Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 11263 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jan 22, 2017, 19:59 The Half Elf

I will disagree. Hand Eye coordination is key to such things.

Example: (yeah I'm a sample size of 1). Last time I fired a weapon was at my brother in law's bachelor party, shooting clay pigeons with shotguns at a local gun club. That was when I was roughly 28-30. Before that the last time I fired a weapon was probably a hunting rifle at a range when I was 10 or 11.
Now between 11 and 28 beyond virtual weapons and a shitload of video/computer games I'd had no weapons training or practice. So at the bachelors party (never fired at moving targets before or using a shotgun), I had a 95% accuracy rating. Beating out my uncle the Vietnam vet, and my brother in law and his father who tend to regularly shoot clay pigeons.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
44. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2017, 20:07 The Half Elf

National Hugging Day... on my mom's birthday. I like it  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Werewolf: The Apocalypse Game Plans
9. Re: Werewolf: The Apocalypse Game Plans Jan 20, 2017, 13:51 The Half Elf

When did IP's becoming a collectible card game?
Reason I ask is within the last 4-5 years, companies are going under, and meh publishers are picking up the IP's banking on nostalgia, and in the end we end up with 1 out of maybe 8-10 games that aren't trash.

32. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2017, 13:27 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Jan 20, 2017, 13:21:
The Half Elf wrote on Jan 20, 2017, 13:04:
Here's how I look at it.

I don't like the guy. I didn't vote for him. But until he does something stupid I have to remain optimistic.

Did you NOT watch any election coverage at all over the past 2 years?

Oh I sadly watched it. (I wanted Bernie). But what the fuck are you or I going to do about it? Nothing. If Trump fucks up everyone (including the Reps) will burn him alive. And as others said I'm more scared of Pence then of Trump.

Can the next 4 years suck? Yeah they could. We've had better presidents, and worse presidents, but me going outside, yelling and screaming that it's all Trump's fault, or the idiots that voted for him fault into the sky and shaking my fists won't change shit.

One of my motto's is "Plan for worse case scenario, if it doesn't happen so much the better". All I can do is wait and see what happens. No amount of internet rage and posting will change that for anyone.

And Blue thank you for posting that 'Things aren't what they seem' video. Watched it last night and forgot to send it to ya.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2017, 13:04 The Half Elf

Here's how I look at it.

I don't like the guy. I didn't vote for him. But until he does something stupid I have to remain optimistic.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2017, 10:47 The Half Elf

*in best Starfleet Captain voice*

RED ALERT! SHIELDS UP! BRACE FOR IMPACT!

Can't believe they killed Wash.

WHAT A FUCKED UP DAY!

*runs off crying*

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2017, 13:25 The Half Elf

*watches video*

*wants to kill the fucker recording and anyone involved*

30. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 17, 2017, 02:13 The Half Elf

Growing up my dad had a subscription to playboy which always sat on the back of the toilet in my parents bathroom.
And in one of the comics I believe you have Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin sitting down at a table. And behind one of them is a black servant. One of them says to the other 'All men are created equal', and the other replies, 'Have you ever seen the dick on a black guy?' with the black servant smiling in the background

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 17, 2017, 02:08 The Half Elf

Doesn't matter the job, or the training provided American's can be and are lazy pieces of shit. At Amazon there are 2 distinct types of people. People who are there to work, and people who are there to collect a paycheck, and you can spot them in roughly 20 mins of being on the floor with them. Doesn't matter if they are white, black, hispanic, asian, whatever. Lazy people come in all races/shades/colors/genders/sizes/sexual orientation/sexual gender. Doesn't matter what you pay them, or benefits offered, or amount of training.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2017, 16:03 The Half Elf

And the Chargers leaving San Diego.... *sniffles*  

News Comments > LEGO CITY Undercover Trailer
5. Re: LEGO CITY Undercover Trailer Jan 12, 2017, 14:11 The Half Elf

Working my way through Lego Dimensions. Christ almighty the game is gonna be expensive (but at least they go with the rest of my Lego's).  

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Free on Origin
16. Re: ME newbie. Jan 5, 2017, 23:04 The Half Elf

Ant wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 21:43:
Do we need to play ME1 to understand ME2's story?

Ant, if you never played Mass Effect it's still a good game to play (and a HD mod helps as well). Is it essential? No, but I will say even with ME 3's crappy ending, it's worth the price of admission.

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Free on Origin
4. Re: Mass Effect 2 Free on Origin Jan 5, 2017, 19:46 The Half Elf

Be careful Bioware games force gay things in you!  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda in March
44. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda in March Jan 5, 2017, 16:25 The Half Elf

Token gay guy says:

STFU and move on to less important things in the universe. (Which is an unintended pun cause of ya know... Andromeda heh)

21. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda in March Jan 5, 2017, 06:52 The Half Elf

Bundy wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 00:56:
Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 00:50:
Jerykk wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 00:42:
NamecaF wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 00:33:
I was hoping for more of a return to the first game with the emphasis on exploration and RPG and less on all the constant Michael Bay gunplay and combat every 15 seconds. And I was hoping for all new races and stories, but this just looks like the same ol' shite.

Love the reactionary posts. Where to begin...

1) Andromeda is bringing back the planetary exploration from the first game, only with actual stuff to do on said planets rather than drive around an empty landscape in a vehicle that handles like crap.

2) Mass Effect has always been shooter first, RPG second. This was true of the first game, only it had pretty crappy combat and lackluster level design. The skill tree was more complex, sure, but there was a lot of filler and leveling wasn't exactly interesting.

3) There are new races and stories.

Love your reactionary reply. Where to begin..

1) Its pretty funny

2) Posts have always been reactionary, take a fucking look around.

3) It has a list, with numbers and shit.

You forgot to add a poll. Every anti-reactionary reactionary flamebait fanboy post needs a good poll.

[ ] Shep
[ ] FemShep

Done.

Frankly I'll just be happy if Bioware stops trying to check all the LGBTQ boxes with every RPG they make, and trying really REALLY hard to convince me that I need to be gay. Why wasn't there a "I'm your fucking commanding officer and I'm not fucking gay. Stop hitting on me and just fly the fucking shuttle craft. And NO! I don't want to dance. Fuck" dialog option.

Oh look at that, I ranted.

FORCE YOU TO BE GAY?!? The options are there if you want them but in no way shape or form do they FORCE them on you. Hell they don't even force the straight options on you.
Hell the only guy I WANTED to fuck in Mass Effect was Vega ( I mean look at the guy, DAMN! *in best Hey Ask Watcha Playing voice*) and you can't.
But if you want a really good laugh have a gay relationship with Iron Bull in Dragon Age Inq. Or go watch the clips

And no you didn't rant, more of tirade. But my use of tirade is as accurate as Bioware forcing gay choices on you.

20. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 5, 2017, 06:45 The Half Elf

1st playthrough I play to my style which is always Paragon Shepard.
2nd playthrough will be Renegade FemShep for laughs.

News Comments > Frontier Developments Sues ATARI Over Royalties
1. Re: Frontier Developments Sues ATARI Over Royalties Jan 3, 2017, 11:18 The Half Elf

SUE EM, SUE EM GOOD!
Fuck Atari and that RCT World bullshit!

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 2, 2017, 22:24 The Half Elf

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 2, 2017, 22:17:
So I guess her kids are left without a mother or a father.

What do you mean by your comment exactly?

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2017, 15:49 The Half Elf

That's why I picked the Cubs, and look how well I did WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS BABY! *cue AC/DC YEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!*  

News Comments > New Grand Theft Auto Online Mode
3. Re: New Grand Theft Auto Online Mode Jan 2, 2017, 12:40 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Jan 2, 2017, 12:10:
Out of curiosity, does any of the online stuff like new cars etc show up in the SP game too?

Yes you can

11263 Comments. 564 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo