Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 10705 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > More BioWare Teasing
2. Re: More BioWare Teasing Apr 27, 2016, 12:03 The Half Elf

Just fucking tell and and knock this shit off.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown
48. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 26, 2016, 19:29 The Half Elf

Kxmode wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 18:53:
Wetworks wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 18:07:
Vanilla servers is such a no brainer for Blizzard I have no idea why they haven't done it yet.

It's not about the money. It's clear they have the resources to do this if wanted. It's about their egos. The people driving WOW today DO NOT want the community going back to the first version of their game. They've censored and banned ALL vanilla discussions on their official servers. They've said "No" to legacy servers since Cataclysm days. It's very clear from Cataclysm that their intent was to destroy the original vanilla content. They have also gone back and redid almost all the old dungeons and raids. It doesn't serve any purpose other than to continue to replace the old content with THEIR content.

If I win 100 million in the lottery, and someone says 'Hey there is an island you can buy for 1 million' doesn't mean that I'm going to buy an island.

There is so much behind the scenes that we don't see and for people to constantly say 'They COULD do it but just won't!' is bullshit.

It's a dead horse right now, unless you want to your cooking skills up let it go.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2016, 14:47 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 12:09:
Blah, shitty deal, My favourite uncle just died. Super cool guy. Used to take me to ball games and stuff as a kid. Goddamn, 2016 is shaping up to be a banner year for killing off the people we love.

I'm sorry to hear about your Uncle. Thoughts and prayers are with ya.

Cyclops vs Storm. Oh yeah!

News Comments > Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown
11. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 26, 2016, 12:23 The Half Elf

Kxmode wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 12:05:
TL;DR they said no.

The fact that they got J Allen Brack of all the people at Blizzard to respond to this instead of Mike Morhaime, the person we were really hoping to hear from, speaks volumes. Blizzard also didn't have the decency to acknowledge the petition and the hard work the Legacy community did to put together nearly a quarter million supporters, or the 150,000 active players on Nostalrius, or the nearly one million registered accounts.

They didn't give legacy servers at least a year to try. Mark said the process of bringing Legacy online - from Bnet2 integration to hardware setup - would take less than 6 months. They just talked about it but didn't even try. This is precisely why WOW's subs are falling. The people running WOW today don't even care to try something new. Remember when Blizzard used to be the trailblazers? Remember when almost every year there was a new WOW clone or Diablo clone. Those days are gone. Now Blizzard is scrambling to copy everyone else. Legacy servers was their last opportunity to be trailblazers again.

I don't think I've ever said this until today but I'm done with Blizzard. It is now very clear to me that their number one driving force isn’t their fan base, it’s money. So fine. More power to Blizzard. I sincerely hope they choke on their greed. I successfully predicted the third WOW expansion would be about Northrend; a year before its announcement. I successfully predicted Project Titan would be a MMOFPS 4 years before Overwatch was announced. Today, I am making a new prediction.

WOW is going to fold in about 5 years. Blizzard's own greed is going to be the WOW killer.

Said this before and will say it again.

A billion signatures, and 150,000 active players on a free server does NOT mean 150,000 PAYING customers. There is no way to guarantee even a 1/10th of them would pay to play on vanilla servers.
And when you compare 150k players vs 6-8 million paying subscribers there is no reason to support this.

If you can figure out a way to plug the screen door on the vanilla submarine I'm sure Blizzard would do what they can, but it's too much work with no guarantee.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 6 Rewards
5. Re: Diablo III Season 6 Rewards Apr 25, 2016, 20:37 The Half Elf

Kxmode wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 20:29:
I really like VANILLA ice cream. VANILLA ice cream is better than WOD-nut ice cream. I think Dairy Blizzard should start offering VANILLA since so many like that more than WOD-nut.

Gonna poke your other eye out sir... Kill Bill style!

News Comments > John Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter
29. Re: John Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Apr 25, 2016, 20:16 The Half Elf

Kxmode wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 19:29:
CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 19:27:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 19:22:
I don't think "Welcome to the Jungle" is glam rock. That's what John Conner listened to while he was being stalked by the Terminator! That's pretty metal.

Dude. John Connor and the song was 'You Could Be Mine' (with one of the best drum/bass opening thunderstorms ever!).

Oh wow. Well there goes my nerd cred! My bad. I meant John Connor and "You Could Be Mine."

BAD NINJA PIRATE! BACK TO YOUR BOX!

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Apr 25, 2016, 20:14 The Half Elf

Hey Blue,
Considering your music backgroud, how well did you know Mr Spitzer?

Just wondering.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Apr 25, 2016, 20:13 The Half Elf

Was about to ask, "What 10 lies do we get today Bob?" in my best gameshow voice.  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 6 Rewards
2. Re: Diablo III Season 6 Rewards Apr 25, 2016, 20:11 The Half Elf

I loved the game when it came out and the expansion, but as I told someone I HATE grinding. And every season is 'do more mundane shit to get a few more stickers on your weapon, a few more cosmetic armor pieces and a new toilet bowl cover to go around your face.  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2016, 16:25 The Half Elf

rudra wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 16:06:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 15:14:
*hides the chaps*

assless, no doubt

As Cutter once said.. ALL chaps are assless, otherwise they are not chaps.

And Id Software has said time and time again, Doom 1 and 2 and Quake were just a bunch of level's thrown together that would have been NOWHERE without Carmack and his scary programming skills.
Because whoever came up with monster closets at ID Software needed t be fired.

News Comments > Master of Orion Adds Linux Support
3. Re: Master of Orion Adds Linux Support Apr 25, 2016, 16:24 The Half Elf

It add's penguin's to the game? Can you use them as Ambassador's or more or less like red shirts?  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2016, 15:14 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 15:06:
Carmack and Romero's game pitch. Sounds a lot like, "Throw us money please!"

*hides the chaps*

If anyone has been following the 8 family members killed just north east of me in Ohio.... turns out there is/was 3 pot/weed operations going at 3 of the 4 locations the families were killed at.
Hmmm..... 8 family members killed (1 was 16 but rest were 20 to 46) 3 pot farms, and the families lived pretty much right next to each other (rural consideration that right next to each other can still be several miles due to property lines).
If you changed it from pot to coke/meth/whatever sounds like a drug hit, but can't remember hearing of anything this large for pot.

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 2016, 15:31.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2016, 14:48 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 11:22:
How can anyone be surprised he was killed on a motorcycle? I used to ride when I was young and bulletproof but now it's akin to Russian roulette. I think the general stats are something like for every car fatality there are seven for motorcycles. Maybe if you lived in some Asian city where they're the overwhelming choice of transportation, but here it's just far too dangerous to risk. Enh, I'd ride in the country and small towns, but not in major cities or highways anymore.

I'm sorry for his death.

That being said I am sick and tired of seeing shit saying 'watch out for motorcycles' when just yesterday saw people being complete dipshits on them due to a motorcycle event in town over the weekend. More and more I see assholes driving like fucktards on bikes and you want me to watch out for them?
You want my respect if you ride a bike, then earn it.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2016, 22:44 The Half Elf

Rendition Vérité wrote on Apr 24, 2016, 17:31:
Hi Blue!

First post - I've been lurking since '96!

It's a great night for GOT fans. Enjoy!

Welcome.

Don't feed the trolls (but it's sometimes ok to throw bread at Cutter). Don't go into nin's van. And don't claim any sort of 3D Space Sim is 'YOUR GAME' because it actually belongs to Creston (just easier to smile/nod/grin and walk away slowly without making eye contact).
And as 'the new guy' you have to bring booze and munchies to the next meeting.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2016, 16:54 The Half Elf

Late night Blue?

About half-way through the 1st episode on Google Play (whoever said it was free thank you), but didn't realize there would be so many head-jobs within the first 30 mins of the show heh.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Bonuses; New Maps
11. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Bonuses; New Maps Apr 24, 2016, 16:33 The Half Elf

Kxmode wrote on Apr 24, 2016, 15:39:
Is GTAO an MMO?

Sorta....

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 24, 2016, 10:15 The Half Elf

killer_roach wrote on Apr 23, 2016, 22:02:
Creston wrote on Apr 23, 2016, 13:14:
Feds: "We were thwarted in our bullshit attempts to completely and utterly destroy every last shred of privacy that existed, but don't worry, we'll try again soon, and we'll keep trying until we succeed.

Sincerely Fucking You Over,
- your government agents."

Well, prior to San Bernardino, Apple was more than happy to comply with the feds... they're probably miffed at being jilted like that.

"We thought you loved us!"

This case pre-dates the debacle that played out earlier this year in San Bernardino, but relied on many of the same legal arguments.

But I guess reading the article was too hard right?

12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 23, 2016, 21:27 The Half Elf

Next to 'there', over yonder, in BFE, past the hollar and creek.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Bonuses; New Maps
4. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Bonuses; New Maps Apr 23, 2016, 17:33 The Half Elf

Towyn wrote on Apr 23, 2016, 16:34:
I couldn't avoid noticing how
GTA$
is so very accurate for how the game felt...

The game is fine (except you can't kill Lamar or Michael's son), it's the lack of Rockstar doing anything about the rampant cheating.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Apr 23, 2016, 15:27 The Half Elf

Quinn wrote on Apr 23, 2016, 14:21:
A bit late, but in a moment of weakness I bought Star Wars: Battlefront. So what the hell, I decided to do this quick review.

If ya want add me on Origin, I'm looking to do the co-op missions with someone and sadly you can only invite friends.
CptRanger

10705 Comments. 536 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo