Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 10802 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Dec 21, 2016, 19:08 The Half Elf

Well The Harry Potter series are both good (movie/books) but I don't suggest mixing the two.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > For Honor P2P Complaints and Dedicated Server Petition
9. Re: For Honor P2P Complaints and Dedicated Server Petition Dec 19, 2016, 14:54 The Half Elf

Ok first off they have Alpha forms (same as they did for Steep, and The Division). Secondly it's called a TECHNICAL ALPHA TEST. Thirdly they did break the NDA.

And as for an idea of how the game will play, Ubisoft has ran open beta tests for the majority of their recent releases that heavily feature Multiplayer. Ghost Recon Wildlands (just had a Tech Alpha and will have an open beta), The Crew, The Division, For Honor.

And from what I understand (or have only seen) For Honor is multiplayer only.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > For Honor P2P Complaints and Dedicated Server Petition
4. Re: For Honor P2P Complaints and Dedicated Server Petition Dec 19, 2016, 12:30 The Half Elf

Here's the issue. It's a FUCKING ALPHA TECHNICAL TEST. If you can't even get past that part then please don't EVER sign up for a fucking Alpha or Beta test of anything... ever.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Dec 18, 2016, 13:53 The Half Elf

Sadly money was spent on the green screen, t-shirts, face paint, stupid hats, furniture, the camera's to shoot the fucking thing and everything else shown that has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FUCKING GAME PEOPLE SPENT MONEY ON DURING THE KICKSTARTER.

Holy fuck, next time let's give it to Charlie Sheen for Hookers and Blow, and record what happens. At least that would be entertaining!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 17, 2016, 13:42 The Half Elf

left home at 12:30, stopped and got coffee cigs and breakfast, even with all the ice warnings (had rain yesterday while around 10 degree's overnight with a high today of 54) there was some ice so left a bit early just in case.
Was going fine till about 1500ft from my exit (according to google while hunting an alt route), and we have a exit A and B (A heads to most of the other Amazon buildings, B heads to mine, but 1 right after the other). Exit A has a jackknifed truck and 3 car wreck. Exit B (my exit) has a truck that stopped half-way up the ramp (circular ramp to a bridge over the interstate), so some fucktard tried to pass them and stopped RIGHT NEXT TO THEM. Both couldn't make it up cause it was just too cold at the time with the ice. So the right lane feeds to both exits... sadly exit B cleared up in 30 mins, but being so far back around this curve before the exit, noone could see it and I stopped at 1:05 on the clock, I got into work around 2:35 (5 mins from the exit to get to work park and get in the building).
WHY CAN'T FUCKTARDS WHO LIVED IN THIS WEATHER THEIR ENTIRE LIVES NOT DRIVE IN IT?

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2016, 11:48 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Dec 15, 2016, 11:27:
The Half Elf wrote on Dec 15, 2016, 11:13:
Keeping up with Chevy Chase theme this week.
We got a video of Blues examfrom last year.

Remember Blue, relax, don't bite down, moan, or call out another doctors name!

To quote a coworker from years ago, told the doctor "If I get an erection, just shoot me."

Do you really want me to start linking information about prostate stimulation nin? Or male erogenous zones (yes including your prostate).

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2016, 11:13 The Half Elf

Keeping up with Chevy Chase theme this week.
We got a video of Blues examfrom last year.

Remember Blue, relax, don't bite down, moan, or call out another doctors name!

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Takes Flight
6. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Takes Flight Dec 15, 2016, 04:38 The Half Elf

Wallshadows wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 19:35:
I'm not trying to do mental gymnastics but it's kind of funny how nearly all bad reviews are those who have less than an hour on the game.

First impression's count. Especially with Steam. If you can't deliver in two hours, it's a free refund

News Comments > Descent: Underground Next Year?
4. Re: Descent: Underground Next Year? Dec 14, 2016, 14:32 The Half Elf

Um... hasn't Decent ALWAYS been Underground?  

News Comments > Todd Howard Tapped for AIAS Hall of Fame
5. Re: Todd Howard Tapped for AIAS Hall of Fame Dec 14, 2016, 14:31 The Half Elf

MT Silver wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 13:07:
Never heard of him. Does that make me a boor?

No just makes you lazy.

News Comments > Rocksmith Unplugged
2. Re: Rocksmith Unplugged Dec 13, 2016, 23:56 The Half Elf

Guns and Roses and big hair... maybe Slash... but still...  

News Comments > American Truck Simulator Rescale Launches
3. Re: American Truck Simulator Rescale Launches Dec 13, 2016, 07:54 The Half Elf

Sadly does not include Interstate 76  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 13, 2016, 04:28 The Half Elf

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 01:53:
Under the proposal conversations wouldn't be banned, but airlines would have to inform consumers ahead of a flight if they will be "unwillingly exposed" to mobile voice calls while in the air.

"Consumers deserve to have clear and accurate information about whether an airline permits voice calls before they purchase a ticket and board the aircraft,"

Headset or ear plugs.

Yeah then you get the one guy with a tan and long hair on a blue tooth headset you can't see talking in a language no one understands and everyone freaking the fuck out cause it seems you have a guy talking to himself that may or may not look like a terrorist.
Yeah it's a little extreme but could see it happening.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: The 10 best Star Wars games in the galaxy, ever Dec 13, 2016, 04:16 The Half Elf

Yeah when you don't list ANY of the Dark Forces games your list is shit. Then you take the Lego Star Wars games and post a picture from the fucking mobile version.
Then look at his 'about the author' part.

And I wish lists would just put X-Wing/Tie Fighter/X-Wing vs Tie Fighter/Alliance together. They were all great, but without X-Wing.... ya get no Tie Fighter.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Dec 12, 2016, 23:49 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 22:23:
I told my wife it was national sound check day and to celebrate I need3d a new $2000 stereo system. She wasn't buying it.

Of course not, she wanted you to buy it yourself

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 12, 2016, 20:15 The Half Elf

Why I don't shop at Best Buy.

Go in looking to pre-order a game (this was many years ago), and they have the 5 dollar pre-order boxes. I do my homework, see online the local Best Buy store has these in stock. I go into the store to the games dept. I can't find anyone AT ALL in any nearby dept so I go to the front desk and ask for a manager. Manager meets me we go to the games dept and he can't help me so he calls the employee who's suppose to be working the games dept and a GORGEOUS drop dead fucking beautiful women shows up (and for me to say that is quite a bit), who is in charge of the dept. She ask's me what I was looking for (and I believe at the time it was either City of Heroes/Villains or Call of Duty Modern Warfare). We check the shelves, she checks the computer a couple of times and shrugs her shoulders and while she is nice, she was obviously hired for her looks cause as someone who was born and raised in the 80's/90's in California, she made air heads look like MENSA members. She tells me 'I don't know what to tell you, sorry', and as I turn around from her there is a display that is 6 feet tall and about 12 feet long with what I am looking for, and every other pre-order game on the planet. I walk over and grab what I want off of this and tell her 'THIS is what I was looking for, I'm glad you guys are on top of your game!' in a rather rude tone and walk off.
That being said I don't go to best buy unless it's something I want and it's stupid cheap and don't want to wait for delivery.

As for the guy in the store. We don't know why he was there every day. Maybe he was playing between waiting for buses after school or what and I don't assume to know why. They did a nice thing for the kid, lets give them credit for that.

Now about the Amazon jab.... Everyone I work with I've been friends with since I started working for Amazon after about 5 mins of meeting them. We are all fucking crazy fun people. We have done everything from driving around for an hour getting a radiator hose (between different auto parts store) to spending our own time trying to hunt down a pair of truck keys that a co-worker thought he dropped while unloading a truck (yeah climbing into 30+ trailers in 20 degree rainy weather, when he actually left them in his ignition, but he did give us bourbon for it), to knowing if I was homeless tomorrow, I'd have at least 10 places I could sleep. We work, sweat, bleed, and have cried together (young man son had major genetic heart defects and died last week, and another older lady we work with is having major mental issues that is affecting her work), but I doubt you get that sorta bond from a retail chain best buy store.
You may not see us, you may not see our dedication to making sure you get your crap on time, but you wouldn't want a better set of people to work with and call family.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 12, 2016, 19:39 The Half Elf

Blue wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 13:22:
The Half Elf wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 12:09:
Ok so ya mentioned the bathrobe yesterday Blue, and the snow today.
Due to army of Shelf Elfs we snuck out and got a picture of you.

Don't go puttin' none of that stuff on my sled, Clark. You know that metal plate in my head? I had to have it replaced, cause every time Catherine revved up the microwave I'd piss my pants and forget who I was for a half hour or so. So over at the VA they had to replace it with plastic. It ain't as strong so I don't know if I should go sailin down no hill with nothing between the ground and my brains but a piece of government plastic.

Oh, Eddie... If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 12, 2016, 12:09 The Half Elf

Ok so ya mentioned the bathrobe yesterday Blue, and the snow today.
Due to army of Shelf Elfs we snuck out and got a picture of you.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch
5. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Dec 12, 2016, 12:02 The Half Elf

ForgedReality wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 11:54:
Mad Max RW wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 11:48:
Game still needs at least a year of patching and several Foundation sized free expansions before I'd recommend at any price. Every gameplay feature is so basic and poorly implemented. Flying, shooting, collecting resources, all were done so much better in other games more than a decade ago. The one saving grace, if they chose to embrace it, is the struggling modding community. It came on strong then burned out very quickly. Open the game up some more and invite the fans in then this could be something to talk about. Right now it's a waste of a good music soundtrack.

You kids these days just can't appreciate the value of a tech demo...
Speaking of tech demo and value, how much are pictures of ships going for in Star Citizen again?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Dec 11, 2016, 20:52 The Half Elf

Well the Coaster Tycoon type games have always been about having a roller coaster/theme park sandbox.

You can save anything you build as a blueprint and edit it on the fly if you want to make changes.

As for me making anything neeto, no not yet. I get times where I feel creative as hell and will jump into Minecraft/Space Engineers/etc and build something, but I haven't had a moment to really dig into Planet Coaster and go nuts.

10802 Comments. 541 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo