Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 10464 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Interplay IPs for Sale
23. Re: Interplay IPs for Sale Sep 8, 2016, 01:37 The Half Elf

Rigs wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 00:38:
I'm curious if any of the Star Trek game IPs are available, like Starfleet/Klingon Academy, New Worlds, Starfleet Command...What I wouldn't give for an up-to-date Klingon Academy/Bridge Commander hybrid! Drool Or a Freespace game where you take command of the cruisers/destroyers or carriers?! Oh fuck, someone buy Freespace!!! And please don't let it be fucking Smart, for the love of God! He's probably salivating as we speak...

=-Rigs-=

I doubt it considering I don't think any of the old Interplay Trek games are out besides 25th Ann. and Judgement Rites.

But dear god... an updated Klingon Academy.... *squeeeee*

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer
11. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Sep 7, 2016, 23:30 The Half Elf

Mass Effect Borderlands Edition. Welcome Vault Hunters!  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Interplay IPs for Sale
15. Re: Interplay IPs for Sale Sep 7, 2016, 23:27 The Half Elf

Love to see a Battlechess in the vein of that Pinball game/TT Lego games (aka bunch of different themes).  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 7, 2016, 03:08 The Half Elf

I like SOME of the upgrades they did (lighting, bit more color on Joker/Penguin) but dear god where the hell did all the facial details go? And what the fuck happened to Joker's hair? Did he get into Clark Kent's/Superman's hair gel or what?  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Sep 6, 2016, 21:19 The Half Elf

If I could get my 360 contoller to work with it...  

News Comments > ReCore System Specs
2. Re: ReCore System Specs Sep 6, 2016, 20:58 The Half Elf

From what they originally showed you have 1 core and put it in different 'frames/robots', but it seems now it has changed.  

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Released
1. Re: Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Released Sep 6, 2016, 20:57 The Half Elf

Free or not, rather have multiplayer

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface
43. Re: Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface Sep 6, 2016, 16:46 The Half Elf

I thought he was one of those cincada's? The bug that only shows up every 7 years?

And the answer about his account is yes. But you get all the crap he got via Humble Bundles, and the rest are..... MINE!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 6, 2016, 14:42 The Half Elf

Joker's face looks like it lost quite a bit of detail. And his hair (check out when he's standing on the cage).
The moon looked better in the 1st game.

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year?
40. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 5, 2016, 00:38 The Half Elf

Still would like to know who paid for all the fucking t-shirts, coffee cups, models, posters etc.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
3. Re: Sunday Mobilization Sep 4, 2016, 19:15 The Half Elf

afka Rossini wrote on Sep 4, 2016, 13:59:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 4, 2016, 13:05:
You can hear the difference.
Only if you use gold-plated Monster cables with gold-plated Beats headphones.

please tell me you're joking.

News Comments > Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour
13. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour Sep 3, 2016, 15:34 The Half Elf

When do we hit the 20th Anniversary of Duke Nukem Forever being announced?  

News Comments > Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour
1. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour Sep 3, 2016, 11:54 The Half Elf

When you need to milk something beyond death!  

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
2. Re: New GeForce Drivers Aug 30, 2016, 12:39 The Half Elf

jomisab wrote on Aug 30, 2016, 12:30:
<SARCASM>

Good to see nVidia's on top of support for WoW's cutting-edge graphics engine.

</SARCASM>

Yeah because when you are the top GPU company working with the number one MMO of all time, it might be a good thing to have your 5 million plus customers happy with the NEW GRAPHICS UPDATE that was released with the new expansion. Hell it only took 10 seconds to google.

News Comments > CD Projekt Worth $1B
23. Re: CD Projekt Worth $1B Aug 30, 2016, 06:27 The Half Elf

I'm surprised at you guys. Why would you even care if your company/game was compared to Skyrim?
A copy of your previous game was given to the President of the United States when he came to visit. The leader of YOUR country could have given him ANYTHING, and he chose a video game?!? Last time a video game got that much press was Starcraft 2 going to the ISS.
YOUR company started as a NeverWinter Nights mod for a gaming company that is a shell of it's former self, while you just released your THIRD title with more playable hours in the last game then most AAA titles released this year. Not to mention all the free DLC, and the 100's of hours of the fairly cheap (money/gameplay ration) DLC.
YOUR company is confident in it's last project it decides to put it's game up on a gaming service with no DRM. And reguardless of how much money you did or didn't put into marketing.... you company is now worth over.... ONE BILLION DOLLARS!

Markus Perrson creates a little game that's 1 part survival, 1 part lego, and 1 part retro ugly. Ends up selling the company for FOUR BILLION DOLLARS!

The only thing Skyrim really had going for it (and keeping it activily selling) is the community mods. The community is making FREE content for the game, which in turn sells more copies of the game way beyond a normal games shelf life. That's why Beth back down from the community backlash of paid mods.

More and more "smaller" dev teams and making their own games and their own ideas instead of trying to catch up to the next Skyrim, and it seems to be doing pretty well for them.

As for piracy.I have pirated games for one of several reasons:
To see if I really did want to purchase the game
I had already pre-purchased the game but there was a beta/whatever that was leaked Or lastly I just couldn't afford it at the time, and kept playing it until I could purchase it.
But I have always bought the game, or deleted it as soon I realized I wasn't going to play it or enjoy it.
But at the end of the day, anyone can justify anything they want, as Obi-Wan said "From a certain point of view".

News Comments > The Division's Swedish Patch Mission
8. Re: The Division's Swedish Patch Mission Aug 27, 2016, 21:37 The Half Elf

I've said this before, but they need to quit knee-jerking ways to improve and fix this game, and look at it like Everquest/WoW/Any other MMO with a few expansion packs.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Countdown
9. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 25, 2016, 20:07 The Half Elf

bigspender wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 19:40:
Maybe it's a count down to when everyone involved will die in a bus accident.

The problem is the passengers/employee's of the DNF bus had no control of the person driving the bus.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2016, 10:59 The Half Elf

GO CUBS!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2016, 18:21 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 14:31:
Angler hooks German's todger at nudist lake.

Frankly, that gives me the willies.

Well giving willies is better then catching a willy on a hook

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched
51. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched Aug 24, 2016, 18:19 The Half Elf

The Dawn Engine has some issues.

MSAA even on lowest setting kills the framerate. Bloom, Depth of Vision, and Volumetric lighting at max levels also take a huge FPS hit.
What surprises me is play the benchmark. There are some highway pylons/cones that are used as lights (you can see them behind the Mech Cop as the camera comes around) and watch the bloom/volumetric lighting. The pylons will sway and you can see that the bloom/fog from them are static and show the edges. Also when the benchmark first starts there is a cop and a civie on the ground and watch their shadows and the shadows cast on them by the pipes.

Not a bad engine, but surprised they didn't stick to the Unreal Engine. They use so many pre-rendered cut scenes it's rather shocking, and will switch from in-game (like Adam waking up where you see his arms/legs) and then you walk 3 feet and open the blinds and it's a cgi cutscene, then goes back to in engine, until you take a shower (which switches back to cgi, and the whole hand wiping the glass annoys the FUCK OUT OF ME!).
I will say I do like them using cutscenes for the loading screens as using the train is actually more interesting then looking at a blank load screen.

2 major issues I have are the lip sync (which can be fine for 1 sentence and then go all english dubbed godzilla movie the next), and something is not right with the voice lines volume. 1 sentence you can hear them fine, next I can barely hear them, and I had to crank the music way down to even hear that.

10464 Comments. 524 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo