Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 10714 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 5, 2016, 13:58 The Half Elf

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 13:01:
Dev wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 10:43:
Youtubers in top 10 for second week? heh

Shall we hunt them down and make America grate again?

I don't think grate means what you think it means.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battleborn Writer Leaves Gearbox
20. Re: Battleborn Writer Leaves Gearbox Jun 5, 2016, 11:17 The Half Elf

shinchan0s wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 10:59:
D_K_night wrote on Jun 4, 2016, 23:54:
shinchan0s wrote on Jun 4, 2016, 17:46:
Slick wrote on Jun 4, 2016, 16:18:
"gearbox has writers?"

are you fucking kidding me?

this is either a pithy troll attempt, or you legitimately don't know what you're talking about. I'm guessing the latter.

Battleborn is so far the funniest game I've played since Portal 2. Totally unexpected. It's not all AAA-grade comedy, but a big chunk of it is, and the shit that characters say in MP just makes me start crying it's so good. That's probably the most noticeable thing coming from BattleBorn to Overwatch... Overwatch is fucking dry and boring and tries to take itself seriously... I'd much rather hear my character taunt the enemy with "Public school student!" instead of "The reckoning is here". BARF.

Although speaking of funny games, the mini game where you catapult portal-style personality cores in valve's "The Lab" demo for the vive is also really funny, with a cameo from Justin Roiland no less!

I just hope that the writer in this story will have the freedom to keep up this irreverant tone with the new job on offer..

There's no accounting for taste. There are people out there that actually like the Star Wars prequels and Community's 4th season.

I'm with you man. I love Battleborn's humor and the character designs are better than Overwatch IMO. Tracer's accent is beyond irritating. Blizzard just nailed it with the more mainstream appeal.

"Blizzard just nailed it with the more mainstream appeal." That's the funny thing about you guys here on Blues News.

It's as if you guys are just about the indie stuff or cheering on for the little guys. And yet if in a parallel universe where Battleborn and Overwatch has their userbase numbers reversed, there wouldn't be even any mention of Blizzard.

I'm not seeing you guys lob snide comments on how League of Legends continues to completely trounce Heroes of the Storm in playerbase and viewership on Twitch and tourneys.

The funny thing is that gameplaywise and mechanics-wise, the two games couldn't be more different from each other. They aren't even competing in the same space. If anything Overwatch is competing against the Team Fortress and Dirty Bomb franchises. It had no intention whatsoever of going up against Battleborn.

Battleborn just happened to be an innocent bystander-type casualty.

Well, by mainstream appeal I meant the character designs I actually prefer Overwatch gameplay-wise, but Battleborn's universe is more interesting. Blizzard always plays it safe when it comes to their art and for good reason apparently.

Plays it safe?
People were bitching and moaning about WoW's art style in which Blizzard said they were keeping the same look and feel of established Warcraft 3.
Blizzard went back and redid all of the Starcraft art after the 1st showing of the game everyone bitched that it looked like Warcraft 2.
They did a really beautiful almost watercolor/painted type look in Diablo 3.
Battleborn is Borderlands without the cel shading.

Battleborn's Lore in a Min.
Overwatch's Lore in a Min.

Only 1 planet of importance in the universe.... you mean like in Borderlands 1 and 2, Wildstar MMO, and I'm sure a few other games I can't think of off the top of my head.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

18. Re: Battleborn Writer Leaves Gearbox Jun 5, 2016, 09:45 The Half Elf

Blue wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 09:37:
Blizzard wouldn't implement a loot system of a billion gun combinations and at the end of the day only a handful of them are actually worth getting.

Sounds like someone didn't play the Auction House version of Diablo III.

Touche Blue.
But at least there was an Auction House to get rid of the crap (but at the end of the day monetizing it turned it into a mess) and was ultimately removed. But what is the saying.. 'One man's trash is another man's treasure'?

16. Re: Battleborn Writer Leaves Gearbox Jun 5, 2016, 09:19 The Half Elf

D_K_night wrote on Jun 4, 2016, 23:54:
shinchan0s wrote on Jun 4, 2016, 17:46:
Slick wrote on Jun 4, 2016, 16:18:
"gearbox has writers?"

are you fucking kidding me?

this is either a pithy troll attempt, or you legitimately don't know what you're talking about. I'm guessing the latter.

Battleborn is so far the funniest game I've played since Portal 2. Totally unexpected. It's not all AAA-grade comedy, but a big chunk of it is, and the shit that characters say in MP just makes me start crying it's so good. That's probably the most noticeable thing coming from BattleBorn to Overwatch... Overwatch is fucking dry and boring and tries to take itself seriously... I'd much rather hear my character taunt the enemy with "Public school student!" instead of "The reckoning is here". BARF.

Although speaking of funny games, the mini game where you catapult portal-style personality cores in valve's "The Lab" demo for the vive is also really funny, with a cameo from Justin Roiland no less!

I just hope that the writer in this story will have the freedom to keep up this irreverant tone with the new job on offer..

There's no accounting for taste. There are people out there that actually like the Star Wars prequels and Community's 4th season.

I'm with you man. I love Battleborn's humor and the character designs are better than Overwatch IMO. Tracer's accent is beyond irritating. Blizzard just nailed it with the more mainstream appeal.

"Blizzard just nailed it with the more mainstream appeal." That's the funny thing about you guys here on Blues News.

It's as if you guys are just about the indie stuff or cheering on for the little guys. And yet if in a parallel universe where Battleborn and Overwatch has their userbase numbers reversed, there wouldn't be even any mention of Blizzard.

I'm not seeing you guys lob snide comments on how League of Legends continues to completely trounce Heroes of the Storm in playerbase and viewership on Twitch and tourneys.

The funny thing is that gameplaywise and mechanics-wise, the two games couldn't be more different from each other. They aren't even competing in the same space. If anything Overwatch is competing against the Team Fortress and Dirty Bomb franchises. It had no intention whatsoever of going up against Battleborn.

Battleborn just happened to be an innocent bystander-type casualty.

Well here is the difference between Blizzard and Gearbox.
Blizzard doesn't show some amazing video of a game and pull a bait and switch like Gearbox did with Aliens CM. Gearbox doesn't have the level of polish that Blizzard has. Blizzard wouldn't implement a loot system of a billion gun combinations and at the end of the day only a handful of them are actually worth getting.

Now if you want to compare LoL vs Hots lets do that. I have never been a MOBA player, I tried LoL a few times and I think the entry level for it is similar to EVE Online. If you stick with it and really understand all the characters and gear and builds you can have a great time with it. On the other hand HotS has a very easy entry level. I just have to worry about skills, I already know the characters from the rest of the Blizzard games and have a pretty good idea what to expect. And view numbers, um DUH. LoL has a much bigger playerbase and viewership because it's the Coca-Cola of the MOBA universe and HotS is the Pepsi. Both are great, but Coke was around longer, is much more established and overall is much bigger. HotS is newer, has pretty much the same taste but is the new kid on the block. No one is saying it's bad, just a different taste for a different generation.

And Gearbox isn't 'the little guys'. As I stated before they fucked over previous dedicated gamers with Aliens CM, they had great co-op and writing with Borderlands 1 and 2 even though they tried to milk 1 more game out with the Pre-Sequel (and was so bored with it that I never finished it), and from the Battleborn beta (while the writing was funny as hell) the gameplay was boring, uninspired and felt meh.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
8. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 4, 2016, 23:00 The Half Elf

Goes back to an excellent Star Trek TNG episode where Data is on trial to determine if he is sentient or not.
If a machine is sentient, and we build 1000 or 100,000's of them, then are they a race, and if we own them is it slavery?

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 4, 2016, 20:50 The Half Elf

So turns out the guy who was banned, also has a wonderful history of attacking other players and was even arrested in 2013 in Orlando after attacking another player and his ex-girlfriend at a tourney. Not to mention he was also arrested on jury tampering charges.  

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Starter Edition
12. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Starter Edition Jun 4, 2016, 20:27 The Half Elf

Played for 2 hours then requested a refund (yay Steam Refund!).

Not enough substance even if the full game was 15 bucks.

So you get all the maps (no DLC) and they randomly pick 2 operators for ya (of the basic generic ones). And you get to pick 2 operators from a very small selection (or 1 depending on which one ya want).
Bait and Switch.
No thank you.

10. Re: Battleborn Writer Leaves Gearbox Jun 4, 2016, 20:15 The Half Elf

Dentorro wrote on Jun 4, 2016, 18:04:
Slick wrote on Jun 4, 2016, 16:23:
and for any that missed it, BattleBorn had one of the slickest intros I've seen in a while. Looks like the studio who did Samurai Champloo...

CHECKIT

Was already turned off by the beta, but this has got to be one of the worst intro's I've ever had the displeasure of seeing, not impressed at all.

Ditto

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jun 4, 2016, 13:42 The Half Elf

"Here is an announcement we are going to be on Steam, we have no fucking clue (but probably) will be 'Foxed' by EA/Disney"

Wish them luck, but we all know this is going to end badly.

2. Re: Battleborn Writer Leaves Gearbox Jun 4, 2016, 11:08 The Half Elf

The humor was good in what I played of it during the beta, but the gameplay was meh at best.  

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Starter Edition
6. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Starter Edition Jun 3, 2016, 21:27 The Half Elf

While it doesn't seem like a bad game, it's more of a SWAT game than a Rainbow Six Game. May give it a shot, but wasn't what I was hoping for with the R6 name.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Mandalore’s Revenge
6. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Mandalore’s Revenge Jun 3, 2016, 19:43 The Half Elf

JohnBirshire wrote on Jun 3, 2016, 18:11:
I would play this if the engine wasn't so "clunky". It doesn't have a smooth feel whatsoever like other MMOs.

Google The Old Republic remove bitraider

Granted you will have to redownload the entire game but it removes that torrent client they use and greatly improves framerate/jittering.

Hardware > Washer/Dryer - hardware right!?
4. Re: Washer/Dryer - hardware right!? Jun 3, 2016, 17:41 The Half Elf

I have a 'older' HE Whirlpool Duet's and love them. Even has a cleaning cycle (turn nob to clean, throw in some bleach and turn on) so I never have issues with mold.
And the washer and dryer are big enough to wash a down comforter in without problems (just have to fluff it every 15 mins in a dryer). If ya need storage you can get the pedestal's for them to sit on (good for laundry shit) but also nice because the height means you don't have to bend over to pull stuff out of the washer and dryer.

News Comments > 7 Million Play Overwatch, Minus a Bunch of Cheaters
11. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jun 2, 2016, 23:20 The Half Elf

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 21:29:
The game is a lot of fun. I'll play several matches each night. I still kinda suck, but I have improved. The balance is fairly good, with only a few tweaks needed most likely. It'll be interesting to see what kind of longevity it has.

Friend me on B.net at TheHalfElf#11957 I play with mrgrosser and mordicai, and would be more then happy to help ya learn the game and tactics.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Jun 2, 2016, 21:23 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 21:19:
Mike wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 21:02:
I'm 53, male, and play video games daily. World Of Tanks, BF4, Uncharted 4 (amongst others) on the console. I've been playing since my (then) wife won a Nintendo 64 when they first came out - haven't stopped!

I suspect (and hope) we're going to see a huge shift in gaming, as the 2600/NES generation ages. It's going to become less of an age stigma and more of something everyone does...

(I turned 41 a few months ago.)

Ditto nin, should we get matching canes with tennis balls on the bottom (UP style?)

7. Re: 7 Million Play Overwatch, Minus a Bunch of Cheaters Jun 2, 2016, 21:20 The Half Elf

Just because someone has a level of 1 and someone has a level of 20 means NOTHING. There is no gear, or cards, unless you could some stickers and skins to be UBER OP'd!  

3. Re: 7 Million Play Overwatch, Minus a Bunch of Cheaters Jun 2, 2016, 20:41 The Half Elf

Yeah but the murder rate......  

News Comments > Mafia II Back on Steam; Mafia III CE Unveiled
21. Re: Mafia II Back on Steam; Mafia III CE Unveiled Jun 2, 2016, 11:09 The Half Elf

Tachikoma wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 10:30:
The story makes sense: you`re a brother from a black MOB wrecking revenge on the Italian MAFIA. So I suppose it`s a MAFIA game, okay?

My only problem is that the main dude is so pumped up and psychotic it kind of ruins the party. Gee, smoke a doob or something. I suppose revenge is a serious thing, but come on.

And then there`s gameplay, if they again wanna try and sell me an open city which is actually an empty city, then it`d be a bummer.

Ya nailed it for me sir.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2016, 10:41 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 10:00:
I would hope, with it's size, that maybe it couldn't move that fast, but I wouldn't risk it, either.

I saw somewhere where one of the people that works at the golf said it's been there awhile, so I guess it's used to people.

All you can eat buffet in brightly easily to spot colors, perfect lawn care, and a pool? What's not to love!

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jun 2, 2016, 08:44 The Half Elf

Ok looking for more Overwatch players. I'd really like to start a regular group as mrgrosser, mordicai, and myself were playing last night.  

10714 Comments. 536 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo