Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 2820 (Senior)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Multiplex

2. Re: Sunday Multiplex Nov 17, 2019, 14:16 Muscular Beaver

Flatline wrote on Nov 17, 2019, 14:01:
I... uh... Half those screenshots I could barely tell the difference between the overhaul and the original. A few I literally couldn't tell the difference.
Time for new glasses!

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse

2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Nov 17, 2019, 14:14 Muscular Beaver

I can do without psychopaths, sociopaths and narcissist showing interest for my dating profile.  

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

News Comments > Anthem Overhaul Coming?

8. Re: Anthem Overhaul Coming? Nov 16, 2019, 11:37 Muscular Beaver

Making a boring game in an overused genre and expecting it to be super successful is one thing.
But then trying to salvage it, is very... special.
But oh well, maybe it will delay them from ruining other IPs.

News Comments > New Mass Effect in Development?

8. Re: New Mass Effect in Development? Nov 16, 2019, 11:32 Muscular Beaver

NKD wrote on Nov 15, 2019, 23:31:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 15, 2019, 22:53:
Any reason for me to finish Andromeda? I think I got to the ice planet and forgot pretty much everything that happened and had to restart a year or two later.

The high point of Andromeda is the combat, which is the best it has been in the series. If you're not really enjoying just blasting the baddies, there's not a lot of reason to play.
Say what?
The combat was boring as hell. Very simple and easy. Only the technology advancement system was worse. Yeah and, well, the dialogue.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2019, 16:11 Muscular Beaver

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 14, 2019, 10:52:
That is one of the most amazing railroad models I have ever seen.
It should be after 26 years.
Dusting it off is a nightmare, though.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Update and Apology

2. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Update and Apology Nov 13, 2019, 20:59 Muscular Beaver

Sneakycamper wrote on Nov 13, 2019, 20:43:
Wow Just like GTA V : $59.99 and you get online and wow Flying horses and Aimbots Galore !!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m25jxYCHSlM Sheep too !!! Mods are ok but the Online has it already Crying For godsake please Get a Xbox one x. That is the future of Online gaming. If it is on a pc then there is a Aimbot for it .
Thats either a very sophisticated aimbot with very smooth aiming and even artificial delay to make it look very human-like, or its not an aimbot...

News Comments > Google Stadia Launch Lineup

15. Re: Google Stadia Launch Lineup Nov 12, 2019, 07:04 Muscular Beaver

Xero wrote on Nov 11, 2019, 21:46:
I don't see how they can ever get around that.
They claim they want to use AI to predict your actions and thus lower the latency.
They call it "negative lag".
I call it bull shit.

News Comments > Obsidian: Pillars of Eternity III Uncertain, Would Require Changes

11. Re: Obsidian: Pillars of Eternity III Uncertain, Would Require Changes Nov 11, 2019, 16:48 Muscular Beaver

I dont see an issue finding out what went wrong.
Go to Metacritic or Steam > bad user reviews

Several things come up again and again. Pretty straight forward.

News Comments > Op Ed

10. Re: Op Ed Nov 9, 2019, 23:45 Muscular Beaver

Well, I knew already that Ninja is an unlikable douchebag.
But theres still the question how he got where he is now. Unlikable douchebags seem to be all the rage. Always have been.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

77. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2019, 07:43 Muscular Beaver

Blue wrote on Nov 7, 2019, 02:37:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 7, 2019, 01:34:
Blizzard Adds President Xi To 'Overwatch' Roster.

As if you needed any more reason to boycott ActiBlizz.

When you have to say this, you *know* you've made the wrong choice:

Blizzard has denied that the move was made to appease China.

To be clear, that's a satirical article.
Its a whole satirical site. Quite funny too, but then I saw this. How is that satire?

News Comments > etc., etc.

9. Re: etc., etc. Nov 3, 2019, 03:20 Muscular Beaver

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 2, 2019, 12:21:
Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 2, 2019, 12:11:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 2, 2019, 11:22:
Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 2, 2019, 09:38:
Didn't they change their minds and decide to give him the cash prize? Surely that counts as a reduction of the punishment?
He is still banned for 6 months...
Dude... you said:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 2, 2019, 00:11:
... they still didnt revoke or at least massively reduce the still totally excessive punishment of the guy....
So, in reality, your complaint is they punished him at all, not that they didn't reduce the punishment after they apologized. That said, I might be willing to agree he shouldn't have been punished at all and I definitely agree Blizzard has looked bad at very step during this issue. But they did reduce the punishment... 2+2 still equals 4.
100% on fine and 50% on time is massive in my book. Dude broke the rules in their house, what are they supposed to do.
Lets ban you for 6 months for breaking house rules with a very calm, non-insulting verbal outbreak, in a similar political statement-manner against totalitarianism, for the first time and see what your reaction would be. Walmart, any Twitch channel, any game, local AA meetings, this website. Your choice. Empathy isnt your strong point, is it?

8. Re: etc., etc. Nov 3, 2019, 03:14 Muscular Beaver

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 2, 2019, 12:11:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 2, 2019, 11:22:
Didn't they change their minds and decide to give him the cash prize? Surely that counts as a reduction of the punishment?
Dude... you said:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 2, 2019, 00:11:
... they still didnt revoke or at least massively reduce the still totally excessive punishment of the guy....
So, in reality, your complaint is they punished him at all, not that they didn't reduce the punishment after they apologized. That said, I might be willing to agree he shouldn't have been punished at all and I definitely agree Blizzard has looked bad at very step during this issue. But they did reduce the punishment... 2+2 still equals 4.
I am talking about this topic because I am informed about it. That it was reduced is very old news. I knew that of course. 6 months is still a lot. And after an apology everyone expected it to be reduced further or be completely revoked. It wasnt. AKA hollow apology.

5. Re: etc., etc. Nov 2, 2019, 11:23 Muscular Beaver

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 2, 2019, 10:45:
Yep
They also decreased the length of time he was banned.

All of it was posted here, but probably hasn't been updated over on oneangrygamer and the /Reddit faux outrage thread.
No idea, but China has obviously released orders to its bots to see 6 months ban as a just punishment.

4. Re: etc., etc. Nov 2, 2019, 11:22 Muscular Beaver

1. Re: etc., etc. Nov 2, 2019, 00:11 Muscular Beaver

Thats a weird apology when they still didnt revoke or at least massively reduce the still totally excessive punishment of the guy.
AKA a fake apology.

News Comments > Epic Games Store Revamps Storefront; Adds Wishlists to Their Wishlist

7. Re: Epic Games Store Revamps Storefront; Adds Wishlists to Their Wishlist Nov 1, 2019, 03:39 Muscular Beaver

roguebanshee wrote on Oct 31, 2019, 21:23:
Naw, the Steam Library UI patch pushed them past Steam in usability.

Sometimes I really would like to know where many UI designers learned how to make a GUI. Form follows function is the first thing you learn, yet many of them seem think it needs to look "good" and the function can get fucked in a backalley in a trash dumpster.

If functions on a UI are efficient, you dont change them. You dont make it look clunky and confusing or add more mouse clicks to reach the goal, just to make it look better.

"Uhhh, but I want to add my personal touch to it" is what you hear all the time when you ask them WTF this is supposed to be...

News Comments > Rumored Diablo 4 Details

2. Re: Rumored Diablo 4 Details Oct 31, 2019, 12:45 Muscular Beaver

I remember when Blizzard made fun of people who thought Diablo 3 was too bright and colorful (I still think that) by implementing Whimsyshire and rubbing it under the noses of said critics.

Now they back down from even that? Holy hell, they really are desperate.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

13. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2019, 02:33 Muscular Beaver

Cutter wrote on Oct 28, 2019, 20:25:
The_Pink_Tiger wrote on Oct 28, 2019, 19:40:
Want me not to use your streaming service? Don't let me binge-watch.

Of course, the real reason for this move has /nothing/ to do with "people watch[ing] weekly and look[ing] forward to the next episode and talk[ing] about it". It's all about making sure customers keep paying every month. If people binge watch an entire season in a weekend, they may not show up (or pay) for the service until the new season is available. If they spread that same season out over six months, those customers have to keep paying month after month.

Look, I'll grant you that maybe I'll have a better experience if I don't watch ten episodes in a row, that spreading a series out over a month or so would be more memorable. But that should be the customers' choice, and not something pushed on them. If you try that, people will just find other ways of enjoying the media that don't have these strings attached... like your competitors or piracy.

Won't happen. People - the overwhelming majority at any rate - will simply wait until the show's season has all been released than pay for one month to binge watch.
Like the majority of people waits for all DLC to be released and then buy the game with them bundled?
lol...

News Comments > Overwatch 2 Announcement at BlizzCon?

1. Re: Overwatch 2 Announcement at BlizzCon? Oct 28, 2019, 09:43 Muscular Beaver

After their China shit their only chance is to announce Diablo 4, Overwatch 2, WoW 2 and StarCraft 3 at the same time...  

News Comments > Epic Sues Fortnite Tester over (Spoiler Alert) Spoilers

17. Re: Epic Sues Fortnite Tester over (Spoiler Alert) Spoilers Oct 28, 2019, 07:14 Muscular Beaver

Creston wrote on Oct 26, 2019, 15:14:
Multi-billion dollar company suffering 'undetermined' damages because one guy posted a fucking picture of a map.

Epic, I think you should just totally RUIN that guy. Like, just fucking bankrupt him AND his family, and make him destitute for the rest of his life. Get him evicted from his home, all his savings money taken away, all his possessions sold. Leave him with nothing but that one picture of the map he tweeted. That'll teach him!

Rolleyes

Join the RIAA while you're at it.

But but Sweeney said they wouldnt bow to China! So they must be good guys, right?

2820 Comments. 141 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >