Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 11183 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2016, 14:50 The Half Elf

Pigeon wrote on Oct 19, 2016, 14:34:
nin wrote on Oct 19, 2016, 14:08:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 19, 2016, 14:06:
Retired wrote on Oct 19, 2016, 11:23:
Watched the first 5 Luke Cage eps. Diggin it.

I enjoyed it, buut damn was it slow to build up for me.

That's been my gripe as well. I think I'm about 6 episodes in, and it's finally starting to pickup speed. I was expecting something a little closer to Daredevil, with ass beatings right off the bat.

Also, the musical guest of the week routine is getting a little old...

I like the show, I just feel things could have been executed a little better. Pacing is an issue for sure, but I feel like they struggle with keeping things threatening enough given his powers. Spoilers: Even when Diamondback shoots him with the magic alien bullet and the whole ensuing fight scene. Cage should have been running for his life, but instead he goes after him and either the gun malfunctions at a critical moment or Diamondback misses an easy shot. And even in his pain/weakened state Cage should have been able to knock Diamondback out with one hit when he got his hands on him. Anyways As I said I like it, but there's a few things that keep me from loving it.
I had a few issues with Cage and shit just being made up on the fly to push the story Spoilers: Like the Sister Cousin who is all about rebuilding harlem looses 7 million dollars from her office and everyone knows it, just so happens to have access to Judas bullets to offer City Hall to take down Cage, WHO THE FUCK IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD THINK IT'S OK FOR THIS BITCH TO JUST SHOW UP AND IS RUNNING FOR CITY COUNCIL BUT ALSO IS A WEAPONS/AMMO DEALER!?!

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Accounting VR Game for Free
5. Re: Accounting VR Game for Free Oct 19, 2016, 14:19 The Half Elf

Star Trek Bridge Crew.. I would love to play that, but there is no way in hell I'm spending the money for a VR headset.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2016, 14:06 The Half Elf

Retired wrote on Oct 19, 2016, 11:23:
Watched the first 5 Luke Cage eps. Diggin it.

I enjoyed it, buut damn was it slow to build up for me.

News Comments > Darksiders: Warmastered Edition Next Month
11. Re: Darksiders: Warmastered Edition Next Month Oct 19, 2016, 14:05 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Oct 19, 2016, 11:45:
PHJF wrote on Oct 19, 2016, 10:49:
Is buying up bankrupted IPs and slapping "xXx Edition" on them before reselling them a lucrative business practice? Guess it's easier than making your own game.

It seems to be. Everyone and their mom are doing remakes now.

Yet the one game that I really want remade (Mass Effect) isn't getting one because of some imbecile at EA.

Except Red Dead Redemption *sniffles*

News Comments > Accounting VR Game for Free
3. Re: Accounting VR Game for Free Oct 19, 2016, 12:32 The Half Elf

Acleacius wrote on Oct 19, 2016, 11:34:
I must be missing something obvious and asking a dumb question here but why do VR games require a VR headset? Doesn't it just give the perception of 3D. It's not like a room isn't a room, in a VR game. It seems more like deciding whether you want speakers or headphones, the game will still play.

Remember all the shitty Kinect games? Yup, that's why.

News Comments > Star Control: Origins Announced
1. Re: Star Control: Origins Announced Oct 18, 2016, 13:33 The Half Elf

Don't announce shit, especially on your forums. SHOW ME SOMETHING, and post it on the front page of your website. Not Facebook, not Twitter, and not your forums.  

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced for Consoles
5. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced for Consoles Oct 18, 2016, 10:13 The Half Elf

Fuck you Rockstar.

Bad Form sir, bad form.

News Comments > David Brevik's New Project Isn't Diablo
11. Re: David Brevik's New Project Isn't Diablo Oct 18, 2016, 03:02 The Half Elf

But Blizzard won't do a Activision game (reboot or otherwise) and likes to either take a different spin on an existing franchise, or a new IP.

But Mad Max with a Interstate 76 mod.... *drools*

Hellgate London wasn't bad persay.... but when ya had that fucking video showing (whatever the fuck his name is now) getting out of bed to promote/sell Hellgate London.. never had the level of polish it needed to be awesome.

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 2016, 03:15.

News Comments > David Brevik's New Project Isn't Diablo
3. Re: David Brevik's New Project Isn't Diablo Oct 17, 2016, 22:14 The Half Elf

No offense, but I'm really not into another Diablo like game that isn't part of the Diablo franchise.

Granted Blizzard got me to play two genre's that I would normally not play (MOBA and Card Games) but I'd like them to do something else with Starcraft (Planetside), or go fresh with something in a post-apoc.

News Comments > More Red Dead Redemption Teasing?
29. Re: More Red Dead Redemption Teasing? Oct 17, 2016, 21:49 The Half Elf

I have NO DESIRE to play as the son. He was a whiny bitch. I'd rather have a prequel when Marston joined the gang.  

News Comments > More Red Dead Redemption Teasing?
2. Re: More Red Dead Redemption Teasing? Oct 17, 2016, 11:32 The Half Elf

OMG OMG OMG OMG

SQUEE!!

News Comments > GOG.com Adding Two-Step Logins
18. Re: GOG.com Adding Two-Step Logins Oct 17, 2016, 09:11 The Half Elf

Icewind wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 16:41:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 13:37:
Icewind wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 13:29:
my friends and i basically steal games

Two factor authentication was not implemented to stop theft.

I was waiting to see who would get upset about that.

Not about being upset, butt they offer DRM free to benefit the person who paid for it, not so you can let your friends play for free.

Theft is still theft.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Oct 16, 2016, 18:59 The Half Elf

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 13:02:
The wife is all upset at me for buying Gears of War 4 for the boys(teens), as if any of the other FPS games are any better. Nothing worse than what they see on TV.

So you let your kids play rated M games all the time? Cause last time I checked unless you have cable channels (or movies) they aren't watching this.

And it's not a FPS.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption Tease?
14. Re: Red Dead Redemption Tease? Oct 16, 2016, 18:33 The Half Elf

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!

*eye starts twitching*

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2016, 20:51 The Half Elf

Luke Cage gets "better" buut the pacing is the slowest of any of the Netflix Marvel series to the point I was almost ready to give up. Jessica Jones had a bad "slowness hill" that picked up towards the end, but Cage just draws things out too long. And like all the rest of the Netflix Marvel series it has the typical "oh shit they got fucked up!" plot point/moment.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
1. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 15, 2016, 20:48 The Half Elf

Wreckless?!?  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Oct 15, 2016, 19:12 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Oct 15, 2016, 16:51:
Fuck Star Wars, there's a million other series I'd rather see brought to life. Besides, Disney is already all over that like cheap cologne on a whore.

Cutter the thing is, whoever is doing the Old Republic CGI video's have NAILED Star Wars. They are perfect, not R but more a hard pg-13, they are as good as anything Blizzard has put out CGI wise.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2016, 19:09 The Half Elf

Blue, THANK YOU for pointing out the show Speachless. Has that old Modern Family/Malcom in the Middle Vibe and is just an awesome show.

As someone who doesn't have cable what other shows can all of you fine folks recommend. I binge watched all the Marvel Netflix stuff (Luke Cage was dragging on a bit much), and only a few season's into House of Cards (or as I call it, if Hillary was a man), and Walking Dead.

News Comments > Project Space Sector Announced
4. Re: Project Space Sector Announced Oct 14, 2016, 23:28 The Half Elf

Silent Bob wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 23:11:
So where's "Blue's News the Game"?

It's an ARG, and you're already playing it *cues Twilight Zone music*

News Comments > New WoW Game Director
28. Re: New WoW Game Director Oct 14, 2016, 22:51 The Half Elf

Kxmode wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 19:47:
My apologies all. I'm reading my long comment and find that it's an academic exercise. Basically, the TLDR is I'm not holding my breath that Blizzard will announce a legacy server. If they do great, if not whatever.

Thanks for sharing your points Half Elf. I agree with like 95% of them.

No problem cause I'd love to have Star Wars Galaxies back, or at least some way to go fuck around with my homes and ships and droids because the years I spent playing that and settings up all my decorations etc I totally get it.

11183 Comments. 560 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo