Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steele Johnson

Real Name Steele Johnson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Steele Johnson
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 5, 2002, 20:41
Total Comments 1050 (Pro)
User ID 12787

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Far Cry: Primal Specs
18. Re: Far Cry: Primal Specs Jan 9, 2016, 11:43 Steele Johnson

This game seems hardly worth buying. Wrap a new skin around FC4, remove a bunch of features (including co-op), call it a new game. Sorry Ubisoft, not going to fall for this crap.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Oculus Rift Preorders Wednesday
25. Re: Oculus Rift Preorders Wednesday Jan 4, 2016, 18:41 Steele Johnson

I'm going to wait for 2.0 and see how that does. I'm thinking the intial response from people will be that they're amazed that they can look all around, but then that initial first impression will wear off fast and then they'll start thinking about how good it could be if the technology was better.  

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: On Sale Jan 2, 2016, 21:48 Steele Johnson

Worst Steam winter sale ever!  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
32. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 28, 2015, 09:25 Steele Johnson

harlock wrote on Dec 27, 2015, 17:22:
really.. like these morons need to bring this up like its a goddamn realization or something..

"i was sittin at home the other day, and it came to me!! like a flash! it was total genius!! nobody is buying computers because nobody needs to use them!!"

seriously, and again... gimme a fucking break

That's not what the author of the article is saying. Go back and read it.

31. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 28, 2015, 09:23 Steele Johnson

harlock wrote on Dec 27, 2015, 16:05:
DangerDog wrote on Dec 27, 2015, 15:25:
harlock wrote on Dec 27, 2015, 13:38:
This is, in my view the reason why the PC market is in trouble. There has been no software created in the last ten years that uses the available hardware.

guy is living in a fucking cave.. where do they find these people and how in the hell are they getting hired

Nope, pretty much true from a business perspective.

Nope - complete bullshit. Heres one for you: Adobe Photoshop. Adobe After Effects. the whole adobe CC, thats just one suite of software that absolutely requires as much horsepower as youve got

not to mention the audio side of things

if you are talking about word processing, then you are a complete fucking idiot because that peaked with DOS

My 5 year old pc runs current photoshop, video editing software, my audio recording software, etc, etc, with no problem. The article is correct. The reason pc sales are slowing is that there hasn't been any big reason to upgrade year after year, and that things like tablets have dominated the casual market. Even current triple A games run good enough on my 5 year old pc with my 5 year old gfx card. I'm not sure why people are disagreeing with the article.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 27, 2015, 09:14 Steele Johnson

MajorD wrote on Dec 26, 2015, 23:09:
I have been using 'bing' search, maps, etc. exclusively for some time now and has/is maturing nicely. Now, if they could just get 'Edge' dialed in correctly......

Yeah, it's really crazy that Google is letting themselves slip in this area. Search is what started it all for them. But I really can't stand thier search results anymore. They filter so much out, while Bing seems to know exactly what you're looking for. I really like the way they list the results, flag problems, etc

3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 20, 2015, 15:46 Steele Johnson

The only way a Winamp relaunch is going to see any chance of success is if it becomes a streaming service like Spotify, etc. But that's stiff competition. I don't see it happening.  

News Comments > Bombshell Trailer
2. Re: Bombshell Trailer Dec 9, 2015, 01:15 Steele Johnson

I can't stand games with this kind of physics model. Might as well just play pinball.  

News Comments > System Shock 3 Teased
25. Re: System Shock 3 Teased Dec 9, 2015, 01:13 Steele Johnson

Bring on the hype train!  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront 40-Player Battle Shown
11. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 40 Player Battle Shown Nov 30, 2015, 21:42 Steele Johnson

it's almost 2016 and online FPS devs are still struggling with # of players? Every 3d game wihether it be pve or pvp should have no problem supporting hundreds of npc and pcs with very minimal lag. the tech has been there for years now so use it!  

News Comments > Thanksgiving Consolidation
9. Re: Thanksgiving Consolidation Nov 27, 2015, 22:26 Steele Johnson

"PS4 sold a massive 11.7 million units in 2015 so far." Who cares? You can get most of the games on any platform. I have both PS4 and XBoxOne and they both have their strengths and weaknesses. What I hate about the PS4 is that they still haven't gotten the wireless controller to timeout after a set time. Why is that so hard? It's f'ing stupid! PS4 might be the better hardware, but the usability is horrible!  

News Comments > System Shock Remake Screenshots
35. Re: System Shock Remake Screenshots Nov 27, 2015, 22:21 Steele Johnson

I played them both when they came out and really enjoyed 2 better than 1. Hopefully if this remake is a success, they'll make a remake of 2.  

News Comments > Windows 10 Outperforms SteamOS
31. Re: Windows 10 Outperforms SteamOS Nov 13, 2015, 19:41 Steele Johnson

Paranoid Jack wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 11:02:
Does Steam OS also hang like Windows 10 for up to a minute at times for no apparent reason while opening just about anything/everything?

I don't have a Steam Machine so all I can comment on is 10. I regret trying out the free upgrade. It is better than Windows 8 but is not really ready for prime time. My up to date Nvidia drives are constantly crashing in aps and while using the edge browser. YouTube videos are also going black screen with only audio. I think this weekend is rollback time.

You've got something else going on and not necessarily a Window 10 thing. I've been building my own gaming rigs for years, and Win10 flies on my 4 year old machine. I haven't had one crash and I play a lot of games. And I really push this thing hard with gaming, programming, music recording, etc, and it just feels like the most stable OS they've ever made. I even have apps that were released 10 years ago that still work. Even my audio interface that's 8 years old still works even with the old drivers! Does anyone have that kind of backwards compatibilty with OS X or Linux? No freakin' way! Hate MS all you want, but the alternatives aren't that great either.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 13, 2015, 19:21 Steele Johnson

Wow, Tim Cook making desperate comments. That kind of thing is just showing everyone that Apple's greatness is getting trimmed down day after day without Steve Jobs. It's inevitable that this company can't sustain without him. Just a matter of time. Also, the iPad is generally an output device, meaning, you mostly read than input anything that leads to productivity. It's just not a productivity computer. And I know for the past 10 years or so, it has been cool to hate Microsoft (and some of the hate they deserve), but with their new leadership, they've turned things around pretty darn fast. They fixed all the things everyone hated about 8.1 (which was nit-picky in my opinion), they've got some pretty amazing devices (Surface Book, HoloLens, etc), they're on the right track for a unified OS, they're top contenders in the cloud hosting wars, etc, etc. At the end of the day, businesses still need to be productive and you just can't do that very well with Apple products.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed
50. Re: Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed Oct 11, 2015, 20:14 Steele Johnson

Even with all the hate and mistrust towards the developer, I'm still kind of getting excited about his game. All the gameplay vids I've seen doesn't remind me of anything else, and that's a good thing! I really hope they succeed because this game could be a "game changer" by making the genre fairly popular. It would be really cool if lots of people played this game. The possibilities are endless!  

News Comments > Mordheim: City of the Damned Trailer
6. Re: Mordheim: City of the Damned Trailer Oct 10, 2015, 01:24 Steele Johnson

This game looks great!  

News Comments > The Witcher III Patched
18. Re: The Witcher III Patched Oct 10, 2015, 01:22 Steele Johnson

My kind of game.  

News Comments > Cloud Imperium Games Layoff Report Follow-up
24. Re: Cloud Imperium Games Layoff Report Follow-up Sep 26, 2015, 17:20 Steele Johnson

We're having financial issues, we're kind of "reorging".  

News Comments > Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee Free on Steam
6. Re: Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee Free on Steam Sep 24, 2015, 01:25 Steele Johnson

Cutter wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 19:26:
Free is always nice...even if it is almost 20 years old lol.

It's timeless. Still a fun game!

News Comments > Just Cause 3: Air, Land & Sea Expansion Pass Announced
7. Re: Just Cause 3: Air, Land & Sea Expansion Pass Announced Sep 15, 2015, 13:50 Steele Johnson

The physics in this game sucks. Way too unrealistic (and seems like lazy programming).  

1050 Comments. 53 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo