Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Armengar

Real Name Armengar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Armengar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ?!
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 12, 2002, 13:37
Total Comments 1171 (Pro)
User ID 12814

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Sword of the Stars: The Pit and Demo Released
8. Re: Sword of the Stars: The Pit and Demo Released Feb 23, 2013, 09:28 Armengar

Believe you me I stuck with it (and was active in the forums) till the last major patches. It still is too clunky and can never be fixed. Hivers are unplayable due to forced combat with gated systems. The new race has mental micro management issues when coordinating large LV fleets.

It is too much work to play. I think the ui was coded by a sage accountant.

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Old School RuneScape Launches
5. Re: Old School RuneScape Launches Feb 23, 2013, 05:47 Armengar

Probably rose tinted glasses. Asherons call was brilliant but I think a retro release would look a fair bit dated.  

News Comments > Sword of the Stars: The Pit and Demo Released
6. Re: Sword of the Stars: The Pit and Demo Released Feb 23, 2013, 05:41 Armengar

SOTS2 was a train wreck for me. SOTS1 was great in comparison the sequel was clunky and bugged to hell. Until I see great reviews I can't even be arsed downloading the demo; too many other unplayed steam sale games.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers
14. Re: Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers Feb 22, 2013, 11:57 Armengar

Nah, too many other games on my list. Might check them out on steam sales depending on whatever DRM they have cooked up then.  

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Season Pass Announced
13. Re: BioShock Infinite Season Pass Announced Feb 21, 2013, 11:41 Armengar

nah, if I care about the game i'll get the DLC when it comes out on sale. I have borderlands 2 (sale) and havent had the need for DLC yet.  

News Comments > Air Conflicts: Vietnam Announced
10. Re: Air Conflicts: Vietnam Announced Feb 21, 2013, 07:39 Armengar

vietnam era aircraft were rubbish though so I cant see it being fun if accurate. Mig 17 19 and 21 were woeful at best.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2013, 11:16 Armengar

Loved B5. Nearly 20 years old now!  

News Comments > More Cancelled Aliens RPG Footage
7. Re: More Cancelled Aliens RPG Footage Feb 20, 2013, 11:07 Armengar

blockiness reminded me of dark forces. It just looks dated and poor.  

News Comments > Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB
70. Re: Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB Feb 20, 2013, 07:05 Armengar

Quboid wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 09:10:
I don't think he's claiming that game controllers are as effective as Kb/M, that in direct competition they would match or better us. His bullshit argument is that controllers are so much more popular, not that they're so much better.

Well if you have no choice of course it will be more popular on a console. If KB/mouse was supported in all XBOX 360 and PS3 games (properly, I am aware of the support options for PS3) then im sure a massive proportion would switch immediately as the skill gap would polarise.

News Comments > Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB
49. Re: Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB Feb 19, 2013, 05:16 Armengar

what an asshat.

How about get a game and open it to console and PC (TF2 is rife for plucking) and see how good the console controllers are vs KB/mouse. dont get me wrong i'm sure there are people who are excellent on controller FPS but take the "average" controller vs "average" KB/mouse and im sure there will be a lot of whiners on consoles.

Steam online players dont seem to suggest FPS is dead on PCs either.

5. New asteroid detector? Feb 18, 2013, 11:13 Armengar

Why bother with an asteroid detector? It isnt like we can do anything useful about them. They either burn up or obliterate the earth. Pretty much the only options with our firepower.  

News Comments > More Valve Layoffs
33. Re: More Valve Layoffs Feb 14, 2013, 11:34 Armengar

i'd say something is wrong too. Valve wouldnt hire crap people. They can afford to be picky and choosy. The type of people working there would be naturally multi talented, and if they are in a good enough shape then they FIND projects to work on (and make more money).

Laying people off (outside of a takeover) shows the need to cut costs for one reason or another. If the cashflow is heavily in the black then you innovate and design new stuff. If it is flat or negative then you look to trim the fat.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2013, 11:00 Armengar

we normally get the folks to look after the kids and I get the other half to cook a nice meal for a change. Sometimes a nice night in is good for a change (the router gets switched off too, thats the only way to be sure no sneaky gaming going on....)  

News Comments > System Shock 2 on GOG.com Tomorrow
8. Re: System Shock 2 on GOG.com Tomorrow Feb 13, 2013, 11:15 Armengar

the xwing series were the first games that made me want to spend serious money on my PC (I think it was a rage 3d with extra 2Mb RAM onboard) - then an orchid righteous 3D when they were released. Decent speakers and a decent joystick kit made them a joy to play.

I played xwing alliance at a lan party not too long ago (with xbox controllers) - it was still a hoot having a squadron of xwings take on a variety of ships (+ some capital ship to ship for good measure)

no idea what has happened to my CDs, I can only find alliance cds now. (the xwing CD had a great audio CD playing in the background)

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Omerta - City of Gangsters
11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Omerta - City of Gangsters Feb 13, 2013, 03:50 Armengar

i'll wait until it is on steam sale. Still have a backlog of other unplayed steam sale games yet.  

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Feb 12, 2013, 05:08 Armengar

technically TF2 is free to play. Old but still played by many.  

News Comments > Valve/J.J. Abrams Collaboration? Half-Life or Portal Movie?
43. Re: Valve/J.J. Abrams Collaboration? Half-Life or Portal Movie? Feb 7, 2013, 11:08 Armengar

then it will be HL mod films by ewe boll

good lord no.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 7, 2013, 10:50 Armengar

trademark =/= copyright. GW are attempting to assert that space marines in books are pretty much their space marines. The same way apple trademark their logo etc. It makes no difference if there is prior art (starship troopers etc) as that trademark will have expired unless maintained. If maintained then it can last forever.

Its a shit move by GW but it is one they will win if they can show continuation over other claimants.

Whilst starship troopers is maintained as a trademark (http://www.trademarkia.com/starship-troopers-75110835.html) there is no mention of space marines in there and might well not be in any of the modern material. It would take a lawyer to comb through it all.

This comment was edited on Feb 7, 2013, 10:56.

News Comments > Notch Backtracks on Psychonauts 2 Support
3. Re: Notch Backtracks on Psychonauts 2 Support Feb 5, 2013, 08:56 Armengar

TBH if I had said a couple of million I wouldnt have assumed 18 either.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Feb 3, 2013, 08:20 Armengar

Purchasing a blu ray, ripping it then storing means I can watch it on whatever device I choose at whatever quality I rip at. Legal? Who gives a shit, my blu ray that I've paid for. I won't share it with my mates though.  

1171 Comments. 59 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo