Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Armengar

Real Name Armengar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Armengar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ?!
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 12, 2002, 13:37
Total Comments 1108 (Pro)
User ID 12814

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > NWN2: Mysteries of Westgate This Month
36. Re: NWN2: Mysteries of Westgate This Month Apr 21, 2009, 11:09 Armengar

Another +1 for not buying due to DRM (and I have NWN + expansions, plus NWN2 and I was even stupid enough to buy a premium module too)  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > TF2 & Counter-Strike Patched
20. Re: TF2 & Counter-Strike Patched Apr 21, 2009, 11:03 Armengar

There are some unlocks that arenecessary to unlock. Sandvich is one IMHO, kritz is another. Axtinguisher is fairly necessary too.  

News Comments > Valve on Improving the TF2 Experience
14. Re: Weekend Sales Mar 13, 2009, 10:09 Armengar

At GTFO we dont have additional empty slots, if an admin joins then it kicks someone else off. A bit nasty but then again we dont have a slot open (which tricks your "exclude full servers" box)

Plus this is a bit turd for us admins. I regularly drop out of one server to join another to swing the banhammer only to rejoin the game I was on.

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 2009, 10:10.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: gamestore Mar 10, 2009, 09:40 Armengar

Blue: did you not hit him with a "Dont you know who I am?" that ALWAYS works for most celebs doesnt it?  

News Comments > Legal Briefs
1. Re: Legal Briefs Mar 4, 2009, 04:16 Armengar

"I believe that the correct punishment should be one year in prison and that is what I am requesting that the district court hand down in this case"

WTF has sentencing got to do with lawyers? The title should also read "or Pirate Bay founders will walk away with a big fat damages fee"

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Mar 2, 2009, 08:25 Armengar

We did the same with this update as we did with the others. Changed out match server into an achievements server and gave the password to trusted people only. Oh, and we limit scouts to 2 on our 11 other servers.

This comment was edited on Mar 2, 2009, 08:26.

News Comments > Fallout 3 DLC Delay
28. Re: Fallout 3 DLC Delay Feb 9, 2009, 08:17 Armengar

mod the ui, I did. Didnt take long, a couple of files. Then again I aint going anywhere near DLC until it is away from that game for windows shite.  

News Comments > THQ to Cut 600
6. Re: THQ to Cut 600 Feb 5, 2009, 06:43 Armengar

2500 work for THQ? bloody hell, why do they produce so much crap if they have a decent workforce?  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2009, 06:33 Armengar

My NAS died last night in a power cut too. It was my own fault though as I could have sworn it was plugged into the UPS but wasnt as it turned out.

I can read some files though as I left it as vfat, a lot are hosed though. Even though they are backed up it means wading through DVDs again.

News Comments > A-Train 8 Announced
5. Re: A-Train 8 Announced Feb 5, 2009, 06:31 Armengar

It was damned hard on the amiga too. I remember wasting lots of time playing atrain  

News Comments > Cuts at Disney
6. Re: Cuts at Disney Jan 30, 2009, 05:14 Armengar

Directors are usually on different contracts. To not give a bonus to directors is a big statement and one mostly welcomed in these times. There are plenty companies who are offloading staff and STILL giving big bonus's to directors.

What do you expect them to do? Lay off the directors?

News Comments > UT3 Gets Steamy
31. Re: UT3 Gets Steamy Jan 30, 2009, 05:12 Armengar

Simple question (cant be bothered searching) if it is registered, do you then get to redownload in from steam or do you need to use the CD. Also if it is registered do you need the CD in the drawer still?

I use steam at home, work, second flat on account of me moving about. I love steam for the ability of not needing to cart around CDs to play games wherever I am at (and not having to lug a heavy laptop with decent graphics card!)

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 29, 2009, 07:52 Armengar

minimize the impact of rogue waves

The guy is a mentalist and has clearly never been out at sea or on a ferry for that matter. 30 foot above water wont stop squalls never mind november storms in the atlantic.

Plus without a decent amount of weaponry it will be pirate bait in no time.

This comment was edited on Jan 29, 2009, 07:54.

News Comments > TF2 & DoD: Source Patched
6. Re: TF2 & DoD: Source Patched Jan 29, 2009, 07:48 Armengar

I public servers I rarely use natasha as low score usualy means noone heals you. In matches it is great for area slowdowns so the demo can mop up easy kills or pyros can hunt.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 28, 2009, 08:36 Armengar

widescreen coding rocks. And if you are stupid enough to work with word maximised then you are dense. Plus DECENT widescreens can be rotated to work better in portrait.  

3. Re: Global warming is 'irreversible'. Jan 28, 2009, 08:31 Armengar

Golbal warming isnt a myth in some respects. The carbon released into the atmosphere comes from the earth and is returned to the earth by the natural carbon cycle. Unnatural release of carbon into the atmosphere may well contribute to warming but then again so would a few more volcanos erupting.

So although we may be releasing carbon into the atmosphere, it is no more than nature has done over the millenia.

The major problem is the amount of crap drug companies push into the water system. I read a nasty article yesterday about some indian streams that set you up for life after drinking a cupfull. However all the bacteria will be resistent sooner or later. Plus indian lakes = our rainwater

News Comments > On Fallout 3
35. Re: On Fallout 3 Jan 27, 2009, 11:46 Armengar

Fawkes and his "its your destiny" line, riiiight. It was his destiny to be shot with a plasma rifle after that speech.

If I ran this game full screen then it crashed. Ran it in a window and it worked. Luckily I found a good mod that lets you run in a window and it looks like full screen. You also need a mod to reduce the font size in the dialog screen. I dont have a single problem with any other games ranging from oldies such as MTW2 to farcry 2, left for dead etc etc. Only fallout 3 has issues (I use a clean XP gaming partition too, no unnecessary installs)

I had a caravan person drop from the sky outside megaton. hmmm. A paladin wandered off into a solid train thus rendering that quest unworkable as I could no longer click on him to speak to. This is small snippet.

The endings are dire. I nuked a town, where was my ending? Plus I planted super tree all over the wilderness apparantly, where was the mention of that?

It had potential but felt rushed. Very rushed (and consoley).

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2009, 11:46 Armengar

You should have said hibs. Everyone likes hibs.

You did well for understanding a pub full of drunken glaswegians especially after hours, I have difficulty. On a separate note, I hope the treasury DOES force england to accept scottish notes. Living in the borders we get both kinds of money and its pretty much useless past penrith.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 22, 2009, 05:52 Armengar

(not having a wii so I dont know) but where does the wii save all this information too? I didnt think it had a hard drive and I cant imagine it has a lot of flash storage  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2009, 05:49 Armengar

Ice on your brakes? Sounds more like oil on your brakes. Your brakes should have heated up after reversing off the drive and coming to a halt. Brakes heat up rather quickly. If your brakes were a little spongy (you mentioned pumping) then it could be an airlock or contaminated fluid.

I would certainly brake test on a quiet road to make sure.

1108 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo