Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 10321 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > It Came from E3 2016, Part 4
3. Re: It Came from E3 2016, Part 4 Jun 19, 2016, 22:39 The Half Elf

You mean like Star Wars Dark Forces 5: Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Academy?  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 19, 2016, 16:50 The Half Elf

Dan =0) wrote on Jun 19, 2016, 15:48:
Similar sentiments, Half Elf. Mine passed in 2002. Wrote a long, rambly post on FB and started tearing up the more I wrote and remembered (our relationship was somewhat distant).

On a different note - RIP Anton Yelchin.

29 years ago on May 24th, had planned on having my GED done on that day but didn't work out.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 19, 2016, 13:50 The Half Elf

To those who can't be with us, to those who are far away, we raise our glass and toast to you, that we'll meet again one day.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 19, 2016, 13:42 The Half Elf

inveigle88 wrote on Jun 19, 2016, 13:20:
Dead by Daylight is number one and has been for the past 4 days.

That wasn't last week now was it?

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2016, 17:42 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 16:58:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 15:35:
Cutter wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 14:06:
Much like toilet paper is placed properly to underroll and not overroll.
Only if you have a cat...

Anyone who overrolls TP or says gif with a hard G hates freedom and loves the terrorists, I say!

At the same time Cutter you say a lot of things that are just utter nonsense and bullshit, so say what ya want but we do consider the source

And bitch why aren't you on Steam anymore?

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2016, 15:54 The Half Elf

As my autistic friend would say when he hears stuff he doesn't like 'All I heard was "pizza"'.

*takes all the Jif and gets some ritz*

News Comments > Quoteworthy: Microsoft on Returning to Steam
17. Re: Quoteworthy: Microsoft on Returning to Steam Jun 18, 2016, 15:48 The Half Elf

verybad1 wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 12:54:
Task wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 12:14:
potential moneymakers like MechWarrior

Thanks for the morning laugh!

Guess you never play Mechwarrior, Mechwarrior 2 and it's 2 or 3 expansions, Mechwarrior 3, Mechwarrior 4, Mechwarrior 4 Black Knight?

News Comments > Overwatch Competitive Details
4. Re: Overwatch Competitive Details Jun 18, 2016, 08:31 The Half Elf

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 22:46:
To be honest first they should change that on some maps ALL approaches to those AI turrets are within 40m, and thus reward you with an unwinnable situation if coupled with a camping bastion

See that's the thing with Overwatch, it's all rock paper scissors. You just need to have a team that understands the situation and adapts to it. Widow, the Ninja brothers, John Marston are great if it's a straight shot at the turret/bastion from distance, otherwise take a Junkrat or Jet pack girl, or Pig boy or Winston if it's hiding around a corner on tucked in a spot. But I've also had some groups that are more about trying new and fun shit and we made a death wall of 2 Reinharts, 2 Dwarf turrets, a lucio and faith which was unbeatable (could have been easily destroyed by 2 or 3 junk rats). Have all your turrets set up side by side, and have the Reinhart use his shield to protect them, as 1 shield goes down have the other use his shield, Lucio for AOE heals and faith to keep the tanks happy=death star.

News Comments > PlanetSide 1 and Legends of Norrath Closing
7. Re: PlanetSide 1 and Legends of Norrath Closing Jun 18, 2016, 00:42 The Half Elf

There is no 'best experience' with everquest anymore when after 10+ years people are still camping out rooms in lower Guk.  

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jun 17, 2016, 22:29 The Half Elf

It looks like there are pilots in the tow planes and 1 or 2 were ready to be hooked up to the gliders.  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 17, 2016, 15:14 The Half Elf

Caffeine is a drug. The more of a drug you take over time, the more of it you need to maintain the effect.

And I have seen enough to know that taking a 'study' from a local news station probably has as much relevance as me trying to have sex with Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump. (Which is to say NONE so don't even say it!)

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Adding Lando & Bespin
13. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Adding Lando & Bespin Jun 17, 2016, 15:11 The Half Elf

You can do anything you want with a trailer.

Guardians of the Galaxy is a comedy, but if you watch the UK trailer it set as a very serious/moody superhero movie.

Go watch the Battlefield 1 trailers, then go watch the Battlefield 1 44 gameplay video. Vastly different.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: Fox wants back in the henhouse Jun 16, 2016, 15:38 The Half Elf

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 12:17:
There goes the the resale value of my Steam Machine.

If you bought a Steam Machine in the 1st place you have no sympathy from me.

That being said, take all those Window 10 exclusive's and put them on Steam and I'll buy the majority of them.

News Comments > Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed?
39. Re: Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed? Jun 16, 2016, 15:13 The Half Elf

3299 continuous hours
137 days,11 hours,15 minutes

o_O

And that's not counting the hours I still have to finish Witcher 3, Fallout 4, No Man's Sky, Skyrim's last DLC, or the many days Overwatch will suck out of me.

28. Re: Windows Update Jun 16, 2016, 08:59 The Half Elf

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 22:17:
TangledThorns wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 21:30:
DERP. True story.
What are you smoking, meth?

We save smoking of pot and meth for articles involving "the clouds"

News Comments > Overwatch Roadmap
9. Re: Overwatch Roadmap Jun 16, 2016, 08:58 The Half Elf

thecakeisalie wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 21:28:
Most of the people I know, including myself, have already given up on Overhype. Game shipped before it was finished and the netcode/server prediction and matchmaking are horrible. It'll turn into another Heroes of the Storm shortly with a small die-hard fan base and that's it.

Really? I guess out of the 10 million people playing 3 less is pretty good.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2016, 17:17 The Half Elf

Was ready to kill the GED person who designed the site. Last week my teacher and I signed up to take all 4 of the sections of the GED test today. Turns out the system kicked it out and I go to test and they tell me I wasn't scheduled at all. Call GED people (30 mins) to redo it on the phone. So lost an hour of testing, but finished and passed 3 parts, with the last part next Wednesday.

And Cutter stick to wine(whine) not music.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2016, 11:02 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 10:55:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 09:44:
Got my theme music set.

Taking my GED in a few hours. BREAK OUT THE PRAYER BEADS AND BUDDAH!

That's your theme music? Do you want to fail? It's Flag Day, Helf...FLAG DAY! Listen to the Flag Day Song instead. You too, Blue as it's a tribute to ol' Betsy.

Good luck. Use the Force and all that.

Cutter read the fucking lyrics dude, even as a Canadian I know you can read english.

And I am 41. Whats sad/funny is I started GED classes 10 years ago (found my homework from 10 years ago in my notebook dated last month). But decided that since I wasn't working I was going to finish it. But also did some other certifications that look good on a resume.

As a gay guy trust me I've dealt with enough flags, ribbons, colored t-shirts etc to last me awhile.

News Comments > The Division Underground Details
3. Re: The Division Underground Details Jun 15, 2016, 10:01 The Half Elf

He fixed it but I meant the Dev's working on the Division.
Was working on the weekly assignment and I had to go into the Dark Zone. I found one of the high end named NPC's. Took me about 20 mins to kill him and the other NPC's in the group (and a few deaths). A sealed Green container dropped off the guy (which like Diablo is part of a set). I then haul ass to one of the easier extraction areas, clear out the baddies and call in a helicopter to extract my goods.
4 other guys show up, helicopter drops it's chain and me and the other 4 guys hook up our loot. As soon as I turn around they have cut the rope and kill me. Not a fucking thing I could do, all that work for nothing.
I get risk vs reward, but it sucked and there was NO option besides just watch.

News Comments > The Division Underground Details
1. Re: The Division Underground Details Jun 15, 2016, 09:47 The Half Elf

They really need to get some fucking help with The Division.  

10321 Comments. 517 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo