Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steele Johnson

Real Name Steele Johnson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Steele Johnson
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 5, 2002, 20:41
Total Comments 1066 (Pro)
User ID 12787

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 2.5 Nears
3. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.5 Nears Aug 7, 2016, 13:07 Steele Johnson

{PH}88fingers wrote on Aug 7, 2016, 12:51:
Wasn't the studio supposed to be broke by now?
where are all the idiots who were spamming how they had no money left and that it would be closed up by march of this year.

Or when is this new date? Will it all blow up in October?
I'm curious where all the professional arm char developers are, always love hearing their massive expertise in game making and how after 4 years we should have had the best game ever by now.

Maybe they don't care about the game anymore? Truthfully, I was pretty pumped about this game up until a year or so ago. But it has been in development (pre-alpha/alpha) for so long now, I've kind of lost interest. Just wondering if we'll see the imminent "we're switching to a new graphics engine" announcement at some point.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Overwatch Bans
9. Re: More Overwatch Bans Aug 2, 2016, 01:13 Steele Johnson

I love this game yet have no desire to play it due to cheaters. I paid full price for the freakin game and the cheaters ruined it. F'n pussies! And it's so obvious when someone cheats in this game. Why in hell is it so easy to make these stupid cheat tools?  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
35. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 31, 2016, 22:29 Steele Johnson

I don't like Windows 10 or Microsoft's BS as much as the next person, but a good deal of what I've been hearing from people about Windows 10 crosses the line between actual issues into clueless griping.

It's clueless griping. It just makes them look like total idiots.

News Comments > Supreme Ruler Trump Rising DLC Tomorrow
6. Re: Supreme Ruler Trump Rising DLC Tomorro Jul 25, 2016, 23:25 Steele Johnson

Ozmodan wrote on Jul 25, 2016, 22:05:
It seems both of the major parties are in disarray. Kind of funny actually.

What would be really funny if a 3rd party snuck in and stole the election.

Personally I think all this anti-Trump stuff is pretty much nonsense. You can't do worse on foreign policy than Obama has, the entire middle east mess is his fault, it did not fall apart until well after Bush departed.

Maybe I will vote libertarian this year, can't be any worse than either of those representing the major parties.

Johnson/Weld are actually a good choice. I think he's just a couple percent away from making the national debate. I think it would be really cool to see a Libertarian come out of nowhere and crush both D and R! Nothing can get done anymore because both parties will lambast the other. So maybe it's time the American people bring in a 3rd party to shake things up! Johnson/Weld for President!

News Comments > Windows Gaming Survey
18. Re: Windows Gaming Survey Jul 9, 2016, 01:24 Steele Johnson

I took the survey and was honest with my answers. I'm willing to give them a chance to clean up their mess.  

News Comments > Turbine Layoffs
6. Re: Turbine Layoffs Jul 8, 2016, 16:14 Steele Johnson

Now that smartphones and tablets have lost their luster and are old and kind of boring, are there really that many people still interested in mobile games? I played a bunch when smartphones were in their heyday, but I never really got pulled into anything like the way pc games did in the '90s. Maybe it's that it is very accessible for the ultra casual gamer? I just don't see the appeal.  

News Comments > The Technomancer Released
23. Re: The Technomancer Released Jun 30, 2016, 08:38 Steele Johnson

It's as if game designers don't even know what gamers want anymore. Why do companies waste their time and money on this crap? It's not like they're going to profit very much, if at all.  

News Comments > Whore of the Orient Cancelled?
15. Re: Whore of the Orient Cancelled? Jun 24, 2016, 18:48 Steele Johnson

I really enjoyed L.A. Noire. It was different, had unique graphics (best facial animations I've ever seen), interesting missions, and was good quality. I was really looking forward to another game.  

News Comments > It Came from E3 2016, Part 5
4. Re: It Came from E3 2016, Part 5 Jun 21, 2016, 00:26 Steele Johnson

What, no Star Citizen?  

News Comments > Oculus Touch Titles Revealed; Controllers Still MIA
10. Re: Oculus Touch Titles Revealed; Controllers Still MIA Jun 15, 2016, 01:37 Steele Johnson

What a disaster this thing is. I suppose we all predicted it when they got acquired by FB.  

News Comments > Quake Champions Announced
45. Re: Quake Champions Announced Jun 13, 2016, 23:25 Steele Johnson

Games are really evolving into something new and exciting!

/sarcasm

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
14. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 8, 2016, 17:24 Steele Johnson

My phone is almost 2 generations old and still runs the apps that I use just fine. My pc is almost 5 years old (even the gfx card) and still runs current games at an acceptable frame rate.

The issue is that there's nothing interesting with hardware that causes programmers to do something new and different for the average consumer. You're limited to what the hardware can do. 3D games, spreadsheets, word processors, video editing, audio editing, media players, CAD programs, all have been around for a long time. Not to mention that most productivity apps run in a browser now.

I'm thinking that we really need a whole new paradigm shift, like really pushing towards quantum computers and things like AR to create another hardware/software bubble. Otherwise, we'll continues to make the same apps over and over again with just different features.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 in November
19. Re: Watch Dogs 2 in November Jun 8, 2016, 17:12 Steele Johnson

The concept was good in the first one, but lacked in fun factor.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 7, 2016, 23:45 Steele Johnson

EA needs to give up on the sports games. NHL 16 was so bad that it seemed like the game was an afterthought.  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Total War: WARHAMMER
17. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Total War: WARHAMMER May 25, 2016, 01:05 Steele Johnson

Nick W wrote on May 25, 2016, 00:38:
Already learned my lesson about buying Total Wars at launch...

Yeah, I bought 2 of the games and both would crash like 20 minutes into the game (especially Empire) and I eventually gave up on the Total War series. As much as I enjoy Warhammer theme, I doubt I'll go for this. Maybe if it's $9.99 on Steam someday.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
23. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 23, 2016, 22:43 Steele Johnson

Mr. Anisotonic wrote on May 23, 2016, 22:05:
lol, I really hope VR just tanks and goes Virtual Boy and you're all stuck playing in 2D with shit frame rates at a needlessly high res for the next 10 years bwahahahaha

pc gamers sure deserve no less after collectively shitting on 3D like they did...

This could actually happen. Software is lagging behind hardware more and more as time goes on. I mean, look at the state of computer hardware today. Very powerful cpus, amazing gpus, extremely fast memory, all run pretty efficiently. Now look at the software. The features we're seeing in games, 3D engines, audio processing has been taking baby steps compared to hardware. And it's all the same kind of games we've been playing for years, with just minor tweaks to the features. Software needs to take a big giant leap forward, or else the video game industry is going to crash. It has to at some point. People can only play the same sh1t over and over for so long. The industry needs something mind-blowing, and it ain't going to be hardware. We already have mind-blowing hardware, just nothing to show for it.

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 1080 Review Roundup
63. Re: NVIDIA GTX 1080 Review Roundup May 18, 2016, 00:50 Steele Johnson

I'm more interested in how the prices of their other cards will change.  

News Comments > Microsoft Improving UWP Gaming
5. Re: Microsoft Improving UWP Gaming May 10, 2016, 23:56 Steele Johnson

Cutter wrote on May 10, 2016, 23:12:
Sepharo wrote on May 10, 2016, 21:22:
Sometimes complaining does work.

MS always seems to be long on talk and short on delivery.

What do you mean? You all complained about no Start menu in Windows 8 and they delivered lol

News Comments > DOOM @ 200 FPS Under Vulkan
49. Re: DOOM @ 200 FPS Under Vulkan May 9, 2016, 23:46 Steele Johnson

High-end gfx hardware to play '90s game mechanics. Exciting!  

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 1000 Series Announced
18. Re: NVIDIA GTX 1000 Series Announced May 7, 2016, 12:28 Steele Johnson

Software has slipped pretty far behind hardware at this point. Multi-core cpus, high-end graphics chipsets, all for software that can run on 6 year old hardware. If it wasn't for the processing demand of VR, there would be no reason to upgrade (and I'm not upgrading for VR 1.0). What's the point of all this if game genres aren't evolving and the same game mechanics work pretty well with older hardware? Software is lacking bigtime.  

1066 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo