Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 11527 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Destiny 2 Season Details
22. Re: Destiny 2 Season Details Oct 22, 2017, 17:01 The Half Elf

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 22, 2017, 11:35:
Are we still supposed to be butt-hurt because Microsoft bought Bungie in 2000. http://www.ign.com/articles/2000/06/20/microsoft-acquires-bungie
I for one am still damn mad that Amelia Earhart is missing.

No shit.

Halo was gonna make a shitload of money regardless if came out on PC or not.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Destiny 2 Season Details
15. Re: Destiny 2 Season Details Oct 21, 2017, 22:16 The Half Elf

ExGemini wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 17:06:
Darks wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 17:04:
Jagacademy wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 14:06:
Keep this console port trash off the PC.

You need to shut the fuck up. Enough with all of your bullshit.

I knew your worthless ass couldn't resit coming in here and bashing the game. Your so predictable. If you dont like, then go find another forum to hang out in, because your worthless ass is not welcome here.

Hurts much?

Only as much as having a second account to agree with your first?

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 Jeep and Dodge DLC
19. Re: Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 Jeep and Dodge DLC Oct 21, 2017, 01:16 The Half Elf

StringFellow wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 23:15:
Creston wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 14:16:
SirKnight wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 11:51:
StringFellow wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 11:26:
I guess you’ve never owned a Jeep. As an example, why is it that the the Jeep Wrangler has one of the highest resell values of any car???

Yep. That dude is obviously just taking one example of a bad car (which ALL brands will have from time to time) and blowing it up out of proportion. I've seen morons do that so many times it becomes pretty obvious now.

Not surprising seeing his comment history. There are some on this site that really make me wonder...

Don't worry about it, moron, JD Power's 2017 reliability rating safely trumps your anecdotal presumption.

Dodge, Jeep and Fiat are 4th worst, 2nd worst and worst, respectively. Since it's all the same company (FCA), I'm going to go with them being pretty damn unreliable.

But keep wondering there, champ.

It’s been documented time and time again that these “independent reliability” companies (ie. Consumer reports,etc) are bias. It also has also been documented that they “interview” specific groups to get the outcome they are looking for. Same goes for politics.

Show me a comparable vehicle to the Jeep Wrangler, that has the same capabilities, gets abused off road, and keeps going! There is a reason the Wrangler, in some form, has been around since the 1940s.

Drive your “reliable” Toyota or Honda through the rough mountains of Wyoming, Utah, Colorado year after year and the true reliability numbers will surface! I could go on and on!!

Once you own a Jeep, then come back to me with facts! Until then keep you inaccurate opinions to yourself.

78 Jeep Cherokee Levi Special Edition. Was a gas guzzling steel tank. Until shit broke down on it from everyday driving. I miss the monster, but not the repair costs.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined
42. Re: Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined Oct 20, 2017, 22:36 The Half Elf

Jagacademy wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 14:15:
Darks wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 12:48:

Yes, you are out of the loop, so stop trying to troll.

Destiny 2 has already lost 78% of it's console player base, and there are several threads on Reddit comparing the game to No Man's Sky, with 1000's of comments each.

Yet here you are, championing the game. You work for Activision?

How do you get 78% loss when their peak was 3.4 million and was 1.5 million 2 days ago? I'm not the best at math but that is around 55% give or take.
Granted loosing that is bad, but 1.5 million players is nothing to sneeze at (OMG WoW lost 10 million subscribers and ONLY has 20 million left!!!).

And after going through the forums, it seems quite a few people are bitching about how they rushed through the game, and grinded the hell out of the end game.
But these are NOT your a-typical gamers. These are the min/max players that are typically found in top guilds, Diablo 3, etc.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined
39. Re: Re: Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined Oct 20, 2017, 21:11 The Half Elf

Been trying to ignore Destiny 2 reviews etc, but after looking at the forums, I'm (-) close to pulling my pre-order.  

News Comments > Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 Jeep and Dodge DLC
12. Re: Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 Jeep and Dodge DLC Oct 20, 2017, 15:36 The Half Elf

*happily watches everyone else go at each other's throats and drives by in his 20 year old Honda that runs just fine*

I take that back. I finally had to replace the sparkplugs and wire harness, and valve cover seal from the factory ones.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 20, 2017, 15:08 The Half Elf

Being an Amazonian my bet still is on the Cincinnati Area. We just opened the largest ground sort center at CVG. We have a major expansion in development at CVG Airport (and which in turn Amazon will finally buy out DHL), and it puts them pretty central to the rest of the sort centers in the US.  

News Comments > LawBreakers All-Star Update
10. Re: LawBreakers All-Star Update Oct 19, 2017, 12:26 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 12:16:
NKD wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 10:57:
If a patch falls in the woods and no one is there to download it, does the Pope shit in his hat?

I... but... err...

https://giphy.com/gifs/reaction-y7kvOYLzas6Ag

ROFL *goes and saves that link*

News Comments > LawBreakers All-Star Update
3. Re: LawBreakers All-Star Update Oct 19, 2017, 10:14 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 10:08:
Ranked mode! Play now, and you, yes YOU, can be in the top 10 worldwide!

*gives Creston a gold star*

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2017, 10:08 The Half Elf

It's all well and good that they want to sit in your lap... until years later they don't understand they are 50lbs plus, and you're sterile.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Preloads
20. Re: Destiny 2 Preloads Oct 19, 2017, 09:48 The Half Elf

Jagacademy wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 09:10:
Slick wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 20:35:

Step two: cancel pre-order looking at all the better games coming out this season

I've been bored out of my mind looking for new games to play, what are you referring to that is coming out this season?

South Park, Destiny 2, Assassin's Creed (and that's just in the last/next 2 weeks).

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Oct 19, 2017, 09:41 The Half Elf

What's the difference between a tornado and divorce in the south? None, either way someone's loosing a trailer - Robin Williams  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 18, 2017, 23:23 The Half Elf

Still no fucking Master Chief Collection for the pc?!?  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Oct 18, 2017, 23:22 The Half Elf

Rhett wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 10:36:
Hilarious watching Denuvo just absolutely fail to do anything now. I'm just picturing these clueless executives being furious (the ones that push for it). Though I never really cared about denuvo, sometimes piracy just feels like a necessary "evil".

But will Denuvo double down? Will DRM be meaningless in the near future? Will DRM get far more painful for consumers? It's a thin line, methinks.

Necessary Evil? Back in the day long before digital downloads I use to pirate games. But if I liked the game I always bought it. This day and age, I either get it off a key site, or wait a few months to purchase it during a sale.
At the end of the day, you may hate WB/Monolith for loot box stuff, but there are still people working on the game who did a great job, but had no control over horrible design decisions.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
30. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2017, 23:17 The Half Elf

NKD wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 18:16:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 18:11:
Just as I thought, nothing. But thanks for verifying that for me.
You did leave an out by using the word routinely so it's perfectly ok to admit that you can't find anything to back up your statement.

So what I'm getting here is that you want me to ask you for citations for every single claim you make in every post you make until the end of time? And then when you waste your time posting links, I can say they aren't good enough? Do you want me to do this retroactively, or just from now on?

I'm not clear on when we switched to only being able to say things that were literal quotes from a peer reviewed journal. You sure as fuck don't post by those rules.

If it wasn't related to death/suicide then cite whatever you want. But if you are going to make such a bold claim about the subject matter, then YES PLEASE, do cite reliable factual studies to back them up.

13. Re: Destiny 2 Preloads Oct 18, 2017, 22:48 The Half Elf

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 22:19:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 22:07:
Step one: pre-order

Step two: cancel pre-order looking at all the better games coming out this season

Step three: be thankful you're not put into quick matches where you're at a disadvantage unless you've paid for in-game shop items.

Ok I can't tell if you're serious or not with Step 3. If you are, do you not get how hypocritical you are?

A challenge of wits? Will you supply the Iocaine powder and a princess as hostage as well?

And I am not on your ass. Even I have standards.
LOL
But Step 1, really?
Whatever you do half-elf, don't challenge him to an iq test, not even the dotus would do something that dumb. o wait

That's the thing... High IQ doesn't equal common sense. And like Trump, it's this egotistical narcissism thing that people do when they get caught in some sort of bullshit lie/moment/whatever, which results in a a-typical fight or flight response.

I'd expect the next comment would be a measure of dick sizes, or who's dad could beat up who.

*starts taking up tin foil hat origami*

10. Re: Destiny 2 Preloads Oct 18, 2017, 22:17 The Half Elf

Slick,
Welcome to ignore.
Enjoy your stay.

I win.

7. Re: Destiny 2 Preloads Oct 18, 2017, 22:07 The Half Elf

Step one: pre-order

Step three: be thankful you're not put into quick matches where you're at a disadvantage unless you've paid for in-game shop items.

Ok I can't tell if you're serious or not with Step 3. If you are, do you not get how hypocritical you are?

A challenge of wits? Will you supply the Iocaine powder and a princess as hostage as well?

And I am not on your ass. Even I have standards.

4. Re: Destiny 2 Preloads Oct 18, 2017, 21:54 The Half Elf

Slick wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 20:56:
Ech, I was happy this franchise came to PC, I'm still stoked to play through it eventually. The first one was some of the best fun I've had on a console. I just know that it turns into a grind-fest in the late game, and I don't have the time to commit right now. This will be a good game to revisit in early 2018, once it has a few patches.

Grindfest.... said the guy defending Battlefront II and Star Cards.
You're funny.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Oct 18, 2017, 21:49 The Half Elf

I would have used napalm.  

11527 Comments. 577 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo