Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 10389 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
21. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 7, 2016, 07:56 The Half Elf

Well I got to the point where the mage falls out of the sky  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 6, 2016, 15:19 The Half Elf

I agree Creston, as I bought Morrowind I never really played it because at the time I just didn't get into it.

Sadly what I really want, is a High End Pokemon game. I miss my 3ds closet gaming franchise.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 6, 2016, 09:11 The Half Elf

Rather tired of seeing dev's ask for money when they waste money on outfits.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Mar 5, 2016, 20:46 The Half Elf

Maybe if they add water to it like Gremlins....  

News Comments > Into the Stars Launches
5. Re: Into the Stars Launches Mar 5, 2016, 16:34 The Half Elf

The combat looked very uninspiring, not to mention having to fling the mouse all across the screen.  

News Comments > Into the Stars Launches
2. Re: Into the Stars Launches Mar 5, 2016, 12:18 The Half Elf

Slashman wrote on Mar 5, 2016, 12:15:
This is actually a pretty cool game. Like a cross between FTL and Bridge Commander.

Great visuals. Rogue-like play. Huge replay value.

You said Bridge Commander. Do not toy with me sir.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Mar 4, 2016, 21:25 The Half Elf

Ok, enough of this death shit. Can we get at least half-way through the year?  

News Comments > No Man's Sky in June; Preorders Underway
15. Re: No Man's Sky in June; Preorders Underway Mar 4, 2016, 01:16 The Half Elf

Maybe this is the Sci-Fi version of Minecraft. Seem's Minecraft is doing ok for itself.  

News Comments > Black Desert Online Launches
6. Re: Black Desert Online Launches Mar 3, 2016, 21:28 The Half Elf

I'll throw my hat in there as well if anyone has a pass.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2016, 17:51 The Half Elf

You needDoganto take care of your squirrel problem.  

News Comments > Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Released for Windows 10
17. Re: Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Released for Windows 10 Mar 2, 2016, 15:50 The Half Elf

Actually there is a Win 7 version... that came out years ago.  

News Comments > CONSORTIUM: The Tower Crowdfunding Intermission
10. Re: CONSORTIUM: The Tower Crowdfunding Intermission Feb 20, 2016, 08:33 The Half Elf

The game on release was a clusterfuck to say the least.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 15, 2016, 11:04 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Feb 15, 2016, 10:39:
Last earthquake in OK (over the weekend) was a 5.0. They keep going up in severity too...

As a native Californian, we don't even notice until it's a 6. Go watch the scene in ID4 and you'll understand.

As for the car in the canal.... bravo guys, bravo!

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 15, 2016, 10:58 The Half Elf

And people were worried about the Kinect...  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
15. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Feb 13, 2016, 22:46 The Half Elf

NKD wrote on Feb 13, 2016, 17:56:
I don't believe anyone who says they pirate a game, play it, and then buy it if they are satisfied. Yeah, maybe they buy it on a Steam sale 2 years later when they want to re-play it, but they aren't slapping down $50-60 when it really counts in the first critical couple weeks of sales. It's too tempting to find excuses to not pay for it once you've already had it for free.

The bottom line is that people pirate because it's easy to do, usually doesn't get you caught, and if caught, only gets you a sternly worded letter from your ISP. And most importantly, because people like free shit.

I've always found the PC community's attitude towards piracy funny. If a developer or publisher complains about piracy, everyone freaks out and pretends it's not really a thing and there's no way it could impact sales and please oh god don't abandon the PC platform you assholes.

But then a few days later they are justifying why it's actually okay to pirate games.

Look, I don't give a shit if you pirate games. I've done it myself in the past. But don't try and justify your shit. You either just wanted free shit or didn't want to wait for a sale. There's no situation in which pirating a game is the moral choice. Sure, the consequences both to you and the developer are minimal and you're not exactly eating babies, and MAYBE you even pay for it later. But it's not justifiable.

Developers are putting out a product and asking a price for that product. Your choice is either to buy the product, or not buy it. If you're not comfortable with the price, or are not certain you'll be getting your money's worth, your only legitimate choice is to neither purchase nor play the title.

The developers are not entitled to your money, but neither are you entitled to play their game. Stop pretending otherwise.

There are 2 reasons I may pirate a game 1) financially unable to purchase the game at it's release or 2) That I may like the game but I already have quite a few games that taking up the play list do I need another game.
But I typically do use itt as a demo and to get a baseline of performance on my computer.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 13, 2016, 22:32 The Half Elf

Actually he's just the sushi chef, like your the bartender at the local Irish/Asain pub  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 13, 2016, 16:09 The Half Elf

Kxmode wrote on Feb 13, 2016, 13:16:
I'm SO happy everyone. I made my last car payment today. I'm also DEBT FREE! I still have to knock out the mortgage but that'll happen soon. Yay! No more credit card / auto payments. $22,500 in 2.5 years. Dance

Congrats man!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 12, 2016, 10:51 The Half Elf

I'm not one to advocate prison rape, but Martin isn't making it easy.

Dawn of Justice was good, just needs better music. Unless they are trying to out do Star Trek Beyond.

News Comments > Star Citizen's Discount Package for Backers
6. Re: Star Citizen's Discount Package for Backers Feb 12, 2016, 10:18 The Half Elf

So I bought a basic ship plan, and returned it due to potentially having to replace a water heater I asked for a refund.
Was surprised. Had a email back in less then 6 hours telling me that it will take 30 days to process it and that my account was deleted and I would have to make another one.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2016, 14:30 The Half Elf

But at the same time Blue, you are your own 4 man co-op group in Rock Band/Guitar Hero.  

10389 Comments. 520 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo