Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 10321 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VII Collector's Edition Refunds
6. removed Oct 12, 2015, 14:53 The Half Elf

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 12, 2015, 17:59.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher III Patched
26. Re: The Witcher III Patched Oct 10, 2015, 17:10 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Oct 10, 2015, 16:24:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 10, 2015, 11:32:
I had a shortcut via steam to play Witcher 3, and it no longer works (it is a non-steam game) anyone else had any issues?

No, I have the same issue. Tried recreating the shortcut and it still doesn't work. It's pretty irritating, because I've been using the Steam overlay to make screenshots (CDPR apparently forgot to put some kind of screenshot functionality in the game) and now I can't anymore.

you have to delete 2 files d3d11.dll and dvgi.dll from the x64 folder. Not sure what it does to the game.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2015, 13:32 The Half Elf

Ok that Battlefront video is awesome but shows just how bad the range of weapons are.

'Manhandle that bitch!' from the Gastonia video.. LOL

And finally I present The Ultimate Halloween device.

22. Re: The Witcher III Patched Oct 10, 2015, 11:32 The Half Elf

I had a shortcut via steam to play Witcher 3, and it no longer works (it is a non-steam game) anyone else had any issues?  

13. Re: The Witcher III Patched Oct 9, 2015, 21:11 The Half Elf

Very noticeable performance gain (I'll run it again later with the Steam FPS counter) but also notice it's a bit easier to target smaller objects/containers stacked on top of or near each other or a torch/candle.  

8. Re: The Witcher III Patched Oct 9, 2015, 19:42 The Half Elf

Did you have enough room on the disk? I had the same problem, made space, and closed Galaxy (still worthless). Restarted it and it worked fine.  

News Comments > LEGO Marvel's Avengers Trailer
1. Re: LEGO Marvel's Avengers Trailer Oct 9, 2015, 19:26 The Half Elf

So is this all the movies so far in one game?  

News Comments > More Star Wars Battlefront Beta Servers
15. Re: More Star Wars Battlefront Beta Servers Oct 9, 2015, 15:22 The Half Elf

There were lag issues on a few servers, including the counter being at 00:00 and pods still dropping.  

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 2M
17. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 2M Oct 9, 2015, 14:29 The Half Elf

DayZ is also built upon a very shitty engine.  

News Comments > More Star Wars Battlefront Beta Servers
11. Re: More Star Wars Battlefront Beta Servers Oct 9, 2015, 14:08 The Half Elf

Reposting this from yesterday.
Ok here is my list.

The Good:
Sounds like, looks like, feels like Star Wars.

The Bad:
No server browser, so no custom servers, no ability to kick afk'ers.
Once a match is over you go back to a setup screen which looks like you've gone back to the main menu, but the game is still being played which is causing players to go AFK while the server is technically full, which results in matchs of 4 people vs 8.
No webpage to do all the nifty stuff from BF3 and BF4.
No set rolls for players. You want to be a pilot? Run around until you see a powerup icon on the ground for a ship, collect it, then use it to go to the ship, or AT-AT or AT-ST.
AT-AT has no controls on going forward or backwards beyond swiveling the head. And the cone of fire sucks horribly. An orbital strike cannot be fired anywhere in this cone. and makes for trying to get enemy players a pain in the ass if they aren't in that cone.
Random spawn points unless you have a partner.
The range on weapons (at least right now) is fucking ludicrous as I was hitting ships with my pistol literally from halfway across the map.

Again, beautiful levels, models, fx, sounds music, but the core gameplay is utter console Xbox Live Arcade shit. It makes Battlefront 1 and 2 look like Battlefield 2142, and this Battlefront look like Serious Sam.

News Comments > The Park Trailer
4. Re: The Park Trailer Oct 9, 2015, 14:07 The Half Elf

Um in the video they say it's 1 to 2 hours long?!?
And how exactly do you connect to 18-30 year old male demographic playing as a mother looking for their son?

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Begins
30. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Begins Oct 9, 2015, 01:27 The Half Elf

Ok here is my list.

The Good:
Sounds like, looks like, feels like Star Wars.

The Bad:
No server browser, so no custom servers, no ability to kick afk'ers.
Once a match is over you go back to a setup screen which looks like you've gone back to the main menu, but the game is still being played which is causing players to go AFK while the server is technically full, which results in matchs of 4 people vs 8.
No webpage to do all the nifty stuff from BF3 and BF4.
No set rolls for players. You want to be a pilot? Run around until you see a powerup icon on the ground for a ship, collect it, then use it to go to the ship, or AT-AT or AT-ST.
AT-AT has no controls on going forward or backwards beyond swiveling the head. And the cone of fire sucks horribly. An orbital strike cannot be fired anywhere in this cone. and makes for trying to get enemy players a pain in the ass if they aren't in that cone.
Random spawn points unless you have a partner.
The range on weapons (at least right now) is fucking ludicrous as I was hitting ships with my pistol literally from halfway across the map.

Again, beautiful levels, models, fx, sounds music, but the core gameplay is utter console Xbox Live Arcade shit. It makes Battlefront 1 and 2 look like Battlefield 2142, and this Battlefront look like Serious Sam.

News Comments > Armored Warfare Open Beta
3. Re: Armored Warfare Open Beta Oct 9, 2015, 01:02 The Half Elf

The Magician wrote on Oct 8, 2015, 18:57:
I was really hoping for "Car Wars" / "Auto Duel" not "a World of Tanks clone".

Still waiting for a Interstate 76 mod for Mad Max.

News Comments > Op Ed
27. Re: Op Ed Oct 9, 2015, 00:40 The Half Elf

Dirty Butler wrote on Oct 8, 2015, 20:58:
Instead of crying about other people's games, how about Smart go make another crap game like Battlecruiser?

At least Derek has made a few games, not to say Robert's hasn't, but so far Star Citizen is a bunch of tech demos.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Begins
3. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Begins Oct 8, 2015, 16:12 The Half Elf

Run well but some major design bullshit.

So say you join a 16 or 40 man server, you can be AFK at the loadout screen and will end up with 1 team being down 3 people because they are AFK. Well the server won't auto balance it because it's still showing as a full server.

40 man servers are cluster fucks. Personally I love the full large conquest maps with say 16 people max. There is no way to set that up.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2015, 12:26 The Half Elf

AHEM Blue...

If you search my post history I've been rooting for the Cubs for YEARS!

HAH! Take that!

*goes off to find pieces to build a Lego Arcade machine*

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Bans
8. Re: Heroes of the Storm Bans Oct 8, 2015, 01:22 The Half Elf

dubfanatic wrote on Oct 7, 2015, 23:34:
HoSpanky wrote on Oct 7, 2015, 23:15:
Disappointed that not ONE of her audio lines is dirty. Makes her not feel like a Starcraft medic.

It is the current year, we can't offend anyone*

* - except heterosexual white males, fuck them

To quote George Carlin RIP "FUCK EM! FUCK EM IN THE ASS!"

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Bans
7. Re: Heroes of the Storm Bans Oct 8, 2015, 01:21 The Half Elf

Angrius Maximis wrote on Oct 7, 2015, 19:07:
this game is such a piece of shit

what's shit around here is your attitude and post history.

News Comments > Astroneer Announced
3. Re: No Man's Sky Oct 7, 2015, 19:19 The Half Elf

Ok another game I'd love to play... NOW.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Oct 7, 2015, 19:06 The Half Elf

As I said in the youtube comments:

Dear Russia, you have some amazingly talented and beautiful people.

But there we so many 'look alikes' in that video it's rather amazing.

10321 Comments. 517 pages. Viewing page 46.
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo