Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 2452 (Senior)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > EA Exploring C&C Remasters
11. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 12, 2018, 03:41 Muscular Beaver

Klaus Flouride wrote on Oct 11, 2018, 19:15:
Loot boxes for days!
"Thank you for the new... loot boxes?"

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Interviews
10. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 11, 2018, 13:26 Muscular Beaver

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 11, 2018, 08:18:
Well, she does have a very wide smile which is somewhat reminiscent of the crazy joker smile. But I see no other similarities...
Look at her chin, her eyes, her nose. Especially on that one picture.
A perfect Joker. Its amazing.
The Joker from the Arkham series, I might add.

News Comments > For Honor Passes 15M Players; Offers New Marching Fire Trailer
6. Re: For Honor Passes 15M Players; Offers New Marching Fire Trailer Oct 11, 2018, 04:49 Muscular Beaver

Sepharo wrote on Oct 11, 2018, 04:18:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Oct 11, 2018, 01:12:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 10, 2018, 19:58:
Is this game still a racist cesspool? Haha, just kidding, that's pretty much all online multiplayer games now.
Are they? What, because 12 year olds mimic their rapper heroes and call everyone a "nigga"?

More like edgelords specifically using the word to get attention and upset people.
It's people just screaming it, not actually having a conversation.
You've played online games before right?
You do realize youre confirming me, right?

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 11, 2018, 03:09 Muscular Beaver

Holy crap, if Ive ever seen the perfect female Joker, Bachman would be it.
Edit: She even seems to be very close mentally. Wow...

This comment was edited on Oct 11, 2018, 03:34.

News Comments > For Honor Passes 15M Players; Offers New Marching Fire Trailer
4. Re: For Honor Passes 15M Players; Offers New Marching Fire Trailer Oct 11, 2018, 01:12 Muscular Beaver

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 10, 2018, 19:58:
Is this game still a racist cesspool? Haha, just kidding, that's pretty much all online multiplayer games now.
Are they? What, because 12 year olds mimic their rapper heroes and call everyone a "nigga"?

News Comments > Is Baldur's Gate 3 a Thing?
10. Re: Is Baldur's Gate 3 a Thing? Oct 5, 2018, 23:10 Muscular Beaver

Its the age of ruining IPs, so I dont have high hopes.  

News Comments > PUBG Bans a Nation's Worth of Cheaters
15. Re: PUBG Bans a Nation's Worth of Cheaters Oct 3, 2018, 14:52 Muscular Beaver

VaranDragon wrote on Oct 3, 2018, 10:41:
Yeah thanks for that vote of confidence you two. Ill have you know I've been a FPS multiplayer gamer since Doom2, and have enough gamesense that I can put aside my ego without screaming "cheater" every single time I die.

If cheaters are so prevalent, then they are so pathetic at the game that they rarely make it to the end game and don't make much of a difference anyway. (At least not as much as random RNG stuff does)
Have you ever used a multihack or similar?
I did back in the days when you needed to use them yourself, to find cheaters on your own servers.
That was like 15 years ago and back then they were extremely sophisticated already to hide your cheating very well with a lot of different settings like percentage when the aimbot should aim for the head or the torso or something else. Nowadays they are far more advanced and only if youre very experienced in recognizing cheaters, you will have a chance to realize them.

What youre talking about are rage hackers. They turn their hack to max and just let everything fly. 5 headshots a second? They dont care. But they are actually very rare.

People actually try to hide their cheats now, but youre not alone with that mentality that cheaters have become extinct or rare.
There has been a time when people seriously claimed that there are no cheaters anymore because VAC finds them all and you were laughed at when you called anyone a cheater with the same idiotic phrase you mentioned here (you lost, so that means he must have cheated)...

Just think about how criminals have adapted to safety measures in the real world. Do they still use the old methods? Maybe some stupid ones, but most have adapted and try to get around the new methods.
So why would you assume that cheaters havent?

News Comments > Windows 10 Gaming Updates
19. Re: Windows 10 Gaming Updates Oct 3, 2018, 08:39 Muscular Beaver

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 3, 2018, 02:26:
It also seems like they haven't reverted too many (privacy) settings. I only noticed one major offense: The fuckers turned 'Game Mode' back on without asking. Fuck that. Turned it off again in an instant.

After every update (not just the 6 month upgrades) I have to redo all my tweaks to the registry and Windows Explorer and change a lot of privacy settings again. It has become somewhat better over the time, but its still bad. These fucks still wake up my PC from sleep while I sleep, to do some shady crap. Not even the monitor comes on when that happens, so you know they are trying to hide it...
You have to disable that in the registry after every patch. People have criticized that since release. They dont care at all.

News Comments > Windows 10 Gaming Updates
7. Re: Windows 10 Gaming Updates Oct 2, 2018, 21:31 Muscular Beaver

And after 5 years, still no fix for UAC 2.0 devices...
It worked fine with Windows 7. WTF is going on?

Or what about the bug, that sometimes switches task with some untraceable key combinations in games? No?
Thought so...

News Comments > PUBG Bans a Nation's Worth of Cheaters
5. Re: PUBG Bans a Nation's Worth of Cheaters Oct 2, 2018, 21:26 Muscular Beaver

Can we get some politically incorrect statistics, where those cheaters come from mainly?
I would bet good money that China and Russia are on the very top.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2018, 04:49 Muscular Beaver

Sad what has become of SNL. Once the funniest stuff you could watch, now their best stuff is borderline cringe, and the worst stuff is like a Pinhead facepalm.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - HITMAN 2
12. Re: Gone Gold - HITMAN 2 Sep 29, 2018, 08:12 Muscular Beaver

If its like the last one, its a nice game to watch in lets play videos. But playing it yourself is just boring and annoying.  

News Comments > World of Warships Adding Subs, Overhauling Carriers
1. Re: World of Warships Adding Subs, Overhauling Carriers Sep 26, 2018, 06:36 Muscular Beaver

Haha, I remember, not so long ago, when they kept saying that they will never add submarines...  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 25, 2018, 07:17 Muscular Beaver

Theres so many psychopaths and con men like Fousey on Youtube and Twitch, its unbelievable. But the real tragic thing is how many fall for people like him, even admire them.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 24, 2018, 18:02 Muscular Beaver

I dont get it. These decades of globalism/neoliberalism should have warned everyone. Lower wages, cheap, low quality crap, etc, etc.
I guess all you need is your iPhone, XBox and cheap chicken dinner and all is well...
Now its actually improving and you think Trump is trying to kill you...

News Comments > On Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Prospects
30. Re: On Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Prospects Sep 23, 2018, 05:53 Muscular Beaver

NamecaF wrote on Sep 22, 2018, 22:40:
Seriously, fuck Rockstar.

The best thing you can do is pirate this shit if it ever comes out.

Dont reward these cunts with money but still get to play it. Win-win.
Nope, the best thing you can do is buy it on platforms that sell it dirt cheap. Because they actually do lose money from that. They dont if you just pirate it.

News Comments > Valve to Moderate Steam Communities
13. Re: Valve to Moderate Steam Communities Sep 20, 2018, 15:51 Muscular Beaver

Can only get better, when I see what self righteous, biased imbeciles devs often use.  

News Comments > GeForce RTX 2080 Reviews
32. Re: GeForce RTX 2080 Reviews Sep 20, 2018, 05:02 Muscular Beaver

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 19, 2018, 22:28:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 19, 2018, 18:28:
Gib007 wrote on Sep 19, 2018, 17:09:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 19, 2018, 15:54:
As a 1070 owner I will tell you that I will buy a 1080 Ti.
What a joke of a new generation. Laughable performance gain and the price increase is just lunacy.

The price increase is lunacy, I cannot disagree. However, I have a 1080 at present and looking at the 2080Ti on Shadow of the Tomb Raider at 4K, it goes from like 33 FPS to 59 FPS. That's not a joke of a gain. It literally makes for smooth gameplay at 4K, up from somewhat choppy. Overclock the 2080Ti and you probably reach 66 FPS or so. Literally 100% gain.
The average gain from a moderately overclocked 1080 Ti to an 2080 Ti is 14% in 1080p and 23% in 1440p. That will be even lower when you overclock your 1080 Ti even more.
It looks better in 4K, which is 37%, but still laughable when compared to the last generation gain, which was 58, 66 and 75% respectively, from 980 Ti to 1080 Ti.

Come on... let's use our brains a little. They went from 28nm Maxwell to 16nm Pascal because TSMC could not hack a high powered 20nm process.

The huge leap back then was an exception. Everyone knows that and it was NEVER to be expected that Pascal to Turing would even be in the same ballpark because the 12nm TSMC process is actually just an improved 16nm node (16nm+).

The performance increase in an apple to apple comparison is pretty impressive, i.e. GTX 1080 to RTX 2080 and GTX 1080Ti to RTX 2080Ti. Please stop the retarded "but if I overclock the 1080Ti" stupidity because you can overclock the RTX as well. Let's stick to apple vs. apple comparisons.

Depending on the game we are looking at substantial gains (up to 60%+) in 1440p/2160p. The average in apple to apple comparisons is about 35% to 45%. That's pretty fucking good for such a small shrink from 16nm to 12nm.
You'd have to be very uninformed to expect the same performance leaps we've seen last gen. These are very decent results we are seeing here.

It's very simple though: If you already own a GTX 1080 or 1080Ti then the only upgrade that makes any sense is a straight one to the successor. Upgrading from 1080Ti to 2080 makes no sense.

It is up to anyone to decide whether they want to pay the new gen's premium. As a 1080Ti owner I won't. Only the 2080Ti would make sense for me but fuck 1200 for a video card. Could I afford it? Yeah. Do I want to? Fuck no. Gotta have some limits and respect for da moolah. It don't grow on trees.
Well, most cards you can buy are overclocked. And if you take that overclock away, it doesnt look much better anyway, because these cards dont seem to overclock better than the last gen.
Apple to apple its 21 and 31% (1080p and 1440p). The 37% I mentioned for 4K was actually apple to apple.
And I already talked about your argument here: If that was the case, the price wouldnt have been as high as they are. But the increase is comparable to the last generation. And that is ridiculous for what they offer.
I was talking about the average of 16 recent games. Some games show MUCH worse numbers, some much better.
Lets take 1440p. Of the 16 games the worst one shows a 20% improvement (FarCry5) and the best one a 58% improvement (Senuas Sacrifice). The average is still what I said.

And yes, I use the same source as you.

These cards will have to fall very quickly to the same price their old counterparts are now to be feasible. The reaction in forums is obvious too,. I remember the last generation, people were angry about the prices too, but they tolerated it, because they were so much faster. This is not the case this time. Period!
People are much more pissed than last time.

25. Re: GeForce RTX 2080 Reviews Sep 19, 2018, 18:28 Muscular Beaver

Gib007 wrote on Sep 19, 2018, 17:09:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 19, 2018, 15:54:
What a joke of a new generation. Laughable performance gain and the price increase is just lunacy.

The price increase is lunacy, I cannot disagree. However, I have a 1080 at present and looking at the 2080Ti on Shadow of the Tomb Raider at 4K, it goes from like 33 FPS to 59 FPS. That's not a joke of a gain. It literally makes for smooth gameplay at 4K, up from somewhat choppy. Overclock the 2080Ti and you probably reach 66 FPS or so. Literally 100% gain.
The average gain from a moderately overclocked 1080 Ti to an 2080 Ti is 14% in 1080p and 23% in 1440p. That will be even lower when you overclock your 1080 Ti even more.
It looks better in 4K, which is 37%, but still laughable when compared to the last generation gain, which was 58, 66 and 75% respectively, from 980 Ti to 1080 Ti.
Back then people tolerated the massive price change, because they were simply much faster than the previous generation. But here the prices should actually be much lower than the release prices of the last gen, because the performance doesnt justify it one bit.

This comment was edited on Sep 19, 2018, 18:41.

19. Re: GeForce RTX 2080 Reviews Sep 19, 2018, 15:54 Muscular Beaver

2452 Comments. 123 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo