Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 10716 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > GTA Online Update Next Month
1. Re: GTA Online Update Next Month May 27, 2016, 20:44 The Half Elf

Still won't fix all the online script kiddies, and still won't let me kill Michael's son or Lamar.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Goat Simulator: Waste of Space
6. Re: Goat Simulator: Waste of Space May 27, 2016, 19:13 The Half Elf

While the video was funny, Blue's comment was better  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Fractured Space Goes Free-to-Play
2. Re: Fractured Space Goes Free-to-Play May 27, 2016, 12:25 The Half Elf

I really liked it. Has a great Starfleet Command/Bridge Commander feel and tactics.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2016, 18:28 The Half Elf

Baristan wrote on May 26, 2016, 16:30:
Purchased a Logitech MX518 mouse back in 2005. The scroll wheel needs to be cleaned every few months now, the rubber coating wore off, and a skid pad fell off, but otherwise after 10+ years of gaming it's still works as well as it did when it was new. Logitech and Microsoft mice have always lasted many years for me.

I've had great luck with Logitech mice/keyboards. From rogue cheez-its avalanches to being doused in beer, a little cleaning and good as new.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 26, 2016, 15:38 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on May 26, 2016, 15:30:
Do they still insist on that nonsense of removing your shoes and belt? What a fucking joke.

Because people still try to put explosives IN THEIR SHOES.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2016, 15:10 The Half Elf

Hey Blue,

About Deadpool.....

Told ya so

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Live Action Trailer
5. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Live Action Trailer May 26, 2016, 15:08 The Half Elf

Pr()ZaC wrote on May 26, 2016, 12:10:
I liked the trailer but...I really don't like when they mix real actors with games.
I would have loved to see the movie made with the in-game engine.

And if you have ever directed actors, vs getting a game engine, making the 3d models, texturing the models, doing the keyframes, adding on sound then you would realize what you're asking takes a ton more time and skill.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Delayed?
22. Re: No Man's Sky Delayed? May 26, 2016, 14:14 The Half Elf

Games like Minecraft, or Space Engineer's or countless other sandbox games that have no story (or was added later)?

Diablo 3 had a story, but once you finish it up you resort to grinding in season. Why do people do it? Because they want to. Don't remember seeing all this BS about story in the other games threads.

Personally I'm looking forward to it.

News Comments > New Unreal Tournament Map
12. Re: New Unreal Tournament Map May 26, 2016, 09:55 The Half Elf

sauron wrote on May 26, 2016, 09:52:
LittleMe wrote on May 26, 2016, 09:21:
Making cars as a front! I knew Rocket League was more than it seemed...

Rocket League has DeLoreans?

If not, they should definitely be added!

That is the only reason I bought Rocket League, and the only car I use

News Comments > Mighty No. 9 Trailer
6. Re: Mighty No. 9 Trailer May 25, 2016, 22:34 The Half Elf

The Pyro wrote on May 25, 2016, 22:24:
How many times has this been delayed? For this crap?

Final release date will end up being 14 months after the projected release date announced during the Kickstarter campaign. Could be worse... at least there's a game to release.

It suffered from feature creep IMO. They added support for several platforms that were never part of the pitch.

And the graphics have been noticeably downgraded since it was first shown. Honestly this looks like a 3DS title.

You're probably remembering concept art rather than in-game footage. AFAIK the game has always had very low-poly graphics. I agree that the concept art looked more appealing than what we ended up with, especially for Beck.

I played the demo several months ago. I didn't hate it. Graphically, I wish they'd gone with high-quality 2D rather than this low-poly 3D art style.

No I'm not

News Comments > Mighty No. 9 Trailer
4. Re: Mighty No. 9 Trailer May 25, 2016, 21:20 The Half Elf

Looks very meh from what was originally shown.

I just want a HD version of the Mega-Man games, I don't care what it's called, but get rid of that combo bullshit all over the screen.

And the graphics have been noticeably downgraded since it was first shown. Honestly this looks like a 3DS title.

News Comments > Planet Coaster Early Bird Alpha 2
2. Re: Planet Coaster Early Bird Alpha 2 May 25, 2016, 21:16 The Half Elf

Anyone else getting annoying messages about 'a special offer just for you' involving Elite Dangerous paint jobs?

When did Frontier get so needy for money?

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Conflict Update
14. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Conflict Update May 25, 2016, 13:20 The Half Elf

Sorry guys, I didn't do a few of the side missions towards the end, and really had no clue who the LMB were besides they rolled in and were causing shit to happen. I still have a few echo's and audio files to go so I guess that's where I miss the story. But the other groups like the Cleaners and Rikers were pretty well defined.

But still, you have a government operation that came down from POTUS, that a handful of secret government agents are now in charge of everything, and a private military company just shows up.

News Comments > Bridge Constructor Trains Expansion
2. Re: Bridge Constructor Trains Expansion May 25, 2016, 13:12 The Half Elf

At quick glance I thought it said Bridge Commander and got all excited...  

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. May 25, 2016, 00:52 The Half Elf

Kxmode wrote on May 24, 2016, 18:57:
Beamer wrote on May 24, 2016, 16:49:
Kxmode wrote on May 24, 2016, 16:29:
The Half Elf wrote on May 24, 2016, 15:24:
Kxmode wrote on May 24, 2016, 12:25:
Rovio was so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should. Certain things cannot be films, and Angry Birds is one of them. There's NO story to this game. It's a casual thing people play in-between waiting for things.

Birds live in peace. Pigs come and steal their eggs. Rather basic story, but still a story.

It would be better suited as a Saturday morning cartoon. Build up enough fans. Created enough stories. THEN create a movie. That's what Hasbro did with Transformers and G.I. Joe in the 80s.

Again, in one week The Angry Birds Movie has made double its budget.

Transformers in the 1980s was an infamous box office flop. GI Joe, therefore, had its theatrical release canceled and was a direct to video film.

You're letting nostalgia ruin this for you. It's a terrible movie, but you're not its audience. The people who are its audience are flocking (no pun) to it. Even correcting for inflation, The Angry Birds has made exponentially more than the GI Joe and Transformers 1980s movies combined. Combined! Transformers made $5.8MM on a $6MM budget. Angry Birds has made $150MM on a $73MM budget.

It looks awful, but clearly they did something right. Hasbro, meanwhile, did not. Not until the new Transformers movies, which actually look worse, yet print money.

If I write "1 + 1 = 2" will you at least acknowledge that's correct?

You also forget that unless it was a Disney cartoon in a movie theater none did well. And I remember seeing Transformers the Movie in theaters, and had to beg my parents to let me see it because Transformers were already on Saturday mornings and every day right after school during the week, so why did they need to pay and take kids to go see it in a theater.
But you also have to remember that Transformers cartoon was made by Hasbro to push a toy line, not the other way around.

It wasn't really until 'The Land Before Time' that other non-disney cartoons really could do well in theaters.

But at the end of the day (as someone else stated here) it doesn't matter what you think (1 + 1 = 2 is a fact) you are not the targeted demographic. But my nephews, who are 9 and 7 and have ipod's both love the shit out of Angry Birds. And even if it doesn't do well in theater's it will make a shitload of money in DVD's because 1) kids will want to watch it at home 1000 times, and 2) portable dvd players for traveling trips.

5. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Conflict Update May 24, 2016, 23:54 The Half Elf

Wallshadows wrote on May 24, 2016, 23:39:
I wish the story took place sooner in time rather than being dropped in after shit had already hit the fan.

I imagine there will be a pre-quel story about the First Wave Agents.

2. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Conflict Update May 24, 2016, 22:36 The Half Elf

Darks wrote on May 24, 2016, 22:31:
In the end this game is still shit.

The game and game mechanics of the game are just fine, but they really painted themselves in a corner story wise.
The Story is quite believable until you get to the Last Man Battalion which is some sorta army of average citizens, except the have APC's Humvee's, beyond high end military hardware (talking Bruce Wayne sorta shit) and no government agencies thought they might look into this group?

Imagine Gotham City in the last Batman movie (cut off from the outside world) and somehow in the city of New York there is a private army that has (again) Bruce Wayne level of tech just showing up out of the blue.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black May 24, 2016, 22:33 The Half Elf

Sorry, but any article that doesn't mention Jackson or Madonna isn't worth the time to consider seriously.

Prince was good and had some amazing songs, but he wasn't ALL THAT. When the Doves Cry, Purple Rain, Raspberry Beret, Little Red Corvette, Party like it's 1999, and Batdance, what else did he really do to define the genre and music beyond the controversy of changing his name?

And why is it that only rich/famous people get the most attention from Government agencies when they die then average people?

News Comments > Battleborn Adds Alani, Introduces Pendles
3. Re: Battleborn Adds Alani, Introduces Pendles May 24, 2016, 22:19 The Half Elf

Wetworks wrote on May 24, 2016, 22:12:
The 26 min let's play video of Alani shows exactly why I enjoy Battleborn so much more than Overwatch. Overwatch is fun in short bursts, but like bubblegum the lack of progression and complexity leaves me sated after a few matches.

Battleborn is just so much more complex, meaningful account and character progression, gear farming and selection, mutation unlocks, leveling up during the match, multiple objectives on the map, 30 minute matches, PvE and PvP content, actually unique and different gameplay modes, etc...

Steam shows I have 2 hrs in TF2 and I have 220 hrs in Planetside 2. I just like deeper games.

Wetworks I asked you once and I'll ask you again, are you a paid shill? Ya never did answer me when I asked you during your fanboi'ism of The Evil Within which according to Metacritic scored a 68.

News Comments > Battleborn Adds Alani, Introduces Pendles
1. Re: Battleborn Adds Alani, Introduces Pendles May 24, 2016, 21:38 The Half Elf

Lip Balm... what Gearbox needs by the truckload to kiss the ass of all the people NOT playing Battleborn.  

10716 Comments. 536 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo