Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Fort Collins, CO 03/24

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Beaver

Real Name Beaver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Muscular Beaver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2002, 23:21
Total Comments 2006 (Senior)
User ID 12928

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 26, 2017, 18:04 Muscular Beaver

Played the alpha and beta. These guys really do work, so you wont have to be afraid of it never getting completed. Its also a lot of fun, so much fun that I can actually laugh when someone kills me (and that is sometimes even funnier, since you can talk to your enemies via voice chat, begging for your life, taunting them, etc).
Havent bought it yet, since I am busy with something else, but I will.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Arma 3 Free and Paid DLC Plans
6. Re: Arma 3 Free and Paid DLC Plans Mar 23, 2017, 09:09 Muscular Beaver

Still less content after 4 years than ArmA 2 had after 2...  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches
36. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches Mar 21, 2017, 15:44 Muscular Beaver

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 12:26:
What is wrong with people that they have to whine about animations in a bioware game? Just so you know, I am laughing at anyone that thinks that is important.

I will bet Bioware is loving all the complaints, free advertising for a game that will probably set records.
Yeah! Its like complaining that your new Ferrari is built like a Fiat and smells like manure! How dare they!

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews
20. Re: New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews Mar 9, 2017, 14:27 Muscular Beaver

Nullity wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 13:15:
Creston wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 12:53:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 12:34:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 12:10:
$700 for a card that is still not fast enough for 4k or high quality/resolution VR...

Buy two!

They don't do SLI anymore, do they?

Yes, but only 2. Any more than that may technically work, but is no longer supported and performance scaling is basically non-existent.
What? Wasnt it like the 1060 cant do SLi, the 1070 can only do 2 and the 1080 can do 3 or 4?

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews
8. Re: New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews Mar 9, 2017, 12:10 Muscular Beaver

$700 for a card that is still not fast enough for 4k or high quality/resolution VR...  

News Comments > WoW Bans
2. Re: WoW Bans Mar 9, 2017, 12:08 Muscular Beaver

I dont give a shit anymore what Blizzard says is true.
After I got banned for "account sharing" because my IP changed a few times due to me moving and getting different ISPs because several sucked so bad that I had to change a lot, I know how accurate their methods are...

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Gameplay Video
7. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Gameplay Video Mar 8, 2017, 11:48 Muscular Beaver

Still has the biggest flaw of the last one, it seems: You feel like youre on a tiny limited map, not in the huge world of Middle Earth, and there is no big story.

Also they are really milking this universe, the orc bosses look ridiculous and the character movement like from a cheap Japanimation series. But I noticed that trend in the last movies already...

News Comments > Ion Cancelled
4. Re: Ion Cancelled Mar 8, 2017, 07:04 Muscular Beaver

NamecaF wrote on Mar 8, 2017, 03:43:
I'm sure absolutely no one is surprised. Dean Hall is nothing short of a complete and utter wanker who's 15 mins of fame was well and truly up after the DayZ mod released its first beta.
Well, hes a zombie now in DayZ StandAlone. Thats something!

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar Free Trial
10. Re: Shroud of the Avatar Free Trial Mar 4, 2017, 18:40 Muscular Beaver

Eh, dunno about gameplay, but the art direction sure looks like a 3D Ultima Online, which isnt all that bad.  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Betas Set Records
9. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Betas Set Records Mar 2, 2017, 04:57 Muscular Beaver

Tried it, only played a few hours, because it was that boring. It has nothing new and the setting is just bad. Its sterile, doesnt even make you want to explore the map.
Gameplay is meh, controls are console infested. No thanks. Next.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Feb 28, 2017, 05:03 Muscular Beaver

Cutter wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 22:49:
How about they finish or at least optimize the fucking game already. Wish I never gave those assholes dime one.
Thats seems to be standard from now on. They even are that audacious already to do it with games that are not sold as early access, like with Dead by Daylight. I swear, they are either brilliant scammers or the most incompetent devs Ive ever seen. At least I didnt buy their DLCs.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 20, 2017, 20:18 Muscular Beaver

For Honor looks fun in Youtube videos, friends playing. But I cant see how it would be much fun otherwise. A more complex Tekken? No thanks. Especially not for $60 and them forcing me to use the cancer that is Uplay.
The animations are beautiful, but the level and apparel system are just meh.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer
35. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Feb 18, 2017, 19:26 Muscular Beaver

Quinn wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 16:14:
Are these "sales bin" comments never gonna stop? I swear, I'm getting the impression not a single game is worth more than 10 bucks for these people.

Well, they are to me, but not when they are DLC infested. Thats when I wait until they are complete, which is also mostly when they drop in price.

News Comments > MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games
21. Re: MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games Feb 18, 2017, 19:15 Muscular Beaver

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 17:27:
Trump promised to Make Amerika Great Again
Well he said he doesnt care for PC. He even hates PC. So there, were fucked.

News Comments > MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games
20. Re: MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games Feb 18, 2017, 19:10 Muscular Beaver

Uhm... Windows 10 exclusive or Windows exclusive? If the former, then fuck you and die.
Really, its time for an alternative OS, I cant even put into words anymore how much I hate MS now because of their never ending audacity since Windows 8...

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Velvet Shell Details
3. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Velvet Shell Details Feb 7, 2017, 06:17 Muscular Beaver

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 21:03:
So, is this game any good, or is it a hive of scum and villainy, with a toxic community of elitist jerks?

I missed out on trying it on the free weekend.

Well the community seems to be relatively ok. You can actually use VoIP in it most of the time, because there arent that many kids flaming and screaming.

But there are quite a few cheaters here and there (more than in CSGO) and it requires a lot of practice to be at least an average player, which is a long and frustrating way with so many cheaters.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend
12. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend Feb 3, 2017, 17:21 Muscular Beaver

blah wrote on Feb 3, 2017, 00:21:
Are you saying Rainbow Six Siege is a casual garbage game? I couldn't disagree more. That game is the best out of any of the current competitive shooters and may be one of the best of all time.
Not casual at all. You need a lot of time to get to know the maps and it plays quite differently than your average shooter or even CSGO.
But one of the best competitive? Not really. Its controls are too indirect and clunky for that.
And then there is Uplay...

News Comments > Conan Exiles Early Access
31. Re: Conan Exiles Early Access Feb 1, 2017, 17:10 Muscular Beaver

Trailer looks super good, game plays like shit, lags horribly, combat is extremely clunky. But you can drag your 12" dick over your dead opponent and look at giant silicone tits.  

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Trailers
20. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Trailers Jan 27, 2017, 03:13 Muscular Beaver

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 20:35:
Has ANYONE not noticed the likeness of the Crew with the CREW from Bioware's The Old Republic Eternal Fleet campaign?

Black guy with dreads, blonde woman who is second in command, Krogan/HK-47 unit, etc.

And I hope you get to change the looks of the main characters cause the guy looks like he's been caught in headlights, and the female is always smiling (go watch the video where she disarms a guy).

I'm soooo ready for more Mass Effect, but when you have to sell your game with a trailer of two characters getting it on.....
I always mixed up Knights of the old Republic games with Mass Effect games in my memory.
They really are very similar, yes.

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
16. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Jan 26, 2017, 06:22 Muscular Beaver

Redmask wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 06:17:
It doesn't get reset every patch, you're just grasping at straws. Sorry that you can't use Google, perhaps you would be interested in a console product where you can turn off your brain and still get your fisher price enjoyment.
I have to redo it every patch. Every single one. Some other tweaks are not getting reset every patch (only at certain ones), but this one does. Even if I remove it completely, it will be in there again.

Read the several threads about this problem, which you can find with Google.

But I like how you guys defend or downplay shit like that, which would still be ridiculous if you could permanently turn it off. "Oh, but you can just manually remove it...!" You dont get it! Thats the fucking point! You have to manually turn off all that shit! I have never wasted so much time on Windows installations! Never! Even with these small programs that make it easier, youre still spending too much time on it. This OS is a disgrace.

2006 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo