Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 10321 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 29, 2015, 00:51 The Half Elf

Kxmode wrote on Dec 29, 2015, 00:28:
Saw The Force Awakens tonight for the fourth time. I think I'm done. I enjoyed every minute of it just as much as the first time. Episode 8 is going to be awesome!

I may go see it again (probably slightly intoxicated, and have another free ticket to use by the 1st), but I'm actually looking forward more to Star Trek Beyond (ugh) then seeing Force Awakened again.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2015, 22:18 The Half Elf

Super secret txt to follow:
Ugh where to start....
The blaster on the xwing, the huge ass wings on Kylo's ship that make it look like Darth Vader's Maxi with wings, The lady in the silver armor that was fucking worthless, Finn saying he was born to do one thing, yet he worked sanitation on the starkiller, and THEN became a stormtrooper. In A New Hope, everyone asked Solo for ID and orders when transferring a wookie, but no one questions Finn. And that's just in the 1st 30 mins of the movie.
There are just WAY to many fucking coincidences, even for the Force.
The music was fucking HORRIBLE. Which REALLY surprised me. Even 1-3 had some fucking awesome Williams trademark music, but there was NOTHING that even remotely peaked my ears.
The entire last trailer was 10 time better then the actual movie.

The ONLY thing I loved about the movie was the moment Rey had during the saber fight and accepted the force, to me THAT is what the light side of the force is about, and that scene to me nailed it.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2015, 20:25 The Half Elf

Kxmode wrote on Dec 28, 2015, 15:39:
It's lines like these that make Christmas Vacation a classic!

Eddie: "Yeah, I got the daughter in the clinic, getting cured off the Wild Turkey. And, the older boy, bless his soul, is preparing for his career."
Clark: "College?"
Eddie: "Carnival."
Clark: "You got to be proud."
Eddie: "Oh, yeah. Yeah, last season he was a pixie-dust spreader on the Tilt-O-Whirl. He thinks that maybe next year, He'll be guessing people's weight or barking for the Yak woman. You ever see her?"
Clark: "No."
Eddie: "She's got these big horns growing right out above her ears. Yeah, she's ugly as sin, but a sweet gal. And, a hell of a good cook."

LOL

Clark: Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2015, 19:06 The Half Elf

SlimRam wrote on Dec 28, 2015, 17:19:
Batman Returns, a great xmas movie and shot beautifully. Tim Burton at his dreary best

DOH, forgot about that one. *tips hat*

Speaking of movies, finally saw The Force Awakens.......
I'm not sure if I liked it or not. Part of the 5 year old that remembers standing in line for Empire Strikes Back thought it was ok, but there are so many glaring issues with the story that I really don't know where to start, and my brain has sorta shut down trying to process it.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2015, 10:50 The Half Elf

No Die Hard or Gremlins?!? WHAT SORTA HOLIDAY MONSTER HAVE YOU BECOME BLUE?!?  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Dec 28, 2015, 10:46 The Half Elf

At least he played the game, unlike Wahlberg who never even played Max Payne.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2015, 01:21 The Half Elf

Ahumado wrote on Dec 27, 2015, 19:03:
What ya got against old people? If your going to cherish and embrace everything else with a tolerant attitude don't forget to include old folks.....Sheeesh What a hack

Live in the mid-west during cold weather when they drive, or move to florida ANY time of the year when they drive. Old people don't need expensive cars, they need cheap cars and hire drivers to drive them.

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Next Month
21. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Next Month Dec 28, 2015, 01:17 The Half Elf

DAMN YOU MICROSOFT AND YOUR HALO... er... GEARS OF WAR... er... *checks press release* RISE OF THE WOMB RAIDER... *checks again* TOMB RAIDER EXCLUSIVITY!

*goes back to waiting for a Crimson Skies Kickstarter*

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
1. Re: Sunday Interviews Dec 27, 2015, 12:53 The Half Elf

Um.. Overwatch is the leftover of Titan. They didn't give him a new game, they just re-tooled it out of a MMO.  

News Comments > Force Awakens DLC for Battlefront in Doubt
40. Re: Force Awakens DLC for Battlefront in Doubt Dec 26, 2015, 02:38 The Half Elf

HEY GUYS, FUCKING SPOILERS?!?  

News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha
10. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Dec 25, 2015, 23:13 The Half Elf

The whole FUCKING thing is a alpha so why do you even have a secondary test server?  

News Comments > The Witcher III Graphics Mod
2. Re: The Witcher III Graphics Mod Dec 25, 2015, 15:22 The Half Elf

Read his spec's on the nexus page, he has a 3GB ATI card.  

News Comments > Escape from Tarkov Trailer; Beta Signups
2. Re: Escape from Tarkov Trailer; Beta Signups Dec 24, 2015, 14:52 The Half Elf

*watches video.... ears perk up*  

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Dec 24, 2015, 00:18 The Half Elf

But won't all the debris be taken care of when the Aliens invade again in Independence Day Sequel?  

News Comments > Triad Wars Beta Closing
4. Re: Triad Wars Beta Closing Dec 24, 2015, 00:17 The Half Elf

Horrible motorcycle controls....

ARE YOU LISTENING AVALANCHE?!?

17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2015, 19:20 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 14:54:
OK, PC question time....

I got my new CPU installed without a hitch, yay! Pulled the rig apart gave it a good cleaning blew everything out. And doesn't it always suck when you put them back together and then it doesn't work, so again, yay when it does.

So the BIOS sees the CPU ok - AMD FC-8350 8 core 4Ghz. However, it shows my Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 RAM as 1333, and it's currently running at 1559. When I look at the memory profile it shows that in - I think - JCP it displays as 1333 but in XMP it shows 1866. I seem to recall having this issue when I first set this rig up last year - as everything was new except the CPU and GPU.

I set the mem spd to 1866 but it doesn't seem to make a lick of difference. Any ideas? The board is an ASUs M5A97 R2.0.

Also, how crazy is this weather? I actually did this on my outside workbench in t-shirt. It's 12C atm, and supposed to be 14C tomorrow, yowsa!

Blow or suck Cutter, either way you're getting me all excited

News Comments > BATTLETECH Progress Report
23. Re: BATTLETECH Progress Report Dec 23, 2015, 17:24 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 16:21:
Peter M. Smith wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 16:09:
nin wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 11:33:
I got them, too! Also grabbed the pdfs. I'm a sucker for lore.

Another happy customer! If you like what you read, please feel free to do more shopping of BattleTech (and other Catalyst Game Labs products). I am the Peter Smith in the FanPro/Catalyst credits and special thanks page, any support we get from fans is always appreciated.

I think I dropped something like $245 on this KS, so I'm kinda tapped out out at moment, but I'll keep it in mind.

Peter.. how much will you give me for nin? I'll donate all proceeds to the game
He also comes with a van.

6. Re: BATTLETECH Progress Report Dec 23, 2015, 12:06 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 11:18:
They're selling blueprints. 24x36"

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *drools*

2. Re: BATTLETECH Progress Report Dec 23, 2015, 11:14 The Half Elf

Are they selling pictures of Mech's yet? I mean THAT'S progress  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Jack the Ripper DLC & Patch
2. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Jack the Ripper DLC & Patch Dec 22, 2015, 18:03 The Half Elf

What online issues did they fix? It has no online.  

10321 Comments. 517 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo