Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steele Johnson

Real Name Steele Johnson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Steele Johnson
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 5, 2002, 20:41
Total Comments 1175 (Pro)
User ID 12787

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
21. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 13, 2018, 14:32 Steele Johnson

I know that pc gaming is still doing pretty well. But the real problem is the platform is getting worse. Microsoft even said that Windows is now lower in priority and will only get lower as time goes on. It's Windows that's dying, not the custom built gaming rigs. I really wish Apple would get more serious about supporting game devs on MacOS, then I could get rid of Windows once and for all. On the other hand, it would be great if there was another company working on a better linux distro that was more commercialized than all the other fairly popular ones. I still don't think there's a good enough Linux distro, no matter how many there are.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Interviews
36. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 12, 2018, 09:16 Steele Johnson

Cry me a river. How about you stop pretending that you don't know the negative side effects of social media? Don't let her fool you, the regret is there lol  

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Re: Into the Black Jul 12, 2018, 09:02 Steele Johnson

a superior actor. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.  

News Comments > Steam Competitor Coming from China
32. Re: Steam Competitor Coming from China Jul 10, 2018, 01:14 Steele Johnson

WeHack your credit card  

News Comments > Battlefield V Video
8. Re: Battlefield V Video Jul 8, 2018, 22:00 Steele Johnson

same gameplay, more pixels. Game devs have definitely lost their creativity.  

News Comments > Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat
73. Re: Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat Jul 7, 2018, 02:17 Steele Johnson

A perfect example for why I've deleted my facebook account and don't use twitter. Social media is just way too negative to be useful. It kills careers, it destroys friendships (I've seen friends who have been friends for 20 years lose their friendship over one post that was totally unrelated to any of them), and creates dysfunction in families. It's a terrible invention. Itís just toxic.

You can argue all night about who was right or wrong in this case (the employee or ArenaNet), and it will never get resolved. The reason is all about the platform, not about if she was out of line, or speaking truth, or ArenaNet taking unnecessary actions, etc. It all happened because of social media, and the people who use the platform. Period. It's like voicing your opinion in an interactive digital tabloid.

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 2018, 18:39.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 2, 2018, 15:16 Steele Johnson

Facebook continues its downward spiral into oblivion.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Jun 12, 2018, 00:18 Steele Johnson

When you see AAA high budget hyped up games getting scores like 5/10 and 2D games that look like they were made in the 1980s getting 9/10, you know thereís something really, REALLY wrong with the gaming industry. Greed on one end, passion on the other. Itís too bad the two ends canít get a little closer.  

News Comments > Dying Light 2 Announced
19. Re: Dying Light 2 Announced Jun 11, 2018, 23:16 Steele Johnson

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 10:46:
Prez wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 10:16:
Really liked the first one despite the goofy story. I'm tiring of zombies but if this is as crazy fun as the first I'll be on board.

The only reason I don't bore of the zombies, because if I did I would be done with videogames, because no matter how you skin your models, their AI is all basically zombie-like.

lol good point!

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer
60. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 23:11 Steele Johnson

Alamar wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 11:19:
Looking forward to playing halfway through this game a few times, like I did with Witcher... Shit is too damn long.

I hear ya. I had to really push myself to finish the game. Great game, but way too long for what it was.

News Comments > HITMAN 2 Announced
7. Re: HITMAN 2 Announced Jun 7, 2018, 23:40 Steele Johnson

I hated the last one. You go through the level the same exact way, and sometimes they spot you, sometimes they donít. The AI sucked.  

News Comments > Vampyr Launch Trailer
4. Re: Vampyr Launch Trailer Jun 1, 2018, 12:00 Steele Johnson

Nucas wrote on Jun 1, 2018, 11:22:
Fion wrote on Jun 1, 2018, 11:19:
Developer has had some pretty big failures so I cant in good conscience pre-order.

But by all that is unholy, please be good!

like what? they've only made two games: 'remember me' and 'life is strange'.

i liked both titles quite a bit and this game is 37 dollars on greenmangaming right now with their 25% discount code so i snagged it there. this is one of the only games on my radar for the rest of the year.

I agree. Life Is Strange was pretty darn good, so not sure what this guy is talking about. On the other hand, when you say you're making a Vampire game, it BETTER be good! It's the kind of theme that will prove if you're a good developer or not.

I really hope it's good since the past couple years of pc gaming have been horrible! I have nothing to play! So many disappointments! Games like State of Decay 2 should have been amazing, but the devs dropped the ball severely. It's getting to the point where the bar hasn't been raised in years. It seems like devs look at the popularity of shit games and then they compete with them. So it's kind of like the community is blocking innovation. ugh drives me nuts.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse May 31, 2018, 22:12 Steele Johnson

Facebook finally starting to crumble.  

News Comments > Fallout 76 Revealed
40. Re: Fallout 76 Revealed May 31, 2018, 12:21 Steele Johnson

It seems like they're leading up to Fallout 5 backwards:

Fallout 76...5

then after 5, either Fallout 8 will come out or Fallout 109.

News Comments > Dauntless Open Beta
13. Re: Dauntless Open Beta May 24, 2018, 21:58 Steele Johnson

I like the Disney-esque style. Hey, if the game is good, I don't really care about the graphics. Just give me something that's actually fun to play. Way too many boring games these days.  

News Comments > Unreal Turns 20 - Get Unreal Gold for Free
45. Re: Unreal Turns 20 - Get Unreal Gold for Free May 23, 2018, 10:23 Steele Johnson

When games were good  

News Comments > State of Decay 2 Reviews
43. Re: State of Decay 2 Reviews May 18, 2018, 19:29 Steele Johnson

I had high hopes for this game, but it looks like the devs screwed the pooch. Itís too bad, because they had a good opportunity to make this a great multiplayer game. How did the devs not notice how boring it is while they built and tested it? Didnít the beta testers submit bugs titled ďTHIS IS BORING AS HELLĒ?  

News Comments > Another Developer Banned for Fake Steam Reviews
14. Re: Another Developer Banned for Fake Steam Reviews May 11, 2018, 12:45 Steele Johnson

Iím surprised that in 2018, people still read written game reviews. Geeze, there are dozens of great youtube reviewers, who actually walk you through the good and the bad without spoilers. Why anyone would base a purchase on a written review these days is beyond me. Just go watch some gameplay and make your own decision! Is it really that difficult? lol  

News Comments > State of Decay 2 Technical Beta
17. Re: State of Decay 2 Technical Beta May 1, 2018, 21:38 Steele Johnson

This is one of those games where you can imagine its full potential, but you kind of know youíre going to be disappointed. Iíve had high hopes for this game for a long time, thinking it will be the game that brings the survival genre a little closer to mainstream (i.e worth freakiní playiní). After watching some recent gameplay vids, Iím still not quite sold. The devs really need to tweak the gameplay to be more of an emotional rollercoaster rather than an unwavering flow. I know the game isnít released yet, so Iíll give them that.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2018, 02:37 Steele Johnson

"R.I.P.: Michael Anderson Dead: ĎLoganís Runí Director Was 98."

One of my favorite movies. RIP

1175 Comments. 59 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo