Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Armengar

Real Name Armengar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Armengar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ?!
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 12, 2002, 13:37
Total Comments 1180 (Pro)
User ID 12814

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 9, 2013, 12:16 Armengar

the irony is, this could work against them. If the original case does get dismissed then all the evidence with it goes.  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > ROAM vs How to Survive
24. Re: ROAM vs How to Survive Oct 29, 2013, 07:41 Armengar

ROAM went full retard. Never go full retard.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 23, 2013, 16:52 Armengar

thanks for keeping us up di canio, no one likes you though so fuck off.

Cant say I care for mackems though.

News Comments > SteamOS Announced
65. Re: SteamOS Announced Sep 23, 2013, 16:48 Armengar

PC + long HDMI cable + wireless controller/mouse/kb is surely better than a streamed solution?  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 20, 2013, 10:37 Armengar

using NSA software and resources though. Both as bad as each other.  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Patch Next Week
4. Re: Natural Selection 2 Patch Next Week Sep 14, 2013, 13:55 Armengar

They had a perfectly reasonable game. It needed a few fixes. Then, at build 250 they decided to change direction in a huge way with the alien commander. since then they have added more and more content without fixing existing bugs whilst introducing more and more.

2 patches ago (same day as the free weekend) they release what can only be described as a "kick in the nads" patch that pretty much halved peoples FPS. And it wasn't though people were hardly having a great time getting decent FPS to begin with. The forums were flooded with WTFs. CTDs ahoy, glitches in movement, disconnects, servers bogging down etc.

It was a *major* mistake running their own engine- dynamic infestation or not - as it hasn't really worked. You need a powerhouse system to run a decent settings throughout a full game. Most people who don't have decent i5 or i7 systems are doomed to powerpoint mode late game. Server hardware is even worse, you need a 4ghz+ monster to get a decent >18 player server up. Any more and late game falls to pieces. What sort of game needs an OC *server* to get the best out of it?

Add to that inherent mouse lag, micro stutters, intolerable load times and this game is rapidly going down the pan.

The devs may well be decent guys but they know feck all about designing a commercial product. As a rabid NS1 fan and a fan of NS2 ive given up playing this now as it isn't fun to play.

News Comments > Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be "Complicated" (By Activision?)
20. Re: Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be Sep 6, 2013, 12:06 Armengar

I dont understand the constant venom either. Oh look a D3 thread. full of venom and troll.

If you dont like something then dont play it. There is a massive difference between constructive criticism and downright shit-mongering.

It isnt like people didnt know about the always on or RMAH or AH. If you didnt like it then either dont play, dont use AH or dont use RMAH. Ive never needed to use the RMAH but I have used the AH a lot - especially for reduced level items as described below. Ive also used a lot of online calculators to make cheap crap gear fit into a character to make it powerful.

A great metagame for me. Now ive moved on as im bored - very simple. At the end of the day it is a computer game.

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Expansion Released; Free Weekend Underway
13. Re: Natural Selection 2 Expansion Released; Free Weekend Underway Aug 31, 2013, 14:38 Armengar

I'll post a link to this thread from the main boards. I started to lose interst after patch 249. The latest couple of patches have made the game confusing and (quite frankly) unplayable for me. UWE are a great team but they change fundamental things in one patch without any communication on it, then change again a week later. All this breaks the mods and pisses some people off (who dont have time to relearn.)

agreed that it is good to evolve but not without reason. As you say the tutorial is borked so god help newbies.

News Comments > etc.
17. Re: etc. Aug 29, 2013, 17:41 Armengar

What ever happened to the old crew such as warspite (or was it warpig)? I miss his tales of floating on lakes of excrement (he was a waste engineer i believe). Not many old timers left.  

News Comments > Diablo III 2.0 Details
23. Re: Diablo III 2.0 Details Aug 29, 2013, 17:35 Armengar

I never defended always on, it has never been an issue for me though. I can count on one hand the d/c ive had. That being said i dont play d3 anymore as ive simply moved on. 4 lvl 60s was my limit.

I might look at the expansion again but there are too many other games to play now. For the 30 i paid it has certainly been worth it. For the record no RMAH used.

Im not a blizzard fan (as ive been accused by some hating-for-noreason people) never played wow, sc or sc2.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Aug 29, 2013, 10:54 Armengar

I heard cutter mentioning something about "now the flowers will grow"  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: UKs secret Mid-East internet surveillance base is revealed in Edward Snowden leaks. Aug 26, 2013, 14:03 Armengar

I use my own mail server. If my emails are scanned they arent from my end.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions
64. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions Aug 26, 2013, 04:37 Armengar

Fletch wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 04:30:
Illumin wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 02:34:
Ill know after 30 days...

And $60.

in fairness the same could be said for GW2. It would be the continuation that costs.

Perhaps a FTP for x levels then a purchase or sub.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2013, 15:15 Armengar

My T reg merc E class is 15 years old with 245k miles and still sweet. Bit of rust at the back and the gears are not as smooth as they once were. Air con still works though  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions
23. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions Aug 21, 2013, 12:12 Armengar

Too many other games to play rather than a subscription game.  

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced
31. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Aug 21, 2013, 12:07 Armengar

Nah, too many other games to play now. Played D3, got my monies worth. Never used the rmah either. Have an mp10 WD and lvl 60 others. Cant be bothered with the dlc unless reviews are sparkling; which i doubt.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Tropico 4: Propaganda
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Tropico 4: Propaganda Aug 17, 2013, 05:29 Armengar

4.99 for a building? Seriously? Better off buying humble bundle.  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf Announced
7. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf Announced Aug 17, 2013, 05:26 Armengar

now with DLC booster packs  

News Comments > Tropico 5 Announced
8. Re: Tropico 5 Announced Aug 15, 2013, 10:35 Armengar

4 was better than 3 if only for the traffic improvements. Modern times was OP though. 5 looks excellent and an easy purchase (after first reviews to see if it is a buggy mess, I still remember getting burnt by the first one....)  

News Comments > Sword of the Stars: Ground Pounders Announced
11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2013, 10:10 Armengar

I gave up on sots 2 long ago. My beloved hivers were hamstrung completely. Want to put a gate up in an unknown system? Then why cant I send a fleet from the other side of the universe to a point, then survey, then deploy, they colonize? I could with sots1 (survey excepted of course).

But noooooo. And god help the places you have gates in at the end of each turn....

1180 Comments. 59 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo