Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 10386 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Ubisoft to Punish The Division Exploiters
4. Re: Ubisoft to Punish The Division Exploiters Apr 18, 2016, 14:09 The Half Elf

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 13:11:
Yeah, they don't care about any of the other exploiters, just the ones trivializing their fancy new raid.

No shit! Right after the patch (hours after) had people exploiting like crazy.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2016, 11:56 The Half Elf

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 11:34:
Blue, check out the unbreakable http://kalita-usa.com/wave_series.html for your next java emergency. The stainless dripper should handle gravity related incidents.

But you have to understand there is a gravity singularity in Blue's kitchen that has a taste for java related devices.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Week
1. Re: Star Citizen Free Week Apr 18, 2016, 10:57 The Half Elf

PLEASE BUY MORE PICTURES OF SHIPS, WE ARE RUNNING OUT OF MONEY!!!!  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2016, 16:48 The Half Elf

I played mainly as Soldier 76 (think that was his name) and was eating up Bastion's by the truckload in payload.

You NEVER, EVER EVER use just regular Lego for large projects. Duplo work's great to fill in the 'middle' of projects and keeps weight/cost down.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2016, 05:06 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Apr 17, 2016, 00:27:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 16, 2016, 19:19:
Big Frank wrote on Apr 16, 2016, 18:45:
Thinking it was June 12th Cutter awoke and promptly ate two hits of acid.
As the weird metallic taste in his mouth began to signify the acid was kicking in he realized in horror that it was April 16th and he was scheduled to give a TED talk on ray tracing techniques...

I've not tried acid, but doesn't it give x-ray vision?

Oh that's just one of the mild, side, fringe benefits. LSD giveth all manner of peculiar powers. I would pay good money to see someone give a talk at TED screaming high on LSD. See, most of the times we'd drop acid it kinda went....

6 PM: Dose.
6:30 PM: Come on strong.
7:10: Smoke some grass, drink some wine.
8:00: Blast a rail. Play some pegs.
8:30: Realize the 8-ball you ordered wasn't nearly enough. Order 2 more.
9:00: Cut some large rails from the now mound of coke on the table.
9:10: Open a bottle of Puligny-Montrachet and quaff.
9:30: Take another bump, pack a bowl of hash, get 'er goin'.
10:00 - Dawn: Get entirely sideways, rinse, repeat.

Next year if ya wanna come visit for Gonzofest Cutter, I'll get the mirror, and straight jackets ready

News Comments > RDR2 Map Leaked?
25. Re: RDR2 Map Leaked? Apr 17, 2016, 02:59 The Half Elf

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 16, 2016, 15:24:
Rockstar can shove their console garbage straight up their dumb asses. I do not give a single fuck until they start treating PC gamers with a minimum of respect which would entail porting RDR to PC and stopping to sign ludicrous exclusivity deals while then "teasing" PC gamers about the possibilities of a PC port (the way they treated PC gamers with regard to GTA V was among the most disrespectful asshole dick moves in recent history only topped by what Microsoft pulls off on a regular basis). Fuck them all. Not spending a single cent on that console garbage.
First off Rockstar NEVER said there was going to be a PC Port. They said repeatedly that it was possible but more then likely not going to happen.

And as for the PC "port" of GTA 5, yeah we waited longer then the 360/PS3, but the PC version is still head and shoulders better then the Xbone and PS4 versions. I could understand your hatred if you actually had any factual information.

As for getting into RDR, you need to get past the medicine man's intro mission's and that's where the game REALLY picks up.
And as Creston said John Marston was an amazing character and I hope they do a prequel.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2016, 19:19 The Half Elf

Big Frank wrote on Apr 16, 2016, 18:45:
Thinking it was June 12th Cutter awoke and promptly ate two hits of acid.
As the weird metallic taste in his mouth began to signify the acid was kicking in he realized in horror that it was April 16th and he was scheduled to give a TED talk on ray tracing techniques...

I've not tried acid, but doesn't it give x-ray vision?

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Apr 16, 2016, 15:38 The Half Elf

Should add the tagline 'just like all the unseen Half-Life 3 concept art'  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2016, 15:18 The Half Elf

As a person who did the janitorial duties at one of the largest Home Improvement chains in the US, I will NEVER use a hand dryer and I will NEVER touch a door handle with my hands. Get towels, stuff under arm, wash hands, dry, use remainder to open the door.

And if I ever meet Steve @ Virgin airlines I'm buying him a drink. Well played sir, well played.

And the kitty should have fucked her up even more. My cat/dog/killer whale (he's been good about playing in the water dish lately....) was slightly abused by my oldest nephew when he was fairly small. About 3 months later the nephew came to spend the night and was cornered in the bathroom. Kitty had enough of his shit and was declaring who the alpha male was. Yeah I laughed cause it was funny.

7. Re: RDR2 Map Leaked? Apr 16, 2016, 15:11 The Half Elf

Dacron wrote on Apr 16, 2016, 12:26:
HoSpanky wrote on Apr 16, 2016, 12:16:
I have RDR for the PS3 here....never fired it up. I realize that's apparently some sort of cardinal gaming sin, but out of the marketing material or videos I've watched, or watching a co-worker play it for about half an hour...I've felt no urge to play it.

I have no interest in westerns, the old west etc... but love free roaming / open world games. Red dead is probably the best example of atmosphere done right. It is simply amazing how well the "feel" of the game was done, I use to ride into Mexico just to watch the scenery change and just to go have a look. Riding through a thunderstorm chasing bandits or raiding a stone fort in the distance, it was done really well.

The gameplay is great, there is lots to do in game (and none of it seems too contrived), the scenery is unique (not post apocalyptic, not current day/ww2 etc... all games seem to be) and the story was good too. As I am remembering it I might have to go buy a used copy after losing my original....

As also a person who hates westerns (yeah I never played Outlaws), RDR nailed it. Atmosphere, acting, and I think Rockstar's best story to date. If I still had a 360 I'd be playing it almost daily.

1. Re: RDR2 Map Leaked? Apr 16, 2016, 11:30 The Half Elf

*gets out giant paper bag and starts hyper-ventilating*  

News Comments > New John Romero PC Shooter Teased
23. Re: New John Romero PC Shooter Teased Apr 16, 2016, 02:46 The Half Elf

Quinn wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 20:31:
Although he fucked up the obvious last major title.. Do realize that it was just a mistake. I do not doubt Romero's passion for PC gaming; I do not doubt he has the best intentions for PC gaming. I'm voting on this guy. Lets see what he comes up with.

It wasn't just the last title it was the entire company and his 'ivory tower' management.

Let's go back to DOOM and Quake 1. Without Carmack and his mad skills they wouldn't be shit. Doom series and Quake were a collection of maps that were more tech demo then anything else and put FPS and multiplayer on the map.

News Comments > New John Romero PC Shooter Teased
2. Re: New John Romero PC Shooter Teased Apr 15, 2016, 20:03 The Half Elf

o_O  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2016, 14:56 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 13:14:
And speaking of altered conciousness, damn I wish I knew this Gonzofest was going on before yesterday. Man, I may have just made a road trip for that. Helf, as the resident Kentuckian you have to go that!

Last time I went to Louisville (leap year weekend) I got stuck for 3 hours trying to get out of the city because the major ramps were closed due to a race and my phone was destroyed. And all of Louisville shuts down it's bathrooms at midnight, so stuck in the city, my bladder about to explode, can't use a restroom, can't find a map, can't get on the ramps to get back on 75 north, road construction everywhere....
3rd runner up in my book for most hates places (an hour north of Atlanta and an hour south of Atlanta, Macon get the 1st two spots).

And not to be a dick, but who is he anyway? (ok did a little reading up on him)
If anyone wants to go next year and needs a place to stay let me know, I'm in Northern Kentucky, but it's an hour drive down there.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Apr 15, 2016, 14:47 The Half Elf

Because demo's are pretty much dead these days, and before I shell out money I want to see if I'm actually going to enjoy it.  

News Comments > DOOM Open Beta Opens
4. Re: DOOM Open Beta Opens Apr 15, 2016, 11:08 The Half Elf

Got into the Overwatch beta. YAY!

Oh hey Doom... ya know we had some good times.... 20 years ago but it's over.

News Comments > BANDAI NAMCO Arcade Classics Next Week
1. Re: BANDAI NAMCO Arcade Classics Next Week Apr 14, 2016, 20:09 The Half Elf

Dear Bandai/Namco, I'll trade you free copies of your games for all the quarters you got from me in the 80's.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 14, 2016, 17:59 The Half Elf

Blue since you wear glasses, and I believe you purchases one of the VR headsets, what's the chance of getting a pic of you with VR Goggles (as in just the lenses in).

I mean we have seen a pic of you dating back to the day's of America Online.... but something current?

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 14, 2016, 17:54 The Half Elf

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 10:25:
The only thing missing with this piece of White Trash shit is an included futon complete with cup holders in the armrest, an alarm clock with a snooze button and a bottle of cheap tequila.
If you're going full loser, go big or go home.

You never go full loser.

I wouldn't call it white trash. This cooler would be worth it's weight in gold at Nascar/Racing events.

News Comments > Five Million Stronghold Kingdoms Players
2. Re: Five Million Stronghold Kingdoms Players Apr 14, 2016, 17:53 The Half Elf

Jagacademy wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 14:28:
"Registered" doesn't mean "players" in any way, shape, or form, whatsoever.

BINGO!

10386 Comments. 520 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo