Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 11270 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Delayed
14. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Delayed Jul 31, 2017, 22:24 The Half Elf

Anyone remember when this was suppose to be a Wing Commander game, and not the second coming of Second Life?  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2017, 18:02 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Jul 31, 2017, 17:28:
How do you satirize a guy like Scaramucci? He was already so over the top.

I've never seen anything like this administration. I don't even recall anything similar in a first world country. Duterte is similar and much worse in many ways, but even he is accomplishing things. The Trump administration is chaos and incompetence top to bottom.

Andrew Dice Clay.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2017, 12:20 The Half Elf

ItBurn wrote on Jul 31, 2017, 11:51:
The Half Elf wrote on Jul 31, 2017, 11:36:
Anyone who puts the last Indiana Jones movie in the top three, let alone the top two needs to... fuck it this is the guy who let Michael Bay fuck up Transformers.

Yeah, Spielberg has lost it years ago. I'm going to blame the arrival of his kids. I read an interview a while ago that he said that having kids changed how he makes movies. His last truly great movie was Saving Private Ryan in my opinion. That was in 98! All his others are generally "meh" for me.

But at the same time he had kids before Saving Private Ryan, AND they visited the set when they did the beach invasion because he had the crew cover up the bodies when they showed up.

Two VR questions for people with them.
1) Not sure why but the wall sensors are kinda creepy. I know they are watching me.... but I think they REALLY are watching me. *goes and puts post it notes on them* It's almost like Portal Camera's or something.
2) After playing yesterday, I had a phantom feeling of the cord over my shoulder... that normal?

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2017, 11:36 The Half Elf

Anyone who puts the last Indiana Jones movie in the top three, let alone the top two needs to... fuck it this is the guy who let Michael Bay fuck up Transformers.  

News Comments > ARK Gold; Full Release Delayed
1. Re: ARK Gold; Full Release Delayed Jul 31, 2017, 11:16 The Half Elf

Why delay the "Gold" version digitally? Oh that's right, console whore money.  

News Comments > AMD Vega Graphics Cards and New CPUs Revealed
3. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Jul 31, 2017, 11:15 The Half Elf

Sorry AMD/ATI, while you look good on paper, I'm not taking your word on performance until retail cards are benchmarked.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2017, 10:10 The Half Elf

As I said "for now" when I got into playing Bridge Crew last night with mrgrosser (always fun to trash talk the npc's on the bridge), you don't notice it. The lens issue is more an issue when you're just taking everything in, but the 'sweet spot' and once the action starts you don't notice it at all.

Now I just have to rearrange my office to get another 2 meters to play the Star Wars demo/game.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
1. Re: Sunday Interviews Jul 30, 2017, 21:55 The Half Elf

Hey Blue I have an observation about this game and news on this game on this site. Not a bad thing at all just wondering if you had a fondness for it? (obviously not as big as your Rock Band one)  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2017, 19:33 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Jul 30, 2017, 14:18:
The U.S. Court of Appeals in Washington, D.C., on Friday ordered aviation regulators to consider setting minimum standards for the space airlines give passengers.

Really? That's it? Not set an actual standard, simply consider one? Well gee that's a big help isn't it? Rolleyes

So an article about a new blue flower and not one single picture? Rolleyes

Helf, you get your Vive yet?

Yeah, but had a shit short day at work so got it setup, updated, placed, I got to finally spend some time in Bridge Crew.

Few things I've noticed... like a lense glare off the lenses at first (finally found 'the sweet spot'). HTC can't make software for shit (not the Vive itself but it's storefront and the 3 different HTC pages to register/setup/store front). Also there is a circular pattern on the lenses that at least for now is noticeable to me, as well as the hexagon screen door look. But this is my first time using any sort of VR consumer grade headset.
I think I spent more time looking at my hands and the VR depth in game then actually playing.

And the worst problem of all is my Cat is actually a dog shaped like a cat. And he loves to play and fetch bread/cable ties. Well the Vive has about 20 of them. They WERE left in the box until he nudged the box and heard them inside. He then proceeded to get them ALL out of the box. So by the time I go to bed tonight they will all be either in the bed on my side where I sleep, or I'm going to end up stepping on all of them when I get up in the morning (he puts them there so I cant miss them and throw them for him). Thanks HTC!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2017, 18:15 The Half Elf

The scars came from a combination of yard work, snow shoveling, and hauling the AC up from the basement.  

21. Re: what happened to out of the blue ? Jul 28, 2017, 19:45 The Half Elf

Is it bad that when you are cleaning out old computer stuff you find a Earthlink 5.0 cd, or a geforce 4 fan, or enough AOL CD's to start your own Archimedes death ray, and enough modem cord to hang a 2 lane suspension bridge.

Reason for all the cleaning? Due to Amazon work bonus during Prime Week, picked up a HTC Vive for 23 bucks. And yes Cutter, on Sunday when I finally get to play Star Trek Bridge Crew, you will in fact hear me squee.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 28, 2017, 12:39 The Half Elf

Watched a few of Rocky's videos. Damn impressive.  

News Comments > Doomfist Joins Overwatch
1. Re: Doomfist Joins Overwatch Jul 27, 2017, 23:21 The Half Elf

Or just fucking remove duplicates all together?  

News Comments > EA Financials
1. Re: EA Financials Jul 27, 2017, 19:05 The Half Elf

Wonder why Mass Effect isn't listed in the Results....  

News Comments > Dead Alliance Open Beta
4. Re: Dead Alliance Open Beta Jul 27, 2017, 18:35 The Half Elf

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 27, 2017, 18:02:
Aren't these the same guys who made Friday the 13th: The Game and all of the problems and drama associated with it?

Because opening Steam and looking at the dev team of it is really hard to do?

News Comments > Standalone Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
1. Re: Standalone Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered Jul 27, 2017, 17:28 The Half Elf

How about I send them my CD key for the original and they give it to me for 20 bucks.  

News Comments > MS on PC Gaming
21. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 27, 2017, 07:45 The Half Elf

Yeah I know we are up to Halo 5, but they did come out. Yeah Halo 1 had some initial issues but then again it also came out for the original Xbox. And yeah Halo 2 was a Vista exclusive, but wasn't bad (never had Vista myself but still was a decent port).

I will give Microsoft credit for Forza Horizon 3 and Gears of War 4. I bought them for Windows and got free copies on the Xbox One. Is it perfect? Hell no, but considering how long Microsoft has been dangling a carrot for PC gamers you have to admit it's a pretty good start. Not to mention they run better on my PC then the Xbox One.

7. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 26, 2017, 22:10 The Half Elf

Halo 1 and 2 were on PC.  

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jul 26, 2017, 21:48 The Half Elf

That.... was.... AWESOME.  

4. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 26, 2017, 21:42 The Half Elf

Ok.... remastered Crimson Skies, or Mechwarrior 4....... *starts hyperventilating*  

11270 Comments. 564 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo