Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Armengar

Real Name Armengar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Armengar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ?!
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 12, 2002, 13:37
Total Comments 1151 (Pro)
User ID 12814

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.5 Interview
17. Re: Diablo III 1.0.5 Interview Sep 23, 2012, 04:48 Armengar

Some people either played d2 after lod or after many patches. (or have rose tinted glasses) d2 was far from perfect for quite some time. I am liking d3, I don't have borderlands 2 or torchlight 2. I am welcoming these changes.

D3was far more bug free than d2 on launch. I remember the save game eating bugs. I might be lucky but d2 crashed more times for me (losing loot) than d3 has dropped or crashed (I'm not sure it HAS crashed for me yet in my 200 hours).

D3 is not d2 and was never going to be d2(lod) with new graphics. Sure it needed more on launch but in a mere 5 months it is a different game. What do people want though? It isn't like you a pay a subscription.

Variety is good and post release support and patching is also good. If you don't like it play something else, and I just don't understand (short of trolling) why people jump on the same argument about d2 every time

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Diablo III 1.0.5 Details
8. Re: More Diablo III 1.0.5 Details Sep 15, 2012, 12:07 Armengar

Ozmodan wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 10:35:
Oh and that is a critic speaking, really urks me when people misuse the word 'hater"! Sounds like you did not finish Jr High.

Hater is a valid noun my friend. http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/hater

Ironically enough you are quite close to the mark; I didnt finish high school, I joined the military as a school leaver with parents consent. I was a mature student when I finished my first degree (BSc Computing) at the ripe age of 38.

News Comments > Black Mesa Released
84. Re: Black Mesa Released Sep 15, 2012, 07:36 Armengar

well its free, of course i'll give it a go! re-imagined or not there are a few nice touches on the tram ride and so far im liking it.  

News Comments > More Diablo III 1.0.5 Details
5. Re: More Diablo III 1.0.5 Details Sep 15, 2012, 06:52 Armengar

after the 2h weapons patch change it is now quite viable to use 2h weapons on most characters. I bought a 2h hammer for my WD from the AH. Cost me 40k for a 980d 340int 320vit 6% life steal hammer.

haters are just hating for no real reason. D1 and D2 werent too great on launch. I remember the battlenet nightmare. D2 item generator? Made loot finding stupid.

Sure D3 aint the best and it aint no D2 but raging over patches is just plain stupid. Its a game, play it or dont there are plenty others out there if you dont like it. Im still having fun and thats all that counts for me.

as for 1.05 the changes still make sense. Those with top end gear will notice no difference at all, in fact they should end up even harder due to 25% drop in damage. those with really crap gear will lose out and the majority will notice no real difference. That being said, items that have resistances on them will mean more to someone as the overall damage output has dropped. It does mean that you can think about changing the "must have" runes for diversity.

This comment was edited on Sep 15, 2012, 07:00.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Sneak Peak
1. Re: Diablo III Patch Sneak Peak Sep 13, 2012, 14:23 Armengar

Queue the usual habitual diablo 3 ragers....

Well I'm still having fun in it.

News Comments > More Chris Roberts Game Teasing
25. Re: More Chris Roberts Game Teasing Sep 11, 2012, 07:17 Armengar

oooh cant wait. Time to dust off XBCD and my xbox controller hopefully!  

News Comments > More Big Picture Details
7. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 10, 2012, 16:48 Armengar

If you have a reasonable TV then this is already possible for the majority. It depends what he means by "for a tV". If it is a better UI for steam then that will be good - saves using a wireless keyboard and mouse (with a 15m HDMI cable). Clone display works quite well on my 6850 and both my TV and monitor are the same res (1080p)

hopefully its a better ui.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Armored Kill Launch Trailer
18. Re: Battlefield 3 Armored Kill Launch Trailer Sep 5, 2012, 07:39 Armengar

I remember desert combat (mod for BF 1942). That was epic. If this DLC is as good as desert combat then it looks like I will break my origin embargo too.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Season Pass
20. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 30, 2012, 15:44 Armengar

nah, im a real cheapskate, i'll buy it on steam sale in 2013 then the dlc the year after loads of games to play in the mean time.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Uplay PC Launches
49. Re: Ubisoft Uplay PC Launches Aug 17, 2012, 09:27 Armengar

I think id rather clean my scrotum with sulphuric acid than use this. Their shitty DRM has accounted for me purchasing precisely zero of their games since they started. Even though I love SH and settlers.  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY VII PC Rerelease
14. Re: FINAL FANTASY VII PC Rerelease Aug 15, 2012, 06:09 Armengar

I'll pass. PLayed it to death on the PS1 and that is where I will leave my memories. The difference between this and say minecraft will be the fact that minecraft has always looked like that. FF7 has good memories that will simply not stand up to my expectations.  

News Comments > Diablo III 1.04 This Month
21. Re: Diablo III 1.04 This Month Aug 11, 2012, 02:41 Armengar

Sounds ok but not enough to bring me back yet. For all the talk of AH getting cheaper it isnt really. You still need many many millions to get kit that can make you survice act 2 & 3 inferno. My poor witch hunter is still a shadow of his former self in inferno as opposed to the pre inferno powerhouse he was.

I'll wait till 1.1 or the DLC and see how that goes. Still, it isnt like im paying any monthly fees so these updates are effectively free.

Like many others I have had fun with D3 although the major nail in the coffin was the increase death costs. This pretty much stopped me and my friends "fooling about" and having fun. This isnt WOW so why did they care how much you died?

What they could have done was take the HIGHER of individual or group MF/GF that would help. That way the tank can be a full tank for the group and still benefit in some way whereas the poor sap who has GF/MF gear kiting away will get a better benefit

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Info Incoming
31. Re: Diablo III Patch Info Incoming Aug 10, 2012, 04:36 Armengar

same as everyone else.

Not played for a few weeks now. Got to act 2 inferno as a barbarian and hit a wall. Cant afford to die and im sick of trolling act 1. I'll come back when things get fun. possibly when DLC rolls out. Until then i'm not complaining, ive had over 100 hours of fun with it, have 3 60 chars and a couple in their 30's so thats a good investment for 30 - i'd be gutted if I paid full price though.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Digital Preorders
20. Re: Borderlands 2 Digital Preorders Jul 27, 2012, 08:30 Armengar

wow, for once the UK isnt getting shafted. Play.com are preordering at 27 inc pnp which works out at about $42

edit: NVM it is also 27 on steam too witha 4 pack working out at 20 a copy (damn!)

News Comments > GameStop Interested in Digital Resales
33. Re: GameStop Interested in Digital Resales Jul 27, 2012, 08:14 Armengar

Im not in the USA im in Europe. Been here for years too :-)

Selling digital copies is not something I am terrifically bothered about. Giving my digital copies to my friends is a different matter though.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition in September
40. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition in September Jul 27, 2012, 08:01 Armengar

BG good but I doubt I could go back to second edition now. It took me a long time to forget those XP tables and I dont intend learning them again.  

News Comments > Steam Hardware Survey Results & Bug Fix
18. Re: Steam Hardware Survey Results & Bug Fix Jul 26, 2012, 04:17 Armengar

I have a black edition dual core AMD. It will unlock from 2 to 4 cores (all stable). In dual core it will OC from 3.1 to 3.7 with a minor voltage increase. In quad core I can OC to 3.2 only. Rest of my system is pretty frugal, ATI 6850 (OC a bit), 8gb RAM running at the max my mobo will - only 1600 (9-9-9) but the prize is the SSD

Civ5, SOTS2 and shogun 2 are the biggest eaters of CPU that I have (looking at perfmon in the other monitor) and I still get a better "turn by turn" performance in dual core OC with SSD than quad core without SSD (I use steammover)

Sure if I have bags-O-money(tm) then i'd love a better system but until then its cheapy mc cheap cheap for me.

My claim to fame is that I was one of the people who could luckily skew the results when I ran steam one day on a multi cpu new server (I was curious ok!)

News Comments > Quoteworthy - "Windows 8 is a Catastrophe" - Gabe Newell
113. Re: Quoteworthy - Jul 26, 2012, 04:02 Armengar

remember vista and how it flopped? Enterprise didnt buy it. See windows 8? If it remains locked down as much then enterprise wont buy it. W7 will stay (well XP probably will too).

How could an enterprise with a KMS key for instance buy a metro app and install it on 5000 PCs if it is "store only"? There will be a different way to install apps.

edit: indeed there is. Server 2012 will check to see if you have a licence to deploy metro apps. Current 2012 RC doesnt work properly though (it seems).

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
13. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 24, 2012, 09:59 Armengar

I never use my real name on the internet. I never use my real DOB or personal email address either. I have a disposable full-of-spam hotmail accout for that.

Paranoid I might be but thats how I roll.

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed Jul 6, 2012, 08:58 Armengar

echoing previous comment.

My 60 barbarian will be pretty much the same as your 60 barbarian. And there lies the problem. AH has no diversity, all the expensive kit is geared towards certain cookie cutter "builds" builds meaning gear. At least in diablo 2 it would be quite rare to meet 2 similar barbarians.

As for endgame, so what. Ive spent about 150 hours in D3 with surprisingly little grinding (act 2 inferno witha barbarian - on hold). If I quit tomorrow then ive had my 30 worth of entertainment so thats fine for me.

1151 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo