Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Armengar

Real Name Armengar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Armengar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ?!
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 12, 2002, 13:37
Total Comments 1148 (Pro)
User ID 12814

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly & Roadmap
3. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly & Roadmap Apr 15, 2017, 13:55 Armengar

Star citizen post with public comments?

DANGER WILL ROBINSON! DANGER!

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 14, 2017, 06:16 Armengar

Im lucky that i have access to both LTSB and W10 enterprise but im STILL using 7 on my gaming pc. 10 sucks. Ill simply not buy a new CPU until i really have to, even then maybe an oem one that circumvents this.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2017, 04:55 Armengar

I liked doctor strange too. Ive not ready any comic books and wh8lst geeky 8 dont know the backstories. I dont care for most of the avengers or most of the sequels either. Loved GotGalaxy though.  

News Comments > Gearbox Issues Ultimatum to G2A
14. Re: Gearbox Issues Ultimatum to G2A Apr 7, 2017, 03:37 Armengar

I always thought G2A was a marketplace rather than a reseller. I didn't know they actually sold from devs/publishers direct. Ironically enough this will make me look at them more.

The problem I have always had with the likes of G2A and Kinguin etc is that you have no idea where the key originated from and that makes a difference for me. If the key originates from a stolen credit card then I want no part in it. The same for "stolen" keys (i.e. leaked employee keys) - not all are cancelled.

If they are simply resold "grey" keys then I'm fine with that; I can order a "thing" from Malaysia (for example) and have it shipped over if I care, why cant I order a "key" and do the same? I could pay some guy in "somewhere" to photograph a key-on-a-box if I so cared so G2A simplifies it.

Cant see the outrage. Afterall, ebay have just as many crooks and thieves trying to sell in the market.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 DLC Sharing
13. Re: Battlefield 1 DLC Sharing Apr 5, 2017, 06:38 Armengar

Im a teacher too, I run an FPS games club at school. It is hilarious for "sir" to beat the youngsters (we play TF2 mainly).  

News Comments > Cheat Maker Owes Blizzard $8.5M
18. Re: Cheat Maker Owes Blizzard $8.5M Apr 5, 2017, 06:33 Armengar

Suppa7 wrote on Apr 4, 2017, 21:21:
MajorD wrote on Apr 4, 2017, 11:18:
I don't know what is worse; a company that sells cheats, or the twits who purchase them.

Can't be anyworse than those who paid for mmo's, steam drm infested malware games or denuvo infested games.

So pirate or GOG things then? Having used steam for a very long time (I have a 5 digit steam ID) I can count on one hand the times that steam DRM has been an issue for me. I remember having to use my mobile as an access point to offline a bunch of people at a lan meeting once, I also remember leaving my mobile at home so I couldn't 2 factor log in too. Apart from that I suppose im lucky enough never to have had an issue.

I have also played D3 since launch night and again have had very few issues in the hundreds of hours played. I cant speak for denuvo - until you mentioned it I had no idea what it was. MMO wise, I don't play any subscription MMOs any more but when I did I was quite aware on the yearly cost and didn't mind paying it for the entertainment return I got. Afterall, time enjoyed wise it was cheaper than drinking wine.

News Comments > New Heroes of the Storm Hero; Loot Chest Updates
2. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 5, 2017, 06:27 Armengar

Apart from starcraft I cant think of one that didn't involve grind. I cant comment on the NES games as I never played them.  

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Free Week+
4. Re: PAYDAY 2 Free Week+ Apr 4, 2017, 03:08 Armengar

There was a big patch this time last year. The patch changed the skill system radically. Some say for the better othets for the worse. They have also radically changed the difficulty settings too making it quite diverse now.

DLC isnt too bad as you can join games even if you dont have the dlc. I haven't bought any dlc and have a decent time. Cheating is rampant though as the code and checks are lua client side. However being a coop game it isnt really an issue.

Id certainly give it another go.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 1, 2017, 05:21 Armengar

And pointless. I havent seen a single use of having 30mb on my phone. In fact inless signal strenght is concernbi disable 4g for battery life  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 DLC Sharing
10. Re: Battlefield 1 DLC Sharing Mar 31, 2017, 12:48 Armengar

If 25 years old is a veteran. WTF is a 55 year old....  

News Comments > Diablo III Adding Build Switching and Perfect Items
9. Re: New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews Mar 18, 2017, 05:34 Armengar

Im still playing D3 on and off as i have done since launch night. Im yet to play a monk properly. Still a lot of play left in it for me as there is a lot of variation.

My main gripe is lack of storgage space as i want tthe loot to run variations.

Some people will complain whatever happens. Doesnt really matter

News Comments > MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs?
15. Re: MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs? Mar 16, 2017, 12:26 Armengar

We use W7 at work, we also have a W10 image (software assurance with full downgrade rights). I hate W10 with a passion. so many things that were easy in W7 are difficult in W10 (from an admin point of view).

simple things such as setting a domain start menu and taskbar are a REAL pain in W10, even the proper GPOs don't work fully as advertised. Edge is a mess in terms of GPOs - even chrome has better enterprise support than edge!

The newer hardware drivers have nothing to do with MS, it is up to the manufacturer to support, not MS. This is some crap move by MS to force people onto their advert platform.

10. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 8, 2017, 15:00 Armengar

Another sysadmin here and a vote against macs. We had ipads and the hardest thing to do was transfer videos and photos from the tablet to a pc or another mac. Syncing was jot what they eanted as that brought loads of junk to their area (communal tablets). Using standalone cameras they simply used it as a USB device.

The macs didnt use office well, too many crashes so people went back to PCs.

News Comments > Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Sells 1M - Free DLC
2. Re: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Sells 1M - Free DLC Mar 8, 2017, 14:02 Armengar

Juat picked it up cheap on humble bundle. Ive yet to play it.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 6, 2017, 03:10 Armengar

I thought the artcile was going to bring back such nostagia as command line based altavista search engine pages.

And yes i do ise lynx on headless servers

News Comments > AMD Ryzen Reviews
15. Re: AMD Ryzen Reviews Mar 2, 2017, 11:50 Armengar

still running my 2500k at 4.0ghz on air. No plans to change. I think ive had that cpu for about 5 years now.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2017, 11:47 Armengar

FFS blue where was my free content that i havent paid for? How dare you not bother to do an unpaid job!

Im sure you can be forgiven. I dont even remember you missing a day in the 15 years ive been posting.

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 17, 2017, 05:46 Armengar

4g is crap enough round these parts. 5G and gigabit will be a waste of time for us.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 16, 2017, 06:53 Armengar

Well good luck to you. I used to take my family to Florida each year (we live in the UK), we love Disney (3 kids). We used to "buy" some of my friends time share and take a two to three week break. For the past three years we haven't bothered due to the worsening treatment at the airports. As soon as they see a foreign passport (I have dual nationality with Ireland, wife has Dual with France - it doesn't matter which passport we travel on) you have to go to a pre screening security, post check in security and additional gate security. It started off as a 3 hour needed and the last time we went it was 4 hours.

Fuck that, that's an entire day wasted at the airport. So instead we have been going to other countries - Japan is now our favourite (via Hong Kong) as we get both parks and a decent connecting set of flights. We aren't the only ones voting with our wallets too.

News Comments > Origin Access Free Trial
1. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 15, 2017, 12:38 Armengar

Thanks, but no.  

1148 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo