Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Armengar

Real Name Armengar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Armengar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ?!
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 12, 2002, 13:37
Total Comments 1180 (Pro)
User ID 12814

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines
33. Re: Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 17, 2013, 07:35 Armengar

probably get it in a sale if it is any good. Otherwise i'll play natural selection 2 instead.  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III 1.07 on PTR
6. Re: Diablo III 1.07 on PTR Jan 16, 2013, 11:28 Armengar

dont play it then. It isnt going to change so pointless whining. I liked D3 for what it was then got bored and moved on. Money well spent for the time I enjoyed it.

That being said if there are patches or DLC that adds something good then i'll pick it up again. This patch interests me not so I wont bother ATM.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: CNET Jan 15, 2013, 02:27 Armengar

Taking forums views and a pinch of salt is they only way to get an idea about a product. I that and a quick skim over the official forums for issues. I wouldn't trust major sites such as cnet etc  

News Comments > Diablo III 1.07 Preview
5. Re: Diablo III 1.07 Preview Jan 13, 2013, 07:28 Armengar

Even though I have been one of the few defenders of diablo 3 on here, I think I'm still not going back to d3 before content dlc is released. Not enough left to keep me going on d3 - same happened when I got bored of baal runs in d2.  

News Comments > Gratuitous Space Battles Expands
3. Re: Gratuitous Space Battles Expands Jan 12, 2013, 05:47 Armengar

Me too. Got it in a few steam sale a year or so ago, played it for a while and haven't done so since. Got a bit bored tbh.  

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Jan 12, 2013, 05:44 Armengar

FTL I'd great I am so glad that there isn't an android version else I wouldn't get anything done!  

News Comments > Steam Linux Stats - Linux Console This Year?
4. Re: Steam Linux Stats - Linux Console This Year? Jan 6, 2013, 14:12 Armengar

Ubuntu is massively different in that most of my games won't work in Ubuntu.

It was also LIVING HELL ON EARTH getting XBMC running in Ubuntu (ati and remote control, and oh blu ray). In the end I rolled back to xp and sacked up the much slower boot time (I refused to pay for a win 7 lic just for the perks I was after)

News Comments > New Year's Mobilization
1. Re: New Year's Mobilization Jan 1, 2013, 14:05 Armengar

Wireless speed increase is great for directional site to site. No worries about interference and much cheaper than More expensive offerings from the likes of ruckus (can't wait to get a ubiquiti model, and they rock for small businesses)  

News Comments > Diablo III PvP Nears; Team Deathmatch Shelved
34. Re: Diablo III PvP Nears; Team Deathmatch Shelved Dec 29, 2012, 10:06 Armengar

Well I defended D3 and i'm still around. I'm certainly not a moron either. I have always said D3 was fun for me and well worth the money I paid. Ive been playing natural selection 2 for the previous month and a bit though so have rarely picked up D3.

I do look into the AH occasionally to look for bargains but only play maybe 20-30 mins per session as most of my friends have moved on to other things (or back to TF2). Steam sale has stocked me up for a few more months and I was gifted SH4 + uboat and SH5 (which I avoided being a UBI game with silly DRM). SH effectively wipes out months of my free time so I don't see D3 getting a look in anymore.

PvP interests me not one iota. It will be who pays most wins. I see no tactical play at all. whoever lands the first crit will probably win. I suspect WD will rule them all as they can get STUPID SILLY spot damages with certain builds. Coupled with guaranteed "second life" passives they shouldn't lose.

News Comments > Diablo III PvP Nears; Team Deathmatch Shelved
17. Re: Diablo III PvP Nears; Team Deathmatch Shelved Dec 28, 2012, 03:00 Armengar

Team death match wouldn't work anyway. How do you defend against wd that can permaspam bears or sacrifice 500k damage rather easily?  

News Comments > Diablo III Bot Bans
17. Re: Diablo III Bot Bans Dec 19, 2012, 15:34 Armengar

They only banned demonbuddy bots. They are about the most vocal easily found bots in the game. There are still a monumental amount of AH, autoplay and farming bots still going.  

News Comments > THQ Files for Chapter 11; Plans Sale
3. Re: THQ Files for Chapter 11; Plans Sale Dec 19, 2012, 15:32 Armengar

bet THQ games will be going for a song then during the sale. also, odd question but what happens to games on steam from companies that go out of business? Do you retain use of them? Do companies need to pay "rent" to steam over time?  

News Comments > GSC Game World Refutes S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Sale Claim
15. Re: GSC Game World Refutes S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Sale Claim Dec 14, 2012, 04:18 Armengar

It still weirds me out the amount of people who want to go on the Chernobyl tours. My knowledge of physics really wants me to shake sense into these people (before they go on the tour).

So what if it is "safe" outside the buildings. I wouldnt recommend breathing that concrete dust swirling around....

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Trailer
14. Re: Elite: Dangerous Trailer Dec 14, 2012, 04:05 Armengar

TBH sometimes controllers work in space games. I *still* use a PS2 controller on my PC for playing xwing alliance with my friends. A choice would be best of course.

Im still not backing this though - he's asking too much. I dont mind funding but 20 is too much. 10 (that includes the game) and I might bite.

At least they moved away from the central server MMO-esq only option.

This comment was edited on Dec 14, 2012, 04:14.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Dec 14, 2012, 04:03 Armengar

I dont see how a lawsuit would work. It is a kickstarter, businesses fail. If he could show he has been working on the game but is out of his depth then (quite simply) the investment was bad.

This is the same as investing in a rubbish company and suing them when it tanks. It is your fault for investing in a company without doing any background checks or research.

Only if it was blatant fraud would a lawsuit work. Since he has some code he could simply weild that as a "sorry I tried but my business acumen sucks" defence.

News Comments > HAWKEN Beta Opens
19. Re: HAWKEN Beta Opens Dec 14, 2012, 03:58 Armengar

"The insatiable gamer trying to sway any hope that a currently unfinished game is destined to fail."

I took this as being a generic jibe about the comments this game is going to fail; Whereas the game is still in beta so many bugs and foibles may yet be worked out.

Judging from youtube videos he surmises the game looks to be a good skill based strategy game (that I guess needs polish?).

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Dec 14, 2012, 03:55 Armengar

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 02:44:
How about this...

Was it good? It was ok, but for the most part Spider Man 3 was better then Amazing Spider Man.

no way. I see your spiderman3 better than amazing spider man and raise you spider dance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yy62Vds8-4

oh noes.

News Comments > Arma 3 Delayed
15. Re: Arma 3 Delayed Dec 14, 2012, 03:48 Armengar

The greek are notoriously finicky about their military installations (god knows why in the age of google earth). Even plane spotters get rustled for taking pictures of planes (that are documented already on wikipedia)  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Patched; New DLC Outed
6. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched; New DLC Outed Dec 14, 2012, 03:45 Armengar

bought this in the halloween sale cheap, I still havent downloaded it, never mind play it. With christmas steam sale only a week away things are looking good for a computery christmas

(if I can get the other half to take the kids to see the inlaws whilst I am ill *cough cough*)

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 12, 2012, 10:13 Armengar

The rate I sink coffee I should be sound then.  

1180 Comments. 59 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo