Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 11535 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Necromancer Spotted?
11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2016, 12:33 The Half Elf

Leave the Diablo franchise alone (or at least take it in a new direction). Just think it's too soon for them to push out another Diablo game unless they really come at it hard with new ideas, otherwise your going to end up with a Call of Duty situation where they pump out a new one every year.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming
26. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 31, 2016, 17:00 The Half Elf

ItBurn wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 13:23:
VaranDragon wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 13:13:
At this point Im just waiting for Skywind. It might be a couple of more years though, but I can wait.

Chance of Skywind getting completed: 2.75%

Skywind or Star Citizen, shall we start a betting pool?

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

24. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming Oct 31, 2016, 16:59 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 11:07:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 11:03:
Beyond the upgraded graphics fx and 64 bit exe, there is NO REASON at all to play this.

Besides it being an awesome game, with so much content that it encourages replays.

I meant the Special Edition. Skyrim with mods STILL looks better then the SE out of the box. I thought they might throw in some better draw distances etc, but nope.

3. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming Oct 31, 2016, 11:03 The Half Elf

Beyond the upgraded graphics fx and 64 bit exe, there is NO REASON at all to play this.  

News Comments > THQ Nordic Acquires NovaLogic Franchises
1. Re: THQ Nordic Acquires NovaLogic Franchises Oct 31, 2016, 11:02 The Half Elf

We bought this and have no fucking clue what to do with them, but if you have idea's let us know, so we can figure out how to exploit them to their full potential!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2016, 18:51 The Half Elf

Glad everyone is ok. Please update us tomorrow on Mrs. Blue.  

News Comments > Gears of War 4 Adding New Maps
2. Re: Gears of War 4 Adding New Maps Oct 29, 2016, 14:08 The Half Elf

I had some problems with Forza Horizon 3 (again they patched Windows Store AFTER Gears 4 came out) but with about 5 mins of googleing fixed the problem and downloaded Forza 3 at max speed.  

News Comments > Steep Beta Nears
1. Re: Steep Beta Nears Oct 29, 2016, 13:58 The Half Elf

Had some fun in the tech demo. Like to see how Beta is shaping up.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Oct 28, 2016, 21:32 The Half Elf

I thought IG killed themselves?  

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Released - No Season Pass
17. Re: Titanfall 2 Released - No Season Pass Oct 28, 2016, 17:00 The Half Elf

From my understanding Respawn owns Titanfall IP, and after the clusterfuck of all the DLC that seperated the community, they did release all DLC for free.

So how is this a bad thing?

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Oct 28, 2016, 00:15 The Half Elf

Commando duh!

BTW, Skyrim SE, was it suppose to have better textures? Because I started a new character on my way to the 1st city (stormcloak wise), and I looked at the textures (especially in the cart when ya first start) and then loaded up Skyrim with the HD textures and the HD textures look WAY better.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2016, 11:48 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 11:39:
And that's why I use these cheapo keyboards that come with silicone covers. The longevity on my keyboards shot way up when I started using them. In fact I'm only on my second one right now and I bought that 3 years ago. The other one lasted about 3 years too. Once every couple of weeks pull the cove off give it a cleaning - note the still pristine keyboard underneath - and Bob's yer uncle!

If you want something fancier, they do make backlit waterproof keyboards too.

Cutter we know EXACTLY what sort of liquid you're spilling on your keyboards

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2016, 11:14 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 11:07:
Well, I had a dandy of a coffee disaster this morning.

In fairness, you are kind of overdue.

\o/

But this is a new era for Blue.... the coffee disasters are traveling to other parts of the house....

*in best movie announcer voice*
Just when you thought you were safe if you stayed out of the kitchen.....
*cue young girl* "It use to only happen in the kitchen..... *pant pant*... but it's... SPREADING!

News Comments > Uwe Boll Ending Film Career
1. Re: Uwe Boll Ending Film Career Oct 26, 2016, 11:11 The Half Elf

I thought it ended after his first movie?  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Horizons: The Guardians Released
2. Re: Elite Dangerous Horizons: The Guardians Released Oct 25, 2016, 21:34 The Half Elf

I'm trying to get into Elite but end up getting killed trying to go after easy bounties.  

News Comments > Morning Patches
5. Re: Morning Patches Oct 25, 2016, 17:55 The Half Elf

Going to start a new character and see how this goes. If anyone wants to join msg me on Ubi at Cpt_Ranger  

15. Re: Jared Fogle's Ex-Wife Says Subway Ignored Complaints About the Spokesman's 'Depravities'. Oct 25, 2016, 17:44 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Oct 25, 2016, 17:24:
Cutter wrote on Oct 25, 2016, 16:53:

Lesson # 14: When surrounded by a bunch of guys in the prison shower and are asked if you'd like some assorted foot longs with mayo the answer is always no.

Win.

Says you!

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2016, 13:02 The Half Elf

From what I briefly read.... so ya got those big tubes that sit about 6-8 people, they have high end jets to push the water for a "rapids" effect. and they typically have some sort of either lowering conveyor belt to pull the craft to the load/unload station... so people in water with high jets+belts that can move over 1000lbs=squish

Blue I am not going to click on that spider/mouse link.... love you dearly, but KNOCK THAT SHIT OFF!

*gets out flamethrower*

News Comments > Farming Simulator 17 Sprouts
5. Re: Farming Simulator 17 Sprouts Oct 25, 2016, 03:42 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Oct 25, 2016, 03:27:
Who plays this kind of game?

What kind of game is it anyway, like Simcity, but for farms? The trailer really gives no hint.

I would say outside of the hardcore flight sims (ie: Falcon 5), this is pretty much the Ferrari of Sims. It is a Farming Simulator. So large that there are expensive controls (like flight sims) for it.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Trailer
11. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Trailer Oct 24, 2016, 17:44 The Half Elf

GTA 5 vs Watch Dogs.

Watch Dogs had more ways to interact with the city, but overall the city was very meh (things to do so not as bad as Mafia 2), where GTA5 had a more 'live' city.
Story wise, GTA 5 had a more fun story that was diverse enough with the 3 characters, Watch Dogs had a revenge/penance story that never conveyed that enough for me to really care about the character (again like how I was pissed about Joe at the end of Mafia 2, or choose option 3 to not kill Mike or Trevor in gta 5).
Watch Dogs gave you more options about how to approach an objective, and made missions more dynamic.

But Watch Dogs suffers from 1st of a series'itis that Ubisoft tends to have. Assassin's Creed 1 wasn't bad, but AC2 was amazing. Far Cry 2 (I don't count Far Cry 1 as it wasn't by the same company) was pretty bleh, and Far Cry 3 was so much better. AC3 was meh but Black Flag nailed the ship parts of the game.. etc. etc.

And Cutter I had no idea where to go to get lumberjacks in San Fran, thanks for the tip, is there any other places you'd recommend to pick up guys while I'm there?

11535 Comments. 577 pages. Viewing page 48.
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo