Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 11460 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2017, 17:20 The Half Elf

Finished binge watching season 3 of The Blacklist. I NEED MORE!  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Plans
32. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 16:51 The Half Elf

There are just some BAD things that no-one thought out in the game.

The Andromeda Init. is the invaders/aliens. Granted the Kett aren't nice but, "Humans" travel 600 years, don't expect anything to change, show up like they are entitled to everything, go around stealing shit left right and center from poor purple aliens just trying to survive on an ice planet.
Everyone speaks english (least it was Basic in Star Wars, but still).The Citadel was suppose to be finished before you got there but even after 14 months (how the fuck were they suppose to survive, cause if the Hyperion's golden planet was golden then they wouldn't have gone directly to the Citadel/Nexus/whatever it's called).

Why is noone salvaging all the shit all over the place. You can't make 1 shuttle with all the shuttle halfs all over the place?

And WTF is up with the Tardis/Tempest? "It's bigger on the inside" no shit, and why can't I just board the fucking Tempest without going into orbit?

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Hype?
13. Re: Destiny 2 PC Hype? Mar 30, 2017, 15:19 The Half Elf

BTW it is coming to PC. Go to the pre-order page, they have the PC listed just with no retailers at the moment.

Here ya go thx PC Gamer!
PC Pre-order

24. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 15:12 The Half Elf

Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 14:12:
The Half Elf wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 14:01:
Visually still an amazing game, especially the 1st vault you go to, but after 5 years this game is such a step backwords for Bioware it's not funny.

so many people dont understand this clearly enough... namely the fact that 99% of the people who worked on this game have not worked on the previous mass effect series.. and presumably most of them are novice developers in general

sure they work for "bioware" but "bioware" is not a monolithic organism, like some kind of developer Voltron... so its not a combination of ultimate power or past experience, its just a fucking name on a door... the people who actually coded and animated and designed and so forth are the ones responsible for this, and sure the corporation "bioware" signed off on it and put their name on the box - but honestly it doesnt mean shit... clearly.. to wit: this fucking game

Maybe YOU don't understand, that with Bioware's name on the box it doesn't matter if you were the CEO or Janitor, or which Bioware office you worked at. The game has some major faults, and you can't tell me in any way shape or form that they couldn't get other people from the OTHER Bioware offices to come in and clean up this mess?
Also is the Mass Effect franchise, not some sort of kickstarter game. Why wouldn't you put your best talent forward? Out of the 3 studios they couldn't do a final pass 6 months ago and worked some of this shit out? What are the other 2 offices doing?

18. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 14:01 The Half Elf

So here is a list I've compiled after finishing the 2nd world.

Sam won't shut the fuck up. You ever used Google Maps and the program goes apeshit and keeps telling you to make a U-turn to the point you want to throw the phone out the window? This is the crystal-meth infused version of that x10.
Worlds are massive with a bunch of worthless scenery to fill it.
So many bugs with mission objectives not showing up. Invisible items you can see on a scanner but not without it and don't seem to have any relevance.
Yeah the facial animations suck (can sorta fix this with a custom Ryder), but there is a new alien crew member with a holographic eye piece like Garrus that clips into his head/eye every time ya talk to him.
Remember all those shitty MMO missions of 'go all the way across the map, talk to 1 person for 5 second and come all the way back'? Oh yeah we got PLENTY of those.
Sound will kick off for no reason at all, especially when you're in a spot that the game will NOT let you save (which is just mind fucking boggling).
Some saved games won't load at all, seems to happen mostly with the auto-save.
Keeps matching me up with people in 3rd world countries on dial-up connections as hosts, which causes some annoying as fuck gameplay.
If I hit M to open the map, I have to hit esc, which takes me to the menu, instead of just closing the map, or just hitting M again.
Horrible fucking UI. Would be nice to have all missions on 1 planet in the same place (it sorta does this) but at the same time likes to spread them all over the fucking place.
I am SICK and fucking tired of !'s in UI that I have to go through EVERY SINGLE FUCKING OPTION to get rid of them (and I thought Assassin's Creed Syndicate was bad at this) INCLUDING completed missions.
Stupidly absurd inventory system. How the fuck does letting people out of Cryo increase my inventory space as a perk. I pick up a gun, I can equip it right at that moment, but if I don't I have to go back to a forward base to do so.

Visually still an amazing game, especially the 1st vault you go to, but after 5 years this game is such a step backwords for Bioware it's not funny.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Mar 30, 2017, 06:57 The Half Elf

DangerDog wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 01:55:
Well at least it takes place in his home town, won't be a tearjerker story about being ripped from his family and deported by ICE.

Did you not watch the video? Someone started deporting him, and the dog was trying to finish the job!

News Comments > Surf World Series Trailer
3. Re: On Sale Mar 30, 2017, 00:33 The Half Elf

Kxmode wrote on Mar 29, 2017, 22:35:
Looks promising. Last surfing game I played was T&C Surf Designs.

And you were not alone Kxmode lol. First thing that came to mind watching the video.

*still has T&C shirts somewhere*

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Tease
5. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Tease Mar 30, 2017, 00:15 The Half Elf

After Mass Effect Andromeda how can it get worse... oh wait.. it's EA.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2017, 11:22 The Half Elf

A plane can circle the earth and come back where it started from via a cleverly hidden loading screen (ala Deus Ex Mankind Divided). And normally people never find the edges of the earth due to invisible barriers. As to what is on the other side of this flat earth? Empty grayness, as some people have found hidden holes to escape to the other side. On the subject of containing the edges of the ocean... that is so easy... skyboxes DUH!  

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Free Update Plans
2. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Free Update Plans Mar 28, 2017, 21:26 The Half Elf

It's not a bad game, but in no way compeled to complete it.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Teaser
4. Re: Destiny 2 Teaser Mar 28, 2017, 20:06 The Half Elf

As someone who dislocated their thumb from hours of Halo 2 and 3 (and quit playing console shooters) I picked up Destiny and have to say it's a pretty decent game. I haven't gotten very far into it but if they bring Destiny 2 to PC I'm in.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Teaser
1. Re: Destiny 2 Teaser Mar 28, 2017, 19:17 The Half Elf

LOL  

8. Re: On Sale Mar 28, 2017, 08:16 The Half Elf

If I had to rate the AC games I'd pretty much do it like so.

Black Flag
AC 2/Brotherhood/Revelations
AC 1
Rogue/Unity (yeah Unity had it's problems but a great story and 4 player co-op was a blast, and easily the sexiest game once patched)
Syndicate (still haven't finished with it yet, not bad but not great)
AC 3

What I did like is how Rogue's ending is the start of Unity.

News Comments > Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free; Mirage: Arcane Warfare Closed Beta
15. Re: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free; Mirage: Arcane Warfare Closed Beta Mar 27, 2017, 19:41 The Half Elf

Only difference would be in the Jedi games you could crouch, and jump, along with what form and weapon you were using easily bypasses Chivalry's combat.
If you thought the Jedi Outcast/Academy games were just button mashers then you never played years of duels.

1. Re: Into the Black Mar 27, 2017, 19:38 The Half Elf

I'd like to thank the guy at work who thought he lost his car keys in a trailer that sent me and another worker on a 3 hour trailer/key hunt only to find out he left them in his ignition and introduced me to Bourbon. And to my brother in law for introducing me to high quality bourbon that I can in no way, shape or form afford

*raises his half full glass*

To those who can't be with us, to those who are far away, we raise our glass and toast to you, that we will meet again one day.

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Mar 27, 2017, 16:41 The Half Elf

Is this the patch that adds multiplayer?  

News Comments > Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free; Mirage: Arcane Warfare Closed Beta
10. Re: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free; Mirage: Arcane Warfare Closed Beta Mar 27, 2017, 16:41 The Half Elf

Jagacademy wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 15:36:
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare has the best first person melee combat out of any game ever made, period. So before you go saying how terrible it was, show me a game that did it better...you can't. My only complaint was the "ballerina" spinning sword attacks, but I only occasionally get beat by someone using them, the majority of the time it backfires since they turn their back to you to do it. No other game has come close to matching the skill and fluidity of sword fighting however, with being able to block, parry, riposte, etc, using a wide variety of weapons.

That being said, this new game actually does look pretty terrible. Will have to wait and play it, but until then it doesn't look very enticing.

You never played Jedi Knight Outcast or Academy did you?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 26, 2017, 14:19 The Half Elf

Been playing this with Batz mrgrosser and another person and it's a pretty solid game. Needs some network tweaking and a few more coats of optimizations, but quite a bit of fun.  

2. Re: Into the Black Mar 24, 2017, 19:12 The Half Elf

My ex mother in law.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Year Five
6. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 24, 2017, 19:11 The Half Elf

El Pit wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 18:32:
WOW! A virtual Big Bennys vending machine!

For the 10th anniversary of the game being in production, we might get some lube, and for the 15th production anniversary, a dildo with the Star Citizen logo. And if you insert the dildo, it will play a sound recording of Roberts laughing!

BUY NOW! LIMITED SUPPLY!!!

Well sheeeeeeeeeet... I got all that and I didn't spend a dime.... where do I sign up?!? Do I get a "You've been fucked!" sticker with the Star Citizen logo on it?

11460 Comments. 573 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo