Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Armengar

Real Name Armengar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Armengar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ?!
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 12, 2002, 13:37
Total Comments 1181 (Pro)
User ID 12814

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Sword of the Stars: Ground Pounders Announced
11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2013, 10:10 Armengar

I gave up on sots 2 long ago. My beloved hivers were hamstrung completely. Want to put a gate up in an unknown system? Then why cant I send a fleet from the other side of the universe to a point, then survey, then deploy, they colonize? I could with sots1 (survey excepted of course).

But noooooo. And god help the places you have gates in at the end of each turn....

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Trailer
10. Re: Total War: ROME II Trailer Aug 2, 2013, 10:21 Armengar

I hope you can still "do a sparta" on bridges like you could in rome 1. I loved phalanx defences on bridges.  

News Comments > Ashes Cricket 2013 Delayed
5. Re: Ashes Cricket 2013 Delayed Jul 29, 2013, 17:12 Armengar

OH loves cricket. I dont remember playing a cricket game since brian lara on the amiga; it wasnt too bad.  

News Comments > Space Hulk Preorders
18. Re: Space Hulk Preorders Jul 28, 2013, 04:23 Armengar

Arguing with your mates on who had suspensors and who got sideblades (H wonderful sideblades)  

News Comments > Space Hulk Preorders
4. Re: Space Hulk Preorders Jul 27, 2013, 18:07 Armengar

Then steam sale for me too  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 26, 2013, 15:44 Armengar

TThey do if you have accidental damage covering diy whilst you were up scaffolding repairing guttering.if you happen to cause lots of damage to the roof (which wasnt in great condition) then yes, insurance does pay out.

At least in the uk it did...

News Comments > Vivendi Raiding Activision's Piggy Bank
27. Re: Vivendi Raiding Activision's Piggy Bank Jul 24, 2013, 16:46 Armengar

its a tax write off move. AB have lots of cash but not in the US. To move the cash to the US will involve tax. Taking on debt in the US reduces the tax liability. Thus AB can move cash and write off the debt with the tax liability. That way the parent is more solvent and AB can do something USEFUL with the offshore money.

Having lots of money is pointless if you cannot actually spend it (i.e. use it to pay wages in the US etc)

News Comments > Steam Game Resale EU Court Case This Year?
40. Re: Steam Game Resale EU Court Case This Year? Jul 22, 2013, 10:46 Armengar

they dont need a marketplace at all, just allow people to "gift" or transfer a game from their list to another steam account. they dont need to provide a method for people to search for secondhand games.

News Comments > Steam Game Resale EU Court Case This Year?
3. Re: Steam Game Resale EU Court Case This Year? Jul 21, 2013, 12:57 Armengar

Steam didnt exist when i bought half life. Some download services do, i cannot remember the name now but you download the drm free installer (its not gmg).

It could be argued that if steam dont want to follow the law they dont have to sell in the eu either. This has been coming for quite some time and it will pass.

News Comments > Neverwinter Free & Premium Content Next Month
7. Re: Neverwinter Free & Premium Content Next Month Jul 16, 2013, 14:06 Armengar

I wouldnt mind spending a bit of money on neverwinter but it is pointless to do so. Everything is so damn expensive! It isnt worth spending money so i continue to play freebie accounts.

Same with the expansion, if they were cheaper then i would but not at those stupid prices.

News Comments > Global Agenda 2 and Tribes Ascend 2 Take Precedence Over Tribes Ascend Patch
3. Re: Global Agenda 2 and Tribes Ascend 2 Take Precedence Over Tribes Ascend Patch Jul 12, 2013, 09:42 Armengar

They did the same with GA. Good player base, game nearly working. Then they dropped it without talking on the forums, ignored the fans etc. I wont be bothering wjth any more of their games as they clearly dont care about finishing them.  

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Begins
88. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2013, 09:40 Armengar

Go postal prez. All you ex workmates talked about you behind you back. Load up and go wreak some righteous vengeance.

Either that or go temping until you find something better. Good luck fella.

News Comments > SEGA Seeks THQ's COH2 Preorder Cash
3. Re: SEGA Seeks THQ's COH2 Preorder Cash Jul 10, 2013, 11:23 Armengar

if they are in chapter 11 then doenst the administrator get the money? the company STILL exists and the administrator gets as much money as they can to pay off the debts. so sega will get zip.  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Female Marine Detailed
11. Re: Natural Selection 2 Female Marine Detailed Jul 6, 2013, 05:26 Armengar

Combat mod is broken to a degree at the moment. Ns2 is frustrating and generally depends on whuch server you join. Some are highly elitist. If you are in US try mavicks server, very friendly place. In EU either dumbass brits or yoclan.  

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Map Changes Detailed
2. Re: Team Fortress 2 Map Changes Detailed Jul 6, 2013, 05:23 Armengar

Ahh 2fort,the mark of skill to conc jump across, infect the sniper and save your last conc to jump up the elevator.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 2, 2013, 03:42 Armengar

Similar thing in the UK for many people. Oddly enough I live in the lake district in cumbria (village of about 100 people). Great part of the country with lovely views and pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

About 10 years ago we got 512kb ADSL which was great (bonded ISDN before that). A few years ago that rose to about 2Mb whereas recently some obscure EU grant meant that all of a sudden we have a choice of 'fibre to the cabinet' bringing about 30Mb/3Mb to our doors or wireless 10Mb/10Mb for the same price. "3" mobile has a reasonable signal here too as they upgraded the mast a couple of years ago - that gives consistent 5Mb/2Mb indoors.

10 miles down the road in a pretty big town they still have patchy 4Mb dropping to 512 again. Many houses in town cant get broadband due to lack of copper pairs in the phone boxes.

News Comments > Diablo III Bans
20. Re: Diablo III Bans Jun 28, 2013, 08:35 Armengar

I play every now and again. Never used RMAH or chinese gold. I can do MP8 in my WD and have a paragon 4/5 of every other class except DH (ironically the first char I rolled). Granted I had a lucky drop that i sold for 500M on the AH (was probably worth twice that but I wanted to sell quick not play stock markets). that kitted out all my chars and I still have 100M in the bank.

If my friends are on i'll hop in for a while. It is still fun but no longer my "primary" game.

News Comments > Diablo III Bans
15. Re: Diablo III Bans Jun 28, 2013, 04:43 Armengar

i'd want a cut of that action or grass him up :-)  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
8. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jun 17, 2013, 07:44 Armengar

Not just by tower, it is based on which carrier you are connected to. If you are on the border of france/belgium/luxembourg for instance (the town of mon st martin for instance) then you could get Orange FR, orange BG or orange LU as options on your phone. Choose the wrong one and it will cost you an arm and a leg.

Saying "disable roaming and data roaming" isnt always the answer. Tmobile and orange accept "roaming" between them therefore if you allow roaming and data roaming then your phone will get the best signal from tmobile or orange - from the same contract.

god help you if it picks up a cross border signal.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
6. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jun 17, 2013, 02:32 Armengar

Cutter, that is what most people in the eu do now. We have a french, spanish and belgian PAYG sim card that we load up on holiday. 10eu credit on each is FAR cheapee than a few calls and certainly better for data.  

1181 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo