Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Armengar

Real Name Armengar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Armengar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description ?!
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 12, 2002, 13:37
Total Comments 1335 (Pro)
User ID 12814

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2018, 16:25 Armengar

the correct response would be to hop around shouting 'ow, ow you just ran int0 me' whilst videoing on your phone. see how defensive she gets then.  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Sep 30, 2018, 14:54 Armengar

so musk tweets a load of rubbish, company loses a bit of share price and he gets fined 20M and loses his seat. The president tweets rubbish, countries lose gdp and he gets applauded?

funny world we live in.

News Comments > Tropico 6 Beta Access With Preorders
1. Re: Tropico 6 Beta Access With Preorders Sep 28, 2018, 02:45 Armengar

whilst im sure bob mcskinflint can register with bob1233456@hotmail.com again, it is a bit of a FU for those of us with tropico 3,4 and 5.

personally though i only bought then in a sale anyway.

News Comments > H1Z1 Becoming Z1 Battle Royale
9. Re: H1Z1 Becoming Z1 Battle Royale Sep 24, 2018, 02:06 Armengar

wait till you get small advert screens whilst waiting for the next round...  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2018, 02:03 Armengar

you need your head reading if you deliberately connect a microwave to the internet. Just look at the firewall logs for your blues sever to see the number of hack attempts per day (we run snort on pfsense at work, the traffic for known exploit attempts is frightening ).

now imagine a microwave exploit setting the microwave to cook for 4 hours when you are out or asleep. Now imagine you left something in the microwave.

News Comments > Rising Storm 2: Vietnam Multiplayer Update
1. Re: Rising Storm 2: Vietnam Multiplayer Update Sep 20, 2018, 15:52 Armengar

last time i played this it was a hackfest. far too many ESP hacks.  

News Comments > Video Games Affect Grades... A Little
5. Re: Video Games Affect Grades... A Little Sep 18, 2018, 14:55 Armengar

i imagine doing anything to excess with teduce grades. In my day it was boozing and partying.  

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Sep 17, 2018, 11:52 Armengar

i run diladele filtering in our house. works well enough for accidental google image search (enforced moderate etc). The filtering isnt so much to stop purposeful searching but accidental searching  

News Comments > Democracy 4 Announced
1. Re: Democracy 4 Announced Sep 14, 2018, 12:19 Armengar

democracy 3 was a reasonable game but you needed to mod out the peculiarities such as brain drain (when you had overwhelming tech advantage ), water shortage ( with perfect eco) etc.ill wait until a sale.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
14. Re: McQueen: Don't Watch Movies On Laptops. Sep 14, 2018, 02:06 Armengar

over the summer kids wanted to watch incredibles 2. I have a 30% discount card at the cinema (free with work phone contract). Even with the discount card (which also works of food and drink) it cost me 30 for 4 of us. Holy moses.

Film had been out about 2 weeks and the place was a ghost town, probably a dozen people.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
37. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Sep 11, 2018, 02:32 Armengar

as a sysadmin the only reason we use office is outlook. Nothing has the same integration as outlook. I would happily transition to openoffice or libreoffice.

problem is, we use sharepoint and outlook as a core business tool.

licensing is cheap compared to (as a reference) the likes of adobe or filemaker (cheaper than mssql for our web backend)

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 6, 2018, 15:20 Armengar

that lion is a bit mental. Our cat has a random number generator, if you stroke more than the random number (which may or may not be an integer) then you get bitten and scratched. If you are doing a tummy rub then expect full rear claws, front claws and teeth.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 5, 2018, 12:50 Armengar

the netflix thing is weird for me. on my (quite budget) package netflix ISNT taken out of my monthly data caps. I can sit on netflix all day if i like.  

News Comments > SCUM Removes Scummy Tattoos
28. Re: SCUM Removes Scummy Tattoos Sep 1, 2018, 21:21 Armengar

quinn, that wouldnt happen in france or Germany. i think the swiss have similar laws too. Wolfenstein had a censored version, there was a court case to allow a version of wolfenstein to be classed as a different kind of art - an exemption was applied I believe.  

News Comments > SCUM Removes Scummy Tattoos
12. Re: SCUM Removes Scummy Tattoos Sep 1, 2018, 05:55 Armengar

its not so much lawsuits but downright illegal to depict nazi glorification or symbolism in some european countries. This isnt just games but posters, clothing and even genuine wartime historical memorabilia. This might jot juat be because it is in a game but because they want to sell in european markets.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Aug 27, 2018, 04:26 Armengar

for vpn ive always used sstp. RRAS is easy to setup, it works with all out windows machines out of the box. even our android phones can use "vpn client" (android stock vpn client is nasty anyway). the downside is you need a windows server on your webhost (an extra 1.50 per month for me)  

News Comments > Fatal Shooting at Game Tournament [Updated]
47. Re: Fatal Shooting at Game Tournament [Updated] Aug 27, 2018, 03:06 Armengar

• what is this about not being able to buy or carry a knife in the uk? it has never been legal to carry a knife (exemption for non locking small swiss army type or leatherman tool type). As not selling kitchen knifes, i bought a very large carving knife (a kitchen devil) last week in sainsburys. It is very sharp and very pointy, it was used to carve the sunday roast yesterday.

I also own a shotgun, im part of a local shooting club. The kids have their own compound bow too. Im not sure ypu could gwt away with walking down the street with either before plod become very interested in you!

Knife crime is non existant in the 100mile radius i live, so much so that it makes headline local news. I imagine london has gang issues and i guess that is the majority of knife issues. no bag searches or metal detectors in the schools here.

News Comments > GTA Online Cheat Injunction
    7. Re: GTA Online Cheat Injunction Aug 19, 2018, 04:17 Armengar

I think he picked the wrong week to give up sniffing glue.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2018, 02:31 Armengar

whilst we love bees and spiders in our household, wasps are kill on sight. The kids are well versed on the procedure. Even bigger wasps nests are dealt with (although the actual poisoning is usually left to me as i can run quicker.

wasps are just plain evil.

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Celebrates Fifth Anniversary
    1. Re: PAYDAY 2 Celebrates Fifth Anniversary Aug 14, 2018, 02:19 Armengar

it might have a bazillion DLC but at least you dont really need any to play the game. Ive had a lot of fun in PD2 and only have the humble bundle version.  

1335 Comments. 67 pages. Viewing page 4.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo