Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 11612 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2017, 11:22 The Half Elf

A plane can circle the earth and come back where it started from via a cleverly hidden loading screen (ala Deus Ex Mankind Divided). And normally people never find the edges of the earth due to invisible barriers. As to what is on the other side of this flat earth? Empty grayness, as some people have found hidden holes to escape to the other side. On the subject of containing the edges of the ocean... that is so easy... skyboxes DUH!  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Free Update Plans
2. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Free Update Plans Mar 28, 2017, 21:26 The Half Elf

It's not a bad game, but in no way compeled to complete it.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Teaser
4. Re: Destiny 2 Teaser Mar 28, 2017, 20:06 The Half Elf

As someone who dislocated their thumb from hours of Halo 2 and 3 (and quit playing console shooters) I picked up Destiny and have to say it's a pretty decent game. I haven't gotten very far into it but if they bring Destiny 2 to PC I'm in.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Teaser
1. Re: Destiny 2 Teaser Mar 28, 2017, 19:17 The Half Elf

LOL  

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: On Sale Mar 28, 2017, 08:16 The Half Elf

If I had to rate the AC games I'd pretty much do it like so.

Black Flag
AC 2/Brotherhood/Revelations
AC 1
Rogue/Unity (yeah Unity had it's problems but a great story and 4 player co-op was a blast, and easily the sexiest game once patched)
Syndicate (still haven't finished with it yet, not bad but not great)
AC 3

What I did like is how Rogue's ending is the start of Unity.

News Comments > Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free; Mirage: Arcane Warfare Closed Beta
15. Re: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free; Mirage: Arcane Warfare Closed Beta Mar 27, 2017, 19:41 The Half Elf

Only difference would be in the Jedi games you could crouch, and jump, along with what form and weapon you were using easily bypasses Chivalry's combat.
If you thought the Jedi Outcast/Academy games were just button mashers then you never played years of duels.

1. Re: Into the Black Mar 27, 2017, 19:38 The Half Elf

I'd like to thank the guy at work who thought he lost his car keys in a trailer that sent me and another worker on a 3 hour trailer/key hunt only to find out he left them in his ignition and introduced me to Bourbon. And to my brother in law for introducing me to high quality bourbon that I can in no way, shape or form afford

*raises his half full glass*

To those who can't be with us, to those who are far away, we raise our glass and toast to you, that we will meet again one day.

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Mar 27, 2017, 16:41 The Half Elf

Is this the patch that adds multiplayer?  

News Comments > Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free; Mirage: Arcane Warfare Closed Beta
10. Re: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free; Mirage: Arcane Warfare Closed Beta Mar 27, 2017, 16:41 The Half Elf

Jagacademy wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 15:36:
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare has the best first person melee combat out of any game ever made, period. So before you go saying how terrible it was, show me a game that did it better...you can't. My only complaint was the "ballerina" spinning sword attacks, but I only occasionally get beat by someone using them, the majority of the time it backfires since they turn their back to you to do it. No other game has come close to matching the skill and fluidity of sword fighting however, with being able to block, parry, riposte, etc, using a wide variety of weapons.

That being said, this new game actually does look pretty terrible. Will have to wait and play it, but until then it doesn't look very enticing.

You never played Jedi Knight Outcast or Academy did you?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 26, 2017, 14:19 The Half Elf

Been playing this with Batz mrgrosser and another person and it's a pretty solid game. Needs some network tweaking and a few more coats of optimizations, but quite a bit of fun.  

2. Re: Into the Black Mar 24, 2017, 19:12 The Half Elf

My ex mother in law.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Year Five
6. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 24, 2017, 19:11 The Half Elf

El Pit wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 18:32:
WOW! A virtual Big Bennys vending machine!

For the 10th anniversary of the game being in production, we might get some lube, and for the 15th production anniversary, a dildo with the Star Citizen logo. And if you insert the dildo, it will play a sound recording of Roberts laughing!

BUY NOW! LIMITED SUPPLY!!!

Well sheeeeeeeeeet... I got all that and I didn't spend a dime.... where do I sign up?!? Do I get a "You've been fucked!" sticker with the Star Citizen logo on it?

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch
19. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch Mar 24, 2017, 08:21 The Half Elf

Worst problem with Multiplayer is it needs dedicated server. Too many idiots with 3rd world internet connections hosting while their mic is open picking up every single idiot in their household.  

News Comments > Morning Patches
3. Re: Morning Patches Mar 23, 2017, 18:20 The Half Elf

Great game you have to replay 3 times to get the entire game?  

News Comments > Arma 3 Free and Paid DLC Plans
3. Re: Arma 3 Free and Paid DLC Plans Mar 23, 2017, 00:33 The Half Elf

2 questions

1) Did the finally release a full game after it was decided to cut up the game into parts? And would I need to shell out a bunch of money for DLC to really enjoy it

2)How is performance and gameplay compared to Arma 2? Do I need a triple SLI 1070 system and a 300 dollar HOTAS type setup to enjoy it?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 23, 2017, 00:14 The Half Elf

Underage girl is gang raped, and you guys want to make jokes about it. At least show a little bit of class.  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches
69. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Mini-Delay Mar 22, 2017, 00:43 The Half Elf

Rigs wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 19:26:
The Half Elf wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 18:01:
So far there isn't anyone you can't screw. Still hoping for some human/krogan action

So if I play the male Ryder sibling, can I bang my sister? Wacko (What!? You said there wasn't anyone you can't screw... ) Those emotional-less, dead-inside expressions are like sooo hot!

*ahem* I'll...just sit over here. Alone. So very, very alone.

=-Rigs-=

Ok I know I live in Kentucky.. but what you and YOUR FAMILY does is between you all, not me *slowly backs out of the room*

Eos is the first planet you visit after getting to the Citadel.. er Nexus.

53. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Mini-Delay Mar 21, 2017, 18:01 The Half Elf

So far there isn't anyone you can't screw. Still hoping for some human/krogan action  

40. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches Mar 21, 2017, 16:15 The Half Elf

And for all those not sick today... Here ya go. Yeah I caved and ordered, and have to say that the polish for the 10 hour trial is pretty abysmal, but the game seems to getting on a role and quite enjoyable after Eos.  

News Comments > Statesman Coming to Master X Master; Beta Next Month
6. Re: Statesman Coming to Master X Master; Beta Next Month Mar 21, 2017, 16:00 The Half Elf

CoX shot itself in the foot with the Danger Room player run missions.Plus they could never balance out the classes which made things like PVP a nightmare unless you hard core grinded for upgrades.

I miss parts of CoX, and sadly Champions Online has been left to die a rotting death next to Star Trek Online and Neverwinter Online.

11612 Comments. 581 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo