Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 10321 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Announced
14. Re: LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Announced Feb 3, 2016, 02:25 The Half Elf

Alpaca San wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 19:24:
The Half Elf wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 18:39:
Really? That's sucks from a standpoint of not using anything from the first 3 movies to improve Battlefront.

Everything in Battlefront is from the first three movies... maybe one day someone will make Episode I, II, and III, but I'm quite certain there has never been any made before New Hope.

I meant episodes 1-3

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Need for Speed Most Wanted Free on Origin
10. Re: Need for Speed Most Wanted Free on Origin Feb 3, 2016, 02:05 The Half Elf

Was actually one of the better of the series, and if I remember correctly this was the first open world/city of the series.

Yup not the one I remember. It looks.. eh...

This comment was edited on Feb 3, 2016, 05:52.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > GRIP Early Access
3. Re: GRIP Early Access Feb 3, 2016, 02:04 The Half Elf

Now... a racing game for single men everywhere! GRIP sometimes you just need to hang on with BOTH hands.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2016, 01:36 The Half Elf

Don't Drive Angry!  

10. Re: LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Announced Feb 2, 2016, 18:39 The Half Elf

DangerDog wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 18:17:
It was quite comical hearing the excuse for EA not having any force awakens DLC for Battlefront. According to EA they're not allowed to mix old with new because of the contract with Disney, you have to remain in cannon for the period of time the game is set in.

Really? That's sucks from a standpoint of not using anything from the first 3 movies to improve Battlefront.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Ant Simulator saga Feb 2, 2016, 16:52 The Half Elf

When your a kick starter dev, when is ANY bar tab considered acceptable?  

7. Re: LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Announced Feb 2, 2016, 16:18 The Half Elf

As a Lego lover and owning all but 2 of the Lego games I won't be buying this. The movie was bad enough.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
5. Re: Evening Patches Feb 2, 2016, 06:14 The Half Elf

Nuhaus wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 01:53:
FleX-Powered Weapon Debris

This looks awesome. Wondering if my GTX 980 will be able to make full use of it.

I have a 970 gtx and did the Battle of Bunker Hill mission and shit was flying EVERYWHERE and didn't see any performance hits.

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Feb 1, 2016, 21:03 The Half Elf

Where's the GECK?  

22. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2016, 18:23 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Feb 1, 2016, 15:16:
Primalchrome wrote on Feb 1, 2016, 14:35:
Pigeon wrote on Feb 1, 2016, 14:13:
I've tried the $20 ones you can buy in the store, unfortunately they're bulky enough they interfere with my sleep
Have you tried a low profile boil-n-bite sports mouthpiece at a sports store for $15. If you mold it properly, it will stay while sleeping and provide protection from grinding.

Have you tried listening to R. Kelly's There's Nothing Wrong With a Little Bump and Grind/? I understand that it's about this topic of teeth grinding, ostensibly at any rate.

Only if your into watersports

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 31, 2016, 21:50 The Half Elf

Sorta, but they use the 'phase tech' like WoW Wrath of the Litch king. So when I enter the community zone I just walk in and people are there. I leave back to the city and it's just me and my group. But you can still hear events going on in the dark zone from other players, I just imagine the gates are there to prevent griefing.  

News Comments > Sunday Previews
8. Re: Sunday Previews Jan 31, 2016, 16:25 The Half Elf

Ozmodan wrote on Jan 31, 2016, 16:05:
Could be a good game, but the Beta was most certainly a buggy mess. A beta is supposed to get the minor bugs out, I have to agree with
Ars, this crap was pre alpha at best.

I have a better than the recommended rig and it crawled at times and I did not have the graphic settings on high.

Good luck using a mouse, I continually had major problems with mine.

Game is just not ready for human consumption.

What mouse problems did you have? Only two issues I had was at times starting the game you couldn't fire any weapons (fixed by restarting), and on occasion would get a network error trying to join friends teams while they were in a Dark Zone while I was not or vice versa.

Only real issues I had with the UI was having to use the spacebar in the menu's, and using the mouse and keyboard could result in you thinking you selected something with the mouse but the keyboard took priority.

News Comments > Sunday Previews
6. Re: Sunday Previews Jan 31, 2016, 15:12 The Half Elf

But the AI is smart enough to do things like flank you, nade you out of cover, or send in 1 melee guy to rush you while the rest wait for you to pop out of cover.

Sadly the beta was fairly limited, but quite enjoyable. And not the typical Ubisoft formula.

Few things I thought were interesting:
The Echo's that give bits of story about what happened to the people trying to survive after the outbreak.
Standing outside a Dark Zone you could see extraction flares and hear weapons fire.
People/groups would work together more in a Dark Zone then what I thought they would.
The world/game is quite impressive from a graphics standpoint and with everything 2 but 2 settings maxed had 60fps.
The enviromental weather system is just fucking sexy as hell. Sunny cold day, to many different levels of fog, to white out, to just tons of snow.
Finding friends and getting in groups with them was really easy, as I had no problems finding grosser, Batz, Agent, friends and playing with them.
It is quite a bit more tactical then I thought it would be. Yeah it might take more then 1-3 hits to kill someone, but you have to use the right tool for the job. Gear has stats on it like extra damage to headshots with a 12x scope I had on my rifle.

Very much looking forward to the full game.

BTW.... how do you call your website Ars Technica and play on an inferior console?

This comment was edited on Jan 31, 2016, 15:52.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2016, 02:15 The Half Elf

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 30, 2016, 18:09:
The Half Elf wrote on Jan 30, 2016, 18:00:
LgFriess wrote on Jan 30, 2016, 17:38:
The Half Elf wrote on Jan 30, 2016, 16:21:
I'm still looking for the ANY key...

Took me a second to figure out what the hell you were talking about!

But I do know where the turn signal fluid goes.
I remember when you had to grease the muffler bearings.

Muffler bearings actually ARE real.

News Comments > Star Citizen Becomes Two Games Next Month
36. Re: Star Citizen Becomes Two Games Next Month Jan 31, 2016, 00:48 The Half Elf

Kxmode wrote on Jan 31, 2016, 00:45:
The Half Elf wrote on Jan 30, 2016, 14:29:
Is it me or is Star Citizen the Donald Trump of gaming?

Worse. Star Citizen is the Charles Manson of gaming. Cult-like and bat-shit crazy.

Sir you made my evening

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2016, 18:00 The Half Elf

LgFriess wrote on Jan 30, 2016, 17:38:
The Half Elf wrote on Jan 30, 2016, 16:21:

Took me a second to figure out what the hell you were talking about!

But I do know where the turn signal fluid goes.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2016, 16:21 The Half Elf

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 30, 2016, 14:35 The Half Elf

4 billion eh? Wouldn't it be better spent on the schools first, like say in... Michigan?  

News Comments > Star Citizen Becomes Two Games Next Month
10. Re: Star Citizen Becomes Two Games Next Month Jan 30, 2016, 14:29 The Half Elf

Is it me or is Star Citizen the Donald Trump of gaming?  

News Comments > The Division Beta Filling Up
1. Re: The Division Beta Filling Up Jan 29, 2016, 21:33 The Half Elf

I will say the game looks good. Beta is fairly limited size wise, but if you love weather fx the game is amazing. So far have to say I'm rather enjoying it, until I get a team of idiots who want to go into the dark zone and just start randomly attacking people and getting us killed.  

10321 Comments. 517 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo