Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Steele Johnson

Real Name Steele Johnson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Steele Johnson
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 5, 2002, 20:41
Total Comments 1502 (Pro)
User ID 12787

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2020, 17:42 Steele Johnson

Quite a heart-felt stream from Linus. It gets touching about halfway through:

https://youtu.be/hAsZCTL__lo

"I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol is a guy nailed to two pieces of wood." - George Carlin
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Knights of the Old Republic Remake/Sequel Rumor

15. Re: Knights of the Old Republic Remake/Sequel Rumor Jan 24, 2020, 15:24 Steele Johnson

When you lose all creativity, just copy what someone else did.  

"I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol is a guy nailed to two pieces of wood." - George Carlin

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Previews

21. Re: DOOM Eternal Previews Jan 21, 2020, 15:15 Steele Johnson

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 21, 2020, 13:30:
Steele Johnson wrote on Jan 21, 2020, 13:17:
It looks pretty good so far. It has the old-school vibe with some current tech. I'm not sure how useful the parkour is going to be in multiplayer though.

Literally no one plays DOOM for MP

That's definitely not the case with this one. They've already announced that there will be several mp modes in this game. Battlemode and Invasion sounds pretty cool

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Previews

11. Re: DOOM Eternal Previews Jan 21, 2020, 13:17 Steele Johnson

It looks pretty good so far. It has the old-school vibe with some current tech. I'm not sure how useful the parkour is going to be in multiplayer though.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Hotfix Driver

2. Re: NVIDIA Hotfix Driver Jan 17, 2020, 13:51 Steele Johnson

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 17, 2020, 12:37:
I find it actually pretty amazing that a SPECIFIC cutscene (not any random one, only 1 specific one) can crash the video driver (and thus the game) that must have been a pain in the ass to find and fix. The game has a few thousand cutscenes after all.

Yeah, that is really weird. One fix, for one game's specific cutscene. Is that the cutscene where they access the user's camera and take a picture?

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Delay Won't Prevent Crunch

4. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Delay Won't Prevent Crunch Jan 17, 2020, 13:44 Steele Johnson

I don't mind delays when it comes to devs like this. I just want a really good RPG. The Witcher 3 wasn't much of an RPG as I would have liked, so hopefully they implement deeper roleplaying elements this time 'round  

News Comments > Epic Games Store Sales Top $680M; Free Games to Continue All Year

91. Re: Epic Games Store Sales Top $680M; Free Games to Continue All Year Jan 14, 2020, 20:57 Steele Johnson

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 18:59:
Steele Johnson wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 18:28:
* COMMENT REMOVED *
I saw this and immediately thought of the removedapocalypse but was surprised when I noticed none of mine had been caught up in the purge. Then I realized it was a self-inflicted-Removal. Grin

Yeah, I decided not to join in on the tired topic.

News Comments > Epic Games Store Sales Top $680M; Free Games to Continue All Year

79. Re: Epic Games Store Sales Top $680M; Free Games to Continue All Year Jan 14, 2020, 18:28 Steele Johnson

* COMMENT REMOVED *

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 2020, 18:44.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2020, 16:30 Steele Johnson

Happy Birthday, Ant! Iíve been reading your posts for 20 years as well, you old fart!  

News Comments > Into the Black

19. Re: Into the Black Jan 12, 2020, 14:43 Steele Johnson

People always talk about his drumming but never mention the fact that he was the bandís primary songwriter. Amazing talent! RIP  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 10, 2020, 13:33 Steele Johnson

It kind of reminds me of the hype behind the Nintendo Wii and XBox Kinect. They had a big burst in popularity but then fizzled away quickly.

I have 3 major issues with VR:

- I don't really like not being aware of my surroundings while playing a game.

- My home office (where I game) is too small to take full advantage of the technology.

- I'm worried that I'm going to fall on my ass and hit my head while playing.

I suppose that those could be some of the reasons why it's not going mainstream. Maybe if the tech changes where I just attach some electrodes to my head and close my eyes to play, then I might be interested.

News Comments > Morning Interviews

3. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 10, 2020, 12:40 Steele Johnson

Prez wrote on Jan 10, 2020, 10:37:
Lucasfilm wanted Star Wars Jedi- Fallen Order to be about bounty hunters and blasters

That wouldn't have necessarily been a bad thing. Star Wars is such a rich and interesting universe that a run and gun bounty hunting game could be awesome. Republic Commando had nothing to do with lightsabers or Jedi and I thought it was great for its time.

Slap a skin on a good game and the skin barely matters

News Comments > Star Citizen Increased Player Count Experiment

5. Re: Star Citizen Increased Player Count Experiment Jan 9, 2020, 12:28 Steele Johnson

I'm not sure you should be using the word "upcoming" when referring to this game  

News Comments > New Batman Game Tease?

3. Re: New Batman Game Tease? Jan 9, 2020, 12:25 Steele Johnson

I hated Arkham Knight (way too much focus on bat mobile combat), so hopefully they'll go back to a more open world experience like Arkham City.  

News Comments > Overwatch 2 This Year?

15. Re: Overwatch 2 This Year? Jan 9, 2020, 09:04 Steele Johnson

Prez wrote on Jan 8, 2020, 11:28:
That would be incredibly fast turnaround from announcement to release by normal Blizzard standards. I'm skeptical.

It barely looks like a new game. Maybe Overwatch 1.5, so they probably will release it

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Passes 10M Players

2. Re: Sea of Thieves Passes 10M Players Jan 8, 2020, 19:40 Steele Johnson

Darks wrote on Jan 8, 2020, 19:21:
Why? its like the biggest POS game I ever played. There is literally nothing to do in the game.

Yeah, I donít understand those numbers. There has got to be something fishy going on. Pun intended.

Maybe itís a community thing or something like that.

News Comments > etc.

18. Re: etc. Jan 8, 2020, 14:01 Steele Johnson

Here's an interesting article on those stats

https://www.earnest.com/blog/the-demographics-of-video-gaming/

News Comments > Video Game and Tech Workers Unionization Campaign

41. Re: Video Game and Tech Workers Unionization Campaign Jan 8, 2020, 13:48 Steele Johnson

Wow, I'm surprised that some people here think the wage gap between executives and workers is ok. Are you kidding me? Take for example, the CEO of a non-profit hospital vs a surgeon, physician, or nurse. The workers who actually save lives and work 12+hour days have only gotten a 15% to 20% increase over 10 years while the CEO has gotten 100%! That's just an example, but you can imagine how bad it is in the tech industry.

I've been in tech for many years and I always get "exceed expectations" with my performance reviews because I've saved and made the companies I've worked for a lot of money (I'm at architect/principal level), but my salary is practically capped, while the executives get 300% raises, private jets, massive yearly bonuses, a pile of stock options, etc, etc. And you all know the level of incompetence in most execs! Most of them don't even know what's going on within the organization and only look at the bottom line! Workers typically need to fight to keep a company in business by working overtime and making crucial decisions, while the execs are just planning their next vacation. This absolutely has to change! I don't know if unionization is the answer (I doubt it), but the wage gap definitely needs to change. It has been a problem for years!

News Comments > Get Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair for Free

15. Re: Get Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair for Free Jan 1, 2020, 00:33 Steele Johnson

I just unleashed the zombie apocalypse by downloading a free game from another store. I'm sorry. Happy New Year, Bluesnewsians!  

News Comments > Get Hyper Light Drifter for Free

13. Re: Get Hyper Light Drifter for Free Dec 27, 2019, 17:32 Steele Johnson

Never put all your eggs in one basket. More options and competition is hardly anti-consumer  

1502 Comments. 76 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >