Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steele Johnson

Real Name Steele Johnson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Steele Johnson
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 5, 2002, 20:41
Total Comments 1159 (Pro)
User ID 12787

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > State of Decay 2 Reviews
43. Re: State of Decay 2 Reviews May 18, 2018, 19:29 Steele Johnson

I had high hopes for this game, but it looks like the devs screwed the pooch. Itís too bad, because they had a good opportunity to make this a great multiplayer game. How did the devs not notice how boring it is while they built and tested it? Didnít the beta testers submit bugs titled ďTHIS IS BORING AS HELLĒ?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Another Developer Banned for Fake Steam Reviews
14. Re: Another Developer Banned for Fake Steam Reviews May 11, 2018, 12:45 Steele Johnson

Iím surprised that in 2018, people still read written game reviews. Geeze, there are dozens of great youtube reviewers, who actually walk you through the good and the bad without spoilers. Why anyone would base a purchase on a written review these days is beyond me. Just go watch some gameplay and make your own decision! Is it really that difficult? lol  

News Comments > State of Decay 2 Technical Beta
17. Re: State of Decay 2 Technical Beta May 1, 2018, 21:38 Steele Johnson

This is one of those games where you can imagine its full potential, but you kind of know youíre going to be disappointed. Iíve had high hopes for this game for a long time, thinking it will be the game that brings the survival genre a little closer to mainstream (i.e worth freakiní playiní). After watching some recent gameplay vids, Iím still not quite sold. The devs really need to tweak the gameplay to be more of an emotional rollercoaster rather than an unwavering flow. I know the game isnít released yet, so Iíll give them that.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2018, 02:37 Steele Johnson

"R.I.P.: Michael Anderson Dead: ĎLoganís Runí Director Was 98."

One of my favorite movies. RIP

News Comments > Blizzard's Announced Competitive PvP Shooter
6. Re: Blizzard's Announced Competitive PvP Shooter Apr 27, 2018, 13:50 Steele Johnson

Overwatch 2? lol  

News Comments > This Is the Police 2 Trailer
11. Re: This Is the Police 2 Trailer Apr 15, 2018, 10:59 Steele Johnson

Cutter wrote on Apr 14, 2018, 11:14:
MT Silver wrote on Apr 14, 2018, 06:03:
Your 'fuck da police' attitude is hilarious. If they announced they were pulling out of your neighborhood you would be shitting your pants and rightly so. These people are all that stands between us and the wolves.

Really? How strange. Plenty of people all over the world live without having police around and they get on just fine. In fact, in most places, police forces are the worst corrupt criminal gangs there are. People are much more afraid of cops than criminals. All cops do is show up after the fact to take notes. The crime clearance rate for cops in NA is less than 30%. That means 8 out of 10 people get away with their crimes. So what the fuck good are they? Give people weapons and the authority to use them and what do you need cops for? And ultimately it says a lot about what a typically paranoid right-wing loon you are if you actually believe for one second that civilization would descend into some lawless dystopia without cops around. You clearly need psychological help more than you need the police.

I think youíve been playing too many fantasy games. What world do YOU live in? lol

News Comments > A Way Out Sells 1M
9. Re: A Way Out Sells 1M Apr 14, 2018, 18:54 Steele Johnson

It proves that fake games still sell haha! If you're going to create a quick time style game, at least make the story good! Maybe the title should be "We got 1 million suckers to buy our interactive crappy movie".  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 3, 2018, 16:25 Steele Johnson

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 3, 2018, 10:29:
$23.5 B, Wow now all the musicians will be insta millionaires.

Spotify has been operating at a loss since they've started. The only way they'll be able to make any money at this point is to pay the record labels less and/or charge the listener a monthly fee.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
27. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 2, 2018, 18:57 Steele Johnson

Alamar wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 15:38:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 15:23:
Wait... this isn't an April Fools' gag? Far Cry 5 is really selling that well?!

Wow... well I'll definitely be interested when the GotY version goes on sale, but it looks like more of the same.

What sequel isn't more of the same? And why is that considered bad?

Because gamers like me expect a developer to "one up" the game before it, and not just in graphics and sound. The problems with a lot of sequels these days is that they just change the skin, add a different story, and tweak the same ol' features (Mass Effect: Andromeda ugh). Far Cry 5 is the perfect example of tweaking rather than making gameplayer better. That's why I'll pick it up on sale a couple years from now. I'm kind of surprised that it's selling so well... must have been the dumbing down that made it more appealing to the casual gamer.

News Comments > R.I.P. Steam Machines?
22. Re: R.I.P. Steam Machines? Apr 2, 2018, 17:15 Steele Johnson

I feel like 99% of the gaming community predicted its demise the day it was announced.  

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Reviews
67. Re: Far Cry 5 Reviews Mar 27, 2018, 17:02 Steele Johnson

Beamer wrote on Mar 26, 2018, 13:14:
Primalchrome wrote on Mar 26, 2018, 11:30:
Loved the original Far Cry. Loved Far Cry 3. Looks like I have to follow the law of Star Trek Movies and get Far Cry 5 since it's an odd number as well....

I thought 4 was much improved over 3, and I loved 3.

I agree. I've played them all they just keep getting better. I love the way they dropped the towers and quest markers in 5. I much rather have an exploration experience with "encounters"

News Comments > Get The Darkness II for Free
15. Re: Get The Darkness II for Free Mar 27, 2018, 16:53 Steele Johnson

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 26, 2018, 21:20:
Odd I was going to say it was one of the worst games I have played.

Same here. The first one was way better. This one was a total disappointment. They couldn't pay me to reinstall.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Mar 27, 2018, 16:51 Steele Johnson

"How to make gold in quickly in Sea of Thieves"

I found the fastest way, don't buy the pos game. Instant $60 worth of gold.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
17. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Mar 26, 2018, 10:24 Steele Johnson

I smell an anti-Internet generation coming.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
12. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 22, 2018, 17:38 Steele Johnson

Here's my observation:

- She probably expected the oncoming vehicle to slow down as she crossed the street, otherwise, who would cross like that knowing a car is coming? Wouldn't a typical pedestrian wait for the car to pass? I mean, it wasn't that far away and it had its lights on.

- The Uber safety driver doesn't have a chance to do anything because the car didn't detect the pedestrian in time. Don't these cars come with night vision?

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Content Plans
8. Re: Sea of Thieves Content Plans Mar 22, 2018, 17:22 Steele Johnson

Developer of Thieves  

News Comments > Unreal Engine Ray Tracing
16. Re: Unreal Engine Ray Tracing Mar 22, 2018, 17:18 Steele Johnson

and then the first game that uses it looks like it was made in 2010.  

News Comments > Sea of Thieves' Stormy Start
5. Re: Sea of Thieves' Stormy Start Mar 21, 2018, 15:06 Steele Johnson

Rhett wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 12:48:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 11:12:
Considering they had a long open/closed Beta, I'm curious what the hell happened.

Maybe they knew the price was too steep, but Microsoft insisted.. and they didn't expect people to actually buy it. >_>

Or maybe that Game Pass thing is getting a ton of people to try it for free.

Likely a game pass issue since there's nothing new that this game brings to the table. It's another been-there-done-that type game with less features than similar games. The price tag is a joke.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 20, 2018, 22:04 Steele Johnson

The year 2020, the revival of analog devices. Steampunk here we come!  

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Sets Sail
31. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 20, 2018, 21:16 Steele Johnson

Another over-hyped game that brings nothing new to the table. Just look at gameplay vids. Bleh  

1159 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo