Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Armengar

Real Name Armengar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Armengar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ?!
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 12, 2002, 13:37
Total Comments 1131 (Pro)
User ID 12814

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III PvP Nears; Team Deathmatch Shelved
17. Re: Diablo III PvP Nears; Team Deathmatch Shelved Dec 28, 2012, 03:00 Armengar

Team death match wouldn't work anyway. How do you defend against wd that can permaspam bears or sacrifice 500k damage rather easily?  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Bot Bans
17. Re: Diablo III Bot Bans Dec 19, 2012, 15:34 Armengar

They only banned demonbuddy bots. They are about the most vocal easily found bots in the game. There are still a monumental amount of AH, autoplay and farming bots still going.  

News Comments > THQ Files for Chapter 11; Plans Sale
3. Re: THQ Files for Chapter 11; Plans Sale Dec 19, 2012, 15:32 Armengar

bet THQ games will be going for a song then during the sale. also, odd question but what happens to games on steam from companies that go out of business? Do you retain use of them? Do companies need to pay "rent" to steam over time?  

News Comments > GSC Game World Refutes S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Sale Claim
15. Re: GSC Game World Refutes S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Sale Claim Dec 14, 2012, 04:18 Armengar

It still weirds me out the amount of people who want to go on the Chernobyl tours. My knowledge of physics really wants me to shake sense into these people (before they go on the tour).

So what if it is "safe" outside the buildings. I wouldnt recommend breathing that concrete dust swirling around....

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Trailer
14. Re: Elite: Dangerous Trailer Dec 14, 2012, 04:05 Armengar

TBH sometimes controllers work in space games. I *still* use a PS2 controller on my PC for playing xwing alliance with my friends. A choice would be best of course.

Im still not backing this though - he's asking too much. I dont mind funding but 20 is too much. 10 (that includes the game) and I might bite.

At least they moved away from the central server MMO-esq only option.

This comment was edited on Dec 14, 2012, 04:14.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Dec 14, 2012, 04:03 Armengar

I dont see how a lawsuit would work. It is a kickstarter, businesses fail. If he could show he has been working on the game but is out of his depth then (quite simply) the investment was bad.

This is the same as investing in a rubbish company and suing them when it tanks. It is your fault for investing in a company without doing any background checks or research.

Only if it was blatant fraud would a lawsuit work. Since he has some code he could simply weild that as a "sorry I tried but my business acumen sucks" defence.

News Comments > HAWKEN Beta Opens
19. Re: HAWKEN Beta Opens Dec 14, 2012, 03:58 Armengar

"The insatiable gamer trying to sway any hope that a currently unfinished game is destined to fail."

I took this as being a generic jibe about the comments this game is going to fail; Whereas the game is still in beta so many bugs and foibles may yet be worked out.

Judging from youtube videos he surmises the game looks to be a good skill based strategy game (that I guess needs polish?).

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Dec 14, 2012, 03:55 Armengar

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 02:44:
How about this...

Was it good? It was ok, but for the most part Spider Man 3 was better then Amazing Spider Man.

no way. I see your spiderman3 better than amazing spider man and raise you spider dance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yy62Vds8-4

oh noes.

News Comments > Arma 3 Delayed
15. Re: Arma 3 Delayed Dec 14, 2012, 03:48 Armengar

The greek are notoriously finicky about their military installations (god knows why in the age of google earth). Even plane spotters get rustled for taking pictures of planes (that are documented already on wikipedia)  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Patched; New DLC Outed
6. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched; New DLC Outed Dec 14, 2012, 03:45 Armengar

bought this in the halloween sale cheap, I still havent downloaded it, never mind play it. With christmas steam sale only a week away things are looking good for a computery christmas

(if I can get the other half to take the kids to see the inlaws whilst I am ill *cough cough*)

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 12, 2012, 10:13 Armengar

The rate I sink coffee I should be sound then.  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Patched
1. Re: Natural Selection 2 Patched Dec 11, 2012, 10:10 Armengar

A good game but already the community is dieing off. Too jittery for all but the best systems, lack of decent admins on the servers stopping griefers has consigned this to a "nuclear dawn" good idea but poor in support.

Shame as I loved NS1 and played NS2 a lot.

News Comments > Valve Living Room PCs Next Year?
54. Re: Valve Living Room PCs Next Year? Dec 10, 2012, 03:39 Armengar

This is going to cut too many corners in order to be commercially viable. Im guessing that it will need to run windows in order to use the most of the catalogue. Since size will be a factor im also guessing it will effectively be a glorified laptop interior.

Big question of AMD or intel really. Im guessing a deal with AMD, they need the business and probably have tons of low power llano esque components sat around collecting dust. So an AMD with a reasonable high detail 720 medium detail 1080 GPU.

It wont be powerful enough for most people. That being said it probably only needs to be optomised for 2 resolutions - 720 and 1080

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Dec 4, 2012, 10:12 Armengar

all for $28? You'd put that in at 10 mins to go wouldnt you? Its not like you wont get it back AFTER it has been funded.

foolish man.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition & Free DLC
16. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition & Free DLC Dec 4, 2012, 07:27 Armengar

You'll either love it or hate it. Personally it is a massive letdown for me. The interface tweaks are better now but if you think it is an improved sots1 then you will be disappointed.

Hivers are plain broken, they are frustrating to play once you are in the mid/end game due to the way the game forces you to participate in battles that are not necessarily your own.

It is still quite long winded to find a system with a certain spec and colonize it. The steps taken to reach, survey and colonize can be awkward for many races.

I havent tried the LOA yet but first indications are that the LOA are a micromanage race that needs babysitting.

I'd pass unless you have nothing else to play.

News Comments > Humble THQ Bundle
37. Re: Humble THQ Bundle Dec 3, 2012, 09:42 Armengar

blues has a steam group? Must join.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
19. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 3, 2012, 09:40 Armengar

ipad only company? That should be fun printing, scanning, aving documents centrally, running new software out quickly etc.

We tried a room of ipads, it was a spectacular failure from a productivity point of view. They are TOOLS - you cant use a hammer for all tasks no matter how nice the hammer is.

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Trailer
9. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Trailer Nov 30, 2012, 10:50 Armengar

40 pre order? You're havin' a larf!

Reward 1
"Exclusive Company of Heroes 2 TF2 Items"

it has fail written all over it when you need to dig this low to get people to pre purchase....

News Comments > Humble THQ Bundle
31. Re: Humble THQ Bundle Nov 30, 2012, 10:46 Armengar

depends how much you want to give. I bought 3 sets for $1 each and gifted them. Then I got the full pack myself for (as was) $5.65

I only had COH (no expansions) out of this so for $8.63 I got 3 gifts and a ton of games. Ive still not played DOTA 2 either yet.

News Comments > Tropico 4 Gold Edition Rogues Trailer
3. Re: Tropico 4 Gold Edition Rogues Trailer Nov 29, 2012, 04:10 Armengar

modern times spoilt the game somewhat. The new buildings are simply overkill.  

1131 Comments. 57 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo