Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Steele Johnson

Real Name Steele Johnson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Steele Johnson
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On April 5, 2002
Supporter -
Total Comments 1517 (Pro)
User ID 12787

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue

30. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2020, 20:09 Steele Johnson

Blue still rockin’ the html like it was 1998  

"I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol is a guy nailed to two pieces of wood." - George Carlin
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Epic Games Publishing Announced

33. Re: Epic Games Publishing Announced Mar 26, 2020, 17:21 Steele Johnson

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 26, 2020, 14:40:
I had an idea for a sit-stand desk• and IKEA helped fund it. Now they won't let me sell it at Crate and Barrel, but I knew that when I entered the dealio.

not me or my desk (also I never collaborated with IKEA on anything except the legal amount of horse and kangaroo they can include in their delicious meatballs)

How dare you make business deals and then try break them!?

"I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol is a guy nailed to two pieces of wood." - George Carlin

News Comments > DOOM Eternal at GameStop Today

4. Re: DOOM Eternal at GameStop Today Mar 19, 2020, 12:21 Steele Johnson

Yeah, not sure why games like this are still being made. I mean, I do respect id software for their contributions over the years, but really, who are they catering towards, 60+ year olds who can't tolerate change?  

News Comments > Borderlands 3 on Steam

9. Re: Borderlands 3 on Steam Mar 13, 2020, 18:11 Steele Johnson

Prez wrote on Mar 13, 2020, 17:27:
For $30 it was a no-brainer for me. I still like the Borderlands formula. It's got the right gameplay loop that keeps me interested.

Yeah, that's why I bought it too. I liked the first one the best, but overall, the gameplay is fun with a few friends. I just wish it wasn't the exact same thing. I mean, even the convoluted weapon system was pretty much the same. You'd think they'd fix that up a bit, but it was still just as confusing as the other games. There were many times where I had a gun that was lower level, and lower tier, but outperformed some of the higher levels of the same type. And there was just way too many of them that didn't make much of a difference. So that part of the game just seems like a waste of development time TBH

3. Re: Borderlands 3 on Steam Mar 13, 2020, 15:30 Steele Johnson

RaZ0r! wrote on Mar 13, 2020, 15:27:
The original Borderlands was pretty fun, but I never could get though Borderlands 2. I just couldn't get into the comedy of 2 at all. Sounds like 3 is more of 2.

Yeah, I'd say 3 is more like 2 than 1

1. Re: Borderlands 3 on Steam Mar 13, 2020, 15:16 Steele Johnson

I finished this playing co-op and while it was fun, it was disappointingly generic and too much like the previous games. I know people like rehashes, but if I were a game dev working on a sequel for a successful series like this, I'd probably try to add some cool new features for the returning customer. But that's just me

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 2020, 18:04.

News Comments > Gaming Bed!

3. Re: Gaming Bed! Mar 3, 2020, 13:22 Steele Johnson

If it came with her in it, I might consider it.  

News Comments > Are You a Game Collector?

30. Re: Are You a Game Collector? Feb 19, 2020, 01:47 Steele Johnson

Up until about 10 years ago I had all the boxed copies of some of the most popular pc games that came out between 1995 and 2004. Games like Dungeon Keeper, Warcraft 2, Diablo, MDK, Baldur’s Gate, Fallout, Sacrifice, Space Quest, Grim Fandango, Giants: Citizen Kabuto, Myth, Quake 2, System Shock 2, Starsiege: Tribes, Unreal, Myst, Need for Speed, Thief: The Dark Project, No One Lives Forever, Black & White, Gothic, Half-Life, Deus Ex, Clive Barker’s Undying, and probably 50 or so more. Played all of them and some more than once (for years). Then one day I threw them all out.

So yeah, I was a collector of really popular games. The packaging for most of them was still pretty good.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 13, 2020, 16:05 Steele Johnson

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is now available on EGS. Definitely snagged this one!  

News Comments > Anthem Redesign Plans

35. Re: Anthem Redesign Plans Feb 10, 2020, 23:11 Steele Johnson

Reboots have worked for other games, so who knows? The style of the game is pretty good, it’s just the gameplay that sucks.  

News Comments > System Shock 3 Layoffs Lead to Fears for the Project

12. Re: System Shock 3 Layoffs Lead to Fears for the Project Feb 8, 2020, 01:48 Steele Johnson

That's most unfortunate  

News Comments > Morning Multiplex

1. Re: Morning Multiplex Feb 7, 2020, 16:38 Steele Johnson

"Ex-Mob Boss Plays Mafia 2"

That was one of the best gaming videos I've seen in a while!

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 6, 2020, 13:38 Steele Johnson

"This crafty malware makes you retype your passwords so it can steal them."

email is becoming obsolete because users just don't trust it anymore. What will come after email? BioBucket?

News Comments > Happy (Belated) Birthday id Software

5. Re: Happy (Belated) Birthday id Software Feb 4, 2020, 15:39 Steele Johnson

That'll make you feel old  

News Comments > Get Farming Simulator 19 for Free

19. Re: Get Farming Simulator 19 for Free Jan 31, 2020, 09:42 Steele Johnson

I think I'll skip this one. I don't really want to work... after work.  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2020, 17:42 Steele Johnson

Quite a heart-felt stream from Linus. It gets touching about halfway through:

https://youtu.be/hAsZCTL__lo

News Comments > Knights of the Old Republic Remake/Sequel Rumor

15. Re: Knights of the Old Republic Remake/Sequel Rumor Jan 24, 2020, 15:24 Steele Johnson

When you lose all creativity, just copy what someone else did.  

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Previews

21. Re: DOOM Eternal Previews Jan 21, 2020, 15:15 Steele Johnson

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 21, 2020, 13:30:
Steele Johnson wrote on Jan 21, 2020, 13:17:
It looks pretty good so far. It has the old-school vibe with some current tech. I'm not sure how useful the parkour is going to be in multiplayer though.

Literally no one plays DOOM for MP

That's definitely not the case with this one. They've already announced that there will be several mp modes in this game. Battlemode and Invasion sounds pretty cool

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Previews

11. Re: DOOM Eternal Previews Jan 21, 2020, 13:17 Steele Johnson

It looks pretty good so far. It has the old-school vibe with some current tech. I'm not sure how useful the parkour is going to be in multiplayer though.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Hotfix Driver

2. Re: NVIDIA Hotfix Driver Jan 17, 2020, 13:51 Steele Johnson

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 17, 2020, 12:37:
I find it actually pretty amazing that a SPECIFIC cutscene (not any random one, only 1 specific one) can crash the video driver (and thus the game) that must have been a pain in the ass to find and fix. The game has a few thousand cutscenes after all.

Yeah, that is really weird. One fix, for one game's specific cutscene. Is that the cutscene where they access the user's camera and take a picture?

1517 Comments. 76 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >