Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 2893 (Senior)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Lunar New Year Sale

7. Re: Steam Lunar New Year Sale Jan 23, 2020, 18:38 Muscular Beaver

Xero wrote on Jan 23, 2020, 17:49:
Damn, 17 of my wish list games are on sale but they aren't prices I want to pay, lol. Come to think about it, they look like the exact same prices not too long ago for their Christmas sale.
Really? About the same here in numbers, but the discounts are clearly not as good as on the Christmas Sale.

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Play the Half-Life Series for Free

21. Re: Play the Half-Life Series for Free Jan 22, 2020, 08:24 Muscular Beaver

bigspender wrote on Jan 21, 2020, 18:23:
Any good mods I should be trying?
They are all dead already.
Pirates, Vikings, & Knights II, Vampire Slayer, Sven Coop, Natural Selection.
Im sure I forgot a few.

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

News Comments > Epic Warns Fortnite Cheaters

15. Re: Epic Warns Fortnite Cheaters Jan 22, 2020, 07:46 Muscular Beaver

Jonjonz wrote on Jan 22, 2020, 06:34:
100% Bluster and PR Hot Air

Reads just like the PR sent out by lots of old games like Anarchy Online and Perfect World International after huge outbreaks of cheating and/or unpatched exploits became common knowledge.

They are trying to assuage their non-cheating player base into sticking around, even though in reality little if anything will be done about the cheating. Usually this is because:

* the cheaters include most of the games most profitable whales
* the cheating is so widespread, banning a third to half the player base would cripple the game
* the publisher has already stripped the developer and maintenance crew to the bare minimum and has no intention adding resources needed to fix the issue with patches.
If they would put only half as much effort into anti-cheat measures as they do on anti-piracy measures, we would have it much less frustrating in online games.

But yeah, on games like this, they wont ban whales. Because whales arent as numerous as people think. They will only ban them if it becomes public and very obvious. Ive reported numerous of cheaters in many different games, even with incriminating footage, and they were rarely banned, because often they were good money machines for them, because either they would have bought every single DLC and skin or would be a streamer.
I remember someone blatantly exploiting game bugs, destroying the whole fun for everyone in games with him (played against him several times), and the devs clearly stated in their ToS that they would ban people who exploit bugs for their own advantage, yet he never got banned because he was a streamer and had put close to a thousand dollars into that game already.
Not even hard video evidence helped.
But they did ban another, much more popular streamer once, only after it got a lot of public attention, when he showed an exploit to his audience.

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Previews

3. Re: DOOM Eternal Previews Jan 21, 2020, 11:45 Muscular Beaver

El Pit wrote on Jan 21, 2020, 11:10:
Just watched a 12 minutes gameplay video from the 2nd and 3rd level - while I like some parcours in games, this feels so strange inside a Doom game. I will wait for more gameplay videos but right now - nope. Don't feel it. Sorry.
Yep, but honestly, the last one was bad already. But what do we expect? Its a console port. They cant be fast and direct. Well they can, but its obviously too much effort for most AAA devs/publishers.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 20, 2020, 15:19 Muscular Beaver

Ozmodan wrote on Jan 20, 2020, 13:56:
Funny I was just thinking the same thing where to get a 2nd mortgage on the house to buy 3000 series video cards from Nvidia.
Better sell your kids kidneys, too. It wont be that cheap.

News Comments > Saturday Previews

4. Re: Saturday Previews Jan 19, 2020, 15:50 Muscular Beaver

Earlyworm wrote on Jan 19, 2020, 10:41:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 19, 2020, 04:36:
Its also still horribly bugged, especially in case of netcode and sound. Not to mention its blatant pay to win scheme.

It definitely has it's share of bugs, but not game breaking in my opinion. The server stability has taken a dive after the popularity surge but is stabilizing I think.

The next patch is rumored to be implementing Steam audio which would be fantastic since audio plays a major role in the game.

Of course the pay-to-win aspect has been discussed to death but I personally have experienced the game both as standard edition and EOD, I am firmly in the camp of it not being pay to win. With the abundance of loot now it is easier than ever to get rich by just doing scav runs and just buy what you want from the flea market. The benefits of the gamma container are definitely good but hardly anything that allows you to "win" (whatever that means in this game)
Getting shot in the head while the game freezes on your side for 2 seconds is pretty game breaking. Or thinking that someone is right behind you, while hes in front of you as well. Or people warping around in lag so much, that they can actually skip from one side of the door to the other without you noticing.
The gamma container can mean life or death, because you can store expensive medical stuff in there, or extra charges, bullets, not to mention keys and money you need to escape sometimes. In the smaller one you cant store enough. With the Gamma container you still have enough space to make even wipes not a total loss, because you can put dogtags in it or other small valuable loot.
Also after every server wipe you will have a huge advantage with all the other stuff.

News Comments > Saturday Previews

2. Re: Saturday Previews Jan 19, 2020, 04:36 Muscular Beaver

RaZ0r! wrote on Jan 18, 2020, 14:15:
Tarkov is to me the ultimate PC game. It's so deep and challenging, but thrilling and addictive at the same time. I hope it spawns more deep PC centric games to offset all these console ports.
Its also still horribly bugged, especially in case of netcode and sound. Not to mention its blatant pay to win scheme.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate 3 Teasing Something for Next Month

1. Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Teasing Something for Next Month Jan 17, 2020, 10:50 Muscular Beaver

I will even buy tons of merchandise if this game is good.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 16, 2020, 00:10 Muscular Beaver

Our investigation found it possible to target users who had shown an interest in keywords including "transphobic", "white supremacists" and "anti-gay".

Twitter allows ads to be directed at users who have posted about or searched for specific topics.

So if youre just doing research for whatever, youre instantly brandmarked as "transphobic", "white supremacist" and "anti-gay".
Thats great. Awesome. Love this new age of fascism. Very efficient at ensuring that social taboos are kept up and running and even science is fearful enough to not touch specific topics.

News Comments > Darwin Project Evolves Out of Early Access

4. Re: Darwin Project Evolves Out of Early Access Jan 14, 2020, 10:41 Muscular Beaver

JohnBirshire wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 10:26:
Seems like most Early Access games actually peak early and are dead by the time they are "finished".
On competitive games like this its also horrible for new players, because the game has a lot of very good players already, who have been playing for years, and then new players just quit in frustration early on.

News Comments > Morning Interviews

13. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 12, 2020, 05:42 Muscular Beaver

1badmf wrote on Jan 10, 2020, 22:06:
El Pit wrote on Jan 10, 2020, 14:23:
All I want is some more Jedi Knight or TIE Fighter - not a Souls-like brawler that mostly appeals to console fans.

and why would challenging melee combat mostly appeal to console fans? i've been a pc gamer since playing mean streets on my dad's 8088, and Jedi is imo the best star wars game ever made. the combat is a rational challenge, and the story and writing are mostly wonderful - everything i ever wanted from a game about the Jedi. if you like guns, that's fine, but a game about the Jedi is necessarily going to have lightsaber focused combat and it's frankly irrational to decry a star wars game for that.

the first few hours are necessarily underwhelming because the narrative requires it - once Cal delves into the story and the force, it becomes nothing short of amazing; particularly the kashyyyk and the dathomir levels.
Because the devs even hint at it themselves by literally begging you to use a controller for this game when you start a new game.

News Comments > Morning Interviews

11. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 10, 2020, 22:04 Muscular Beaver

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jan 10, 2020, 16:48:
Just put it on easy and it's a breeze.. spam attacks and the occasional parry and dodge.

Story and setting has been pretty good so far.

Loved the Origin Tree level.

It would still be boring as hell and feel like a 2005 console game. The maps alone feel like a typical cage-map from those times.

They should have done Republic Commando 2.
Or games like the other guys here suggest.
Instead we got EA crap. I cant even remember what the last good Star Wars game was that I played. I only know the old ones were far superior to the new ones. Even primitive rail shooters like Rebel Assault.

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Passes 10M Players

3. Re: Sea of Thieves Passes 10M Players Jan 8, 2020, 20:03 Muscular Beaver

Well, it looks fun when you see people play it in streams and Youtube. And it is fun for a few hours.  

News Comments > etc.

3. Re: etc. Jan 8, 2020, 19:28 Muscular Beaver

Earlyworm wrote on Jan 8, 2020, 17:42:
Please keep SJW out of Tarkov! The developers are Russian so they hopefully aren't going to give in to the Twitter twats.

I higly recommend this game, it's incredibly fun. I thought my FPS multiplayer days were behind me but this game is on another level.
It can be very frustrating and is a huge grind (and your progress gets deleted every few months). It also has pretty audacious pay to win versions. If you dont dish out the $110 for the "Edge of Darkness Edition", you will always be in a disadvantage to those who have bought it. The gamma container alone is a huge help.
Its not for everyone.

News Comments > etc.

2. Re: etc. Jan 8, 2020, 19:23 Muscular Beaver

Just curious: Did anyone ever whine about CSGO not having female player-characters? ArmA? TF2?
And on the other side (just to counter the dividing trolls that will most likely spew their hypocritical hate with "you hate women"), has anyone ever wanted to be a male Ripley in Alien Isolation? A male player character in Portal? Male witches in Witch it? A male Tomb Raider? A male Mirrors Edge player? A male No One Lives Forever protagonist?

Also keep in mind, these are Russian devs. They dont give a shit about western PC.

This comment was edited on Jan 8, 2020, 20:13.

News Comments > etc.

14. Re: etc. Jan 8, 2020, 04:03 Muscular Beaver

Kinda weird reading this.
I am not 50 yet, but when I play games I still feel like Im in my 20s. I doubt that will change, unless my hearing and sight fails and my reaction time goes down the drain.
And I still play them a lot. They are part of what I am and will always be. And nowadays its perfectly fine to admit that. Dumbasses who think games are for kids only are a dying breed.

News Comments > Op Ed

2. Re: Op Ed Jan 6, 2020, 12:03 Muscular Beaver

"PC gaming is dying" are the "New better battery technology discovered" news of gaming.  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation

13. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jan 5, 2020, 19:41 Muscular Beaver

This whole article doesnt make the slightest sense. As if someone written it who has no fucking clue what he is talking about.  

11. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 3, 2020, 11:27 Muscular Beaver

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 3, 2020, 10:29:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 3, 2020, 07:17:
Why compare it to Youtubes revenue? Youtube never had much revenue anyway.
Really?
Who else were they supposed to compare it to .... Sears

Twitch made $1.54 billion last year compared to YouTube’s $1.46 billion, definitely not much. Juggle Inquisitive Rolleyes Rolleyes2
Google has repeatedly stated that Youtube needs a lot of subvention due to how it finances its content creators. There were even times when they didnt make much money at all.
Can you imagine what Youtube would make if they wouldnt do that an just took all the money for themselves and if it didnt have Google behind it? Do you even know how many users Youtube has compared to Twitch?
A comparison like that makes no sense.
But keep on trolling.

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 3, 2020, 07:17 Muscular Beaver

Why compare it to Youtubes revenue? Youtube never had much revenue anyway.  

2893 Comments. 145 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >