Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 11517 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Oct 16, 2017, 11:20 The Half Elf

Where is all the fucking "savings" that publishers promised by going to digital copies of games?  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2017, 02:25 The Half Elf

NKD wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 00:36:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 15, 2017, 22:38:
We have a bunch of self entitled people who want instant results, instant no pain, who have a small problem and go whine to doctors

This may come as a shock, but many people have pain that can't be addressed by taking Ibuprofen, and will never go away on its own..

I agree to a point.
But my mom was 74, and when she was about 68 or so I was visiting her and she had a HALF CAKE PAN sized container of drugs. Now granted this was probably about 2 years of meds (why only took what she needed), but she had crap like a 90 day supply of Oxycontin. My sister and I finally went with her to the doctor (who wrote most of the scripts) with roughly 20-22 different medications to find out why she was on all this shit. After doing a little research online just to find out what all the meds were for, we got her down to 6 meds.

And yes there are medical issues that require many high end medications and/or treatments.... but for opiates alone that was what I was referring to.
Go stand out in front of a methadone clinic when they first open. My ex-neighbor needed a ride (she use to do Heroin years ago) to the clinic and I sat in the car. I was really shocked by how many non-drug/junkie people were there due to medication addiction.
But at the same time the clinic kept upping her dose every month or so instead of the opposite.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2017, 22:38 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Oct 15, 2017, 15:28:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 15, 2017, 14:36:
Congress has not done anything to stop gun deaths, why should the opioid crisis be any different.

Cuz drugs, man! DRUGS!

Oh, wait. This is a white drug problem, so you're right. They'll do nothing.

EDIT: Okay, after reading the story, it's the same reason we can't have reasonable gun regulation: corporations paid the congress people to not regulate opioids. Yet another problem that would be much better if corporations weren't allowed to fund politician campaigns.

EDIT 2: The last thing I'll say (promise!) is that pain management is a serious issue, and not enough people are getting the pain meds that they need. So the real problem is 1) how to prevent recreational users from getting them and 2) how to get suffering people the drugs since doctors are now too shy about prescribing them.

So since Thursday I've been having slowly rising pains in my left abdomen, until yesterday after work when I got home it was so bad that I was hurting every time I was breathing, and having going up and down stairs. Thought I was having a kidney stone, but more likely diverticulitis flare up (never had one before), as I've NEVER had this sort of pain before. I took 3 ibuprofen, drank a shitload of water and by the time I went to work this morning and now the pain in practically gone.

I had people offering me all sorts of meds (to some "dear lord how do you even stand up after taking this" opiate medications). I didn't take them. We have a bunch of self entitled people who want instant results, instant no pain, who have a small problem and go whine to doctors who get incentives to push narcotics with worse addiction problems then alcohol and tobacco combined.

News Comments > PUBG Sets New CCU Record, Bans More Players
4. Re: PUBG Sets New CCU Record, Bans More Players Oct 15, 2017, 19:57 The Half Elf

I AM MURDERING ORCS INSTEAD OF OTHER PEOPLE!

#DeadOrcsMatter

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2017, 15:10 The Half Elf

I don't think they should stop the opiate crisis. Give them all the opiates they want and watch them drop dead. Scavenge for parts and viola!

And it's not a kidney stone Blue, just the first time having diverticulitis (still painful as hell), so if you still want to trade?

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2017, 19:18 The Half Elf

Hey Blue,

I believe I'm starting to have a kidney stone. I'll trade you.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Incorporating Beta Feedback
40. Re: Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Incorporating Beta Feedback Oct 14, 2017, 06:54 The Half Elf

Slick wrote on Oct 14, 2017, 02:37:
Oh yeah, EA pays me the big bucks to civilly discuss games I enjoy in a totally obscure underground forum that maybe 200 people read. They're always late with their cheques too, typical.

What kind of reception do you get with that tinfoil hat? HBO?

NPR and PBS..... from 20 years ago. Damn I miss the Great Space Coaster, and The Electric Company.

*hums the HBO Theme*

31. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Incorporating Beta Feedback Oct 13, 2017, 20:57 The Half Elf

Slick wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 20:33:
CJ is correct.

Although I think it was evidenced by a severe lack of content on launch. SWBF2 doesn't seem like it's in the same league. They have 3 studios working on this, it's not just DICE. And I think there's supposed to be a lot more content on launch. ie. SWBF2 was a more expensive game to make than SWBF1. I wouldn't expect a 40% drop, but probably a 25% easily in the closing days of the holiday season.

You're going to purchase it, more power to you, but you keep loosing each argument you present.

Let it go because right now it's just coming across as astro turfing, which annoys the holy fuck out of me.

27. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Incorporating Beta Feedback Oct 13, 2017, 19:56 The Half Elf

Slick wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 18:35:
Again, for the 10th time, this "scam business model" has been in place in Battlefield 1, 3, and 4. You've been able to buy convenience shortcuts.

I cancelled Destiny 2 on PC cause I envision myself playing Battlefront 2 a lot more, and I don't anticipate on needing/wanting to pay money for convenience shortcuts, as I never have before in a DICE game, and I've never felt like I was "missing out" by just playing the game...

The difference is in Battlefield 3 and 4 (can't speak to 1 cause I refuse to purchase it (and I have a free code for my xbox for it) you got the exact same weapons (no variables).
And if you REALLY want to get technical, a bronze and gold card are NOT the same if they have different cool downs. Now if you want to go the DPS route, someone who can use a special ability for 100 damage every 10 seconds vs someone who can use a special ability for 100 damage every 9 or 8 or 7 or 6 seconds is NOT the same. Quicker cool down=more damage/protection/magic voodoo/whatever.

And from EA directly
And lastly, you have to earn the right to be able to upgrade Star Cards and unlock most Weapons. You can only upgrade or unlock them if you have reached a high enough rank, which is determined by playing the game.
Key phrase is "unlock MOST Weapons."

7. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Incorporating Beta Feedback Oct 13, 2017, 14:02 The Half Elf

Emotes and Victory poses should be in-game achievement rewards, as they are pure fucking fluff, and are added into crates as bullshit fluff.  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend
10. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend Oct 12, 2017, 19:01 The Half Elf

SlimRam wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 18:00:
I read that they has a problem with enemy NPC spawning sometimes like in the same room you would be in and gank you from behind before you could even fight sometimes. Did they fix this?

Never encountered that once in over... 40 hours of play. You sure it's the same game, as the vast majority of it is outside, or if ya send in the drone to scan, pretty much impossible to get jumped.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend
2. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend Oct 12, 2017, 11:02 The Half Elf

Dark, fuck the pvp mode, get some friends and play! Hell if ya want to download it I'll even take time off my busy Orc murdering spree to come play with ya this weekend.

Very solid title, and if ya have the time worth a look.

News Comments > Fortnite Battle Royale Boasts 10M Players
1. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Boasts 10M Players Oct 12, 2017, 11:00 The Half Elf

10 million people played in 2 weeks. Ok so it's also Free to play. So how many active players did it have at it's peak?  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2017, 12:15 The Half Elf

Serious question/suggestion.

Why don't we just have a sugar/high fructose corn syrup tax instead? As I was surprised the other day reading the label on milk and seeing sugar in it.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Season Pass and Free Content Outlined
6. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Season Pass and Free Content Outlined Oct 11, 2017, 07:26 The Half Elf

NKD wrote on Oct 11, 2017, 04:15:
WTF Slick, those hippos...

Hippo lives matter™

News Comments > The Orange Box Turns 10
8. Re: The Orange Box Turns 10 Oct 11, 2017, 07:22 The Half Elf

I picked up the Black Box and still have my shirt  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 10, 2017, 20:38 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Oct 10, 2017, 14:32:
Verno wrote on Oct 10, 2017, 13:42:
I like Windows 10. Like every version of Windows ever, I just turn off the things I don't like. Every version of Windows has had its problems and issues. I remember when people here were proclaiming Windows 7 as the worst thing ever, funny how times have changed.

Huh, that's not what I remember. I recall article after article about how much better it was than fucking Vista and that MS had learned its lesson.

It's always been every OTHER version of windows. Vista, Win 8. Only thing I remember about 7 was everyone was freaking out about drivers.

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Beta Extended
19. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Beta Extended Oct 10, 2017, 19:03 The Half Elf

Slick wrote on Oct 10, 2017, 17:22:
1) so far the loot boxes don't do much, you can't complain that someone has a +7% dmg modifier. It will scale beyond that on launch, but if you're mad at someone having a +7% dmg increase on you, you'd be just as mad in any Battlefield game when someone has unlocked a better gun than you that kills 7% faster.

2) We don't know how the card packs will shake out on launch. We don't even know if they'll be purchasable on launch with real money. These are known unknowns, and not worth getting your panties in a twist over. I think it's entirely plausible that they launch without being able to buy card packs with real money, and add it a month or two down the road, JUST like they did with the gun and vehicle unlock packs from the past few Battlefield games. Which I do recall not being the end of the world.

3) Still, all of this counterbalances the fact that there is no "premium", no season pass for this game. All post-launch content is free for everyone who buys the base game. At the very least include this in your calculus about how greedy/evil EA is...

Um dude... some of those cards go up to 40% Go google, the shit is UNREAL.

We know EXACTLY how it will shake out, same as EVERY OTHER GAME TO DATE THAT IS PAY TO WIN/GET STUFF. You got money to burn you can buy all the top end cards, just like all the really fucking cool skins in Overwatch.

News Comments > Blizzard Internship Hints at New Overwatch Project
6. Re: Blizzard Internship Hints at New Overwatch Project Oct 10, 2017, 18:57 The Half Elf

SacredGinmill wrote on Oct 10, 2017, 18:32:
Maybe they are going to make an Overwatch MMO

And call it Project Titan!

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Beta Extended
3. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Beta Extended Oct 10, 2017, 11:19 The Half Elf

And people thought the Shadow of War loot boxes were bad, the ones Battlefront II has are fucking insane.  

11517 Comments. 576 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo