Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 10705 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Just Dance 2017 for PCs
7. Re: Just Dance 2017 for PCs Jun 13, 2016, 21:17 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 19:52:
nin wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 19:51:
Creston wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 19:44:
Fuck and Yes!

Creston will livestream a playthrough if it gets him Red Dead!

I WILL!

If it get's me a copy of Red Dead Redemption on the PC I will join Creston and do it in FULL Drag. *wonders how many minutes it will take for me to break both my ankles in heels*

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Jun 13, 2016, 21:15 The Half Elf

EricFate wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 20:46:
I thought about clicking that, but then I realized I stopped giving a shit about anything Notch has to say about anything quite a while ago.

Actually it would be worth your time to click on it. Notch pretty much nailed someone talking shit, which was worth admission alone

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Star Trek: Bridge Crew Announcement
3. Re: Star Trek: Bridge Crew Announcement Jun 13, 2016, 20:34 The Half Elf

Question is can you play this WITHOUT VR?  

News Comments > Crackdown 3 for Windows 10
1. Re: Crackdown 3 for Windows 10 Jun 13, 2016, 20:33 The Half Elf

How exactly is this game going to work when it's so 'cloud dependant'?

Only thing I can think of is that they are going to launch this with the updated Xbone.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Trailers
1. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Trailers Jun 13, 2016, 20:31 The Half Elf

How the fuck do you hack a VW Bus or old Camero?  

News Comments > For Honor in February
1. Re: For Honor in February Jun 13, 2016, 20:29 The Half Elf

Please also don't suck!  

News Comments > Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands in March
1. Re: Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands in March Jun 13, 2016, 20:28 The Half Elf

PLEASE DON'T SUCK!

I'm done with The Division's bullshit that forces you to go into the Dark Zone.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
14. Re: Prey Announced Jun 13, 2016, 13:42 The Half Elf

So....

When is Obsidian going to make another Fallout game?

News Comments > Quake Champions Announced
17. Re: Quake Champions Announced Jun 13, 2016, 12:00 The Half Elf

Trevellian wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 11:23:
SimplyMonk wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 11:20:
Trevellian wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 11:09:
Thanks for not making a Quake game, Bethesda.

In all honesty though, what is a Quake game? Quake 1 is nothing like Quake 2 is nothing like Quake 3. Even the fan base is divided just be responses in this thread. A lot of people liked Quake 3, but I hated it and much prefer the atmosphere and style of Quake 1.

I'd like an actual sequel to Quake 1. The strogg stuff was okay in 2 and 4. But I liked the Quake 1 aesthetic. I want gothic cathedrals and shotguns.

Not this mess, which I don't even have to play, just listen to the guy talk at the conference about how each character has it's own special abilities, just like Overwatch, to know it's not a Quake game and I don't care about it. They're just jumping on the Hero shooter bandwagon.

But Quake 1 was just a bunch of level's thrown together.

News Comments > DOOM Demo During E3
1. Re: DOOM Demo During E3 Jun 13, 2016, 11:41 The Half Elf

Steam page is messed up.
If you have a controller plugged in there is no way that I could find to only use mouse and keyboard, which means I couldn't use the mouse in menu's and all the controls on screen were coming up as controller buttons.

News Comments > Prey Announced
13. Re: Prey Announced Jun 13, 2016, 11:27 The Half Elf

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 11:16:
This guy is tripping balls. The end cut scene will probably have him surrounded by dead humans in a cafe because he thinks they are bugs.

That was the intro to Batman Arkham Knight

News Comments > Fallout 4 VR Plans
5. Re: Fallout 4 VR Plans Jun 13, 2016, 10:58 The Half Elf

Yeah but cat's don't hike, they squat.

And I'm too afraid to google to see if there is a mod for that.

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Trailer
4. Re: Dishonored 2 Trailer Jun 13, 2016, 10:56 The Half Elf

Here we go.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 VR Plans
3. Re: Fallout 4 VR Plans Jun 13, 2016, 10:30 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 10:28:
sauron wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 10:21:
If they bring out Skyrim VR, I may have to take the plunge...

Tempting, isn't it?

My coworker apparently loves his rift...talking about it with him at lunch last Friday. and it sounds awesome for sims.

Skyrim VR and Skyrim Sex mods..... welcome to the future

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Trailer
2. Re: Dishonored 2 Trailer Jun 13, 2016, 10:28 The Half Elf

I never played much of the 1st one. There is a part where you have to break into a prison, and you have the option of torturing a guy in a really awesome scene. But I never would have come across it if I didn't do some googling. Granted I may be older but it would have been nice to get some sorta hint about being able to do that, and question is did I miss out on some other really awesome scene?  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
4. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition Jun 13, 2016, 10:23 The Half Elf

Nevermind, not enough caffine to read today.

Ok, Beth you've been a busy bitch!
May have to dig deep and get a Fallout 4 season pass.

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 2016, 10:36.

News Comments > Prey Announced
5. Re: Prey Announced Jun 13, 2016, 10:21 The Half Elf

Looks interesting. Didn't have much interest in the first game.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
42. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 13, 2016, 02:18 The Half Elf

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 00:23:
TangledThorns wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 22:27:
So true.This is why Obama and Hillary have very low approval ratings with the military. Both are clueless on how to defeat the enemy.

And what form would "defeating the enemy" take exactly?

Take Trump's advice and kill the families of anyone known to associate with ISIS and/or conduct air strikes on populated areas without regard for civilian casualties? I know this may come as a shock, but the anger you feel when American or European civilians are targeted and killed is not unique to you: when American bombs level a wedding, or a hospital, or Muslim civilians are otherwise killed -- inadvertently or not -- you create a new group of angry young men willing to die to return the favor.

Should we reinvade Iraq and push on into Syria? The Islamic State was born out of Al Qaeda in Iraq. Specifically, when we killed Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi in an air strike in 2006, his deputy, the future self-proclaimed "Caliphate" Al-Baghdadi, assumed control of Al-Qaeda in Iraq, subsequently renamed it the Islamic State in Iraq, and then relocated it to Syria after the Sunni Awakening made it too difficult to continue conduct operations in the Sunni heartland in Iraq, i.e. Fallujah, Ramadi, etc. In other words, we already spent a significant amount of time putting boots on the ground to fight these guys and we don't have much to show for it. If we reinvade to "defeat the enemy", ISIS will just do what it did when it was called Al-Qaeda in Iraq: not face our ground forces directly, dissolve into the civilian populace, leverage local resentment against being occupied by a foreign power to build a base of support, and then conduct insurgency operations against our forces until eventually we leave again and they can reemerge.

The reality is that there's no easy way to "defeat the enemy". If there was we would do it now, or we would have done it during the first invasion and occupation. Short of discarding the Geneva Convention and the Laws of War and just killing every man, woman, and child in the shitty countries involved, we're just going to have to learn to live with the fact that we are not omnipotent, and that defeating an enemy like ISIS will be long-term and low-intensity. We can either scale our efforts accordingly, or not, but we can't pretend that just thumping our chest a bit harder will make the bad men go away.

Very informative Scottish, thank you.
Question... what if we just up and left, or didn't play 'World Police' in the first place? Nothing against the men and women of the military (thank you for your service and sacrifice), but is the US Government stirring up hornet's nest that we shouldn't have even been around in the first place, and as you mentioned, we are getting retaliation from other countries for doing so?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
38. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2016, 23:23 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 22:36:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 17:31:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 16:57:
It will take many more senseless deaths and a smart politician before we get gun laws similar to Australia.

That's the sad thing. Somewhere there has to be a number or line crossed before it happens.

Now watch Hillary spin this.

Question is... this guy was interviewed by the FBI multiple times. Doesn't matter for what, but if the FBI has had multiple visits shouldn't that person be on some sorta list of 'Hey.. he wants to buy a gun... maybe we need to take a closer look at this, or restrict him from being able to'.

Hillary's tweet:
"To the LGBT community: please know that you have millions of allies across our country. I am one of them.” —Hillary

Trump's tweet:
What has happened in Orlando is just the beginning. Our leadership is weak and ineffective. I called it and asked for the ban. Must be tough

Your choice in a nutshell.

Hillary is a lying douchebag c**t of a magnitude that it makes all the republican candidates for president that have been around since I was born look like angels. She has been anti-gay since at least 2002. She is a master manipulator (just like Trump) and she is very dangerous. If she turned and looked at a camera and explained how she was going to rule the world House of Cards style; I wouldn't be surprised.

Still praying the FBI brings charges against her and she looses the democratic nomination because we are fucked with whoever wins the presidency.

As for Anti-Gun.... I am pro-gun, but at the same time I believe there needs to be limits on what you can and cannot purchase, and how many weapons a person should be allowed to own. I also believe that there should be a much stricter standard for purchasing guns.

Someone who's been on this website for a very long time was directly affected by the shitty gun laws we have today, in a circumstance that could have ended just as badly as the shooting in Orlando.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Trailers
12. Re: Titanfall 2 Trailers Jun 12, 2016, 23:07 The Half Elf

Bishop! From Aliens! or Peter Cullins (The ONLY Optimus Prime)  

10705 Comments. 536 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo