Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 10321 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

News Comments > No SC Retraction from The Escapist
3. Re: No SC Retraction from The Escapist Oct 6, 2015, 09:53 The Half Elf

Ok I got my popcorn ready!  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Specs; No Microtransaction Plans
1. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Specs; No Microtransaction Plans Oct 6, 2015, 09:52 The Half Elf

Plans.. YET  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > The Crew: Wild Hunt Beta This Month
9. Re: The Crew: Wild Hunt Beta This Month Oct 6, 2015, 08:36 The Half Elf

As good as Horizon no, better then Test Drive Unlimited oh yeah that's not hard to do.  

News Comments > The Crew: Wild Hunt Beta This Month
6. Re: The Crew: Wild Hunt Beta This Month Oct 5, 2015, 22:25 The Half Elf

It's not worth 10 bucks, and no amount of DLC can save it. Wait for 5.  

News Comments > CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit
115. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 15:51 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 14:08:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 11:04:
You read how they Skyped the ex-employee's and even some showed their pay-stubs from CIG? Would you like them to produce hair samples so they can compare air samples in the follicles with those in the offices they worked?

Hey, I thought you were just here for the popcorn! Now you're getting your hands all dirty!

They are dirty enough from all the popcorn under my fingernails. But what I can't stand is when people are given facts, and ignore them.

We got our information from nine independent sources talking about the working conditions at Cloud Imperium and their take on the status of Star Citizen, seven of which were properly vetted, and two used as corroboration.

I'm all for missing some vital information when reading an article, but blatantly ignoring information provided is rather stupid.

Anyone remember the Amazon stories that have recently popped up over the last few years about treatment of employee's? It didn't become prime time news until enough employee's (current and ex's) said something. And then all of the press turned it's gaze on the mighty Amazon.

Same thing is happening at CIG. And to cry out 'It's Derek SMART'S FAULT!' is ludicrous.

I would LOVE for Star Citizen to succeed, but lets be realistic.
An arena module is the ONLY thing close to being what Star Citizen was going to be when on kickstarter. It was to be a space sim. Not a 3d facebook/irc chatroom, not a FPS game, not a garage full of 3d models.

And the waste of money.
They built their own mo-cap and sound studios. How much money was wasted right there? How much money is wasted on hiring people with little to history working in the games industry (yes I'm talking about his Wife, btw, if she is VP of Marketing then who is President of Marketing, and why does this game even need marketing, it sold itself with 1 damn video). Who's paying for all the travel, and costumes, and office crap they keep showing off in videos? Who paid for the Australian Models to come in and climb on desk's for the marketing meeting? Who's paying for Citizen Con's?

Sorry folks, look at the facts, and be realistic, Star Citizen is a wonderful pipe dream, that will be blamed on The Escapist and Derek Smart.

If you people had any sense you'd all request refunds.

36. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 11:04 The Half Elf

MasaIV wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 10:59:
CIG's issue is not that The Escapist posted something bad about Star Citizen/CIG. The issue is that they posted an article with no journalistic integrity. Nothing was checked or verified, and CIG was not provided the opportunity to respond to any of the claims. The Escapist sent a list of questions and gave CIG just a few hours to respond - which they did, but none of the questions related to the most serious claims the article made. In my opinion, CIG is right to go after the Escapist for posting a bunch of (apparently) made up crap.

People should read the CIG letter to the Escapist in its entirety (4 pages). It lists things such as the Escapist "verifying" a former employee's ID card, when CIG doesn't even use ID cards. (A journalist would have contacted CIG, "Hey, do you all use ID cards? If so, what to they look like and how could you verify one is authentic?")

I'm a backer of Star Citizen, and I want it to succeed. If they are doing something wrong, I would like to know. But I also don't want my time wasted by sites like the Escapist posting unverified BS to get hits on their website.

I could claim to be a former CIG employee, too. I can even "verify" it by showing you the secret CIG handshake (that we use instead of ID cards). CR murders a baby kitten each time we miss a Star Marine release date, which is every day. Sometimes he makes us do it - with our bare hands. Then he burns $10,000 in cash of backers' money - literally, a bon fire. It's totally true. You can read the rest of the terrible "truth" in my article on my advertisement-riddled website...

You read how they Skyped the ex-employee's and even some showed their pay-stubs from CIG? Would you like them to produce hair samples so they can compare air samples in the follicles with those in the offices they worked?

25. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 10:42 The Half Elf

Can we start a kickstarter for a laser, and roughly a ton of un-popped popcorn, 40 rolls of aluminium wrap, 2 barrels of liquid butter and finally a lifetime supply of cholesterol medication?

What do you think we should start our goal at?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2015, 10:30 The Half Elf

As they said yesterday on the radio

"It's a good day to be a Bengal's fan!"

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Oct 5, 2015, 09:50 The Half Elf

Asian gamers leave their children to die at home while they are off playing games, now they are trying to set themselves on fire.

Oh those crazy Asians

3. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 09:47 The Half Elf

To paraphrase Jaws:

We're going to need a bigger bucket of popcorn.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 5, 2015, 07:23 The Half Elf

The worst problem with GTA5 is the whiny stupid npc's. If I could have killed Michael's kids, Wade's brother or Lamar I would have done so. MANY MANY times over.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Oct 3, 2015, 14:51 The Half Elf

Ok, that was fucking funny.

And here we all thought Hamster's powered things.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Combat Change Plans
1. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Combat Change Plans Oct 2, 2015, 19:13 The Half Elf

Hey if it worked for Matrix Online...  

News Comments > Microsoft Acquires Havoc
1. Re: Microsoft Acquires Havoc Oct 2, 2015, 19:10 The Half Elf

Havoc is sooo bad. Just play Mad Max. Then go play GTA4 and 5 and look at the sexy Euphoria system.  

News Comments > Battleborn Big Numbers
1. Re: Battleborn Big Numbers Oct 2, 2015, 19:03 The Half Elf

6 bazillion configurations, only 12 you'll care about.

Deja Vu.

News Comments > Escapist Defends Star Citizen Sources
1. Re: Escapist Defends Star Citizen Sources Oct 2, 2015, 19:02 The Half Elf

Fuck it, GET MOAR POPCORN!  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Back on Sale This Month
14. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Back on Sale This Month Oct 2, 2015, 17:50 The Half Elf

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 14:29:
People dumb enough to pre-order or buy before reviews are out should be grateful. Everyone else should wait til it's $10 or less. Maybe eventually publishers will learn not to release broken shit.

Let's see... 2 awesome Bat games by Rocksteady gave no indication that the 3rd would be a clusterfuck in porting to the PC.
There was no reason not to pre-order it. Plus it was fucking cheap as hell (20 bucks)

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Back on Sale This Month
3. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Back on Sale This Month Oct 2, 2015, 11:32 The Half Elf

Still waiting for the free Season Pass from WB.  

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Oct 1, 2015, 19:02 The Half Elf

Everything is awesome....  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Armikrog
5. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Armikrog Sep 30, 2015, 23:58 The Half Elf

All I can say is 'Agree to Disagree'. It is your right as an American to be an asshole.  

10321 Comments. 517 pages. Viewing page 48.
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo