EA. Fuck you with a roll of fucking barbwire.

Oh, I know you WANT it to happen. You're practically jizzing all over yourself at the thought of being able to charge people 60 bucks for a game, then after 3 months being able to say "Haha, no more! You can buy this new version where all we changed is the number, for 60 bucks!"

Furthermore, the ISPs are jizzing all over themselves at the thought of charging $50 for a 'gamer' package so they maybe WON'T throttle the living shit out of your traffic when you try to stream your game. And then the two of you are jizzing all over each other at the thought of getting kickbacks from both.

So in short, fuck you, and fuck the ISPs. And Alex Jones.

Oh, and Ajit fucking Pai.

And Trump. Can't forget Trump. Fuck him too.

Dont forget climate change.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
10. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Aug 6, 2018, 19:56 Muscular Beaver

Stormsinger wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 18:48:
Jones should be buried. I could not care less about protecting his dishonest vindictive form of speech.

Honestly, if someone smokes the prick, I'll raise a glass to 'em.
Nice. If you think like that about Alex Jones, I dont want to know what you think about people like Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton, who actually killed hundreds of thousands of people. You must hate them like they raped your daughter.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2018, 17:07 Muscular Beaver

Get a Sony or other well known brand one (slim) and buy an USB 3(.1) case for it with a single connector.
A little more expensive, but problem solved and it will be a very small device.

Reviews are faked everywhere nowadays, especially if its about Chinese products. Some even have their own "review site" and when you check them out, they only list Chinese no name crap.

News Comments > Starsiege Tribes Anniversary Plans
14. Re: Starsiege Tribes Anniversary Plans Jul 30, 2018, 12:03 Muscular Beaver

YourNick wrote on Jul 30, 2018, 00:22:
Tribes 1 had one of the best soundtracks heard in a game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz4wsCxovdE

The gameplay was fantastic. It's sort of like Teamfortress with jetpacks and skiing, understandable as the developers did play Quake 1 Teamfortress. It also had some features that Custom Team Fortress had, such as being able to choose your set of weapons and backpack and suit weight. Lots of gameplay modes, such as cap and hold, destroy the base, and of course CTF. Aircraft and ground vehicles. Excellent fusion of an indoor/outdoor engine. Lots of scripting and modding and map making opportunities.
It was actually pretty boring if played as designed.
Only when the skiing bug was discovered, it suddenly turned into the gem it is known for.
Imagine if they had fixed it...

News Comments > Starsiege Tribes Anniversary Plans
6. Re: Starsiege Tribes Anniversary Plans Jul 29, 2018, 21:26 Muscular Beaver

Still the fastest game Ive ever played. Why the sequels never reached the speed of the original I will never understand.
And I am still proud that I was one of the best players back then.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 28, 2018, 10:20 Muscular Beaver

Beamer wrote on Jul 28, 2018, 10:07:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jul 28, 2018, 06:36:
Cant wait till people like you see The Magnitsky Act.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njzZcdoLP6c

You strike me as the type of guy who feels Loose Change made a lot of sense.
I dared to check your comment for once. And boy did you just confirm why I blocked you.
Thank you!

No. I actually think Loose Change is utter BS. But I still watched it, because I analyzed those conspiracy theories for many years and never found they make any sense whatsoever.

You obviously didnt watch The Magnitsky Act, if you seriously compare Loose Change, the film of some inexperienced, biased young guy, who never did something like that and proved that he doesnt use facts or scientific methods at all, with an experienced, well known, mature, credible, documentary maker, who has often proved that he doesnt put ideology before objectivity, and is actually anti-Putin, then nothing can help you anymore.

There are hard facts in that documentary you can check for yourself and cant deny. And if you try, you look exactly like someone who believes Loose Change.
But we both know why I blocked you in the first place. Because you attack the messenger all the time, instead of having a proper discussion, and accuse them of your own hypocrisy.
I know, you will again try to bend it like you want, knowing I wont reply, because I wont read your utter crap, but I dont care, because talking to you is a total waste of time and you have just proven that again, as I said.
Good bye, this time for good.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 28, 2018, 06:36 Muscular Beaver

Cant wait till people like you see The Magnitsky Act.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njzZcdoLP6c

This comment was edited on Jul 28, 2018, 06:49.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 27, 2018, 23:24 Muscular Beaver

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jul 27, 2018, 22:45:
the world as a whole has "downvoted" facebook into the largest loss in stock market history. off to a pretty good start!
Why doesnt it happen to Twitter too? Not to mention Google.

News Comments > Aces of the Luftwaffe - Squadron Takes Off
1. Re: Aces of the Luftwaffe - Squadron Takes Off Jul 25, 2018, 20:14 Muscular Beaver

I played the hell out of those Aces games back then.
You probably wont get much audience making games like that nowadys, but I bet you would get quite a following with story driven semi-simulators like Wing Commander, Strike Commander, Wings, etc.
Too bad nobody has the balls to try it.

2412 Comments. 121 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo