Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 2734 (Senior)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > What Happens to Purchases if Google Kills Stadia?
36. Re: What Happens to Purchases if Google Kills Stadia? Jul 20, 2019, 19:28 Muscular Beaver

Thinks CDs are "files", that people dont have files anymore and only stream, then thinks CD players are hard to find.
What a shitty snake oil seller.

Sick of waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials Show Strong PC Performance
7. Re: Ubisoft Financials Show Strong PC Performance Jul 18, 2019, 05:29 Muscular Beaver

Ladron3dfx wrote on Jul 17, 2019, 23:10:
Whatever happened to all that UPlay hate, it all just vani..... Vanish
I havent bought a Ubisoft game yet. Well, I did recently. Via Steam. But when I started it, it said the key cant be authenticated, so I contacted their support.
They didnt reply. So I got a refund after 2 weeks of silence.
2 days after that they finally reply and say they cant see a problem...

Fuck Ubisoft. Hard.

Sick of waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

News Comments > Apex Legends Versus Cheating
3. Re: Apex Legends Versus Cheating Jul 15, 2019, 19:20 Muscular Beaver

RIP shroud.
AI is gonna think hes a cheater.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 12, 2019, 08:19 Muscular Beaver

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 12, 2019, 05:14:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jul 11, 2019, 17:33:
Intelligent words from a German politician.
Let me check... Yep a pig just flew by my window.

Maybe that's because that isn't a politician but an independent elected official.

Youre right. But lets not see it all negatively.
He was elected by politicians.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 11, 2019, 17:33 Muscular Beaver

Intelligent words from a German politician.
Let me check... Yep a pig just flew by my window.

News Comments > Amazon Making The Lord of the Rings MMOG
4. Re: Amazon Making The Lord of the Rings MMOG Jul 10, 2019, 11:18 Muscular Beaver

The Amazon Game Studios leadership team includes veteran developers who helped create of some of the world’s most popular MMO games.

If they were that popular and great, they would have named the devs and the games...

News Comments > Destiny 2 Ryzen 3700x Issues
12. Re: Destiny 2 Ryzen 3700x Issues Jul 9, 2019, 07:49 Muscular Beaver

I remember buying AMD/Ati cards a few times and having a lot of issues in less known/older games. Not to mention the issues with my AMD CPUs, which for example caused me to get stuck in some games.

It really doesnt matter to me whos at fault. The thing is that there are issues with AMD and especially with less known and old software nothing is being done about it. Thats why I never bought AMD again.
I also was pretty pissed that the AMD proponents in forums never mention those issues.

News Comments > Mike Rose Starts G2A Petition
16. Re: Mike Rose Starts G2A Petition Jul 6, 2019, 05:08 Muscular Beaver

I like that devs explain me how to hurt them most effectively.
Guess I will buy the next Wolfenstein and EA game after all.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Deadpool 3 Jul 6, 2019, 05:01 Muscular Beaver

Bill Borre wrote on Jul 5, 2019, 11:15:
The comments are claiming that is actually a scene from Deadpool 2.
In any case, I am done with it. Deadpool 1 was awesome. I havent laughed that much in a movie for a long long time.
But 2 was just a totally different movie. As if the whole production crew changed. It was just bad bad bad. Not funny at all.
Ryan Reynolds then attacking his fans sealed the deal for me. No more Deadpool.

News Comments > Hunt: Showdown Next Month
8. Re: Hunt: Showdown Next Month Jul 4, 2019, 07:51 Muscular Beaver

I always see some streamers and Youtubers trying to get (back) into it, then giving up pretty quickly because its so bad and boring.
And it really is bad. At the very beginning it felt like something new, but these devs dont really care about adding content or improving gameplay. It still feels as if its day one.

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super and RTX 2060 Super Review Roundup
45. Re: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super and RTX 2060 Super Review Roundup Jul 3, 2019, 15:56 Muscular Beaver

FloorPie wrote on Jul 2, 2019, 17:49:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jul 2, 2019, 16:00:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 2, 2019, 14:34:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 2, 2019, 10:47:
I've been holding onto my 980 Ti as my systems bottleneck for a couple years now.. Debating just doing a 2070S for now and then upgrading to the next 2180 or whatever it'll be called on release.
Sounds like a good plan. The 2070 will easily hold you over for a couple of years.
No, bad advice. Because 8 GB is already not enough and the next gen of consoles is around the corner.

Heh, not according to some hardware reviewers. The 2060 at $349 is supposedly enough for 1440p even with only 6gb of vram and 192bit bus. I mean its a fine card if you want to pay $349 for max 1080p settings for 2 years tops.

A lot of these prices ignore the custom AIB boards that have better cooling/quiet fans/ disco lights etc..

At best, these prices are what the rtx cards should have been on release. We'll see how prices flesh out in the next 3-6 months and what the Navi reviews are for AMD cards. I'm hoping prices drop but Nvidia has been arrogant asses on pricing for 5+ years now, even when they have competition. I figure on sticking with my 970 and rx 480 for awhile at this point.
Well the trolls in this thread can buy it. I dont care if they waste money.
Fact of the matter is that 8 GB was barely enough for a 1070 3 years ago. So if you buy a quicker one now, which is actually as fast as a 1080 Ti with 11 GB, then having only 8 GB screws you over royally. And saying that it will hold for at least 2 years is wishful thinking, especially with the next console gen around the corner as well.
You wont see it much in the speed (wont show in normal benchmarks either - which most reviewers do), but you will see choppy gameplay.

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super and RTX 2060 Super Review Roundup
27. Re: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super and RTX 2060 Super Review Roundup Jul 2, 2019, 16:00 Muscular Beaver

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 2, 2019, 14:34:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 2, 2019, 10:47:
I've been holding onto my 980 Ti as my systems bottleneck for a couple years now.. Debating just doing a 2070S for now and then upgrading to the next 2180 or whatever it'll be called on release.
Sounds like a good plan. The 2070 will easily hold you over for a couple of years.
No, bad advice. Because 8 GB is already not enough and the next gen of consoles is around the corner.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 1, 2019, 18:00 Muscular Beaver

Nm, mixed the devs up.  

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
38. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 27, 2019, 09:42 Muscular Beaver

75% of my wish list is games that are "coming soon" and a few EA games that are still unplayable due to bugs and lack of content.
I just bought a few games I wanted to buy ages ago, but never did because I dont have time to play them (again) anyway. Baldurs Gate 1 & 2, Icewind Dale and a few small but good ones, like Bad North.
Maybe now I will get around playing them.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
37. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 27, 2019, 09:39 Muscular Beaver

Cutter wrote on Jun 26, 2019, 10:31:
I wouldn't pick up Civ 6, it's terrible. I got it for free with my vid card which is the only reason I'm not steamed about it. If I could give it to one of you I gladly would. If you want 4X I'd suggest trying Aggressors: Ancient Rome and/or Jon Shafer's At the Gates both on sale atm. I'm going to try At the Gates myself.

Jurrassic World Evolution is on for $15, is it worth it? A lot of the neg reviews are definitely off-putting.

Other worth its?

Star Control Origins $12?
Vampyr $27?

I was hoping X4 would get below $30 but no joy, bleh.

Jurassic World Evolution is boring as hell. Once you completed the first one or two islands, which takes maybe a few hours, its just the same crap over and over again with just a few new dinosaurs.

News Comments > Diablo 4 Speculation
24. Re: Diablo 4 Speculation Jun 25, 2019, 11:57 Muscular Beaver

Xero wrote on Jun 25, 2019, 11:09:
It's weird because I feel like Diablo 3 isn't even that old when compared to waiting from Diablo 2 to 3.

Diablo is always one of those games that is crazy addicting in the beginning but once you max out a character, it's just a grind for that next shiny piece of armor or sword that ultimately means nothing. A patch later they introduce the next big fancy new shiny item and the last one is old news. It's a rinse and repeat formula but I know a lot of people love it.
Yep, same here. Its weird. But when I look at my monitor, which I bought for D3, it has a lot of clouding and other crap that shows its age. Then I remember its 7 years ago.

News Comments > Diablo 4 Speculation
18. Re: Diablo 4 Speculation Jun 25, 2019, 04:22 Muscular Beaver

I wish they would go back to the roots. Make it highly story based, scare the shit out of people, make it DARK DARK DARK, HOPELESS again.
But I guess the kids are the main target nowadays... so it will be another boring clickfest... truly hopeless.

Did anyone ever read the awesome story that came with the Diablo 1 box? I think not...

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce Driver Hotfix
7. Re: NVIDIA GeForce Driver Hotfix Jun 23, 2019, 09:34 Muscular Beaver

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 23, 2019, 05:55:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jun 23, 2019, 05:22:
There are actually quite different definitions of a hotfix around. Even developers admit that.
This bug has been around since early May. After researching a bit, I found out that people reported it very quickly and it was acknowledged by Nvidia almost instantly. You dont wait for a hotfix 6 to 7 weeks if you know the issue, with new versions in between. No matter what.

But if you want to keep the "negativity" of a pretty much unimportant topic up, attack people personally because of it, then thats on your account. Dont be surprised if youre being called a hypocrite then. Especially since you do what you accuse others of yourself and complain on a website about it that is known for its very critical or "negative" userbase. And that Nvidia drivers have become very bad lately is no secret at all and has been talked about many times here.

So taking all that into account, its rather obvious you just want to attack me because you dont like me. I am sorry, but bullying me wont get you the goal you desire.

Extreme levels of entitlement along with lack of self awareness exceeds believability.

Coming from you, that can only confirm me.
I exposed hypocrisy and you try to fight it with more hypocrisy. So be it. Dont misjudge knowledge and higher self-esteem than yours as entitlement and lack of self-awareness. You have no idea about me. If you did, you would laugh at yourself, saying such BS.
As others have already realized: Youre the local troll here and on Videosift anyway. And you dont even realize it yourself.

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce Driver Hotfix
4. Re: NVIDIA GeForce Driver Hotfix Jun 23, 2019, 05:22 Muscular Beaver

There are actually quite different definitions of a hotfix around. Even developers admit that.
This bug has been around since early May. After researching a bit, I found out that people reported it very quickly and it was acknowledged by Nvidia almost instantly. You dont wait for a hotfix 6 to 7 weeks if you know the issue, with new versions in between. No matter what.

But if you want to keep the "negativity" of a pretty much unimportant topic up, attack people personally because of it, then thats on your account. Dont be surprised if youre being called a hypocrite then. Especially since you do what you accuse others of yourself and complain on a website about it that is known for its very critical or "negative" userbase. And that Nvidia drivers have become very bad lately is no secret at all and has been talked about many times here.

So taking all that into account, its rather obvious you just want to attack me because you dont like me. I am sorry, but bullying me wont get you the goal you desire.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jun 22, 2019, 14:25 Muscular Beaver

I tried Dota Underlords yesterday for about 5 or 6 games.
Holy crap is it RNG based. I dont get how people like that kind of games.

2734 Comments. 137 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo