Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Armengar

Real Name Armengar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Armengar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ?!
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 12, 2002, 13:37
Total Comments 1180 (Pro)
User ID 12814

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 1, 2017, 05:21 Armengar

And pointless. I havent seen a single use of having 30mb on my phone. In fact inless signal strenght is concernbi disable 4g for battery life  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 1 DLC Sharing
10. Re: Battlefield 1 DLC Sharing Mar 31, 2017, 12:48 Armengar

If 25 years old is a veteran. WTF is a 55 year old....  

News Comments > Diablo III Adding Build Switching and Perfect Items
9. Re: New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews Mar 18, 2017, 05:34 Armengar

Im still playing D3 on and off as i have done since launch night. Im yet to play a monk properly. Still a lot of play left in it for me as there is a lot of variation.

My main gripe is lack of storgage space as i want tthe loot to run variations.

Some people will complain whatever happens. Doesnt really matter

News Comments > MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs?
15. Re: MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs? Mar 16, 2017, 12:26 Armengar

We use W7 at work, we also have a W10 image (software assurance with full downgrade rights). I hate W10 with a passion. so many things that were easy in W7 are difficult in W10 (from an admin point of view).

simple things such as setting a domain start menu and taskbar are a REAL pain in W10, even the proper GPOs don't work fully as advertised. Edge is a mess in terms of GPOs - even chrome has better enterprise support than edge!

The newer hardware drivers have nothing to do with MS, it is up to the manufacturer to support, not MS. This is some crap move by MS to force people onto their advert platform.

10. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 8, 2017, 15:00 Armengar

Another sysadmin here and a vote against macs. We had ipads and the hardest thing to do was transfer videos and photos from the tablet to a pc or another mac. Syncing was jot what they eanted as that brought loads of junk to their area (communal tablets). Using standalone cameras they simply used it as a USB device.

The macs didnt use office well, too many crashes so people went back to PCs.

News Comments > Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Sells 1M - Free DLC
2. Re: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Sells 1M - Free DLC Mar 8, 2017, 14:02 Armengar

Juat picked it up cheap on humble bundle. Ive yet to play it.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 6, 2017, 03:10 Armengar

I thought the artcile was going to bring back such nostagia as command line based altavista search engine pages.

And yes i do ise lynx on headless servers

News Comments > AMD Ryzen Reviews
15. Re: AMD Ryzen Reviews Mar 2, 2017, 11:50 Armengar

still running my 2500k at 4.0ghz on air. No plans to change. I think ive had that cpu for about 5 years now.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2017, 11:47 Armengar

FFS blue where was my free content that i havent paid for? How dare you not bother to do an unpaid job!

Im sure you can be forgiven. I dont even remember you missing a day in the 15 years ive been posting.

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 17, 2017, 05:46 Armengar

4g is crap enough round these parts. 5G and gigabit will be a waste of time for us.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 16, 2017, 06:53 Armengar

Well good luck to you. I used to take my family to Florida each year (we live in the UK), we love Disney (3 kids). We used to "buy" some of my friends time share and take a two to three week break. For the past three years we haven't bothered due to the worsening treatment at the airports. As soon as they see a foreign passport (I have dual nationality with Ireland, wife has Dual with France - it doesn't matter which passport we travel on) you have to go to a pre screening security, post check in security and additional gate security. It started off as a 3 hour needed and the last time we went it was 4 hours.

Fuck that, that's an entire day wasted at the airport. So instead we have been going to other countries - Japan is now our favourite (via Hong Kong) as we get both parks and a decent connecting set of flights. We aren't the only ones voting with our wallets too.

News Comments > Origin Access Free Trial
1. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 15, 2017, 12:38 Armengar

Thanks, but no.  

News Comments > Take-Two Financials
4. Re: Take-Two Financials Feb 8, 2017, 08:19 Armengar

Frijoles wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 01:47:
And still no single-player DLC or expansions. Hopefully GTA VI is coming.

agreed. I have zero interest in GTA online, tried it once (when spawn killing wasn't happening, someone was teleporting and spawning junk)

News Comments > Diablo III Postmortem
16. Re: Diablo III Postmortem Jan 24, 2017, 07:48 Armengar

whilst it might not be in the spirit of general D3 bashing, I have had a good run with D3. Played since opening night and pretty much enjoyed it over the years. The auction house was fine, until the Chinese farmers took over, then it was useless. I tend to go back every few months for a weeks worth and this seems to be the sweet spot for me. Not sure how many hours I have in the game - probably close to 1000 I guess (Ive geared each character apart from a monk to "decent" gear) I think either barbarian or WD have been my favourite and I started with a WD on opening night.  

15. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 21, 2017, 12:47 Armengar

The gpos do work though and i can prove it. Im the sysadmin for a small school of 200 pcs. Over a break when there is noone in i can simply leave a PC on, switch off the power saving and leave it alone. Then i just examine the gateway firewall logs for that machine. The only traffic going out is ms cert revocation requests (and sophos revocation requests even though sophos SHOULD be talking to the endpoint server....) no other spurious traffic. We also use a MITM (and peek n splice) HTTPS proxy with no direct non-proxy internet access therefore nothing can escape the logs.

LTSB is ok except we needed the store for minecraft EDU. Yes you can hack the store onto LTSB (i have an image for our digital signs) but I used the EDU enterprise CB instead.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: Steam Quietly Adds the Ability to Move Game Install Folders. Jan 21, 2017, 06:52 Armengar

Neat if you can install to network locations. The old way of doing this was to create a virtual drive on the network share, mount the drive and install to the mounted drive. Not a lot of linux based NAS supported this though due to permissions issues.

Very bad things happen to shared resources holding mount3d drives if multiple sources attempt to write to them. The whole point of SANs etc...

8. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 21, 2017, 04:13 Armengar

There are plenty of GPOs to stop the collection. Some versions of 10 dont even have cortana installed (out 10 EDU enterprise doesnt). Our 10 rollout worked just fine, most apps are disabled for users, no telemetry, no bloated start menus. In fact the footprint is smaller than a fully patched 7. Too much fuss over 10 without people looking how to customise it.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 21, 2017, 04:09 Armengar

Fairly pointless. Most enterprise customers are SA anyway so you will get upgrades for free. The monthly offerings are also fairly pointless unless you have under the 25 user requirements for SA VL.  

News Comments > PAYDAY 2: Scarface Heist
5. Re: PAYDAY 2: Scarface Heist Dec 18, 2016, 03:51 Armengar

I got GOTY for about a tenner in steam sale last year. Easily worth it as ive had well over 100hra of fun. Stopped playing fairly recently when they changed the difficulty levels as the middle difficulties are ghost towns now. Still ive had my money worth.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 12, 2016, 13:25 Armengar

I only use facebook to contact people i know. I completely ignore random feeds. Cant say it bothers me.  

1180 Comments. 59 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo