Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 10321 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Released
1. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Released Mar 8, 2016, 12:33 The Half Elf

Reposting this here now that Blue has it up:

I will say with everything at max, The Division holds up to any videos they ever showed. Just a super sexy engine.

Also I'm really surprised how much was cut from the Beta's. And I dont mean just missions. Echo's have quite a bit more depth to them, Video's that are recovered are fairly brutal in their depiction of what would happen if NYC ever had to deal with a New Orleans/Katrina type situation.
The crafting system is nice, clean, easy to understand. The talent system is also pretty nice.

So far I'm having a blast, and really glad they didn't do the Ubisoft 'mold' they have done in 99% of their other games over the last few years.

Granted I've never really played a shooter MMO like this or Destiny, but I'm really digging it.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2016, 12:31 The Half Elf

Cutter there is a saying 'It's the thought that counts'. My dad use to get my mom flowers for their anniversary so one year on mother's day I just happen to be in the right spot at the right time and bought a bunch. The sentiment to my mom meant more then any meal could provide.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2016, 12:18 The Half Elf

Kxmode wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 11:55:
The Half Elf wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 11:44:
As for the Darth Maul film. Holy.... shit. Wow, makes up for the horrible Force Awakens.

Would you mind explaining why you think a 17-minute fan film composed of 95% mindless lightsaber fighting is better than TFA?

One of the few good things about the prequels was the light saber combat. The speed and choreography was exceptional and by Revenge of the Sith, it was amazing.

As for TFA, ever have Mad libs as a kid? They give you a story and in certain spots you fill in the blanks. It was A New Hope Mad Lib. And everything in the movie was coincidentally contrived to push the story forward at the sake of having a good ORIGINAL story.
The acting was good, the cgi was good, everything about the movie was good except for two things. THE STORY, and THE MUSIC. Lucas may have lost his way between episodes 4-6 to 1-3 but he at least he could tell you a story. He couldn't direct for shit, the acting was horribly wooden, the writing was horrible, but he could come up with the story.
JJ Abram is the polar opposite of Lucas unless he's telling an original story. JJ's original work is quite good, but with Star Trek and Star Wars he's too busy feeding fan service and cut and pasting another Mad Lib to hit the intended mark.

As for the short film. It's sorta like the CGI cutscenes from The Old Republic online. They are masterfully done, they tell a story, they hold to the material. And if you can read body language at all (not an ego thing but I'm good at reading people) you can see quite a bit range from the guy playing Darth Maul even with all the makeup on. The short film, was perfect with maybe the one exception of 5 or 6 jedi, but again it was great. And didn't over-blow the main character like they did in Clone Wars series just to get more viewers.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 8, 2016, 11:54 The Half Elf

I will say with everything at max, The Division holds up to any videos they ever showed. Just a super sexy engine.

Also I'm really surprised how much was cut from the Beta's. And I dont mean just missions. Echo's have quite a bit more depth to them, Video's that are recovered are fairly brutal in their depiction of what would happen if NYC ever had to deal with a New Orleans/Katrina type situation.
The crafting system is nice, clean, easy to understand. The talent system is also pretty nice.

So far I'm having a blast, and really glad they didn't do the Ubisoft 'mold' they have done in 99% of their other games over the last few years.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2016, 11:44 The Half Elf

If ya have lady folks in your family, give them a hug and tell them ya love them. Never know when you won't have the chance to tell them.

As for the Darth Maul film. Holy.... shit. Wow, makes up for the horrible Force Awakens.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Adds Content
2. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Adds Content Mar 8, 2016, 11:42 The Half Elf

It's not bad in short bursts, but sadly is neither the Battlefront game or Battlefield game I wanted.  

News Comments > Day of the Tentacle Remastered This Month; Preorders Underway
2. Re: Day of the Tentacle Remastered This Month; Preorders Underway Mar 8, 2016, 11:23 The Half Elf

I really want to play Grim Fandango Remastered and this, but at the same time I really don't want to fund Double Fine anymore. Am I alone in this thinking?

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
13. Re: New GeForce Drivers Mar 8, 2016, 07:37 The Half Elf

I agree, my gtx970 is the best money i've spent on a video card since my 560ti.  

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
4. Re: New GeForce Drivers Mar 7, 2016, 22:34 The Half Elf

rawbelly wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 21:39:
necrosis wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 21:12:
!! CAUTION !!

Many people (including me) are getting BSOD's during install. Personally for me it installed OK but all games run at 2 FPS. Attempt to remove and roll back hosed my system. Will have to reload tomorrow instead of playing The Division.

http://bit.ly/1OY4iO1

Thanks for heads up

Ditto!

Btw Anyone playing the Division at mightnight, and want to team up my Ubiname is Cpt_Ranger

This comment was edited on Mar 7, 2016, 22:41.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2016, 12:36 The Half Elf

OMG IT'S SO FUZZZY AND CUTE!

Went to a family funeral today, so fuzzy and cute wins the day.

News Comments > Fable Legends Cancelled; Lionhead May Close
6. Re: Fable Legends Cancelled; Lionhead May Close Mar 7, 2016, 12:29 The Half Elf

They had the beta setup via the Windows Store which was a fucking PAIN IN THE ASS. And what little I did play had that Fable feel, but what was nice about the fable series was making my own character, not a class character.  

News Comments > Overwatch May Dates Leaked?
1. Re: Overwatch May Dates Leaked? Mar 7, 2016, 12:26 The Half Elf

Still waiting to get in the damn beta....  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
21. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 7, 2016, 07:56 The Half Elf

Well I got to the point where the mage falls out of the sky  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 6, 2016, 15:19 The Half Elf

I agree Creston, as I bought Morrowind I never really played it because at the time I just didn't get into it.

Sadly what I really want, is a High End Pokemon game. I miss my 3ds closet gaming franchise.

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 6, 2016, 09:11 The Half Elf

Rather tired of seeing dev's ask for money when they waste money on outfits.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Mar 5, 2016, 20:46 The Half Elf

Maybe if they add water to it like Gremlins....  

News Comments > Into the Stars Launches
5. Re: Into the Stars Launches Mar 5, 2016, 16:34 The Half Elf

The combat looked very uninspiring, not to mention having to fling the mouse all across the screen.  

News Comments > Into the Stars Launches
2. Re: Into the Stars Launches Mar 5, 2016, 12:18 The Half Elf

Slashman wrote on Mar 5, 2016, 12:15:
This is actually a pretty cool game. Like a cross between FTL and Bridge Commander.

Great visuals. Rogue-like play. Huge replay value.

You said Bridge Commander. Do not toy with me sir.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Mar 4, 2016, 21:25 The Half Elf

Ok, enough of this death shit. Can we get at least half-way through the year?  

News Comments > No Man's Sky in June; Preorders Underway
15. Re: No Man's Sky in June; Preorders Underway Mar 4, 2016, 01:16 The Half Elf

Maybe this is the Sci-Fi version of Minecraft. Seem's Minecraft is doing ok for itself.  

10321 Comments. 517 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo