Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Steele Johnson

Real Name Steele Johnson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Steele Johnson
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 5, 2002, 20:41
Total Comments 1462 (Pro)
User ID 12787

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 12, 2019, 15:28 Steele Johnson

"Facebook's iOS App Caught Using iPhone Camera In The Background While Scrolling."

Defect fixed - "prevent user from seeing active camera in the background"

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Interviews

6. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 11, 2019, 23:56 Steele Johnson

saltedicecream wrote on Nov 11, 2019, 23:21:
I mean I've been really digging VR since the 2016 launch but I'm the odd one out of my friends, you've gotta build yourself up to tolerating a ton of shit to get the most out of it and even then it's pretty fatiguing. Reminds me of old school computer games and everyone thinking I'm crazy to even bother. With the exception of a couple of people, everyone else I know has either boxed up their HMD or sold it. It's always amazing at first but after a few months most just don't want to tolerate it. It's early days and the tech still has a ton of problems, not sure if this push for VR will fizzle out or if we're just in the enthusiast phase

I think most people like to have a sense of their surroundings while gaming. The simple fact that both your eyes and ears are covered is kind of a turnoff (i.e. people feel uneasy about losing all that control). Iím not sure how tech can fix that. I suppose if it really becomes mind-blowing, the tolerance will increase as well.

News Comments > Google Stadia Launch Lineup

7. Re: Google Stadia Launch Lineup Nov 11, 2019, 23:48 Steele Johnson

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 11, 2019, 23:16:
Hopefully this dies immediately, but clearly we are in the darkest timeline, and this will kill off gaming as we knew it.

It could become extremely attractive to developers because thereís no way to pirate (or make it really difficult). And also make consoles, native mobile games, and high cost consumer graphics cards obsolete.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2019, 13:54 Steele Johnson

If the Internet is known for one thing, it's the 30 years of explaining why coffee is both good and bad for you.

Second to that is eggs.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 Released for PC

19. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Released for PC Nov 5, 2019, 13:42 Steele Johnson

I'll hold off until all you guys find the defects. Thanks  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation

5. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 3, 2019, 15:40 Steele Johnson

ď Death Stranding also has a tendency to feel like itís purposely wasting your time. You often have to walk to one location, then return to the old one again, doing a back-and-forth across the map when the missions and interference were already uninteresting.Ē

Sounds like my kind of game

News Comments > Diablo IV Announced

48. Re: Diablo IV Announced Nov 2, 2019, 23:34 Steele Johnson

bigspender wrote on Nov 2, 2019, 18:43:
Steele Johnson wrote on Nov 2, 2019, 11:05:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 2, 2019, 02:48:
Steele Johnson wrote on Nov 1, 2019, 18:58:
It looks like a mobile game. Funny how times change.
I don't think we watched the same trailer.

Iím talking about the gameplay not the cinematics.

Have you mistakenly watched the gameplay for Diablo Immortal instead of Diablo 4?

Diablo Immortal is most definitely a mobile game :-)

Nope. Looks like a mobile game to me. *tap tap tap* *tap tap tap tap*

39. Re: Diablo IV Announced Nov 2, 2019, 11:05 Steele Johnson

jdreyer wrote on Nov 2, 2019, 02:48:
Steele Johnson wrote on Nov 1, 2019, 18:58:
I don't think we watched the same trailer.

Iím talking about the gameplay not the cinematics.

News Comments > Overwatch 2 Announced

8. Re: Overwatch 2 Announced Nov 1, 2019, 23:21 Steele Johnson

I've been playing this game competitively for 4 years. It will be interesting to see how the new one will play given the amount of time I've invested in this one. I remember playing Left 4 Dead religiously for years until the 2nd one came out. But the second one was horrible and stopped playing after just a few matches.  

3. Re: Diablo IV Announced Nov 1, 2019, 18:58 Steele Johnson

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2019, 09:44 Steele Johnson

Wow, IGN gave Death Stranding a 6.8, and they're the 10/10 reviewers haha! I should have known that the need to grind, stemming from the eastern gaming culture (in this case, walking simulator and grinding through terrain) wouldn't translate well in the west. Oh well, another triple-A letdown.  

News Comments > Rumored Diablo 4 Details

3. Re: Rumored Diablo 4 Details Oct 31, 2019, 12:51 Steele Johnson

If it's true, they'll have to change the gameplay style a bit. The Hack'n Slash rpg genre is kind of dead. It was cool in the 90s and early 2000s, but now, it's just rather bland. I ran though D3 mainly for nostalgia and not for the old and tired gameplay.  

News Comments > New Steam Library Launches

26. Re: New Steam Library Launches Oct 31, 2019, 11:49 Steele Johnson

I think the new Library is ok. I like the shelving feature and filters, and I don't mind the "What's New" shelf. In fact, I may set the startup to show Library now (the Store view just looks like a big Walmart sale of cheap items).

To unclutter, I just go into settings and change Library to "Small", then click on the little blue arrow icon to display "Show only ready to play". The extensive filtering is an added bonus. I also like how I can add a shelf for friend activity. It's very convenient.

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 2019, 12:46.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2019, 14:12 Steele Johnson

Sorry for your loss, Blue. Condolences to you in yours.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend

28. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend Oct 30, 2019, 12:41 Steele Johnson

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 30, 2019, 11:50:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 30, 2019, 11:33:
Only 26 comments. Star Citizen threads aren't what they used to be.
fatigue

Or maybe it has been in dev for so long, the current gen of gamers don't know about it (or care)

News Comments > Death Stranding Coming to PC

4. Re: Death Stranding Coming to PC Oct 29, 2019, 16:59 Steele Johnson

The graphics and artwork look pretty cool. The gameplay still seems a little iffy. It will be interesting to see the reviews.  

News Comments > EA Games Returning to Steam

47. Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 29, 2019, 16:57 Steele Johnson

Kxmode wrote on Oct 29, 2019, 14:18:
MacLeod wrote on Oct 29, 2019, 12:01:
Explain to me, why am I bothering buying it on Steam, when I have to have Origin installed and running and an EA account? I might as well just get it through EA, and run it through Origin, since it has to run anyway.

You DON'T have to buy it on Steam if you prefer Origin. This is for those of us who prefer to buy and play our games on Steam.

You still need Origin installed and running to play the games, so basically you'll have Steam and Origin launcher running side-by-side. What's the advantage? Oh that's right, EA coming back with the tail between their legs. That's about it.

News Comments > Overwatch 2 Announcement at BlizzCon?

4. Re: Overwatch 2 Announcement at BlizzCon? Oct 28, 2019, 12:03 Steele Johnson

chickenboo wrote on Oct 28, 2019, 11:27:
Seems kind of early, Overwatch came out in 2016, didn't it? I wonder if Acti-Blizz is forcing Blizzard's hand. Gotta keep those shareholders happy.

That's a good point. Blizzard is known for working on projects for several years before they're announced, which means they had to have been working on Overwatch 2 before Overwatch came out.

I'd be really surprised if they announce anything remotely interesting to pc gamers. But I've been surprised in the past, so can't rule it out.

News Comments > EA Steam Return Hint

20. Re: EA Steam Return Hint Oct 26, 2019, 22:55 Steele Johnson

Creston wrote on Oct 26, 2019, 15:08:
Steele Johnson wrote on Oct 26, 2019, 13:26:
I love it when a shit publisher feels the pain of their greedy decisions. I hope they fizzle and die

What? You're one of the biggest EGS cheerleaders around here every time they buy an exclusive for their store, but EA going exclusive with their own store makes them a shit publisher who makes greedy decisions?

Well, as long as it makes sense to you, I guess.

Cheerleader? lmao yeah, that's me. No, I'm the guy that's not afraid to buy a game from another source. How does that make me a cheerleader?

EA is getting desperate. That's all it is.

News Comments > EA Steam Return Hint

2. Re: EA Steam Return Hint Oct 26, 2019, 13:26 Steele Johnson

I love it when a shit publisher feels the pain of their greedy decisions. I hope they fizzle and die  

1462 Comments. 74 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >