Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 10719 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

News Comments > Free Planetary Annihilation Keys
13. Re: Free Planetary Annihilation Keys Mar 16, 2016, 15:04 The Half Elf

Kxmode wrote on Mar 16, 2016, 14:26:
- Join group Bundle Stars Steam Group on Steam
- View 70% off Steam deal on Planetary Annihilation: Titans
- Check out more massive savings on Steam games!

This is not free. This is hoop jumping. I'm not a Dolphin.

But as a one eye'd ninja (or ninja pirate) hoop jumping should be cake

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 16, 2016, 12:31 The Half Elf

Maybe the fact that after using either product I want to slit my wrists?  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > The Division Claims More Sales Records
9. Re: The Division Claims More Sales Records Mar 16, 2016, 08:34 The Half Elf

Retired wrote on Mar 16, 2016, 08:14:
eh. Still can't justify the purchase. Watched several hours of people play and videos....just can't do it, and this would normally be something I would be all over.

/birthday coming up.....I think my age may be showing....brb.....HAY YOU DAMN KIDS GET OFF OF MY LAWN!

Not for lack of trying grandpa..... *mumbles fucking stick in the mud*

News Comments > CryENGINE V Goes Pay What You Want
6. Re: CryENGINE V Goes Pay What You Want Mar 15, 2016, 23:33 The Half Elf

Cryengine was a horrible fucking choice of engines for Star Citizen. By the game ships (IF it does) it will take 100 gigs, and take 5 mins to load.  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Mar 15, 2016, 22:51 The Half Elf

So does this mean that no Lucas to utterly fuck up ANOTHER Indiana Jones movie. And no more shia labeouf?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2016, 22:44 The Half Elf

Two personal ones back to back, following my mom's birthday at the end of Jan (been gone two years but miss the hell out of her, and my birthday at the end of the month which was the last day I got to talk to my dad due to a liver transplant that failed on May 24th).

So in general I REALLY HIGHLY DISLIKE March.

News Comments > Just Cause 3: Sky Fortress Takes Off
2. Re: Just Cause 3: Sky Fortress Takes Off Mar 15, 2016, 12:19 The Half Elf

So there is no way to purchase this by itself?!?  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2016, 10:40 The Half Elf

Another week another funeral. Can we skip the rest of 2016 and go directly to 2017?  

News Comments > Paragon Founder's Packs Grant Access Next Week
1. Re: aragon Founder's Packs Grant Access Next Week Mar 14, 2016, 22:04 The Half Elf

There is no P in our aragon, please keep it that way.  

News Comments > SteamVR Desktop Theater Testing
3. Re: SteamVR Desktop Theater Testing Mar 13, 2016, 16:38 The Half Elf

There was a Star Trek Enterprise D tech demo, and also a Voyager demo that was done for one of the headsets, which I would love to play with buut no way am I getting a headset in the next 10 years

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Mar 13, 2016, 16:23 The Half Elf

AND IT CAN DRIVE!  

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
3. Re: Sunday Interviews Mar 13, 2016, 16:19 The Half Elf

And the rest of us begged him to quit touching established franchises.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 13, 2016, 15:24 The Half Elf

Yeah like Minecraft... and you know after being on the PC it went to shit on the consoles... right?  

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week
8. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Mar 13, 2016, 15:23 The Half Elf

This is NOT a 'try before you buy' as the game is NOT done.

When the game is released (IF) then I'd love to try one of these again.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2016, 11:57 The Half Elf

*starts wrapping himself in tinfoil.... twice*  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Released
22. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Released Mar 8, 2016, 19:03 The Half Elf

Frijoles wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 15:49:
The Half Elf wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 14:11:
Story wise it goes like this (someone places small pox on money and then with the Black Friday sales (especially in someone as populated in New York, especially with cabs, trains, subways, buses) it spread like wildfire.

So one thing I wasn't clear on, is this ONLY happening in New York/Brooklyn? Rest of the world is a-ok? They didn't make that very clear, but that's the impression I got. Doesn't make sense, though, if that's the case. That'd mean the rest of the US gave up on Manhattan and just left it to this small Division group instead of an army. Actually, I recall seeing other dots on the intro map in other cities. Now I'm unsure.

Wish there were more explosions. Looks great though. Hoping to play a bit more tonight since the servers couldn't handle it last night.

It hints very briefly with a world map with many 'red dots' active like New York, and also mentions (again briefly) that it isn't just New York.

Don't think Borderlands. Borderlands is just Doom co-op, or even Serious Sam Co-op.

You HAVE to pay attention to the baddies, as the AI is impressive. They will charge, flank, retreat, use cover even on different altitudes, it really is impressive. I've had to throw a grenade at baddies and then suppress them with fire so they don't get out of the blast radius.

I'm trying not to come across like a fanboi, but after Ubisoft's formula that's used in Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, The Crew, Watch Dogs, they finally got it right and actually have a GOOD fresh game.
Granted it's online only, but I rather enjoy it as I can go do stuff solo or join up with people (friends/strangers/whoever) and go have fun and do things at my pace.
I'm pretty much now where I was in both Beta's (except have all 3 wings unlocked now), but the perk/ability/crafting system really do more to make this a RPG then say Borderlands.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2016, 14:23 The Half Elf

I LOVE the new cast, as I said everything was great about the movie except the story itself and the music (which really upset me as I've been a huge Williams fan more from Superman then Star Wars). And I think Phasma was wasted, as I was expecting SOMETHING to be done with her beyond what was in the movie.

But there were so many BAD elements in the movie. R2 and the map, Luke's Lightsaber, the jedi mind trick, the piece of junk that hadn't flown in years but hey it's a plot device! There are just so many in the movie that I can't excuse it. As I said, the only major gripe I have is the story and how everything conveniently happened to push the film forward. And also to find out that a majority of the plot holes/wtf?!? is going on moments, were actually part of a larger movie but was cut for time, and should be in the Blu-Ray version.

They should have used Zahn's books as a starting point and arranged the story to fit the actors age, which could have easily been done and would be more fan service then the 6 movies.

And I'm not writing off 'the next gen', but JJ has shown with 2 franchises in sci-fi that he really needs to step away from it.

6. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Released Mar 8, 2016, 14:11 The Half Elf

ASLayerAODsk wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 12:50:
The Half Elf wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 12:33:
Reposting this here now that Blue has it up:

I will say with everything at max, The Division holds up to any videos they ever showed. Just a super sexy engine.

Also I'm really surprised how much was cut from the Beta's. And I dont mean just missions. Echo's have quite a bit more depth to them, Video's that are recovered are fairly brutal in their depiction of what would happen if NYC ever had to deal with a New Orleans/Katrina type situation.
The crafting system is nice, clean, easy to understand. The talent system is also pretty nice.

So far I'm having a blast, and really glad they didn't do the Ubisoft 'mold' they have done in 99% of their other games over the last few years.

Granted I've never really played a shooter MMO like this or Destiny, but I'm really digging it.

uh there was ZERO destruction in the beta, and very little in regards to any physics, it was another Battlefront as far as I could tell, very pretty, but nothing more past that. The story showed some promise, however that had a few holes in it as well..its like an open world CoD for the most part from my view.

Um I highly doubt that even the Frostbyte engine could handle what's in the Division let alone with destruction. Not that I mentioned anything about destruction in The Division.
As for compairing it to Battlefield/CoD... um ok...
Story wise it goes like this (someone places small pox on money and then with the Black Friday sales (especially in someone as populated in New York, especially with cabs, trains, subways, buses) it spread like wildfire. There is a part BEFORE the helicopter ride from the Beta that sets up the story along with the intro video.

1. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Released Mar 8, 2016, 12:33 The Half Elf

Reposting this here now that Blue has it up:

I will say with everything at max, The Division holds up to any videos they ever showed. Just a super sexy engine.

Also I'm really surprised how much was cut from the Beta's. And I dont mean just missions. Echo's have quite a bit more depth to them, Video's that are recovered are fairly brutal in their depiction of what would happen if NYC ever had to deal with a New Orleans/Katrina type situation.
The crafting system is nice, clean, easy to understand. The talent system is also pretty nice.

So far I'm having a blast, and really glad they didn't do the Ubisoft 'mold' they have done in 99% of their other games over the last few years.

Granted I've never really played a shooter MMO like this or Destiny, but I'm really digging it.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2016, 12:31 The Half Elf

Cutter there is a saying 'It's the thought that counts'. My dad use to get my mom flowers for their anniversary so one year on mother's day I just happen to be in the right spot at the right time and bought a bunch. The sentiment to my mom meant more then any meal could provide.  

10719 Comments. 536 pages. Viewing page 46.
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo