Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Armengar

Real Name Armengar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Armengar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ?!
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 12, 2002, 13:37
Total Comments 1107 (Pro)
User ID 12814

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
19. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 26, 2012, 07:51 Armengar

InBlack wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 06:32:
Dont worry, the certification crap is coming to the PC. Just wait for Windows 9 and see...

steam gets certified, load games through steam.

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Video Diary
28. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 26, 2012, 07:42 Armengar

It still might get funded but it is niche to begin with and I imagine all the people who really cared have already ponied up. TBH I think he was asking too much; for the money I have 3 games from the steam sale right now (KOTOR 2, Borderlands 2 and Deus Ex) . Plus the christmas steam sale is only a few weeks away.

As a massive elite, frontier (and yes I wanted to lover FE sooo sooo much) I still wont be bothering kickstarting this. I'll buy it on sale if it does come out though.

TLDR? 10 sold, 20 no sale

News Comments > Steam Top 10
37. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 26, 2012, 07:19 Armengar

Dev wrote on Nov 25, 2012, 20:21:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 25, 2012, 17:46:
What we really need is a top 10 games being played on Steam list. I have a feeling all the keys bought at GMG would change up that list a bit.
The data was posted in reply, but here's the link:
http://store.steampowered.com/stats/
Anytime you want to know what games are being played by how many on steam (which if its a steamworks game is ALL copies of that game), how many total ppl are online with steam at that moment (6 million peak today), the content server stats, or hardware survey, just click that link

Good link, I had no idea that was there. There are more people playing garrys mod (17th!) than so many other games!

News Comments > Black Friday Legal Briefs
7. Re: Police Raid 9-Year Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:12 Armengar

the thing that makes no sense: Finland has an age of criminality of 15.  

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
32. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 22, 2012, 10:10 Armengar

I had no idea so much had been cut out. TBH Im only playing it for more HK47. Easily my fav NPC in gaming (beats boo and minsc!)  

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
30. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 22, 2012, 04:38 Armengar

I missed the 75% KOTOR 2 (I have 1 already) but its still 50% so better than nothing. Loved 1 so its about time I played 2.  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Patched
8. Re: Natural Selection 2 Patched Nov 21, 2012, 09:12 Armengar

After NS2stats was released (229?) it was fairly obvious aliens were winning more and more matches. That being said, the opposite happens on tournament games.

I think the changes above should be CVARS so they can be tweaked wihtout delving into LUAs (which get updated or outmoded).

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Launches
27. Re: PlanetSide 2 Launches Nov 21, 2012, 09:09 Armengar

I didnt find it fun either. I dont even own COD or BF so that doesnt apply to me Quite simply I had no idea what was going on, what I was supposed to do. Ive never played PS1.

Back to NS2 then!

News Comments > Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition/Free DLC This Month
6. Re: Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition/Free DLC This Month Nov 17, 2012, 05:22 Armengar

TBH I lost patience waiting for this game to be patched. Ive deleted it for the time being. Perhaps in a year or two i'll go back to it. Too many game problems (not bugs) for me. Hivers were pretty much impossible to play due to the insane way the game forces you to watch combat (with your gates in contested systems). Silly ways of reorganising fleets, finding planets that are worth colonising, ordering fleets to "do" something.

all of these were perfectly fine in SOTS1 but in 2 they somehow took all the usability out of it. A shame as I really wanted to like this. So glad I got it in a sale and not for full price.

News Comments > AMD for Sale?
17. Re: AMD for Sale? Nov 14, 2012, 03:55 Armengar

I still use an unlocked BE phenom 2 (x4 B50). Very decent for the price paid. As others have said, expect the majority to be affording celerons only if AMD go under.  

News Comments > Razer Mouse Software Requires Internet? Watches You Carefully
30. Re: Razer Mouse Software Requires Internet? Watches You Carefully Nov 8, 2012, 07:40 Armengar

"ever-more flash memory "?

holy jesus. The entire Elite game was programmed into 22k how much fecking space do you need to store a few integers and floats?

More like track peoples PC specs and sell it as anonymous market data

edit: my mx518 is still running after all these years - the G15 I bought with it finally died (the paint fell off most of the keys outside of the free warranty replacement.) ive changed the usb cable myself but that is about it.

News Comments > Diablo III Expansion Plans; StarCraft: Heart of the Swarm Early Next Year
27. Re: Diablo III Expansion Plans; StarCraft: Heart of the Swarm Early Next Year Nov 8, 2012, 07:36 Armengar

I'll buy a D3 expansion. D3 was ok for me. Enjoyed playing it and parked it when ive had enough. Probably about 300 hours all told since launch day. Ive never played WoW or SC2 so I cant comment on those.

Lots of games to play but I think 300 hours for 30 is a decent deal. Ive probably spent that in steam sales and only played those games for a tenth of that combined.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter
43. Re: Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter Nov 7, 2012, 07:49 Armengar

no buy for me (an I lived on spy hunter and elite originals, I even bought frontier *and* first encounters (silly me).

1) 20 limited offer? For a kickstarter? no ta. 10 and i'l bite. I doubt it will sell full price for much more than 20 as it's too niche. Certainly 30 is taking the piss.

2) multiplayer elite will consist of 2 people sat outside lave with a military laser giving launching craft death. No ta.

3) oolite is free and fills the niche.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
19. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 6, 2012, 05:57 Armengar

Panasonic manufacture their own panels too. They supply us anyway. Our eval tech went over to JP to chat with their techies too.

News Comments > Free Battlefield 1942
35. Re: Free Battlefield 1942 Nov 6, 2012, 05:48 Armengar

Too many other games to play. I'll pass ta.  

News Comments > Hawken's 10M Player Target
7. Re: Hawken's 10M PLayer Target Nov 5, 2012, 09:20 Armengar

Having been in the beta a while I can say its good but not 10M good. Maybe 100k+ good  

News Comments > F2P Command & Conquer Beta Early Next Year
20. Re: F2P Command & Conquer Beta Early Next Year Nov 5, 2012, 06:16 Armengar

I fail to see how F2P would work. I have seen some GOOD examples of F2P. Global Agenda was good, it was free although limited in game functionality (i.e. you couldnt get the better loot and couldnt use the in game trading function too well) you could buy a one time key which would basically unlock all functionality or pay a time charge to get twice the loot and XP. You could also buy cosmetic items but NOT game items. In fact the devs abandoned this before the players did, there was a good healthy base of paying players that pleaded with the devs to add things but were met with a wall of silence.

What could you do with CnC? Any sort of unit hampering would put me off straight away as you would get caned. Map limits? Game queues? No thanks, id rather pay a one time fee or not bother.

As a second point there have been plenty of good games out there in the last 10 years. Many of which were born in the last 10 years. My "major" time sinks over the last 10 years have been CnC generals, CIV4, Silent hunter 3 and 4, NS1 for HL, HL2, TF2, Borderlands, Global Agenda, Mafia (and 2), Diablo 3 (I know im in a minority here but it has been fine for what *I* wanted in a game), NS2 will be my next time sink.

The gap in the last 3/4 was when I had my second child, that sorted out my free time! Note, these are only my major time sinks - ive played other worthy games.

This comment was edited on Nov 5, 2012, 06:21.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
28. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 5, 2012, 02:45 Armengar

There are still ns1 servers active. It will be around a loooong time. I plus it can be moved ensuring something will be about.

It's great.

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Early
8. Re: Natural Selection 2 Early Oct 30, 2012, 05:03 Armengar

Ant - no, its a paid for game. I'm gonna wait a while and see how the numbers pan out and the gamebase works out first.

edit:

Actually, I looked through the forums for the first time in 6 months and it seems that the main reason for me not wanting this game has been modded (combat mode). so ive preordered it for 18.99

This comment was edited on Oct 30, 2012, 05:15.

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Adding Map for Next Week's Launch
19. Re: Natural Selection 2 Adding Map for Next Week's Launch Oct 28, 2012, 13:50 Armengar

mock me all you want. Lack of "combat" mode put me off NS2. If it ever gets modded in then i'll buy it. Finding a game with a reasonable commander was very hard in NS1 - even in its heyday. Trying to play commander to get better was even harder as if you werent in the clique you were voted out pretty quickly. Luckily I was pretty well entrenched in the old 187 combat servers so I had some epic games.

Result was to play the aliens and it only took a few people to take save and take onos instead of hiving and you were doomed again. At least combat was "fun" if not in the spirit of the game.

1107 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo