Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Armengar

Real Name Armengar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Armengar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description ?!
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 12, 2002, 13:37
Total Comments 1311 (Pro)
User ID 12814

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > John Cena to Star in Duke Nukem Movie?
17. Re: John Cena to Star in Duke Nukem Movie? Jan 23, 2018, 13:43 Armengar

alien bastards are gonna pay for shooting up my ride  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Trek Online Anniversary Plans
2. Re: Star Trek Online Anniversary Plans Jan 18, 2018, 02:40 Armengar

hang about in redditchat there are loads of us who would help you out.  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter One Beta This Month
17. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jan 13, 2018, 10:41 Armengar

zoom. now try in a wing of 4 and you will see what i mean about unoptomised. my 1070 and oculus struggles with 60+ and drops to low 30s in a wing. i imagine you need some serious serious grunt to get 90+ in a full wing.  

13. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jan 12, 2018, 17:34 Armengar

wowbagger. go to rhea and run passenger missions. a low level type 6 fitted with economy passenger bays will net you 20mil a trip. the trip takes 30mins realtime so watch a netflix show or two.

then use the money to outfit a vulture and have fun killing things.

even unoptomised and unfinished plus rough round the edges, this game RULES in VR. seriously, it it were polished it would be the VR posterchild.

dogfighting with flight assist off is amazing. visibly duciing when dock8ng is great too.

9. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter One Beta This Month Jan 12, 2018, 15:54 Armengar

thargoids are back and are attacking stations. thats a pretty big thing to see. stations on fire is awesome.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 All Backers Test
31. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 All Backers Test Dec 24, 2017, 09:47 Armengar

you can also offset interest on tax payments thus using your capital as an investment vehicle.  

News Comments > World of Tanks Plans Major Changes; Offers New Engine Demo
13. Re: World of Tanks Plans Major Changes; Offers New Engine Demo Dec 24, 2017, 07:52 Armengar

i played wot for about 4 years. had a wn8 of just over 1900 with a mean of tier 7, our platoon FLOG was a decent platoon but we pretty much all quit at the same time. the cheating originally used to be subtle and not really an advantage but exploded over the last year or so; simply look at a website such as plazmakeks and you will see why you shouldnt bother. aimbots are rampant, fallen tree mapmods, foliage removal, weakspot skins, armour pen notifiers, rangefinders, even 'friend data' mods that transmit data between 'friend' clients regarding qhat they can see you can see, minmap tank and turret orientation.

the argument is always "this data isnt secret" but all of the above in a simple mod is an insane advantage.

until they sort the cheats im not coming back.

News Comments > World of Tanks Plans Major Changes; Offers New Engine Demo
3. Re: World of Tanks Plans Major Changes; Offers New Engine Demo Dec 23, 2017, 17:30 Armengar

will this stop all the rampant cheating mods i wonder? i stopped playing a year ago due to the mass cheating and no desire from wargaming to stop it.  

News Comments > Valve AU Fine Upheld
4. Re: Valve AU Fine Upheld Dec 22, 2017, 16:36 Armengar

beacuse they do business in the country selling to citizens of the country and even say they adhere to the laws of the country. however they werent adhering to the laws regarding refunds. this was the same in the EU.  

News Comments > Get Layers of Fear and Soundtrack for Free
12. Re: Get Layers of Fear and Soundtrack for Free Dec 19, 2017, 18:54 Armengar

its not even manual really. you get an email 1 min afterwards. click a link in the email. click a link to redeem in steam via browser.

i did the lot in 2 mins on the bus commute.

News Comments > Obsidian Denounces Loot Boxes and Microtransactions
30. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 17, 2017, 07:18 Armengar

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 17:55:
For those reminiscing about the meatiness of 90s era shooter expansion packs, I strongly urge you to play one, or several, again: your play through will not break 5 hours, and most will last between 3 and 4 hours. Don't get me wrong; some of those expansions were truly excellent (I'm particularly fond of Opposing Force, and Quake 2's first expansion) but they did not offer dramatically more content than a typical $15-20 DLC today. (Opposing Force is a bit of an exception since it had so many new weapons, monsters, multiplayer maps, and an official CTF mode with runes, even if its core campaign is only about 4 hours long.)

really? games in the 90s didnt really NEED dlc or expansions they were simply decent games duke nukem, shadow warrior, quake, wolfenstein? elite (to be fair that was 80s really) frontier, freelancer? interstate 76, just about ANY scumm engined game. or maybe any lucasarts game. dont even start on xwing/tie fighter/etc.

im struggling to think of many 90s games that weren't long lasting in terms of gameplay. i can reel off plenty of 80s games too.

News Comments > Valve Cashing Out of Bitcoin
20. Re: Valve Cashing Out of Bitcoin Dec 7, 2017, 15:44 Armengar

paysafe cards are invisible. they are only as good as their PIN. you exchange cash for them and can yransfer the PIN as you see fit. Steam accepts paysafecard. same principle.  

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Online Mists of Ravenloft Launches
2. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Mists of Ravenloft Launches Dec 7, 2017, 15:08 Armengar

i gave up after a few levels too. it hecame painfully obvious that this was going to be a major money sink if you didnt want to grind the same area over and over.  

News Comments > Jetball Early Access
1. Re: Jetball Early Access Dec 6, 2017, 14:05 Armengar

shazbot!  

News Comments > Evening Patches
4. Re: Evening Patches Dec 5, 2017, 03:00 Armengar

the damage is done. changes now are to keep existing players hooked so they can sell some sort of box to someone when the furore dies down.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Land Rush
54. Re: Star Citizen Land Rush Nov 29, 2017, 17:29 Armengar

i think 'lol' adequately covers my feelings for this.  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Nov 29, 2017, 02:16 Armengar

RS2 is hard. Much harder than RO2 or RS. Ive got over 500hrs in RO2 and RS and couldnt even get started in RS2. The helo is as gimmicky as the tank unfortunately. I really wanted to like the game but couldnt.

By all means have a go but unless you are twitch good then be prepared to be schooled hard.

News Comments > Get Flight Unlimited 2K16 for Free
2. Re: Get Flight Unlimited 2K16 for Free Nov 25, 2017, 15:37 Armengar

i use windows 10 ltsb. no store for me so no game. then again no stupid forced upgrades either. or silly baked in apps.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Nov 19, 2017, 14:50 Armengar

weel the fact LTSB 1511 has YEARS of support left, im jot teally surprised.  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Celebrates Five Years with Patch, Skins, and Sale
2. Re: Natural Selection 2 Celebrates Five Years with Patch, Skins, and Sale Oct 28, 2017, 13:34 Armengar

dead toxic game. even as a returning player (long time NS1 and beta NS2 player before quitting after a few years due to performance issues) i thought id gove it a go again. wish i hadnt, most servers are dead and the ones that arent are pretty hostile. i managed to get banned from a chair because i wasnt a regular (we werent losing, i used to be a good commander) aand the alien teams were pretty naff.

combat mod imploded a long time ago as the makers went all granduer with standalone ideas (thinking they could get away with using ns2 unlicensed somehow). most of the main community hated combat players and the devs didnt like them much either.

I loved NS1 and soooo wanted NS2 to work but unfortunately too little too late.

1311 Comments. 66 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo