Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steele Johnson

Real Name Steele Johnson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Steele Johnson
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 5, 2002, 20:41
Total Comments 1058 (Pro)
User ID 12787

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Windows 10 Outperforms SteamOS
31. Re: Windows 10 Outperforms SteamOS Nov 13, 2015, 19:41 Steele Johnson

Paranoid Jack wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 11:02:
Does Steam OS also hang like Windows 10 for up to a minute at times for no apparent reason while opening just about anything/everything?

I don't have a Steam Machine so all I can comment on is 10. I regret trying out the free upgrade. It is better than Windows 8 but is not really ready for prime time. My up to date Nvidia drives are constantly crashing in aps and while using the edge browser. YouTube videos are also going black screen with only audio. I think this weekend is rollback time.

You've got something else going on and not necessarily a Window 10 thing. I've been building my own gaming rigs for years, and Win10 flies on my 4 year old machine. I haven't had one crash and I play a lot of games. And I really push this thing hard with gaming, programming, music recording, etc, and it just feels like the most stable OS they've ever made. I even have apps that were released 10 years ago that still work. Even my audio interface that's 8 years old still works even with the old drivers! Does anyone have that kind of backwards compatibilty with OS X or Linux? No freakin' way! Hate MS all you want, but the alternatives aren't that great either.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 13, 2015, 19:21 Steele Johnson

Wow, Tim Cook making desperate comments. That kind of thing is just showing everyone that Apple's greatness is getting trimmed down day after day without Steve Jobs. It's inevitable that this company can't sustain without him. Just a matter of time. Also, the iPad is generally an output device, meaning, you mostly read than input anything that leads to productivity. It's just not a productivity computer. And I know for the past 10 years or so, it has been cool to hate Microsoft (and some of the hate they deserve), but with their new leadership, they've turned things around pretty darn fast. They fixed all the things everyone hated about 8.1 (which was nit-picky in my opinion), they've got some pretty amazing devices (Surface Book, HoloLens, etc), they're on the right track for a unified OS, they're top contenders in the cloud hosting wars, etc, etc. At the end of the day, businesses still need to be productive and you just can't do that very well with Apple products.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed
50. Re: Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed Oct 11, 2015, 20:14 Steele Johnson

Even with all the hate and mistrust towards the developer, I'm still kind of getting excited about his game. All the gameplay vids I've seen doesn't remind me of anything else, and that's a good thing! I really hope they succeed because this game could be a "game changer" by making the genre fairly popular. It would be really cool if lots of people played this game. The possibilities are endless!  

News Comments > Mordheim: City of the Damned Trailer
6. Re: Mordheim: City of the Damned Trailer Oct 10, 2015, 01:24 Steele Johnson

This game looks great!  

News Comments > The Witcher III Patched
18. Re: The Witcher III Patched Oct 10, 2015, 01:22 Steele Johnson

My kind of game.  

News Comments > Cloud Imperium Games Layoff Report Follow-up
24. Re: Cloud Imperium Games Layoff Report Follow-up Sep 26, 2015, 17:20 Steele Johnson

We're having financial issues, we're kind of "reorging".  

News Comments > Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee Free on Steam
6. Re: Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee Free on Steam Sep 24, 2015, 01:25 Steele Johnson

Cutter wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 19:26:
Free is always nice...even if it is almost 20 years old lol.

It's timeless. Still a fun game!

News Comments > Just Cause 3: Air, Land & Sea Expansion Pass Announced
7. Re: Just Cause 3: Air, Land & Sea Expansion Pass Announced Sep 15, 2015, 13:50 Steele Johnson

The physics in this game sucks. Way too unrealistic (and seems like lazy programming).  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 14, 2015, 23:36 Steele Johnson

kinect didn't take off because of 2 reasons. Most people don't have a big enough space for two people to play at the same time, and most gamers don't want to get off of their asses.  

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Weekend
29. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Weekend Sep 12, 2015, 02:28 Steele Johnson

What a great game! Got my ass kicked soooo many times, but still a great experience!  

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
20. Re: Sunday Interviews Sep 1, 2015, 00:01 Steele Johnson

Any life that's not balanced is going to feel negative effects. It's all about balance.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Social Module Released
121. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 31, 2015, 23:54 Steele Johnson

That Social Module youtube vid is just a guy running around alone doing nothing for hours lol.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
24. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Aug 23, 2015, 22:16 Steele Johnson

Asmodai wrote on Aug 22, 2015, 20:19:
Ozmodan wrote on Aug 22, 2015, 19:49:
Don't know anyone that has a problem with 10.

The biggest problem is that Microsoft has gone full Facebook with this release. They control what patches you get, when you get them (because Microsoft updates are 100% reliable and NEVER EVER tank systems...), they take all sorts of data off you without your knowledge (you give consent in the EULA) and even if you turn off the various privacy invasions, they get turned back on automatically...

I don't mind paying a full price for a product, but this whole "get the upgrade free and sign over your rights for life" bullshit... No thanks.

Please explain to us what information they take from you.

News Comments > Some Star Citizen Refunds
38. Re: Some Star Citizen Refunds Aug 21, 2015, 15:33 Steele Johnson

So after that barrage of news for the past several years about how much money their kickstarter generated, now we're going to hear how much they're giving back for the next several years?  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
10. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Aug 17, 2015, 02:08 Steele Johnson

Don't let the Linux bs fool you.

Ubuntu is spyware

News Comments > Paladins Announced
9. Re: Paladins Announced Aug 4, 2015, 00:35 Steele Johnson

This is their big game announcement? Yawn. Now that they've abandoned the Tribes franchise, they're irrelevant.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
25. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 3, 2015, 17:55 Steele Johnson

Star Citizen: largest mass refund in kickstarter history! haha  

News Comments > Diablo III Kanaiís Cube Previewed
21. Re: Diablo III Kanaiís Cube Previewed Jul 29, 2015, 01:16 Steele Johnson

I really liked this game. I may create a new char and run through it again after the patch.  

News Comments > Hi-Rez Unveiling New Game at Gamescom
1. Re: Hi-Rez Unveiling New Game at Gamescom Jul 24, 2015, 14:38 Steele Johnson

Would a Starsiege: Tribes remake be too much to hope for?  

News Comments > Win10 Gamer Primer
46. Re: Win10 Gamer Primer Jul 23, 2015, 09:05 Steele Johnson

I'm absolutely upgrading. I like win8.1 much better than win7, and win10 is just a better, more polished version of it. Bring it on!  

1058 Comments. 53 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo