Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Armengar

Real Name Armengar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Armengar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ?!
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 12, 2002, 13:37
Total Comments 1148 (Pro)
User ID 12814

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III PTR Updated
4. Re: Diablo III PTR Updated Jan 23, 2013, 10:04 Armengar

"We know that (for many players) itís much more rewarding to gear up from items that you find while playing normally than it is to necessarily go through Auction House"

Easy! Much bigger drop rate of player bound items. Job done!

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Flashback HD Remake Planned?
18. Re: Flashback HD Remake Planned? Jan 23, 2013, 06:02 Armengar

very hard game. Cheated heavily to complete it. Opening sequence was one of my favourites from that era.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 23, 2013, 06:00 Armengar

ever since they introduced their "downloader" to grab programs was the day I stopped using them. At the time is was due to the fact their downloader doesnt understand authenticated proxies. I still wouldnt use it anyway - this simply shows why.  

News Comments > New Kickstarter Seeks to Race Back to the 90s
6. Re: New Kickstarter Seeks to Race Back to the 90s Jan 22, 2013, 10:59 Armengar

GTi Club was a great arcade too. You could free roam (to some extent given it was an arcade). Good fun.  

News Comments > Atari S.A. Bankrupt Too
3. Re: Atari S.A. Bankrupt Too Jan 22, 2013, 10:57 Armengar

it is shitty but that is capitalism. If you cannot show continual growth then your shares tank. No chance of influx money and the shareholders go nuts. Irony is, everything goes in bankrupcy.  

News Comments > Rob Pardo on Jay Wilson and Diablo III
45. Re: Rob Pardo on Jay Wilson and Diablo III Jan 20, 2013, 12:10 Armengar

There are still ample people playing d3 regularly though. Maybe not as many as launch but enough. I found d3 to be an ok game, but sure bit was no d2 but d2 was also shite until LOD was released. I got my money worth out of d3,other people didn't.

No one is holding a gun to your head to play it though.

News Comments > Jay Wilson Leaving Diablo III
37. Re: Jay Wilson Leaving Diablo III Jan 18, 2013, 07:38 Armengar

aesir05 wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 04:57:
The director is like the driver of a car, there are many different components working to make the car move but its the driver who chooses which way to go.

Actually using your analagy, Activision are the road so sure, he can drive where he wants but only on Activisions roads.

News Comments > Halo 2 PC Server Shutdown Next Month
10. Re: Halo 2 PC Server Shutdown Next Month Jan 17, 2013, 11:39 Armengar

If it has dedicated servers then so what if the matchmaking goes down. We played HL1 for shit'n'giggles at the last lan just to see the stoopid frame rates. Plenty of HL1 mods still get played and have active servers. Most new integrated GFX laptops will play HL1 brilliantly - great when you are stuck in a hotel due to snow with only a "normal" works laptop to hand (a time when steam really shines).  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines
33. Re: Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 17, 2013, 07:35 Armengar

probably get it in a sale if it is any good. Otherwise i'll play natural selection 2 instead.  

News Comments > Diablo III 1.07 on PTR
6. Re: Diablo III 1.07 on PTR Jan 16, 2013, 11:28 Armengar

dont play it then. It isnt going to change so pointless whining. I liked D3 for what it was then got bored and moved on. Money well spent for the time I enjoyed it.

That being said if there are patches or DLC that adds something good then i'll pick it up again. This patch interests me not so I wont bother ATM.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: CNET Jan 15, 2013, 02:27 Armengar

Taking forums views and a pinch of salt is they only way to get an idea about a product. I that and a quick skim over the official forums for issues. I wouldn't trust major sites such as cnet etc  

News Comments > Diablo III 1.07 Preview
5. Re: Diablo III 1.07 Preview Jan 13, 2013, 07:28 Armengar

Even though I have been one of the few defenders of diablo 3 on here, I think I'm still not going back to d3 before content dlc is released. Not enough left to keep me going on d3 - same happened when I got bored of baal runs in d2.  

News Comments > Gratuitous Space Battles Expands
3. Re: Gratuitous Space Battles Expands Jan 12, 2013, 05:47 Armengar

Me too. Got it in a few steam sale a year or so ago, played it for a while and haven't done so since. Got a bit bored tbh.  

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Jan 12, 2013, 05:44 Armengar

FTL I'd great I am so glad that there isn't an android version else I wouldn't get anything done!  

News Comments > Steam Linux Stats - Linux Console This Year?
4. Re: Steam Linux Stats - Linux Console This Year? Jan 6, 2013, 14:12 Armengar

Ubuntu is massively different in that most of my games won't work in Ubuntu.

It was also LIVING HELL ON EARTH getting XBMC running in Ubuntu (ati and remote control, and oh blu ray). In the end I rolled back to xp and sacked up the much slower boot time (I refused to pay for a win 7 lic just for the perks I was after)

News Comments > New Year's Mobilization
1. Re: New Year's Mobilization Jan 1, 2013, 14:05 Armengar

Wireless speed increase is great for directional site to site. No worries about interference and much cheaper than More expensive offerings from the likes of ruckus (can't wait to get a ubiquiti model, and they rock for small businesses)  

News Comments > Diablo III PvP Nears; Team Deathmatch Shelved
34. Re: Diablo III PvP Nears; Team Deathmatch Shelved Dec 29, 2012, 10:06 Armengar

Well I defended D3 and i'm still around. I'm certainly not a moron either. I have always said D3 was fun for me and well worth the money I paid. Ive been playing natural selection 2 for the previous month and a bit though so have rarely picked up D3.

I do look into the AH occasionally to look for bargains but only play maybe 20-30 mins per session as most of my friends have moved on to other things (or back to TF2). Steam sale has stocked me up for a few more months and I was gifted SH4 + uboat and SH5 (which I avoided being a UBI game with silly DRM). SH effectively wipes out months of my free time so I don't see D3 getting a look in anymore.

PvP interests me not one iota. It will be who pays most wins. I see no tactical play at all. whoever lands the first crit will probably win. I suspect WD will rule them all as they can get STUPID SILLY spot damages with certain builds. Coupled with guaranteed "second life" passives they shouldn't lose.

News Comments > Diablo III PvP Nears; Team Deathmatch Shelved
17. Re: Diablo III PvP Nears; Team Deathmatch Shelved Dec 28, 2012, 03:00 Armengar

Team death match wouldn't work anyway. How do you defend against wd that can permaspam bears or sacrifice 500k damage rather easily?  

News Comments > Diablo III Bot Bans
17. Re: Diablo III Bot Bans Dec 19, 2012, 15:34 Armengar

They only banned demonbuddy bots. They are about the most vocal easily found bots in the game. There are still a monumental amount of AH, autoplay and farming bots still going.  

News Comments > THQ Files for Chapter 11; Plans Sale
3. Re: THQ Files for Chapter 11; Plans Sale Dec 19, 2012, 15:32 Armengar

bet THQ games will be going for a song then during the sale. also, odd question but what happens to games on steam from companies that go out of business? Do you retain use of them? Do companies need to pay "rent" to steam over time?  

1148 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo