Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steele Johnson

Real Name Steele Johnson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Steele Johnson
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 5, 2002, 20:41
Total Comments 1043 (Pro)
User ID 12787

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Lawmakers Dropping F2P; Launching on Steam
12. Re: Lawmakers Dropping F2P; Launching on Steam Mar 18, 2016, 09:55 Steele Johnson

Yay, another arena shooter! zzzzzz  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $110M
44. Re: Star Citizen Passes $110M Mar 15, 2016, 01:44 Steele Johnson

Who are these morons paying thousands for a jpeg?  

News Comments > The Division Tips
29. Re: The Division Tips Mar 10, 2016, 00:49 Steele Johnson

Undocumented Alien wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 12:32:
It's not getting great reviews on STEAM (mixed), not that is the be-all-end-all, but makes me hesitant to pull the trigger to drop $60 on it right now. Hopefully they'll have a free weekend trial at some point.

Sounds like most of you are having fun though!

The only games that get good reviews on Steam are indie games that look like they were made in the 80s. This thread is a bit more trustworthy.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Mar 9, 2016, 01:11 Steele Johnson

The hype is fizzling out for this. Maybe now they'll surprise us someday.  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Released
28. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Released Mar 9, 2016, 01:06 Steele Johnson

Nice graphics when it works. Crappy, boring gameplay.  

News Comments > Black Desert Online Launches
17. Re: Black Desert Online Launches Mar 4, 2016, 01:33 Steele Johnson

same ol', same ol'.

When will this genre evolve? It's so darn stagnant.

News Comments > The Division NVIDIA Trailer
12. Re: The Division NVIDIA Trailer Mar 2, 2016, 08:58 Steele Johnson

Looks great, but will this be another game that's mostly about visuals and lacking in the gameplay department? All the gameplay videos I've seen looks like you just spam your weapon trigger until a mob goes down. In fact, I've seen videos where you could be point blank and you still need to shoot several times in the head before they go down. I'm not a big fan of that kind of lazy gameplay.  

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Released
15. Re: Far Cry Primal Released Mar 2, 2016, 01:32 Steele Johnson

This one has Steam sale written all over it.  

News Comments > The Division Free With NVIDIA Cards
8. Re: The Division Free With NVIDIA Cards Feb 18, 2016, 01:22 Steele Johnson

Is this game still nothing but spamming your weapon like a 2003 arcady shooter? I saw a couple gameplay videos a few months back and it was nothing but bullet spraying with players and npcs barely taking damage.  

News Comments > Warren Spector Joining Otherside for System Shock 3
34. Re: Warren Spector Joining Otherside for System Shock 3 Feb 18, 2016, 01:16 Steele Johnson

Great news!  

News Comments > Black Desert Online Name Reservations, Beta Details
5. Re: Black Desert Online Name Reservations, Beta Details Feb 9, 2016, 21:26 Steele Johnson

Wallshadows wrote on Feb 9, 2016, 16:16:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 9, 2016, 12:42:
I don't know about the game but the website appears to be a Guild Wars 2 ripoff.

Seriously. Right down to the font!

It doesn't look anything like it. Not even the same font.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Beta This Week
3. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Beta This Week Jan 26, 2016, 22:27 Steele Johnson

It takes 5 shots to the head point blank to take someone down. Spam those guns, man!  

News Comments > Over 1M Blade & Soul Players
5. Re: Over 1M Blade & Soul Players Jan 25, 2016, 23:12 Steele Johnson

Same routine, different game. People download and play the game hoping that it's the mmorpg that takes the genre to the next level (no pun), only to be disappointed when they realize that it's the same ol' same ol' with a different skin. The mmorpg genre is pretty much dead for the west (meaning most western devs aren't taking a chance with this genre anymore), and the east just continues to stick to the same grind, grind, grind Asian OCD formula. 1 million subscriptions to 100,000 active subscriptions in a month. You'll see. Same routine.

This comment was edited on Jan 26, 2016, 01:54.

News Comments > Far Cry: Primal Specs
18. Re: Far Cry: Primal Specs Jan 9, 2016, 11:43 Steele Johnson

This game seems hardly worth buying. Wrap a new skin around FC4, remove a bunch of features (including co-op), call it a new game. Sorry Ubisoft, not going to fall for this crap.  

News Comments > Oculus Rift Preorders Wednesday
25. Re: Oculus Rift Preorders Wednesday Jan 4, 2016, 18:41 Steele Johnson

I'm going to wait for 2.0 and see how that does. I'm thinking the intial response from people will be that they're amazed that they can look all around, but then that initial first impression will wear off fast and then they'll start thinking about how good it could be if the technology was better.  

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: On Sale Jan 2, 2016, 21:48 Steele Johnson

Worst Steam winter sale ever!  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
32. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 28, 2015, 09:25 Steele Johnson

harlock wrote on Dec 27, 2015, 17:22:
really.. like these morons need to bring this up like its a goddamn realization or something..

"i was sittin at home the other day, and it came to me!! like a flash! it was total genius!! nobody is buying computers because nobody needs to use them!!"

seriously, and again... gimme a fucking break

That's not what the author of the article is saying. Go back and read it.

31. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 28, 2015, 09:23 Steele Johnson

harlock wrote on Dec 27, 2015, 16:05:
DangerDog wrote on Dec 27, 2015, 15:25:
harlock wrote on Dec 27, 2015, 13:38:
This is, in my view the reason why the PC market is in trouble. There has been no software created in the last ten years that uses the available hardware.

guy is living in a fucking cave.. where do they find these people and how in the hell are they getting hired

Nope, pretty much true from a business perspective.

Nope - complete bullshit. Heres one for you: Adobe Photoshop. Adobe After Effects. the whole adobe CC, thats just one suite of software that absolutely requires as much horsepower as youve got

not to mention the audio side of things

if you are talking about word processing, then you are a complete fucking idiot because that peaked with DOS

My 5 year old pc runs current photoshop, video editing software, my audio recording software, etc, etc, with no problem. The article is correct. The reason pc sales are slowing is that there hasn't been any big reason to upgrade year after year, and that things like tablets have dominated the casual market. Even current triple A games run good enough on my 5 year old pc with my 5 year old gfx card. I'm not sure why people are disagreeing with the article.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 27, 2015, 09:14 Steele Johnson

MajorD wrote on Dec 26, 2015, 23:09:
I have been using 'bing' search, maps, etc. exclusively for some time now and has/is maturing nicely. Now, if they could just get 'Edge' dialed in correctly......

Yeah, it's really crazy that Google is letting themselves slip in this area. Search is what started it all for them. But I really can't stand thier search results anymore. They filter so much out, while Bing seems to know exactly what you're looking for. I really like the way they list the results, flag problems, etc

3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 20, 2015, 15:46 Steele Johnson

The only way a Winamp relaunch is going to see any chance of success is if it becomes a streaming service like Spotify, etc. But that's stiff competition. I don't see it happening.  

1043 Comments. 53 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo