Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 11255 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > LEGO Worlds in February
4. Re: LEGO Worlds in February Nov 29, 2016, 15:37 The Half Elf

You can't even create your own vehicles  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ubisoft Adding Cross-Platform VR Support
2. Re: Ubisoft Adding Cross-Platform VR Support Nov 29, 2016, 09:02 The Half Elf

siapnar wrote on Nov 28, 2016, 23:19:
Eagle flight looks cool so I looked it up on the store. 60 bucks

HA!

If I'm not mistaken Eagles Flight uses one of the cities from the Assassin's Creed series.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
15. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Nov 29, 2016, 09:02 The Half Elf

VaranDragon wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 03:10:
Watchdogs came out in May 2014. Im suspicious of a sequel for an AAA title that has taken 2 years to complete. Why anyone would preorder this anyway after the total mess and hypefest that was the original game is beyond me anyway, but hey at least it proves that MARKETING WORKS right?

How was the first game a total mess and hypefest? It was pretty good.

And when you have a very solid engine (Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs, Steep, Ghost Recon's Wildlands) and quite a few studios, it's fairly easy to build the assets. Hell look at the time from from Assassin's Creed 3, Black Flag, Rogue, Unity and Syndicate.

14. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Nov 29, 2016, 08:58 The Half Elf

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 08:34:
Slick wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 03:33:
Oh and what I've played of the SP is surprisingly good too, some parts are a bit hit and miss, but all in all it's great "fun". In that it's actually fun, but it's also meant to be ingested as cheap fun, tongue-in-cheek, not taking itself seriously fun.

So it's like Saints Row and MR ROBOT had a drunken hatefuck and this was the result 9 months later?

Actually yeah, but more LOL Mr Robot (but I'm only 4 episodes into that series). I miss more of the dark theme of the first game, as this is more the Care Bears/My Little Pony version.

5. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Nov 28, 2016, 22:47 The Half Elf

Game performs well, but the driving sucks. And by sucks I mean cars are on rails/stick to the road. Would have prefered a halfway between more GTA driving. Co-Op is quite a bit of fun as well.

Also there is a 5 gig HD texture pack as well.

This comment was edited on Nov 28, 2016, 23:00.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2016, 16:25 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Nov 28, 2016, 15:10:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 28, 2016, 14:47:
Cutter wrote on Nov 28, 2016, 12:43:
Anyone have any thoughts on a GTX 1060. I'm tossing up either Asus or MSI at this point. Any other brand recs - excepting Sapphire and Gigabyte as my experiences with them have been bad? I've seen some good reviews for some other brands like HIS, Zotac, PNY, but don't know anything about them.

Save up a bit more and go with a 1070. But then again I thought you weren't going to get a Nvidia card because they were overpriced brand named items?

They are overpriced IMO but for this iteration of cards and price points the 1060 is the better card as it runs 10-15 degrees cooler on average and sips the same amount of power. The only upside to the 480 at this point is you can use it in SLI where you can't with the 1060 and that's really not a concern of mine. And as for the price being "a bit more" the price between the cheapest 1060 and 1070 at Canada Computers at the moment is $155 dollars with most cards seeing a difference of $200 plus. That's a pretty substantial "bit more" for an extra 2 gigs of memory and what amounts to about an overall 25% improvement over the 1060.

Plus I'm gaming at 1080p and have no plans to swap my monitor anytime soon. And then there's real life. This has been an expensive summer as I've done a lot of renos around here, built some new furniture, including a bed frame for my new memory foam matress - which is awesome btw - and had to drop 2k on my ride, and I still need 2 new rims and tires so that's going to set me back at least another $500. So yeah, at this point the well has run dry and that $150-$200 difference is too much at this point in time.

If you want to do VR I HIGHLY suggest a 1070. Do a little googling my canadian bacon

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2016, 14:47 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Nov 28, 2016, 12:43:
Anyone have any thoughts on a GTX 1060. I'm tossing up either Asus or MSI at this point. Any other brand recs - excepting Sapphire and Gigabyte as my experiences with them have been bad? I've seen some good reviews for some other brands like HIS, Zotac, PNY, but don't know anything about them.

Save up a bit more and go with a 1070. But then again I thought you weren't going to get a Nvidia card because they were overpriced brand named items?

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 28, 2016, 10:14 The Half Elf

Take Arkham City or Arkham Knight and make it online co-op and I'll give ya another 40 bucks Rocksteady!  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Foundation Update Live
15. Re: No Man's Sky Foundation Update Live Nov 27, 2016, 20:37 The Half Elf

Get over it. Tired of people who make blanket statements without and fucking clue what they are talking about. If people would actually take the time, do a little research about the topic before they posted the internet as a whole would be a better place.

And it has nothing to do with a Fanboy/boi/whatever. I (along with millions of other gamers) were excited for No Man's Sky. Same with Star Citizen. But when we are lied to, and strung along, then ignored don't expect me (or anyone else) to be happy about it.
If you're in a bad abusive relationship and break up with a person you generally don't get all 'GOLLY GEE WIZ I'M SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU!' every time you meet your ex.

And he did read it. Saying "I just read the first sentence and the last" is like saying 'Because I was an idiot and didn't know better and don't want to be corrected I'm just going to say I ignored it"

News Comments > No Man's Sky Foundation Update Live
11. Re: No Man's Sky Foundation Update Live Nov 27, 2016, 18:09 The Half Elf

ItBurn wrote on Nov 27, 2016, 13:35:
In my opinion, if you believe everything devs tell you about a game that is far from being released, you're the one at fault. Especially for that kind of indie game... I didn't have unrealistic expectations, I didn't preorder and I harbor no ill sentiment against them. A tiny novice indie team with an AAA fan base and expectations, it's impressive they actually shipped something without complete mental breakdown. Also, a ton of other devs have done things similar to this and you almost never hear about that kind of backlash from the public. It's a bit hypocritical. I didn't buy the game yet, especially because it's way too much money for what it is, but I'll definitely check it out later when they finish it.

Ok I'm calling bullshit.
1st, Sean Murray went on a national PR tour promoting the game and features up until a week before the games launch. They were backed by Sony, and had major gaming sites whoring over them (IGN). Made an appearance on Stephen Colbert's show where he again repeatedly lied through his teeth. Peter Molyneux is a big time dreamer but even he would come clean about what did and didn't make it into the game long before a game went BETA, let alone after a game went Gold.
And a fan base was made based off things the dev team TOLD the public which generated interest and created the base. And as for backlash, um, yeah did you not hear about Aliens Colonial Marines? Or how about all of the choices you make in the Mass Effect series that came down to being fucking worthless. So much that they patched in another ending? Microsft and DRM with the Xbox One (which again to backlash they removed).

Do some fucking research.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2016, 16:31 The Half Elf

SlimRam, damn I am truly sorry for what you have had to endure this year.
I know a few other Blue'ers have had a pretty rough year. And while I'm not religious, you all are in my thoughts and prayers, and hopefully we'll make it to 2017.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 27, 2016, 14:54 The Half Elf

Planet Coaster is awesome *cue Everything is Awesome song*
Some of the sculptures people are making out of the terrain tools is impressive (Yoda, Dragons, etc).

News Comments > Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence
15. Re: Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence Nov 26, 2016, 18:35 The Half Elf

Prez wrote on Nov 26, 2016, 17:56:
I never really get the "too little too late" comments that get thrown around whenever a dev tries to update a game that wasn't what it should have been at launch. If you paid $60 for the game, isn't developer support post launch a good thing?

It's the PR Fluff piece that totally ignores that the game launched without explicit features.
But you don't sit there and try to polish yourself up by saying 'we spent 5 years developing a game, 6 weeks updating a broken game (even after changing the release date multiple times), 7 patches, and THEN have the balls to talk about adding crap to a game instead of offering what was original promised.
Not to mention this is the 1st response from Hello Games beyond patch notes since the games launch.

Had they been upfront and honest about features, reduced the price of the game, and not had a communication blackout, things (pretty sure) would be different from a consumer standpoint. But as it stands, Hello Games can go fuck themselves.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 26, 2016, 15:40 The Half Elf

Mrs Brady and Castro, talk about Yin/Yang.

And that guy was "barely" hit, bullshit, he still had hair!

Sorry about your Witcher 3 problems, but it will be worth it.

(pre caffeine edit)

This comment was edited on Nov 26, 2016, 16:27.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2016, 19:19 The Half Elf

The Division Season pass is on sale on Steam but not on the Uplay store.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2016, 16:00 The Half Elf

So we started "Peak" yesterday at Amazon and I have to tell you, so far I am bored out of my life. With a new distribution system for the midwest and a new sort center in New Jersey, we are so slow it's fucking insane. I don't do well standing around and waiting for trucks to show up.
So please do me a favor and buy more shit on Amazon. I'm bored and need something to do!

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Nov 23, 2016, 22:33 The Half Elf

Shok wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 20:28:
Finally picked up Civ 6 on GMG for $43 with BLACKFRIDAY10 code.

Or saved even 10 more bucks and gotten it from a key site like CDkeys.

News Comments > Wacky Wheels HD
5. Re: Wacky Wheels HD Nov 23, 2016, 12:16 The Half Elf

Mode 7 from the SNES days returns in FULL HD!  

News Comments > Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun Demo
4. Re: Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun Demo Nov 22, 2016, 22:09 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Nov 22, 2016, 15:03:
I really wish someone would do something Ass Creedish in the Edo period of Japan. That would effing rock.

People have been begging for it since the end of AC 2 series.

News Comments > Blizzard's Unannounced First-Person Game
16. Re: Blizzard's Unannounced First-Person Game Nov 22, 2016, 16:28 The Half Elf

Hoping it's Ghost or Starcraft Planetside!  

11255 Comments. 563 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo